Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Announces Change of Staff Members

New
Apr 28, 2018 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
The Overlap Daikanshasai 2018 event on Sunday revealed a new key visual and new staff members, replacing the ones announced previously for the Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou TV anime. The series has been announced to delay its broadcast to 2019.

Staff
Director: Kinji Yoshimoto (Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai)
Character Design: Chika Kojima (Big Order (TV))
Studio: Asread × White Fox

Source: Comic Natalie
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 28, 2018 10:10 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit. They actually fired the previous staff.
Apr 28, 2018 10:11 PM

Nov 2007
Cast Members: https://twitter.com/OVL_BUNKO/status/990457903332016129
Apr 28, 2018 10:13 PM
Mar 2015
tsubasalover said:

Director: Kinji Yoshimoto (Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai)
Character Design: Chika Kojima (Big Order (TV))

Ugh&its changed for the worse
Apr 28, 2018 10:16 PM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:

what? what happened?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 28, 2018 10:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kuma said:
Z4k said:

what? what happened?
Fans in Japan fucking hated the key visual and producers decided to delay the anime and almost changed the entire staff because of the backlash. (so far it looks like the series composition is still the same)

The author confirmed it but he edited his blogpost since then.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 28, 2018 10:28 PM

Aug 2015
Who replaced by who...?? I don't remember the previous one.. and I don't know who is the new one.. lol XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 28, 2018 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
@Meira_Eve
Previous list (The news with the list is linked, though)
Director: Jun Kamiya
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
Character Design: Atsuo Tobe
Studio: White Fox

Current list
Director: Kinji Yoshimoto
Character Design: Chika Kojima
Apr 28, 2018 10:50 PM

Mar 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Kuma said:

what? what happened?
Fans in Japan fucking hated the key visual and producers decided to delay the anime and almost changed the entire staff because of the backlash. (so far it looks like the series composition is still the same)

lOl, at least, i know what fans expected... visuals..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 28, 2018 10:56 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012

Hello. Could you translate the names of the cast members, please? :) Did they keep the cast from the previous announcement or did they change the cast members?
Apr 28, 2018 10:57 PM

Aug 2015
tsubasalover said:
@Meira_Eve
Previous list (The news with the list is linked, though)
Director: Jun Kamiya
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
Character Design: Atsuo Tobe
Studio: White Fox

Current list
Director: Kinji Yoshimoto
Character Design: Chika Kojima
lol, I didn't notice it was linked. XD
Thanks!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 28, 2018 11:03 PM

Nov 2007
@LunyRed
Cast members are the same, as drama cds (anime casts = drama cd casts) are still going on. I didn't list on the news because the list the same as it was listed on the previously announced news.

Though there is a new cast that added to the 2nd Drama CD bundled in vol.8 released on April 25 that not officially announced for anime cast (yet). I'll list her if interested:

@Meira_Eve
No prob.
tsubasaloverApr 29, 2018 7:54 AM
Apr 28, 2018 11:19 PM
Jan 2018
DatRandomDude said:
Kuma said:

what? what happened?

tbh the previous staff looks promising.
this new staff looks even worst and has me worried even more
dumb fans
Apr 28, 2018 11:21 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
@tsubasalover I see. Cast members are the same. Thanks for the info. :)

Saori Oonishi keeps getting new roles. I'm happy for her. :3
Apr 28, 2018 11:21 PM
Jan 2018
Kuma said:
DatRandomDude said:

the previous were better, the visuals were solid, fans being overly critical it became stupid.
im worried about the new staff
Apr 28, 2018 11:24 PM
Jul 2018
MsVitchDa2nd said:
DatRandomDude said:

dumb fans

The directors (both of them) as far as that's concerned are hit or miss.

The designer seems more apparent and well, better compared to the original since the original designer looked like from the early 2000s or something. I don't mind the previous designs but I won't deny that they looked iffy, especially given how the designs looked pretty eh compared to the LN illustrations too.

It's concerning but yeah.

Apparently the script writer is still the same so there's an up there.
Apr 28, 2018 11:36 PM
Jan 2018
Wasshio said:
MsVitchDa2nd said:

dumb fans

The directors (both of them) as far as that's concerned are hit or miss.

