Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2018 9:30 PM
Nov 2017
Beautiful episode. The feels were real from the beginning, and the animation was on point. Wonder where the story will go from here.
Mar 7, 2018 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
I want to punch the guy who wrote this episode, and kick the one who wrote the music for this thing, god, it was a better ending that a lot of things I have watched in my life, and I've watched a lot, and its not even the ending, I was never on the hype train for this anime, but damn this was beautiful in all senses
fuck....this has a serious 10 coming at this rate....currently 9/10
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 7, 2018 9:38 PM

Mar 2013
Shineee_ said:
I loved this episode. They showed how Violet suffered from knowing that Major is 'dead' and also showed how she stood up again, face her burn marks and come to accept it. She doesn't refer herself as a 'tool' anymore. She became 'human'.

So I guess we're going back to her adventures then. And it's foreshadowed that the Hijacking Arc will be adapted. I guess it'll be the last one or two episodes.

SalmonSandwich said:

God I REALLY hope they do since it would really be undercutting everything they did last episode and this episode. The novel made it blatant from the beginning of the flashback but in the anime they were really careful to remove any elements of it.

They already hinted that Gilbert could be

For novel readers

I honestly think flying letters still has great significance, even after Dietfried introduction in ep 5, and even if the adaptation decides to have

SalmonSandwichMar 7, 2018 9:51 PM
Mar 7, 2018 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
if this was a movie....it would totally have ended here. beautiful
Mar 7, 2018 9:56 PM

Jan 2017
SalmonSandwich said:
Shineee_ said:
I loved this episode. They showed how Violet suffered from knowing that Major is 'dead' and also showed how she stood up again, face her burn marks and come to accept it. She doesn't refer herself as a 'tool' anymore. She became 'human'.

So I guess we're going back to her adventures then. And it's foreshadowed that the Hijacking Arc will be adapted. I guess it'll be the last one or two episodes.

They already hinted that Gilbert could be

For novel readers

I honestly think flying letters still has great significance, even after Dietfried introduction in ep 5, and even if the adaptation decides to have

That also works too.

I forgot that lol. Now that I remember it, I'd like to see it adapted. But I can't imagine what they'll do with the remaining episodes as others said, it's like the ending episode.

I want Chapter 2 and 3 and 10 to be adapted :( But don't you think it'll lose its impact? Isn't those stories serve as like development for Violet?

Also about the train

Mar 7, 2018 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone noticed Violet's journey started out of desperation to know the meaning of "I love you." and those very words became her salvation? If it weren't for those words, she wouldn't have become an Auto Memoir Doll. By becoming a Doll, she learned so many things than just the meaning of "I love you."

It started so simple and I actually had this on the back of my mind that how far they can actually carry the story just based on Violet finding the meaning of those few, albeit profound words yet it ended up becoming a truly memorable story of an emotionless animal-like girl finding her humanity.

This time Violet will truly become a Doll. Not just to know the meaning of the words she was so desperate to know about but in her way to find salvation by bringing people together with her new set of hands that replaced the bloodstained hands – hands those took away the hopes and promises of so many in the past.

This anime just upped every single winter anime this season by this single episode. There is a reason why they chose to give the title of this episode [Violet Evergarden] because it truly marked a significant point of the story. At this point, it won't be a stretch to think that the remaining 5 episodes will be After Story following Violet truly embracing humanity and becoming a Doll not just in work but in heart.

As for Gilbert being alive or not, I find it funny how would Gilbert being shown alive make everything pointless for the development Violet had gone through? She still had to go through the painful experience of losing something that meant the world to her, overcoming her sadness and finding new reason to live on, no? How does her experience get negated in the odd chance that Gilbert is shown alive later?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 7, 2018 10:05 PM

Dec 2014
that was too much of an emotional filled episode...I almost let out a tear.... an awesome series
Mar 7, 2018 10:10 PM

Mar 2013
Shineee_ said:
SalmonSandwich said:

That also works too.

I forgot that lol. Now that I remember it, I'd like to see it adapted. But I can't imagine what they'll do with the remaining episodes as others said, it's like the ending episode.

I want Chapter 2 and 3 and 10 to be adapted :( But don't you think it'll lose its impact? Isn't those stories serve as like development for Violet?

