Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2018 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes, more background storytelling this episode especially with the focus on Montmorency.

Pretty much a development episode in the aftermath of Jeanne's demise. No doubt Montmorency wants revenge too. I smell a big fight coming up so that means a lot more deaths coming, most likely.
Nov 18, 2018 8:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well in showing Mont's past and his relationship with his grandfather. Its good that Jeanne didn't die but a coma's not much better. The condition for borrowing soldiers sure was surprising. Catherine's statement certainly was a bold one but showed just how much she loved Mont. The insight into how Mont and Catherine met was cute as was the way he took on the role of her brother. It was amusing seeing the things the two did when they were little. La Hire's reinforcements that Charlotte sent was a nice surprise. The discussion between the grandfather and Nicolas Flamel was intriguing. Catherine really was an understanding girl sacrificing her happiness for him. One of the best episodes of this season so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2018 8:28 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Jeanne is out due to her heavy injuries. A lot of focus on Montmorency in this episode. Liked his relationship with Catherine.

Nov 18, 2018 8:39 AM
Oct 2018
Yet another rejection from MC because of a fucking loli!!! And why is every single girl here wants to get laid with this MC?? Too many girls loving MC for nothing is such a waste of this plot. If they were to focus only into those two instead of adding all these female MC hungry characters then it could've been much better. And wtf I thought Richemont was having fun with Duke-kun but what a surprise! Guess that may come later on. Anyways since MC loves Jeanne I hope he could at least make her look adult after the revival. I am sick of watching that loli!! And La Hire must become ulysses asap because philip is getting healed and who knows if Richemont really ends up betraying.
Nov 18, 2018 8:41 AM
Oct 2018
OMG! Richemont is safe!! I was so scared to watch but thank god! I hope they keeps her this way please! I hope she stays pure and fight alongside MC.
Nov 18, 2018 9:24 AM
Jun 2015
Good to see that MC is developing. Just waiting to see him in action. Feeling bad for Catherine but they've made it clear that he loves Jeanne. Wonder if Philip will show up again and I am liking the character of Alenson. His character is actually well developed.
Nov 18, 2018 9:41 AM

Jan 2018
Yay Richmond is not in a dungeon

I hope Jeanne and Mont relationship becomes a brother sister one not the other one her character isn't one that looks like child and age is equivalent to The MC or higher she is old as she looks a 10 year old
Eroiemo said:
Anyways since MC loves Jeanne I hope he could at least make her look adult after the revival. I am sick of watching that loli!!

Still she is going to be a child age wise
It won't be right unless it fast forwards 7 or 10 years

It's already WTF with story so I am going to ride it out and vent about it in the episode forum's
Nov 18, 2018 9:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm triggered by the fact that this dude is actually starting to think that he's in love with this 10 year old girl
Nov 18, 2018 10:17 AM
Oct 2018
So he ditches all the adult cow tits for a 12yr old loli????? Forget about all other girls but how could he do this to a character like Catherine?! Not to mention the amount of details they're leaving out on every single episode is just insane... They actually never fails to disappoint me every single time..
Nov 18, 2018 10:40 AM
Oct 2018
zetterest said:
So he ditches all the adult cow tits for a 12yr old loli????? Forget about all other girls but how could he do this to a character like Catherine?! Not to mention the amount of details they're leaving out on every single episode is just insane... They actually never fails to disappoint me every single time..

Got 3 childhood friends with nice body & love him but still pick loli. This is typical-gay-mc. What to expect lol
Nov 18, 2018 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
I literally just want these characters to burn. Except La Hire who is seemingly the only decent character in this show.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 18, 2018 4:20 PM

May 2012
Arugustor said:

You mean it won't be right in late 20th and 21th century ?!

This anime takes place in 14th century. It was perfectly legal and right at that time
Nov 18, 2018 8:19 PM

May 2015
Well we got a fire, just not the one with Jeanne burning in it.

Marry the cousin? Well...it's a cousin! It shouldn't hurt, should it? Cousin marriage is a crime though? So why have the cousins marry each other? Wouldn't France look down on them?

GIVE HER THE BABY! GIVE IT TO HER!

Eww. Gilles' grandfather is a cuck...

And all Catherine had to do was tell a lie...and get cucked in the process...Sad. I wanted more Catherine...

