Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 17, 2017 7:19 PM

Jan 2008
Abyhape said:
Deku pick a hero name next week, I wonder what it is?

I bet it's going to be a cop out and just be fucking Deku.
Jun 17, 2017 7:36 PM

Apr 2017
Half Assed? More Like Shameless Victory from a Guy who win at first place.

I honestly know why people used to hate this short paced fight since we're comparing a lot more off-based Quirk Battle Style between both of them.

Since Either Todoroki can't go on loose by using his own left side from the entire fight, but through conveying words, Bakugou thought that clashing with him could be more than just his willpower and left regret on hating himself that becoming hero like this doesn't get amount of credits.

From this episode, we know that, the best is not always number oneο»Ώ.

5/5

Can't wait for the Next Arc

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 17, 2017 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
lol the "hero killer" sucks ass as a villain , why is the brother still alive ?

the brother was on the ground with no help coming so why didn't the killer finish the job ?

a villain that has an intention to kill but then does not kill even tho he had a chance is a bad villain
Jun 17, 2017 8:36 PM

Jun 2016
That's a good episode.
The scene of Lida's brothers, Hero killer seems to be OP
Jun 17, 2017 9:03 PM

Jul 2016
AW COME ON. KACCHAN WON?! What kind of bullshit is this?! Not that I don't like Bakugo, I love him and all but it just seemed like Shouto was the winner in my heart. That was cute how he went over and collapsed on the ice as well though. The happy go lucky music while he was chained up lmaooo! Family moment tearjerkers... I'm glad he's still alive, for all that hero killing preaching I thought he was a goner for sure. I won't forgive Shouto's mom. Deku in suspenders was such a great clothing choice. I can't wait for the next episode!
Jun 17, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2017
Loved this episode, much character development for Todoroki and Bakugo. Loved the last scene where Todoroki visited his mother.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 9:53 PM
Jul 2014
TBH I was kinda pissed that Bakugo won... although clearly not as pissed as he himself was.

I wish they'd address his obvious personality problems though -- they're supposed to be training heroes, not just training quirks. If he keeps on like this he's probably going to turn into a villain. (Although I'd be ok with that, as then maybe someone would finally kick his ass like he so richly deserves.)

Ok, that turned into more of a rant than I was expecting. I just really don't like him, I guess.

The episode was great, though.
Jun 17, 2017 10:23 PM

Mar 2016
An epic final fight for the tournament Bakugo vs Todoroki! I wasn't surprised by the result like many others were because I knew that Midoriya's interaction during his fight with Todoroki would shake Todoroki's mental focus in the final fight. Todoroki could have easily won the fight at two different points but he holds back because he is unsure in his path moving forward. Bakugo knows that he didn't deserve to win in such a way and it frustrates him to no end! Iiida's brother just barely survived and it was sad to see him in that state. The ending was sad too with Todoroki visiting his mother in the mental hospital. The preview for the next episode looks like a fluff episode between arcs but I think it will still be an awesome episode packed with comedy, emotion, and pure enjoyment!

PLUS ULTRA!!!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 17, 2017 11:02 PM

Nov 2014
Ribbon said:
i don't know why they didn't explicitly show that iida's brother died, because he did. anyways, the tournament arc is over and i really really enjoyed it - the anime followed the manga so faithfully with such good animation quality, all the seiyuus' voices matched really well too... 10/10. bnha never disappoints and i'm really excited for the internship/stain arc!!.
He didnt die.
Jun 17, 2017 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
Solid end to the arc. Surprisingly no deaths.
Jun 17, 2017 11:20 PM

Nov 2014
juicykitten95 said:
lol the "hero killer" sucks ass as a villain , why is the brother still alive ?

the brother was on the ground with no help coming so why didn't the killer finish the job ?

a villain that has an intention to kill but then does not kill even tho he had a chance is a bad villain

Maybe bcuz
1. The other heroes arrived in time to save him, since ingenium did talk in the speaker of his location before meeting the hero killer
2. Or maybe the hero killer wasnt aiming for the kill? Also, a good villain doesnt have to be ruthless and always go for the kill. Just because he may have let someone live doesnt make him a bad villain, it makes him "human", in fact.

