Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2018 11:16 AM
Nov 2017
This is my 1st comment in MAL.
10/10
:)
Mar 8, 2018 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
THIS IS A BEST EPISODES!!!
emotions, music, conflict, interaction anything was really really perfect. What's the focus of this story is when the violet's emotions has been stirred start from the lowest point till could make her so frustrated even she thinks to end her life but, the support from her friends can stop it and.. make it her realized that maybe she couldn't change her past but, there's always stairs to step forward. And Kyoani has been successfull to illustrate all the moment and for me the best moment is when violet said she want to be auto memories doll in Hodgin's office while the insert song playing and that's so amazing
Mar 8, 2018 11:42 AM

May 2017
Roll credits

wait 5 more episodes -.-
Mar 8, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2017
Hakaminah said:
I wanted to stay positive but somehow this series managed to put me off with this episode.
As a person who is really sensitive to drama, I just watched the whole ep with straight face.
It would be the worst one so far if not Benedict and his shoes.

still 2/5

finally i found the comment that resembles my thoughts. i haven't been touched at all, despite all the sensitive music and crying scenes, somehow it still feels kinda empty to me, seems like a generic post-war drama
Mar 8, 2018 11:46 AM

Dec 2017
honestly, going in without any expectations and after first 3 episodes i was expecting something similar to the movie "Atonement", but nope, not even close

i was hoping to see more conflict, like the blood-stained hands one, but it's shown so weak..
Mar 8, 2018 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Liravin said:
Also the scene where she choked herself was really weirdly executed with the music feeling completely out place - an excellent example of a scene that would have worked a lot better with no music at all. That made me realize that this issue with music that's good on its own but not really in tune with the scene is bigger in VE than I admitted so far.

I thought I was the only one who thought that. Even though the scene where Violet tries to kill herself is sad, the music playing at that moment was really weird and didn't fit with the situation at all.
Mar 8, 2018 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
This anime is fucking amazing. Like my god everything Violet is going through. SHE WENT TO THE DAMN CASTLE!!!

Shit man that's crazy. Then her melt down when she basically tried to strangle herself made me shoot up and be like "No...NO DONT DO IT!!!!"

The fucking music too, my god amazing.

The character development for everyone is flawless. They even managed to make the old man relevant as well, with him being all wise.

Everything finally came back together. The prince and princess had ALL THE LETTERS!!! SO GOOD!

My one concern is if the anti-peace people were there just for Violets sake or if we will actually see some development from that. Im intrigued.

basically a flawless episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 8, 2018 12:32 PM
Mar 2018
Today's episode was beautiful, as always. I felt so sorry for Violet and for everything she went through ... It's a good thing that in the end she may realize that she had helped a lot of people and maybe, from now on, go look for Major Guilbert with his head held high.
Mar 8, 2018 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
shorai_noakari_ said:
I just wanna hug Violet and say "it'll be alright". My tears were flowing from the beginning till the end

I totally get you! >__<)// Violet deserves to become happy, right? RIGHT?!?

gaRdenia6943 said:
Now Kyoni made me wondering whether the truth of Gill's "death" will be revealed or not...by far I'm quite not appreciate Anime!Benedict. In LN, he would be concerned about Violet like a Big bro. However, the anime is kinda off somehow...the art of this ep is great and with the ost, its even better. Waiting to see what will happen in the following ep.

Your comment brought up another thought. What if it is not revealed?

Does anyone know, is there enough material from the LN for a second season? Or at least enough potential to make another season? Kyoani put some original stuff in it after all. Aren't there a lot series from Kyoani with sequels?

Just seen another thing, there is a Violet Evergarden Special awaiting approval!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37095/Violet_Evergarden_Special

tambi33 said:
well, that was an interesting episode -even if there was some cringy crying scene by violet... oooh, but this is runnung deep; i feel so sorry for violet. everything has just awry for her.

you know when violet was looking at 'violets?' i realised that the main group of girls have a plant as their name which are:
-violet
-iris
-erica
-cattleya
-and quite possibly luculia* ('cause she or her brother have shown up more often than not).
*=luculia is named after a plant, but i said quite possibly since she does not
appear as often as the others.

