Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 14, 2017 9:51 AM
Jul 2015
Just wondering, how's the response of this anime in China? Is the majority of the audience loving it or are they already complaining about the lack of details and cut scenes?
TheNakedApronApr 14, 2017 9:54 AM
Apr 14, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
OP and ED sounds so good. The animation with the boss spider was great. He really knows what he's doing. That retirement scene was great. People were heartbroken he retired.
Apr 14, 2017 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
TheNakedApron said:
Just wondering, how's the response of this anime in China? Is the majority of the audience loving it or are they already complaining about the lack of details and cut scenes?
There was over hundred million views within days the first episode released just in China alone. The majority consensus is very well received, it's still good despite the lack of details and minor cut scenes.
Apr 14, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2016
Pannucci said:
Honestly really liked it minus the combat. Maybe I am wrong and I just have a different visual in my mind of how the combos and what not work but it didnt appear like they were having any of the technical part of the game included in the anime which is kinda sad :*(

O and the OP/ED are amazing.

I'd like to understand the game on a more technical level as well, but I can see why they don't show it. It does seem like the moves we're seeing Ye do look more suited for an action game, but I like to think of that as an exaggeration, maybe Ye's imagination overacting the scene. He probably wasn't really jumping around the spider like a hyperactive rabbit, since that's not what MMO's are like to play.

Here's my theory: It's probably the studio deciding believing that we'd get bored if they told us all the details about the game mechanics, so they made it flasher so we'd have so amazing animation to drool over. I know I was drooling, the whole time.

I haven't read the source material though so I could still be completely wrong.
Apr 14, 2017 11:10 AM
Mar 2016
Too overrated...........................................
Apr 14, 2017 11:36 AM
Apr 2017
Whoahoho said:

I agree, this anime is overrated. XD
The novel though... :ok_hand:
Apr 14, 2017 12:08 PM

Jan 2017
I'm really liking this so far. I'll probably want to read the novel at some point in the future to learn about the little things they didn't mention in the show such as job description etc.
Apr 14, 2017 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
BlackCicero said:
I'm really liking this so far. I'll probably want to read the novel at some point in the future to learn about the little things they didn't mention in the show such as job description etc.

If you read the novel, you will be hit by an onslaught of skill description that the anime completely skipped. It's both good and bad. It could make it boring for some people though. But I liked it.
Apr 14, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2016
pretty great, one of the best this season imo, surprising when chinese cartoon is better than most airing anime. action is solid, voice acting is solid
and funny that little kid crying at retirement announcement lmao

ep3 sub pls
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 14, 2017 3:02 PM
May 2009

Fansub group say they'll have ep3 out next Friday. So basically they're on a one week delay schedule for subbing. A bit disappointing but oh well. I've heard rumor that it'll get official subs, but I'm not sure when or where they'll appear.
Apr 14, 2017 3:45 PM

Jul 2011
Official episodes are released once a week; episode 1 was on April 7th, episode 2 was on April 14th etc.
The fansub is following the official release. EP 3 this week was leaked by VIP members who have access to the next episode, and EP2 was leaked last week. (It will probably happen every week though.)

---

I'm glad this is getting to lots of people, it's been quite popular in China and it's getting good reception from anime fans in the west as well. :D

Yeah the anime really skims on technical details. But the novel has more information and detail, so definitely check that out if you're interested. ^^
Apr 14, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2010
This is my first time watching a Chinese anime... not bad at all. The action scenes in particular are fluid and interesting.

I've read the manhua -- it's too bad they mostly took out the haggling scene between Lord Grim and Blue River, it made me lol when I first read it.
Apr 14, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2016
Lambdaa- said:
TheNakedApron said:
There was over hundred million views within days the first episode released just in China alone. The majority consensus is very well received, it's still good despite the lack of details and minor cut scenes.
that number is definitely bullshit. chinese stream site is widely known for massive viewbot like douyu and huomao etc etc
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 14, 2017 5:35 PM

Feb 2014
thats partially true but would they view bot fucking episodes of an anime? I just dont see the point. Its not like they make more money from doing that and its just a pain in the ass. Plus its already well known so view boting it wont really increase the viewership either.
Apr 14, 2017 5:52 PM

Sep 2010
First of all, grats for sub team for making the names translated right.

