Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2018 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
Gosh, who wrote this script?

This episode is so dumb and so lame, dumb down every characters for the sake of drama.

All 02 need to do is asks nicely once, and none of this would happen.
And the freaking shitty cliche "coincidence" of Hiro not being in room, 02 goes berserk, Hiro witness his teammates being abused at the right moment.

Holy shit, what a shitty show using the stupid trick of forced drama.
02 is shit tier character confirmed.
Genuinely feel like this show has no substance to talk about ,
so they use this cheap drama to prolong the plot instead of getting into deeper/ new element of the story.

This anime has potential to be good after ep13, but now it'd just be another dragged on plot of forced drama for the sake of drama.
Am I watching Twilight?
Ventus_SApr 14, 2018 11:30 AM
Apr 14, 2018 11:17 AM
Apr 2017
Nyron said:
YukiJudai_100 said:

come back to this when you can actually explain yourself instead of depending on recommendations of what you subjectively believe to be a good drama.

I'm not going to break down for you why three Billboards is a good movie, because thousands of people writing reviews for it and the fact that it won multiple major awards against more well-known and popular movies should be able to do that for me.

I'm sorry that you think this low-grade half-assed version of Degrassi is compelling drama. You must have a terrible yet very simple life.

no one's asking you to break down anything. i actually delivered an opinion supported by facts without being condescending. it's easy to just just throw relative and and subjective opinions all over the place on an internet forum where your feet isn't held to the fire and you don't have to actually explain yourself. when someone can't elaborate on whatever point their making by supporting it with actually facts one can only assume that the person is just someone who has no critical capability to make a well rounded argument.

also stop playing the ad hominem game and actually stay on topic or else continue proving my point that you have no critical capability to make a well rounded argument.

Nov 2016

People need to chill. It might have been frustrating to watch, but the characters act based on their own feelings and must not please the viewer.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2018
I must say i really liked the episode, i was really fixed on it. And yes i am really sad about what happend, but because of this i want to see the next episode even more. You all cant say that you want to know how everything will go on :3

And yes i cant understand Ichigo either it was cruel what she did, but i dont hope she will die, i hope more she will understand that Hiro need 02 and that Gorou is there for her. But thats my opinion :)
Apr 14, 2018 11:18 AM

Dec 2010
Expected 3-4 episodes where both Hiro and Zero Two get NTRed to each other until they arrive to the melting point where their bond is so trong that they will eventualli back together, no matter what. XD
Apr 14, 2018 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
ZingFreelancer said:
Wasshio said:

Comparing this to Aldnoah.Zero is a bit of a stretch considering they're different takes. In Darling, it makes sense within its context because it has an own world. In Aldnoah it still is the recurring same world... so it doesn't fit with this.

Besides Aldnoah's problem was more on the decisions of the battles themselves, not the drama. And the massive ass-pulls.

You are thinking too much.
Aldnoah.Zero had shitty writing, Darling in the Franxx is trying to 1up that. Considering both shows belong to the same studio, I can understand why they are competing this hard :D

Wrong on the last part btw since majority of the production of Aldnoah was taken by TROYCA, not A-1.

And as I said, they don't really fit in the category personally since they only have a similar thing which is the genre and probably the fact that its post-apocalypse. Then again those are even then different compared to one another.
Apr 14, 2018 11:19 AM
Feb 2018
I really hate Bitchigo
Apr 14, 2018 11:19 AM

Feb 2016
F*ck off Ichigo, BEGONE THOT YOU ARE TRESPASSING WHAT'S NOT YOURS!!

I F*cking hate hate hate hate hate you. Hope she's eaten by a Klaxosaur soon.

Welp, shit happens.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 14, 2018 11:20 AM
Jul 2013
Very interesting episode this week. It flipped our expectations upside down and to see that it was clearly the point to make us feel like this I can't dare say it was bad. The thing is, yes, I hated every action displayed in this episode, but that's exactly what the producers wanted me to feel, so it was actually pretty f-ing well executed.
Apr 14, 2018 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
The Ichigo hatetrain is moving in full force now, choo choo. Also: dem horns. I wonder if it'll get to the point where she'll turn back red?

Enjoyed the episode overall, the characters pissed me off though. Ichigo already knows Hiro can't ride with her, and he's said multiple times that he has no reason for living if he isn't piloting. What is she expecting to come from this? The characters blindly following Ichigo up until 3/4ths of the episode when they decide to finally speak up annoyed me too. I get she's the leader, but all she's done thus far is pushed her selfish desires before anything else.