P.S.
i write this knowing that it may actually be some pointless information everyone already knows.

who's this? i dont recognise him. (is it gilber? no, i cant be, can it? im at a loss with this -WHY DO THEY GIVE A SIDE VIEW)

Quite sure that is Leon from the Library (episode 6) , who set out on a journey to find his parents. Looks like him.
FlueckliMar 8, 2018 1:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2018 1:32 PM

Jul 2011
Poor Violet :'( I hope she will find her happiness.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 8, 2018 1:40 PM

Jul 2016
there is 5 more episodes I wonder what will happen in them?
this anime is wonderful I hope the don't screw it up.
Mar 8, 2018 1:44 PM

Apr 2017
Petalview said:
shorai_noakari_ said:
I just wanna hug Violet and say "it'll be alright". My tears were flowing from the beginning till the end

gaRdenia6943 said:
Now Kyoni made me wondering whether the truth of Gill's "death" will be revealed or not...by far I'm quite not appreciate Anime!Benedict. In LN, he would be concerned about Violet like a Big bro. However, the anime is kinda off somehow...the art of this ep is great and with the ost, its even better. Waiting to see what will happen in the following ep.

Does anyone know, is there enough material from the LN for a second season? Or at least enough potential to make another season? Kyoani put some original stuff in it after all. Aren't there a lot series from Kyoani with sequels?

Just seen another thing, there is a Violet Evergarden Special awaiting approval!

tambi33 said:
well, that was an interesting episode -even if there was some cringy crying scene by violet... oooh, but this is runnung deep; i feel so sorry for violet. everything has just awry for her.

you know when violet was looking at 'violets?' i realised that the main group of girls have a plant as their name which are:
-violet
-iris
-erica
-cattleya
-and quite possibly luculia* ('cause she or her brother have shown up more often than not).

P.S.
i write this knowing that it may actually be some pointless information everyone already knows.

who's this? i dont recognise him. (is it gilber? no, i cant be, can it? im at a loss with this -WHY DO THEY GIVE A SIDE VIEW)

Quite sure that is Leon from the Library (episode 6) , who set out on a journey to find his parents. Looks like him.

Yes that's Leon Jasmin. How can someone forget him when he's one of the people who tied the strongest bonds with Violet Evergarden? :(
Mar 8, 2018 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
Petalview said:

It's a wrong entry. There has not been any announcement. When they mentioned there will be 14 episodes, someone assumed it would be the conventional 13 + 1 episode bundled in BD/DVD. However, I have checked later on the official website and twitter that the episode count is 14 and the BD/DVD will have the following counts:

Vol. 1: Episodes 1-3
Vol. 2: Episodes 4-7
Vol. 3: Episodes 8-10
Vol. 4: Episodes 11-14

Petalview said:
Aren't there a lot series from Kyoani with sequels?

Yep, you are right. More notably all but one of KyoAni owned shows have had sequels (TV series or movies): Chuunibyou, Free!, Kyoukai no Kanata, Tamako Market. The only exception is Musaigen no Phantom World. So, there is a chance that VE might get a sequel TV series or a movie.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 8, 2018 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
She mone ona too fast?

I don't think "everything you don't can't be change/forget" are good word for someone who ask you is she okay to keep living?
Into the Internet!
Mar 8, 2018 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
Why is the blonde mailman wearing high heels?
Mar 8, 2018 2:23 PM
Apr 2016
Misiakk said:

I think something has to do with that argument with Spanish Doll senorita, the typical "you have that easier" or something. He decided to show them the things are not so bad by doing the stuff while wearing heels, and typically ended in a failure.
Re:formed
Mar 8, 2018 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
Misiakk said:

I think something has to do with that argument with Spanish Doll senorita, the typical "you have that easier" or something. He decided to show them the things are not so bad by doing the stuff while wearing heels, and typically ended in a failure.