Besides, the hero killer doesnt kill ALL heroes. He has a creed he follows, which you'll see in a few episodes.
Jun 17, 2017 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
Shouto..... I AM LOVING HIS DEVELOPMENT! I really wanted him to win the tournament and kick ass, but I LOVE that his one fight with Deku didn't "cure" him. He is actually processing and now wants to save his mother. I hope he succeeds and is able to move passed this.

Deku is such a good person.

LOL at Bakugo, I am so happy he is unhappy about Shouto not giving it his all. If he was happy and gloating then I would have hated him. But this way, I respect Bakugo. He wants to be indisputably #1. "DAMN GERMS, DIE"

All together now:
Thanks for you har---US ULTRA
Jun 17, 2017 11:49 PM
Oct 2007
Absolutely amazing despite being anticlimax for the final battle!!

It's been a while since the big 4 that I have felt this way mostly and I would love Boku no Academia to join the party as big 5..

10/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2017 1:18 AM

Mar 2014
Really nice closure to the tournament arc, Bones really went all out this arc to make the characters shine, considering for a lot of characters it's the first time they get the spotlight.

I feel like they added a bit to the Shoto / Mom scene, will have to reread that part later
Jun 18, 2017 2:01 AM

Oct 2009
Not what I expected but dam that was good! I felt for Bakugo this time around..also gotta give props to Bones for the little recap to hype up the fight.
Jun 18, 2017 2:12 AM

Jan 2010
Man I was so hyped to see this episode because I love Todoroki and Bakugou so much and them fighting is like dream come true (because I thought the final would be Bakugou vs Midoriya)

My heart was pounding even when it's still downloading.

And I never been this excited watching an anime since forever.

I was a little let down with the fight. I wish Todoroki would go all out. I relate with Bakugou a lot on this.

However the little fight that was shown was really intense and amazing and I was as excited as ever only for it to be short lasting. Man I feel Bakugou's rage so much. Everyone been looking down on him (according to him), and to see Todoroki, the one he considers to be the strongest (not that he would ever admit it), didn't go all out against him BUT against DEKU of all people. That was like twice the blow. He wanted an undisputeable first place and it's all blown out of the window with Todoroki not going all out.

But his (explosive) reaction to this all is so hilarious lmao. Bakugou seriously, I loled so hard when he showed up all binded up lmao. And laughed even hard when he stubbornly refused the medal to be put on oh my god my boy. lmao
Pretty sure he is the only one in the world screaming the germs to die while teeth brushing. This boy I swear lmao You just can't not love this dork.

I ended up a bit annoyed at Todoroki, I don't know, I have a hard time relate to him/understand him.

Anyways I love how the narrative hyped up Bakugou's technique/intelligent so much.

Now move on to Ingenium... I love him already more than Tenya! I hope he is okay
; w ;

Just when I thought I can finally stopped watching this series for a while now that the tournament was over (I planned to binge watch and failed), next episode is time to pick hero name?! Arrgh I want to know!!! That's sounds like a lot of fun!!
I really really hope I can binge watch at least the second half of the season though now that the first half had failed miserably.

Anyway, nice episode but I liked Todoroki vs Midoriya and Bakugou vs Uraraka episodes better. (in terms of epicness)
It's not that this episode is not epic, it's just not what I expected.

Anyway, go beyond plus ultra!

See you at the end of the season! (hopefully!)
Jun 18, 2017 2:20 AM

Jan 2010
Lelouch0202 said:

Holy shit! I was legit scared when Uraraka's parents came running toward her when she opened the door. XD

I actually squeaked lmao. Scarier than horror animes XD
Jun 18, 2017 2:24 AM

Jul 2012
Beyond the battles, I think this arc was important in establishing Todoroki's relationship with (and in contrast to) Deku and Bakugou.

Glad that their connection develops even further in the next couple arcs.
Jun 18, 2017 3:17 AM

Jun 2008
Lame as fuck!

I can't be the only one who disliked this ending to the arc?

I mean, really?

I know a lot of people compared this arc to the Naruto exam thingy....but that had way better fights, waaaaaaay better character development, and overall it was far more exciting.

The only fight I thought was really good was Deku vs Todoroki...

