Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 22, 2019 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
i knew the little kid was going to be with their mother. great episode.
Anyone knows where to start reading after this?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 22, 2019 2:20 PM

Nov 2014
Haeirin said:
ttcchen said:
Didn't expect them to cut off the episode at that point but it makes sense i guess.

Im glad they added in at least some flashbacks, which are truly needed for this episode and if they don't add them like usual they are dumbasses.

Ray's faces during the fire scene are too crazy. Anime exaggerated. In the manga it wasn't that insane. Mama's face too in the end. Like Sister Krone they r making her look like a retarded psychopath (like why stand there and talk to yourself when u could be chasing after the kids?)

Phil is cute as usual. Some of the flashbacks are lazy though. They just reused scenes without editing them, like norman find out what Ray's hiding. They showed the same scene instead of allowing us to actually SEE the gasoline tanks hidden under the board. And some scenes are just still images with character mouth moving. Also, Ray's face when he poured gasoline on himself doesn't match the expression he's making. I thought killua's VA would know how to sound crazy.

The timing for the fire doesn't match. Ray lit himself on fire a few seconds after clock strikes 12. And then emma stops him and the kids came in and talk all that stuff took at LEAST 5 min. But mama sees the clock strike 12 and then immediately emma screams. Maybe the kids changed the time on the clock idk but this wasn't in the manga so i hope this isn't an animation bug.

Also, just remembered the album scene in this episode SUCKS. It didn't make me tear up like the manga did. That image of emma and norman just looks dull and boring. And in the manga there r other pictures too.

I really hope they don't fuck up the last episode. Also despite my complaints i still rated this eps a 5/5 of pure enjoyment!

Thanks, we all admit to read the manga of the really GOOD shows instead. I can call this episode review here above absolute art.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
is that sarcasm im sensing?
Mar 22, 2019 3:05 PM

Aug 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Chapter 38 and onwards, but I suggest you to also read the first 37 chapters, where there are a lot of dialogues and scenes that the anime skipped.
Mar 22, 2019 3:17 PM
May 2012
Am I the only one who is dissapointed in how they did “Ray’s suicide attempt”? We should feel sad for him, but instead it felt creepy to me. Like, I understand he bottled all those negative emotions, but in that scene, craziness was the only emotion properly portrayed. I wanted to see him being vulnerable, not edgy because, come on, we know that he is edgy. Attempting suicide shouldn’t be epic and baddass and those “Kakegurui” faces shouldn’t be presented in this scene. This whole show presented Ray like a monster, I think that, at least in this scene, they should show more his human side because he is good kid raised in terrible environment.

Mar 22, 2019 3:23 PM

Oct 2015
What a great turn of events, and the next episode will be very interesting as there will be challenges and I hope they get the kid back( he's adorable).

I still think Norman is alive though!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 22, 2019 3:56 PM

Nov 2017
Having read the manga and some of the scans, this is the moment I waited the most! And I am not at all disappointed. It's even an amazing episode! I was expecting this end of episode where

Mar 22, 2019 4:06 PM

May 2018
Oh my, it's so edgy it hurts.
Btw the best way to deal with Mama would be throwing some molotovs at her :D

Mar 22, 2019 6:17 PM

Dec 2013
Mirai said:
I'm gonna assume that the house already had lighter fluid, and Ray didn't ask for it. No way Mama would've given him that.

Also goddamit Phil

He stockpiled lamp oil
Mar 22, 2019 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I was laughing my butt off to the ridiculously cool nature of the escape.
But, a major appeal to me, was that even when the characters bored me that the plot was still engaging. The reason was because there are all these moments where we hear the plans and speculate on what's going on with the kids. In the early episodes I made a map of the place and wrote down the problems they have and the approaches they could take and took to attempt an escape. Yet this episode showed that behind the scenes we had Emma and Norman planning to convince all the kids (I know that scene cut before it dropped that) and then the two had Don, Gilda, and them listen in on Krone. Further, we had a time skip where the real plan was initiated, one we had no part in as an audience. It was like everything important to the real escape was held from the audience. As if they had a puzzle they wanted us to solve, which can easily be seen with all problems and plans being stated by the characters, and then they decided to keep the crucial pieces hidden for a flashback later and told us to solve it. Then showed us the solution using the missing pieces. I don't think any information was withheld this seriously before this, nor did it prepare me for that kind of thing. And like I said, for me the appeal of this anime when the characters became plot-device-esque without much care about them or who they were as individuals, which was imo ep 4-8, was following along with the plot like I was a kid with them trying to escape. I feel robbed, or disrespected, or something bad from this episode, like the only thing I was actually enjoying was fake and the crucial parts were just hidden from my sight to keep me coming back every time.

