Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2017 7:22 AM

Mar 2016
Katsu-kun said:
Hi there!

When I click on the badge it would be very helpful to see what titles it counts in.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I undertand, you say when you click on a badge you want to see the anime linked ? ( Example : You have competed 3 anime for the badge cars , you click on it and you see the 3 anime linked to this badge ).

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
I'm the creator of mal-badges, go chek the club!

Dec 23, 2017 7:24 AM

Apr 2014
Jikan_ said:
Katsu-kun said:
Hi there!

When I click on the badge it would be very helpful to see what titles it counts in.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I undertand, you say when you click on a badge you want to see the anime linked ? ( Example : You have competed 3 anime for the badge cars , you click on it and you see the 3 anime linked to this badge ).

Yes, exactly! :-)
Dec 23, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
Katsu-kun said:
Jikan_ said:

Hi,

Okay, I will look abtout it but this will need a lot of time xD

Thanks for your time :)

Dec 23, 2017 7:45 AM

Apr 2014
Jikan_ said:
Katsu-kun said:

Yeah, it will take very much time.
Jikan_ said:
Katsu-kun said:

It's just a suggestion. I don't know what other people think about it.
Maybe you could just make a poll for all these suggestions and see which is more demanded and needed.
Dec 23, 2017 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
Katsu-kun said:
Jikan_ said:

Yeah, it will take very much time.
Jikan_ said:

It's just a suggestion. I don't know what other people think about it.
Maybe you could just make a poll for all these suggestions and see which is more demanded and needed.

Yeah, but I think it's a good idea xD
For the moment I will wait if somebody ask the same thing :)

Dec 25, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Just a couple of opinions of mine, feel free to ignore.

-"Short Anime Fan" should be 1-13 episodes
-"Medium Anime Fan" should be 14-26 episodes
-"Really"? should have additional levels for watching Pico to Chico and Pico x CoCo x Chico
-Badge for Music (the type, not the genre)
-Badge for rewatched anime
-Badge for making reviews
-Badge for recommendations
-Badge for having lots of friends (mostly so I can dominate this)
-Manga badges too

These are just suggestions, I don't know how feasible they are with your current set-up.
Anyway, love what you're doing and hope you keep up the good work.
Dec 25, 2017 2:19 PM

Mar 2016
Nicholaevich said:
Just a couple of opinions of mine, feel free to ignore.

-"Really"? should have additional levels for watching Pico to Chico and Pico x CoCo x Chico
-Manga badges too

These are just suggestions, I don't know how feasible they are with your current set-up.
Anyway, love what you're doing and hope you keep up the good work.

This will be done

To much change for the moment

Will be done

I can't. Myanimelist.net don't give me access to this informations

-Manga badges too

Will be done but will take a long time

Dec 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Nov 2012
It would be good if have a loading bar on top of the badge (for ranks). The difference the between 0/5 and 5/5 not too visible now.

Happy New Year!
Good Luck ; Have Fun
Jan 3, 2018 4:46 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Hello! o/ First of all, Happy New Year! You might still be busy with the Holidays, so take your time and this suggestion isn't in such a hurry. (Or might not be necessary)

Just a little something that's been bothering me with the xp for "OVA Fan" and "Special Fan". The 7th and 8th (final) ranks are really difficult to achieve (because 500 & 1000 respectively) and yet the xp seems like it's kinda small that it doesn't feel rewarding at all. I suggested something similar with the "TV Fan" badge last month, and I can't believe I said something like this:

LunyRed said:
For the "OVA Fan", "Special Fan" and "ONA Fan", I think they're fine the way they are. Keep them as is.

Ugh.. (; ̄д ̄)Just imagine how long of a grind it is to reach the final ranks for these three badges. I can grind them even if it takes time. (Anyone can do it too if they want) It's just that the xp sort of feels too little that makes "OVA Fan" and "Special Fan" look insignificant compared to "TV Fan" and "Movie Fan" when all their levels are the same anyway. >_<

So I would like to propose a minor update to increase the xp for both "OVA Fan" and "Special Fan" especially because their final levels are both 500 and 1000.

Required: 10, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100, 500, 1000
Xp earned: 200, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 5000, 10000

Would that be alright? Now for "ONA Fan", this is what I think needs to remain the way it is now, because its final levels are 300 and 500. Nothing else to change for this badge and the xp for "ONA Fan" looks perfect the way it is.

