Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Jan 16, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2016
Marrone said:
When is episode 2 coming out? Isn't it today?

I think it's tomorrow, actually (I don't know why but the first episode aired a day before the official release in some countries).
Jan 16, 2019 10:09 AM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
strange that they ommited the lock picking and there's other questionable choices too. It's pretty important for this type of story to include the all the details. No one can assume the audience will know there was a locked door between them and the gate. So yeah, a bad choice.

The lockpicking bit could have indeed been both an awesome character moment and an excellent setup for the "escape the facility" kind of story conflict. Shame they chose to leave it out.
Let's hope they just wanted to get some more shock value out of ep.1 and won't compromise on the core conflict any more than that down the line.

haoody said:
For me, the problem is in how they managed to get out of the truck without being noticed.

Yeah that bit was weird too, now that you mention it. i didn't really pick up on that bit specifically because to me that already felt like just another instance of poorly thought out stuff being poorly thought out.

spoiler test explanation

That explanation requires a bit too much preexisting goodwill towards the show on my part. Also, at some point in the past i literally saw amateur fanfic writers use exactly that kind of explanation to retroactively fix their own early blunders.

The gate only opens to harvest a children, and the harvest only occurs with childrens who have age of 12

Not a valid reason to leave such a critical gate unattended for that rare moment when it is open.

There'll be mind games about formuling a escape plan without being noticed by Mama, who's smart than the kids. I particullarly, prefer that than more monsters.

Sounds fun :D. Like i said, let's hope the story edits in ep.1 with the gate, the truck and lack of lockpicking were just an anomaly and the rest will roll as intended.
Jan 16, 2019 10:21 AM
Mar 2018
I really like the concept of this anime and the first episode did not disappoint me. I have high expectations for it.
Jan 16, 2019 10:58 PM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
Looks like you're overestimating the harvest so much. They aren't even planing in investigate the gate that night or something like that. They just happened to go there because of the bunny. What's the chances of, in a day that occurs in years, the exact children that's going to be harvested forget your toy in the orphanage, and there's some retard kid like Emma that would go to the gate?

Ridiculous question merits a similarly ridiculous answer: we saw one instance of gate open and in that one instance the kids went into it, so the chances are 100%, as far as we observed.
A more serious reply would be - that's not how security in such installation should work. Since security is an important topic for me, this took me out of the experience entirely.

So this one would be better, because they literally say it in the manga

If only the episode was so interesting for me that i was actually compelled to read the manga... But it isn't. So i have to work with what is in the episode. In which this explanation was not deemed to be worth the screentime to include.
Jan 17, 2019 1:21 AM

Aug 2016
malMaxi said:

Ridiculous question merits a similarly ridiculous answer: we saw one instance of gate open and in that one instance the kids went into it, so the chances are 100%, as far as we observed.
A more serious reply would be - that's not how security in such installation should work. Since security is an important topic for me, this took me out of the experience entirely.

Why they have to be perfect securing that place though? Maybe, there was supposed to be someone guarding the gate, but this time for whatever reason it didn't come and they just felt to proceed anyway because it has never happened someting like that, or simply it has always worked that way, so why change? Or maybe, they don't care if one of the children finds the truth, because they are confident it will be impossible to escape anyway. There can be multiple reasons so I don't get why the monsters can't make mistakes or be confident about the situation.
Jan 17, 2019 7:25 PM
Aug 2018
Am I the only one thinking this resembles Made In Abyss?
Childs as protagonists, a strange "society", Super energetic Main Character and some really dark tones.
Emma is like the Alter Ego of Riko, and If you Exchange Reg's powers to brain power you can easily reach Norman(I hope he doesn't faint out when things get rough).
Ray kinda resembles that over protective kid in MIA, who didn't want them to go down the Abyss.
I enjoyed MIA so if the show keeps up with the good work and nicely done atmosphere it will surely have a wonderful result.
The Alien/Demon stuff was the only big downside for me(Almost made me drop )
Jan 17, 2019 7:27 PM
Jan 2019
The second ep was better than the first for me. The mindgames are picking up, the character interaction between the top 3 is solid. We even get a rather delicious mental confrontation with Mama.

