Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 29, 2019 1:27 AM

Sep 2018
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - overrated but not hateable
Mar 29, 2019 3:00 AM

Oct 2015
I clearly said Mob psycho , but it's that count as popular show ?
Mar 29, 2019 3:40 AM
Oct 2018
i dont know about this but an anime which is a fucking masterpiece though has many haters is STEINS GATE.........................LOL
Mar 29, 2019 3:53 AM

Jul 2015
abhutrash said:
I second Cowboy Bebop and FMA:B. Only people who really hate on Brotherhood are fans of the 2003 version.

For the record, I'm a S;G hater and have run into a few people here and there who feel the same way. That said, it doesn't typically get that much hate, so I guess I see why so many people are citing it here.

Just quoting this to say S;G is shit and I'll fight anybody who disagrees (^:
Mar 29, 2019 5:41 AM

Jan 2019
-Full Metal Alchemist Brothehood: Never saw anyone shitting on it yet
-Oregairu: While some people call it to be over rated but I haven't seen anyone legitimately hate this series yet
-Higurashi and Serial Experiments lain: Those who like watch it and those who don't drop it within 5 episodes. Never seen someone shit talking about them yet
-Konosuba
-Cowboy Bepop
Mar 29, 2019 5:50 AM

Sep 2014
KyouKaiTen said:
Optigisa said:

They are wrong about HxH though.

And A Silent Voice has it's fair share of haters, it has major flaws.

I actually agree with him about HxH, it's because HxH is not really popular for common weebs who like Naruto, One Piece or Fairy Tail, a lot of my friend know about HxH but never watch it, that's why less people hating on HxH

What? Did you go outside lately? The street is full of weebs fanboying hxh exactly how it happened to naruto 10 years ago. These casuals are so annoying it makes me hate the anime a lot more.
Mar 29, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Optigisa said:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood certainly
thats literally one of the worst ive ever seen and a lot of my friends agree.
HxH has the least haters, havnt seen any of them cuz u cant really talk shit about the best shounen ever made.
Mar 29, 2019 9:30 AM

Oct 2018
Part 2 and 4 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure,One Punch Man,Mob Psycho 100,most of movies of Ghibli,The 97 anime of Berserk.
BONUS: The manga equivalent is Steel Ball Run.
Mar 29, 2019 10:08 AM

Dec 2016
Doraemon, can't find anyone hating it.
Mar 29, 2019 10:25 AM

Nov 2013
Hrybami said:
KyouKaiTen said:

I actually agree with him about HxH, it's because HxH is not really popular for common weebs who like Naruto, One Piece or Fairy Tail, a lot of my friend know about HxH but never watch it, that's why less people hating on HxH

What? Did you go outside lately? The street is full of weebs fanboying hxh exactly how it happened to naruto 10 years ago. These casuals are so annoying it makes me hate the anime a lot more.

where do you live? I reckon HxH quite popilar in the west, but in Southeast Asia I think no..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Mar 29, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2016
HisokaxMeruem said:
Optigisa said:
HxH has the least haters, havnt seen any of them cuz u cant really talk shit about the best shounen ever made.

Checks Username

"Oh that makes sense"
Mar 29, 2019 10:39 AM
Sep 2017
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. A lot of people think is amazing ( they´re not wrong )
Mar 29, 2019 10:41 AM
Sep 2017
HisokaxMeruem said:
Optigisa said:
HxH is not really that popular tho...
Mar 29, 2019 11:04 AM

Aug 2017
D Gray Man came to mind. Also, their fandom is nice unlike many others.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 2019 11:05 AM

Oct 2018
Whgedia said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

HxH is mainstream af,it's literally regarded to be one of the best shounens ever.
VaelthMar 29, 2019 11:08 AM
Mar 29, 2019 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Whgedia said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

875,394 members, 4th most popular in top 10, yes you are right, its a hidden gem. Just because it isnt airing every week like those trashy filler episodes one piece does or this buroto shit, doesnt mean its unpopular.
Mar 29, 2019 11:15 AM

Jan 2015
Well, definitely SAO. I’ve rarely read negative comments about it.

Fight me
Mar 29, 2019 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
FMAB had a review on IMDb and the person who reviewed said it was a rip-off off Teen Titans Go. It was a one star review.
Mar 29, 2019 12:45 PM

Jul 2016
HisokaxMeruem said:
Whgedia said:

875,394 members, 4th most popular in top 10, yes you are right, its a hidden gem. Just because it isnt airing every week like those trashy filler episodes one piece does or this buroto shit, doesnt mean its unpopular.