But he wore them in previous episodes as well.
Mar 8, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2012
I think its going to hurt the anime overall having it not end on this episode. Though I could be wrong.
Mar 8, 2018 2:38 PM

Sep 2013
I can finally say it, watching this is synanymous with crying, I cried so many times already. I just hope that this end-like episode doesn't spoil it.
It's not like I'm not responding because I'm shy or somethingbB-baka.
Mar 8, 2018 2:56 PM

Jan 2011
Just another amazing episode
Mar 8, 2018 3:00 PM

Dec 2016
I almost cried this episode ;_; too many feels!

The ending was pretty funny... It felt like this was the last one for some reason >_> Love the ending song <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 8, 2018 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
Wow...with Violet's hallucination/dream of the major on the bloody staircase chastising her, her outburst after she woke up, and even her brief attempted suicide by trying to choke herself with her own hands--you can really see her PTSD manifest. Losing Gilbert was a far bigger blow than losing her arms which she didn't even care about, probably from her conditioning as a child soldier.

I wonder who was the new guy who threw away the bunch of mail...guess they'll just remain an unnamed disgruntled former? employee until they decide whether or not to elaborate on that.

Benedict spraining his ankle...I say good. Those high heels looked hideous on him anyway.

I think this was the first time they showed the old bearded mailman...don't think they ever introduced him or his name...that, or I'm just drawing a blank and can't remember.

Estoy_GordoMar 8, 2018 3:24 PM
Mar 8, 2018 3:59 PM

Oct 2010
Fantastic episode. Would've made a great finale. I'm gonna be mad if he's still alive. This show really picked up at episode 4. 2 and 3 were lackluster but now it's easily the best of the season. If only the bitrate/encoding was better. Lot of artifacting, especially in dark scene. KyoAni deserves better. Can't wait to see where the story goes.
Mar 8, 2018 4:28 PM

Jun 2014
Looks like Violet has finally come to terms with the major's fate, and will live a life for herself.

Mar 8, 2018 4:51 PM

Apr 2015
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no idea why the hell we've got five more episodes.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 8, 2018 6:02 PM

Sep 2017
Felt like the anime could end there.. this was by far one of the best episodes of the entire show and i haven't got so emotional like i did with this episode in a long time
Mar 8, 2018 6:20 PM

May 2015
That was an outstanding episode with a lot of emotions. The episode expanded on Violet's grief, which was less prominent in the novel, so really well done there.

Last few episodes have been really good in my opinion, in comparison to the anime original content that was shown before these.

Mar 8, 2018 6:54 PM

Sep 2017
Wow, what an insanely emotional episode. Superb direction in the last few minutes. It really felt like a series finale. I'm really excited to see where they will go from here.
Mar 8, 2018 8:45 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty weird world where people's arms can just fall off. Even weirder one where they don't bleed.
Mar 8, 2018 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
Why it felt like this was the last episode, I didn't cried enough yet C'mon
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 8, 2018 10:00 PM

Jan 2011
eh this kinda did nothing for me but i'm sure i'm in the minority when i say this , i just have a hard time being sympathetic towards violet and they tend to brush off the fact besides a few lines that she's killed a lot of people like a lot a lot and you could say well that's what happens in war but with the plot surrounding the "death" of her major it makes it hard for me to care , maybe i'd have a different feeling if they didn't have such a big focus on it and did it from the start and then go into her trying to cope with it during the doll work.

parts were well done though others not so much... nowi'm thinking what on earth these other episodes are gonna be.
Mar 8, 2018 10:37 PM

Jan 2014
poor Violet.
but then she finally ready to accept the reality.
Mar 8, 2018 10:44 PM
Aug 2015
Swagernator said:
I don't know why but through the whole episode i was thinking about Benedict's high heels, and why he wears them. And he actually sprained his ankle because of them ... lol xD

I wonder what would happens next, with the story i mean.
dont know if anyone answer your question yet, but high heels actualy used by man especially butcher to avoid the blood pool in the butchery. seeing that the city is in rain, i think thats why he used it, to avoid the puddle
Mar 8, 2018 11:02 PM

Apr 2016
Petalview said:
shorai_noakari_ said:

gaRdenia6943 said:

tambi33 said:

-violet
-iris
-erica
-cattleya

P.S.

