Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2017 11:26 AM
Apr 2016
The part that Meteora criticize Altair design was hilarious. The animation team taking advantage to express their pain toward the boss hahaha ...
Jul 1, 2017 11:29 AM
Nov 2014
Recaps did 9/11
Normal episodes can't melt steel beams
Jul 1, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
Probably the best recap episode I have ever seen in a while. It was enjoyable, not too tedious, the self awares jokes were funny (like that scene where the recap shows all the times Selesia has her butt kicked and Meteora says in her deadpan voice that "she is not useless and we should forgive her" or the one where Meteora compares Altair's hair with a mop,e xpressing her distaste for her) and overall it was well made.
Also, this Meteora is an absolute delight to the sight.

Jul 1, 2017 11:51 AM
Jul 2014
This episode was neither particularly bad nor particularly good. I would have preferred that they continued the narrative, but obviously this episode with its reduced production time gave the team the time to hash out more of the details for the rest of the series.

Meteora actually did a good job with her insults (she seems to be good at this, unlike her puns), and the way the recap episode was clearly stilted towards her views made it all the better; we got some interesting character details as well.

That being said, with four new characters to be introduced, I really don't think that the Re:cap was a good idea, as it removes time that could be used to flesh out the newer characters and develop the narrative towards an understandable ending.

side note: I predict that there's going to be lots of, ahem, "Rule 34" of Meteora's idealized self, too.
Jul 1, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
Is it that bad I want more "big tanned tiddy Meteora"? I find it adorable in a way that our deredere Meteora sort of want to have a more appealing "image" to "us", so that's what we get. xD

(And that form would be OP, but f*ck I won't mind 'cause I'm not a huge fan of Altair...)

I love these little 4th wall jokes and GOLLY I'm not alone with Altair's complex design. xD (And again I'm not a fan of the core antagonist anyway!)

Still RIP Mamika.

I think its nice that its a re-cap to those who are "behind". This is going to be a two-season anime and we are in for a big ride for the Summer. A little comedic break is nice, because I had a feeling that the next few episodes are going to be crazy!

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 1, 2017 12:05 PM

Apr 2017
Halfway through the episode...is this a recap??

Well, "World Etude" music video is the best part of this whole show right now, lol.
BalsaminaJul 1, 2017 12:30 PM
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jul 1, 2017 12:07 PM

Apr 2016
Waaaait weren't we supposed to get the 2nd op this episode? I loved the song a lot so I was hyped :c
Metchin's commentary was pretty funny. Magane still best girl tho.

Jul 1, 2017 12:38 PM
Aug 2014
Best recap I ever saw.
Jul 1, 2017 12:51 PM
Jul 2014
SongstressSL said:

Well, "World Etude" music video is the best part of this whole show right now, lol.

TBH, I thought that "World Etude" was a very "meh" music video. It also seems to have differed from the version that we got a snippet of in previous episodes.

Given that it's basically "background as a music video," I honestly think that Watamote's opening did a better job.
Jul 1, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 2017
firemagnet said:
SongstressSL said:

TBH, I thought that "World Etude" was a very "meh" music video. It also seems to have differed from the version that we got a snippet of in previous episodes.

Given that it's basically "background as a music video," I honestly think that Watamote's opening did a better job.

Err... I never said "World Etude" is great on its own. Just saying. But sure...
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jul 1, 2017 1:24 PM
Jun 2017
This series confuses me so much, it's a great concept, the actions good when there is some, but it's been so all over the place with pacing so far. 12 episodes in do we really need a recap?! It just killed all momentum once again.

I guess it was intended as a divider to say "we're starting the second half of the series", but it's not as if there's really a new story arc or any real reason this series needs to be seen as split in two halves.

They tried to be fun with the recap which is something I suppose, though to me it does feel like they went for a Gintama style recap episode (which are great & done really well), but failed by quite some margin imo.
Jul 1, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
At first minute i thought meh i should probably skip this recap shit.

