Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 10, 2019 11:54 PM

Jul 2014
Because of the comments and the low score I thought it would be something awful like Arifureta but I've watched the 2 episodes and what the hell?! It's actually pretty damn funny.

Shenmue, Gugule, Yahoo, the boutique owner, the discussion with the bandit, cigarette character sheet, De Mon, the spanking... hilarious episode.

I'm also really enjoying the interactions between Maou and Aku, she's so cute. But poor Maou, being seen as an old man and even called Papa, that hurts.

Luna is great too, that pout at the end was so adorable <3

Jul 11, 2019 12:15 AM

Mar 2008
That ass spanking had me rolling. lmao Plus stealing her money to boot. xD I love this anime.

Also, Must protect Aku's smile. <3
Jul 11, 2019 12:20 AM

Mar 2019
man after the terrible mago no kenja i kinda liking this one... MC is kinda a asshole but likeable, aku is very cute and the comedy while not that brilliant is good. I was really tired of isekais taking it too serious...
Jul 11, 2019 12:53 AM

Oct 2017
Lol he really spanked the holy maidens ass and then took all her money.Also the names of the places r really hilarious. Well looks like next epi is gonna be more fun too.
Jul 11, 2019 1:26 AM

Sep 2009
The animation and soundtrack are terrible yet strangely appropriate at times. The 8-bit bgm when the bandits appeared had me facepalming and grinning simultaneously.
Jul 11, 2019 1:30 AM

Dec 2012
geez this is anime not social science at Liberal U. Get off the high horse and enjoy the show.

I am totally tired of people trying to impose western social justice values on Japanese anime and culture. We know very well what is what and you can do as you like in your wonderland while we will make and enjoy anime which uses all sorts of tropes and settings..

this looks better than i expected. will keep with it for now.

Jul 11, 2019 2:03 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, Hakuto! Spanked that Holy ass! lol
Jul 11, 2019 2:04 AM
Apr 2019
Worst isekai of the season by far
Jul 11, 2019 2:11 AM

Jul 2017
This episode is a step up, but still feels wonky.

The ass-spanking literally saved this episode. And its try at being uncanny and funny.

Plus the insane number of references, Shenmue, Market City Yahoo, Gugule "Google" Inn.

Somehow I have a vague feeling: is this gonna imitate that Demon Lord show from last Summer again?
Jul 11, 2019 3:01 AM
Apr 2015
I laughed out loud a few times in this one. seems a bit aimless so far, but is pretty good for the usual isekai fare IMO. hopefully a real antagonist appears soon
Jul 11, 2019 3:41 AM

Oct 2017
How he can spanked her?? XD
Everything is okay,beyond animation and background
Jul 11, 2019 4:30 AM

Dec 2018
I did not expect that spanking XD with a little effort it can be fun as long as you ignore the rest
Jul 11, 2019 4:44 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know I decided to give the second episode a try, I didn't care about the first one.

CrisGer_San_AA said:
geez this is anime not social science at Liberal U. Get off the high horse and enjoy the show.

I am totally tired of people trying to impose western social justice values on Japanese anime and culture. We know very well what is what and you can do as you like in your wonderland while we will make and enjoy anime which uses all sorts of tropes and settings..

this looks better than i expected. will keep with it for now.

These people are worthless and they have nothing else going on in their lives. They produce nothing of value, so they need to adhere to fake religions. I wouldn't take these people too seriously, they have miserable lives they waste away while they do nothing of value. Just laugh at their misery, millenials are especially bad when it comes to stuff like this. A lot of these people are also just trolling.
alpha_shadowJul 11, 2019 4:53 AM
:3
Jul 11, 2019 5:41 AM

Apr 2015
Art and animation still in bad shape though.

That spanking though. lol

And why Aku still walk like that?? He should be able to heal her leg right??
Jul 11, 2019 5:47 AM

Feb 2017
The animation in this is so bad it's funny, I think it's helping me enjoy the show a bit more if that makes any sense.
The sound on the other hand...
Jul 11, 2019 6:58 AM
May 2017
I haven't laugh so much since Kaguya-sama XD
Jul 11, 2019 8:06 AM

Dec 2016
Myorave said:
Nothing groundbreaking but it was an ok episode. The 8bit soundtrack was a nice touch.