I hope you would reconsider. D: Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.
Jan 24, 2018 2:35 AM

Aug 2015
Hi, I thought it would be cool to add years before 1980, but since its a bit difficult to do that since the number released each year is harder to check, maybe a Pre-1980 badge?

You could also call it something like Old School, and then have the description be "Number of Pre-1980 Anime Completed"

I think going to 100 would be feasible, like this:

XP            Required
50	        10
250	        20
500	        30
1000            50
1500            75
2000            100
purplepinapplesJan 24, 2018 2:38 AM
Feb 12, 2018 10:43 AM

Sep 2015
@purplepinapples
I sort of support this, however 100 for the highest level maybe a far too high. There are roughly as many anime listed in the database in the full 2 decades of the 60's and 70's together as a single recent year. And those anime are a lot less accessible and a lot longer than the recent ones.

And if release numbers and accessibility, 1982, the full year has 74 anime listed in the database. Including OVAs, specials and movies. For comparison, 2015 winter season alone had 148. And the thresholds are the same. It's much harder to earn the pre-90's badges because there were significantly fewer anime releases.
Feb 12, 2018 5:41 PM

Aug 2015
@Heldengeist

> I sort of support this, however 100 for the highest level maybe a far too high

I don't think its as hard as you'd think. Its a lot more short films and experimental work, but I know its definitely possible, you can look at my list, I've watched over 350 pre-1980 entries, and there were a few things I skipped.

64 of them are easily available on the recently released Japanese film archive website, and a lot of Kuri and Tezuka (whose early works were pre-1980) are all over the place. A lot of anthologies of old short films have had releases as well, which are now also online.
Feb 13, 2018 7:51 AM

Sep 2015
@purplepinapples
Yes, if you actively try to meet the criteria of a badge instead of being rewarded for something you would do anyways. Yours is a rare case. Basically all you watch is short videos. 70% of your completed list are those little less than 15 minutes long vids. You have 3 times as long completed list and 4 times as many rewatch as I have and you are barely above me in terms of time investment. Every malbadges badge and malgraph achievement are easy like this. A busy month and it's done.

You must admit, your list is really disproportionate compared to the average.
ModelCitizenFeb 13, 2018 7:58 AM
Feb 14, 2018 12:34 AM

Aug 2015
@Heldengeist
Why attack me personally? I like watching short anime. Sure, I admit that my list is very disproportionate compared to the average, but thats not really the point though -- Theres more than enough entires to satisfy it.

I doubt many people get the early '80s badges simply because people just don't watch those as often. I don't see us lowering those thresholds because these aren't easily available. I don't see how this is any different.

Its not up to me anyways, you can make your case for it to be lower. I dont think it would make a lot of sense to have the same level/xp for one year (1980) and the same amount for all the years before it (Pre-1980).
purplepinapplesFeb 14, 2018 12:40 AM
Feb 14, 2018 6:57 AM

Sep 2015
@purplepinapples
I haven't attacked you personally, you are just a good example. By the time someone watches Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock and gets one step closer to a badge or achievement, you watch over 100 short movie and get 5 badges. Like you came here demanding a badge with an unreasonably high threshold, claiming to have seen over 350 pre-1980 anime, while the vast majority of those are not even 5 minutes long and only 17 are at least feature length. You would get the highest level badge, while someone who have seen classics like Ginga Tetsudou, Gundam, Tetsuwan Atom, Lupin Part I and II, Captain Harlock, Ahita no Joe and Cutie Honey, with a total of 532 episodes and the total play time of over 200 hours gets nothing.

So I think it would not be an incomprehensible standpoint if I were to say, I don't recognize your achievements, because despite having the highest level in most categories, there are no experience behind them outside of those 2 to 5 minutes long short movies.
Feb 14, 2018 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
A pre-1980s badge sounds reasonable enough even if no one can agree to a certain threshold number. Also to say it's not a good thing because "the majority are short films" is moot because short films released in any given year from 1980-onward get counted, too. Purplepinapples is at least suggesting that they'll be all grouped together because of it, and this club takes many cues from MAL Graph as-is to begin with.