Then alternate sexy meteora appeared destroyed altair like nothing, and proceded too basically give us thoughts of authors on main fights and events of the series in quite satiric way mocking characters as well i lold at Altair Hair being like Mutated Mop and hard too animate. Especially liked those last minutes when she basically imitated congratulation scene from NGE just with more shit all over the rage that numerous fans have with newer anime. And authors need a week brake too part , that killed me.

Probably 1 of top 3 episodes actually .

I hope that confidence that meteora/author of re creators shown us will not just end up on words for second half. If the show ended here for me it would be like something between 7- 7.5 but not close clean 8/10 material and thats with enjoyment taken into account.

It still has time if strongest cards are yet too be shown
ExowaveJul 1, 2017 1:34 PM
Jul 1, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2015
awesome narrating Meteora and dam I wanted to hear the rest of that song sang by you
Jul 1, 2017 1:49 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
I thought something wasn't quite right about this ep almost right away when Meteora "misspoke" and rephrased what she was saying. I was in tears by the end of it from laughing so hard. I may have even peed a little.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Jul 1, 2017 1:55 PM

Sep 2014
Interesting and definetely enjoyable way to do a recap. Meteora interacting with the viewers , this show really emphasizes the connections between the two sides of the screen: Characters - Creators , Creations - viewers.

The parody of World Etude song gave me a smile once I heard how it sounds , was mildly surprised when it was actually an Ending.

Also to staff , please do Altair with tracksuit and sandals.
Jul 1, 2017 2:21 PM
Jul 2014
Orionite_ said:
Interesting and definetely enjoyable way to do a recap. Meteora interacting with the viewers , this show really emphasizes the connections between the two sides of the screen: Characters - Creators , Creations - viewers.

The parody of World Etude song gave me a smile once I heard how it sounds , was mildly surprised when it was actually an Ending.

I'd kill to see Altair in a normal costume. Even better with her sneaking around trying to grab food with sunglasses on (clark kenting). However, we'd probably get this reaction afterwards:

"Does this look like the face of mercy to you?"
Jul 1, 2017 3:08 PM

Apr 2014
There's definitely something wrong with the shows production when you feel like the recap episode was better than the cannon episodes..
Jul 1, 2017 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
This was an interesting recap episode. Meteora's commentary was amusing.
Jul 1, 2017 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
This is how a re cap should be. Meteora was hilarious! Finally the new opening Shout next week, can't wait. I'M OBSESSED WITH IT
Jul 1, 2017 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, the quality is getting worse...

No Boku no Hero today, Eromanga ended last week and now Re:Creators with this Re:Cap. Might as well have slept through the entire saturday.
Jul 1, 2017 3:39 PM
Jul 2017
Achei meio desanimado o ep 13
Jul 1, 2017 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
I laughed way too hard
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 1, 2017 4:13 PM

Apr 2011

They read my mind. It's all a plot.
Jul 1, 2017 4:22 PM
Jul 2016
This Episode was very funny, like in one of gintama episode. I can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Nov 2014
Grimmgeta said:
Shouldn't this be listed as 12.5 instead of 13 if it's a recap?

Yes absolutely should have been so we could skip this garbage.
Jul 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Jun 2017
Orionite_ said:

For me, No matter how many insults Meteofag... ehrm I mean Meteora throws at Altair, Altair's still the best girl!
See how much efforts the Animators put just to animate her.. Well, it's not like they're force too, it's because they need to.

Also to staff, Next episode: Beat up Meteora, the beating she received in this episose, it is still not punishment for the stunt she pulled on Hime in the early scenes..
Also:TO STAFF, please do Cute Altair in normal costume.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 1, 2017 4:38 PM

Jun 2017
Exowave said:
At first minute i thought meh i should probably skip this recap shit.

Then alternate sexy meteora appeared destroyed altair like nothing, and proceded too basically give us thoughts of authors on main fights and events of the series in quite satiric way mocking characters as well i lold at Altair Hair being like Mutated Mop and hard too animate. Especially liked those last minutes when she basically imitated congratulation scene from NGE just with more shit all over the rage that numerous fans have with newer anime. And authors need a week brake too part , that killed me.

Probably 1 of top 3 episodes actually .