The designer seems more apparent and well, better compared to the original since the original designer looked like from the early 2000s or something. I don't mind the previous designs but I won't deny that they looked iffy, especially given how the designs looked pretty eh compared to the LN illustrations too.

It's concerning but yeah.

Apparently the script writer is still the same so there's an up there.

hopefully series composition does this show justice
Apr 29, 2018 12:11 AM

Jul 2015
Another garbage harem to avoid
Apr 29, 2018 12:28 AM
Apr 2018
tragedydesu said:

Add to watch list and done
Apr 29, 2018 12:29 AM

Jan 2016
The Novel is popular. But I'm not sure with this.
Apr 29, 2018 12:38 AM

Apr 2016
Lets see how many episodes i can withstand.

Detective1412 said:
The Novel is popular. But I'm not sure with this.

Like every Light Novel with this setting LOL.
Apr 29, 2018 1:58 AM
Jul 2015
tragedydesu said:

Yeah.

Arifureta is a Harem-type Isekai anime, same genre as Isekai Smartphone and Death March. MC surrounded by females with no one male friend, and 3 or more females either liking/attracted to the MC or flirting too much with the MC.

However, Kenja no Mago is not a Harem-type Isekai story, as only one girl will like the MC in that story, which is a setting reminiscent of good old fasioned Shounen Manga like DBZ and Yuyu Hakusho, and the rest of the female and male cast of Mago would bless their relationship and none of the other girls would be attracted romantically to the MC nor flirt with the MC, since if they do that, MC's girlfriend will kill them ( LOL not literally ).

Kenja no Mago's MC also has male comrades in his group, with one of them being the most closest and intimate as his best friend with him being the number 1 male character having the most dialogue and interactions with the MC in both the LN and Manga.

CoolitzHubertXVIApr 29, 2018 2:03 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Apr 29, 2018 2:47 AM

May 2012
Another good action/magic/harem anime that I can not avoid
Apr 29, 2018 3:22 AM

Sep 2016
the last teaser image is so bad that they fired everything LMAO
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 29, 2018 4:55 AM

Mar 2010
It's not gonna saved the source material it's based on, but at least it might look decent.
Apr 29, 2018 6:40 AM

Mar 2015
YES!!!! Much better than the previous one, the last visual art is so shitty that I swear that it was a 90s anime (and coming out of White Fox? gotta be kidding me). Though I can't believe that the whole reason they delayed it was because they fired almost everyone due to the visual art (or part of it), though I guess it does give out a very jarring reception considering how bad it was.

Although I heard that the staff list is worse? Could've just fired the art guy instead of almost everyone. But, damn Yue is so cute.

Apr 29, 2018 10:20 AM

Dec 2015
This was the one with the incredibly generic key visual, right? Well, I'm glad they decided to change it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 29, 2018 10:28 AM
Mar 2015
DarklordVor said:
YES!!!! Much better than the previous one, the last visual art is so shitty that I swear that it was a 90s anime (and coming out of White Fox? gotta be kidding me). Though I can't believe that the whole reason they delayed it was because they fired almost everyone due to the visual art (or part of it), though I guess it does give out a very jarring reception considering how bad it was.

Although I heard that the staff list is worse? Could've just fired the art guy instead of almost everyone. But, damn Yue is so cute.

I certainly didn't believe they would fired the director just because a visual,something else must be causing it.

Based on new staff,seem like it would be mostly studio Asread anime with White fox in supporting position on certain part.
Apr 29, 2018 2:52 PM

Mar 2017
I like the new key visual (mostly thought Yue looks adorable in it).
Apr 29, 2018 9:47 PM
Aug 2013
Well

At least fans can get their first interesting anime for 2019

The new art looks appealing.
Apr 30, 2018 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
MsVitchDa2nd said:
Kuma said:

the previous were better, the visuals were solid, fans being overly critical it became stupid.

This... Had fans?
Apr 30, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
Lol they brought in Kinji Yoshimoto.
I can't tell if the fans are getting what they deserve or exactly what they want.
Apr 30, 2018 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
Red_Tuesday said:
MsVitchDa2nd said:

This... Had fans?

Believe it or not there are people that likes the novels.

Although, I'm not saying this to shit on them (I will not shit on its novel either) but yeah it does.
May 3, 2018 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
How fucking bad must the old staff been that they were all fucking fired and replaced? Lmao.