And it's not like it's a race to get these badges lol. At the very least if you're just going with TV shows (since those are the examples also given), that'll be counted toward the days and episode badges which give you more exp than what they're suggesting for this badge. If you want to compromise and meet halfway, here's a suggestion: Make it so that only TV anime and movies 30 minutes and longer can count for this badge. 1963-1979 can also be the dates if you want to get specific, and you can still hit the 100 quota even though 50 works just as well (in fact, just keep it to 50 so it'll match the others).

EDIT: I've been making a list to help back up the suggestion. Thus far, I've only done ones from 1963 to 1969, and already I have 104 titles from the database. Challenging? Oh yes, but it's passable. Majority of doable titles will be coming from the 70s era, however, I can guarantee that.

EDIT 2: The 70s era comes to a total of 275. The TV and 30+-minute movies altogether total to 379 titles to be used, so there can be a threshold of upward to 100 titles. It's easily feasible with just the 70s anime alone.
Lil-BirdFeb 14, 2018 6:40 PM
Feb 19, 2018 6:10 PM

Jun 2017
Mar 6, 2018 2:13 PM
Sep 2015
I think the limits should be changed for medium and long series.
25 and 26 episodes are not different from 24 episodes ones, and should be on the same level as those with 50+.
Watch Nichijou
Mar 8, 2018 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
DJBay said:
I think the limits should be changed for medium and long series.
25 and 26 episodes are not different from 24 episodes ones, and should be on the same level as those with 50+.

Yeah, I agree, I think it's a little weird that those with 25/26 episodes don't count as medium. I'd say that anything that falls in between 14-39 episodes is medium length.
Apr 3, 2018 5:09 PM

Jun 2011
How do I edit my profile picture on the site? I see no options and it apparently isnt linking to the one I use here, though it linked to my profile to generate my badges properly. Am I dumb?
=3
Apr 5, 2018 4:50 AM

Mar 2016
MasterIzumi said:
How do I edit my profile picture on the site? I see no options and it apparently isnt linking to the one I use here, though it linked to my profile to generate my badges properly. Am I dumb?

Hi,

Wrong topic, use support topic next time.

Is the same than your myanimelist.net profile but I need to validate it because some pepole use ecchi image.

Just wait

Apr 6, 2018 6:38 PM

Jan 2014
Hello, my suggestion -

Having a badge for anime series(something MAL should also have but doesn't)

explanation: anime completed means total "things" like Ghost in the Shell has 3 movies, 3 tv series, etc.. that's already almost 10 completed right there, so instead we should also have a separate badge to total anime series (or other name) that will make all that be just 1 because they all belong to the serie/franchise ghost in the shell.

Hope i was easy to understand, thanks.
Sep 24, 2018 9:03 PM
Feb 2017
Add manga
Sep 25, 2018 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
Studio related badges could be added and work similarly like yearly and genre badges.

MadLane said:
Hello, my suggestion -

It would be good to have badges for some anime series, but the real problem is, which ones?
Everyone would want a badge for their favorite anime and you can't please everyone.
Even picking classics or some very influential woulld be hard.

I also have a list of anime I'd like to recieve a badge for and another list I would never want to recognize as badge worthy and still would surely get one.

Meme anime badges like currently the Boku no Pico and Pingu could work much easier though.
Sep 25, 2018 11:46 AM

Mar 2016

No api for that :/

Sep 25, 2018 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
Heldengeist said:
Studio related badges could be added and work similarly like yearly and genre badges.

MadLane said:
Hello, my suggestion -

It would be good to have badges for some anime series, but the real problem is, which ones?
Everyone would want a badge for their favorite anime and you can't please everyone.
Even picking classics or some very influential woulld be hard.

I also have a list of anime I'd like to recieve a badge for and another list I would never want to recognize as badge worthy and still would surely get one.

Meme anime badges like currently the Boku no Pico and Pingu could work much easier though.

I agree. I receive 5-10 private message per week to add or remove some unique anime badges xD

Oct 5, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2015
I just realized there are no badges for the genres Shoujo Ai and Shounen Ai, can those be added?
Oct 7, 2018 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
Katsu-kun said:
Hi there!

Hi,
Yeah you're right but it will display a lot of anime so I don't really know how to display it, gender are display on myanimelist.net.

