Forum Settings
Forums

Voice actress Caitlin Grass: "If an anime hasn't been licensed where you live... you're not allowed to watch it!"

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2017 7:58 AM

Jan 2017
watch out boys! a voice actress gave her opinion! lets insult her and insult everyone in the industry REEEEEEEEEEE

"Technically" and "legally " she's not wrong but i don't care about what's "legal" because "legal" sites are not available in my country and they clearly don't give a damn about people like me so why should i give a damn about their "legal" stuff?
Oct 15, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Rotton-Girl said:
But it is entitlement. You believe you have the right to these things right now at any cost, regardless of who owns them and what rights holders or creators of the property say about it. So yes it is entitlement. Does it matter? No. Are we privileged to live in a time when we can ignore companies? Yes. If this were 1999, there would be nothing we could do about it.

People with internet are privileged.
It doesn't matter whether Grass and Tipton think it's entitlement or not. If they're going to insult people online while bringing shitty arguments to the table then they shouldn't be surprised when people start insulting them and their logic back

What in their logic is flawed? I mean, I have been told, if I really wanted a property, I could learn Japanese, get a region free player, and order my blurays from Japan. there is nothing that makes these things innately unavailable no matter what. If you CHOOSE to watch it a different way, well, you are being entitled to get it for free and ignore the law. eh. These are facts.

Nothing about what she is saying is wrong. It is against the industry's wishes, against creator's wishes to pirate their works (unless it is South Park). Soooooo Pretty much.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Oct 15, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2011
logopolis said:
Rotton-Girl said:
But it is entitlement. You believe you have the right to these things right now at any cost, regardless of who owns them and what rights holders or creators of the property say about it. So yes it is entitlement.

All humans are "entitled" to do anything which has no negative effect on any other being. That includes watching television, where no other being is even involved.
Yes. and it used to not be possible like slightly more than 10 years ago when people had worse internet.
Oct 15, 2017 8:12 AM

Aug 2009
But, if I didn't watch shows that weren't available on Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll and so on, then I wouldn't have bought said shows from Amazon and RighttStuf then they're available at said stores.

...Who are these twats by the way?

Oct 15, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2014
Rotton-Girl said:
What in their logic is flawed? I mean, I have been told, if I really wanted a property, I could learn Japanese, get a region free player, and order my blurays from Japan. there is nothing that makes these things innately unavailable no matter what. If you CHOOSE to watch it a different way, well, you are being entitled to get it for free and ignore the law. eh. These are facts.

Nothing about what she is saying is wrong. It is against the industry's wishes, against creator's wishes to pirate their works (unless it is South Park). Soooooo Pretty much.
It's shitty logic because A) piracy isn't as terrible as pirate hunters make it out to be B) she does not objectively hold the moral high ground as piracy is not objectively morally wrong C) her being a voice actress does not make her an expert on how the industry works D) the fans are not objectively more entitled than the companies who refuse to license said series E) she's throwing a hissy fit over something that often can be described as a "no victim, no crime" situation and F) entitlement is not necessarily a bad thing. I could probably think of more logical fails but six is enough so ain't nobody got time for that.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 15, 2017 8:16 AM

Nov 2016
If I followed that advice I wouldn't be able to watch any Anime. Piracy is a service problem, not a pricing problem, start servicing me.
Oct 15, 2017 8:17 AM

Feb 2015
Oct 15, 2017 8:19 AM

Aug 2016
well, It´s not like she can obligate me to do things her way.
:v
Oct 15, 2017 8:20 AM

May 2015
TheMrWyn said:
If I followed that advice I wouldn't be able to watch any Anime. Piracy is a service problem, not a pricing problem, start servicing me.

Exactly. I don't know why they don't get this simple concept.

