Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2019 7:05 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh well it seems that Dororo and hyakkimaru have taken their path separately after that one. Well its a bit sad one for me though. Anyways love that final clip where the Grown up version of dororo rushingly went to hyakkimaru...

8/10 for me overall...
Jun 24, 2019 7:15 PM
Jun 2015
While not perfect, this was an ending that I can accept.

There certainly were things that happened too quickly or without explanation (Tahomaru's missing piece for example), but for some reason I don't see those as issues for the ending, instead they are issues with the episodes leading up to this finale. Dororo took a downturn in quality for a few episodes in the latter half of its run, and the partial episodic nature of others probably took away from the running plot.

Also, I don't think the deaths of both Jukai and Nui were wholly necessary. I understand their deaths and the purpose for them, but I don't think both were necessary. If either of them should have died, it should have been Jukai, as his story was over, whereas Nui could have aided in the rebuilding, as she was finally taking action by herself these past few episodes, and it might have even fit the direction her character was taking. Otherwise, if they both had to die, then it should have been Nui trying to save or be with Tahomaru, and Jukai saving Hyakkimaru, instead of Jukai dying alongside Tahomaru and Nui as the odd man out.
Jun 24, 2019 7:22 PM

Dec 2014
Good finale, it kinda ended on a fairly mellow note.

It's sad that Hyakkimaru's Mom, Jukai and Tahomaru all had to die while Daigo ended up living but I suppose there is some meaning in having him live with all the sins he's commited.

I like that Hyakkimaru shows a very human disposition after regaining everything, it's a strong emphasis on his character of never wanting to turn into a vengeful demon who despises everything and everyone responsible for turning his life into literal hell.

Overall, a very strong series, while the first half was notably very superior to the second, I still really liked the show. The entire story about Hyakkimaru regaining his limbs by defeating the demons was a very compelling plot line. The strange thing is, I'm not really able to put into words what exactly was missing from the second half of the show that was so good about the first half. I mean it's essentially the same thing about him fighting demons to regain his body but somehow it just wasn't as good, did we just tire of it? I can't really tell. Despite that, I still really liked this show, great character cast. Tahomaru deserved better in my opinion. I kinda wish we learnt more about Biwamaru but I guess he's supposed to be a mystery character. Would've been nice to have some more time skip stuff. Dororo grew upto be a beauty.

9/10
Jun 24, 2019 7:36 PM

Apr 2017
oh man, what a show. truly one of my favorite series in the past year.

what a great finale - it felt a little rushed ngl and it could have used another episode to really tie it all together, but overall it was a pretty good ending for an incredible story.

hyakki is soooooo freakin pretty, and so is dororo. i kinda expected hyakki's eyes to be darker but whatever. he's still cute. nui holding her sons in her arms for the last time broke my damn heart, and jukai coming in with her to protect hyakki from the falling beams warmed my heart. taho's final moments were really emotional and we finally get to see some of the kindhearted tahomaru we knew before he turned against his brother.

i didn't read the manga, but is this finale canon? i think that either way i really like it, but i wanna know if this is the same ending as osamu's.

overall, 9/10. it's been a journey.
Jun 24, 2019 8:03 PM

Mar 2016
mayhem1994 said:
nyugvo6 said:
that was absolute nonsense.
why the hell did any of these happen?
it being anticlimactic was expected but holy fuk.
taho and hyakki fight for understandable reasons.
hyakki stops wanting to kill taho because he sees the hole in his heart. okay.
after sparing him the last demon starts acting up so the tears his extra eyes out and rejects the demon. is that even possible? whatever.
hyakki kills the last demon by stabbing the red orb in an instant. that's it? really?
puppet guy and mom show up they save hyakki, then die along with taho for no reason when they could have dragged him out. I get puppet guy's urge to die, it was well explained in his backstory BUT "guess I saved hyakkimaru and gave him some blessing I can die at last" that's bullshit.
and the mom is like: "all these years I never paid attention to you, instead of saving you and dedicating myself to be by your side from now on I'll just watch you die and burn with your corpse."
GOOD FUCKING GOING.