Technically they've only adapted 4 chapters from the LN... So I guess it's possible. But if they follow the LN's ending, I don't think so. I don't know what they're going to do with a second season. Just showing more adventures won't be enough.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 9, 2018 12:04 AM
Apr 2016
Rest in peace, Taki sensei...

OMG WAT?!

insanecrabMar 9, 2018 12:15 AM
Mar 9, 2018 2:03 AM
Apr 2016
Misiakk said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

But he wore them in previous episodes as well.

Well because the argument happened around episode 4 or something. That is really unimportant.
Re:formed
Mar 9, 2018 2:33 AM
Jun 2017
Ahh can someone tell me if this is the final episode of Violet Evergarden? It looks like its an ending episode already. (Though MAL says its 14 episode)

Anyway the episode is full of emotions bwtween violet and other characters...

*AND I BELEIVE IN THE MORAL OF TODAY'S EPISODE- we cant erase the past... but starting over again (or moving on) is the way for us to continue with our lives and make it better!!! [As shown in the last part of the episode, when violet asked if she deserves to be a auto memory doll, it showed all the people who she have helped with...

Beautiful episode!!! (And if it indeed is the real last episode- great one)!!!
Mar 9, 2018 2:51 AM

Dec 2015
It isnt the end isnt it?
Mar 9, 2018 2:58 AM
Sep 2017
SkyLETV said:
Am I the only one who expected the major to show up? xD. I mean, it's still possible, the anime has clearly treated him more like disappeared than dead.

And as many say, with 2 or 3 more stories this episode could have been the end of the series.
I so expected the letter to be from the Major. Since there are five more eps left I still have some hope for his return. He could totally be hiding somewhere to give Violet a chance to live absolutely freely.
Mar 9, 2018 3:42 AM

Dec 2012
I guess I'm gonna watch this episode again... Why it was so awesome?!
Ass. Matheus "Grilo"
[ ]
Mar 9, 2018 3:49 AM

Oct 2017
Petalview said:

gaRdenia6943 said:

For the second season, I doubt they will make one. Yes , there are still plenty chaps have not been adapted to anime yet like the little purple-haired girl story, the festival with Cattleya (which I don't think it will be adapted), the hijacking train fight and many more...but honestly i don't think they should make a second season at all...it would feel quite off since the story, the characters are beautiful enough to make it remarkable in just one season. If they decided to make one, it would be OVA. But we all know that VE will get an OVA after the last ep anyways...

For more translation, I recommend you to visit https://dennou-translations.tumblr.com Personally after reading LN, I really felt disappointed in Kyoni and this anime adaption...yes the music and art are great but the plot, the characters are completely "off"....
Mar 9, 2018 4:03 AM

Aug 2016
For a minute I thought this episode was the last.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 9, 2018 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
Major_Gilbert said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:
how many chapters did the anime cover so far?

Episode 1: Chapter 8
Episode 2: Original
Episode 3: Original
Episode 4: Original
Episode 5: Original
Episode 6: Chapter 4
Episode 7: Chapter 1
Episode 8: Part of Chapter 6
Episode 9: Rest of Chapter 6

Even if I say that some episodes have adapted certain chapters, some original content has always been added.

thanks for the help
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 9, 2018 6:08 AM