I hope that confidence that meteora/author of re creators shown us will not just end up on words for second half. If the show ended here for me it would be like something between 7- 7.5 but not close clean 8/10 material and thats with enjoyment taken into account.

It still has time if strongest cards are yet too be shown

Well, I enjoyed this Episode because Meteofag.. erh uhm. I mean Metera is just dreaming. In truth she'll never beat Altair. :)
That's why Altair is the best girl, see how much efforts are put in just to animate her.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 1, 2017 4:39 PM

Jun 2014
FireFistYamaan said:
This is how a re cap should be. Meteora was hilarious! Finally the new opening Shout next week, can't wait. I'M OBSESSED WITH IT

Agreed. Cant believe anybody would want a normal recap.
Jul 1, 2017 4:42 PM

Feb 2015
Man, I'd totally read/watch all of the series in this show if they actually existed. Even the magical girl stuff.

Not a bad recap, totally destroys all those shitty things that just cut parts of the show into a collage.
Jul 1, 2017 4:56 PM
Jan 2017
After the last few episodes were filled with non-stop action and character development, viewers needed some way to catch their breaths. Fortunately, Meteora comes to the rescue with a recap episode filled with her own brand of humor. Meteora even gets the viewers to have a few laughs at the other characters' expense. At the same time, the main story manages to advance in some way by getting viewers to understand the characters and their abilities. I'm really excited for next week.
Jul 1, 2017 4:59 PM

Sep 2010
BEST RECAP EVER!!!

+ 4th Wall-break
+ "Selesia is not weak" Montage of her getting rekt
+ Meteora's Secondary Sexy Form
+ Meteora bashing Altair's mop hair
+ Meteora talking about the quality of the show and the future of the anime industry
+ Meteora's concern for the animators for Altair
Jul 1, 2017 5:03 PM

Jul 2016
so I waited a whole week for this ? sometimes I feel that MAL is trolling me, look at the voting !

the ending song was the only thing I actaully liked
Jul 1, 2017 5:07 PM
Jun 2017
Best recap in the history of anime
Jul 1, 2017 5:19 PM
Aug 2015
ISwordI said:
The ost at the near end? Not the ending , ty :x

it's called E:verydaytor1 from the second disc.
Jul 1, 2017 5:58 PM

Feb 2017
I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed this recap, it wasn't like any other normal recap.

Meteora is the best girl here and her narrative is supreme. She went from indulging her own delusions (if she were to re-create herself as an OP character), that I found extremely funny, to break the fourth wall during the whole episode. I loved her sense of humor, giving nicknames to other characters (Grasshopper Glasses killed me, tbqh), justifying Selesia's lost battle against Mamika, and giving a little bit of sh*it to Blitz, Aliceteria --yes, we do know you don't like her, Metchin-- and Altair (that bit of meta-anime when she was talking about the animators was pure gold!). And finally, we got to see the full video Shimazaki uploaded before her suicide.

I'm really looking forward to next episode, now that Charon is here!
Jul 1, 2017 6:10 PM

Jul 2016
A random fan Meteora x Sota moment:

Meteora: Will you become my (spinoff) creator?
Sota: Yes, I will!

Jul 1, 2017 6:12 PM
Apr 2013
QuattroVaginas said:
Can we keep the new Meteora?

Definitely prefer the new her over the original.
Jul 1, 2017 6:46 PM

Jan 2014

lol Meteora breaking the fourth wall

Jul 1, 2017 6:59 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This is probably the most entertaining recap episode that I have ever witnessed. xD I thought this would be only a normal recap but suddenly, I witnessed a sexy tanned glamorous Meteora with a different voice who wipes out Altair in a flash and that concludes the story of Re:Creators. xDD

Frankly, I never asked for a recap episode, but this recap was so funny because of Meteora's cynical narration. I laughed so much than I should have. xD "Muscle Brains can't hold a conversation." xDD And when Altair was introduced, she criticized everything about the Military Uniform Princess, such as her "mop hair" and how difficult it was for the animators to animate Altair. xDDD The narration was very cynical, but combined with Meteora's deadpan voice, the commentary was truly hilarious. I enjoyed listening to Rem Meteora doing all the speech in this episode. She broke the fourth wall like it was a fragile piece of paper. :P

I want more of Meteora's inner thoughts. Please. :P
Jul 1, 2017 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
I noticed it was a recap episode when she said it, because it was so funny.
Jul 1, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
BEST. RECAPITULATION. EPISODE. EVER.
Jul 1, 2017 7:20 PM
Jul 2014
Deathsaurus said:
QuattroVaginas said:
Can we keep the new Meteora?

