Forum Settings
Forums

how do YOU feel about sexualisation of minors in anime?

New
Apr 12, 2019 10:33 PM
Jun 2017
kinda makes me feel a bit icky just wondering what you guys' thoughts are haha
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 12, 2019 11:04 PM

Jul 2016
Why is the FBI outside my house?

Could be low-level bait. Not biting.

Apr 12, 2019 11:11 PM
Jan 2018
I gladly have never seen any sexualized children in anime. That just seems like a hentai thing.

But even if I did, my biggest reaction would just be to drop the show.

I seriously don't get why people even get mad about something that doesn't actually affect them or others.
Apr 12, 2019 11:18 PM

Jan 2018
If they're 13+ then I can't be too angry because that's the federal age of consent in Japan (even though most individual prefectures have it set between 16 and 18). But nah, lewding lolis is weird as fuck.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 12, 2019 11:25 PM

Dec 2017
Lewding lolis is what anime is best at. It should never change it. Again, there are fucking SJWs who criticize this.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 12, 2019 11:26 PM

Dec 2018
Even if they're high schoolers I still find it hard to keep watching dk why but definitely not because of jealousy aight?

I should probably read the synopsis more careful to avoid this.
thevagus said:
Lewding lolis is what anime is best at.

just...why? I would keep a straight face when that happened, glad it never did
iLbcoVEApr 12, 2019 11:30 PM

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• ᴗ •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Apr 12, 2019 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
Please, not this thread again. Let's just put it to a rest, this never goes anywhere. I'll have to gouge my eyes out if I see someone comparing lolis to videogame violence again.
Apr 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Apr 2018
Personally, I don't give a fuck. I'm not the intended audience for that stuff anyways. Also, I'm not gonna go out of my way to tell someone what they can and can't jack off to cuz its a waste of my damn time

But I gotta be honest

If someone walks up to me and tells me that they jack off to prepubescent anime girls under the assumption that "its okay she's 500 shes legal," imma meme the absolute shit out of them
Imperio_nApr 12, 2019 11:57 PM
Apr 12, 2019 11:41 PM

Mar 2015
Me: "lewding underage anime characters is weird"

Also me: "holy shit i want to fuck giorno"
Apr 12, 2019 11:45 PM

Feb 2018
Well, would be hypocritical to say that I think is wrong. The truth does not matter, if anime want to sexualize the grandmothers too. No problem.
Apr 12, 2019 11:45 PM
Jan 2015
Not cool if its children obviously. High schoolers on the other hand seem fine for the most part for the fact they're often designed to look older than what they actually are. Its the same thing with the live action entertainment industry, they literally have adults playing the roles of teenagers.
My Queens

Apr 12, 2019 11:46 PM

Mar 2019
I never really had any problem with the idea of high schoolers being sexualized before anime. I think that the US has a bit of a hysteria when it comes to this. High schoolers have gone through puberty and personally I think the expectation that they not be sexual beings is way more harmful than any TV show which accurately portrays them as sexual beings. When I was a high schooler, I remember really wanting movies and TV shows to portray us accurately and I hated when shows tried to "de-sexualize" our lives because I knew that wasn't how life really was. I wanted TV to accurately portray me and other people my age as normal human beings with a desire for sex. I think the age of consent being 16 is reasonable, I think 18 is a little higher than necessary. As for lolis, I guess I just don't care.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
I don't get sexualizing anime characters in general. Don't most girl anime characters have cute designs? Isn't the problem being attracted to cute things? Big round eyes and a small face is very catish and alienish to me, so I just want to pet and hug all of them. This cat look especially apparent when you see people try to mimic anime:

Sure, she looks pretty, but she also doesn't remind me of a human due to how unnatural and alien it looks. Anyway, to more directly respond to the thread, Asuna and Silica are the same characters design wise. The lolis are just a shorter version of the others. They both have supermodel level of hip to waist ratio and the exact same face. I understand the discomfort surrounding this topic as there was no reason to make a child, but I wouldn't say someone is pedo because they are attracted to just the general anime look. If you are attracted to Asuna, you are probably just as attracted to Silica because there are only minor differences between both designs discounting the height.
removed-userApr 13, 2019 12:07 AM
Apr 13, 2019 12:24 AM

Mar 2018
I don't really care about the whole thing.
Everyone their own and if an anime wants to do that, go ahead... You, as in the possible viewer, can decide to watch it or not.