There are still a couple of really weird transitions (How in the world collapsing at the bottom of the stairs is fine when Mom is on top? Why did Emma suddenly leave he conversation to go look at the wall?) and in general these kids are not behaving like kids, but these are more like general flaws of anime as a genre and not something a specific show can be blamed for.

haoody said:
That's way more ridiculous than my question, lol. Read it again. Do you really think that I questioned the chances of a curious kid entering a opened gate? I questioned the odds of everything being build up to make her go to the gate that exact night.
I even changed the final part to see if it helps you.

Which is why the question was ridiculous. In terms of security, you always question the chances of a curious kid entering an opened gate, regardless of the way the stars align.
Congratulations on successfully improving a pointless question :D

You complain about one of the lowest levels of security that could be implanted there. The demons literally don't give a fuck if one or two childrens get in the gate because it's completely impossible to escape by that way. And yes, they have more security, not only metal bars with the weight of a leg

All of which we learned in ep.2. But in ep.1, given what we learned in ep.1, the whole thing was still ridiculous and jarring for me.

Look, ep.1 was bad. Bad enough not to immediately sell me on the the show. Deal with it. Ep.2 is better. If it keeps getting better, then ep.1 being bad ultimately won't matter.

Gorsch said:
Why they have to be perfect securing that place though? Maybe, there was supposed to be someone guarding the gate, but this time for whatever reason it didn't come and they just felt to proceed anyway because it has never happened someting like that, or simply it has always worked that way, so why change? Or maybe, they don't care if one of the children finds the truth, because they are confident it will be impossible to escape anyway. There can be multiple reasons so I don't get why the monsters can't make mistakes or be confident about the situation.

Please remember that the context for the whole discussion is my personal suspension of disbelief. I have worked with security enough to see this situation, as presented in ep.1, as nothing but a glaring flaw and sheer incompetence.

In ep.2 we get some more context, so now i'm inclined to agree with your explanation. This is still a glaring flaw and sheer incompetence, but the bigshots of the organization are secure enough in their position to not give a damn about the minute details of security of this specific place. But that doesn't retroactively redeem ep.1. There are numerous ways in which they could hint to that context in ep.1 and they didn't choose to do any of these.
malMaxiJan 17, 2019 7:32 PM
Jan 18, 2019 2:48 AM

Jun 2017
Seriously, what an amazing start!
Jan 18, 2019 5:20 AM

Mar 2017
very creepy, i dig it

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 19, 2019 3:36 AM

May 2018
well, "to serve man" indeed.
Nice first ep!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 19, 2019 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
A very good start. Loved it. Loving the OP.

And Poor Conny.

Jan 19, 2019 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode, already liking the atmosphere of this show. Also good op, I just noticed this season has a strong op contenders.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Jan 19, 2019 8:58 AM
Mar 2016
can anyone tell me how brain is involved with the grading system ??
Jan 20, 2019 5:53 AM

Apr 2010
HAHA I knew they were going to eat those lovely children as soon as they said that no one ever wrote them a letter.

But Aliens, seriously? THat's a big turn off... meh
Jan 20, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2017
Wow this was a fantastic first episode! I loved everything about it. All the kids seem like enjoyable enough characters. I think I like Emma the most. The animation and atmosphere is stunning, and the complete shift in tone was so incredibly well done. I’m usually never creeped out by anime, but this first episode actually got to me. Those monsters are horrifying lol. I also loved that creepy cliffhanger at the end where Mama finds the bunny the kids left behind. What a scary expression she had.
Jan 21, 2019 12:01 AM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
I still don't get it, what's so hard in understanding that they don't need to have a gate security because in the other side of the gate there's only demons awaiting for any curious kid? I thought that was obvious with the first episode ending.

It's exactly like putting security in a trap, lol.

It wasn't obvious, though?

Or are you saying i am supposed to automatically assume any random anime setting always has reasons for all of its apparent holes? That's not how it works. The way it works is that i have disbelief that needs to be suspended and ep.1 did nothing to suspend it, which is why it sucked.

Ep.2 sorta made up for it, but that doesn't make Ep.1 retroactively better.
Jan 21, 2019 2:01 AM

Mar 2012
So humans are livestock farmed for meat and the outside world has monsters, pretty interesting premise.
Jan 21, 2019 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
i never saw it coming. poor connie never had a chance.
Jan 21, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2018
Looks really promising :D
Jan 21, 2019 8:07 AM

Sep 2017
The atmosphere is absolutely amazing. I'm so into it.
Jan 21, 2019 10:27 PM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
I'm saying that you should imagine that if there's monsters in the other side, wouldn't be a good ideia entering the gate, something that was shown in the first episode, what do you have to suppose here?