I'm pretty disappointed with how this arc ended, considering how hyped I was at the beginning of it...

Shounen gonna be shounen I guess.
Jun 18, 2017 5:31 AM

Nov 2014
JustALEX said:
Lame as fuck!

I mean, really?

I know a lot of people compared this arc to the Naruto exam thingy....but that had way better fights, waaaaaaay better character development, and overall it was far more exciting.

I'm pretty disappointed with how this arc ended, considering how hyped I was at the beginning of it...

Yo bro u might wanna get ur eyes checked cuz naruto does not have "waaaaaaay better character development". Neji and sakura are the only ones that got character development. While in bnha we have izuku, todoroki, uraraka, bakugo... oh and tenya's development is coming up, if u cant tell from the obvious foreshadowing.

And by better fight do u mean fights that last like 4 episodes with half of them being flashbacks? other than lee vs gaara which is considerably short in comparison to the others that is entertaining to watch, the other dragged out fights instead of keeping my interest up, bores me. Sometimes short and straightforward fights are better. Like gaara vs the unimportant side character which ended in like 10 seconds cuz he's op, this is exactly like kaminari vs shiozaki, momo vs todoroki, and the other short fights that ended in like a second, because one's quirk is more op when paired against their opponent's. Also, other examples include shikamaru vs temari or shikamau vs kin, they are all short because character uses his brain, just like uraraka did against bakugo, todoroki did against tenya, bakugo did against tokoyami, but i dont see you complaining about that?
ttcchenJun 18, 2017 5:44 AM
Jun 18, 2017 6:54 AM

May 2015
Shicchi said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Holy shit! I was legit scared when Uraraka's parents came running toward her when she opened the door. XD

I actually squeaked lmao. Scarier than horror animes XD

Thank god i wasn't the only one. :DD

As always awesome episode. It was pure fun to watch.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 18, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2015
Really, really hoping Bakugo's screentime either drops through the floor or he gets even the tiniest bit of development because his character is utterly insufferable and fucking stupid. Can't take his personality seriously at all; it's way too overdone.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 18, 2017 8:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Maz said:
Really, really hoping Bakugo's screentime either drops through the floor or he gets even the tiniest bit of development
Lol, strangely enough, both of those will happen in this season XD
Jun 18, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Maz said:
Really, really hoping Bakugo's screentime either drops through the floor or he gets even the tiniest bit of development

Well thank fuck for that. His character is the sole criticism I would have for this series; otherwise it's solid.
Jun 18, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2015
JustALEX said:
Lame as fuck!

I mean, really?

"Lame as fuck!" is my reaction to this comment.

Jun 18, 2017 12:22 PM

Apr 2016
I wish Bakugo screamed less
Jun 18, 2017 12:51 PM

Apr 2016
Kittens-kun said:
JustALEX said:
Lame as fuck!

I mean, really?

"Lame as fuck!" is my reaction to this comment.

I get that feeling. In naruto it's like the climax of the story but this is just like the intro.
Jun 18, 2017 1:32 PM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
the classroom afther the tournament, was how in this point all will change in the future episodes :/
Jun 18, 2017 1:34 PM

Nov 2014
Maz said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Well thank fuck for that. His character is the sole criticism I would have for this series; otherwise it's solid.
unfortunately thats not gonna happen in this series cuz hes clearly one of the main characters so screentime is reassured and seeing how well this mangaka has done so far with character development you can expect some very good development for bakugo in the future, whether u like it or not. I hope you're not dropping this anime just because u dont like one character. Because then you'll be missing put on aome very good shit.
Jun 18, 2017 2:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:
Maz said:

unfortunately thats not gonna happen in this series cuz hes clearly one of the main characters so screentime is reassured and seeing how well this mangaka has done so far with character development you can expect some very good development for bakugo in the future, whether u like it or not. I hope you're not dropping this anime just because u dont like one character. Because then you'll be missing put on aome very good shit.
Bakugou didn't have that much screentime in the next arc though.
Jun 18, 2017 2:06 PM