Taho was dying dude, he was finished, his mother stayed with him because of the sins she committed in rejecting her son when he returned, she wanted to stay with Taho because she wanted to be with him at the end because she was never with him throughout his life.
Jukai is already damned because of the atrocities he committed during his earlier life, it clearly shows when we meet him again halfway through the series, he's always haunted.
mojeEEEEEEEEEEEE said:
It really needed some extra time for closure. This anime had a great potential but this episode was a big clusterfuck and felt kind of rushed. Sure it wrapped up everything in the end somehow, but 1 extra episode fleshing out the battle with last demon etc. would make it just so much better. Also Nui is just plain retarded, what the fuck was that supposed to be, what's the point of Hyakkimaru sparing his brother if she just decided to burn along with him in the for whatever reason lol.

The point of Hyakki sparing his brother is that he doesn't get consumed and turn into a demon, his humanity wins out in the end. Regarding Nui's actions, read what I said above.
Some of you guys really aren't paying attention to what's going on...

That last part you said....that pretty much applies to anybody who gave this a 5 or lower.
Jun 24, 2019 8:07 PM
Dec 2017
Was a bittersweet ending but I've heard many people weren't that happy with Hyakki and Dororo parting ways towards the end.
Jun 24, 2019 8:19 PM

Mar 2018
nice show, don't feel like more seasons will come but i hope it wasn't a lazy ending :P
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Jun 24, 2019 8:22 PM

May 2014
I’m surprised everyone is complaining??? While I do agree the ending felt rushed and there was faults throughout the series as a whole I did love the ending. I enjoy the fact that it was a happy ending for a dark fantasy drama. I’m with everyone on an OVA !! I’m overall very pleased with the series and I hope it does spark more anime company’s take adapt/readapt older series. It really was refreshing to watch this show especially compared to shounen, fantasy, and just dark series in general today. I’ll miss this series a lot. My Monday’s will be empty again :(((
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Jun 24, 2019 8:42 PM

Dec 2014
I believe that was a good way to end the show...still believe the young brother and mother was alive...glad to see dororo more feminine
Jun 24, 2019 8:59 PM
Jun 2019
The place and the time background on which this story was based.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaga_ikki
Jun 24, 2019 9:03 PM

Oct 2018
Overall I liked the ending, the only think I didn't like about it was the quick change of attitude of Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru during the final battle, pretty anticlimactic, but I'll let it pass. It was a nice ending
Jun 24, 2019 9:15 PM
Nov 2018
overall enjoyed it, wasn't amazing but good enough. didn't enjoy the last part of cour 1 and first half of second cour that much, but the last 6 episodes or so was better. party is over now
Jun 24, 2019 9:19 PM
Oct 2017
Very good anime in general, had its ups and downs but almost always remained well.
The "end" was quite well, the battle against Tahomaru was intense and well animated and the protagonism of the mother was quite more than in other chapters ...

Now, I didn't like something, I felt that to be the last chapter something was missing...Maybe I needed more emotion? idk.

Hyakki's reaction when he recovers his eyes was very dull, I expected him to react differently.
When he leaves the castle with his mother, brother and the man who gave him the prosthesis burning and dying inside, he did not react with anger or at least with surprise.

I don't know, I feel there were several things that could have been done better, yet it is a very good anime and I will miss it.