Why the monsters are there? If they are THERE, why they are not HERE? What keeps them out there and why haven't they already eaten all the kids? I mean they are damn MONSTERS. Are they suddenly gratification-delaying civilized monsters? Also, why is maid not worried at all about the security of her apparently precious produce? And why are the monsters eating the kids, but not the maid?

Oh, and before you begin answering, i already know all the answers more or less. However, the reason i know them is not because episode 1 sold me on these answers, but because of our discussion and episode 2. Episode 1 chose to have a jump scare instead of proper foreshadowing and payoff, which is why it sucked.

Furthermore, none of these are even real questions. Stories that pose questions like these are dime a dozen, most of them are bs. The real question in ep.1 is "does this story clear the Sturgeon's threshold of 80% of everything is bs"?

In ep.1, the story didn't clear this threshold.
Jan 21, 2019 10:28 PM

Nov 2017
This is shaping up to be such a promising adaption. They nailed the atmosphere and the character animation. That demon reveal was chilling. I'm so excited to see where they take this.
Jan 22, 2019 1:35 AM
Jul 2015
LOL I thought the orange color hair girl is a boy
Jan 22, 2019 3:03 AM

Jun 2009
Some of the ugliest character designs I've ever seen but...seems interesting.
Jan 22, 2019 2:04 PM

Jan 2019
After the first episode this anime get good scores. But if it will be just like the manga, then nothing but huge disappointment will follow. The show has no originality at all, but it couldn't be a problem if the plot twists and timings and the dialouges are good, but they are not! Plot twists are easily predictable, also copied from another manga. Dialouges are childish and repetitive, in the manga they reposting one thing 10 times for eachother, they are gold fishes with 5 sec short memory system or what?

If this is it, then my score is 1/10 = the biggest disappointment ever. :(
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Jan 22, 2019 11:03 PM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
Lmao, everything that you complained here, was answered in the FIRST episode. You just had to connect the points. Like you said, these questions really aren't real questions.

No show is not entitled to me spending the effort to connect its points because its writers are bs slackers. Before i start connecting the points for the show's benefit, the show has to sell me on being worth it.
It didn't do it in ep.1 and it still didn't do it even in ep.2. Depends on how bad ep.3 goes, i might just drop it. @Momentay in the post just above seems to agree.
Jan 23, 2019 12:34 AM

Jul 2015
great start. im curious to see how they get the hell outta there
Jan 23, 2019 3:05 AM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
Everything that you complained here could've been easily answered if you just spended the effort into connecting the points. So what's the point in calling the writers slackers?

The guy above is a SnKfag and obviously is going to complain about TPN copying SnK plot, even if some of the biggest plot twists of SnK are ripped off of Claymore, so whatever.

Everything everywhere is easily answered if you spend the effort correcting the points. The point is not that it is answerable. The point is that it didn't do enough to make it wortwhile.

I don't even know what an SnKfag is. Is that supposed to be an insult?
Also i generally don't care if one show is similar to the other, as long as it is good. This show isn't good.
Jan 23, 2019 3:40 AM

Jan 2019
haoody said:
malMaxi said:
No show is not entitled to me spending the effort to connect its points because its writers are bs slackers. Before i start connecting the points for the show's benefit, the show has to sell me on being worth it.
It didn't do it in ep.1 and it still didn't do it even in ep.2. Depends on how bad ep.3 goes, i might just drop it. @Momentay in the post just above seems to agree.

Everything that you complained here could've been easily answered if you just spended the effort into connecting the points. So what's the point in calling the writers slackers?

The guy above is a SnKfag and obviously is going to complain about TPN copying SnK plot, even if some of the biggest plot twists of SnK are ripped off of Claymore, so whatever.

