Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Zero 2 feeding Hiro. I almost kinda feel bad for Ichigo since by this point, she can't be Hiro's partner.

This episode was much more calmer than some of the others. Not over the top but rather a transition episode since the recent events of the story. In general, pacing slowed down a bit and I'm fine with that.

I gott wonder how they plan to develop Hiro's future. He still has a lot to prove to himself and others.
Stark700Feb 10, 2018 6:55 AM
Feb 10, 2018 6:59 AM
Dec 2017
So many foreshadowings, character development and relationship progression for this episode.

Why do I get the feeling that Hiro is somehow gonna walk the path of Schrade from Aquarion Evol
Feb 10, 2018 7:04 AM

Oct 2015
My body is not ready for what will happen to Hiro. Great interaction between him and 02 in the end of episode. Feeling sad for Ichigo.

And we have the other parasites than those ten characters.
Feb 10, 2018 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
This I think was the best episode of the show so far and not only that one of the best of this season.

Directing was stellar thanks to Noriko Takao showing her prowess. Character acting was incredibly strong, I didn't expect anything less from the experienced team at A-1.

This episode did a ton for the world building but especially the characters, they managed to put a lot of scenes into this that warm you up to everyone but boy did they drop the ball on us in several ways this episode.

Seems like 02 & Hiro's relationship is A LOT more destructive than we thought and since Hiro has nothing to loose he will go all the way it seems. I'm ready for this downward spiral of insanity.
FappaFeb 10, 2018 7:18 AM
Feb 10, 2018 7:12 AM

Nov 2009
That part at the end with Hiro/Zero Two was kind of disturbing imo, great episode overall though and whatever is going on with Hiro's body is pretty severe looking to say the least.
Feb 10, 2018 7:20 AM
Jun 2014
Hope that this doesn't end like
my heart won't take it again...

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.
KuuroOct 31, 2020 11:45 PM
Feb 10, 2018 7:29 AM

Apr 2013

So 02 is devilman after all
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Feb 10, 2018 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
Sweet, so now Hiro had Dino AIDS. I guess this anime is actually a cautionary tale of how you shouldn't "pilot" with whores.
Feb 10, 2018 7:46 AM

May 2013
So after watching the raw I assume Hiro won't have a long live will he? Man I knew that series will get serious and depressing sometime but not so fast we aren't halfway through the first cour wtf
Feb 10, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Why the hell does this feels like because zero two had a lot of OTHER guys RIDE her that she's sick and whoever RIDES with her gets HIV/AIDS.

The interactions between characters were great compared to the earlier eps, and Hiro's really determined to RIDE her again even if it means possible death.. gotta admire that, he really has something he wants to do.

The adorable scene from the prev ep completely got fuckng nullified, while true that Zero Two probably does like Hiro, tho from the looks of it she doesnt give 2 shits if he dies, she has... mental problems, well a lot of them actually but Zero Two stands out, this is what happens when you let different guys get on top of you, so girls, dont be like Zero Two.
Feb 10, 2018 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
Damn this ep was GOOD. I wonder if Hiro is going to overcome this. Maybe death is the only option. (I hope not)

I really like the relationship between Hiro and Zero Two despite it being so calamitous. They're such a good match. That feeding part was so cute.
Feb 10, 2018 7:52 AM
Jun 2014
CodeKeima said:
So after watching the raw I assume Hiro won't have a long live will he? Man I knew that series will get serious and depressing sometime but not so fast we aren't halfway through the first cour wtf

Maybe he Will become some kind of hybrid? Something like tatsumi From Akame ga kill. Or they Will pull an ass pull with a deus ex machina healing shit From zero two
Feb 10, 2018 8:02 AM

Apr 2015
-Stray said:
Why the hell does this feels like because zero two had a lot of OTHER guys RIDE her that she's sick and whoever RIDES with her gets HIV/AIDS.

Not really, it's simple. They said she has Klaxosaur blood in her veins, then they talked about how 02 shouldn't be around the pilots because they could be "tainted".
And this episode they said that Hiro shows an increasing amount of yellow blood cells. He's infected with a virus ( Kiss of death ) that will most likely lead to him transforming into a hybrid similar to 02 since we know both can't be without each other from the meaning behind Strelitzia and the bird motif.
Feb 10, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2014
5/5 is not enough to convey how good this episode is...