It is ranked 27th in popularity though.... lol

Mar 29, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2016
Whgedia said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

HxH is really popular. Not as popular as Naruto, Bleach, DBZ and One Piece, but it is pretty popular
Mar 29, 2019 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Optigisa said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

so its unpopular because its ranked 27th? below which rank does it become unpopular to you? because i certainly think its popular
Mar 29, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2016
HisokaxMeruem said:
Optigisa said:

so its unpopular because its ranked 27th? below which rank does it become unpopular to you? because i certainly think its popular

Ummmmm.... I was simply correcting you. I know that it is popular.
Mar 29, 2019 1:17 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Natsume Yuujinchou - Wholesomeness the anime.
Nurguburu said:

True that, Gintama and Hunter x Hunter fans should take notes.
Mar 29, 2019 1:21 PM

Jul 2016
MeisterDM said:
Nurguburu said:

I actually thought the Gintama fans were nice unlike the HxH fans. Turns out every battle shonen has mostly toxic fans.
Mar 29, 2019 1:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Optigisa said:
MeisterDM said:

I actually thought the Gintama fans were nice unlike the HxH fans. Turns out every battle shonen has mostly toxic fans.

For Gintama, I don’t like how they shove the show down people’s throats (something something it gets better) without considering their tastes.

Hunter x Hunter fans think that every battle shounen that isn’t HXH is crap. Also, Hisoka should be killed off for real.

Mar 29, 2019 1:30 PM

Dec 2016
I said Brotherhood the last time a similar thread to this was made, but it looks like that answer has already been covered many times, lol.

I guess JoJo would be another one - never met a single person who hates that show (though I'm sure they exist), probably because people who wouldn't like it are too weirded out to even start watching in the first place.

What's the difference?
Mar 29, 2019 1:35 PM

Jul 2016
MeisterDM said:
Optigisa said:

For Gintama, I don’t like how they shove the show down people’s throats (something something it gets better) without considering their tastes.

Hunter x Hunter fans think that every battle shounen that isn’t HXH is crap. Also, Hisoka should be killed off for real.

Exactly! That is actually the reason I even started Gintama in the first place, someone was telling me that it becomes a masterpiece after Benizikura, then I told him that it did not, so he told me that it becomes a masterpiece after all 201 episodes, and it did not. A show that even needs X amount of episodes to get good, is really not that good tbh. I get bashed on by Gintama fans some times, some of them saying that I use alternate accounts to lower Gintama's million other seasons down, or that I have shit taste. Never thought they would be as brutal as the HxH and One Piece fans. It wasn't a good watch, but I am just glad I got three seasons and a movie off my back tbh.

HxH is slightly better than stuff like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. but really the fans should stop acting like elitists, it is annoying. Hisoka was enjoyable, I do not see the point in killing him. Togashi of course had to asspull a revival for him in the manga.

Mar 29, 2019 1:41 PM

Dec 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood definitely. But Death Note is also worth metioning, considering most of the criticism it gets is justified.
Mar 29, 2019 4:16 PM

May 2018
Off the top of my head, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Death Note.

I'd also say Steins;Gate, except that I have a friend who dislikes it. :/
Mar 29, 2019 4:19 PM

May 2018
AkihitoZero5454 said:
FMAB had a review on IMDb and the person who reviewed said it was a rip-off off Teen Titans Go. It was a one star review.

...What? Either that person was trolling, or is just plain stupid.
Mar 29, 2019 4:28 PM

Mar 2016
'Haters' are basically fans just in reverse, and are just as irrational, so I don't think they really count or matter. From reading this thread I think a lot of people just don't want to admit that there are many anime fans out there who might not be a huge fan of whatever their favorite show is, and that there is extremely clever and intelligent criticism of beloved anime being made like all of the time. People who 'never hear it' are talking to the wrong people or just love minimizing it by calling it 'hate' or whatever.

There is nothing out there that doesn't have a large group who dislikes it.
syncrogazerMar 29, 2019 4:37 PM
Mar 29, 2019 4:39 PM

May 2018
Either some of the top animes in terms of score,
or some obscure animes that no one have watched
Mar 29, 2019 4:51 PM
Dec 2013
If Spice and Wolf is considered popular, then that probably has the fewest haters.
Mar 29, 2019 5:28 PM
Dec 2018
Dave_Adrian said:
operasinger said:
So all the popular animes have a lot of haters, for reasons and sometimes even for no reason, so which popular anime has the fewest haters?

Fullmetal Alchemist is definitely it. I've never seen someone shit on that show in a colossal way. Only thing I see is some people calling it a bit overrated, but they still liked it.