Gobro doesn't deserve this...
Aug 2017
FMmatron said:

People need to chill. It might have been frustrating to watch, but the characters act based on their own feelings and must not please the viewer.

Problem is this reflects how little they or the narrative have progressed

Jun 2016
This topic is on fire and will be for quite a long time I bet ahahah

Mar 2016
Nyron said:
Aure0lin said:
what is this show and why did it cause a meltdown on /a/

This show is literally nothing and if it didn't have the trigger name attached to it no one would be watching it, me included
in the 10 minutes or so of reading ive done on threads here and /a/ it looks like typical teen drama bullshit lol why are people so salty
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 14, 2018 11:22 AM
Apr 2018
liviathr said:
Very interesting episode this week. It flipped our expectations upside down and to see that it was clearly the point to make us feel like this I can't dare say it was bad. The thing is, yes, I hated every action displayed in this episode, but that's exactly what the producers wanted me to feel, so it was actually pretty f-ing well executed.

Yes same what i meant, and i cant wait to see what happens next i wished i could watch episode 15 right now so hyped i am now :3

Apr 2012
Finity said:
I really hate Bitchigo

Bitchigo, Cukoro, who's next? I'm really starting to worry about Miku and Ikuno.
Jan 2009
YukiJudai_100 said:
Nyron said:

I'm not going to break down for you why three Billboards is a good movie, because thousands of people writing reviews for it and the fact that it won multiple major awards against more well-known and popular movies should be able to do that for me.

I'm sorry that you think this low-grade half-assed version of Degrassi is compelling drama. You must have a terrible yet very simple life.

no one's asking you to break down anything. i actually delivered an opinion supported by facts without being condescending. it's easy to just just throw relative and and subjective opinions all over the place on an internet forum where your feet isn't held to the fire and you don't have to actually explain yourself. when someone can't elaborate on whatever point their making by supporting it with actually facts one can only assume that the person is just someone who has no critical capability to make a well rounded argument.

also stop playing the ad hominem game and actually stay on topic or else continue proving my point that you have no critical capability to make a well rounded argument.

My opinion supported by facts is that this show is being held up by one dimensional characters with character arcs that are going towards obvious or uninteresting conclusions with no evidence being presented otherwise. That is the cornerstone of poorly written drama. This show is boring because everything is predictable, or takes so long to deliver a payoff that it is underwhelming.

This is a character drama driven show where every character has maybe one sentence of personality and development. No one has any interesting background. No one has any hobbies. They're developed just enough to be good enough for a short story or a movie but not a 24 episode show.
Apr 14, 2018 11:23 AM

Sep 2016
Hiro ffs slap ichigo and teach her some respecc
Jan 2009
Aure0lin said:
Nyron said:

This show is literally nothing and if it didn't have the trigger name attached to it no one would be watching it, me included
in the 10 minutes or so of reading ive done on threads here and /a/ it looks like typical teen drama bullshit lol why are people so salty

Everyone on this board is legitimately 12 or a Yugioh player, so mentally 12
Jul 2018
Nyron said:
Wasshio said:

So in that case if people don't believe its bullshit it is considered as a bad thing? I mean that's what I'm getting here. I don't see it as bare minimum effort, just... I'd say they need to kinda fix some stuff here and there. I do like conflicts like these, for most I have no complaints aside from this episode not being the best out there. Its pacing is KINDA off-putting.

I mean, the Cornerstone of good drama is not knowing where things are going

At this point I'm just waiting for the show to resolve itself. Either 02 is going to die at the end or she isn't, that's literally the only question that is dangling in the air.

Ichigo is never going to end up with main character so I do not care about anything that she does. She might die for him, and I still won't care because it would be really really obvious.
Same with Goro re: Ichigo.
Fatboy is irrelevant and maybe he will win kokoro back, but I hope he doesn't because she's terrible.
Is kokoro going to have a baby? That's the only thing about her plot that's dangling and I can honestly say I don't care.
Zorome and Miku haven't said or done anything relevant since the start of the show and they are completely separated from all of the drama, so I don't care about them either.

The most interesting characters in this entire series are the two gay ones, and I think that's only because neither of them get any speaking lines. They probably never will either.