Bravo for Noriko Takao, this is beyond god-like. Best episode in term of quality and writing so far.

Also shout out to the PA Shota Umehara who assembled the animation team. The entire episode is filled with god-like animation, I'm literally crying right now T^T
Feb 10, 2018 8:17 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:
-Stray said:

Not really, it's simple. They said she has Klaxosaur blood in her veins, then they talked about how 02 shouldn't be around the pilots because they could be "tainted".
And this episode they said that Hiro shows an increasing amount of yellow blood cells. He's infected with a virus ( Kiss of death ) that will most likely lead to him transforming into a hybrid similar to 02 since we know both can't be without each other from the meaning behind Strelitzia and the bird motif.

That was a metaphor about how it felt like what I said because this show reeks of sexual advances.
Even the gates closing felt like something sexual.
Feb 10, 2018 8:17 AM

May 2013
So to really be able to live and fly together the two persons must be of the same "kind" that's why it seems Zero Two wants to turn Hiro into a hydrid like her. Man that's frightening somehow but it makes sense after thinking about it (Hiro with horns confirmed).

So in the end she chose him in episode 1 and decided to infect him with the kiss because Hiro was the first one she ever met who had nothing to loose in his life and was literally "empty". And man whatever Zero Two plans to do with him it will be one hell of a ride that shakes up the world.
TheIsOtakuFeb 10, 2018 8:21 AM
Feb 10, 2018 8:19 AM

Feb 2018
YOOOOOOO HE HAS DINOAIDS AND SHE DOESNT CAREE, YOOOO THIS IS NOT OK
Feb 10, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2007
Incredible episode. This episode covered a lot than I thought it would.

We have a lot of complex emotions thrown into this and especially 015's and 056's. I can really understand 015 snapping out the way 002 responded as if she didn't care about 016's life and kept on sprouting nonsense that 016 belongs to her. I have to say 002 can definitely perceived as a Partner Killer. But we cannot also forget that she is not a human.

056's stance was fantastically handled as well. The best part was his reaction when 016 said to keep the condition of his body even from 015, who cared so much for 016.

What scares me most not just 016's deteriorating (or rather I would say decomposing the way it looked) body but how he seems to be giving away everything just to find a meaning to his life. Also, I think another important thing was how 26th doesn't have or heard of grown-up pilots when asked by 666 on their side which makes me believe the Children are really disposed of at some point. Which is also why 7 and 8 are so secretive.

5/5
shanimebibFeb 10, 2018 8:41 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 10, 2018 8:24 AM

Feb 2018
CodeKeima said:
So to really be able to live and fly together the two persons must be of the same "kind" that's why it seems Zero Two wants to turn Hiro into a hydrid like her. Man that's frightening somehow but it makes sense after thinking about it (Hiro with horns confirmed).

So in the end she chose him in episode 1 and decided to infect him with the kiss because Hiro was the first one she ever met who had nothing to loose in his life and was literally "empty". And man whatever Zero Two plans to do with him it will be one hell of a ride that shakes up the world.

Thats like a pretty selfish thing to do, but it seems that she only cares about herself soo...
Feb 10, 2018 8:46 AM

Nov 2007
Stark700 said:
He still has a lot to prove to himself and others.

He has nothing to prove anymore. Basically everyone admitted that he was the real man of the show from the earlier incident. You'll know when you watch it with subtitles.
Coronavirus.
Feb 10, 2018 8:48 AM
Aug 2017
Episode was fine, they need to focus on other characters better as Goro an Ichigo get the most screen time out of the characters that aren't Hiro or 002. I hope they go with the idea that 002 is a toxic person as I've never found any of her behavior positive. otherwise this episode was ok didn't really change my opinion that this show is below average but i'm no longer constantly angry at the characters. maybe I've just gotten used to them.
Feb 10, 2018 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
Hibaena said:

Thats like a pretty selfish thing to do, but it seems that she only cares about herself soo...

