Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2018 12:56 PM
Jan 2016
The series was somewhat interesting but I'm worried about the future of Richemont, I will wait until this ends to check if there is rape or torture involved (Of course to never watch it). If there is any kind soul that could help me with it in 3 months ;)
DeepEyes7Oct 8, 2018 1:03 PM
Ok, I will take it, I know that I shouldn't but I will take it, but my sacrifice will be harder than yours, harder than all of yours... I will shed blood for an stupid thing and I'm pretty sure that it will be all for nothing. I will live in hell for some time, so... if you can... please help me....
Oct 8, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2014
Well, I liked it (which is not strange because I like this kind of shows lol), the story seems interesting? and of course the most important thing, I really liked the girls, especially Richemont, which leads to my biggest concern and is "that" image of her in the opening/ending. Please anime, don't make a NTR shit with her.......I enjoyed your first episode, don't make me want to drop you >.<*
SkyLETVOct 8, 2018 1:58 PM
Oct 8, 2018 4:33 PM
Jan 2015
NTR is shit
who making NTR is shit
Oct 8, 2018 5:02 PM
Sep 2012
I'll give it a few episodes before judging the series, but it does not look promising so far.
Oct 8, 2018 8:29 PM

Dec 2011
I guess we can know what happen to Richemont in all those 7 years... Even the opening song hinted what she have been through eh, hmmm what is the best way to start an anime other than NTR by letting your one of your harem get kidnapped and raped for 7 years.

Also wtf there is a lot of whiners about historical inaccuracies? This is an ANIME WITH MAGIC AND FANTASY SETTING FFS. Get that in your head for the love of god, it was never intended to be historical accurate. Also the animation is quite decent, way better than Goblin Slayer and overlord
amc9988Oct 8, 2018 8:35 PM
Oct 8, 2018 10:02 PM

Apr 2016
As expected, it was nothing great as a first episode.
Story is eh?
But at least they have some cute-looking girls, so I don't mind at all even if this story will turn out to be really bad at the end.

I was kinda waiting to see the girl in the cover art (Jeanne) but unfortunately she will appear next episode.
Oct 8, 2018 11:05 PM
Oct 2018
richemont is my fav heroine so far...its seems that grandcrest shit all over again..thats nice way to spoil that shit using opening credits/ending ffs....
Oct 8, 2018 11:48 PM

Mar 2009
Huh. This may be even worse than that space fishing anime. Impressive.
But is this worth watching for the boobs? That's the question.
Oct 9, 2018 12:27 AM

Aug 2017
Animefan2k14 said:
FzBlade said:
I think Ill have to drop this after 1 episode...
THis looks like it will be able to compete with Blesser of Harem bullshit for worst anime of the year!
tf u got problems if ur just gonna drop an anime after one single episode it just doesnt work that way

Oh I sure as hell can. The animations are just straight up bad. All the girls in this show are as generic as they can get and the main character is close to as retarded as Kirito. I dont see how this could get good in any way without taking a 180 in both production value and story writing
Oct 9, 2018 12:49 AM
Feb 2017
I've gotta say. The worst thing about this first episode surprisingly is the editing.

Either scenes last way too long or get cut short that it gets confusing to follow.

And what in the bloody heck happened in 7 years? It's like time moved in real time for the audience as it did for Montmerency. His reaction made it seem like he was so fixated on that stone that he totally forgot it's been 7 bloody years. I'm sure he had to take breaks in between. Oh well, moving on I guess.

So in the next episode, 7 years later... ^_^
Oct 9, 2018 1:31 AM
Mar 2018
I wonder how many children did that knight girl give birth during the last 7 years? Well this is anime so girl can't get pregnant even if she has been raped for 7 years xD
Oct 9, 2018 2:25 AM

Jul 2015
The story was full BS but premise was fine i guess.

If this was an OVA or EP 0 its would have made much more sense, wasn't that welcoming for the 1th episode.

will give it 1 more episode to decide.
Oct 9, 2018 3:02 AM

Oct 2008
Wait!...did I just heard Templar Knights!? so we are going Assassin's Creed already? lolz.
Did that last part suddenly went from a 7 year time skip!?
3/5.

Oct 9, 2018 3:20 AM
May 2017
Titadou said:
Seven years ? what a dumb transition just to surprise people
Nobody's came here ? He didn't remember sleeping / eating ?

Come on you can do better seriously...

The girls names made me laugh too

SNDT said:
Let me guess. They captured her and have been raping her 7 years and now MC is going to save her.