PS: Hyakkimaru's mother is beautiful <3

8/10
Jun 24, 2019 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
Does anyone know how close this is to the original ending? Is the original longer or is it about the same?
Jun 24, 2019 9:43 PM
Apr 2019
I did not like the end of dororo and gankutsuou, although the end of the manga is bad, but gankutsuou just needed to be similar to the book.
Jun 24, 2019 11:04 PM
Nov 2017
A very good series overall. Well, at last Hyakkimaru got his eyes back and complimented Dororo. That was the best part!
Jun 24, 2019 11:07 PM
Dec 2017
I was expecting a sad ending where they killed hyakkimaru kinda suprised but happy that he lived. I loved the series but a movie of dororo and hyakkimaru and their lives after would be nice .
Jun 24, 2019 11:20 PM
Jul 2013
nyugvo6 said:
that was absolute nonsense.
why the hell did any of these happen?
it being anticlimactic was expected but holy fuk.
taho and hyakki fight for understandable reasons.
hyakki stops wanting to kill taho because he sees the hole in his heart. okay.
after sparing him the last demon starts acting up so the tears his extra eyes out and rejects the demon. is that even possible? whatever.
hyakki kills the last demon by stabbing the red orb in an instant. that's it? really?
puppet guy and mom show up they save hyakki, then die along with taho for no reason when they could have dragged him out. I get puppet guy's urge to die, it was well explained in his backstory BUT "guess I saved hyakkimaru and gave him some blessing I can die at last" that's bullshit.
and the mom is like: "all these years I never paid attention to you, instead of saving you and dedicating myself to be by your side from now on I'll just watch you die and burn with your corpse."
GOOD FUCKING GOING.
I agree, 100%. I loved this show, but that last episode was soooooooooooooooo dumb.
Jun 24, 2019 11:32 PM

Aug 2016
This show had some ups and downs. The premise was really interesting and I liked how dark it got at times.

Though some of the later episodes (the marriage one in particular) were poor. The ending just had too many things happen so fast that it kinda made it difficult to feel the significance (or anything at all) for that matter.

It kinda just left me saying.. "... that's it?"

6/10
Jun 24, 2019 11:34 PM

Sep 2018
Really gonna miss this one.. I just really wish we got to see a bit more of what happened to Dororo and Hyakimaru afterwards.
StrandedMountainJun 24, 2019 11:46 PM
Jun 24, 2019 11:37 PM
Jun 2019
The ending actually makes perfect sense. The only thing I'm personally disappointed in was the drop in animation quality as the show went on. In many ways the show would have been much better if it stayed short, or if it went full in with the episodic nature of the mysteries and stories... Mushishi style.

That being said, it was certainly rushed. Tohomaru dying in the end, and their mother staying with him was touching. I didn't expect them to just sit down and die in the fire per se, but it does make sense. His father was pretty much already a ghost and only followed him to see if he could gift humanity to Hyakkimaru, Tohomaru was already going to die, and the mother wanted to make up for her absence in his life.

Also, I didn't expect the scene with Diago in the end, and it was a good addition.

God damn what a ride, loved this show. Kinda BS with the whole tease about an older Dororo meeting up with him after some unseen time skip, I'd have prefered if they didn't part ways and have some supposed reunion much later.
Jun 24, 2019 11:55 PM

Dec 2018
Few anime can have endings as great as this one. It tied up every loose end about the story and gave a satisfactory conclusion. Dororo has been a fucking incredible journey and was amazing to watch. Phenomenal.
Jun 25, 2019 12:05 AM

Apr 2015
i want to see more of hyakkimaru and dororo
Jun 25, 2019 12:21 AM
Feb 2017
Dark-Knight003 said:
In the final scene, Did Hyakkimaru and Dororo meet again??