I don't think so. He made pretty clear that his sole wish is to pilot as that's he was taught from when he was born. He also made clear that if he can't pilot he's as good as dead anyway ( Hinting that pilots who can't find a partner are being disposed off for which we get more hints this episode too ).

So in that sense his options were to be a failure and be disposed off in some manner or take the risk of dying eventually but at least fulfill his purpose in life. Zero Two saw his lingering wish and she granted it to him even if it means that he'll loose his life for it.

In fact what I think is going here is that since the other partners haven't shown symptoms like him, 02 is actually trying to help him in some way by transforming him. It would allow him to do what he wants without dying or live long enough to escape with her from this rotten society.
FappaFeb 10, 2018 9:13 AM
Feb 10, 2018 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
kammie7 said:
Episode was fine, they need to focus on other characters better as Goro an Ichigo get the most screen time out of the characters that aren't Hiro or 002. I hope they go with the idea that 002 is a toxic person as I've never found any of her behavior positive. otherwise this episode was ok didn't really change my opinion that this show is below average but i'm no longer constantly angry at the characters. maybe I've just gotten used to them.

Bold:
I want to quote Hayami Saori from the animatetimes interview, which is translated by the blog seiyuuplus:

Hayami: Personally, hmm…a lot of things do go through my mind – there’s not a ‘method’ to playing the role as Kokoro-chan’s quite the multifaceted character. All of the others are like that as well, but she’s one who makes it fairly visible. When I saw a first glimpse of that (in an episode that’s yet to come), I came to see parts of her that were not in the original character setting – ‘contradiction’ is what came to mind.
It is obvious that there are conflicts within her heart; what she says is not the same as what she thinks, and that very human nature of hers makes her do things that will make viewers question ‘why does she do that?’.

Each partnership has an episode dedicated to them – while there are pairings that move slowly, there are others that speed ahead and yet others that may veer off to the right.

The second pharagraph should answer your concerns. They will get around it, at their own pace. Not the viewer's pace. I get it some people demand the other characters get better highlights and development. They will, don't worry about it. Just enjoy the show, you got 24 episodes. What's with the hurry?

Also, the first pharagraph is really interesting. What Mitsuru said kinda implied Kokoro is multifaceted. Not what I would call as 'haraguro', but she's pacifist indeed. And she rarely shows her intention to further complicate the situation. She always trying to calm down other people, help other people, but who knows what she truly felt and thinks...

Also, Hayami said this too:
Hayami: Also, I want you to pay attention to the interactions between Kokoro and Futoshi. There’s gonna be a lot of stuff that happens in the future (laughs)
Hayami: Also, pay attention to Kokoro and Mitsuru.

I saw someone noticed it too from the PV, and the 4koma manga kinda showed that Kokoro has been assertively trying to make the distance between her and Mitsuru closer.

Not necessarily emotion such as love or romantic feelings.
But maybe because she finds Mitsuru is the complete opposite of her.

Mitsuru will not hesitate to pursue his own ambition to surpass Hiro even if it against his own partner, he's selfish, and kind be really childish. Something that Kokoro doesn't have in herself.

Maybe that's why Hayami said to pay attention to their relationship.

Also, other Voice Actor have said same thing about Mitsuru's characters. Goro's VA finds Mitsuru really interesting and would be fun to voice his character. Shizuka Ishigami (Ikuno's VA) also said Mitsuru will at some point did something that makes himself cornered by his squad/friends.

And hopefully he will redeem himself later.

The full translated interviews could be found here:
https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/category/anime/darling-in-the-franxx/
kyuudereFeb 10, 2018 9:19 AM
Feb 10, 2018 9:10 AM

May 2013
Fappa said:

I don't think so. He made pretty clear that his sole wish is to pilot as that's he was taught from when he was born. He also made clear that if he can't pilot he's as good as dead anyway ( Hinting that pilots who can't find a partner are being disposed of for which we get more hints this episode too ).

So in that sense his options were to be a failure and be disposed of in some manner or take the risk of dying eventually but at least fulfill his purpose in life. Zero Two saw his lingering wish and she granted it to him even if it means that he'll loose his life for it.