Original content.
You forget part 2

Well probably ahaha... of course she's a warrior right ?
This show came from average to stupidly bad quickly

About picture 2- it is Mc and Richemont.
Oct 9, 2018 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
AWall said:
Titadou said:
Seven years ? what a dumb transition just to surprise people
Nobody's came here ? He didn't remember sleeping / eating ?

Come on you can do better seriously...

The girls names made me laugh too

You forget part 2

Well probably ahaha... of course she's a warrior right ?
This show came from average to stupidly bad quickly

About picture 2- it is Mc and Richemont.

Well yes I know, you got it wrong : it's to say that he will indeed save her ass like the damsel in distress she is, from the glasses dude.

It smells the NTR so badly that this show can't be good.

The better knight, became a sex slave just to be saved by the alchemist who was last in battle classes while she was first. He did literally nothing for seven years but he's immortal now so

And we still don't have see the "real" MC girl, Jeanne. I'm scared.
Oct 9, 2018 3:51 AM
Mar 2017
I won't continue watching this.

I know, I know. So lame, right? After one ep, I'm just gonna drop it?

FYI, it's my first time to drop an anime because of one ep. And I'm not really picky. Tbh, it surprised me how after the credits were shown, I was like "Yep. Not gonna watch anymore."

I didn't mind the editing, historical inaccuracies, nor the confusing plot. Again, I'm not picky. But what made me drop it?

Oh, look. Another possibly harem series with a (so far) boring MC. Surprisingly, this isn't the reason why I dropped it.

The reason why I did is because of what they did in the credits and the preview. I was really worried about Richemont and the other characters. Heck, I was even ready to pick my ship (which is RichemontxMC)! And the anime was like "Voila~ These are the things that happened during the 7 year time skip!". Richemont was implied to be raped for seven years and hey look, a cute loli. MC meets loli and... wait, what? They kissed?! Oh wow. The will they-won't they factor of this anime immediately went down the drain.

What's the point of showing moments of the MC with the other girls in his harem if, in the end, they're going to show who the MC will choose? Oh and why will they show it when IT'S STILL EPISODE 1?! (Caps lock for emphasis) (sighs)

You may say I'm salty or call me other names but that's what I really think. Hence why for the first time in my life, I decided to drop an anime after one episode.

I'll pick it up again in case I heard good feedbacks in the future but for now? Nuh-uh.

I just wish the credits and preview didn't have a lot of spoilers.
PurpleRose328Oct 9, 2018 4:10 AM
Oct 9, 2018 3:57 AM

Mar 2010
PurpleRose328 said:
I won't continue watching this.

I know, I know. So lame, right? After one ep, I'm just gonna drop it?

FYI, it's my first time to drop an anime because of one ep. And I'm not really picky. Tbh, it surprised me how after the credits were shown, I was like "Yep. Not gonna watch anymore."

I didn't mind the editing, historical inaccuracies, nor the confusing plot. Again, I'm not picky. But what made me drop it?

Oh, look. Another possibly harem series with a (so far) boring MC. Surprisingly, this isn't the reason why I dropped it.

The reason why I did is because of what they did in the credits. I was really worried about Richemont and the other characters. Heck, I was even ready to pick my ship (which is RichemontxMC)! And the anime was like "Voila~ These are the things that happened during the 7 year time skip!". Richemont was implied to be raped for seven years and hey look, a cute loli. MC meets loli and... wait, what? They kissed?! Oh wow. The will they-won't they factor of this anime immediately went down the drain.

What's the point of showing moments of the MC with the other girls in his harem if in the end, they're going to show who the MC will choose? Oh and why will they show it when IT'S STILL EPISODE 1?! (Caps lock for emphasis) (sighs)

You may say I'm salty or call me other names but that's what I really think. Hence why for the first time in my life, I decided to drop an anime after one episode.

I'll pick it up again in case I heard good feedbacks in the future but for now? Nuh-uh.

I just wish the credits didn't have a lot of spoilers.

Japs like their NTR so what can we do
Oct 9, 2018 4:47 AM
May 2017
Titadou said:

Well yes I know, you got it wrong : it's to say that he will indeed save her ass like the damsel in distress she is, from the glasses dude.

The better knight, became a sex slave just to be saved by the alchemist who was last in battle classes while she was first. He did literally nothing for seven years but he's immortal now so

Ok. I understand your point.
But NTR, sex slave? I think people are overreacting a bit. She is (Richemont) strong warrior and important political figure, not a village girl you can rape or torture whenever you want.

I hope her personality will not be changed because of „reasons". But on the other hand creators probably want people to ship MC with loli girl.
Oct 9, 2018 4:48 AM
Sep 2016
This made me want to rip my hair out
Think I 'm done
1.1.Six
Oct 9, 2018 5:55 AM
Mar 2018
AWall said:
Titadou said:

Ok. I understand your point.
But NTR, sex slave? I think people are overreacting a bit. She is (Richemont) strong warrior and important political figure, not a village girl you can rape or torture whenever you want.

