Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2019 11:58 AM
Jan 2018
joke_lang said:
This is anime of the year! I don't care what anyone says.
This is a masterpiece. Shame on MAL community not voting it 9.0 and above. It is better than AOT season 3.
And some people are saying Vinland Saga is anime of the year. Nope this is anime of the year!

This is definitely episode of the year, but AOT is still my #1, let's see what the next episodes of Kimetsu no Yaiba have to offer!
Aug 10, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
This was an outstanding episode

The soundtrack, choreography, and animation was really one of the best I've seen in a long time
Aug 10, 2019 12:04 PM

Oct 2018
Alright, Anime of the year!!!

This episode is easily the best anime episode I've seen this year, nothing comes even close!

Changing that score to 10/10!
Aug 10, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2019
Mehaei said:
Such an awesome episode. Does anyone know the name of the ed song?

I was trying to find it for you on the subreddit but they deleted it smh
Aug 10, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
What a fucking top tier episode, and holy shit that animation on Tanjiro's dad while he was dancing was smooth af
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 10, 2019 12:10 PM
Aug 2019
I LOVEEEEEE KIMETSU NO YAIBA SO MUCH!!!! THANK YOU UFOTABLE FOR THE FCKING AMAZINGGGG ANIMATION!!! IT FEELS LIKE I WATCH A MOVIE BUT KNOWING KNY IS A WEEKLY ANIME IS MADE ME REALLY HAPPY OMG OMG I LOVE IT 1000000000000000000000% I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! PLS THIS SERIES IS 99 FROM 1-10
Aug 10, 2019 12:17 PM
Apr 2016
These last couple episodes have been the best so far by a long shot. This fight and the Zennitsu fight were insane!
Aug 10, 2019 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
Ok, I know that fire dance thing was a huge ass pull, but God what an amazing ass pull! It's nice to see a shonen anime not use the standard "MC is so angry his inner demon takes over" trope for once. The fight was very well "choreographed" and the animation was gorgeous. They even managed to add some development to Nezuko there, which was much appreciated. Now, can Tanjiro please remove that thing from her mouth already? The girl has already earned it.

Also, that sound Inosuke made when he realized he'd been tied was hilarious. He's slowly becoming a comic relief character, isn't he?
Aug 10, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2019
This episode left me speechless, it was absolutely awesome, really. Gotta love ufotable!

Reach for the
Stars☆

Aug 10, 2019 12:27 PM
Oct 2018
incredible, incredible, incredible, incredible, incredible, incredible........ Simply incredible 🌀

sure you know the reason ........ kekkijutsu
Aug 10, 2019 12:27 PM
Jun 2019
Just wanted to say the animation was nothing short of GORGEOUS in this episode. IT was positively stunning.
Aug 10, 2019 12:31 PM
Apr 2019
I've never thought of posting any comments...but after watching this episode, i'm still too hype too tense to sleep. This anime, this episode is of god tier, it was too beautiful that i cried LOL. Ufotable has been on fire, this is on another whole new level
Aug 10, 2019 12:32 PM
Oct 2007
KnY anime has been really annoying for most of its run with the glacial pace (part and parcel of being a long running shounen series I guess), but the last 10 minutes of this episode. Holy shit.

Immediately cements itself as one of THE anime scenes of all time.

Fade_ said:
I'm guessing the color of the blade changed.
Just speculating. Would like to avoid the manga for now.

What you saw wasn't the blade changing colour, it was some of Nezuko's blood splattered on the broken blade combusting right as Tanjiro swung the blade through Lower Moon 5's neck.
GrimaHAug 10, 2019 12:38 PM
Normal well-adjusted human being
Aug 10, 2019 12:32 PM
Oct 2017
what is the song used at the end? will that be the new ending?
Aug 10, 2019 12:33 PM
May 2019
One of the best anime fights
Aug 10, 2019 12:34 PM
Jun 2016
That was the most beautiful episode i ever seen, i swear. The power came from nowhere, but the rest of the episode was incredible, the visual, the voices, the choreography. I'm very emocional.

Congratulations to unfotable, and to the autor, that is a masterpiece.
Aug 10, 2019 12:37 PM
Jul 2015
personface said:
what is the song used at the end? will that be the new ending?

Insert song for this episode called "The Song of Kamado Tanjiro" will be available 30/8
Aug 10, 2019 12:40 PM

May 2016
That scene was legendary, this has definitely solidified Kimetsu no Yaiba as one of, if not my favourite shounen jump series.
Aug 10, 2019 12:41 PM
Dec 2016
Mehaei said:
Such an awesome episode. Does anyone know the name of the ed song?

