Forum Settings
Forums
New
Would it becomes next Yuri on Ice?
Jan 21, 2018 4:21 PM

Oct 2017
So do you think My Yuri Academia will win most of the awards in Crunchyroll this year?
Jan 21, 2018 4:22 PM

Sep 2017
yuri on ice is the edgiest anime of 2017, no more
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 21, 2018 4:23 PM

Dec 2016
I heard that the voting is gonna be a combination of the community and a panel of judges. This is correct, right? If so, it shouldn't be AS cancer.
Jan 21, 2018 4:32 PM

Apr 2017
I think people can shove the awards up their asses, a good show doesn't need an award
Jan 21, 2018 4:41 PM

Oct 2017
Electik said:
i think there are enough people who dislike it for it to not get too far tbh.... it will likely dominate best boy/girl because there are two nominees but it's up for nomination in considerably less categories than yuri on ice was and has a much less intense audience overall lol.
even as a fan of mha i know there are titles that deserve the recognition more

Let's see...

My guess.

Best OP: MHA
Best Action: MHA
Best Girl: One girl from MHA (cuz this list is shit tier list)
Best Boy: Deku or Todoroki
Best Villain: Stain (Another weak tier list)
Best Hero: Auto win for Deku cuz of stupid categorization
Anime of the Year: MHA

A total of 7 awards, even worse than Yuri on Ice last year lolz..

Btw, what happened to the most heart warming scene award and original series award?
This year categorization seems to be very one dimensional.
Jan 21, 2018 4:48 PM

Aug 2017
I will win the tastymuffin awards, which are 110% more important.

Now that is more that 100% important. Wise words from Randy Savage.

what was this thread about, again?
Jan 21, 2018 4:50 PM

Apr 2015
I'm hoping for Made in Abyss to dominate.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 21, 2018 4:53 PM

Jun 2017
CatSoul said:
Not gonna happen. Most people voting lean toward mainstream and Anime Strike prevented it from being that.

OT: At least they didn't put it in ALL the categories like best cont. series (no doubt to make room for Boruto's dad. But, I digress).

Bourmegar said:
Ventus_S said:

Let's see...

My guess.

Btw, what happened to the most heart warming scene award and original series award?

Funny how they pick piece sign over Sora ni Utaeba. Sora ni Utaeba is far better

I can at least tell you this, SHOUWA GENROUKU RAKUGO SHINJU WILL BE ROBBED FROM ITS DESERVED AWARDS.........

and yh the villain list is weak AF this year.
Did you just insult my favorite opening of all time.
ZionPulseJan 21, 2018 4:59 PM
I'm a shitposter for fun
Jan 21, 2018 4:56 PM

Oct 2014
Ventus_S said:
Electik said:
i think there are enough people who dislike it for it to not get too far tbh.... it will likely dominate best boy/girl because there are two nominees but it's up for nomination in considerably less categories than yuri on ice was and has a much less intense audience overall lol.
even as a fan of mha i know there are titles that deserve the recognition more

Let's see...

My guess.

Funny how they pick piece sign over Sora ni Utaeba. Sora ni Utaeba is far better

I can at least tell you this, SHOUWA GENROUKU RAKUGO SHINJU WILL BE ROBBED FROM ITS DESERVED AWARDS.........

Jan 21, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2017
CatSoul said:

Not possible.

Nanachi in Best Hero not Best Girl = auto lose anyway.
Best boy and Best girl options are rigged too , with MHA 2 characters dominating the nominees.
Best Hero category made specifically for MHA = auto win for Deku
Best Villains putting weak tier villains so Stain can easily win. (Not everyone read the manga yet , Bondrewd only have screen time of 1.5 episode)

Best Girl:
Best Boy:
Best Villain:
Best Hero:
With such a weak tier and biases nomination of this 4 categories make MHA auto win anyway.
Jan 21, 2018 5:00 PM

Dec 2016
CatSoul said:
Made in Abyss SHOULD win Best Score easily, at the very least.
Jan 21, 2018 5:08 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Maybe they will become less bias towards popular shows this time and vote Serval and Rei as best girl and boy respectively Princess Principal as best OP, Houseki no Kuni as best ED,Made in Abyss as best Score, Akko as best Hero Hiro Shishigami as best Villain to make it a little less obvious...

Nah fuck it who am I kidding.
AntagonizedJan 21, 2018 5:12 PM
Jan 21, 2018 5:14 PM

Jan 2008
I don't see a problem with most of the categories but the candidates I would say is rather lackluster. Not sure how they decided on such a small pool when there's such a larger vast of options for each category. As for the topic, you just seem to be overally aggressive towards BHA dominating, to the point it seems you're just posting to hate on it.

For people too lazy to google
http://www.theanimeawards.com/
Jan 21, 2018 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
Paul said:
I don't see a problem with most of the categories but the candidates I would say is rather lackluster. Not sure how they decided on such a small pool when there's such a larger vast of options for each category. As for the topic, you just seem to be overally aggressive towards BHA dominating, to the point it seems you're just posting to hate on it.

Or it's very obvious when the nominees are leaning toward which shows right?

It's not too hard to figure out.