And I'm not sure if I have acces to this data

Oct 10, 2018 12:02 PM

Sep 2015
star5310 said:
I just realized there are no badges for the genres Shoujo Ai and Shounen Ai, can those be added?
I don't like the idea. Maybe merged into yuri and yaoi, so those bagdes could be levelled up higher. But on their own I already think they are redundant and really misused on MAL.
Oct 11, 2018 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
star5310 said:

This is new to myanmielist.net no ? Never see it before xD

For the moment I'm waiting to having myanimelist.net giving a real api (I'm using tricks and little hack for the moment) but no informationbs :')

I will consider change after mal-badges is fully functionel and not tricky like now xD

Oct 31, 2018 9:57 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Heldengeist said:
star5310 said:
I don't like the idea. Maybe merged into yuri and yaoi, so those bagdes could be levelled up higher. But on their own I already think they are redundant and really misused on MAL.

Maybe one could merge them, call one "Boy's Love" and the other "Girl's Love"?

I don't think there is enough of either category to warrant having separately. Plus people just use the words interchangeably >_>

Dec 22, 2018 2:49 PM

Sep 2015
I think it would be good to have a safety net for erasing stats from malbadges. For example people had problems recently with their list set to private they lost everything. Also, if you block scirpts in your browser (buy default as a safety and privacy measure) and then try to update, the process fails and again, everything lost. Also, when MAL went down the update process naturally failed and everyone lost everything.

Sure, this is just temporary, but still inconvenient. If the update process fails, it should keep the previous state and drop an error message. Maybe a specific one if the list is private or MAL is unreachable and a broad one for an unforseen reason.
Dec 24, 2018 3:01 PM

Mar 2016
Heldengeist said:
I think it would be good to have a safety net for erasing stats from malbadges. For example people had problems recently with their list set to private they lost everything. Also, if you block scirpts in your browser (buy default as a safety and privacy measure) and then try to update, the process fails and again, everything lost. Also, when MAL went down the update process naturally failed and everyone lost everything.

Sure, this is just temporary, but still inconvenient. If the update process fails, it should keep the previous state and drop an error message. Maybe a specific one if the list is private or MAL is unreachable and a broad one for an unforseen reason.

Yeah I know, myanimelist.net still don't give use an API so i'm just using trick to have mal-badges alive. You can contact myanimelist.net support for informations, they don't answer me anymore :/

Jan 3, 2019 3:40 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
So, uhm, hi @Jikan_ ! I was wondering when will you enable the "2019 Fan" badge? :) I noticed it still doesn't have any levels and it's still disabled.

Also, I would like to know if it's still possible for you to adjust some of the xp values in certain badges even if MAL has no more API. I posted a suggestion above that's one year old, but it hasn't been paid attention ever since. :/
Jan 3, 2019 4:02 AM

Mar 2016
LunyRem said:
So, uhm, hi @Jikan_ ! I was wondering when will you enable the "2019 Fan" badge? :) I noticed it still doesn't have any levels and it's still disabled.

Also, I would like to know if it's still possible for you to adjust some of the xp values in certain badges even if MAL has no more API. I posted a suggestion above that's one year old, but it hasn't been paid attention ever since. :/

Hi,

I have some problem with the 2019 badges so I was testing something but don't really have the time to work on mal-badges.

Sorry to ignore your old suggestions, to be honest I don't think mal-badge will survive if myanimelist.net doesn't give an API. I need to fix the hack I use so many time... And the code is now a mess ^^'

Actually I wait to have an API for refactor my code but myanimelist.net don't care about thiere software.

I will just fix the 2019 badges and try to mainteant the current state of mal-badges but without API is hell.

Bye !

Jan 4, 2019 3:44 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
You've mentioned before that you were able to circumvent the data import issue thanks to the hack you've been using, but this seems to be more complicated than it was back then when MAL still had API existing. That really sucks, though.

But all the effort you've put in making Mal-badges functional is really admirable and heaps of respect to you for that. I won't bug you with any suggestions for now because it might be impossible to implement any suggestions for the badges with the current state of the coding. It's alright. :) Actually, I would like to apologize for troubling you. I will just patiently wait for any good news in the future!
Jan 4, 2019 4:23 AM

Mar 2016
LunyRem said:
You've mentioned before that you were able to circumvent the data import issue thanks to the hack you've been using, but this seems to be more complicated than it was back then when MAL still had API existing. That really sucks, though.