Let's not forget the important lesson this episode. This one is for the ladies!
TarotistNov 18, 2018 8:22 PM
Nov 18, 2018 8:56 PM

Jan 2018
thepath said:
Arugustor said:

This anime takes place in 14th century. It was perfectly legal and right at that time

The anime is not running in 14th century also on your profile you have only watched the first episode and rated it a 9

No I don't wanna do it YOU WIN I had a look at your comment section
Nov 19, 2018 2:10 AM

May 2012
Arugustor said:
thepath said:

The anime is not running in 14th century also on your profile you have only watched the first episode and rated it a 9

No I don't wanna do it YOU WIN I had a look at your comment section

I do not always update my list. I just wait until it finish and put it on complete list

So anime that portrays 14th century era should follow 21th century westren laws because it airs in 21th century so it won't hurt the feeling of some of the people who watch the anime ?!
Nov 19, 2018 3:54 AM
Oct 2018
If they did nothing then what the heck is this? They're definitely leaving out so much details.

Nov 19, 2018 4:35 AM

Mar 2013
Arugustor said:

Hmm... Not in that age: even till about at begin of the 20th century was children not so cognised like nowadays, they was as YOUNG ADULTS known - they was equal to their parent/old adults. There wasn't rare that they already at age of 10< to whom married was, and in age of 15 they already mothers/fathers was.

And to cousin/incest marriage: if you me believe or not, it was the norm at that time. Especially in the noble cast/class was this normal that the princesses to their actual cousins or uncles (even in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade and so further) given was to marriage - mostly out of political/tactical reason of course.
Nov 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Jan 2018
Tenryuu1 said:
Arugustor said:

Hmm... Not in that age: even till about at begin of the 20th century was children not so cognised like nowadays, they was as YOUNG ADULTS known - they was equal to their parent/old adults. There wasn't rare that they already at age of 10< to whom married was, and in age of 15 they already mothers/fathers was.

And to cousin/incest marriage: if you me believe or not, it was the norm at that time. Especially in the noble cast/class was this normal that the princesses to their actual cousins or uncles (even in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade and so further) given was to marriage - mostly out of political/tactical reason of course.

I know all of this I am just having a hard time swallowing this because of story wise and character development wise this anime has disappointed me it starts with Mont as a protective brother then he starts to use her as an asset to fulfill his promise while there are many other option improve his influence for some reason all the girls are like take me Mont and there is all he wanted was to unlock the potential of the stone when Astroath said there is more to be gained from no he doesn't want to do that if you don't want the girl reject her like every other one you did take the power but nope

After all of this and this him saying hmm love her triggered me hoping all of this will be washed away by the fight on the next episode

It's a half assed harem but doesn't want to admit that so pushed in some battle some magic and politics and half the episodes are done it's going Romance route for my love
I really hope I am wrong about this and I am writing all of this for nothing
ArugustorNov 19, 2018 5:34 AM
Nov 19, 2018 6:22 AM

May 2017
Biggest problem of harems, is this freaking beta cuck unable to equally love all of them, who cares about your shitty promise, become a king and marry all of them, everyone's happy, jfc tired of harems like these, should've just make a simple romance show with one girl in it instead of a harem but rejects everyone and make them suffer just to make a single girl, the main girl happy, fuck this shit
Nov 19, 2018 6:45 AM
Mar 2018
They are rushing this shit like crazy. They skipped like ~80% of conversation between MC and Jean. He actually wanted him marry Richemont first but for various reasons he changed his mind.

WTF with that wound? What is she a plastic doll?

Score is 5.9 already.Way to go!
SNDTNov 19, 2018 6:50 AM
Nov 19, 2018 1:00 PM
Oct 2018
SNDT said:
They are rushing this shit like crazy. They skipped like ~80% of conversation between MC and Jean. He actually wanted him marry Richemont first but for various reasons he changed his mind.

What a pathetic loser this MC really is.. Hope Jeanne pushes him towards one of the girls before she dies for real next time. If that happens then Catherine would be my best choice. Charlotte doesn't sounds serious at all. And if something's really going to happen with Richemont again then don't know why but I think she will be captured by the Duke again while everyone's saying she'll go by herself. Doesn't matters what happened in the novel but I hope the anime version gives her a break from all of these shits and puts her into her suitable position and gives enough fight scenes. Also it's kinda unfair while every other girls are safe and she's the only one goes through all the shits. The score is already this low, I hope they won't take the risk of sinking this show completely by adding some crazy shits like any of the girls getting raped or siding with the enemies. So if Richemont manages to keep it up until the end then I would love to see MC getting married to Catherine or Richemont. So far those two really deserves him.
Nov 19, 2018 1:37 PM
Oct 2018
SNDT said:

So they're actually entering the vol.3 of LN starting next episode. I couldn't find anything except for vol.2 raw version. Basically the rest of the episode is going to be filled with stress over Richemont's situation. I am still confused about how are they going to add 2 more volumes within five more episodes but they've already showed that won't be impossible for them which means they'll cut off many of the details from those two volumes. Anyways, since I couldn't find any of the LN vol but I've managed to find these. Check them out.