In fact what I think is going here is that since the other partners haven't shown symptoms like him, 02 is actually trying to help him in some way by transforming him. It would allow him to do what he wants without dying or live long enough to escape with him from this rotten society.

How you say it sounds like Hiro meeting Zero Two and earning her interest in him was the "golden opportunity" or the chance of his life to change his predistined existence. But to get to the point to change not only his own destiny but the destiny of probably all other children he first needs walk a hard path. However Hiro's future will be and what he will be able to achieve then I think he was very lucky to meet Two and I'm sure at the moment she appears like a demon to all but for Hiro she is an angel because of her pulling him out this shitty life.
Feb 10, 2018 9:17 AM
Aug 2017
kyuudere said:
kammie7 said:

Bold:
I want to quote Hayami Saori from the animatetimes interview, which is translated by the blog seiyuuplus:

Hayami: Personally, hmm…a lot of things do go through my mind – there’s not a ‘method’ to playing the role as Kokoro-chan’s quite the multifaceted character. All of the others are like that as well, but she’s one who makes it fairly visible. When I saw a first glimpse of that (in an episode that’s yet to come), I came to see parts of her that were not in the original character setting – ‘contradiction’ is what came to mind.
It is obvious that there are conflicts within her heart; what she says is not the same as what she thinks, and that very human nature of hers makes her do things that will make viewers question ‘why does she do that?’.

Each partnership has an episode dedicated to them – while there are pairings that move slowly, there are others that speed ahead and yet others that may veer off to the right.

The second pharagraph should answer your concerns. They will get around it, at their own pace. Not the viewer's pace. I get it some people demand the other characters get better highlights and development. They will, don't worry about it. Just enjoy the show, you got 24 episodes. What's with the hurry?

Also, the first pharagraph is really interesting. What Mitsuru said kinda implied Kokoro is multifaceted. Not what I would call as 'haraguro', but she's pacifist indeed. And she rarely shows her intention to further complicate the situation. She always trying to calm down other people, help other people, but who knows what she truly felt and thinks...

Also, Hayami said this too:

I'm already aware of this but if you spend 25% or more of the series with most of the cast being uninteresting then i think there is a problem. the wait and see approach only goes so far and many shows fall into the trap of pushing things back because they have more episodes. Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul did this and worse for it. This show also doesn't have enough going on to warrant the amount of episodes it has so far imo.
Feb 10, 2018 9:26 AM

Feb 2014
kammie7 said:

I'm already aware of this but if you spend 25% or more of the series with most of the cast being uninteresting then i think there is a problem. the wait and see approach only goes so far and many shows fall into the trap of pushing things back because they have more episodes. Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul did this and worse for it. This show also doesn't have enough going on to warrant the amount of episodes it has so far imo.

Noted, I have added some new part in my previous comment.

I would argue the writers have prepared many things in their sleeve to further develop the characters.

I mean, have you seen the real antagonist of this show yet? Aside from APE itself, we still have not seen the nine which is supposed to be some kind of threat to the plantation 13 squad. We will get it at some point, as the writers keep expandind the world building.

Also, isn't the point of enjoying original anime is to get yourslef entertained and surprised? I kinda get that some people DON'T enjoy the show because many things that they can't bear in the early few episodes. But that's not the show's fault.

Also, we don't need guarantee. That way is more interesting.
Feb 10, 2018 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
Yes Hiro... good... very good... join the dark side accept the kyoryu blood. Your transformation is almost complete.

Feb 10, 2018 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode with some interesting plot points brought up/

So Hiro's condition is definitely worsening, there was a little bit about how his condition was the polar opposite of what the others who were partnered with Zero-Two had. Does that mean that Hiro is in fact evolving rather than deteriorating like the others before him?

There was also the part where the kid from the other plantation mentioned how the kids don't necessarily grow up. Are they being disposed off or are they being used for something far more sinister? If there's more to the disposal that what it looks like, it might link into why Zero-Two always talks about escaping from this place.

Felt bad for Goro as he struggled with not knowing what to do after seeing Hiro's condition.

Zero Two is definitely trying to flaunt some kind of ownership over Hiro and I can see why that would annoy people.
That scene where her eyes glow red was fantastic.