Yep, there was golden rice (like in Mio's vision) under the bridge Dororo and Hyakkimaru were on. In the previous scene Hyakkimaru is shown taking Mio's rice seeds out of his pocket. Meaning:he had planted them and came back after they grew.
Jun 25, 2019 12:57 AM
Sep 2016
Ok so I don't get it...The season one finale felt like an actual finale to the show(and I thought it was as I didn't even know at the time that it was gonna be 24 episodes), while this episode felt like a teaser for another season, despite being the real finale.
This second season overall has been really underwhelming compared to season one. A lot of people will point to things like the decline in animation quality in some episodes, or to the rushed finale, but to me the greatest sin is how Dororo was handled this season. She does NOTHING the entire season. First season, she served as a guide to Hyakkimaru, a grounding for his humanity, and would often help out fighting the monster of the week (which is another thing I miss about season one's writing as the shorter fairy tale-ish vignettes were much more entertaining than the overall plot). Second season, she's basically Princess Peach, getting kidnapped every other episode and Hyakkimaru having to save her. The map on her back makes her basically a maguffin and it seems like no one actually cares about who she is as a person. Dororo is the TITULAR CHARACTER yet she gets 0 character development. And in the finale, titled DORORO AND HYAKKIMARU, Dororo sees Hyakkimaru only once, and she's treated as a meaningless side character. The shelving of Dororo really brings the second season down, as well as the sloppy writing.

Which speaking of the sloppy writing, let's summarize the plot of season 2.
Ep 1: The main pair fight the statue guy. Very similar to episode 1. Hyakkimaru shows that he's not always serious at the end, and Dororo's back map is revealed.
Ep 2-3: The moth episodes. The main 2 separate at the end of the episode because...uh...yeah no real reason besides the writers wanted them to, they were lost in thought I guess??
Ep 4-6: Dororo is kidnapped. She helps them fight a shark so they don't die, then she goes back to being a damsel in distress. Hyakkimaru has a boring episode with his adoptive father. Hyakkimaru almost gets killed by Tahomaru and the main 2 find the treasure.
Ep 7: Weird attempt at a comedic episode. Feels out of place in a show like this.
Ep 8: Dororo helplessly watches Hyakkimaru fight a demon and then they both realize he needs to kill the demons at the source.
Ep 9-12: the final battle. Dororo plays absolutely no role in these last 4 episodes and Hyakkimaru does everything on his own, with a little help from his new best friend Demon Horse.

so yeah, way too much focus on the plot, random contrivances happening here and there for no reason other than the writers wanted it to be that way, reducing Tahomaru to a recurring villain, and completely sidelining Dororo.

but hey, at least the second OP was better.

Season 1: 10/10
Season 2: 4/10
Overall: 7/10
If I were to recommend this series to anyone, I'd just say watch the first season, and only watch the second if you're still curious.
Jun 25, 2019 1:08 AM

Mar 2016
The storytelling is overall a bit messy and the execution is sometimes a bit off. Though, the concept itself is pretty interesting. Also too many fillers, I think it was better to just focus on Daigo's arc and thicken the plot than those damn fillers. The production value is also pretty good. Nice screenplays and great voice acting. The soundtrack is decent. Sometimes the animation is a bit odd, but ok. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

Ne: Dreamy Kid
Fi: Edgelord
Te: Shit-talker
Si: Borderline OCD
Jun 25, 2019 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
What an ending. I loved that we got to see a small glimpse of them reuniting in the end.

Can't believe this is over. What a ride it was. 9/10
Jun 25, 2019 1:18 AM
Nov 2015
AquaShldEXE said:
Ok so I don't get it...The season one finale felt like an actual finale to the show(and I thought it was as I didn't even know at the time that it was gonna be 24 episodes), while this episode felt like a teaser for another season, despite being the real finale.
This second season overall has been really underwhelming compared to season one. A lot of people will point to things like the decline in animation quality in some episodes, or to the rushed finale, but to me the greatest sin is how Dororo was handled this season. She does NOTHING the entire season. First season, she served as a guide to Hyakkimaru, a grounding for his humanity, and would often help out fighting the monster of the week (which is another thing I miss about season one's writing as the shorter fairy tale-ish vignettes were much more entertaining than the overall plot). Second season, she's basically Princess Peach, getting kidnapped every other episode and Hyakkimaru having to save her. The map on her back makes her basically a maguffin and it seems like no one actually cares about who she is as a person. Dororo is the TITULAR CHARACTER yet she gets 0 character development. And in the finale, titled DORORO AND HYAKKIMARU, Dororo sees Hyakkimaru only once, and she's treated as a meaningless side character. The shelving of Dororo really brings the second season down, as well as the sloppy writing.