Also about the train

I honestly think it would have more impact but I could see how you can feel it doesn't.

Yeah the finale does lose some of its impact if
Who wouldn't want to see Violet go action mode one last time haha :P.

Honestly they could go all anime original from here on as well. I wouldn't be surprised xD
SalmonSandwichMar 7, 2018 10:22 PM
Mar 7, 2018 11:00 PM

May 2015
So the shot from the previous episode came from the front, and those two soldiers were behind them...must have been a stray bullet...And Violet's arms...one was shot off clean, and the other just slipped off...uhh...ok...

Ok...the music during Violet's emotional breakdown is lit...Dem Violins...Somebody find the OST for that.

And her trying to kill herself? That scene so reminds me of a certain episode in Cross Ange...

Heels are for MEN!

"I realize that receiving a letter makes one very happy." Not always Violet. Not always...

First few minutes were a little eh, but the rest of the episode was great. It hurts, but you have to move on. So keep stepping forward Violet.

Honestly, the series could have ended here, and I would have been fine with it. So what would they be planning for the rest of the series?
Mar 8, 2018 12:52 AM

Aug 2013
This episode hit me in the feels man. Wow. So...this felt way too much like a finale as opposed to just being the 9th episode with 5 more left to go. In fact, this does feel like a good place to end it in a way but hey, let's see what the 5 eps left have to say.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 8, 2018 1:25 AM
Oct 2015
This episode was the best episode by far, even though in terms of art and animation it is comparable to the average episodes but the emotional development by Violet and the OSTs made it that much better especially the reflection that was made by Violet's actions as a ghostwriter to her clients.
Heckle was here...
Mar 8, 2018 2:34 AM
Apr 2017
After 9 episode still didn't find this show particularly interesting...
Just imo, don't be trigger
Mar 8, 2018 2:43 AM

Jan 2016
One of the most powerful and well-made anime episodes of all time. Yes. I'm not exaggerating. This whole episode was put together in a way that made you reflect on Violet's journey as a whole.

Violet's VA deserves a reward for that performance, one of the best crying moments I've seen. So many feelings conveyed in her voice, brilliant! Going from depression, to self-reflection, to suicide thoughts, again self-reflection and then finally asking if it's OK for her to even live!
Mar 8, 2018 2:50 AM
Dec 2008
This episode was salvaged by Violet's god tier voice acting and the transition towards the ending. Otherwise too melodramatic, cheesy and awkward.
Mar 8, 2018 3:05 AM

Jun 2010
gnodab said:
This episode was salvaged by Violet's god tier voice acting and the transition towards the ending. Otherwise too melodramatic, cheesy and awkward.

it's fine if you didn't like the ep but god damn is it annoying when people use words they clearly don't understand
Mar 8, 2018 3:50 AM
Dec 2008
i know what i said thank you very much.
Mar 8, 2018 3:50 AM
Jan 2016
The lightning for this show in night time is really bad for some reason, however in the daytime sequence or near fire looks algoods. I really wished this show had alot more depth though, The majority of this episodes works is due to Kyoani. the subtle moments with raindrops on the clothes, gust of wind, people in the background has actually designed..... Some of the digital was just jaw-dropping to say the least. However not so much the script, this probably the best episode of the series but still the sounds sync was werid especially 2nd half. If alot of these character that violet talked to acted more human ( cause character driven story) and violet slowly starts to get feeling like she did in this show i think that been way more effective. When i watch something like Monster the episode that have nothing related to the plot, just a side story some of the characters just felt so real its really a shame. With just a better script and improve the lighting for night this would have been great. However atm its just good.
Mar 8, 2018 3:55 AM
Mar 2018
You must read the light novel if you don"t satisfied with the ending. Seriously but I found out the light novel one really makes me shed tears than the anime. But, overall the anime is so cool. With the superb background and wonderful characters is really make this anime worth watching. I give 9.5 point for this. :)
Mar 8, 2018 4:10 AM

Aug 2015
That felt like an ending, why is there another 5 episodes
Mar 8, 2018 4:11 AM

Oct 2014
Haruna_hanasaki said:
You must read the light novel if you don"t satisfied with the ending.

Anime is anime. Manga is manga. LN is LN. and so far and so forth.
Your sentence is the downfall of many anime.