Agree, 8bit soundtrack shulde be a bigger part of this anime.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.90/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.67/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.56/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 11, 2019 8:15 AM
Nov 2015
RebelPanda said:
STOP SPANKING THE CHILD!!! He molested a kid and then stole all her money so now he's rich I guess. They had to tell us she's sixteen right after the molestation but she definitely doesn't look it! This is so uncomfortable, the main character is a total douchebag but blonde rem just eats it up. Now she wants to have sex with him and call him papa. I hate this.
ok so form when spanking kids is a molestion ? wow dude, i realy hope that you was joking here
Jul 11, 2019 9:18 AM
Apr 2019
zamployer said:
Next episode :KILLER QUEEN!
THAT WAS A FRECKING JOJO REFERENCE?!?!? :)))

YES, I came here only for this comment. Because no one else commented this, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined, was expecting about 60 more.
Jul 11, 2019 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
that shenmue reference
Jul 11, 2019 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
lol the spanking was the epiphany of the episode
Jul 11, 2019 1:04 PM
Jun 2014
Mythologically said:
Well, they seem to have given up on animation. Either way, this is comedy gold. I haven't laughed this much since Kaguya. This is truly a masterpiece.

Couldn't agree more, this is so terrible that it's hilarious, and the complete lack of budget makes it even better. The shot of the restaurant was like a Where's Wally book in terms of spotting all the mistakes and missing or broken faces.

And who can forget Mr Blobfish?
Jul 11, 2019 1:29 PM

Jan 2019
This show is actually pretty enjoyable if you didn't go into it expecting it to be a serious story.

People who thinks that aku wants to f him just because she wants to sleep with him are the ones who are nuts. She looks at him like a father figure and she even tells him she prefers to call him papa rather than onii-san because he looks like an old man that's more like her dad.

The spanking scene was jokes and all the character interactions were enjoyable.

The background sound tracks were unique and it added a comedic mood for some scenes but there were definitely moments where I found it a little bit overwhelming and too loud.
Jul 11, 2019 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
Meh this anime has been a disappointment so far. Is it serious? is it a comedy? 2 episodes in and I can't take it serious and it's not funny. We'll see what happens next week
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 11, 2019 2:05 PM
Mar 2018
Yet another harem! I don't know why the isekai genre is synonymous with harem but I am getting seriously fed up with it. I suppose it's time to drop this while I still can.
Jul 11, 2019 3:31 PM

Dec 2012
Luna is so cute ahhhhhhhhhhh

Jul 11, 2019 3:43 PM

Feb 2018
Yo they fixed the ending and it doesn't sound as bad
Jul 11, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2015
Noni_Alin said:

Btw am I the only one that loves the MCs voice?

Literally the only reason I'm watching this is because Tsuda Kenjirou is the seiyuu for the "Demon Lord". Otherwise I wouldn't even have glanced at this show.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Jul 11, 2019 6:24 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Despite the lazy animation, I'm enjoying this show a lot because of the character dynamic between Maou & Aku what a cutie <3 and then there's the funny Holy Maiden who got spanked so hard. xD The poor girl. So it looks like Luna is going to join them now? xD

I like the MC. He's cool but very caring and doting towards Aku. Oh, that blonde cutie. <3
Jul 12, 2019 12:03 AM

Oct 2008
Things to avoid: don't get butt slapped by De Mon! (Ma-Ou) lolz!
4/5.

Hana_Poko said:
Noni_Alin said:

Btw am I the only one that loves the MCs voice?

Literally the only reason I'm watching this is because Tsuda Kenjirou is the seiyuu for the "Demon Lord". Otherwise I wouldn't even have glanced at this show.

Tsuda Kenjirou is best voicing the Father of Ao Horie (Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)

elementex said:

i think that title goes to Arifureta in terms of adaptation wise...
matias067Jul 12, 2019 12:06 AM

Jul 12, 2019 12:52 AM
Apr 2019
matias067 said:
Things to avoid: don't get butt slapped by De Mon! (Ma-Ou) lolz!
4/5.

Hana_Poko said:

Tsuda Kenjirou is best voicing the Father of Ao Horie (Midara na Ao-chan wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)

elementex said:

i think that title goes to Arifureta in terms of adaptation wise...

I mean sure, but the story in that is a million times better. Well it actually has a story unlike this.
Jul 12, 2019 1:55 AM

May 2018
lol I can imagine that the demon lord in the Konosuba world is this fellow connoisseur of gender equality, and when Kazuma meets Maou-sama they would become best friends xD
Jul 12, 2019 6:38 AM
Dec 2015
So this episode says it, the budget is clearly really low, the art isn't great and the story has been changed a little bit as well as what we see develop, This says right off the bat the manga is currently superior in basically everyway as it really makes you understand the feeling around every situation, or atleast the manga did for me.