What am I supposed to be interested in in this series? Kokoro betraying the fat kid and the two other Pilots being gay have been the most surprising things in all 14 episodes of the show, and that simply is not that compelling.

So what am I missing here? What are people even looking forward to? Are people expecting to be surprised? The show has not had any twists whatsoever. We are literally waiting 8 episodes to see if 02 is going to die or not.

Who knows. To be fairly honest people will find reasons for even being interested in the series. It really depends on who you're speaking to.

Is it playing the manipulative game? If it was (perception of my end) I wouldn't be going around too much for it. But the drama at least looks like it fits in its own world and the characters are acting within their own established traits for most. It's annoying, but I like that at the same time.

I think the show is flawed sure. I won't deny this. But is it awful? Nah. I think if anything I'm more against the notion of giving it a high score due to my interest being there. I don't need any twists or anything. But if something doesn't make me feel mad or made me see the issues by a transparent full force, then yeah you get the jist of it.

Mar 2012
Hiro visiting 02 when 02 is visiting Hiro, resulting in 02 raging over the crew and Hiro coming at the right time to call her a monster was the biggest asspull forced drama I've seen in a while.

Jan 2009
Ichigo did nothing wrong since she does not know that Hiro loves Zero Two
Apr 14, 2018 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
JLaxius said:

And this will keep going on for a loooooong while.

Like jesus we got to 6 pages already.
Apr 14, 2018 11:24 AM
Jan 2018
This ep was so fucking shit. Ive seen series after series where they string a plot line a long and its just so boring. Ichigo needs to get a grip, she know he doesnt like her. Hope she gets killed soon or sommet shes well boring
Apr 14, 2018 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Ventus_S said:

This episode is so dumb and so lame, dumb down every characters for the sake of drama.

And the freaking shitty cliche "coincidence" of Hiro not being in room, 02 goes berserk, Hiro witness his teammates being abused at the right moment.

Genuinely feel like this show has no substance to talk about , so they use this cheap way to prolong the plot instead of getting into deeper/ new element of the story.

This anime has potential to be good after ep13, but now it'd just be another dragged on plot of forced drama for the sake of drama.
Am I watching Twilight?

Hahahaha couldnt agree more lol
Apr 14, 2018 11:26 AM

Jun 2016
Wasshio said:
JLaxius said:

Welp, that confession is probably going to remain in the anime history as one of the most controversial ever. You have either the 02 hype train or the Ichigo one. I'm somewhere in the middle though

Apr 14, 2018 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
Wasshio said:
JLaxius said:

You should just see Kissanimes comment section...it's going berserk over there. So bad that mods had to shut down the comments section for a while cause it was making the site lag
Apr 14, 2018 11:28 AM
Apr 2018
DoctorWasabi said:
Wasshio said:

You should just see Kissanimes comment section...it's going berserk over there. So bad that mods had to shut down the comments section for a while cause it was making the site lag

That only shows how much they liked it in someway i mean if they werent so much into darling in the franxx they woudnt go berserk :3
Apr 14, 2018 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
Wasshio said:
JLaxius said:

Becouse all of this is for one blue haired Bitch...
Apr 14, 2018 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
JLaxius said:
Wasshio said:

Welp, that confession is probably going to remain in the anime history as one of the most controversial ever. You have either the 02 hype train or the Ichigo one. I'm somewhere in the middle though

Oh I'm the same on this one. Here's the thing for me:

I'm more neutral with both of them. They have their good and bads. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't take neutrality too lightly when it comes to these type of stuff. And at this point, yeah it might be maintain the most controversial thing in anime's log. Like, not the worst thing that happened to any community but it'll be divisive as fuck at this point.

DoctorWasabi said:
Wasshio said:

I saw this response before and holy crap, that's actually really freaking horrible x.x
Apr 14, 2018 11:32 AM
Jun 2017
blame nine alpha for this storm lmao
Fire Emblem anime when
Apr 14, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
DivineLion said:

lol totally agree
Apr 14, 2018 11:34 AM

Oct 2017
Mohammadalmannai said:
Yes lets throw that 02 and Hiro build up into the trash and have Ichigo stop Hiro from getting 02 back into the squad and on top of that, Ichigo kisses Hiro in front of Goro.

What is this? A harem? Nisekoi?

The forced drama in this episode is terrible. Piss off, hope they resolve this within the next episode.