LN is beautiful, yeah, though.
That's why it's worth feeling disappointed, of this adaptation.
It's never going to be as good as what was overhyped, yeah,
but I think we agree here that the plot here loses a bit of its power, due to... lots of issues.
Mar 8, 2018 4:11 AM
Jun 2015
Honestly, the explanation of he backstory felt really underwhelming. It's kinda just "the bad guys are really bad" (eg: yeah just use this orphan little girl as a weapon and just throw her in a ditch after you're done) and the way she loses her arms doesn't really make sense. She gets shot in the arm (which is very unlikely to ever chop an arm off) and then a grenade takes the other one, which doesn't make much more sense. We didn't really need further explanation on how Violet became a soldier, how she loses her arms and how Major died, but:

- for the soldier part, they don't really explain it. They just say she's super strong without further explanation, which takes away from the immersion and realism. After all, they could've just said she was normal and forced to serve for the army behind Major, it didn't really add anything tot he story that's she's a ninja. Also is there a point in making the guys who forced her into the army that heartless? That's just stupidly heartless, they could've just said "I know it feels bad but she's a real asset on the battlefield", but no, instead she's treated like cannon fodder when she's a superhero ninja.

- for the arms part, they explain it, but they really shouldn't have. It's lame and we don't really care. Could've just said she lost them in the last battle and that's it.

- for Major's death, more of the same. He died in battle next to Violet. That's enough to justify the trauma. But instead, they make him just stand there wide open in a rooftop and get shot.

The development of the characters is pretty on point though. Violet learns and all, the other characters develop etc. It's pretty cheesy and nothing amazing but the art and the soundtrack really sells it and makes it great. Although I have a feeling that if you bingewatch the series you'll probably get tired of the over the top emotional reactions from the characters.
Mar 8, 2018 4:34 AM

Jul 2012
That was predictable for the most part, but still pretty good. Very emotional episode, especially last 5+ minutes, and the music this time was beatiful! + think it's quite nice that all the characters/stories were shown. Still 5 episodes, wonder what's going to happen there?!
Mar 8, 2018 4:51 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was amazing, feels throughout.
Mar 8, 2018 5:01 AM
Jan 2017
this made me cry a little bit
Mar 8, 2018 5:22 AM
Jun 2016
what the name ending song like sems legit btw

*sorry for bad grammar :)
Mar 8, 2018 5:32 AM
Mar 2016
What about the other soldier that they killed just like that.
In wars, winners tell the story. No matter how ugly it is, they can make it beautiful.
Happy watching
Mar 8, 2018 5:34 AM

Sep 2017
HOW TO GIVE A "SCORE 10"??? HOLY SHIT THAT EPISODE WAS INCREDIBLE
Mar 8, 2018 5:37 AM

Jan 2017
well, that was an interesting episode -even if there was some cringy crying scene by violet... oooh, but this is runnung deep; i feel so sorry for violet. everything has just awry for her.

you know when violet was looking at 'violets?' i realised that the main group of girls have a plant as their name which are:
-violet
-iris
-erica
-cattleya
-and quite possibly luculia* ('cause she or her brother have shown up more often than not).
*=luculia is named after a plant, but i said quite possibly since she does not
appear as often as the others.

P.S.
i write this knowing that it may actually be some pointless information everyone already knows.

who's this? i dont recognise him. (is it gilber? no, i cant be, can it? im at a loss with this -WHY DO THEY GIVE A SIDE VIEW)

Mar 8, 2018 5:44 AM

Feb 2017
The emotion not so strong, but it was great episode. The direction they use is perfect.
I dont mind if later Gilbert appear alive, but they must make a good approach for it.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 8, 2018 5:48 AM

Feb 2018
I swear, I just about banged my head, thinking this was the last episode...

But, it really was a nice episode...

those emotions really made me cry ;-;
Mar 8, 2018 5:49 AM

Feb 2018
tambi33 said:
well, that was an interesting episode -even if there was some cringy crying scene by violet... oooh, but this is runnung deep; i feel so sorry for violet. everything has just awry for her.

you know when violet was looking at 'violets?' i realised that the main group of girls have a plant as their name which are:
-violet
-iris
-erica
-cattleya
-and quite possibly luculia* ('cause she or her brother have shown up more often than not).