Ultimately, this feels lazy and kind of offensive to me. Ray trying to burn himself to spite mom and let the others get out was awesome, but everything else that happened really made me mad. I don't watch this kind of show to see this kind of thing. When it’s all about putting everything out in the open and speculating, to hide so many crucial moments and then time skip to a plan we didn't know about commencing was not satisfying. If we openly saw those parts leading up to this with less of what we saw eps 4-8 I think the escape would have been awesome. Like something we'd been preparing. Instead it felt boring and frustrating to me. I normally write nice posts and like things but I was just so taken aback by this I had to rant a little. The goal was to escape and now the major plays of escaping have happened and we didn't even see them taking place.

I liked the absurdity of the escape but I didn't like that we were in Ray/Isabella's shoes where we didn't have a clue what was happening when the appeal of the plot was that we did and we saw every inch made towards the ultimate goal, escaping.

And now we see why Phil was so important. Fight mom to save Phil or leave him behind, omg! I guess Norman made a bridge contraption somehow... Either way rant done, obviously I was harsh and if you didn't care for the things I cared for I can understand not agreeing with it at all.

In the episode where both Norman and Emma have their conversation with Krone, there's a moment in which the group is reunited upstairs in which Norman and Emma exchange a stare, and then Norman tells Ray he wants to discuss the plan again with him, while Emma turns around to Don and Gilda. This is supposed to be the moment when they ask the kids to eavesdrop without Ray knowing it.

Norman saw the Oil under Ray's bed. There were also a few shots last episode of the kids training pretending they were just playing randomly.
If you watch the series again in its entirety and notice the little details you'll see that there aren't many asspulls. The only thing that could bother you is the way Norman climbed the wall since there was a much more logical way to do it (attaching the rope on a branch, holding the rope and then jumping towards the other side and then keeping the rope on it)

What are the other issues ?

WhayleMar 22, 2019 6:29 PM
Mar 22, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2018
Nice plan Emma for escape.Ray was burn to fire.
Mar 22, 2019 7:58 PM

Apr 2018
This episode was L I T (overused joke i know)

i love it and i hope for a S2 announcement next week
Mar 22, 2019 8:04 PM

Nov 2015
Whayle said:
Norman saw the Oil under Ray's bed.

Off-topic but could you tell me the episode when it happened? I remember it happening (both in anime and manga), I just want to find the episode so I can tell other people about the oil cans.

Edit: Nvm, I already found it, it was in ep 6, around 18:00.
AX3MMar 22, 2019 8:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 9:45 PM

Sep 2016
ttcchen said:

phxntomhiveghoul said:
also, they cut off their ears.

ProofByColor said:
Pretty friggin metal to cut their ears off like that as well.

only Emma cut off her ear.

Ray cut his off too, if it wasn't obvious already. That's why Ray's 'position' in Mama's tracker was shown to be coming from inside the fire, hence why Mama got fooled. Also, Ray is shown to be holding his ears with bandage on when they were escaping.
Mar 22, 2019 11:59 PM

Nov 2014
NothinComplexPls said:
ttcchen said:

only Emma cut off her ear.

Ray cut his off too, if it wasn't obvious already. That's why Ray's 'position' in Mama's tracker was shown to be coming from inside the fire, hence why Mama got fooled. Also, Ray is shown to be holding his ears with bandage on when they were escaping.
ray didn't. Emma surgically removed the tracker from his ear (we see she holding up the scalpel and a few eps earlier Sister Krone told them how to remove it by using the first aid kit). she took out the tracker without damaging it and put it in the middle of the fire, that's why mama was able to see the tracker blinking on her device. if you don't mind spoilers i can show u an image of ray later on the manga with his ears still intact.
Mar 23, 2019 1:27 AM

Sep 2016
ttcchen said:
NothinComplexPls said:

ray didn't. Emma surgically removed the tracker from his ear (we see she holding up the scalpel and a few eps earlier Sister Krone told them how to remove it by using the first aid kit). she took out the tracker without damaging it and put it in the middle of the fire, that's why mama was able to see the tracker blinking on her device. if you don't mind spoilers i can show u an image of ray later on the manga with his ears still intact.