And let's not forget that the age of consent is different in Japan.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 13, 2019 12:25 AM

Aug 2017
sexualization of children = sick, even in animation.

sexualization of high schoolers = amazing. But I prefer young adults.
NurguburuApr 13, 2019 12:40 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 13, 2019 12:52 AM

Jan 2018
thevagus said:
Lewding lolis is what anime is best at. It should never change it. Again, there are fucking SJWs who criticize this.

But bruhh the idea of sexualizing underage girls (like fucking grade schoolers) is fucking sick tho, sjw or not...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 13, 2019 12:56 AM
Oct 2018
thevagus said:

How is sexualizing children a good thing? "tHe SjWs aRe CoMinG" Lmfao.
Apr 13, 2019 12:59 AM

Nov 2009
It's just fucking pictures of bug-eyed pink-haired caricatures of humans.
Get a life, so you'll have actual problems to care about.
Apr 13, 2019 1:01 AM

May 2009
Just set those darn school-setting stories in universities, then you have college-age students who can engage in whatever silly fanservice tropes you wanna throw at them, as well as whatever crazy life-or-death situations you wanna put them in!
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 13, 2019 1:22 AM

May 2017
This is yet another bait right?
You're talking about drawings.
->Resetera, Brainlet-kun.
Apr 13, 2019 1:26 AM

May 2014
I still find it a little creepy, but at the end of the say they're not real, so it's not a big deal. There's not many real life children with dots for noses and giant eyes. People who like loli's might as well be attracted to weird alien creatures XD
Apr 13, 2019 1:27 AM

Sep 2017
That is the REASON why I watch anime.Nothing comes even close to anime in this area.
Apr 13, 2019 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
I am quite disturbed sometimes, for example in Maid Dragon..
Yeah, I am not a fan of lolis, even in hentai ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 13, 2019 1:36 AM

Apr 2016
Its a cartoon, who gives a shit. I can lewd all the lolis I want and no one's gonna lift a finger.
Apr 13, 2019 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty excited about it. Good thing we get multiple of those per season.
Also do we really need to make this thread every month?
removed-userApr 13, 2019 1:47 AM
Apr 13, 2019 1:45 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
It's pretty fukkin' repulsive but my opinion isn't gonna stop pedos from pedoing

Apr 13, 2019 1:50 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
thevagus said:

Generally they're pretty pro-pedophilia though, what with the 10 year old boys dancing in gay stripclubs being described as "brave" and whatnot. They also often counter criticism of specifically loli/shotacon with arguments like "it's xenophobic to criticise another culture."

Apr 13, 2019 1:54 AM
Oct 2017
Anything is okay as long as it's fictional
Apr 13, 2019 2:07 AM

Mar 2019
Sasori_Nagashi said:
thevagus said:

Generally they're pretty pro-pedophilia though, what with the 10 year old boys dancing in gay stripclubs being described as "brave" and whatnot. They also often counter criticism of specifically loli/shotacon with arguments like "it's xenophobic to criticise another culture."

I don't know if Japan counts as a "protected culture" in SJW ideology.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 2:10 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Ryuk9428 said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

I don't know if Japan counts as a "protected culture" in SJW ideology.

Asian Cultures are pretty low on "le oppression" list but they're there all the same.

Apr 13, 2019 4:20 AM

Nov 2009
> how do YOU feel about sexualisation of minors in anime?

Me? I feel happy about all the sexualization in anime. Especially given that most anime characters are minors.
Also, I feel better knowing that moralfags suffer from anime like Kodomo no Jikan existing. They deserve it.
Apr 13, 2019 4:55 AM

Jul 2014
Thread Locked

Threads pertaining to lolicon, pedophilia etc are prohibited under Rule 5 of this board

Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.

Take care of yourself

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Similar sounding Anime opening/ending songs

erikkamirs - May 3, 2020

10 by karsonardoe »»
3 seconds ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

13 by Zimmu »»
17 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

35 by Cronosmu »»
14 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

50 by TsutanaiFuun »»
23 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

67 by Spunkert »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.