Noo, this is Twilight!

Lmao, now I knew why this show is bad, cuz I'm watching Twilight.
Apr 14, 2018 11:36 AM

Mar 2014
THE DRAMA THICKENS

My girl Ichigo <3333 I love her and I think she's just trying to do her best to keep Hiro safe. You might say that's selfish of her if Hiro doesn't want to do that, but it's understandable nonetheless. Still, it was sad to see her doing her all to convey her feelings to Hiro because she's so desperate to keep him safe. And he was just looking up because he cares about Zero Two. Ugh

I'm sad for Zero Two as well, I understand that she sort of snapped and what Hiro said is harsh but what she did wasn't right either. She has been emotionally strained though :( When Hiro was crying thinking about her smiling at him and doing cheerful things, that was so heartbreaking.
Apr 14, 2018 11:36 AM
Apr 2018
Sabrina_de_Boni said:
DoctorWasabi said:

That only shows how much they liked it in someway i mean if they werent so much into darling in the franxx they woudnt go berserk :3

This is so true, they played with our feelings and this is why i liked this episode despite of all this frustration i got here. Don't be so mad guys, wait for it and see there is still 10 episode.

Have faith in those who made this beautiful episode 13 guys. I'm sure they know what they do.
Apr 14, 2018 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
sasalx said:

*Tips fedora from shadows*

I LOOOOOOVE super protective female characters, Ichigo is so waifu xD

Ichigo IS best girl. People just hate her because she's getting in the way of Zero Two lol
Apr 14, 2018 11:38 AM
Jun 2017
dehuman said:
DivineLion said:

lol totally agree

he played them like a damn fiddle. even i saw this coming and yet this 02 fanboys scream. ( I like 02 but damn this is just sad )
Fire Emblem anime when
Apr 14, 2018 11:39 AM

Jan 2014
Danae said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Ichigo IS best girl.

MTOKINGOIRNGOIERNG
Apr 14, 2018 11:39 AM

Jun 2016
Danae said:
THE DRAMA THICKENS

My girl Ichigo <3333 I love her and I think she's just trying to do her best to keep Hiro safe. You might say that's selfish of her if Hiro doesn't want to do that, but it's understandable nonetheless. Still, it was sad to see her doing her all to convey her feelings to Hiro because she's so desperate to keep him safe. And he was just looking up because he cares about Zero Two. Ugh

I'm sad for Zero Two as well, I understand that she sort of snapped and what Hiro said is harsh but what she did wasn't right either. She has been emotionally strained though :( When Hiro was crying thinking about her smiling at him and doing cheerful things, that was so heartbreaking.

Don't forget that Zero Two still remains sort of a monster, so she doesn't need too much pressure to snap

Apr 14, 2018 11:40 AM
Dec 2016
Ichigo such useless & annoying character. And the worst, she treats Gobro like a piece of shit, the best chill character of the show

Hope she will die soon alone without nobody around her and 02 laughing in the back

Because like... because of the shit she just did, we are gonna get more cringey forced drama between Hiro and 02 separated. ...
Apr 14, 2018 11:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Danae said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

Ichigo IS best girl. People just hate her because she's getting in the way of Zero Two lol

yea i think thats the case... i do LOVE Zero Two, but Ichigos protectiveness is so hot
Apr 14, 2018 11:41 AM
Feb 2018
they should just kill ichigo off that fucking cuck is ruinining everything
Apr 14, 2018 11:43 AM

Mar 2014
Wasshio said:
To be honest I'll just say this:

I do like the episode, but the pacing wasn't the best here. It didn't worked well compared to the writing's 11th episode which is written by the same person.

Granted being fair Zero Two and Ichigo are both at fault because really: Ichigo knows Hiro doesn't like her, but regardless of that fact she continues to insist. I get the intention and it is to protect Hiro from Zero Two, and getting Zero Two away from Hiro, however... this is not the best way to go about it.

Zero Two on the other hand took a decision after the entire getting out of the group. But her entire situation and the way she handled it wasn't the best either because she herself is not realizing she's acting very selfish upon her own wish and not worrying for other people's ends and how these things can hurt Hiro.

Tldr: Both are at fault.