P.S.
i write this knowing that it may actually be some pointless information everyone already knows.

who's this? i dont recognise him. (is it gilber? no, i cant be, can it? im at a loss with this -WHY DO THEY GIVE A SIDE VIEW)

He is that guy from the obvservatory..... remember episode 6? Yeah, that's him..
Mar 8, 2018 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
Although it felt like a final episode, the feels were incredibly strong throughout. It got me shedding tears multiple times too. T_T

It was nerve wracking to see Violet going through all of the emotions. From the intense anger and worry during the flashback, to the heartbreaking sadness and crying as she struggled to get a hold of herself. When she tried to strangle herself, it left me speechless for a moment, but she thankfully didn't follow through in the suicide attempt right there in her room.

Hodgins and the rest were worried and they played a very good part in helping Violet to get back on her feet, especially the kind old postal man whose words to her were very reassuring and kind.

Same goes for the letter to Violet as well, which made the last 5 minutes very impactful. Animation, soundtrack, voice acting, the lot. I don't rate shows when they're airing, but if I did, I'll rate it a 9 thanks to this episode. =)

The only problem now is with 5 episodes left to go, I wonder where the story is going to go. Maybe an After Story route? Who knows, but I hope the last 5 episodes are really good.
Mar 8, 2018 6:54 AM
Apr 2016
No, it is not over yet! They still employ children soldiers. Someone has to slap them some, and that is why there are three more episodes. Now the part I have been waiting for begins.
Re:formed
Mar 8, 2018 7:10 AM

Dec 2017
Oh, geez, the entire time watching the episode, I had goosebumps. my heart just swelled by the last few minutes starting when Violet stepped forward. I can't believe there are only five episodes left.
looking for something?

Mar 8, 2018 7:10 AM

Jan 2017
TheInspiredConj said:
tambi33 said:

-violet
-iris
-erica
-cattleya

P.S.

He is that guy from the obvservatory..... remember episode 6? Yeah, that's him..
TheInspiredConj said:
tambi33 said:

-violet
-iris
-erica
-cattleya

P.S.

oh yeah, he was such a salad of a character... i had already forgotten him XDXD
Mar 8, 2018 7:36 AM

Aug 2017
Does anyone know what the OST at 13:00 is called? It already appeared a few times but I just can’t figure it out
Mar 8, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 2015
Ok this episode is kinda tough for me tbh. I feel like it is a really nice Jekyll and Hyde episode.

On one hand I can see that the last 5 minutes of the Episode were kinda good. They finally tried to tie back in all of the previous episodes and give them purpose. Also seeing Violet finally crack was also overdue. Also they gave Violet a personal connection to the letters and make her move on. Still the whole letter delivery didn't made me as emotional as the postmen episode from the 2nd Season of Aria.(Probably cause at this point I grew too cold for this show.)

I mean let's start of with my biggest complain which ties into my Violet Evergarden feels like a B-Tier stage play.
I mean in a sense I can see the stage directions so easily in the first 5 minutes.

First Gilbert gets shot in the eye (non-lethal)
Then Violet runs towards him and shoots on of the attackers.
Attacker 2 leaves the stage out of fear.
Violet tries to pull Glibert to safty.
Attacker 3 appears and fires one bullet at Violet.
She gets hit and her arm falls of.
Gilbert kills Attacker 3.
Attacker 2 enters back on the stage and throws a grenade.
Explosion.
Next Set: Violet is seen losing her arm Gilbert on the ground.
Etc.

It just feels so inorganic.
Besides that it does try to include the most amount of drama, while skipping over the logic. I can see why people think that is beautiful, but for me it completly breaks the immersion.

I mean why do none of the enemy soldiers try to escape when they notice that they get bombed by their own side ?

Why does the 3rd Attacker shoot Violets arm, when he has a steady aim, is a trained soldier and has a slow moving target in front of him ?
Why does he only fire one shot at her ? Was he on his last bullet or something ?
I mean in comparison Gilbert pulled of a deadly shot with one eye from the same distance and he needed to shot fast.
Also how did Violet get to a safe space, while carrying Gilbert ? I mean she only noticed the grenade when it hit the ground right behind her. Also the explosion radius wasn't that small.
Besides that how exactly did Violet lose her arm from that explosions ? Normal explosions blast of the arm, yet it looks like it was cut off. Even if it would have been a fragmentation grenade there should have still been some splitters in her arm from that.

