Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2016
The writing is so lame it's funny :
On the beach :
_ wind suddenly push the ball far in the sea in magical manner.
_ MC fall in the water in a totally calm see.
_ There's no wave ... except one big one to suddenly push Tsuneki in the water (indeed, how can we get into any romantic mood if we don't see her bra?)
_ Tsuneki chase our MC in 30 cm deep water.
_ next second Tsuneki kiss our MC in 70 cm deep water.

ah ah ah!

and finally, the "let stay friend" scenario with a pretty common "long separation" because hey! study and career are more important than love and you can't manage both, not even dating, never, ever!
Let's not forget that this show is for teenagers and parents don't want their kids to screw around before they get a proper job, which is more or less what the two MCs get as a conclusion. That's the message : first work hard then later you can fuck, and that's traditional Japanese thinking for you!

ah ah ah!

I wonder who wrote this script. First I didn't like the male MC, now I don't even like the final story. At least I laughed thinking about it.
Jan 27, 2017 4:12 AM
Jan 2017
How is RR-Subs of Seiren? are they any good? any one who have watched and compared them with HorribleSubs? :)
Jan 27, 2017 4:25 AM
Sep 2016
Dissappointed for that arc ending though. Hope they make another episode about their development. Kinda wasted the best possible girl in the series. :(
Jan 27, 2017 4:25 AM
Jul 2016
I got a question:
On the trailer of EP5 we can see they still argue about the relationship between the main character and Tsuneki . Wasn't it suppose to be arc of 4 episodes each arc?
I mean , they seem adult and moreover they still talk about relationship together so I don't know.

EDIT: NVM they discuss while the trailer of the next episode.
Jan 27, 2017 5:15 AM

Feb 2012
I like tsuneki's personality and character design, so I hoped that this arc would be good. Sadly, I was left disappointed. I really wanted them to be an official couple but towards the ending got me disappointed. If I was the guy and had a summer romance fling with a girl and she became distant to me (doesn't want to at least give it a try with a relationship) and we haven't spoken for 5 years or more, I say it's time to move on. He was just lucky to be able to meet her in the end. In reality, chances are slim to none to meet someone you like again despite having no communication. That 5 years was a long time, I don't think you can start where you left off, especially when you left off not talking to each other in high school. Lol

Hoping next arc will have more romance and better script writing.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jan 27, 2017 5:26 AM

Jan 2016
I dont undetstand a shit about Kamita ... What is he thinking?!!!!
Jan 27, 2017 6:02 AM
Sep 2014
That ending was brutal. They should have ended it at the underwater kiss. There was no need to force this weird time skip neutral ending. Hopefully the other arcs will not follow the same pattern but I wouldn't bet on it.
Jan 27, 2017 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
It didn't even feel like she liked MC to be honest. Lol. Never has Amagami made me feel like the MC was just a nuisance to the other party. Never has Amagami made me feel like the two characters weren't genuinely in love with one another. It almost seems like Tsuneki just wanted to shake him off and get back to living her life, and this dude decided to follow her like a lonely dog. Tsuneki pretty much grew up without the MC.

Speaking of which, they both look exactly the same after 5-6 years passing.
Jan 27, 2017 6:34 AM

Aug 2008
Not only writing is utter garbage, not only MC is bland beyond imagination, he's a complete degenerate as well. First stuff in previous episode and now imagining bathing in schoolgirl's uniform? The hell is wrong with him... No wonder that girl ran away overseas. With that kind of MC I actually hope he will get friendzoned or dumped in all arcs.
AntanaruJan 27, 2017 6:39 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 27, 2017 6:39 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeaaaah ... that ending was pretty disappointing.
Could have been worst i guess
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2017 7:01 AM

Aug 2015
Wow. That ending was not what many expected, just the thing: it could've worked in a way. But Shouji still has no personality and also reason whatsoever why i should care for him. Tsuneki was a good Haruka2 in a way but yeah his "character" ruined it. Also teasing him is fun that's the whole relationship in a nutshell. I actually want Junichi for the next arc, cuz i can already see the daydreaming fetish Shouji will have. Poor Tooru-Senpai.
Jan 27, 2017 7:06 AM

Sep 2013
Wow...

This show is just... so bad. Bad girl, bad main character, bad writing, even bad animation (kiss scene, what the actual fuck).

5 years have passed with cute girl in Spain. They never confessed feelings or even sent messages it seems. Yea, she totally didn't get into a relationship or find some cool guy, instead, she was just waiting to randomly find that "loser" again? I can't buy this fish.

Granted I watched it 3 years ago, one of my first anime, but Amagami is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. Great main character, not bad dialogues and 4 of the 6 girls are pretty good.
Jan 27, 2017 7:15 AM

Feb 2008
What a major disappointment for a show that I want to like. It may be done by the same people that did Amagami, but definatly not the same quality of story and writing. We'll see what happens with the second arc.
Jan 27, 2017 8:05 AM

Nov 2015
Shit. So what now ? The first arc ended, does it mean that Tsuneki will never end with Kamita ? If Tsuneki had already found a boyfriend in Spain, then Kamita GET REKT lol
Jan 27, 2017 8:10 AM

Oct 2013
An actual watchable episode that wasn't boring but goddamn the first 3 episodes were shitty.