Which speaking of the sloppy writing, let's summarize the plot of season 2.
Ep 1: The main pair fight the statue guy. Very similar to episode 1. Hyakkimaru shows that he's not always serious at the end, and Dororo's back map is revealed.
Ep 2-3: The moth episodes. The main 2 separate at the end of the episode because...uh...yeah no real reason besides the writers wanted them to, they were lost in thought I guess??
Ep 4-6: Dororo is kidnapped. She helps them fight a shark so they don't die, then she goes back to being a damsel in distress. Hyakkimaru has a boring episode with his adoptive father. Hyakkimaru almost gets killed by Tahomaru and the main 2 find the treasure.
Ep 7: Weird attempt at a comedic episode. Feels out of place in a show like this.
Ep 8: Dororo helplessly watches Hyakkimaru fight a demon and then they both realize he needs to kill the demons at the source.
Ep 9-12: the final battle. Dororo plays absolutely no role in these last 4 episodes and Hyakkimaru does everything on his own, with a little help from his new best friend Demon Horse.

so yeah, way too much focus on the plot, random contrivances happening here and there for no reason other than the writers wanted it to be that way, reducing Tahomaru to a recurring villain, and completely sidelining Dororo.

but hey, at least the second OP was better.

Season 1: 10/10
Season 2: 4/10
Overall: 7/10
If I were to recommend this series to anyone, I'd just say watch the first season, and only watch the second if you're still curious.
everything you pointed out were blantant nitpicks, and not sloppy writing other than that I agree season 1 was better but season 2 was still great and no contrivances are there as nothing felt forced everything happened with a logical reason, but some things were more interesting than others
Jun 25, 2019 1:18 AM
Apr 2018
I have ONE problem with this episode

Why couldn't this episode be called "The Story of Dororo and Hyakkimaru". The previous 23 episodes started with "The Story of...". My OCD is kicking in
Jun 25, 2019 1:28 AM

Sep 2017
the last episode felt lukewarm compared to the previous ones. it definitely needed one more episode to show us what happened in Dororo's and Hyakkimaru's life while they were apart. I liked the fact that they got back together tho.
Jun 25, 2019 1:32 AM
Sep 2016
Black_Sheep97 said:
everything you pointed out were blantant nitpicks, and not sloppy writing other than that I agree season 1 was better but season 2 was still great and no contrivances are there as nothing felt forced everything happened with a logical reason, but some things were more interesting than others

is the sidelining of dororo a nitpick? or the separation at the end of episode 3?
I wouldn't be as hard as I am on season 2's flaws if I didn't love season 1 so much.
Jun 25, 2019 1:34 AM
Nov 2015
AquaShldEXE said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

is the sidelining of dororo a nitpick? or the separation at the end of episode 3?
I wouldn't be as hard as I am on season 2's flaws if I didn't love season 1 so much.
yeah it is , cause it made sense for it to go down that way that's why it isn't a problem.

I don't why people are saying the ending felt rushed , it was neither disjointed nor confusing and it covered all relevant plot points, just because a series doesn't give you what you want doesn't mean it's rushed.

cherry_memoir said:
the last episode felt lukewarm compared to the previous ones. it definitely needed one more episode to show us what happened in Dororo's and Hyakkimaru's life while they were apart. I liked the fact that they got back together tho.
I don't think that's needed all we needed to know that their journey's were over and that they part ways , and their time apart is insignificant to their time together that's why they reunited.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJun 25, 2019 10:22 PM
Jun 25, 2019 1:47 AM

Sep 2017
Black_Sheep97 said:
I don't think that's needed all we needed to know that their journey's were over and that they part ways , and their time apart is insignificant to their time together that's why they reunited.