But all the effort you've put in making Mal-badges functional is really admirable and heaps of respect to you for that. I won't bug you with any suggestions for now because it might be impossible to implement any suggestions for the badges with the current state of the coding. It's alright. :) Actually, I would like to apologize for troubling you. I will just patiently wait for any good news in the future!

It's normal to ask. no problem with that :)

An api will give the data I need and never change so for every user i just get the data but with no API I use hack like getting all the code of one page from myanimelist.net (more longer than an api) and crop the data I need... So if a user have a strange profil, or myanimelist.net change a part of the html code it's will break. It take more time so sometimes the page overload. A lot of problem come with this and I just try to have something while I waiting for an API (who will never come I think)

Bye :)

Jan 5, 2019 6:39 PM

Nov 2009
Jikan_ said:

I will just fix the 2019 badges and try to mainteant the current state of mal-badges but without API is hell.

Bye !

thanks Jikan_ even if you don't manage to fix that, you've done an awesome job with this and I'm glad I found the club and your badges before they ruined the API for you

:)
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jan 7, 2019 3:46 AM

Dec 2018
Hey there, I like the BBCode you made for profiles and signatures, but can you make a small version? I'd like to fit the information in one line and I can't scale the badge in real time. Also, since stylus is a thing, can you display the levels in a different way? Black doesn't really blend in with black, right?
Jan 7, 2019 3:53 AM

Mar 2016
h3oCharles said:
Hey there, I like the BBCode you made for profiles and signatures, but can you make a small version? I'd like to fit the information in one line and I can't scale the badge in real time. Also, since stylus is a thing, can you display the levels in a different way? Black doesn't really blend in with black, right?

Hi,

You can fully customize the BBCode, I only give an example. I can't make you a small version I don't use BBCode (Just copy an example from internet for the mal-badge version), so I don't know how to make it xD

If somebody make one, feel free to contact me and I will add it to the website :)

Jan 7, 2019 4:24 AM

Dec 2018
Jikan_ said:
Hi,

You can fully customize the BBCode, I only give an example. I can't make you a small version I don't use BBCode (Just copy an example from internet for the mal-badge version), so I don't know how to make it xD

If somebody make one, feel free to contact me and I will add it to the website :)
Wow, fast reply. Unfortunately, I can't use "img with=100" to scale down the badge itself, it's not supported here. Just look at my profile and think where could I possibly squeeze that humongous badge inside there.
h3oCharlesJan 11, 2019 3:44 PM
Jan 11, 2019 3:14 PM
Feb 2016
SilentVinyl said:
Hi, could we also possibly have badges for manga.

I would like that too. I wanted to suggest it, but I see that some other people had the same idea. Also, I love the MAL - Badge idea a lot! XD
Feb 1, 2019 10:19 AM

Sep 2015
I'd prefer a generated image, like the MAL version in my sig or like the graph Malgraph does.
Maybe something like this I'm using:

But one that automatically updates with profile ubdates on malbadges.
Feb 13, 2019 12:52 AM

Dec 2010
Good day.

Want to say, I really appreciate your site and this project overall. It gives you actually some challenge for watching some really old stuff and interesting thing, what you hardly would know otherwise, other than trying to get some achievements. A lot of improvement from Graph, because of more achievements and more additional stuff, yes.

...My English kinda not so good, not a native speaker, plain suck at grammar or so, don't have the practice to talk or writing on English. Through, watch/read all stuff on English now, still not much experience into this thing. So forgive my skills, need more practice.

So, about the suggestions.

1. Why we have Dropper badge, anyway? I understand some people not so patient and not so plain... well, they just different; why not an additional badge for not dropping stuff? Completionist or something like this - as a person, who watch all things, even absolutely not in my taste (or not just mine, anyway) I feel too much disadvantage as someone, who didn't drop a single anime.

I and some other people surely lost too much experience, because they are not dropping stuff. And I think, it gives you some motivation to watch more, even in practice (or other) interest. Don't know, how to say it better, but I hope, you understand my point.

So may we have a badge, what would contradict to Dropper achievement? Because it just not fair, in my opinion, have Dropper achievement and don't have total Completionist, just even one level.