Nov 19, 2018 2:18 PM
Nov 2018
SNDT said:

So they're actually entering the vol.3 of LN starting next episode. I couldn't find anything except for vol.2 raw version. Basically the rest of the episode is going to be filled with stress over Richemont's situation. I am still confused about how are they going to add 2 more volumes within five more episodes but they've already showed that won't be impossible for them which means they'll cut off many of the details from those two volumes. Anyways, since I couldn't find any of the LN vol but I've managed to find these. Check them out.

Thank you for sharing Sensei.
In my opinion it seems that nothing serious will happen with Richemont, to understand that it will be between the batting fields as the key piece, by the abovementioned summaries it seems that there will be no NTR or rape.

"I hope it does not happen kkkkk, if she stays pure and on the battlefield doing her part, fuck Momo (MC) he does not deserve Richemont herself and pure and shining on the field of battles I already consider happy ending, and change my note for this show for 7 "
Nov 19, 2018 2:30 PM
Oct 2018
vandereich2 said:

Thank you for sharing Sensei.
In my opinion it seems that nothing serious will happen with Richemont, to understand that it will be between the batting fields as the key piece, by the abovementioned summaries it seems that there will be no NTR or rape.

"I hope it does not happen kkkkk, if she stays pure and on the battlefield doing her part, fuck Momo (MC) he does not deserve Richemont herself and pure and shining on the field of battles I already consider happy ending, and change my note for this show for 7 "

Completely agree with you. After watching this episode what he did to Catherine I've changed my mind as well. He doesn't really deserves any of the girls. But I am just worried about Richemont. Just praying so they keeps her away from those situations and let her play her original role as knight. I'll be so happy if she's the one who gets to kill that Duke.
Nov 19, 2018 8:54 PM
Nov 2018
I hope richemont is daijoubu untill the end and keep her purity safe
My fragile heart cant hold it anymore if she got raped or ntr šŸ˜¢
Nov 20, 2018 12:26 AM
Mar 2018
Clex0 said:

What a pathetic loser this MC really is.

Clex0 said:

I would love to see MC getting married to Catherine or Richemont. So far those two really deserves him.

Something is wrong with your logic xD

mauzu said:

So they're actually entering the vol.3 of LN starting next episode.

No, it's still volume 2. Actually there is enough material for 2 more episodes but maybe they'll just throw away Astaroth, Alenson and trap part of the story.
Nov 20, 2018 3:03 AM

Jul 2017
The real Gilles de Rais did marry Catherine, but he also turned in a serial rapist and killer of children!!!! Although that would after the current events as it started after the real Jeanne d'Arc died:

Gilles de Rais - Wikipedia
Nov 20, 2018 10:06 AM

May 2018
Montmorency you asshole of a lolicon.....you turned down your cousin's proposal for marriage for a loli like Jeanne.
Nov 21, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2008
well, at least Jehanne still commatose with out a heart and the pholosophers stone is the reason that keeps her alive!
oh those cute innocent faries appeared again on the childhood flashback of Catherine...protecc them at all costs!
La Hire going war frenzy again! she's too dark/brown skinned hot babe!
3/5.

Nov 22, 2018 2:46 PM
May 2009
Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc is such a fascinating ahistorical garbage train. I can't avert my eyes. It seems like fanfiction that is super accurate in some regards whenever it suits their power fantasy narrative and atrociously off-beat whenever the impetuous child wants to have their way. The French lessons at the end are all hilarious.
Nov 23, 2018 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
is it just me or the animation suddenly become far better than before, it's watchable now

strangely enjoying this
Jan 1, 2020 7:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Catherine was kinda cute to be honest
Jun 7, 2020 1:16 AM
Aug 2016
The MC is gay, the story is shit, fuck the author.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

114 by august0490 »»
Apr 23, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

73 by Zandervj99 »»
Jan 9, 2023 5:07 AM

Poll: » Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2018

45 by KillerCrocX »»
Mar 14, 2021 10:45 PM

» Low Rating ?????

quirkywolf - Feb 18, 2019

9 by Hanamura_Hina »»
Nov 24, 2020 12:15 AM

» who rated this 10 ?

Satan-sama - Aug 22, 2020

1 by mhkr »»
Aug 22, 2020 1:05 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.