Kamado Tanjirou no Uta
Aug 10, 2019 12:43 PM
Jul 2019
Finally caught up with the series. Good lord,this episode was easily the best of the series.Entire episode was sakuga fest with good OST. 5/5. The show would have been an average one if it wasn't for ufotable's effort. Kudos to the staff and keep up the good work.
I hope one day ufotable animate solo leveling.
Aug 10, 2019 12:47 PM
Nov 2018
What a Masterpiece!
Amazing Animation, perfect Harmony between scenarios and Characters and stupend soundtrack. OMG! I'm waiting for New Characters and when they appear I wish MAL to allow 11 rating.
GOAT
Aug 10, 2019 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
Worst episode so far. Plot armor galore, not for 1 but for 2 characters. That was some big bullshit, I can't get over this so easily like everyone seem to do
Fortune favours the bold!

Aug 10, 2019 12:54 PM

Jan 2015
DeathTheKid4 said:
Worst episode so far. Plot armor galore, not for 1 but for 2 characters. That was some big bullshit, I can't get over this so easily like everyone seem to do

Everything comes down to execution, and although I don’t feel the same was as you do, the “big bullshit” here was executed to perfection. That’s why everyone seems to love it
Aug 10, 2019 12:55 PM
Aug 2019
Okay... WTF WHAS THAT HOLY JESUS!

決めつの刃!!!
Aug 10, 2019 12:55 PM

Oct 2018
Honestly, this was at least on the same level as SnK episode 5

But IMO, it was even better

It's been a long time since last I got so excited watching an episode of any anime!
Aug 10, 2019 12:56 PM

Mar 2018
OMG
This episode was soooooooo good! Everything especially in the battle is ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!
The animation is on a whole other level. It fits so well, it looks so good, it's simply EYEGASM!!!
The new ED is wonderful, the flashbacks were wonderful, simple EARGASM!!!

I was reluctant the whole time but this episode did it. This anime is a 10/10 and easily one of the BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR or even OF ALL TIME! At least it will be in my Top 3 now

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 10, 2019 12:56 PM

Oct 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:

Oh look, someone who wants attention
Aug 10, 2019 12:57 PM

Oct 2017
The performance of this episode is absolutely phenomenal.
It turns that typical shonen plot armour of mc turns op from a single flashback scenario into something special.

I bet if I just read the manga, I'd actually hate on this episode, but the performance, animation, music, in combination of flashback is done so well I can't fault this anymore. Not to mention this villain is probably the best one so far throughout this anime series atm.

UFO is literally the savior of Demon Blade.
I bet most of the manga author would be so jealous... Some of them got even better plot/ combat than Demon Blade, but they never got studio this good to animate their series, and usually the anime studio turned their artwork into something far worse.
Aug 10, 2019 12:58 PM

Jul 2019
I have no words. The emotion and animation in this episode, it was phenomenal. The effort put in by ufotable really paid off. This is one of the best episodes I've ever seen. I was gasping and exclaiming throughout the entire fight sequence, and my eyes started to water. Clearly the best episode of the year.
Aug 10, 2019 12:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Essentially 99 percent 5/5 if we disregard the obvious 4 trolls.

Aug 10, 2019 1:00 PM
Feb 2019
Amazing episode. The music in the background while we saw these scenes were top notch. Scenes had me feeling emotional for a moment with shock, excitement, and a little bit of sadness. Watching this was an experience I can't forget. Thank you, Ufotable, for this gift.
Aug 10, 2019 1:05 PM
Sep 2016
As a manga reader for this series,I am speechless. UFO did a amazing job! The animation, the music, the VAS did such a fantastic job as usual. I clapped as soon as the episode ended just amazing!
Aug 10, 2019 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
-Aincrad- said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

You have Sword art online at your favorites, I don't expect much from your standards. I rated Kimetsu a 4/10 already, I don't want attention, I'm not a troll, nor an elitist, you can look at my profile to see how many anime I actually like and give high ratings :D

Aug 10, 2019 1:07 PM

Jun 2015
Xenocrisi said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Everything comes down to execution, and although I don’t feel the same was as you do, the “big bullshit” here was executed to perfection. That’s why everyone seems to love it

Yeah I can see that, the execution was amazing, the animation was amazing, but I can't get over that massive plot armor. Most of the people can, fair for them, I just can't. Sorry :(