PS: I read MHA mangas WAY BEFORE it becomes popular in the west.
Start following it since chapter 1 cuz I knew this author.
Jan 21, 2018 5:35 PM

Oct 2014
ZionPulse said:
CatSoul said:
Not gonna happen. Most people voting lean toward mainstream and Anime Strike prevented it from being that.

OT: At least they didn't put it in ALL the categories like best cont. series (no doubt to make room for Boruto's dad. But, I digress).

Bourmegar said:

I find the 1st season's opening to be better than piece sign.
Jan 21, 2018 5:50 PM

Jan 2008
Ventus_S said:
Paul said:

Or it's very obvious when the nominees are leaning toward which shows right?

It's not too hard to figure out.

PS: I read MHA mangas WAY BEFORE it becomes popular in the west.
Start following it since EP1 cuz I knew this author.

Did the judges or whoever ever explain how the each category got their nominees? Or did the judges just pick their favorites or something? Because I'm rather curious why only so few options are there out of everything else that aired last year.

Also, after taking a second look at the best film nominees, it looks like an excuse category since they didn't have one last year and just so they could add movies like Koe no Katachi, Kimi no Na wa and Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni despite all being 2016 movies, with the Girls und Panzer being a 2015 movie and Heaven's Feel being 2017. What a mess. Funny too since Koe no Katachi is in the best animation section too but Kimi no Na wa isn't and the rest of the shows in the category are TV series. Balance? What?
Jan 21, 2018 5:51 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Of the 8 it's up for I think it'll only win 6. And this is coming from someone who adores the series btw.

It's def not gonna win best op or best animation.
Jan 21, 2018 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
crunchyroll awards are completely worthless anyway so i really dont care, all i care is that i personally enjoyed it for myself
Jan 21, 2018 11:01 PM

Apr 2016
Its more like My Yaoi Academia, considering how many fujos like it.
Jan 21, 2018 11:06 PM

Oct 2015
hehehe, thanks for the topic title.
I chuckled.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jan 21, 2018 11:08 PM

Oct 2017
Swagernator said:

What a coincident.

I remember last year award is called Yaoi on Ice too.
Jan 21, 2018 11:10 PM

Apr 2016
Ventus_S said:
Swagernator said:

What a coincident.

I remember last year award is called Yaoi on Ice too.

Then you can be sure what anime will win awards in Crunchyroll this year.

Considering how powerful fujos and gay lovers are on west.
Jan 21, 2018 11:26 PM

Nov 2014
The voting's gonna run till mid Feb? And over a time period? I'm pretty sure the people who watch anime have a shorter attention span than that.

Now we're going to get lots of people who forgot this award thing was even a thing, then pretend to be outraged at someone else's "shit taste" whenever they are reminded of it by a thread on MAL.

Adonc said:
I heard that the voting is gonna be a combination of the community and a panel of judges. This is correct, right? If so, it shouldn't be AS cancer.
As far as I can tell from reading, the panel of judges have chosen the nominations for each category. There's nothing written about them having any influence on the result after the voting in any way.

Also even if they do, why exactly does them being "judges" mean it's going to be any better? I don't see these individuals as any different than any random fan, perhaps someone can post something they've written to convince me otherwise?

It's not that I'm saying that the judges' taste or heck even popular opinion is bad, it's just I don't see any evidence that the judges taste would be much different from the popular opinion. And I sure as heck don't think the judges' tastes would be in any way similar to any random complainer's taste (which seems like how these kinds of awards are held up by the community anyways).
BurningSpiritJan 21, 2018 11:29 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 21, 2018 11:35 PM

Dec 2016
All I'm gonna say is, before voting opens, listen to dat Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Season 2 OP. Haven't watched this anime yet, but I'm voting for this OP for SURE.

Jan 22, 2018 12:36 AM
May 2016
More like the Made in Abyss Awards 2017
Jan 22, 2018 1:28 AM

Nov 2007
Best Continuing Series: Where is Natsume Roku? Or Owarimonogatari 2? Or Rakugo? Or Gintama.?
Best Girl: Where is Kanna? Or Tooru? Or Nishimiya? Or Kagura? Or Katou?
Best Boy: Where is Natsume?
Best Hero: Where is Araragi?
Best Slice of Life: Where's Maid Dragon? Or Natsume Roku?
Best Comedy: Where's Gintama.?
Best Villain: Where's Utsuro? Or Kamui?

Where is the option for gender neutral characters to be included? Like Phos or Dia?

Who decides on these categories? What in the world is best score award? Where do I vote for my Yuri Kiss Scene from Kuzu no Honkai or Hetero Kiss Scene from Tsuki ga Kirei? Where do I give vote for the best couple? Like Sugawara x Takano? Or Akagi x Kaji? Or Kotarou x Akane? Or Sakurai x Morioka? Consistency much? Bunch of fags (yes, I am talking about the previous year's categories and results for awards).