All those things sound small on paper. Yet if you notice those they break the immersion badly and the scene loses it's serious nature.
I mean you could compare it to the first scene from Guilty Crown where Robots that had a target system couldn't hit/capture a single girl that was running away from them.

That is only one of my problems the rest involve the construct of the show as a whole, but going into detail with that would take a bit longer. ^^
BlueSkylarkMar 8, 2018 7:51 AM
Mar 8, 2018 7:47 AM

Apr 2016
Kamereon-senpai said:
Honestly, the explanation of he backstory felt really underwhelming. It's kinda just "the bad guys are really bad" (eg: yeah just use this orphan little girl as a weapon and just throw her in a ditch after you're done) and the way she loses her arms doesn't really make sense. She gets shot in the arm (which is very unlikely to ever chop an arm off) and then a grenade takes the other one, which doesn't make much more sense. We didn't really need further explanation on how Violet became a soldier, how she loses her arms and how Major died, but:

- for the soldier part, they don't really explain it. They just say she's super strong without further explanation, which takes away from the immersion and realism. After all, they could've just said she was normal and forced to serve for the army behind Major, it didn't really add anything tot he story that's she's a ninja. Also is there a point in making the guys who forced her into the army that heartless? That's just stupidly heartless, they could've just said "I know it feels bad but she's a real asset on the battlefield", but no, instead she's treated like cannon fodder when she's a superhero ninja.

- for the arms part, they explain it, but they really shouldn't have. It's lame and we don't really care. Could've just said she lost them in the last battle and that's it.

- for Major's death, more of the same. He died in battle next to Violet. That's enough to justify the trauma. But instead, they make him just stand there wide open in a rooftop and get shot.

The development of the characters is pretty on point though. Violet learns and all, the other characters develop etc. It's pretty cheesy and nothing amazing but the art and the soundtrack really sells it and makes it great. Although I have a feeling that if you bingewatch the series you'll probably get tired of the over the top emotional reactions from the characters.

At least they got rid of the huge battle axe. That would've made it worse...

BlueSkylark said:
I mean let's start of with my biggest complain which ties into my Violet Evergarden feels like a B-Tier stage play.
I mean in a sense I can see the stage directions so easily in the first 5 minutes.

First Gilbert gets shot in the eye (non-lethal)
Then Violet runs towards him and shoots on of the attackers.
Attacker 2 leaves the stage out of fear.
Violet tries to pull Glibert to safty.
Attacker 3 appears and fires one bullet at Violet.
She gets hit and her arm falls of.
Gilbert kills Attacker 3.
Attacker 2 enters back on the stage and throws a grenade.
Explosion.
Next Set: Violet is seen losing her arm Gilbert on the ground.
Etc.

It just feels so inorganic.
Besides that it does try to include the most amount of drama, while skipping over the logic. I can see why people think that is beautiful, but for me it completly breaks the immersion.

I mean why do none of the enemy soldiers try to escape when they notice that they get bombed by their own side ?

Why does the 3rd Attacker shoot Violets arm, when he has a steady aim, is a trained soldier and has a slow moving target in front of him ?
Why does he only fire one shot at her ? Was he on his last bullet or something ?
I mean in comparison Gilbert pulled of a deadly shot with one eye from the same distance and he needed to shot fast.
Also how did Violet get to a safe space, while carrying Gilbert ? I mean she only noticed the grenade when it hit the ground right behind her. Also the explosion radius wasn't that small.
Besides that how exactly did Violet lose her arm from that explosions ? Normal explosions blast of the arm, yet it looks like it was cut off. Even if it would have been a fragmentation grenade there should have still been some splitters in her arm from that.

All those things sound small on paper. Yet if you notice those they break the immersion badly and the scene loses it's serious nature.
I mean you could compare it to the first scene from Guilty Crown where Robots that had a target system couldn't hit/capture a single girl that was running away from them.

Couldn't agree more. The execution of battle scenes has been pretty poor compared to the novel.

If you're interested, I can tell you how things had taken place in the novel.