Aug 10, 2019 1:13 PM
Jul 2015
DeathTheKid4 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Yeah I can see that, the execution was amazing, the animation was amazing, but I can't get over that massive plot armor. Most of the people can, fair for them, I just can't. Sorry :(

I mean you see to get over it in Hunter with

seeing it is a favorite of yours.
It is the same here just a convenient solution for the protagonist

Aug 10, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2009
And now trending on Twitter
Aug 10, 2019 1:14 PM

Sep 2018
Best episode SO FAR, the music, and animation, goosebumps all over my body only few animes can make me feel that, incredible job
I keep moving forward

May 2016
OH DEAR GOD THIS WAS AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH UFO TABLE STAFF FOR BRINGING THIS TO DAYLIGHT.

and here is some highlights of the show

RaizelAug 10, 2019 1:25 PM

Jun 2016
Nezuko is just the best. I think she will best girl of 2019 easily.

I felt really bad for the demon. She just wanted to be a good sister. 🥺

Aug 10, 2019 1:18 PM

Oct 2017
NathanusMaximus said:
Yet again Ufotable turn a measly couple of pages of manga content into 15 minutes if pure fucking magic. Ufotable are quite possibly the best animation studio in the world.

The animation, the music, the voice acting, the pacing, so much goosebumps.

During a time where animation in anime was gradually becoming worse, we were blessed to get a gift as beautiful as Demon Slayer from Ufotable and this episode was simply perfect.

I legit can't find the words to describe how perfect this episode was because 'perfect' does not do it justice.

Totally agree with you.

They add SO MANY of their own creative shot in combat/ storyboard that's not even in manga at all, turning an above average series into something special. Don't get me started how well they put together the bgm and flashback. It is really magic.

Usually when I see this type of mc plot armour I'd boo on it because I'm someone who always try to think more rationally, but I can't do the same for this episode. The execution is just too well.

Really really wish more series I love get this treatment, but it'd never happen.
More studios will turn my favourite works into dogshit or something mediocre....
Ventus_SAug 10, 2019 1:23 PM
Aug 10, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2015
DeathTheKid4 said:

so every demon has a blood art so why nezuko can't have it,and for being an asspull the new technique must have no explanation and they explained it.
Aug 10, 2019 1:19 PM

Oct 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
-Aincrad- said:

You have Sword art online at your favorites, I don't expect much from your standards. I rated Kimetsu a 4/10 already, I don't want attention, I'm not a troll, nor an elitist, you can look at my profile to see how many anime I actually like and give high ratings :D

Yet the best argument you got is "YoU hAve SwOrD aRt OnLiNe At YoUr FaVoRiTeS"

That's the lamest thing you can ever do, to check someone's favourites so you can judge them
Aug 10, 2019 1:19 PM

May 2018
Finally Nezuko was able to used her powers as a demon to her brother.
Aug 10, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2018
I have seen around 7200 episodes so far and this is the best anime episode i have ever seen.

Ufotable really is something else. Did this series justice.

+ Kimetsu no yaiba is really good and interesting show.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Aug 10, 2019 1:24 PM
Mar 2019
I’m clapping.

Applause all around to everyone for this episode. Amazing.
Aug 10, 2019 1:27 PM
May 2013
one of the best anime of decade. hands-down.
Aug 10, 2019 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
There are episodes that make one glad to be an anime fan, and as I watched the absolutely God-tier execution of episode 19's music, art, animation, story, voice acting, memories, pacing, JUST 100% of everything, come together and play out before my eyes, before I knew it, I was standing, watching, with my heart in my throat, tears brimming at the edges of my eyes, shaking just a little with excitement, thinking to myself,

"I AM SO HAPPY TO BE AN ANIME FAN RIGHT NOW. THANK GOD I FOUND ANIME ALL THOSE YEARS AGO."

Ufotable does it again. They are so slick, I don't know how they do it, don't care how they do it, just pray they keep on doin' it.
Aug 10, 2019 1:39 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode I love it I like Tanjirou, Rui and Nezuko and Love the song as well.As for manga readers who read these you guys know what gonna happen after this right.

Aug 10, 2019 1:40 PM

Sep 2017
That looked pretty incredible. The new breathing style kinda felt like it was just pulled out of his ass for convenience but whatever. Now we have the problem where every 12 beyond this has to be even more powerful till it reaches a ridiculous point. I mean with this new breathing every other demon should be cut like butter. He just needs to practice with it a bit. I certainly wouldn't have had our protag be strong enough to take out the "super elite 12" so early on. Nezuko unlocking a blood art was pretty cool tho.
Aug 10, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2018
Amazing episode.
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.