Now as for episode... very similar to episode one. Real world stuff are done marvellously but the game part gets me crying so much. I will say that there was little improvement with the keyboard actually being included but other than that, the game part of the episode was so rushed and so messy that it's painful to watch at. The only thing that we basically see is Lord Grim jumping around and kicking ass with beautiful animation but common, this isn't SAO. MC's godly skill shouldn't be shown with animation but with more explanation on how well he uses the basic skills, their timing and combing, and his directing as team leader. What we see however is just a pretty picture with no content to it.

Also I am pretty sure that hidden boss was first fight with difficult strategy involved but watching the episode I didn't feel like there was any strategy needed at all. The same went for teammates, they also seemed completely useless while in novel, MC did gave them important tasks to save himself a lot of trouble.

The best example for how badly the game part is made is probably this.

Lord grim - aka MC's new character which is level ten or so, in this anime ends up showing off better performance than, MC's old character which he used in Esports, and MC's old character is basically the very top tier with less than five other characters that can match him. STILL level 10 char ends up being shown as stronger... COMMON!

The only well done game part was chat with blue river but then again it included the real world part as well.

In any case as pretty as it looks I sure can't enjoy the game part that much. Real world part is done masterfully but the novel is has ratio of 70-30 or so towards game part.

Sigh... why did I have to have such gigantic expectation for this one.
Apr 14, 2017 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
eso18 said:
First of all, grats for sub team for making the names translated right.

Now as for episode... very similar to episode one. Real world stuff are done marvellously but the game part gets me crying so much. I will say that there was little improvement with the keyboard actually being included but other than that, the game part of the episode was so rushed and so messy that it's painful to watch at. The only thing that we basically see is Lord Grim jumping around and kicking ass with beautiful animation but common, this isn't SAO. MC's godly skill shouldn't be shown with animation but with more explanation on how well he uses the basic skills, their timing and combing, and his directing as team leader. What we see however is just a pretty picture with no content to it.

Also I am pretty sure that hidden boss was first fight with difficult strategy involved but watching the episode I didn't feel like there was any strategy needed at all. The same went for teammates, they also seemed completely useless while in novel, MC did gave them important tasks to save himself a lot of trouble.

The best example for how badly the game part is made is probably this.

Lord grim - aka MC's new character which is level ten or so, in this anime ends up showing off better performance than, MC's old character which he used in Esports, and MC's old character is basically the very top tier with less than five other characters that can match him. STILL level 10 char ends up being shown as stronger... COMMON!

The only well done game part was chat with blue river but then again it included the real world part as well.

In any case as pretty as it looks I sure can't enjoy the game part that much. Real world part is done masterfully but the novel is has ratio of 70-30 or so towards game part.

Sigh... why did I have to have such gigantic expectation for this one.
Most novels readers would feel the same, but as expected assuming this is the only season then the anime is practically butchering the grinding and dungeon game play and probably trying to just get into the pvps between players. Unless it has more season, which meant they did poorly rushing through these parts we can't tell how they're going to adapt this tbh. Like most fans I'm already satisfied its getting an anime adaption at this level lol.
Apr 14, 2017 8:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And this is what happens when a pro starts over from scratch lol, I loved this

That ending scene was pretty sad though.....It's pretty amazing to see how many lives he's touched during his 10 year run playing this game and how his retirement affects so many
Apr 14, 2017 9:08 PM

Jul 2014
Big improvement from the first episode, but still pretty cringie. Comes off as a low-rent Sword Art Online with a lot of the same problems...like the writer has never played an MMO in their life.
Apr 14, 2017 9:24 PM

Aug 2015
thanks to the sub, waited a week for it lmao
Apr 14, 2017 10:15 PM

May 2016
Sokah said:
Big improvement from the first episode, but still pretty cringie. Comes off as a low-rent Sword Art Online with a lot of the same problems...like the writer has never played an MMO in their life.

Do tell what these problems are?
Apr 14, 2017 10:37 PM

Jun 2013
For people that want to read the skills, https://tieba.baidu.com/p/1622565457

That forum thread is all 24 jobs description compiled from the source itself.