Nov 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
ttcchen said:
yeah not the next one, i was talking about the entire series in general. he's one of the main characters (more than tsuyu and the co) so he'll definitely have more screentime in the future, more than the person above would prefer.
Jun 18, 2017 2:15 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
yeah not the next one, i was talking about the entire series in general. he's one of the main characters (more than tsuyu and the co) so he'll definitely have more screentime in the future, more than the person above would prefer.
Yeah definetely, Bakugou's a really important character. I would say that he's the third main character, right after Midoriya and All Might.
Jun 18, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2015
ttcchen said:
Maz said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still wholly behind the series and look forward to watching it every week. I'd certainly not drop it because of Bakugo. I merely wish for him to actually receive some development seeing as he's had his current personality ever since he was little. My criticism is at the utter lack of any sort of development and how over-the-top he is. It's one thing to have a tempermental person but another entirely when they're 11/10 24/7
Jun 18, 2017 3:09 PM
Apr 2014
I really didn't care who wins at that point but sadly I have to agree with what Bakugo said. What's the point of winning if they didn't both go all out? Might as well let have Midoriya win the previous round if that was all what Todoroki was going to do against Bakugo... Such a pointless final for a tournament of this importance.

OMG the ceremony xD Bakugo refusing to take the medal was the best. I'm honestly surprised All Might was able to stay in form for it. Doesn't he have like almost no time left for his transformation anymore?

Wow. Iida's brother survived? And the scene with Todoroki's mother was kinda interesting. I'm curious if we are going to see more about soon or if they are going to leave it at that.
Jun 18, 2017 3:55 PM
May 2017
In the past episodes I have seen every single person I wanted to win lose instead. With the first time Uraraka vs Bakugou we seen Uraraka trying to do her best and it kinda led us on to believe that Uraraka could win and then just dropped us hard. And that's not the worst of it. I understand the "realism" in this but, why would they make the main character lose before the main climax? I mean it would be fine to see Midoriya lose to Bakugou and get second place but for him to not even get third place?

Though I'm grateful for this because I enjoyed seeing that Midoriya and Todoroki became friends and stuff and now that my favorite character is Todoroki then. But then they did it again! I can't believe Bakugou could treat Todoroki like that! Bakugou doesn't understand anything! He just wants to win, that's all. I'm very mad that they screwed the Tournament Arc for me but I think it's probably better in the long run.
Jun 18, 2017 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
thebrentinator24 said:
I thought I'd see way more people being upset about the result of the final fight, but I guess not. It was still pretty anticlimactic though, but Bones was able to make the fight more enjoyable than the manga counterpart.

Not at all anticlimactic. Those fight scenes were superbly animated. They even did justice to Todoroki. Can I also say how much I love how they've made it clear how Todoroki's head just hasn't been in the game since Deku's fight? You can feel him making mistakes... where has this superbly developed character even come from?? I've been blindsided!
AnimeFan500 said:
Bakugo won the match but todoroki won my heart 😭😭 Todoroki starting line 😭
T^T
Maz said:
Really, really hoping Bakugo's screentime either drops through the floor or he gets even the tiniest bit of development because his character is utterly insufferable and fucking stupid. Can't take his personality seriously at all; it's way too overdone.
As someone mentioned earlier, he needs to go villain, and then get some sense knocked into him. The way he went all berserk on Todoroki when the dude was literally just. sitting. quietly. irked me to no end. OR if he's going to be like this, people should not praise his character, and seriously reprimand the guy. No one should be 'understanding' of him. He has done nothing to deserve people's 'understanding'. (I'm high-key still mad at him for bullying Deku so visciously in episode 1, season 1)

And yet.... he does have an 'explosive' quirk, so his personality sorta....fits.....>.<
Jun 18, 2017 4:34 PM
Aug 2010
So glad to see I'm not the only one that butt-squeaked when Uraraka opened her front door, I was NOT expecting that! :D

This has become one of those Anime's that I really don't want to end, though I've pretty much felt that way since the beginning, it's just gotten more exciting and I love being completely eager for the next episode.
Jun 18, 2017 5:22 PM

May 2014
Gosh, this anime keeps subverting my expectations- its fights kind of remind me of Hunter x Hunter- they look brilliant, but hardly last long and don't necessarily depend on characters muscling their way through. Each fight adds some nuance to a characters and their relationships, and I can definitely get behind that!