From what I've heard, its main pitfall is the sheer amount of plot convenience in the first 20ish episodes, which is what's shying me away from watching it.
Mar 29, 2019 6:41 PM

Aug 2016
Off the popular anime list on here I'd probably say Death Note, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop and Brotherhood.

Most I've seen is that people think these shows are a tad bit overrated. Never real hate. Though there is a consensus that 2nd half of Death Note is weaker.

Gintama and OPM are comedies and naturally some will find them unfunny and hate. Though Gintama fans are the worst fanbase I've ever encountered. 9/10 times when you see alt accounts giving out 1's to new high rated shows its from the Gintama fanbase.

Hunter X Hunter has tons of haters. Same with Jojo. Though it's funny to me when I see Akame ga kill, Sao or One piece fanboys hate on these shows. Pure comedy. It's like go educate yourself.
JFujiMar 29, 2019 6:44 PM
Mar 29, 2019 7:28 PM
Apr 2013
Salvatia said:

lol, studio Miyazaki. Once he's dead all reverence will go away.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Mar 29, 2019 8:49 PM

Mar 2019
one punch man sure is popular and has a lot of fans. and compared to other popular anime, it seems to have less haters. at least among action shounen anime. i think

You Can Not Build The World With Beauty!
You Need Brain And Muscle!

Oh, Seriously?

Then You Can Not Destroy The World With Beauty!
Instead, You Need Brain And Muscle To Do So!
Only People With The Most Superior Brains And Muscles
Can Be The Best At Destroying This World!
But Who Has More Superior Brain And Muscle Anyway?
Me Or Her?

Mar 29, 2019 9:51 PM
Jan 2019
XquisiteWig said:
Can anyone explain why some people think 2003 is better than Brotherhood? It only adapts like a quarter of the manga, adds a bunch of filler/characters and then has its own original story which is good but not nearly as good as the manga storyline imo, then wraps it all up with a very average movie.

I just find it bizarre why anyone would prefer 2003.
they are some wannabe elitist who thinks liking a not so good anime made them superior
Mar 29, 2019 9:58 PM

May 2018
For me, it's K-ON! How can someone hate it? :D
Mar 29, 2019 10:03 PM

Nov 2013
Salvatia said:
Gakutsuou - I've not seen negative reviews or opinions about this one.
Konosuba - surprisingly low amount of people who dislike this one in spite of being an isekai & slapstick comedy
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - self explanatory
Higurashi when they cry - people who dislike it drop it immediately, but people who stick around become big fans.

Wait, what? Are you really Salvatia? Or are you someone else using her account? That's not her usual writing style...
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Mar 29, 2019 10:13 PM

Apr 2018
In addition to all the FMA comments, I'd throw in Mob Psycho 100. Haven't seen a ton of hate for that series.
Mar 29, 2019 10:36 PM

Jul 2012
Probably something like Detective Conan
Mar 29, 2019 10:43 PM
Sep 2018
definitely dragon ball as an entire
Mar 30, 2019 8:28 AM

Mar 2017
I started another thread about standard deviation in MAL ratings, which could be considered a measure of consensus vs. polarization of a particular title.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1774602
If there are a few titles you'd like to see the results for, let me know (but please not too many since I have to manually retype all the numbers). That thread also includes instructions for doing it yourself.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Mar 30, 2019 8:40 AM
May 2016
Nurguburu said:

It’s sad the series ripped off its main character design from seikon no qwaster
Mar 30, 2019 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Easily Jojo's bizarre adventure!!!
Mar 30, 2019 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Probably is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood or Gintama.
Mar 30, 2019 2:08 PM
Jan 2017
peodsgns said:
Most will say FMA:B but i would say Code Geass.I never saw someone who 'hated' it.But i know some people that dislike FMA:B
Literally how? There are so many people who hate on it that I see a million times more hate comments than praise for that show. I hardly ever see someone praise it.
Mar 30, 2019 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
Nine-TailedJosh said:
peodsgns said:
Most will say FMA:B but i would say Code Geass.I never saw someone who 'hated' it.But i know some people that dislike FMA:B
Literally how? There are so many people who hate on it that I see a million times more hate comments than praise for that show. I hardly ever see someone praise it.

Biggest issue was the character design, though being a Clamp fan I did not mind
Mar 30, 2019 4:05 PM

Apr 2014
DIZZYOG said:
definitely dragon ball as an entire

Dragon Ball, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shingeki no Kyojin.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

10 by Catalano »»
5 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

235 by perseii »»
3 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

60 by Pinoffin »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

29 by Hitagi__Furude »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

13 by cyandaqil »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.