Final scene with Hiro and Zero Two was my favorite but I can't help but feel a little sad that Hiro's ready to throw his life away.
Feb 10, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
"Ahhhn~" (〃ω〃)(〃ω〃)

Didn't expect them to meet another city so soon. After all the kids are just disposable tools to pilot the mechas. The guys from the 26th more than being mature just know what's up, compared to the oblivious 13th.
The fact that they have personalized mechas is probably due to their different personalies and Papa's gang trying to make use of this by specializing each pair into something.

The battle next week will have so many casualties, the new guys were walking death flags. Hiro is going to have to find a way to survive riding with 02. I wonder if they might go with the route of him becoming an hybrid.
AnathorFeb 10, 2018 9:55 AM
Feb 10, 2018 9:39 AM

Feb 2018
Did anybody else notice the spider qnd the butterfly, could that mean that zero two (the spider) has got hiro (the butterfly) into her trap and is waiting for the moment to feast on her prey?
Feb 10, 2018 9:49 AM
Aug 2017
Nice show, just like real life. The 02 bitch got hiro in alien AIDS and now he can't possibly ride with someone else like for ever. Pussy rules. Go fuck urself ichigo, fucking beta shy bitch. U suck.

I just hope hiro doesn't turn into some kind of ugly shit monster after riding for 3rd time with zero two.
Feb 10, 2018 9:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The transfer of resources from one city to the next is the main role of kissing huh. The ceremony that the adults gave to the pilots sure was grand. Mitsuru is still hung up over the rejection it seems. The news about the lack of adults who were children were interesting though. So Hiro is ready to risk his life if it meant he could be a pilot huh. Ichigo's attempt to make sure Zero followed orders sure provided some interesting results. Without the headband and with he eyes red Zero looks pretty intimidating. Looks like Ichigo is jealous of the fact that Zero succeeded where she failed. The next battle will be a far more dangerous one for Hiro though and a worrying one for Ichigo and Goro.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2018 9:52 AM
Aug 2017
kyuudere said:
kammie7 said:

Noted, I have added some new part in my previous comment.

I would argue the writers have prepared many things in their sleeve to further develop the characters.

I mean, have you seen the real antagonist of this show yet? Aside from APE itself, we still have not seen the nine which is supposed to be some kind of threat to the plantation 13 squad. We will get it at some point, as the writers keep expandind the world building.

Also, isn't the point of enjoying original anime is to get yourslef entertained and surprised? I kinda get that some people DON'T enjoy the show because many things that they can't bear in the early few episodes. But that's not the show's fault.

Also, we don't need guarantee. That way is more interesting.

i agree that there has been some set up for side characters like Mitsuru, Goro and Ichigo but not so much for everyone else. And most of them are still one note as they are now. there's also the problem of no real overarching narrative right now unless you count ichigo and 002 two fighting each-other. i think they've delegated too much time to 002 to the detriment of the other characters episode 1-4 where basically the same point being established over and over again that 002 and hiro belong together and that the people who get in there way are jerks or don't know what they're doing.

i do agree that being surprised is a good thing but not just for the sake of it, also the show is so slow and repetitive that that i can't be surprised by it, and i do believe the show is at fault for that . But when i saw them in this episode imply that the relationship between 002 had with Hiro was toxic i did get interested because it was a direction i thought was appropriate but didn't think the show would go in, so it was a nice surprise for me.

i guess the world building is ok, but nothing impressive. They didn't take long to explain and weren't substantial outside of the first two episodes.
Feb 10, 2018 9:53 AM

Jun 2015
Something very bad is going to happen to Hiro once he pilots with Zero Two the third time. Goro is such a great friend. It goes to show how he really cares about Hiro. Ichigo is so jealous of Zero Two. The poor girl.
Feb 10, 2018 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
So Hiro is slowly becoming a Kyouryuu-human hybrid like 02? Can't wait to see what will happen to him in next episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 10, 2018 9:59 AM

Apr 2017
Am I the only who really thinks that the blue hair girl (not Ichigo, the other) likes girls?
It´s like the 3rd hint that we have that leads towards that, when they were talking about riding with the boys of the 26th group and she said that doesn't really cares about that.
KaiserFGOFeb 10, 2018 10:18 AM
Feb 10, 2018 10:09 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was very good but Ichigo is very annoying, after Hiro will become a sort of hybrid like Zero Two she should give up on him and leave these two alone. I'm not a fan of love triangle but seems is the norm in A-1 shows.