Next arc we have senpai gamer girl but hopefully they wont show her gaming habits as something negative. I hope the next two arcs are better.
Jan 27, 2017 8:16 AM
Jan 2017
Out of my expectation. I hope there will be a 2nd season or an OVA. need more romance between hikari and the MC cuz im a big fan of hikari-chan, I really want to see her getting a relationship with the MC.
Jan 27, 2017 8:17 AM
Jan 2017
Typical "good character design but the story ruin it all" kind of thing.
Takayama Kisai did all the character design in Kimikisu and Amagami.
But this time in Seiren he decided to write the story and the script too.
As a result he fucked up, he is an amateur, he should stay out of the business and let his team do the job.
What a waste for a good heroine, and the MC is too bad.
I can't stand this type of MC, yet they use it again and again ever since Shinji from EVA.
This Kuso Anime is Kuso.
And if you are reading this, forgive about my English, I just want to complain.
Jan 27, 2017 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
Awful ending to this first arc. For a romance show, there was a complete and utter lack of romance in this route all the way to the very end, and the whole thing was just kinda dull in the end.

Hopefully the next arc can be better, but my expectations are very low after this arc.
Jan 27, 2017 9:48 AM

Nov 2016
Poor MC can't say it, the romance only show in eps 4, and they are not in relationship in the end. I hold this anime.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 27, 2017 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
Well This Was A Good Episode,I Guess Next Week A New Girl Will Make Her Appearance....:)
Jan 27, 2017 9:59 AM

May 2013
i only want tsuneki as a girl and hundreds of episodes like one piece or detective conan.. they were perfect and than that friend zone.. WTF.... something like ah my goddess would be also nice.. but there's nothing like that i think... wow I'm sad and mad as fk.. why did she dumped him...
Jan 27, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2015
Is this another "what if" story like Yosuga no Sora anime? because PV ep5 look like on school again

At least TL make it fun to watch
Into the Internet!
Jan 27, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
This was so bad I'm watching one more episode to see the personality of the next girl but I'm half way to droping this.
I might be biased because she reminds me of the girls from when I was in high school. But we'll see.
Jan 27, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
azy1999 said:
Shit. So what now ? The first arc ended, does it mean that Tsuneki will never end with Kamita ? If Tsuneki had already found a boyfriend in Spain, then Kamita GET REKT lol

I agree with you, lol. Tsuneki is just back from Spain after 5 years, they meet up and end. I don't see the relationship. And when Takato mention that Tsuneki is in love with Araki, she didn't deny it and say Takato is win, that mean she is in love with Araki? So, where's the MC's part for show up? very strange.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 27, 2017 11:03 AM

Aug 2016
How would kissing underwater be nice, when they would be done kissing, wouldn't all the salty sea water just poor into there mouth?
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 27, 2017 11:13 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Is this really gonna be friendzoned/bad end arcs this time? Oh man lol

I liked the underwater kiss and the beach scene enough to be entertained though.
Jan 27, 2017 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
SJ7izm said:
It didn't even feel like she liked MC to be honest. Lol. Never has Amagami made me feel like the MC was just a nuisance to the other party. Never has Amagami made me feel like the two characters weren't genuinely in love with one another. It almost seems like Tsuneki just wanted to shake him off and get back to living her life, and this dude decided to follow her like a lonely dog. Tsuneki pretty much grew up without the MC.

Speaking of which, they both look exactly the same after 5-6 years passing.

EXACTLY my thoughts. I dislike this MC so much. The developement in Amagami was so much better in 4 eps, than in this first arc. Lost all my interest in this one.. And had high hopes from it.
Jan 27, 2017 11:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
"sex may be implied here"

lol
Jan 27, 2017 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
Well, i don't really care for Kamita-kun as an MC too much. But i guess he's acceptable. And Tsuneki was way more forgiving of Yukie than i would have been. Sure, she had no interest in Araki to begin with, but still, that's a selfish thing to do to your friend. All and all it was an alright story arc, but the ending was quite a disappointment. I'm supposed to believe after 1 more year in school and 4 years abroad in Spain, she still has any lingering feelings for that sad sack? They could have written it a bit better to make her feelings more discernible. Then i might have believed it.
curzon17Jan 27, 2017 12:26 PM
Jan 27, 2017 12:53 PM

Apr 2016
FFS this episode was trash. Terrible conclusion. what the heck a 5 year time skip? i don't want that. relationship hardly went anywhere. Couldn't feel any vibes from this stuff man. I disagree with anyone liking this arc. this stuff was poor. Arc was below average as a whole. MC is a POS, he needs to GTFO. I have never seen such a sorry excuse. this shouldn't even be put in the same sentence as amagami anymore. its really infuriating. Nothing tsuneki did made me think she liked him. it just felt fake all the way.
DajoemanJan 27, 2017 12:56 PM
Jan 27, 2017 12:55 PM

Apr 2016
curzon17 said:
Well, i don't really care for Kamita-kun as an MC too much. But i guess he's acceptable. And Tsuneki was way more forgiving of Yukie than i would have been. Sure, she had no interest in Araki to begin with, but still, that's a selfish thing to do to your friend. All and all it was an alright story arc, but the ending was quite a disappointment. I'm supposed to believe after 1 more year in school and 4 years abroad in Spain, she still has any lingering feelings for that sad sack? They could have written it a bit better to make her feelings more discernible. Then i might have believed it.