2. Still, support the idea about Shounen-ai and Shoujo-ai as different genres from Yaoi and Yuri respectively. I'm BL fan, I read BL eroge and watching all yaoi/shounen-ai anime, and just... the difference is really abyss between genres, it not just about having sex scenes or not. We have enough Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai titles, it's a different genre on MAL, why not? Because of it like the difference between Romance and Hentai as genres - the last one have additional sex scenes, but it may not have Romance at all.

And not all people like or even would watch Yaoi/Yuri, even if the interest in such type relationships. Not even mention, what Yuri may just fanservice thing in some Hentai, what makes it just having Yuri sexual scenes, it's not a having genre as is.

Yes, genres mostly differ in point about the rating for the audience, but it really different things, when it comes to these genres. Can't explain in detail, kinda hard to do it, but still not reason not to have this badges, when MAL have this as a different genre.

People may watch some romance anime, and we don't say, what it just Hentai without actual sex or detail scenes. It's absurd for me.

3. World Masterpiece Theatre Achievement? Yes, it not famous, just as most classics, but at least it has several impacts on the history of anime. It's not just kids or family-oriented anime, but it really just my wish, not a real suggestion.

4. Yes, again, Studios Achievements is would be much appreciated.

5. Oh, remember one more thing - Reverse Harem as genre?.. Again, distinction about shoujo and reverse harem anime may be not so clear, but I have seen the list with it. Through, now it kinda not so actual and missing most new titles (don't know, from what date, but guess around 2005-2008, anyway). Still, it have a point - a reverse harem as genre exist, we just don't have it on MAL, mostly because low popularity and not much titles. But it certanly exist, more importanly - it's start from 90 years or so, take Angelica, for example. Clear reverse harem genre, as adaptation of otome game.

I think, it just the things, what surely comes to mind. Thanks for your site and good luck in grow it even more :)
SorrowMaidenFeb 13, 2019 1:19 AM
Feb 13, 2019 9:54 AM
Sep 2015
Hi, would be good badges for Korean anime and Chinese anime.
Feb 13, 2019 3:10 PM

Mar 2016
SorrowMaiden said:
Good day.

Want to say, I really appreciate your site and this project overall. It gives you actually some challenge for watching some really old stuff and interesting thing, what you hardly would know otherwise, other than trying to get some achievements. A lot of improvement from Graph, because of more achievements and more additional stuff, yes.

...My English kinda not so good, not a native speaker, plain suck at grammar or so, don't have the practice to talk or writing on English. Through, watch/read all stuff on English now, still not much experience into this thing. So forgive my skills, need more practice.

So, about the suggestions.

1. Why we have Dropper badge, anyway? I understand some people not so patient and not so plain... well, they just different; why not an additional badge for not dropping stuff? Completionist or something like this - as a person, who watch all things, even absolutely not in my taste (or not just mine, anyway) I feel too much disadvantage as someone, who didn't drop a single anime.

I and some other people surely lost too much experience, because they are not dropping stuff. And I think, it gives you some motivation to watch more, even in practice (or other) interest. Don't know, how to say it better, but I hope, you understand my point.

So may we have a badge, what would contradict to Dropper achievement? Because it just not fair, in my opinion, have Dropper achievement and don't have total Completionist, just even one level.

2. Still, support the idea about Shounen-ai and Shoujo-ai as different genres from Yaoi and Yuri respectively. I'm BL fan, I read BL eroge and watching all yaoi/shounen-ai anime, and just... the difference is really abyss between genres, it not just about having sex scenes or not. We have enough Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai titles, it's a different genre on MAL, why not? Because of it like the difference between Romance and Hentai as genres - the last one have additional sex scenes, but it may not have Romance at all.

And not all people like or even would watch Yaoi/Yuri, even if the interest in such type relationships. Not even mention, what Yuri may just fanservice thing in some Hentai, what makes it just having Yuri sexual scenes, it's not a having genre as is.

Yes, genres mostly differ in point about the rating for the audience, but it really different things, when it comes to these genres. Can't explain in detail, kinda hard to do it, but still not reason not to have this badges, when MAL have this as a different genre.

People may watch some romance anime, and we don't say, what it just Hentai without actual sex or detail scenes. It's absurd for me.