Anyway can't wait the next episode and learn the truth about the virus who infect people who pilot with Zero Two and the rule of the 3 times.

5/5
Feb 10, 2018 10:11 AM

May 2013
Other interesting things:

It seems that all Parasites will reach a point at their age where they are not able to pilot a Franxx anymore and are disposed of, pretty sure about that part.

Our plantation's squad are confirmed noobs, nothing more to say xD

Is Mitsuru suffering some sort of deppression or why is he taking pills?

Zero Two asked Ichigo what's that what Ichigo calls "humans". Think she means the fact that Parasites are all artificial produced or Papa who seems to provide the genes to produce his children isn't human. It simply could mean that Zero Two isn't the real monster here how everyone thinks.

After next big fight we probably will see what Zero Two already asked Hiro: "I can get you out of here".
Feb 10, 2018 10:15 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, glad to see the quality upswing that started last episode following through into this one, the literal story is finally starting to be interesting.

Hmmm... Well, I can't find any reference to "yellow blood cells" as Crunchyroll's subtitles said, so unless I get any indication otherwise I have to operate under the assumption that they were talking about white blood cells... So Zero-Two gave Hiro a nasty STD and his body is fighting it... A lot of people are calling it AIDS/HIV, but doesn't that lower white blood cell count? Of course, I suppose it would also make sense if the count initially went up upon infection as the body tries to fight the infection, then dropped as the virus did its damage. But I don't actually know in that much detail, I'm sort of guessing...

Regardless, I'm getting more curious to see where this is going, and reeeeaaaally hoping they come around to "okay, yeah this Zero-Two girl's kiiiiiiind of a terrible person..."
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 10, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
So, Hiro got AIDS, uuuh? That is what happens when you ride without protection.
Feb 10, 2018 10:18 AM

Apr 2012
I am withering away without episode 6
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 10, 2018 10:19 AM

Jan 2017
I really liked the episode, 5/5 is just... not enough, all the cool theories and "What if" in this thread are just awesome and I share views with all of you comrades, the other characters do need more development, but hey, we got like 20 episodes to get that. About Dino Aids, I really think Hiro will develop some kind of immune resistance to whatever 002 transmitted to him in the next episodes, even if that means Hiro becoming a hybrid just like her, by the way, I do think that what 02 said in the woods was just to hurt Ichigo, 02 is faaar more aware of things like relations, love, sex, kisses, etc than the other kids, Ichigo does not even understand what's wrong with her,what are those new feelings, 02 does and I really like to think, she in fact likes Hiro but said what she said just to further hurt Ichigo, and, confuse her, (She mentioned the failed attempt of Ichigo to pilot with Hiro in Ep2) And the ending was... well, 02 does like Hiro's determination to fly with her... and not only to fly, this show is sex education class, the anime.

Feb 10, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2014
I would most definitely not be surprised if that.....shit on Hiro's chest is supposed to be a metaphor for HIV/AIDS. With all of the sexual imagery and innuendos in this show, that would be the most logical conclusion. Well, I doubt our MC will die this early in the show, so I'm assuming he'll somehow overcome that even after this next ride with 002.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 10, 2018 10:20 AM

Jan 2015
I am really excited for the next episode since so many things happened in this one. Saturday can't come faster
Feb 10, 2018 10:24 AM

Jan 2017
CodeKeima said:

It seems that all Parasites will reach a point at their age where they are not able to pilot a Franxx anymore and are disposed of, pretty sure about that part.

Zero Two asked Ichigo what's that what Ichigo calls "humans". Think she means the fact that Parasites are all artificial produced or Papa who seems to provide the genes to produce his children isn't human. It simply could mean that Zero Two isn't the real monster here how everyone thinks.