I hope her personality will not be changed because of „reasons". But on the other hand creators probably want people to ship MC with loli girl.

It's a war. She killed a lot of people there and was captured by enemy's king. There is no problem for king or his brother to rape her. What's so important about her? She is not like some kind of princess.
Oct 9, 2018 8:54 AM
May 2015
I'll give it one or 2 more eps because I HATE when a random new girl comes in and becomes the love interest over previous established characters....
Oct 9, 2018 11:02 AM

Apr 2011
So no one's gonna mention this gem of a line: "This war's been going for 80 years now. In the future, historians are gonna call it the hundred year war"....... the fuck do you know, you time-traveling old coot?
Oct 9, 2018 11:02 AM
Mar 2018
Add fuel to the fire, guys. LN pictures

it's a gangbang

Oct 9, 2018 1:44 PM
Jan 2016
SNDT said:

it's a gangbang

What the hell is wrong with japs? Why do they love to rape and torture women? First Goblin Slayer and now this? =(
Ok, I will take it, I know that I shouldn't but I will take it, but my sacrifice will be harder than yours, harder than all of yours... I will shed blood for an stupid thing and I'm pretty sure that it will be all for nothing. I will live in hell for some time, so... if you can... please help me....
Oct 9, 2018 6:12 PM

Jan 2016
for people thinking dropping this. Please drop now rather than shitposting in new episodes thread.
Less people= better and fun discussion

Oct 9, 2018 8:07 PM
Nov 2014
FzBlade said:
Animefan2k14 said:
tf u got problems if ur just gonna drop an anime after one single episode it just doesnt work that way

Oh I sure as hell can. The animations are just straight up bad. All the girls in this show are as generic as they can get and the main character is close to as retarded as Kirito. I dont see how this could get good in any way without taking a 180 in both production value and story writing
oh hell no u did not just say that u r so right -_- i actually hate to admit i, but everything u said is correct. The animation is not that bad compared to other series but the characters r shit honestly i was looking forward to this anime! :,,,,,(
Oct 9, 2018 8:59 PM
Mar 2018
SNDT said:

it's a gangbang

my kokoro can handle the rapes on goblyn slayer because thats the first thing that they tell you that goblins are rappist :v and they avoid touch the MC girl

But here they make me like the Richemont and then she got taken by the enemy and maybe rape, maybe mindfuck :'v for 7 years and the on ed you see that scene :'v
Oct 9, 2018 10:46 PM
Mar 2018
DeepEyes7 said:
SNDT said:

it's a gangbang

What the hell is wrong with japs? Why do they love to rape and torture women? First Goblin Slayer and now this? =(

Because for a shitty writer, who is writing another harem trash with generic trope "Damsel in Distress" as a main impetus for MC's action, it's the easiest way to attract attention. Sex sells, you know.
Oct 10, 2018 1:42 AM

Apr 2011
Sheesh, mate. Just drop it and forget it exists. @SNDT
Oct 10, 2018 2:17 AM
Mar 2018
Sheesh, mate, why would i do that? I'm going to enjoy making fun of this trash until the end.
Oct 10, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2012
@VisualCaro This season seems to be rich in anime inspired by a foreign culture, such as "Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!", where the main little girl has a diminutive version of the male name Michael, lol.

I do not know whether to be happy or not, that the Japanese are not interested in the history of medieval Russia or biblical israel.

Oct 10, 2018 1:50 PM

Oct 2017
great waifu material
Oct 10, 2018 2:14 PM
Oct 2014
DeepEyes7 said:
SNDT said:

it's a gangbang

You're very young, ain't you.
Oct 10, 2018 3:00 PM
Jan 2016
Adome said:
DeepEyes7 said:

Sadly no.

But even after all this time and all the things that I've seen I still haven't lost my capacity to be perturbed with this kind of things u_u.
Oct 10, 2018 3:03 PM
Mar 2018
DeepEyes7 said:
Adome said:

Sadly no.

But even after all this time and all the things that I've seen I still haven't lost my capacity to be perturbed with this kind of things u_u.

relax dude, there is still a high probability that she wasn't rape after all.
Oct 10, 2018 7:51 PM

Mar 2015
Anamartesie said:
I have looked through the first episode and I can't stomach the artistic liberties taken.

A massive library with barely any security and an old scholar throwing a book to a child? That's preposterous for a time period where Gutenberg had yet to invent a printing press.