I said the same thing in the episode 3 thread, but I think it is really better that the anime not go into details(unless it is something very specific/unique). Right now as far as I can see it is just standard mmorpg stuff that unless you never play one before, not much explanation needed.

Maybe later on when MC get to fight all the various other pros that are on his level then we see the anime giving more insight/explanation. After all, just animating 2 pros pvping each other doesn't do much unless there is "casting" along with it.
Apr 15, 2017 1:29 AM

Mar 2013
fml people honestly crying over a dude leaving the game haha

Animation on point tho

I think a drawback regarding this anime is that the MC is too op, so each fight would be more or less the same (him kicking ass ofc)

Hopefully the story gets more interesting and the MC comes across some challenges

Apr 15, 2017 1:47 AM

Nov 2009
Finally some quality Chinese anime - and I'm not being sarcastic. It really is good, the MC is likeable, the visuals are good, and I don't think I have much problem with anything so far, other than maybe Chinese but that's simply because it's weird to hear a language you don't understand at all and always have to follow subs instead of simply relying on your ears for the most part, the fish out of water feeling... but I'm getting used to it, and looking forward to this show.

Also, the MC's lady boss is adorkable, I really like her.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 15, 2017 3:36 AM

Jul 2015
Lol, had to laugh how he lives this "going to sleep at 12:00 and gettin up at 20:00" gamer lifestyle. ^^ Been there. :)

Well, I guess this gaming world allows you to actively block and dodge attacks by monsters. If it would be as in normal MMOs like WoW this never would work. No way you can beat any raid boss solo, unless you exploit a design error or bug. Its a bit annyoing, that the game mechanics arent explained to the audience at all. It just feels like another Kirito Op char.

Well anyway, Im still in, because its an adult setting and not your random half your own age boy getting stuck in an alternative world.

Btw, doesnt he work there? Just saw him playing and doing nothing else. ^^
PirateMadrykApr 15, 2017 3:44 AM
Apr 15, 2017 3:39 AM

Sep 2015
Don't know why but I found it funny when they used the word smurf. But anyways things are progressing sooo fast...
Apr 15, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2016
That was a very exciting episode.

This MC is one cool badass.

Virtually the entire nation went on mourning for his retirement, shows just how much of an impact he had on the public.

So looking forward to next episode.
Apr 15, 2017 5:05 AM

Oct 2011
Everything is great but I just don't understand why the retirement of a professional gamer would touch the hearts of many enough to even make them cry. The haven't shown enough from his past to see the impact his character has made on the public, and that's even more why the reaction seeming awkward rather than touching

Apr 15, 2017 5:21 AM

Jul 2015
uzee said:
Everything is great but I just don't understand why the retirement of a professional gamer would touch the hearts of many enough to even make them cry. The haven't shown enough from his past to see the impact his character has made on the public, and that's even more why the reaction seeming awkward rather than touching

Wondering about that too, but I guess its on the level of Lady Diana's death or something, but yeah. Thats just a comparison and wont happen in RL for a gamer/ pro athlete retiring. The closest one that comes to my mind would be the breaking up of a boy group like Take That and crushing some fan girl's dreams, but just accept it as the part of this anime's universe and dont compare it to our world. :)

As it seems the MC only had skills, but no charisma and was a social asshole. Well, thats the reason he got kicked out of his guild. That is not the case by all these personalities I mentioned.

;tldr: Yeah just doesnt make sense. ^^
Apr 15, 2017 5:24 AM

Sep 2009
Whoahoho said:

Don't really think so; it's pretty fresh for a Chinese anime.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 15, 2017 6:45 AM

Dec 2015
Lmaooo people were actually crying because he retired ahahaha this episode couldn't get any more ridiculous xDD!!!

I personally don't see any difference between the avatar he has now and the one he had before, he's still OP as fuck, why? Because he's the MC of course!!

Looking at the poll of this episode it seems people are loving it, unknown to me how that's happening.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 15, 2017 7:00 AM

Nov 2015
joe_g7 said:
Lmaooo people were actually crying because he retired ahahaha this episode couldn't get any more ridiculous xDD!!!