Aug 2014
Major_Gilbert said:
Kamereon-senpai said:
Honestly, the explanation of he backstory felt really underwhelming. It's kinda just "the bad guys are really bad" (eg: yeah just use this orphan little girl as a weapon and just throw her in a ditch after you're done) and the way she loses her arms doesn't really make sense. She gets shot in the arm (which is very unlikely to ever chop an arm off) and then a grenade takes the other one, which doesn't make much more sense. We didn't really need further explanation on how Violet became a soldier, how she loses her arms and how Major died, but:

- for the soldier part, they don't really explain it. They just say she's super strong without further explanation, which takes away from the immersion and realism. After all, they could've just said she was normal and forced to serve for the army behind Major, it didn't really add anything tot he story that's she's a ninja. Also is there a point in making the guys who forced her into the army that heartless? That's just stupidly heartless, they could've just said "I know it feels bad but she's a real asset on the battlefield", but no, instead she's treated like cannon fodder when she's a superhero ninja.

- for the arms part, they explain it, but they really shouldn't have. It's lame and we don't really care. Could've just said she lost them in the last battle and that's it.

- for Major's death, more of the same. He died in battle next to Violet. That's enough to justify the trauma. But instead, they make him just stand there wide open in a rooftop and get shot.

The development of the characters is pretty on point though. Violet learns and all, the other characters develop etc. It's pretty cheesy and nothing amazing but the art and the soundtrack really sells it and makes it great. Although I have a feeling that if you bingewatch the series you'll probably get tired of the over the top emotional reactions from the characters.

At least they got rid of the huge battle axe. That would've made it worse...

BlueSkylark said:
I mean let's start of with my biggest complain which ties into my Violet Evergarden feels like a B-Tier stage play.
I mean in a sense I can see the stage directions so easily in the first 5 minutes.

First Gilbert gets shot in the eye (non-lethal)
Then Violet runs towards him and shoots on of the attackers.
Attacker 2 leaves the stage out of fear.
Violet tries to pull Glibert to safty.
Attacker 3 appears and fires one bullet at Violet.
She gets hit and her arm falls of.
Gilbert kills Attacker 3.
Attacker 2 enters back on the stage and throws a grenade.
Explosion.
Next Set: Violet is seen losing her arm Gilbert on the ground.
Etc.

It just feels so inorganic.
Besides that it does try to include the most amount of drama, while skipping over the logic. I can see why people think that is beautiful, but for me it completly breaks the immersion.

I mean why do none of the enemy soldiers try to escape when they notice that they get bombed by their own side ?

Why does the 3rd Attacker shoot Violets arm, when he has a steady aim, is a trained soldier and has a slow moving target in front of him ?
Why does he only fire one shot at her ? Was he on his last bullet or something ?
I mean in comparison Gilbert pulled of a deadly shot with one eye from the same distance and he needed to shot fast.
Also how did Violet get to a safe space, while carrying Gilbert ? I mean she only noticed the grenade when it hit the ground right behind her. Also the explosion radius wasn't that small.
Besides that how exactly did Violet lose her arm from that explosions ? Normal explosions blast of the arm, yet it looks like it was cut off. Even if it would have been a fragmentation grenade there should have still been some splitters in her arm from that.

All those things sound small on paper. Yet if you notice those they break the immersion badly and the scene loses it's serious nature.
I mean you could compare it to the first scene from Guilty Crown where Robots that had a target system couldn't hit/capture a single girl that was running away from them.

Couldn't agree more. The execution of battle scenes has been pretty poor compared to the novel.

If you're interested, I can tell you how things had taken place in the novel.

I personally think the novel version is a bit better, but then again using the battle-axe is a bit too much... I'd be glad to hear your feedback.

tbh the anime version seems much more realistic compared to the way you said the novel described it.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 9, 2018 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
There is no way she lose her arms that way, completelly bullshit.

Besides that, great episode.

Mar 9, 2018 8:43 AM

Mar 2014
gaRdenia6943 said:
Petalview said:

For the second season, I doubt they will make one. Yes , there are still plenty chaps have not been adapted to anime yet like the little purple-haired girl story, the festival with Cattleya (which I don't think it will be adapted), the hijacking train fight and many more...but honestly i don't think they should make a second season at all...it would feel quite off since the story, the characters are beautiful enough to make it remarkable in just one season. If they decided to make one, it would be OVA. But we all know that VE will get an OVA after the last ep anyways...