Modern style school with both boys and girls attending, and some girls are wielding swords too? In the early XVth century? ... Right. And they couldn't even mention the succession crisis in the infodump.

I can understand fanservice though I'm not a fan, but please Charlotte, don't dress like a harlot when you want to do sneaky adventures in the middle of the night.

And it's way too soon to hope for Haussmann to renovate the streets.

And the Japanese tradition of using some unstranslated name/word to describe the MC/Chosen One could have been handled way better since they picked Ulysse this time, the quintessential trickster.

Fairies are tolerable at least in this paradigm. Astaroth though isn't supposed to be a fairy, but an Ars Goetia demon, and male.

And now I'm scared of actually what they chose to do with Jeanne.

I wouldn't actually bother making this kind of rant had they inspired their story elsewhere, but I happen to be French. So I find it painful to see such a melting pot of contradictory ideas.

Moe girls fishing in the space?, CGI girls with powers living together in a house?, A gutless MC who wants to be a writer and is overcome by his sister? What a shit of season.

Well, at least I think this shit worths the 3-episode rule. Although I have no much hope.
Go up, go down, go, come, take, bring, jump, scream, run.
Oct 11, 2018 4:50 AM

Jan 2013
Some day I would capture a young girl with B cup and nourish it by groping into Ei-chan. Then return the girl to her childhood boyfriend. nyahahaha
Oct 11, 2018 4:51 AM

Aug 2017
This show is so rushed that half of the time I didn't know what to think. I feel no connection to any characters, no idea where the story is even heading cause very little was revealed in the first episode.
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Oct 11, 2018 5:00 AM

Aug 2013
SNDT said:

it's a gangbang

Meh, she's more than likely a shitty 2-dimensional Mary Sue type of character anyways. So more than likely the whole "NTR" bait is the only means the writer had a way to weaken her character. Plus tbh, this MC is a total fucking beta like right off the bat. Then again, this is only the first episode.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 11, 2018 5:24 AM

Jul 2015
some info I got about richemont

dont open this u'll regret it
Oct 11, 2018 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
that was pretty stupid
Oct 12, 2018 12:32 PM
Mar 2016
seems like the show is gonna be really good, ain't gonna be historically accurate but im okay with that, this kinds of shows aint bad
Oct 12, 2018 1:44 PM

Nov 2013
7 years? dafuq LOL

anyway, i started this show for Jeanne D'Arc, so i'll at least wait till i see her before i decide if i drop ...
winddevil1Oct 12, 2018 1:48 PM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Oct 12, 2018 4:23 PM
Jul 2014
Hold up, how does the novel for this have an 8.83 rating but this is only at 6.56? Just doesn't add up.
Oct 12, 2018 10:55 PM

Jun 2013
Well.. I thought it was going to be a lot worse. Not saying it was good, but we will see where this leads..
Oct 12, 2018 11:19 PM

Jul 2014
Unleashed_SM said:
Hold up, how does the novel for this have an 8.83 rating but this is only at 6.56? Just doesn't add up.

12 useers vs 2193 users :)
Oct 13, 2018 7:07 AM

Jan 2017
It could seem a good story at first look, but the plot seems to me that soon it will get so confused that in episode 6 you´ll say "what the hell I´m watching??"
Oct 13, 2018 10:46 AM
May 2018
The first episode wasn't very appealing compared to the other action anime airing currently. A lot of story was shown in the first episode but I felt it lacked something. But it's just the first episode. Besides the title heroine wasn't there which was kinda shocking. I hope they'll focus more on alchemy and swords rather than the harem.
Oct 13, 2018 10:40 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but it was boring in some cases.

Still can't believe with the 7 year time skip. It just seems that he fell asleep and woke up 7 years later. I'm glad we are seeing a grown up version of them though.

Kinda tired of being stuck on teenage years.

Will still watch this. I want to see a different Jeanne for sure :)
Oct 14, 2018 2:36 AM

Apr 2018
Was a really good episode to set the mood and theme of the story.

And if you haven't checked the characters list you'll see the characters introduced in the episode are not main characters.

This was mainly an origin story for the Alchemy Knight.

I feel that this anime puts a unique spin on the non isekai fantasy genre of anime.

Hope the series sticks with the magic/alchemy stiche and be just losely based on history.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2018

46 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jun 19, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

74 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jun 18, 12:07 PM

» Low Rating ?????

quirkywolf - Feb 18, 2019

9 by Hanamura_Hina »»
Nov 24, 2020 12:15 AM

» who rated this 10 ?

Satan-sama - Aug 22, 2020

1 by mhkr »»
Aug 22, 2020 1:05 PM

Poll: » Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2018

32 by ClickBaitBuster »»
Jun 7, 2020 1:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.