Oct 15, 2017 8:27 AM

Jun 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Rotton-Girl said:

It's shitty logic because A) piracy isn't as terrible as pirate hunters make it out to be B) she does not objectively hold the moral high ground as piracy is not objectively morally wrong C) her being a voice actress does not make her an expert on how the industry works D) the fans are not objectively more entitled than the companies who refuse to license said series E) she's throwing a hissy fit over something that often can be described as a "no victim, no crime" situation and F) entitlement is not necessarily a bad thing. I could probably think of more logical fails but six is enough so ain't nobody got time for that.

What about Matt Thorn who said that piracy really affected Wandering Son's ability to be continued to be translated as a manga? That piracy hurt her job as a translator? And yeah, people stealing HER work? And the artists were not happy at all!
Oct 15, 2017 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
Rotton-Girl said:
What about Matt Thorn who said that piracy really affected Wandering Son's ability to be continued to be translated as a manga? That piracy hurt his job as a translator?
I don't know who this Matt Thorn is, and I don't care as long as his subjectively experience remains but one subjective experience without any statistics or the likes to back up his claims when there's a three hundred page study by the EU that contradicts this and Crunchytroll exists. Besides, even if it did hurt the industry, that wouldn't objectively be a bad thing.
Comic_SansOct 15, 2017 8:37 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 15, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2011
FacelessVixen said:
But, if I didn't watch shows that weren't available on Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll and so on, then I wouldn't have bought said shows from Amazon and RighttStuf then they're available at said stores.

It is the voice of Winry. but I don't even think it matters. She doesn't really have authority...
Oct 15, 2017 8:35 AM

Apr 2016
Rotton-Girl said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Well, she dubs anime. Who cares.

Why do English dub VAs exist again?

She is actually fairly nice in person.... just speaking as someone who has met her. And she does actually have a nice voice in stuff she has been in.

She plays Winry in Full Metal Alchemist which is one of the works people prefer watching dubbed. Yakumo Tsukamoto in School Rumble, which I also like dubbed. Haruhi Fujioka in Ouran which many people prefer dubbed (I just don't like it that much but yeah it is a well loved anime people like dubbed). Miria Harvent in Bacanno- another one people watch dubbed over subbed. Mina Ashido in My Hero Academia which I admit, I can watch either subbed or dubbed no problem.

She actually is in a significant number of quality dubs... soooo

But she still made a stupid statement. If anime piracy didn't exist, anime would never have come to America, and these "dub artists" wouldn't even exist in the first place. She should be grateful scum like us exist and watch anime on illegal streaming sites.
Oct 15, 2017 8:36 AM

Jun 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Rotton-Girl said:
What about Matt Thorn who said that piracy really affected Wandering Son's ability to be continued to be translated as a manga? That piracy hurt his job as a translator?
I don't know who this Matt Thorn is, and I don't care as long as his subjectively experience remains but one subjective experience without any statistics or the likes to back up his claims when there's a three hundred page study by the EU that contradicts this. Besides, even if it did hurt the industry, that wouldn't objectively be a bad thing.

27-year manga translation veteran Matt Thorn, who has translated everything from Nausicaa to Ranma ½ and has never scanlated, alleges that if a manga has a good and popular scanlation, publishers will think twice about contracting translators and licensing it (representatives from Viz Media and Kodansha confirmed that scanlations are a factor in licensing decisions). Over e-mail, she described scanlations as “a cancer in the body of global manga culture. Every scanlation drastically reduces the likelihood of a given title getting an official translation, because publishers are wary of trying to get people to buy something when they know there is a free alternative out there. Once a scanlation is put on the Net, it becomes a permanent fixture that not even the original scanlators can remove.”

Matt Thorn is someone who imports and translates a lot of important works. But says exactly how it effects manga in particular. It actually does affect sales according to her. As someone who purchases manga legally, and likes physical copies of a lot of niche things like Wandering Son, trust me, every lost sale on an LGBT title, is terrible. Entire companies can die by it. Not talking about titles like Naruto. Talking about titles like New York New York which still do not have a USA release.
Oct 15, 2017 8:38 AM

Mar 2014
Rotton-Girl said:
Matt Thorn is someone who imports and translates a lot of important works. But says exactly how it effects manga in particular. It actually does affect sales according to her.
According to her, yes, but that doesn't really prove anything. It's just another empty claim.
Comic_SansOct 15, 2017 8:41 AM
Nico- said:
Oct 15, 2017 8:41 AM

Aug 2009
Rotton-Girl said:
FacelessVixen said:

It is the voice of Winry. but I don't even think it matters. She doesn't really have authority...