The anime so far
6/10 art

6/10 music

3/10 animation

I cant judge the story at the moment the manga at where I was at last I read it was 7/10 I dunno if the anime will be better or worse in that general but as you can see disapointment I havent got high hopes, though I still hope they keep the good stuff/improve on some of the missing elements

I wish they put more budget in this, the fighting, place designs, character designs, development in general is so much better in the manga.
Jul 12, 2019 7:13 AM

Jan 2018
this is amusing to me, it's like they put all the generic plots to an isekai and made it so bad it's actually fucking good WHAT
Jul 12, 2019 8:51 AM

Apr 2016
zamployer said:

yes! yes! yes! YES¡

The truth is that this episode was much more fun than the first and brought us a new character to make it more fun, as for Aku the truth is that I really like your relationship father and daughter.
ArtgonJul 12, 2019 9:01 AM
Jul 12, 2019 9:55 AM

Apr 2017
They even do tracing on old good anime Suisei no Gargantia

Jul 12, 2019 9:58 AM

May 2011
Katojana said:
The animation... is shit. Too many freeze frames
Love the characters.
The Soundtrack is amazing albeit unfitting in some scenes
overall another isekai. And since I'm isekai trash, I love it.

You should watch the other works the director has done. It seems that it's his trademark because in his masterpiece ladyspo he took to a whole new level.
Jul 12, 2019 10:00 AM

May 2011
videokilled said:

The director just copies stuff as he goes along. In his masterpiece Ladyspo he copies Dragonball and Macross for crying out loud.
Jul 12, 2019 4:15 PM

Oct 2017
That ED... do they switch worlds later or what?

M4RCEL0 said:
zamployer said:

YES, I came here only for this comment. Because no one else commented this, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined, was expecting about 60 more.

Or, you know... it could be about the Queen song? LOL
Jul 12, 2019 4:19 PM
Apr 2019
RainyShadow said:

Or, you know... it could be about the Queen song? LOL

Pff, the Queen song is a motherfucking Jojo reference, didn't you know?
Jul 12, 2019 4:28 PM

Oct 2017
M4RCEL0 said:
Pff, the Queen song is a motherfucking Jojo reference, didn't you know?

Nope, don't have a clue what is jojo about, i don't watch it :P
Jul 12, 2019 4:41 PM
Apr 2019
RainyShadow said:

Nope, don't have a clue what is jojo about, i don't watch it :P

WHAT? You never watched Jojo? Pfff, you know it's fun, right? I am supposed to give my opinion, so give it a try and then you can tell me if it's good or not. Not convinced yet? Okay, I'll cut you a deal, the anime is available in Japanese, and that's a great language!
Jul 12, 2019 5:24 PM

Oct 2017
@M4RCEL0
Too many things to watch and too little time right now, but i'll consider it for later.
Knowing myself, if i like it it would be hard to not binge the whole thing, and currently this would mean self-destructing, lol.
Jul 12, 2019 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Kougeru said:
dropping this lol
Don't you want to see more harem of lolis?
Jul 12, 2019 7:25 PM

Jan 2009
Yatsuho said:
Kougeru said:
dropping this lol
Don't you want to see more harem of lolis?

It's not really a harem though, unless you consider father/daughter treatment with aku as harem.

I'm also surprised people are complaining about references and copying of other media, this show is obviously parodying isekai tropes (kinda thought the fact that the city is named "yahoo" or the fact that his pack of cigarettes has a character sheet would have made that obvious but w/e).
Jul 12, 2019 7:27 PM

Jul 2015
Guess I'm getting burnt out on OP Isekai protagonists. I mean, this is probably better than some of the other stuff I watched, but it's just not connecting with me. I'll probably end up dropping it in a couple of episodes. I don't feel like it's doing anything really worth sticking around for, and sadly, a simple spanking scene isn't enough to keep me interested after the mess Demon Lord Diablo got himself into.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 12, 2019 8:41 PM

Feb 2014
This show is moving in a fast pace. Hope they don't miss out on the good parts.
-Aincrad- said:

Also, this is so cute :D

SMOL XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 13, 2019 1:43 AM

May 2009
Better than first episode but that not much an achievement.
videokilled said:

It's not tracing, just same poses, drawings are clearly different.
Jul 13, 2019 7:19 AM

Apr 2018
Adding Luna to the party made the show funnier. F to her butt though
Jul 13, 2019 10:11 AM
May 2019
RebelPanda said:
STOP SPANKING THE CHILD!!! He molested a kid and then stole all her money so now he's rich I guess. They had to tell us she's sixteen right after the molestation but she definitely doesn't look it! This is so uncomfortable, the main character is a total douchebag but blonde rem just eats it up. Now she wants to have sex with him and call him papa. I hate this.

umm i think a few things were exaggerated in that post, don't think of all anime as eromanga sensei and oreimo, there are wholesome anime with just a few jokes lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

96 by Rudyanto13 »»
Mar 21, 6:52 AM

» Season 2 when?

Iroha_Pixie - May 18, 2021

31 by Allsaints112 »»
Feb 6, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2019

53 by GabaGej »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

87 by icegodz12 »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

61 by Muow »»
Oct 29, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.