For more translation, I recommend you to visit https://dennou-translations.tumblr.com Personally after reading LN, I really felt disappointed in Kyoni and this anime adaption...yes the music and art are great but the plot, the characters are completely "off"....

Thanks for your thought and especially for the link. I will check it out.

Major_Gilbert said:
Petalview said:

Technically they've only adapted 4 chapters from the LN... So I guess it's possible. But if they follow the LN's ending, I don't think so. I don't know what they're going to do with a second season. Just showing more adventures won't be enough.

I agree, what I had in mind was more of a war spin-off, in-which they show more about the interaction between Violet and Gilbert. Though, I really like the anime as it is for now, so I'm further anticipating the upcoming ending. :3

shanimebib said:
Petalview said:

It's a wrong entry. There has not been any announcement. When they mentioned there will be 14 episodes, someone assumed it would be the conventional 13 + 1 episode bundled in BD/DVD. However, I have checked later on the official website and twitter that the episode count is 14 and the BD/DVD will have the following counts:

Vol. 1: Episodes 1-3
Vol. 2: Episodes 4-7
Vol. 3: Episodes 8-10
Vol. 4: Episodes 11-14

Petalview said:
Aren't there a lot series from Kyoani with sequels?

Yep, you are right. More notably all but one of KyoAni owned shows have had sequels (TV series or movies): Chuunibyou, Free!, Kyoukai no Kanata, Tamako Market. The only exception is Musaigen no Phantom World. So, there is a chance that VE might get a sequel TV series or a movie.

Thanks for your correction! :3 This makes me wonder, if Violet Evergarden gets enough viewers on Netflix, too.

kikusan said:
Petalview said:

Yes that's Leon Jasmin. How can someone forget him when he's one of the people who tied the strongest bonds with Violet Evergarden? :(

I really liked this episode, too! x3 Hope we will see him again at some point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
I think this is probably one of the highlights of VE so far. I enjoyed the direction in this episode as well as Violet's struggle to find herself.
Mar 9, 2018 9:47 AM

Oct 2015
Somehow it feels fast that she overcame that grief in a single episode, but considering that there aren't many episodes left, they managed to do it really well.

I liked it that she received a letter. It was indeed weird for a Doll, but it was fitting. It was also great seeing her seeing "clues" about how her former clients are doing, and she witnessed how great things they achieved, and she was a big help for them. She realized that she was important.

When she was looking at the flowers, and she decided to head back, her first step felt so powerful.
At the end questioning whether she has right to live felt a bit late. I was expecting her not to question that by that point, but I'm glad Hodgins kind of tried to reassured her that it's okay.

The only thing that still slightly pisses me off, that she was called "Violet Evergarden" again.
In certain animes I'm fine with it, like "Naruto Uzumaki", "Monkey D. Luffy". They are fine, because those names are mentioned by people who just got to know them, and they acknowledge their heroism, etc. (That's the pattern I realized, and it's reasonable at least). Somehow in an anime like this, it feels really off that they keep saying her full name. A "Violet-chan" would be completely enough from people who already know her for quite a while.

Mar 9, 2018 10:28 AM

Nov 2007
insanecrab said:

OMG WAT?!

He appears in Liz to Aoi Tori. So, he is still kicking, haha! Don't wanna get on the bad side of Reina! :P

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 9, 2018 12:21 PM

Sep 2016
Meh, it's getting more and more cheesy, spamming tear-jerking just because. That footstep was just a pretentious sign of moving forward or some literal shit like that.

So Gilbert shows up later and then booooom~ it was all for nothing. Live happily ever after. Of course, now that I'm deep into episode 9 already, I sure hope that's not how it ends. No, wait, I hope that's how it ends just for teh lulz.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Apr 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.