I personally don't see any difference between the avatar he has now and the one he had before, he's still OP as fuck, why? Because he's the MC of course!!

Looking at the poll of this episode it seems people are loving it, unknown to me how that's happening.
lol Could this be any truer? But 10 years is a long time... and someone very important suddenly leaves... though it's a bit exaggerated in the show.. I can really sympathize with them. For your second line, yeah... maybe all avatars just look so similar to one another. As for your last line, maybe the show felt so fresh and good to them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2017 7:00 AM

Aug 2015
Voon from Bayi Subs here.

For those wanting to know about the skills, weapons and character biography. We are also working on that, please rest assured. Additionally, we have our own Discord server set up to connect with supporters and staffs.

Discord: pCkz5at

Have a great day, everyone!
Apr 15, 2017 7:03 AM
Apr 2017
Seems like they quickly ran out of ideas for Moves and Face impressions, ep 3 was a pretty big letdown. They cut out most fighting scenes and covered them up with dialouge which is not what i expect from a mmo-anime.

Usually chinese anime have a very unique art style, but ep 3 was 95% bullshit. Especially the greedy face when he counted the Money .. keeps going downhill way too quickly.

PiratDunkelbart said:
uzee said:

Wondering about that too, but I guess its on the level of Lady Diana's death or something, but yeah. Thats just a comparison and wont happen in RL for a gamer/ pro athlete retiring. The closest one that comes to my mind would be the breaking up of a boy group like Take That and crushing some fan girl's dreams, but just accept it as the part of this anime's universe and dont compare it to our world. :)

As it seems the MC only had skills, but no charisma and was a social asshole. Well, thats the reason he got kicked out of his guild. That is not the case by all these personalities I mentioned.

;tldr: Yeah just doesnt make sense. ^^

You can compare him to All Might or any other like Goku, Naruto, Luffy etc.

He spend 10 years playing Glory every Day, worked his way up and solo-won 3 championships. Probably got 98% of every first Kill on atleast 6-7 Servers .. why wouldnt you remember him? Also the fact that it got broadcasted everywhere means the Game has more impact than any other Media (like news).

Ofc they would kick him if they find anyone decend enough. Even tho he's greedy he never got paid for his sucess (as he could barely afford food).

I wished tho he would have carried his Boss through the 10th Server and bring that place to be the first
Apr 15, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2014
Lmao, the little kid crying when they said MC was retiring.
Apr 15, 2017 9:04 AM

Mar 2017
The solo kills...

There goes all my hope for the only show I wanted to follow this season. Oh well.

The only well done part so far is the retirement announcement. Yes, people do get emotional about these things. I've played the original DotA since way back in first year high school when it was just a Warcraft III map. And even when I haven't really made the transition to DotA 2, eight years of experience is still enough to make me emotional about moments like these:

You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 15, 2017 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
the budget is strong with this one...the amount of shading passes used to achieve this quality seem really high...

Apr 15, 2017 9:26 AM

Dec 2015
AX3M said:
joe_g7 said:

lol Could this be any truer? But 10 years is a long time... and someone very important suddenly leaves... though it's a bit exaggerated in the show.. I can really sympathize with them. For your second line, yeah... maybe all avatars just look so similar to one another. As for your last line, maybe the show felt so fresh and good to them.
I didn't meant the avatar similarity, I meant that both in his previous and new accounts or avatars or whichever it is, he was an OP and he still is even though he made the new account the same night.
Apr 15, 2017 9:49 AM

Jun 2015
Whoahoho said:

Everything is overrated.
Apr 15, 2017 9:49 AM

May 2008
joe_g7 said:
AX3M said:
I didn't meant the avatar similarity, I meant that both in his previous and new accounts or avatars or whichever it is, he was an OP and he still is even though he made the new account the same night.