I personally think the novel version is a bit better, but then again using the battle-axe is a bit too much... I'd be glad to hear your feedback.
Major_GilbertMar 8, 2018 8:39 AM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 8, 2018 7:48 AM

Sep 2014
This episode is my favorite so far. The music insert towards the end was pretty good.
Mar 8, 2018 8:23 AM

May 2017
GreenEmu said:
SalmonSandwich said:

God I REALLY hope they do since it would really be undercutting everything they did last episode and this episode. The novel made it blatant from the beginning of the flashback but in the anime they were really careful to remove any elements of it.

Given that we have five more episodes, I doubt it.

Mar 8, 2018 8:24 AM

Feb 2015
I wanted to stay positive but somehow this series managed to put me off with this episode.
As a person who is really sensitive to drama, I just watched the whole ep with straight face.
It would be the worst one so far if not Benedict and his shoes.

still 2/5
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Mar 8, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
tambi33 said:
I write this knowing that it may actually be some pointless information everyone already knows.

Pointless at this point since it was discussed earlier. It's not just Luculia and the Dolls working at CH Postal.

Iberis and Bluebell (Violet and Luculia's classmates), Rhodanthe (their teacher in Doll's school), Stephanotis (Leon's surname, the boy from the Observatory), Bougainvillea (Gilbert's surname), Alberta (the maid of the Princess which is otherwise known as wild rose country), Blue (Benedict's surname which is from Georgia Blue) are all named after or related to flowers.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 8, 2018 8:42 AM

Apr 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
how many chapters did the anime cover so far?

Episode 1: Chapter 8
Episode 2: Original
Episode 3: Original
Episode 4: Original
Episode 5: Original
Episode 6: Chapter 4
Episode 7: Chapter 1
Episode 8: Part of Chapter 6
Episode 9: Rest of Chapter 6

Even if I say that some episodes have adapted certain chapters, some original content has always been added.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 8, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
How can this anime be so damn beautiful??
Mar 8, 2018 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
This anime just keeps getting better and better. I still can't get over the scene when Violet tries to kill herself...

Still, this whole episode felt like a conclusion to Violet's story. Wonder what will happen in the next few episodes.
Mar 8, 2018 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
Vioelt with ptsd but the heartfelt letters save her from her sadness and self grieve :'(
Mar 8, 2018 9:37 AM

Dec 2016
Wow, I can not watch Violet Evergarden and I do not feel this whirlwind of feelings, the way they developed her story is very good! And I can not deny that there are times when I feel "burning."

Nossa não consigo assistir Violet Evergarden e não sentir esse turbilhão de sentimentos, a forma como desenvolveram a historia dela esta muito boa! E não posso negar que há momentos em que me sinto "queimando".
Mar 8, 2018 9:42 AM

Aug 2015
Major_Gilbert said:

Couldn't agree more. The execution of battle scenes has been pretty poor compared to the novel.

If you're interested, I can tell you how things had taken place in the novel.

I personally think the novel version is a bit better, but then again using the battle-axe is a bit too much... I'd be glad to hear your feedback.

Thanks that you took the time to look up the novel part of it. It really could have fixed a lot of my issues I had especially with the baretta part and that there was no grenade.
The battle ax is a bit strange, but it would fit Violets combat style more than a normal gun. ^^'

It feels like KyoAni is the one to blame them. aka the same director that screwed up Kyoukai no Kanata. -__-
Mar 8, 2018 11:04 AM

Dec 2009
That messed me up. Then the music kicked in at the end and I was a wreck.

I wonder how they will continue from here. It seems as if her primary conflict has been resolved. So the last 5 episodes has to be some concluding arc. Hope it lives up to what has been established with Violet now that she has resolved to live on.
Mar 8, 2018 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't like how the first half of this episode simply felt like there wasn't any point to it. Might as well have been a lot shorter, especially since almost nothing really happened.
Also the scene where she choked herself was really weirdly executed with the music feeling completely out place - an excellent example of a scene that would have worked a lot better with no music at all. That made me realize that this issue with music that's good on its own but not really in tune with the scene is bigger in VE than I admitted so far.

The second half was just fine though. Even though there wasn't a lot going on in this one, it's incredible just how much KyoAni manages to fit into a single episode. Even this episode felt like it was half an hour and pretty much every single other episode urges me to check if it was more than the usual 24 minutes. I think it's simply a well directed show.
removed-userMar 8, 2018 11:51 AM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

616 by Nekogirl27 »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.