And apparently a supporting character in Ikkitousen, a series that perfectly illustrates my point (give or take a misspell or two). And I used to wonder if the English track just tool up unnecessary space. Now I'm sure that it does and I'm kinda hating Winry right now.

Oct 15, 2017 8:41 AM

Mar 2014
Now I know where those Facebook pictures are from. It's from this post
https://sv-se.facebook.com/caitlinsvoice/posts/10155062613939639
Upgraded to first class, dude a row up totes watching pirated anime on YouTube, Starblazers 2199, choosing sped-up clips off a playlist šŸ˜” https://t.co/ct6sabpYuX
https://sv-se.facebook.com/caitlinsvoice/posts/10155062613939639

Not only did she take a shit on a big chunk of the fanbase, she also photographed a dude without his permission. But it's okay, because she's sort of kind of famous. Smells like entitlement to me!
Nico- said:
Oct 15, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Rotton-Girl said:
Matt Thorn is someone who imports and translates a lot of important works. But says exactly how it effects manga in particular. It actually does affect sales according to her.
According to her, yes, but that doesn't really prove anything. It's just another empty claim.

But it always affects niche titles more than big ones. It always has. It already has a small audience in the first place. if some of that audience decides they don't want that product, they wont produce it at all.

It becomes a system where you cannot get the title at all. It happens a LOT in yaoi. Yaoi actually used to be cheaper in 2004 before people pirated it all the time. Now, every title is limited run.
Oct 15, 2017 8:49 AM

Feb 2015
( ą² _ą²  )

( ą² _ą²  )

( ą² _ą²  )āŒā–  ā– 

( āŒā– _ā– )

( āŒā– _ā– )å‡ø

FUCK THE POLICE!

Comin' straight from the underground
A young n**ga got it bad ‘cause I'm brown
And not the other color, so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority
Fuck that shit, ‘cause I ain't the one
For a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun
To be beating on, and thrown in jail

Oct 15, 2017 8:49 AM

Jun 2011
FacelessVixen said:
Rotton-Girl said:

And apparently a supporting character in Ikkitousen, a series that perfectly illustrates my point (give or take a misspell or two). And I used to wonder if the English track just tool up unnecessary space. Now I'm sure that it does and I'm kinda hating Winry right now.

Why? I met the actress in person. She is really nice.
Oct 15, 2017 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
I can understand where she's coming from (This being her job and all) but a statement like that is just ridiculous. In the grand scheme of things, so few anime have actually been licensed, let alone on streaming sites, or still in print via physical means. So how's a douchey hipster like myself, supposed to watch old, obscure series if a company like Funimantion will realistically never even put a thought in actually licensing them.
Oct 15, 2017 8:52 AM

Feb 2016
Rotton-Girl said:
Comic_Sans said:

But it always affects niche titles more than big ones. It always has. It already has a small audience in the first place. if some of that audience decides they don't want that product, they wont produce it at all.

It becomes a system where you cannot get the title at all. It happens a LOT in yaoi. Yaoi actually used to be cheaper in 2004 before people pirated it all the time. Now, every title is limited run.

Niche titles don't have financial incentive anyway. If they are hurt that easily, there's no point in trying to provide them legally. Be glad these at least have scanlations lol.
Oct 15, 2017 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
Rotton-Girl said:

You're acting as if those niche titles would have gotten exposure to begin with had it not been for piracy or most niche titles are even licensed regardless of whether people pirate them or not. Also, like I said, the EU study still exists and piracy hurting the industry is not objectively a bad thing.
Nico- said:
Oct 15, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Rotton-Girl said:

She is actually fairly nice in person.... just speaking as someone who has met her. And she does actually have a nice voice in stuff she has been in.