Best post. Ichigo is selfish ofc, but people in this thread just ignore Zero Two's actions as if she hasn't done anything wrong. I can understand why both of them are doing some things, because they're both caring about Hiro and people are emotional and make mistakes. Like we all obviously prefer one over the other but calling the one trash and worshipping the other is too biased imo.
Apr 14, 2018 11:45 AM
Apr 2018
Ventus_S said:

Genuinely feel like this show has no substance to talk about ,
so they use this cheap drama to prolong the plot instead of getting into deeper/ new element of the story.

Am I watching Twilight?

02 trash tier? come on kiddo she is not shitigo take it back
Jun 2017
sauzt said:
Ichigo such useless & annoying character. And the worst, she treats Gobro like a piece of shit, the best chill character of the show

Hope she will die soon alone without nobody around her and 02 laughing in the back

Because like... because of the shit she just did, we are gonna get more cringey forced drama between Hiro and 02 separated. ...

you know what you are watching since this has a "drama" tag hoo boy
Fire Emblem anime when
Jan 2009
JLaxius said:
Wasshio said:

What the hell are you talking about? What hype-train? Who is actually invested in ichigo's character? Who? Who won this entire planet gives a single shit about her "confession"?

It was completely irrelevant and will not impact anything at all, it was just stupid and a waste of time
Mar 2018
I want to die after watching this episode
Apr 14, 2018 11:47 AM
Apr 2018
Danae said:
Wasshio said:
To be honest I'll just say this:

I do like the episode, but the pacing wasn't the best here. It didn't worked well compared to the writing's 11th episode which is written by the same person.

Granted being fair Zero Two and Ichigo are both at fault because really: Ichigo knows Hiro doesn't like her, but regardless of that fact she continues to insist. I get the intention and it is to protect Hiro from Zero Two, and getting Zero Two away from Hiro, however... this is not the best way to go about it.

Zero Two on the other hand took a decision after the entire getting out of the group. But her entire situation and the way she handled it wasn't the best either because she herself is not realizing she's acting very selfish upon her own wish and not worrying for other people's ends and how these things can hurt Hiro.

Tldr: Both are at fault.

Best post. Ichigo is selfish ofc, but people in this thread just ignore Zero Two's actions as if she hasn't done anything wrong. I can understand why both of them are doing some things, because they're both caring about Hiro and people are emotional and make mistakes. Like we all obviously prefer one over the other but calling the one trash and worshipping the other is too biased imo.

They both didnt show the best sides of them, but i can some how understand both a little.

Aug 2016
Funny how few episodes ago people were calling Ichigo "strawberry" and after today took a complete 180 and now shes just "bitchigo".
The more drama there is the better the healing episode will be though, but definitely did not expect more shit after what happened in 13.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁

Mar 2017
That's some nice buildup, it'd be a shame if something... happened to it.

All aboard the miscommunication and misunderstandings train! Like dear god the writing in this episode was horrible. So many interesting directions they could have taken the show and they pull this.

Funnily enough, I don't blame Ichigo for any of this. For the information she had, she made some pretty rational decisions. 02 finally tried to kill Hiro and now just keeps saying she wants to "talk" to him.

The fault in this falls solely on how they've been writing 02. She seems to remember most if not all of what went on in the past, yet she never gives the squad any of this information even though it would go a long way in clearing up the misunderstanding. Instead she just keeps it super vague until she goes all "yeah I might be killing/corrupting him, so what?" It's no wonder they put her on guard for a few days after that. And then when the prime misunderstanding happens, she just either ignores or doesn't see the escape rope that's clearly dangling in the middle of the room.

There's so many places they could have salvaged this episode. 02 could have told the squad (still withholding a lot, but giving just enough information to get them to let her through) what was up. Hiro could have broken it to Ichigo why he wanted to talk to 02. They could have had 02 not be literally blind at the climax. This episode could have been saved if someone had just had the slightest bit of communication skills.

The character development we've got just seems to be regressing now instead of progressing. (and not even in the good way) Guess we're back to the same conflict we had in eps 2-5 of whether he'll be able to ride with her again. This writing is just facilitating dumb, drawn out melodrama.

Jun 2016
Nyron said:
JLaxius said:

What the hell are you talking about? What hype-train? Who is actually invested in ichigo's character? Who? Who won this entire planet gives a single shit about her "confession"?

It was completely irrelevant and will not impact anything at all, it was just stupid and a waste of time

You should take a look at some sites then xd

Pages (30) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

330 by poscula »»
May 4, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

356 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

410 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

598 by poscula »»
Apr 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.