I was expecting this final fight to take up a majority of the episode, but it didn't even last half an episode...not to mention that whilst Bakugou technically won, it wasn't a win by his own standards. In his mind, he still lost to Deku because Todoroki didn't go all out against him like he did in their fight.
Add that to Bakugou's loss against Deku in the first season, and I can understand why they had to muzzle the angry little guy XD

Second half held its own too with Iida's heart being shattered because his big bro who he'd idolized his whole life got wrecked. Todoroki deciding to visit his mother had me teared up, I'm glad Todoroki got some development and I hope he can patch things up and take a step forward.

Bits after the ED were hilarious with Ochako's parents breaking into her apartment surprising her, and Deku's mum fangirling over her son to the point where she confessed she'd passed on seven times. Bless her!

Also starting to think Bakugou has a bad relationship with his parents or something...especially if they're anything like, well, him lol.
I just can't envisage him having a doting parent...you don't see him getting any praise like Ochako and Deku :/
Although the teeth brushing scene had me rolling :'D

Next episode seems like a cool down after the sports festival- I can't wait to find out what hero names everyone picks!!!

Jun 18, 2017 9:14 PM

Dec 2015
itssimplyme said:
Maz said:
As someone mentioned earlier, he needs to go villain,

Hmmmm... then we'll have to wait and see... HAHA!

itssimplyme said:
The way he went all berserk on Todoroki when the dude was literally just. sitting. quietly. irked me to no end. OR if he's going to be like this, people should not praise his character, and seriously reprimand the guy. No one should be 'understanding' of him. He has done nothing to deserve people's 'understanding'. (I'm high-key still mad at him for bullying Deku so visciously in episode 1, season 1)

"just sitting there, quietly" ??? LOL! this phrase sounded like "he's there doing nothing" to me

I think He's more of half assing his fight and not using all he got instead of "just.sitting. quietly" XD

"Bakugou went all berserk..."
-Wasn't Todo the first one who attacked though? after Bakugou got out from Todo's ice He charge in and Todo was caught of guard cause he's too slow to react to his counter attack.
-If Todo's just sitting there quietly... then its not the opponents fault for abruptly attacking him, it's suppose to be a match, thats part of his strategy. you do nothing then you lose. simple as that.
and Todo's known to be one of the strongest. Wouldn't it irks you more when you're all fired up on your match but Todo's "just sitting there quietly" as if silently insulting you, because the kid's not taking the fight seriously/ not taking you seriously...

"Bakugou getting praised" Now I've been seeing this a lot...
D'you mean in BNHA or in reality? haha!
-well in BNHA
Before coming to UA, Yes. But it's quite the opposite when he got into UA. The UA kids know that bakugou is an asshole and they call him out on that. in Season 2 episode 2, when bakugou called them extras, LOL! didn't Iida told him to stop calling them extras? There are more, even in Season1 but I can't remember what eps...
-My point is they weren't praising him for his aggressive behavior, they were praising him for his skills because in all honesty the kid is really good, If your going for the heroics then you'll have to take note from a stronger person.

"No one should be "understanding" of him" is kind of selfish to say Y'now
-I won't go saying "you should stop hating bakugou" because thats on you, and I do get where you're anger is coming from really... and its the same reason with all those who hate him... Its just saddening to me that most of his actions gets disregarded, all because of his aggressive nature.
-I know people have different tastes, some finds his loud behavior irritating and some, like me finds it hilarious, cause it's just fiction, and noticing the visuals and sound effects, the Animation takes it as if it was comedy. To me He won't be "Bakugou" if He wasn't a rage machine. XD
-and I know we cannot excuse him for what he did to Izuku but he's still just a kid y'now, Kids makes mistakes and learns from it. and Bakugou will soon...
-BNHA is far from being over, We just need to chill and wait cause I'm sure we'll see bakugou's development gradually... :D
QueenSapphireJun 19, 2017 5:09 AM
Jun 18, 2017 10:08 PM
Jul 2014
Off-Topic:

Its just me or the Sequel / Prequel links under the "Releated Anime" is missing ? There is only Adaptaion now.