She plays Winry in Full Metal Alchemist which is one of the works people prefer watching dubbed. Yakumo Tsukamoto in School Rumble, which I also like dubbed. Haruhi Fujioka in Ouran which many people prefer dubbed (I just don't like it that much but yeah it is a well loved anime people like dubbed). Miria Harvent in Bacanno- another one people watch dubbed over subbed. Mina Ashido in My Hero Academia which I admit, I can watch either subbed or dubbed no problem.

She actually is in a significant number of quality dubs... soooo

But she still made a stupid statement. If anime piracy didn't exist, anime would never have come to America, and these "dub artists" wouldn't even exist in the first place. She should be grateful scum like us exist and watch anime on illegal streaming sites.

You know what I find funny about that statement? VHS piracy was a good thing. No other kind. If piracy was so good, why are all but 5 anime in the top 200 available for legal stream? All but one are legally available to own on DVD fairly easily? Legal streaming has promoted anime way more than anything else could ever hope to. And there is over 800 titles available in the USA on Crunchyroll alone. Soooooo.

Funny thing is about the VHS era, people preferred dubs over subs. And people couldn't wait for the official version because the the better video quality. A good dub was pretty much the determining factor if an anime was watched at all until 2008.
Energetic-NovaOct 15, 2017 9:00 AM
Oct 15, 2017 8:57 AM

Aug 2009
Rotton-Girl said:
FacelessVixen said:

Because I'm being petty, at least for a long as I'll remember this thread. No way in hell I'm returning my copies of Fullmetal Alchemist over this, but I won't be watching the English dub of Freezing any time soon (though mainly because English and ecchi don't mix well with me).

Oct 15, 2017 9:02 AM

Jun 2011
FacelessVixen said:
Rotton-Girl said:

Because I'm being petty, at least for a long as I'll remember this thread. No way in hell I'm returning my copies of Fullmetal Alchemist over this, but I won't be watching the English dub of Freezing any time soon (though mainly because English and ecchi don't mix well with me).

If you watch the Japanese version over it, when we all know it is better in English... lol

Meeting an actual jerk in two weeks, known as Vic. And I still watch that shit in English. No voice actor has more complaints than Vic. XD
Oct 15, 2017 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Of course, I try to find it on Crunchyroll first, but region locks are a curse per se. I also bought anime and I have many manga, but that logic is fucked up.

Oct 15, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You cant watch anime illegally what a funny joke Caitlyn
Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Oct 15, 2017 9:30 AM

Jun 2017
Well, just because she's right, that doesn't mean that she's correct.
Bingo! Emiya Shirou saves the day for ya.

Why are people actually taking a american va's opinion seriously in the first place?
Oct 15, 2017 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
Rotton-Girl said:
FacelessVixen said:

If you watch the Japanese version over it, when we all know it is better in English... lol

Meeting an actual jerk in two weeks, known as Vic. And I still watch that shit in English. No voice actor has more complaints than Vic. XD

Yeah, I heard stuff about Vic being a homophobe or something.

I try not to read too much into the personal life of celebrities that I like anymore, because I'm afraid I'll find something out about them that I dislike.

Oct 15, 2017 10:08 AM

Feb 2010
well I say fuck her, I don't give a shit about her stance on this I'm never, ever gonna feel bad about pirating something when it's the only way of consuming it, period. Legality is the one thing, but it's never gonna be unethical no matter what pricks like her say.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 15, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2010
Well the first season of Yamato is subbed on Bluray, but at almost $400 plus import/shipping tax. The second season I do not think is subbed. So I am going to pirate it since I really loved this series and want to continue it.