Sure I don't mind spoilers, it'll be helpful if you do.
Mar 23, 2019 1:36 AM

Nov 2014
NothinComplexPls said:
ttcchen said:

here's an image with ray and a character later on in the manga
Mar 23, 2019 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
mindblowing, as per usual. when i saw the ear, i lost my sanity hahaha

wonder what phil's gonna do. but i can't wait for the next and finale episode. this show has been a wonderful ride!
Mar 23, 2019 3:37 AM

Nov 2007
I think most of you guys have realized by now why the following phase exists: All My...

Basically,
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2019 5:56 AM

Sep 2018
This is what I've been waiting for to be animate !! When I read this on manga, it's so good! I thought Norman is really with them but it's okay, too many things will happen after this escape arc ;)
This is the reason why I love Norman ;) Ray and Emma is a good characters too, but Norman is more specifical ;)
Mar 23, 2019 6:26 AM

Mar 2019
i haven't read the manga so the show is really fun to watch,anime of the season for(along dororo) btw i'm guessing ray probably goes to rescue phil and misses on the escape?
Mar 23, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2011
I don't really know what to say first. Phew.

The house is literally ON FIRE lol. I got the idea that they will burn the house because of the OP. Anyway, that was an excellent episode! I was on the edge of my seat when the fire started haha.

And WTH!!!! Phil was left out omg.

Final episode next up. Can't wait!

Mar 23, 2019 9:54 AM

Jan 2019
oh boy i can imagine what frame will be the last one next ep :3

man next ep is gonna be so powerful..

i hope they show (not really a spoiler)

since they have been avoiding showing that kind of stuff so far..

mahdidesu said:
i haven't read the manga so the show is really fun to watch,anime of the season for(along dororo) btw i'm guessing ray probably goes to rescue phil and misses on the escape?

you really want an answer to that?
think twice

shanimebib said:
I think most of you guys have realized by now why the following phase exists: All My...

Basically,

xD that would be a huge time skip
there is a lot of stuff that happens

killuaxgon said:
This episode was L I T (overused joke i know)

i love it and i hope for a S2 announcement next week

it will be useless unless its a four cour because of how the arcs are structured
if its any less its guaruanteed to end on an extremely stupid cliffhanger
13 episodes would be the most useless thing they can do because there is a tiny arc that is more or less build up for one of the future arcs which is around 10 chapters and then there is a huge arc with 50 chapters

difficult to say how they will split that if they release another season, or if they are actually gonna go for a four cour, id love that and if they do that its gonna go well, if not im not really hopeful..

Nemo_Niemand said:
Oh my, it's so edgy it hurts.
Btw the best way to deal with Mama would be throwing some molotovs at her :D

sure, and alert every single demon that she is dead because she has the same device in her chest as sister krone which sends a signal to HQ when the heart stops

Mezo-RPWPA said:

chapter 35

Still-a-Casual said:
This episode was fucking awesome. This anime was all about the buildup and I loved it. That last scene with Mom was terrifying too. I wonder if Emma is finally gonna let go of her ideal of saving everyone so that they can escape.

you are gonna love next ep even more mate :<
its gonna be so dope D:D:D:D: im so excited i reread the chapters of the manga
u will jump circles xD

SilentNox said:
Why chop ear instead of using Ray device?

because emma threw the tracker into the fire to fake the location as mama checked it to make sure ray was inside the fire

Sushantbro said:
This episode hyped me as much as the 1st episode did. Brilliant episode. I always see manga readers complaining but I don't have any issues with this adaptation.