Thanks for being an insulter. That tells something from you not from me. And yes SnK is my #1. Do you have problems with it? Maybe SnK did the same plot twist as Claymore (i don't know where...). But this anime copying a lot from SnK. The basic situation, the monsters eats humans, the guy who leads them from the shadows has a symbol of an owl... etc. So if i'm an SnKfag... what fag are you? Tell me your #1 anime and i just put the fag after it, that's how it works right? You complaining on me meanwhile you realized what this anime and ofc it's manga did... So what's the point mr. SnKhater? :)
Jan 23, 2019 4:46 AM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
Looks like this is going to enter in a loop of replys. So, If possible, I would like to know what do you think that makes something worthwhile of spending your time thinking about it.

Isn't a insult, I'm just saying that he's an extreme fan of Shingeki no Kyojin

The honest answer is: hard to quantify. The show needs to resonate on some personal level. A good show simply doesn't get to the point where i start asking questions like that.

If one were to point out some objective things that a show can do to work better for someone like me, that would be foreshadowing and proper establishment of stakes of the conflict for actual characters. And it has to be in a show don't tell kind of style.

Consider something like Madoka Magica (which is good). It is dissimilar in many ways, of course, but it is also similar in that it is has a signficant reveal that puts the protagonists in the position of fighting against something much bigger than they are.

If we were talking about a show that managhes to pull off the reveal in a single episode, then a good example is Psycho-Pass, where the show manages to condense things first by making the basic premise of the first episode to be a cop operation in the slums under the rain (which kind of sells the failure of the system by itself), and also by making the reveal of the system's flaws also be the big character establishing moment for the heroine and a good chunk of the main cast.

If we are talking a show that manages to pull the same thing off while hiding its hand better early on, then the thing that comes to mind is the zombie apocalypse show (the name of which currently escapes me) that spends most of its first episode being the happy high school life, until we learn that the whole thing is an illusion that is deliberately maintained by the supporting cast for the sake of the heroine, who has already gone mad from the horror of it all.

Contrast that with what we see in Neverland. We don't really get to know the characters, beyond the superficial "he is good at X". The importance of the orphanage or the kids in it isn't really established, either (so when in ep.2 they refuse to run without everyone, this seems more like self-righteous white-knighting than genuine attachment). The villain is never shown to have any actual care for the kids beyond just being all smiley and proper, so the impact of her going Stepford is that much less. The importance of the orphanage for the kids is kind of taken for granted as well. As a result, the entire thing feels stale before it even begins.
Jan 23, 2019 4:48 AM

Jan 2019
haoody said:
Momentay said:
Thanks for being an insulter. That tells something from you not from me. And yes SnK is my #1. Do you have problems with it? Maybe SnK did the same plot twist as Claymore (i don't know where...). But this anime copying a lot from SnK. The basic situation, the monsters eats humans, the guy who leads them from the shadows has a symbol of an owl... etc. So if i'm an SnKfag... what fag are you? Tell me your #1 anime and i just put the fag after it, that's how it works right? You complaining on me meanwhile you realized what this anime and ofc it's manga did... So what's the point mr. SnKhater? :)

That what I was talking about. You're an extreme fan of SnK, just because I made little of it, you already call me a SnKhater and make this tumult. And I've said above that this wasn't an insult. My #1 is Haibane Renmei. but I'm not going to extremes to protect him like you.
haoody said:
Isn't a insult, I'm just saying that he's an extreme fan of Shingeki no Kyojin.

I'm going to write about Claymore in spoiler.

If you hate so much TPN for copying SnK, I have bad news for you.

So you totaly missed the point, when i said no originality isn't a problem? :D That is realy hard today to create something 100 % original, the problem is how the manga/anime do it. I never said SnK is the most original thing i've ever seen but what it does with the sources is good for me. And why is that a problem if i love the whole thing? Why have to degrading me for it?
Btw i saw some episode of Claymore. But in Snk this plot twist was always in the air because of the 100 years memory wash and obviously the Titans had to come from somewhere else. It wasn't a real plot twist for the readers but for the characters.
MomentayJan 23, 2019 4:57 AM
Jan 23, 2019 6:32 AM

Jan 2019
haoody said:
Momentay said:
Why have to degrading me for it?

I said that I wasn't trying to insult you two times and even quoted it again to make sure.

So you totaly missed the point

From the start I told you about Claymore, you asked what did it copy and I told you what. While you call Neverland a copy for having man-eating monsters and... walls(?), I replied you just to say that Shingeki copied the ENTIRE PLOT of Claymore. That's it.
But if you want to continue with this, just if you want, I would be interested if you talk more about this:
Momentay said:
Plot twists are easily predictable, also copied from another manga.