I bust my ass and only get $800 a month so if I can't afford to import then I can stream illegally if it isn't available on any legal platform okay.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 15, 2017 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
watch out boys! a voice actress gave her opinion! lets insult her and insult everyone in the industry REEEEEEEEEEE

"Technically" and "legally " she's not wrong but i don't care about what's "legal" because "legal" sites are not available in my country and they clearly don't give a damn about people like me so why should i give a damn about their "legal" stuff?
how is technically and legally right though?

if its not licensed to begin with, no one's revenue is being hampered by the said piracy and NO ONE has the right to it to begin with.
Oct 15, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2017
Roloko said:
Well the first season of Yamato is subbed on Bluray, but at almost $400 plus import/shipping tax. The second season I do not think is subbed. So I am going to pirate it since I really loved this series and want to continue it.

I bust my ass and only get $800 a month so if I can't afford to import then I can stream illegally if it isn't available on any legal platform okay.

the second season is getting subbed btw. 6 episodes have been subbed and released on the cat website.
Oct 15, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
I saw that on Twitter yesterday. I was laughing because it's just insane that people would actually admit that they are watching something illegally to people who are working in the industry!

I understand the point of view from the voice actors side. pirating isn't okay, there is no excuse for it. None

But then again they should also look at it from the viewpoint of anime fans. How popular do they think anime will be outside of Japan if people weren't pirating it? They probably won't even have a job if people weren't pirating it because how many people would pay a monthly subscription to access to a limited amount of anime? Or a limited amount of anything for that matter?

Also, the only people who technically have a right to get mad, are the anime studios and the mangakas. Licensors and voice actors who dub anime, didn't make shit so them getting angry is pretty damn silly.
ArillionOct 15, 2017 10:27 AM
Oct 15, 2017 10:18 AM

Jan 2017
KuroudoAkabane said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

how is technically and legally right though?

if its not licensed to begin with, no one's revenue is being hampered by the said piracy and NO ONE has the right to it to begin with.

that's a good point actually. i can't argue against it.
Oct 15, 2017 10:19 AM
Aug 2017
Then what I can watch over here in Iran is way too limited... Captain tsubasa, prince of tennis,bakugan, studio ghibli movies and haikyuu. That's almost all we have over here... A few other shitty stuff too
Oct 15, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
Ari_the_Lioness said:
I saw that on Twitter yesterday. I was laughing because it's just insane that people would actually admit that they are watching something illegally to people who are working in the industry!
Well, it's not like she could actually do anything, at least not to people who live outside of the U.S. cough like me cough... so I guess it doesn't really matter
Nico- said:
Oct 15, 2017 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:
Well, it's not like she could actually do anything, at least not to people who live outside of the U.S. cough like me cough... so I guess it doesn't really matter

Doesn't matter inside the US either. She can't do anything here either to be honest. Unless she tracks people's IP addresses. But we have way more important issues to worry about here than anime piracy.

And if you see the people who responded to Cailtin on Twitter, you see people agree with her about piracy being wrong (which again it is) but I willing to bet about 3/4 of those people are also watching illegally. They just aren't stupid enough to admit it to a person who works in the industry. LOL
ArillionOct 15, 2017 10:38 AM
Oct 15, 2017 10:41 AM

Mar 2015
Pullman said:
well I say fuck her, I don't give a shit about her stance on this I'm never, ever gonna feel bad about pirating something when it's the only way of consuming it, period. Legality is the one thing, but it's never gonna be unethical no matter what pricks like her say.

The biggest irony is most of them agreeing with her do watch pirated stuff themselves in private but who is going to tell that to an industry insider lol.

Not that if she took a different stance,she wouldn't be kicked out of her job for being a hypocrite.
Oct 15, 2017 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
Ari_the_Lioness said:
And if you see the people who responded to Cailtin on Twitter, you see people agree with her about piracy being wrong (which again it is) but I willing to bet about 3/4 of those people are also watching illegally. They just aren't stupid enough to admit it to a person who works in the industry. LOL
Of course they would never admit it. It's all about that sweet sweet celeb bootlicking. At least I'm being completely honest about the fact that I pirate
Nico- said:
Oct 15, 2017 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:
Of course they would never admit it. It's all about that sweet sweet celeb bootlicking. At least I'm being completely honest about the fact that I pirate

I pirate too and I'll admit it. Ain't trying to please anybody. These VA want to pay my bills, I'll be happy to use that bill money towards anime, if not, they should sit down and thank their lucky stars they have fans.
Oct 15, 2017 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
dint u hear
corporations r ppl toooo
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 15, 2017 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
bluntRespect said:
Pullman said:

The biggest irony is most of them agreeing with her do watch pirated stuff themselves in private but who is going to tell that to an industry insider lol.