Half of the nominations are questionable. And the categories lack consistency. People shouldn't bother about it.
shanimebibJan 22, 2018 1:41 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 22, 2018 3:23 AM
Aug 2016
Maybe? I still think that it'll be a mix of My Hero Awards and Made in Awards 2017 :^/
Jan 22, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
While the choices seems to have improved since last year by far, I'm just plain sad that Sukasuka isn't a nominee in the best score award.
While I agree that anime like Made in Abyss or Ancient Magus Bride should definitely be part of the nominees, forgetting an anime that probably hit the hardest the viewers with its score in 2017 is just plain sad.
Jan 22, 2018 4:41 PM

Dec 2016
shanimebib said:

YEAH! You tell 'em! It's a crime!!! XD
Jan 22, 2018 4:49 PM

Nov 2017
What mha has
- basic needs like fight scenes and flashbacks for shounen fags
- gay characters like midorya for tumblr
- hot anime grills for said shounen fags

the popularity is real with this one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2018 4:58 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
ShyGuyDY said:
More like the Made in Abyss Awards 2017

I would not mind this.

OT: While I'm not going to deny that the hype for MHA (or its genuine quality) is real, I've seen enough love for Made in Abyss, 3-Gatsu no Lion and Rakugo Shinjuu that (hopefully) they'll get the awards they deserve... *crosses fingers*

Jan 22, 2018 5:02 PM

Jul 2017
ZionPulse said:
CatSoul said:

Bourmegar said:

you never know, Amazon got rid of Anime Strike and now all you need is an Amazon prime subscription to watch it

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Jan 22, 2018 5:08 PM

Mar 2017
At least the AotY are decent. I have absolutely no problem with any of them winning. Even Macademia. People bitching about how it's just basic shounen cannot seem to grasp the idea that the show never aspired to be anything but. It knows it's just spectacle and it delivers on spectacle, on the heart and the hype. Good spectacle no less. Even that is a task anime can fuck up (*cough cough* Quanzhi Gaoshou/The King's Avatar)

The real popcorn here is Kimi no na Wa winning FotY in a list that doesn't have the Yuasa movie. That is popcorn. I cannot wait to hear the claims that Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni should have won in its place and that all other movie candidates were normiefag sellouts. What's going to be amazing is that it will have less to do with appreciation for the two movies and more to do with a huge amount of salt against Kimi no na Wa.
EankiJan 22, 2018 5:13 PM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 22, 2018 5:15 PM

Jun 2017
IntrovertedWeeb said:
ZionPulse said:

you never know, Amazon got rid of Anime Strike and now all you need is an Amazon prime subscription to watch it
Ah but you see, they JUST got rid of it. If they had gotten rid of it two or even one seasons ago it might have made mainstream but no, we're already into Winter season and most people have already moved on.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Jan 22, 2018 5:15 PM

Oct 2017
le_halfhand_easy said:
At least the AotY are decent. I have absolutely no problem with any of them winning. Even Macademia. People bitching about how it's just basic shounen cannot seem to grasp the idea that the show never aspired to be anything but. It knows it's just spectacle and it delivers on spectacle, on the heart and the hype. Good spectacle no less. Even that is a task anime can fuck up (*cough cough* Quanzhi Gaoshou/The King's Avatar)

The real popcorn here is Kimi no na Wa winning FotY in a list that doesn't have the Yuasa movie. That is popcorn. I cannot wait to hear the claims that Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni should have won in its place and that all other movie candidates were normiefag sellouts. What's going to be amazing is that it will have less to do with appreciation for the two movies and more to do with a huge amount of salt against Kimi no na Wa.

Also that animation category lolz..

It'd be fun as hell if MHA won the best animation over A Silent Voice, even though A Silent Voice should be default winner because it's short movie production value vs tv series production value.

I personally still didn't vote A Silent Voice too because I think the categorization is too stupid to vote it.
Jan 22, 2018 5:30 PM

Mar 2017
Ventus_S said:

Also that animation category lolz..

It'd be fun as hell if MHA won the best animation over A Silent Voice, even though A Silent Voice should be default winner because it's short movie production value vs tv series production value.

I personally still didn't vote A Silent Voice too because I think the categorization is too stupid to vote it.

I personally don't give a shit. A quantum supercomputer calculating for a billion years cannot even approach the number of fucks I do not give. The only award I'm pinning Koe no Katachi to win is the Oscars to grant it greater exposure to people who don't normally watch anime.

Because it is a genuine celebration of human communication, about how the many forms of communication are interconnected. Things such your facial expressions, your body language, and your literal voice are not normally mutually independent. All of them speak all at once. And how much you love or loathe yourself affects all that. How you speak, in the all the spectrums, is a reflection of how you see yourself. How you speak is a reflection of how you see yourself in other people. How you speak is ultimately who you are.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jan 22, 2018 5:35 PM

Nov 2007
Shion said:
shanimebib said:

YEAH! You tell 'em! It's a crime!!! XD

I know!! And I officially don't give a damn about this award after recalling the scene below.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 22, 2018 6:41 PM
Feb 2017
Yes. But I don't care as long as Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou gets best SOL.

Jan 23, 2018 12:06 AM

Apr 2015
>People still caring about Crunchyroll in 2018

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

5 by Memore »»
36 seconds ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 10 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
5 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

53 by Lucifrost »»
8 minutes ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

16 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by LostSpectre »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.