I don't understand why she forgave yukie so easily, it felt so unrealistic to me. like the writes forgot that humans don't actually act the way tsuneki did.
Jan 27, 2017 1:08 PM
Aug 2015
I don't know what I feel about this Arc. It was nice that they ended it in a different way to the typical "Happy" ending, but it felt like something was missing from the ending to truly sign the arc off.

Also, i wasn't much of a fan of the Heroine in this arc if i'm honest, found her quite irritating at times, and although towards the end I started to enjoy her scenes a bit more, overall I felt she wasn't a very enjoyable character to watch. Lets hope for better from the next one!
Jan 27, 2017 1:51 PM
Feb 2008
I really like Tsuneki. And for this kind of anime was this ending a really big disappointment. That last scene was really bittersweet, because we don´t know if they were together after it? Or were they going out? Bah, I had a bit of expectations of this anime, but well...I am disappointed.
Jan 27, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2016
Some of the stuff in this episode was just too painful to watch
Jan 27, 2017 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
meh i totally liked hikari cause she was cute and fun, but meh, this episode was stupid...

randomly deciding on a career just cause a guy ate her food, and then stop contacting lol

even more stupid is the fact that he joined at that restaurant or whatever and said he "has a secret on why he wanted to join that type of work" lol oh well...

not sure if i'll like next arc after this but let's see...
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 27, 2017 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
I agree with the guy saying that some of this stuff was painful to watch. After everything I've seen, I was expecting the MC to fall on top of Hikari when he somehow stumbled a second time in the water.

Didn't like Hiraki so tbh I would have been happier without the 3 last minutes of the episode.

Next episode will most likely be a new arc with a new girl, just like in the Amagami series. I hope that we get the tall black haired one, she looks interesting :]
Jan 27, 2017 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Strange serious of events.
But there was a kiss. I wasn't invested much anyway.
Jan 27, 2017 3:13 PM
Jan 2017
>five years in Spain

she ain't innocent anymore :(
Jan 27, 2017 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
5 years later and they haven't changed a bit. huh

Jan 27, 2017 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
"Cooking with deer in it." I guess the translators have never heard of venison?

I'll keep watching, but I wish the MC had some balls. Hikari is a huge THOT and a tease. The guy's dumb not to take full advantage of the beach situation. Sheesh. Talk about a golden opportunity missed.
Jan 27, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2010
5 years later and they looked exactly the same...pretty shit arc tbh. Hoping the others are better executed but I feel like they won't be given how horrible the writers are unless they changed them.
Jan 27, 2017 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
That ending felt so out of place, as if they handed the last 10 minutes of writing off to the intern. The sudden shift in tone and drop in writing quality was almost jarring.

It's like the writers spent 1.5 hours building the perfect 5ft tall sand castle and then as you come running to see what all the fuss is about, they stomp it down, just to fuck with you.
WHEN THE SEASON LINEUP IS ACTUALLY GOOD

Jan 27, 2017 5:45 PM

May 2015
Eh, I have mixed feelings. Can't say it was great arc, since this felt pretty rushed, but guess I enjoyed it to an extent. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Jan 27, 2017 7:15 PM

Aug 2015
At least it didn't have an open ending like a certain arc in Amagami SS...
Jan 27, 2017 7:18 PM
Dec 2012
Why people are saying, it's the last episode of the Hiraki's story? The next episode preview shows that it's still gonna be about Hiraki. Am I missing something here?
Jan 27, 2017 7:24 PM

Jun 2008
Didnt really like this arc at all and they way it ended kind of solidified my disappointment. Hoping the next arc is better.
Jan 27, 2017 7:53 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The best part of this arc started when she crawled in his summer school window and ended in the swimming pool. The ending is not very enjoyable to me:
Jan 27, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2013
As much as you guys are shitting on this, you have to put the aspect that this ending was fitting for Tsuneki's character/personality.
mods are cucks
Jan 27, 2017 8:31 PM
Mar 2008
This anime had so much potential but sent it all into the dumpster.

3 first episodes was good to me. Teaser girls are always fun. However the ending of this arc was terrible.

Why make an omnibus format if he is just getting friendzoned.

Maybe a better end would be ending with the kiss in the water and just left it open.
Jan 27, 2017 8:34 PM

May 2012
This MC is beta-male as fuck, there's a limit to the betaness I can take but this guy bites the cake. This is coming from a beta-male, even I'm not as beta as this wanker.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

142 by EgatammaN »»
Jun 5, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

56 by patkarunungan »»
May 27, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

63 by patkarunungan »»
May 26, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

98 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

130 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.