It's kind of an incredibly odd situation, because when you look at the old staff, they were actually half decent. And then you look at the new staff, and I immediately want to fucking neck myself.

And then, despite "technically" being the better staff, they royally fucked up and got replaced. And, I have to side with Japanese fans on this one, that first key visual they released of the blonde girl with MC tucked away in the corner with his eyepatch looked like fucking garbage. It didnt look like a White Fox anime. It looked like some low-budget side project from Silver Link's interns. That art looked almost identical to In Another World With My Smartphone.

And now you see the "shitty" staff and that new key visual looks a million fucking times better. How it should have looked from the start. Which is surprising since, y'know the new director and character designer are immense dog shit when you look at it on paper.

Also have to wonder if some other things were going in internally with the directing too since the director got replaced too. Like it's one thing to hate a character design and just swap out the character designer. It's another thing entirely to fire the director and replace them too - those two things aren't related at all. Perhaps the original director was going for some shitty, watered-down generic adaptation or some random anime original shit and got the axe, and the new director is doing a better adaptation? *fingers crossed*

Anyone also notice that it's no longer just White Fox doing the show anymore? It's now a studio collaboration between them and Asread (probably not a coincidence because Asread did Big Order)?

Damn, axing the top staff and starting over from scratch, Marchen Madchen should've taken a fucking hint from these guys.
May 4, 2018 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
Jonesy974 said:
How fucking bad must the old staff been that they were all fucking fired and replaced? Lmao.

It's kind of an incredibly odd situation, because when you look at the old staff, they were actually half decent. And then you look at the new staff, and I immediately want to fucking neck myself.

And then, despite "technically" being the better staff, they royally fucked up and got replaced. And, I have to side with Japanese fans on this one, that first key visual they released of the blonde girl with MC tucked away in the corner with his eyepatch looked like fucking garbage. It didnt look like a White Fox anime. It looked like some low-budget side project from Silver Link's interns. That art looked almost identical to In Another World With My Smartphone.

And now you see the "shitty" staff and that new key visual looks a million fucking times better. How it should have looked from the start. Which is surprising since, y'know the new director and character designer are immense dog shit when you look at it on paper.

Also have to wonder if some other things were going in internally with the directing too since the director got replaced too. Like it's one thing to hate a character design and just swap out the character designer. It's another thing entirely to fire the director and replace them too - those two things aren't related at all. Perhaps the original director was going for some shitty, watered-down generic adaptation or some random anime original shit and got the axe, and the new director is doing a better adaptation? *fingers crossed*

Anyone also notice that it's no longer just White Fox doing the show anymore? It's now a studio collaboration between them and Asread (probably not a coincidence because Asread did Big Order)?

Damn, axing the top staff and starting over from scratch, Marchen Madchen should've taken a fucking hint from these guys.

It's more of a 50-50 situation since there's a few positives but a few negatives to be fairly honest.

Also the fact that it's Asread being part of the entire production collab isn't probably an issue in itself. I find this relatively interesting of a combination... except it can lead to a divisive thoughts into it.

But yeah it's more like the first announcement was "decent staff, shit key visuals."

And in the second which is the change it's "shit staff, good key visuals."

As far as I'm aware the script writer is still the same and the script writer is the positive note in this.
May 6, 2018 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
Wasshio said:
Jonesy974 said:

It's more of a 50-50 situation since there's a few positives but a few negatives to be fairly honest.

Also the fact that it's Asread being part of the entire production collab isn't probably an issue in itself. I find this relatively interesting of a combination... except it can lead to a divisive thoughts into it.

But yeah it's more like the first announcement was "decent staff, shit key visuals."

And in the second which is the change it's "shit staff, good key visuals."

As far as I'm aware the script writer is still the same and the script writer is the positive note in this.

Yea that pretty much sums it up lol.

I have to wonder though since the script writer is the same, perhaps the first director was trying to take the show in some horrible direction that just didnt make sense with what the LNs or the writer was trying to accomplish so maybe that's why he got shit-canned.
Dec 20, 2018 5:22 PM

Nov 2007
New key visual
Summer 2019
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/313144

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
34 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
36 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
58 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.