I would like to know what Hyakkimaru was doing all that time and if Dororo managed to build the country again using her father's treasure. many people would like to know, I believe. the fact that they reunited is great but I felt like seeing more, that's all :)
Jun 25, 2019 1:50 AM
Nov 2015
cherry_memoir said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

I would like to know what Hyakkimaru was doing all that time and if Dororo managed to build the country again using her father's treasure. many people would like to know, I believe. the fact that they reunited is great but I felt like seeing more, that's all :)
sure I can understand you would like to know but I don't believe it to be relevant as it was a story about him and dororo, their time apart would add nothing to the story.
Jun 25, 2019 2:18 AM

Mar 2010
I liked the ending, but would have preferred that Nui, Tahomaru and Jukai survived.

Solid series tho
Jun 25, 2019 2:24 AM

Feb 2014
Not exactly what I was expecting, but still good nonetheless.
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Jun 25, 2019 2:30 AM

Jun 2013
I was expecting Tahomaru to die but why did Daigo live on? I hope that motherfucker suffers. His wife and son are both gone. Also I wasn't expecting Jukai to die either :( I guess it's an act of parents sacrificing themselves for their children. Aside from Daigo, of course, that motherfucker needs to be ravished by tentacles.

9/10 for me. It had its flaws but the overall story was still wonderful. They were able to take a 50-60 year old series and bring it back to life. Definitely one of my favorites for this year.

Glad to see Dororo grown up a bit towards the end. I saw some fanart of her but I guess the one in this series was good too.
BibimbapskiJun 25, 2019 3:56 AM
臭い-
Jun 25, 2019 2:46 AM

Jan 2015
So sad this one is over... Really gonna miss it. ❤️
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Jun 25, 2019 3:02 AM
Jan 2019
not good finale why it end like that at least give them a chance to speak to each other damn i never accept this need more even i know the one who write it is dead already
Jun 25, 2019 3:11 AM

Jan 2018
Grown up Dororo is so pretty!

Feels like the last episode was a bit rushed and still disappointed that Tahomaru and his mother died after they finally reconciled with Hyakkimaru.
Jun 25, 2019 3:37 AM

Apr 2018
Well, here it is, the conclusion. It still left a lot of questions from me like why was daigo bleeding. And is Tahomaru dead? Welp, hell yeah Dororo became a waifu material now. Biwamaru is still mysterious for me
Jun 25, 2019 4:28 AM
May 2013
not the most satisfying resolution but a good ride nonetheless. 7/10
Jun 25, 2019 4:32 AM
Dec 2017
Aleiad said:
RIP pretty much everyone...

Although it was only for a bit, we got to see an older Dororo~~ She became such a pretty lady... (Slightly happy that my wish came true)
They sure teased us with those few seconds that it’s kinda sad that we’ll most likely never see the rest of her adventures.

I will really miss this anime...

Edit: I just found out that the fulll version of the 2nd ED is out on Youtube on Eve’s official channel~ so good~~
i just want to know what the hell happened to hyakkimaru and dororo.I wanted to see dororo ruling a country and her methods to rule, will se became arrogant or hyakkimaru help her to rule or the country will be the first democratic country. Not to ignore the fact that dororo called hyakkimaru bro, their relation will be a special one or just to put it simply i want to see the future of dororo and hyakkimaru .. i just want to watch more adventures of dororo and hyakkimaru..
Jun 25, 2019 4:44 AM

Nov 2017
BlueMist13 said:
I don't get why some people are saying the ending was underwhelming. Maybe they were expecting more action and something more flashy and adrenaline-packed.
Sure, some endings are fun like that.

But Dororo ended with a spiritual-like peace, you know?
It wasn't for some great big plot, it was just to finally feel at peace with what they've done in the past and to just end all the suffering and stress they've been through. It's kind of like taking a great big nap after a tiring day.
That feeling of falling onto your bed and you're out within seconds.