Is there a chance of a second season?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

yes technically, anime adapted up to chapter 34 rn and will most likely end at chapter 37, there are 128 chapters right now in total with 1 chapter releasing per week in weekly shounen jump, that should give you the idea of the amount of content left to adapt

the problem is the next arc is a mini arc that builds up one of the later arcs and nothing happens that would be exciting enough as a stand alone 13 ep anime
the arc after that is 50 chapters and would require more than 24 eps imo it would need 50 eps for a decent adaptation.. otherwise its gonna end on one shitty cliffhanger

this is why i honestly believe we won't get to see anything for a while, or maybe not at all because it would be too long running, but who knows, lately a lot of shit gets announced, maybe we will get an announcement by next year or who knows maybe even earlier! its really popular after all
DenkiDestroy99XMar 23, 2019 10:14 AM
Mar 23, 2019 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow the last episode will be epic...I did not think everyone will be in
Mar 23, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2015
This was by far the best episode of this series.
Mar 23, 2019 11:06 AM
Jan 2016
Best eps so far...that thrilling emotions is real man...I think burning the house isn't a bad idea although it's really reckless and crazy, we just need to push and push harder haha. And Norman, he's the MVP man, without him, it's impossible to solve and arrange all of the puzzle pieces. And about Phil, I don't like him from the beginning, there's something wrong about him.
Mar 23, 2019 11:10 AM

Nov 2018
Meh it was okay but nothing great. So why did Emma wasted time and risked Ray's life if she knew his plan from the start ? Why did she said to Ray that she wanted to go tomorrow if she never wanted that from the beginning (like everyone else knew that they were gonna go tonight)? I don't really know except for cheap drama...

As for the rest, it was okay but predictable. Of course, Ray wasn't gonna die no one of the trio will for this season. Kinda disappointed with this anime: it's not bad, it has some good stuff but it's really not as smart as it think it is.

On a side note, Don and Gilda finally did something useful... Off-screen...
Mar 23, 2019 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
ttcchen said:
NothinComplexPls said:

You're wrong, Emma also cut Ray's ear. The pages you show are just the mangaka forgetting about it.

Di-Ansatsu said:
Meh it was okay but nothing great. So why did Emma wasted time and risked Ray's life if she knew his plan from the start ? Why did she said to Ray that she wanted to go tomorrow if she never wanted that from the beginning (like everyone else knew that they were gonna go tonight)? I don't really know except for cheap drama...

As for the rest, it was okay but predictable. Of course, Ray wasn't gonna die no one of the trio will for this season. Kinda disappointed with this anime: it's not bad, it has some good stuff but it's really not as smart as it think it is.

On a side note, Don and Gilda finally did something useful... Off-screen...

Mangaka wanted Ray to die but lost her balls at the last minute.
Mar 23, 2019 11:36 AM

Feb 2015
ttcchen said:
Haeirin said:

Thanks, we all admit to read the manga of the really GOOD shows instead. I can call this episode review here above absolute art.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

Not at all, I mean.. it is a motive for me to read further. I just get very surprised for these necessarily spoilers :^)
Mar 23, 2019 12:01 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see that as shocking as Norman's death was that Emma and Ray's desire to escape never waned. Hmm Ray's plan sure was a bold one but also a well thought out one as well. Though Ray's way of restraining mum and giving the others the chance that they needed sure was unnerving a fact that is reinforced by his desire for revenge. Emma's prep for the plan though sure was impressive not to mention through. But it was Norman that had laid out the groundwork before then huh. The plan that Emma and Norman hatched up though sure was impressively intricate. Can't wait to see whether their escape will be successful. Though looks like there might be a factor of risk here with the kid that was left behind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2019 1:09 PM
Mar 2015
In your face ,Mama , Emma is smarter than your average bear
Mar 23, 2019 1:45 PM

Aug 2017
a very powerful episode with a great conclusion - Emma cutting her ear off was gruesome and very well done, and the plan was clever and entertaining. no idea what lies in store for us in the next and final episode, but i'm really excited!

though this series seems to have gone by really quickly >.>
Mar 23, 2019 3:23 PM
Mar 2018
The beginning of the escapades!!!! The plan for the grand escape set into motion!
Mar 23, 2019 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
I grasped when I saw Norman met up with Emma by the wall, too bad it wasn'tthe case. I was hoping Emma locked the door to trap mom in the burning room. I guess there wasn't enough time to do such a thing.

Phil takes one for the team.
Janethan23Mar 23, 2019 3:53 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 23, 2019 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
Ray rigged ALL the fire extinguishers! damn outplayed!
Mar 23, 2019 5:22 PM

Dec 2013
Based Norman saw through Ray’s plan!