Maybe the game is skill base and not fixed with tab targeting.
Apr 15, 2017 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
echiomega said:
joe_g7 said:

Then that would be a pretty retarded MMORPG game.
Apr 15, 2017 10:13 AM

Aug 2013
joe_g7 said:
First its because he is playing against normal players and somewhat seasoned players from large guilds but their level of skill is so low compared to the actual pros. Secondly because he didn't choose any profession to change and use all the jobs skills from the basic class (24 jobs*5 skills=120 skills) while other new players only have (5-10 skills) at the first job change. His play style has the huge advantage in the early game. In addition, the weakness of having to switch weapons to use the skills is nullified by his silver tier weapon.
Apr 15, 2017 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
Lambdaa- said:
joe_g7 said:
Secondly because he didn't choose any profession to change and use all the jobs skills from the basic class (24 jobs*5 skills=120 skills) while other new players only have (5-10 skills) at the first job change. His play style has the huge advantage in the early game. In addition, the weakness of having to switch weapons to use the skills is nullified by his silver tier weapon.
And how the hell do you know all that? Or did I somehow miss the explanation?
Apr 15, 2017 3:49 PM

May 2016
joe_g7 said:
echiomega said:

Then that would be a pretty retarded MMORPG game.

Not really, Asian MMO's these days tend be more action based and less WoWish, you can solo certain bosses if you know their moves well enough.
Apr 15, 2017 4:36 PM

Apr 2014
Why can the chinese make such beautiful 3d animation, but when Japan does it, it looks like shit?
Apr 15, 2017 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
joe_g7 said:
Lambdaa- said:
Secondly because he didn't choose any profession to change and use all the jobs skills from the basic class (24 jobs*5 skills=120 skills) while other new players only have (5-10 skills) at the first job change. His play style has the huge advantage in the early game. In addition, the weakness of having to switch weapons to use the skills is nullified by his silver tier weapon.

The anime skipped through A LOT of game mechanics that the manhua and the novel touched on. So people who've read the novel generally know more about the game than those who've just watched the anime. The novel explains the skills and the weapons and how leveling works etc.
Apr 15, 2017 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
SkyFullOfStars said:
joe_g7 said:

The anime skipped through A LOT of game mechanics that the manhua and the novel touched on. So people who've read the novel generally know more about the game than those who've just watched the anime. The novel explains the skills and the weapons and how leveling works etc.
Yeah, they only give subtle hints like Chen Guo laughing at his ridiculous skill build choosing all jobs skills after credits in ep 1 and you will also see more on that in the next episode when he joins the party invitation from the guild members.
Apr 15, 2017 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
Lots of movement animated, it remains impressive.
I wonder what that looks like in game, not romantically portrayed.
Apr 15, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2013
joe_g7 said:

Normally ppl just infer stuff while watching an anime. Isn't info dump actually a rather poor way of writing?

I mean how do you know MC is OP? Did you infer it from what happen thus far(him trashing everyone) or did the anime actually come out and say MC is OP, and prove it by showing he is thrice the champion consecutively for 3 years, followed by 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th, 19th placing on the following 5 years?
Apr 15, 2017 11:44 PM

Dec 2015
@-Abyss_Walker- If what you're saying is true, then that's pretty retarded as well.

@SkyFullOfStars Hmm, I thought that would be the case.

@Chiyousagi Yeah but this anime inferred almost zero things about this guy's character, that's worse than info dump. They may explain it in the following episodes, but so far for me he's an OP MC, and he IS overpowered, he soloed 3 bosses on the same night while the others were mostly watching in shock.
Apr 15, 2017 11:55 PM

May 2016
joe_g7 said:
@-Abyss_Walker- If what you're saying is true, then that's pretty retarded as well.

@SkyFullOfStars Hmm, I thought that would be the case.

@Chiyousagi Yeah but this anime inferred almost zero things about this guy's character, that's worse than info dump. They may explain it in the following episodes, but so far for me he's an OP MC, and he IS overpowered, he soloed 3 bosses on the same night while the others were mostly watching in shock.

How is it retarded?.. Many successful Asian MMO has done away completely with the whole tab targeting nonsense and instead, making the player skill actually matter. It sounds like an improvement to the garbage WoW system that Westerners only know of.
-Abyss_Walker-Apr 16, 2017 12:21 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

226 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Jul 29, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

echiomega - Apr 14, 2017

139 by nightjasmine »»
Jul 14, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

63 by amf85 »»
Jun 15, 4:26 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjkm »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.