Are you still using SnK as a reference? If yes, what plots?

malMaxi said:
The honest answer is: hard to quantify.

That was really big but also really explanatory.
The character that is sacrificed for the sake of the big scary reveal is at that point a character whose importance for the main cast was well established in the actual events of the story.

This part in especific is something that really attacks Neverland. They tried to compress things that needed 3 episodes in Madoka, in only one episode, and that's what happened: rushed, low developed and 0 feelings towards the characters i still love Mami. But even that part in the manga is rushed like this, and they'll have to rush even more to adapt the whole arc in 13 episodes, so we'll finish it and forget like one of these random seasonal animes, or they are going to do a miracle like the escape of the truck in the first episode and do a job that even you would like.
100% sure that you're talking about High School of The Dead and i couldn't agree more, the way that they introduce us into the scenario is really cool, we (spectator) know about the zombies and the terror that's happening in the city, but in the MC point of view looks like a normal day until everything comes to him.
And Psycho-Pass is in my Plan to Watch, so I'm going to give it a try later to see how it is different of Neverland's first episode.

I don't realy want to continue, i think that was clear why i'm disappointed with this series, but once again: it could be so much more than what we've got! Just like Naruto: Shipuuden, Fairy tail etc. And what u've said was degrading because you mark me as a fag give the feeling my opinion doesn't matter i'm just a bandwagon traveler etc. But for some reason more ppl liked the AoT version of that plot not the original. Btw i liked Psycho-pass so i know my opinion is a pos, but i can recommand it too. In China it was baned because they are installing a system in their cities similar to what we see in the anime...
MomentayJan 23, 2019 6:41 AM
Jan 23, 2019 10:48 PM
Jan 2019
haoody said:
This part in especific is something that really attacks Neverland. They tried to compress things that needed 3 episodes in Madoka, in only one episode, and that's what happened: rushed, low developed and 0 feelings towards the characters i still love Mami. But even that part in the manga is rushed like this, and they'll have to rush even more to adapt the whole arc in 13 episodes, so we'll finish it and forget like one of these random seasonal animes, or they are going to do a miracle like the escape of the truck in the first episode and do a job that even you would like.
100% sure that you're talking about High School of The Dead and i couldn't agree more, the way that they introduce us into the scenario is really cool, we (spectator) know about the zombies and the terror that's happening in the city, but in the MC point of view looks like a normal day until everything comes to him.
And Psycho-Pass is in my Plan to Watch, so I'm going to give it a try later to see how it is different of Neverland's first episode.

Glad i managed to explain myself well enough :D

Well, the reason i keep watching seasonal animes is because miracle good shows do actually happen and you never know which one is actually going to be one (though it is usually clear after 1-3 eps).

Early arks of high School fo the Dead are pretty good, too. It kinda devolves into ecchi violence theater later on (though a very well executed one).
That was not the show i was thinking about, though. I'll find the show and post it here later.

Psycho Pass is not a great direct comparison, becauser you never really supposed to get the feeling that the main cast is safe before the reveal of the big danger. However, the way they establish the big danger in ep.1 is still pretty great.
malMaxiJan 23, 2019 11:01 PM
Jan 23, 2019 11:52 PM

Mar 2017
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GOOD!

OP and ED animations were also fantastic, but the songs were good at best.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jan 24, 2019 3:06 AM

Jul 2012
Just wow. This pilot episode was the best pilot I've seen since Attack on Titan's.
Jan 24, 2019 4:41 AM

Jun 2015
Eren, Mikasa, and Armin.

Wow that's some early plot twist. This show hit me.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 24, 2019 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
The manga is much better. Dropped.
:3
Jan 25, 2019 10:56 PM

Apr 2012
I don't read manga; all it does is ruin my enjoyment and appreciation of anime. Reading every manga readers opinion about an anime strengthens that.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 27, 2019 9:03 PM

Oct 2016
The first episode already has my wanting more. Horror nowadays needs more things that can actually be scary. It's not anime but watching YouTube videos, Shed 17 and Project G-1, parodies on Thomas the Tank Engine, really took me off the edge of my seat. I hope this anime does the same.
Jan 30, 2019 9:41 AM

May 2016
Pretty much the entirety of Chapter 1 was adapted into this episode.