Edit: Only for Animes, Manga still normal.
Jun 19, 2017 1:00 AM

Nov 2014
Maz said:
ttcchen said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still wholly behind the series and look forward to watching it every week. I'd certainly not drop it because of Bakugo. I merely wish for him to actually receive some development seeing as he's had his current personality ever since he was little. My criticism is at the utter lack of any sort of development and how over-the-top he is. It's one thing to have a tempermental person but another entirely when they're 11/10 24/7

oh. don't worry. he will get his development. but so far we're only about 40 chapters into the current 140+ chapters, and only todoroki has gotten some major development, (iida is next), so bakugo will have to wait for his turn. his personality isn't gonna turn a 180, he'll still have that temper, but he'll learn to control it as the plot thickens.
Jun 19, 2017 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
RediceRyan said:
Solid end to the arc. Surprisingly no deaths.

the author is a pussy , he wont ever kill a character
Jun 19, 2017 8:34 AM

Feb 2016
Good buildup for Todoroki = Feels

Someone give Bakugo a megaphone to maximize his no-chill voice.

And wtf is that jumpscare?
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jun 19, 2017 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Never imagined season 2 to exceed my expectations.

JustALEX said:

Seconded. First two games were equally hype and kept me on the edge of my seat, but out if the third, one-on-one game, Midoriya vs Todoroki was the most exciting match.

p.s. Todoroki's one outstanding character.
Jun 19, 2017 9:09 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
This was just so insulting. You waste an entire season on a tournament arc and the grand finale fight doesn't take nearly close to half the episodes length? What was even the point. Plus trying to force an emotional scene like that with Iida was so poorly done I felt nothing at all. You just can't force it out of the blue like that. At least Bakugo was funny as hell, he pretty much saves the episode. Though it wasn't enough for me as I dropped the score after this slap to the face episode. For shame.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Jun 19, 2017 2:07 PM

Dec 2008
Heh, that sure was a short fight for a final match.
But personally I liked the realism of it, and I don't think it makes the whole tournament pointles. Especially since this fight also underlined important things: like with Todoroki needing to sort things out in his head after his match with Midoriya, and the level of Bakugo's ambitions. In fact, although his character can be annoying, I loved when he shouted something like: "If you're not going to give it your all, why are you even standing before me?!"
Damn, talk about ego. There's a reason Deku, even though he has the most reasons to dislike him (and surely could live without the bullying), still has also admiration for his drive. But Deku don't fret, even though you didn't make it to the finals, we (and most pro heroes probably too) know your awesome as well.
Jun 19, 2017 2:58 PM

Apr 2010
QueenSapphire said:

"just sitting there, quietly" ??? LOL! this phrase sounded like "he's there doing nothing" to me

I think He's more of half assing his fight and not using all he got instead of "just.sitting. quietly" XD

"Bakugou went all berserk..."
-Wasn't Todo the first one who attacked though? after Bakugou got out from Todo's ice He charge in and Todo was caught of guard cause he's too slow to react to his counter attack.

whoops! I meant back in the waiting rooms, when bakugo slams the table away, not the actual match. my bad! xP (I actually found that entire scene hilarious btw, but if we're going to do a character breakdown, his actions were a little uncalled for - but that's BAKUGO, and his character is nothing if persistent. Again a good thing, as often, writers forget the personalities they've given their characters. But now that we have a solid character, we need to deal with it. All I want is a good explanation of his character (which I have full faith we'll get. Horikoshi is very good at feels T^T))

QueenSapphire said:
"Bakugou getting praised" Now I've been seeing this a lot...
D'you mean in BNHA or in reality? haha!
-well in BNHA
Before coming to UA, Yes. But it's quite the opposite when he got into UA. The UA kids know that bakugou is an asshole and they call him out on that. in Season 2 episode 2, when bakugou called them extras, LOL! didn't Iida told him to stop calling them extras? There are more, even in Season1 but I can't remember what eps...
-My point is they weren't praising him for his aggressive behavior, they were praising him for his skills because in all honesty the kid is really good, If your going for the heroics then you'll have to take note from a stronger person.