And to quote mayhem1994's comment:
"Some of you guys really aren't paying attention to what's going on..."

Some of them might be expecting a flashy ending like fight scene of the big boss and such. Some might be expecting some epilogue like Dororo and Hyakkimaru together..

Tbh, this was the perfect ending I could asked for. Even in ep 23. I already or the anime itself already showing that the final episode is about closure. What each characters choice will be. It is not entirely about killing the big boss demon. It is more of what Hyakkimaru will choose in the end. The anime pretty much wrap up what the whole show wanted to convey. Hyakkimaru choose to be a human. Dororo decided to help the villagers using the money she have. Jukai, Nui and Tahoumaru choose die to finally repent all the guilt they must have felt finally able to fullfill all their roles. Daigo surviving being the most harsh punishment as he have to live all the sin he committed alone.
The whole ending is about closure to everyone. It is a quite closure. So I really don't understand how it was also underwhelm to others.... or they really expecting a flashy ending then...

Thanjh said:
People defending this ep are like people defending GOT season 8. Yes things happened that made sense that they happened but it didn't make sense how they got there. For example, Nui and Taho dying. Yes it made sense that Nui wanted to be there with Taho but made no sense why she couldn't drag him from the fire and stay with him until he died then lived on.

Essentially, the show had good points but but bad development/execution. Still a solid 8/10

I am not sure if you noticed but the anime clearly showed that the only exit was destroyed and closed by those woods on fire... There are no way exit out. And they are on top of the freaking building so they can't jump.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJun 25, 2019 10:23 PM
Jun 25, 2019 4:58 AM
Sep 2016
Basically all of Hyakimaru's family dies, but he continues to be happy and gets an happy ending.
And they showed old Dororo <3
Jun 25, 2019 5:41 AM
Jun 2019
The ending was anticlimactic as hell and was rushed a bit. The last fight with the demon was pretty much nonexistent and it would have made more sense if both Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru attacked together and killed the demon, signifying that they come to an understanding and forgave each other. Other than that while I am okay how things were handled with Tahomaru, Jurai's scenes at the end served absolutely no purpose other than to show his forced death scene. It might as well been Nui who gave the statue to Hyakkimaru, which would have made much more sense as we've seen her many times with the headless statue, giving away the statue with a head would signify her acceptance of Hyakkimaru and making her peace with her sins. And Dororo not guessing where Hyakkimaru went didn't make sense, After all the things they saw and know Hall of Hell should have been the first place she should have checked, but all she says she checked the castle and didn't find Hyakkimaru.

Here is how it should have ideally ended;

First of all delete all the scenes Jurai from the episode and replace Jurai with Nui as the person who gives the statue to Hyakkimaru and make Tahomaru kill the demon along with Hyakkimaru, other than that episode should be the same until the scene where Dororo talks to the priest. After their talk Dororo would realize Hyakkimaru is at the Hall of Hell and rushes there. She sees Hyakkimaru is about to kill Daigo after their talk and she screams "Stop!", Hyakkimaru stops and looks at Dororo, he nods his head and leaves the statue next to Jurai with the same words from the ending. Together they go outside and Hyakkimaru tells Dororo that he needs to leave on a self journey. Dororo says she understands and says she is sure one day they will meet again.

After Hyakkimaru leaves, Dororo goes back to the villagers and takes them to where the money is hidden. After a time skip we see Dororo all grown up and working on a rice field with other villagers whom she is living together with. She raises her head and talks to herself how Mio's dream of golden rice fields is finally realized, cut to a short flashback of Mio and kids. Dororo suddenly feels an inkling and tells others she needs to go somewhere and leaves them on the white horse we have seen previously as a baby.