The soundtrack and visuals were amazing. The way they handled the twist was also really good. Great first episode.

I heard rumors that this anime was pretty generic, but after seeing it now I can change my mind. It's a survive genre imo. Can't wait to see more of it.

Those demons look pretty nasty.
Jan 31, 2019 10:04 PM

Mar 2012
The_Cube5671 said:

(And obviously a twist was coming but I call bullshit on anyone able to predict that the kids in an orphanage were being fed to a demon race. Like, I had the prediction of government program with all the tests and stuff, and a few others had organ harvesting in mind... IDK how you could possibly predict Demon eating kids? W/o reading the synopsis ofc)

Eh, it's a pretty common plot. Just the barest element of the synopsis "orphanage where everyone is adopted at 12" clearly means that they're being killed, sold, or something else. Then the key visual shows them on a plate with a knife and fork. It's really hard to be more obvious that that.

Yet they are. The knife and fork are arranged like the hands of a clock with clocks and calendars figuring prominently into everything. The episode title is also clearly a date, something that is shown immediately. This establishes a theme of "counting down" and "running out of time". The numbers on their necks also give off the idea that they're being tracked while looking suspiciously like dates. Then you have the just straightforward foreshadowing, like when one of the kids if playing around with "I'm gonna eat you!"... Yeah. They pretty much bludgeon you over the head with it.

I didn't know anything else before watching the first episode. Just that brief synopsis of and the one visual at the top of the page, but that was all was needed to tell what the plot was going to be.

Maybe it's less obvious if you're younger and haven't had the chance to consume as much media, so you don't recognize the signs.

I will agree that it wasn't as clear exactly who was eating them. I would have preferred them being sold to other humans (either in a post-apocalyptic setting or just because future society has decided to embrace eating kids), but doubted it due to the intended age range. They usually don't want to go with a plot that dark and instead use non-human monsters. Still, it could have been for money or because they need to use children as a sacrifice to powerful beings of some sort (again, a common horror plot). But that's really the only key detail missing.
Feb 1, 2019 9:14 PM

Mar 2014
I knew there was gonna be a horrible twist somewhere with that "Horror" tag, but the longer they dragged out how happy the kids were the harder it was to finally see Conny's fate.

I'm guessing that flower they put in her grows off of their "innocence" or something. The world outside is still a dark question mark, wonder how long it'll take for us to see it
Feb 2, 2019 10:32 PM

May 2009
Kids in this manga use guns so no chance for Jump Force.
Feb 8, 2019 8:08 AM
Aug 2018
What the fuck, I kind of expected it to happen but poor Conny
Feb 8, 2019 8:30 AM
Feb 2019
I'm a little late but, the first episode was amazing! I never thought there would be monsters.
Feb 13, 2019 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit am I glad I watched this. I thought I'd hate it due to all the kids. Hype
Feb 14, 2019 10:46 PM

Apr 2015
- I'm not well versed in this kind of fiction- the most I can think of right now is Never Let Me Go, aka I don't know anything. Thing is, you can think of a lot of shows that give off a similar vibe in anime/manga alone, so despite my ignorance I can see that this isn't the most original show- so, execution would be key. So far so good.

- Camera work! Loved it! THAT was creative.

- Marei's acting was hyped a lot but I'm not entirely impressed. She's doing a listenable set of boy acting, which is more that I can usually say about her acting. However if you ignore the fact that it's Marei it's just about ok, and I can see some cracks in certain lines that give away that it's a girl voicing him. Of course she may get better...

- Sumire though, yes she's amazing.

- A-1/CW are always...good. Not great. Here too...good. Not great.

- Halfway convinced with the characters. I would like to see some more characterization of them though. Some more dimensions.
Feb 22, 2019 7:23 PM
Mar 2018
The art direction for this show is very good!
The soundtrack is also notably impressive. Looks like a promising show.
Feb 28, 2019 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
OK, I wanted to like the first episode, but there are some plot holes (or should I better said, ''plot conveniences'') and unanswered questions that still bugs me, and prevents me from watching the whole series:

Those plot holes existed in the manga too, or the manga did answer the questions?
Feb 28, 2019 2:09 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad. They are rushing a bit compared to manga but it was still very enjoyable and true to the original. I would say good adaptation so far.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

568 by CryzzYT »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.