"No one should be "understanding" of him" is kind of selfish to say Y'now
-I won't go saying "you should stop hating bakugou" because thats on you, and I do get where you're anger is coming from really... and its the same reason with all those who hate him... Its just saddening to me that most of his actions gets disregarded, all because of his aggressive nature.
-I know people have different tastes, some finds his loud behavior irritating and some, like me finds it hilarious, cause it's just fiction, and noticing the visuals and sound effects, the Animation takes it as if it was comedy. To me He won't be "Bakugou" if He wasn't a rage machine. XD
-and I know we cannot excuse him for what he did to Izuku but he's still just a kid y'now, Kids makes mistakes and learns from it. and Bakugou will soon...
-BNHA is far from being over, We just need to chill and wait cause I'm sure we'll see bakugou's development gradually... :D

You're also right in saying a lot of the class stood up to him; I found that refreshing and well-placed. Horikoshi understands his character's negatives. I think it was mostly the teachers' praise, although you're right, cuz goddarnit all, he IS a reaally good fighter (honestly...I think bakugo would have defeated Todoroki even if he used his left side)... arrrgh I don't know! I ADORED bakugo in season 1 (I'll never forget episode 5), I just think more people need to acknowledge his rage issues instead of overlooking them. That's probably what it is mostly. But it was a tournament based on fight skills, so it makes sense...

In closing, Bakugo is actually one of my favorite characters (top 3, believe it or not xD) but lately the lack of attention to his personality (character development I've been looking hella forward to) has just irked me. Plus, with a backstory as ...cruel and heartbreaking as Todoroki's, throwing Bakugo against that really ups the insensitivity of Bakugo, towards everyone. It was due to comparison. i mean, it was even shown by Midoriya supporting Todoroki in the finals, not Bakugo. ie, Bakugo has indeed, still not really been forgiven. Ahh, I could go on about this all day xD

P.S. thanks for replying like a person. It's refreshing to see a sane, understanding reply, purely for the sake of discussion :')
Jun 19, 2017 9:01 PM

Feb 2010
OmegaOtaku said:
This was just so insulting. You waste an entire season on a tournament arc and the grand finale fight doesn't take nearly close to half the episodes length? What was even the point. Plus trying to force an emotional scene like that with Iida was so poorly done I felt nothing at all. You just can't force it out of the blue like that. At least Bakugo was funny as hell, he pretty much saves the episode. Though it wasn't enough for me as I dropped the score after this slap to the face episode. For shame.

Ehh...not sure if your comment is serious or not but I'm just going to reply by pointing out that the main focus of the tournament was not for us to analyze their every ability and fighting tactics, so obviously things will be skipped over and even rushed. Even the final match did not emphasize their skill, but their motivation to win, or lack of, or even the conflict that is going on in their own heart in Todoroki's case. Every hit and fist exchanged reveals the circumstance, the state of their hearts and I thought that was very obvious when Todoroki pushed to his upper limit (or at least with his ice side lol) in one match from the beginning because he was furious.

The point of the tournament and matches, are for entertainment for the viewers, but in an anime they serve as character development. Scenes such as Iida's brothers death, Todoroki's difficulty accepting his other half, Deku's motivation to aim to be the greatest hero (which does not necessarily mean being on top), and even Bakugo's strong determination to win are all connected and it can be seen more if you look at the season as a whole, not as a single episode. If you have a problem with how these things are executed separately, then that's understandable since I'm not saying it was shown to us without flaw. However, being unable to see the purpose of the tournament, saying the tournament was a waste of time, to me, seems like you have neglected, perhaps even completely missed the purpose that it was trying to convey.

Not trying to change your opinion, just giving my opinion.
Jun 19, 2017 11:03 PM

Dec 2015
itssimplyme said:

whoops! I meant back in the waiting rooms, when bakugo slams the table away, not the actual match. my bad! xP All I want is a good explanation of his character

Oh yeah, My bad thats on me.I've been racking my brains out trying to remember when did it happen but my mind's all over their fight XD

but anyways, Can't help it! that's bakugou for ya! HAHA!

Agreed, that even if it was meant for comedy it was still a harsh thing, what bakugou did. but here's what I’ve understood...

Moments before their fight, Bakugou accidentaly barges in the wrong room, and Todoroki doesn't even acknowledge his presence. like what you said, he was just sitting there quietly, Is that what an opponent's attitude should be? before going into a match?