After next big fight we probably will see what Zero Two already asked Hiro: "I can get you out of here".

I think 02 was referring to the nature of the parasites and the objectives they have in life, only piloting and nothing else, if they do not pilot, they are equivalent to someone dead, being born in a farm enviroment just to pilot and then grow up or die and becoming dispensable, I think 02 knows how things were before the current state of affairs in this Universe, if that is true then she knows that the "Life" of a parasite is not life actually, that's why she makes all those escape offers to Hiro.

Feb 10, 2018 10:26 AM

Jul 2015
MistLiigh said:
Okay, glad to see the quality upswing that started last episode following through into this one, the literal story is finally starting to be interesting.

Hmmm... Well, I can't find any reference to "yellow blood cells" as Crunchyroll's subtitles said, so unless I get any indication otherwise I have to operate under the assumption that they were talking about white blood cells... So Zero-Two gave Hiro a nasty STD and his body is fighting it... A lot of people are calling it AIDS/HIV, but doesn't that lower white blood cell count? Of course, I suppose it would also make sense if the count initially went up upon infection as the body tries to fight the infection, then dropped as the virus did its damage. But I don't actually know in that much detail, I'm sort of guessing...

Regardless, I'm getting more curious to see where this is going, and reeeeaaaally hoping they come around to "okay, yeah this Zero-Two girl's kiiiiiiind of a terrible person..."

She didn't say yellow blood, just "blood cells", but the screen monitor clearly sees Yellow Blood. Probably Hiro and others are not human also. That's probably what 002 mean when Ichigo slapped her like "You are in no position to say anything about humanity".

Feb 10, 2018 10:26 AM

Sep 2011
CodeKeima said:

I would assume since he rode with Zero-Two, he's probably infected with the same STI affliction as Hiro, which they've made clear Hiro is having an unusual reaction to. Mitsuru's pills are probably meant to manage the more typical symptoms, and they're probably not working well enough for him. They could also just be pain killers, since he was pretty messed up not long at all ago, which would only warrant the attention they got in that scene if his character arc is going to be largely about prescription drug addiction/abuse... but I don't think that would be as interesting, or play as well into the main theory about what's going to happen to Hiro.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 10, 2018 10:27 AM

Feb 2014
EgregorMason said:
Go fuck urself, fucking beta shy bitch. U suck.

Nice, now say it again while you're standing in front of a mirror.

Feb 10, 2018 10:28 AM

Nov 2007
CodeKeima said:

Yep. I am pretty sure the Children are disposed of at some point. That's why there are no adult pilots. It's been pretty obvious that those Papa people don't give shit about the lives of these Children and in this episode, they even showed as far as going as worshiping these Papa people (before they ate).

326 is still suffering from the toll it took on his body. Outwardly he doesn't show it. His character description says he is extremely proud to show any weaknesses.

Perhaps that was 002 challenging 015 as to what is this human that are bound by the rules set by those above them.

Also, I am really interested in 556. She is just too nice so if she snaps, we might get another Hatoko. Incidentally, Hatoko was in another Trigger anime and had a similar role like 556 in this anime.

Also, the Children from 26th already roused their death flags in this episode. Won't be surprised if they get wiped out in the next episode. The character designs and their interactions had death written all over them.

I think the Children of 13th are all awakening special emotions one by one. First it was 016, then 015, then 196 (notice how she said she didn't care about who she gets to pilot with, adding to the previous notion that she has feelings for 015) and now 056 when he snapped at 016 and then stopped himself from consoling 015.
shanimebibFeb 10, 2018 10:31 AM
Coronavirus.
Feb 10, 2018 10:32 AM

Feb 2018
AdrianRubinsky said:
MistLiigh said:

She didn't say yellow blood, just "blood cells", but the screen monitor clearly sees Yellow Blood. Probably Hiro and others are not human also. That's probably what 002 meaned when Ichigo slaped her.

Hold up, you may have gotten something going on there, maybe they are humanoids, just like zero two but more controlled and weaker which would explain their “interesting looking robots” and why they are an experimental group
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

329 by dark_weeboo »»
Yesterday, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

356 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

410 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

598 by poscula »»
Apr 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.