We see Hyakkimaru walking towards Nui's cottage which is surrounded by many people with prosthetic limbs, which were given to them by Nui. Hyakkimaru enters the cottage and sees Jurai on his deathbed surrounded by more people with fake limbs. They exchange a few words and Jurai tells Hyakkimaru how he has always seen him as his son and asks him if he is finally done with revenge and made his peace with himself. Hyakkimaru nods, and casually says his father has died and there is no one left to seek revenge and adds he made his peace with all of it a long time ago. Then we see the crippled kid, now all grown up, whom previously left Jurai because of his past sins, entering the cottage. He looks at Jurai and tells him after giving a long thought and listening to the stories of others that Jurai helped, he decided to forgive him. Jurai smiles and dies peacefully. With a single tear on his face Hyakkimaru leaves, saying "Goodbye, father."
Hyakkimaru keeps walking for some time with his head down, he suddenly hears a horse galloping and looks up and sees Dororo on the white horse. Dororo yells "Hyakkimaru!", implying now she sees him as her equal. Hyakkimaru smiles at Dororo.

The end.
justadororofanJun 25, 2019 6:01 AM
Jun 25, 2019 5:47 AM
Dec 2012
Ok first off I loved the series!! But this is about the finale episode so here goes. Yes I was a little disappointed with how everything ended so cleanly and matter of fact. I would have loved if after Hyakki spared Taho's life and Taho gave back Hyakki's eyes, the demon comes back for one last hurrah. When it comes back it tries to kill Taho for betraying it and wounds him. Hyakki now with a change of "heart" saves his brother right before the demon can get in the fatal blow. They both turn to the demon and together finally slay the last demon, Hyakki for his body and humanity and Taho for the curse of his family and people. Then when Hyakki visits his father, after sparing his live too, his father has a flashback to what could have been their lives if he had taken a different path instead of the path of the demons. In the flashback Hyakki and Taho grow up and lead the land into prosperity. Realizing what his future could have been his father acknowledges that he made the wrong choice and asks for forgiveness even though he knows he doesn't deserve it. Hyakki says to his father "It's not just my forgiveness but the forgiveness of 'OUR' people you should ask for, all you can do now is turn and live as a human!" Then he walks out. Super powerful meaning of redemption, forgiveness, and moving forward from your past. Plus I wish the first thing Hyakki saw was Dororo's face as she came to get him then as he was leaving turned and saw his mother's face and his "other mother's" (lol) face. All in all still a good ending and I hope we get an OVA or something about Dororo and Hyakkimaru's journey to save the land.
Jun 25, 2019 5:49 AM
Apr 2017
What the hell kinda ending was that? I became pissed in ep 23 and it continued all the way to the end. What pissed me off most was how disrespectful it was to Hyakkimaru and Dororo. He just up and leaves and then we get a two second clip of Dororo running to him? These are the two main characters, their emotional arc has been built up for 24 hours, and this is how their story ends? Fuck that
Jun 25, 2019 5:55 AM

May 2016
It might've been reasonable for the three of them finally being put to rest by melancholically yet peacefully staying in that burning castle after they've helped Hyakkimaru remain a human as he completed his quest as an ultimate act of repentance considering how they must have felt by finally doing something right in a life full of wrongs but it would've been way more preferable if they all managed to escape and lived out their lives by happily helping out other people instead. Tahomaru, Nui, and Jukai redeemed themselves at the end but they shouldn't have met their ends there because there's still so much they could've done after that.

Daigo might've lived through all this, but seeing how wise his son had turned out and having nearly everything taken away from him filled him with the biggest feeling of regret and humiliation as he helplessly witnessed the direct consequences of his actions. He'd be better off dead and Hyakki knew that fully, ready to take back what's his again if he ever plans on offering his body to the demons again.

Dororo finally had a reason to spend her dad's treasure on and I wonder about how many people she ended up helping with it. It was great to see her grown up and finally reuniting with her best buddy surrounded by golden rice in the end.

Jun 25, 2019 6:31 AM

Apr 2007
They couldve atleast kissed :(...
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by Chlatra »»
Mar 20, 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.