"Bakugou: Where the hell you looking at... Todo: That's what Midoriya said to me... too"

He ignored him and additionally started talking about Izuku, immediately compared his words with the kid he despises the most. This was suppose to be bakugou's fight and his opponent is thinking of someone else. IZUKU of all people! we all know that Izuku is a sore spot for bakugou. XD

Well ofcourse that doesn't justifies what bakugou did was right, but still that’s atleast how bakugou felt. And no, I’m not trying to say what Todo did is rude, because that’s just who he is, he don’t really know the situation between kachann and Deku. And he’s been pretty much in a very bad condition mentally…

itssimplyme said:

I think it was mostly the teachers' praise, although you're right, cuz goddarnit all, he IS a reaally good fighter I just think more people need to acknowledge his rage issues instead of overlooking them. That's probably what it is mostly. But it was a tournament based on fight skills, so it makes sense...

Not all are praise and cheers on him in this tournament though, We could see that on his fight with Uraraka, Were Present Mic was very vocal with his support on her, Even the audience started booing bakugou, because they thought he’s just playing around with this poor girl however that’s not the case, Ochako isn’t a fragile girl and He was more of being careful with the fight, that’s one reason why Aizawa intervene.

I think by teachers, you meant Aizawa and All might? I can’t remember any other teachers praising him. Anyways, I’m pretty sure Aizawa and All might already knew that kachann’s got a big ego problem, and had addressed it on some occasions. Aizawa stopped him from charging in to Deku on chapter 7 (sorry can’t remember the ep, but its on S1). And during the Heroes vs Villains arc (1st exam in UA, also S1) All might warned bakugou that he would forcibly stop him and declare it his lost if kept on doing that kind of brash behaviour. They haven’t lectured him on that topic specifically but the important thing is They’re not allowing that kind of behaviour to occur in their activities.

The only reason they did in the tournament, is because yeah you said it’s a tournament. you can be as aggressive as you want as long as you don’t break the rules. LOL! And it’s not like Kachann’s on a rampage from left to right. XD Him screaming and all hadn’t really cause any trouble to others. Haha! and you already get this, Aizawa was praising him mostly because of his skill, and he’s a commentator he has to comment on the fight.

on the otherhand, I don't think the other teachers overlooked his rage issue too, I mean Midnight lulled him unto sleep after his fight with Todo when he started grabbing his collar and remember the award ceremony? Kachann was chained from head to toe and can't barely even talk with that mouth gear. X'D I'm sure the teachers restrained him just so he won't go full "rage mode" in the arena.

itssimplyme said:
(honestly...I think bakugo would have defeated Todoroki even if he used his left side)... arrrgh I don't know! I ADORED bakugo in season 1 (I'll never forget episode 5)

Nah, I’m not so sure myself. Both are incredibly powerful and good. I’d say they’re both equal. and I kinda think Horikoshi avoids power scaling this two. LOL!

itssimplyme said:

In closing, Bakugo is actually one of my favorite characters (top 3, believe it or not xD) but lately the lack of attention to his personality (character development I've been looking hella forward to) has just irked me.
P.S. thanks for replying like a person. It's refreshing to see a sane, understanding reply, purely for the sake of discussion :')

Well at first I was just neutral with his character, so I understand where the others are coming from… but as I continue reading the manga, it surprised me how this asshole XD turned out to be my favorite. but ofcourse none of what I said here can excuse him to what he did to Izuku, because he still needs to apologize to him and he needs to fix his brash behavior but it’s only been how many months? Ever since he got into UA? So we just need to chill out! LOL! because I’m sure Horikoshi’s on the right track, he’s been handling bakugou’s character development perfectly and at a very realistic pace.

Y'now I can’t really blame others, we have different opinions, that’s life LOL! I can’t convince them fully and being a raging bitch like bakugou ooops HAHA! is not gonna help one bit but I’ll atleast, try to make them understand. ;)

Whoo this is longer than I thought...
Well lets just enjoy what this great series has in store for us, the next arc is gonna be amazin…

QueenSapphireJun 20, 2017 4:30 AM
Jun 19, 2017 11:41 PM
Jan 2015
Ah poor Bakugou, he's the most misunderstood character in this series
My Queens

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.