Not that if she took a different stance,she wouldn't be kicked out of her job for being a hypocrite.

Exactly!! Her job is tell people it's wrong and they shouldn't do it, which most already know it's wrong and they shouldn't do it, but in the end, it's all anyone can do: tell people it's wrong and plead with them to stop although it's pretty pointless to do so.
Oct 15, 2017 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
Blow up the internet then people won't have access to pirated anime, but then people also won't have access to legal anime either. We are at an empasse, my friends.
Oct 15, 2017 10:56 AM

May 2015
Ari_the_Lioness said:

I understand the point of view from the voice actors side. pirating isn't okay, there is no excuse for it. None

But then again they should also look at it from the viewpoint of anime fans. How popular do they think anime will be outside of Japan if people weren't pirating it? They probably won't even have a job if people weren't pirating it because how many people would pay a monthly subscription to access to a limited amount of anime? Or a limited amount of anything for that matter?

Also, the only people who technically have a right to get mad, are the anime studios and the mangakas. Licensors and voice actors who dub anime, didn't make shit so them getting angry is pretty damn silly.

We don't need an excuse to begin with. It's their fault that people pirate. Simple as that.

Oct 15, 2017 11:08 AM

Jun 2007
Why the deliberate misnaming of Caitlin Glass? Afraid she'll Google her name and find this thread or something?

Piracy occurs when there are barriers put up by content providers
And yet for some reason, only 3 of the top 500 Most Popular anime on KA have never been licensed in the US, AKA the source of 30-35% of KA's traffic. And there's only a dozen or so that were licensed in the past and are now out-of-print/expired. That sure seems like a lot of piracy by US viewers of titles that are available to them.

Unless a "barrier put up by content providers" simply means "asking viewers to pay for the entertainment they watch."
Oct 15, 2017 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
Zalis said:
Why the deliberate misnaming of Caitlin Glass? Afraid she'll Google her name and find this thread or something?
LOL, I don't give a shit about whether some Ö-list voice actress likes my threads or not. But in all honesty, I actually misread her name. You can send her the link if you want.
And yet for some reason, only 3 of the top 500 Most Popular anime on KA have never been licensed in the US, AKA the source of 30-35% of KA's traffic. And there's only a dozen or so that were licensed in the past and are now out-of-print/expired. That sure seems like a lot of piracy by US viewers of titles that are available to them.

Unless a "barrier put up by content providers" simply means "asking viewers to pay for the entertainment they watch."
Nice try attempting to derail the conversation to make it revolve around general piracy, but that's not what this thread is about
Nico- said:
Oct 15, 2017 11:14 AM

May 2015
Zalis said:

Yeah, and KA still offers more. CR, Funimation, Netflix, and especially Amazon, are all ass. Why should I pay for something that's worse than free alternative?

Oct 15, 2017 11:14 AM

Jan 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:

We don't need an excuse to begin with. It's their fault that people pirate. Simple as that.

Actually no it's not their fault. We CHOSE to pirate. We don't HAVE to, we CHOOSE to. Watching anime is privilege, not a right. A lot of anime is licensed where I live but I'm choosing to watch it illegally. And that my choice and my fault. No one else's. So sorry, that statement is one thing I don't agree with.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

54 by TsutanaiFuun »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 1 hour ago

15 by Sorachin »»
6 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 8 hours ago

14 by Yuri-Crusader »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 28 minutes ago

7 by NubFix »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 3 hours ago

10 by Sorachin »»
14 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.