3. World Masterpiece Theatre Achievement? Yes, it not famous, just as most classics, but at least it has several impacts on the history of anime. It's not just kids or family-oriented anime, but it really just my wish, not a real suggestion.

4. Yes, again, Studios Achievements is would be much appreciated.

5. Oh, remember one more thing - Reverse Harem as genre?.. Again, distinction about shoujo and reverse harem anime may be not so clear, but I have seen the list with it. Through, now it kinda not so actual and missing most new titles (don't know, from what date, but guess around 2005-2008, anyway). Still, it have a point - a reverse harem as genre exist, we just don't have it on MAL, mostly because low popularity and not much titles. But it certanly exist, more importanly - it's start from 90 years or so, take Angelica, for example. Clear reverse harem genre, as adaptation of otome game.

I think, it just the things, what surely comes to mind. Thanks for your site and good luck in grow it even more :)

Hi, I will read it again, now I'm tired so if i miss something it's my bad.

Evertying concerning the genre badge are based on the genre on myanimelist.net. I can't change it.

In fact a lot of pepole have good idea but i don't have an api from myanimelist.net so I'm just don't want to add/edit/remove something. I just wait the api for fixing the code before add complexity.

Studio badge will be nice. Hope the api have this informations.

Concerning the genre and the pepole will not watch yuri or other genre I understand it but some pepoles will not watch romance or adventure and only hentai. It's just a smaller portion of pepole. So why should i priveliege some pepole better than other ? I just give a badge for every gender to be fair.

Your right concerning the dropper badge.

I have a list of all things I want to add and modify but I will not do it without api. The server end in September and if myanimelist.net doesn't give an API i will let mal-badge die. Already waiting for more than 6 months without informtations or answer from myanimelist.net and the ads or the support from pepole can't pay 10% of the servers cost. And my time is not eternal, now I have other projects and mal-badges is cleary not my priority.

Thanks for you message :) Have a nice day !

Feb 14, 2019 12:52 AM

Dec 2010
Jikan_ said:

Hi, I will read it again, now I'm tired so if i miss something it's my bad.

Evertying concerning the genre badge are based on the genre on myanimelist.net. I can't change it.

In fact a lot of pepole have good idea but i don't have an api from myanimelist.net so I'm just don't want to add/edit/remove something. I just wait the api for fixing the code before add complexity.

Studio badge will be nice. Hope the api have this informations.

Concerning the genre and the pepole will not watch yuri or other genre I understand it but some pepoles will not watch romance or adventure and only hentai. It's just a smaller portion of pepole. So why should i priveliege some pepole better than other ? I just give a badge for every gender to be fair.

Your right concerning the dropper badge.

I have a list of all things I want to add and modify but I will not do it without api. The server end in September and if myanimelist.net doesn't give an API i will let mal-badge die. Already waiting for more than 6 months without informtations or answer from myanimelist.net and the ads or the support from pepole can't pay 10% of the servers cost. And my time is not eternal, now I have other projects and mal-badges is cleary, not my priority.

Thanks for your message :) Have a nice day!

Thanks for answers, not much has to say. Well, I hope to see more additional badges overall, though I understand, it's more about a code or programming stuff. So, well, just we need time, I guess.

About genres - I admit your point, it's sound valid enough for me.

Kinda sad to hear about silence from MAL admins, through. I actually want to be more optimistic about future of your project, but... yeah, not a very good perspective be ignored from admistration and their unknown reasons. Just wish your luck with it, I think, there is very much people, who concerned about this situation.
Mar 3, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2008
Are you think add some badge for manga too?
Mar 23, 2019 9:39 PM
Jun 2016
Badges for the studios would be pretty cool.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Support ( 1 2 3 4 )

Koito91 - Dec 9, 2022

188 by YuraItsuki »»
Apr 19, 7:23 AM

Sticky: » Suggestions ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Koito91 - Dec 13, 2022

204 by _cjessop19_ »»
Mar 29, 2:26 AM

Sticky: » [Mar 3] Current Status

Koito91 - Feb 21

0 by Koito91 »»
Feb 21, 11:04 PM

» Lost/Inaccessible Media taskforce

_cjessop19_ - Jul 18, 2023

18 by IridescentJaune »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:45 PM

» Badges for specific shows considered harmful

inim - Dec 25, 2022

4 by Zevven »»
Jul 8, 2023 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.