Definitely prefer the new her over the original.

Eh, Tan! Meteora is clearly her own idealized form based upon what she's seen of other universes. Didn't really like the CV they used for her either, TBH.

LunyRed said:

I want more of Meteora's inner thoughts. Please. :P

Agreed. She's the perfect fourth-wall breaker and cynic. She'd be very good companion to Deadpool. Deadpool and Meteora OTP!
firemagnetJul 1, 2017 7:23 PM
Jul 1, 2017 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
That was a reasonably good recap, comparing to other anime. In some series a summary is literally a boring copy->paste from previous happenings. Studio TROYCA has succeeded this time in producing the "compendium" - 13th episode. I had both WTF!? and LOL! moments during the experience. There are some delicacies in this recapitulation. In particular:

• Introducing a completely new "sexy" look of Miss Österreich.
• Making fun of other, not-so-fictional characters (except Charon).
• Breaking the "4th Wall" by the peculiar librarian.
• Articulating Meteora's rather amusing views on animators work, character design and the current state of big anime business.

Seeing the tawny magician at 5:15 made me shout an analogue of WTF in my language. Hearing about Altair's "mop hair" caused me to laugh laudly. That was an entertaining passage. It would probably be better for us though, if there wasn't an abbreviation episode at all.
Jul 1, 2017 8:00 PM

Oct 2016
"Without an interval (recap) like this, the director and producer would end up as shriveled-up mummies before the second-half even begins..."

haha! okayy~ that sums it up XD

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jul 1, 2017 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
No Boku no Hero Academia and now a recap. This was not a good weekend. At least Meteora was interesting enough for me to actually watch this all the way through.

"If I may speak on behalf of the animation staff, this character was designed just to make their jobs difficult. It makes us question the sanity of the designer."
Jul 1, 2017 8:45 PM
Jul 2014
Mozek said:
That was a reasonably good recap, comparing to other anime. In some series a summary is literally a boring copy->paste from previous happenings. Studio TROYCA has succeeded this time in producing the "compendium" - 13th episode. I had both WTF!? and LOL! moments during the experience. There are some delicacies in this recapitulation. In particular:

• Introducing a completely new "sexy" look of Miss Österreich.
• Making fun of other, not-so-fictional characters (except Charon).
• Breaking the "4th Wall" by the peculiar librarian.
• Articulating Meteora's rather amusing views on animators work, character design and the current state of big anime business.

Seeing the tawny magician at 5:15 made me shout an analogue of WTF in my language. Hearing about Altair's "mop hair" caused me to laugh laudly. That was an entertaining passage. It would probably be better for us though, if there wasn't an abbreviation episode at all.

Good comments, and I agree with you about the abbreviation episode. It would have been better for us, but it really fleshed out Meteora as a character (and fit into her personality as is). It should be noted that Meteora's recap only noted the events that she, personally, was aware of or made aware of. No mention made of Charon, for instance.
Jul 1, 2017 9:12 PM
Apr 2013
The ability to write new/side stories and gain new powers make me wonder, can Mamika be written back to life again after being killed? Would she lose her memories if she is revived?
Jul 1, 2017 9:29 PM

Jul 2016
wut a recap, quite hilarious with Meteora as the the narrator and doing the commentary.

great ED world étude, *shivers* really fitting for the character of Altair. I thought they're going to play the new OP, well gonna waut for it.
Jul 1, 2017 9:51 PM
Jul 2014
I normally hate recap episodes, but the team clearly had fun doing this one and I kept grinning throughout.

More studio's need to take notes of this and at least try do something different than a stock standard slide show recap.
Jul 1, 2017 10:04 PM

Mar 2008
its concerning that this recap ep is the most entertaining one.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.