Next weeks finale can’t come soon enough.
Mar 23, 2019 6:15 PM

Jun 2015
the finale is going to be awesome, this is the anime of the season for me, hands down.
it's amazing to me how stable emma and ray were running when they had just cut off their ears, although the medical supplies must've helped a ton.
someone save phil
Mar 23, 2019 6:17 PM
Nov 2018
This episode was one of the most rewarding pay-offs in recent memory, everything makes sense now. This series is amazing and truly memorable.
Mar 23, 2019 8:31 PM
Apr 2016
Norman's really out here derailing people's plans from beyond the grave(even though it doesn't seem like he's dead👀)
Great episode overall, but what's going to happen to Phil?
Mar 23, 2019 11:55 PM

Mar 2017
I felt so many emotions when I read this chapter and now the anime episode..... I can see the "anime only" viewers getting hyped haha

BUT PHIL
PHIL, PHIL MY BBY ╥﹏╥
eulsMar 25, 2019 1:59 AM

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 24, 2019 1:16 AM
Mar 2019
I hope Phil doesn’t snitch. The plan is going so well. The show’s title may be an indication that there is no happy ending here though. I can only hope.
Mar 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Apr 2014
Well that was an absolutely incredible sequence of events. JAILBREAK!!! Everything culminated into this clever and spectacular moment.

But, what of Phil? Isabella managed to make it out with what appeared to be the radio. Is he the one who is staying behind to deal with her then? He's probably been in the loop much longer than anyone has realized, given his coincidental appearances at key moments throughout the show.
ZeroDragonMar 24, 2019 2:05 AM
Mar 24, 2019 4:30 AM

Nov 2014
Haeirin said:
ttcchen said:

Not at all, I mean.. it is a motive for me to read further. I just get very surprised for these necessarily spoilers :^)
you meant the album part? Sry for spoiling you.

Whayle said:
ttcchen said:

You're wrong, Emma also cut Ray's ear. The pages you show are just the mangaka forgetting about it.

Are you serious??
Yeah keep denying the truth no matter how much evidence i throw at you if you refuse to look it ain't gonna matter

Get ur head out of your ass and stop being childish
Mar 24, 2019 5:44 AM
Nov 2013
Norman is almost at Aizen level right now
Mar 24, 2019 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was so goood and it didn't disappoint me at all after last week's cliffhanger.

Last scene though, that better be one of Emma's plan or I'm throwing hands >:C
Mar 24, 2019 7:29 AM

May 2018
So Norman is the new Light Yagami. But I really didn't expect this episode AT ALL. I love Emma, she's BAMF. Don and Gilda are really cool too. Also, Phil, just what are you up to??
Mar 24, 2019 7:52 AM

Jan 2016
so did they leave some kids behind along with Phil? Can't wait for the last episode, there's no way this won't get a second season.
Mar 24, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
I think they communicated to all the kids, but the one's that were left behind might side with mom... even though they are aware of the situation... i.e PHIL!?
Mar 24, 2019 11:58 AM

Mar 2018
This was really great. So the little ones were actually in on the plan for a long time now and actually executed some of the most important steps because Isabella didn't expect them to be in on the plan. Can't wait for the last episode.
Mar 24, 2019 4:04 PM

Oct 2013
That was intensive! I was worried about Ray, but fortunatelly he was saved by Emma. About Emma, I'm glad we learned that she only faked being depressed and resigned, only to make all elements of their escape plan as much efficiently done as it was possible. It was a great idea to tell other kids what was going on out there and what was the purpose of these places, known outside as "farms".

We had a cliffhanger again at the ending, but I'm not surprised nor angry about it. While I dislike most of cliffhangers, mostly because they are poorly made, "Promised Neverland" has very good ones that makes my hyped while waiting for the next episode instead of being irritated.

Oh my... Phil... I had thoughts that your wisdom, despite young age, could be one of the most important elements during the escape, but I didn't mean you had to stay there near Mother and become her hostage. xD

I hope Phil's gonna be saved and every kid on the farm will manage to escape. What will happen - we will see soon. Too bad it will be the final episode. I hope we will see Season 2 one day.
Mar 24, 2019 4:15 PM
Nov 2018
Slores said:
I'm still surprised Mama can't hear when they are shouting about how to escape just rooms away :P

Mod Edit: Please refrain from posting link to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
ikr even from earlier episode they seems can't even hear sh*t
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.