Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 8, 2017 5:08 AM

Jul 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally they resolve the misunderstanding and they became a lovers.

I'm not sure how to feel when Makabe punch Gasou in the face.
Jan 8, 2017 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
> You were the one who confessed, so my standing is higher than yours.

Aki's lines are so predictable.

Looks like they are couples now with the way she accepted that confession. Possible date chapters to come soon? (next one seems to be a side chap though)
Stark700Jan 8, 2017 4:06 PM
Jan 8, 2017 6:33 AM

Mar 2016
Omg i laughed out loud in some scenes . It was so hilarious from the (satisfying) punch to fatty being exposed . Felt quick though and liked how makabe pointed out that such a misunderstanding or experience shouldn't excuse aki for having a shitty personality lmao .
So now it's sealed , no hope for Neko (best girl)
If next chapter is a side story, could it be a flash forward date ?
Shishou_23Jan 8, 2017 6:59 AM
Jan 8, 2017 7:05 AM
May 2016
Just read it. I wish there were more interactions between masamune n aki tho i love it when he punched gasou XD. Hope the next chapter will come fast, I dont want it to end yet T.T
Jan 8, 2017 8:06 AM
May 2011
well, wasnt the best confession so far.. but at least it happened... now a stupid side story again thus we had to wait 2-3 ? months for the next chapter and it seems it doesnt go well with them
Jan 8, 2017 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
so will the next chapter be the last? i mean they're technically dating... what is there else to cover up beside the fat chicks family expenses and yoshino confessing to aki?

p.s
I hope the anime adaptation will cover up the whole manga, if they skip some chapters i'm sure that 15 episodes which is basically around 3.5 months is more than enough. If not, a special episode sequel or something like that would be fine too.
removed-userJan 8, 2017 10:44 AM
Jan 8, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2010
Masamune finally gets to the point. But now that his revenge is gone.. he has no idea what to do next. Side story next issue while he figures things out..
Jan 8, 2017 2:13 PM
Feb 2016
is there any manga with heroin like neko ?
Jan 8, 2017 4:17 PM

Aug 2015
As if Masamune calling Aki out on her terrible personality is gonna do much. I'm just glad all that "fake" BS is finished.
Jan 8, 2017 5:09 PM
Jan 2017
Thats what I wanted to know... When is it coming out for US?
Jan 8, 2017 5:53 PM
Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
> You were the one who confessed, so my standing is higher than yours.

The shot of her on the bench when she says that is HNNNGG worthy.
Jan 8, 2017 5:59 PM
Jan 2017
I've been waiting for 3 weeks already, and nothing shows up, still waiting tho..
It'll be amazing if later they release 2 or 3 chapters at the same time, like 39 to 41, or something like that :D
Jan 8, 2017 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
He just punched a girl.... some gentleman there. :|

that boobs scene xD

Also Kinda reminds me of Kaguya-sama series when she said her standing is higher :P

Last page seems like he lost his goal in life...
Jan 8, 2017 11:39 PM

Dec 2015
That was resolved VERY VERY quickly, wow, talk about bullshit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 9, 2017 2:14 AM

Dec 2009
I love the way he reacted! Fucking finally! ... I wonder if that bitch will do something more. WTF can she do tho. She can't do shit. Cant wait for their full talk explanation of their whole misunderstanding. Man I wish he'd be with Neko tho...

And wtf is up with the ending and it's introductory spin off? How the fuck do you land like that too? Lol.
Jan 9, 2017 4:42 AM
Dec 2015
Meh. The confession was lacking of something. I expected more from this because the last chapter gave so much hype to look forward for this one. The feels was better in chapter 38. Anyways, I wanted him to end up with Aki, but I can't deny the fact that Neko-chan is the best girl for this manga
Jan 9, 2017 6:56 AM

Mar 2015
Thne final chapters would probably be a closure for all the side characters, fat 'girl's financial crisis, Neko + trap (perhaps), yoshinos closure with the new couple, and probably some final date chapter.

Neko best girl
Jan 9, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2015
I doubt it gonna end but the direction of the story is gonna be weird now. So is the author gonna focus on their relationship or the after effect of Makabe failed revenge.
Jan 9, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2015
This is probably where the real trouble starts. Man, the fact that Aki switched gears so fast is troublesome, it shows that she only cares about who was the childhood friend, not who they are now.

Whelp. I'm just glad fatso finally got outed.
Jan 9, 2017 8:25 AM

May 2012
If only every romance MC said this at one point in the story:

Misunderstandings, misunderstandings.. God damn, they're so annoying.

I'm wondering what's going on in Masamune's mind now. Does he not love Aki? Is he just overwhelmed by everything so far?

Anyway, I really liked this chapter this time.

Jan 9, 2017 8:57 AM

Dec 2016
If this were the ending to the manga plot, I'd be fine with this. I can imagine they'll do closure chapters and "WTF, you got the princess to go out with you?!"

As much as I want to see a Horimiya-like dating sequence, there's just not enough character progression to do such a thing. Ah well. Still one of my favorite mangas due to the fact that all the characters were less than perfect, even horrible people.
Jan 9, 2017 9:03 AM

Apr 2013
Well, that got resolved quite... quickly.

I did not expect it all to go down so smoothly (at least the initial encounter). I was hoping for a little more drama and tension (or at least go over the misunderstandings and all). As the next chapter is going to be a side-story, it'll be a bit longer of a wait before we get back to all of "this".
Jan 9, 2017 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
rizuxizu said:
I doubt it gonna end but the direction of the story is gonna be weird now. So is the author gonna focus on their relationship or the after effect of Makabe failed revenge.

Nope, its ending. It was announced that the Manga has entered the climax, which is how the Manga Industry says "The Manga will end now".
Jan 9, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
The way they ended up with each other was.... anti climatic to say the least, if it ends as it is without any other shiz, this will be one of the weakest romance genre manga I've read up to date.
Jan 9, 2017 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
I thought that Aki realising who was really her childhood firend would be more emotional like crying and stuff like that. But it was good chapter nevertheless.
Jan 9, 2017 3:04 PM

Sep 2014
Welp.. Feel like it's so rushed. Especially how fast the fake one backs off. Feels like axed even..
Jan 9, 2017 4:03 PM
May 2016
I have no idea what to expect on the next chapter since its gonna be a side story, Maybe showing them going on dates? or rather showcasing Masamune-kun getting over the fact that he couldn't get his revenge but instead fell for her?

But This chapter is refreshing. The feeling of weight lifted off the shoulders of some readers that the misunderstanding is FINALLY resolved.

Pretty hype for Next Chapter
MrJaytatoJan 9, 2017 4:09 PM
Jan 9, 2017 6:57 PM

Mar 2011
welp I think its gonna be obvious now.....Looks like Masamune will be back on being a fatty again but hey he already got aki so its good

Jan 9, 2017 7:23 PM
Dec 2016
That bastard is a girl? But I'm glad that was over. That punch was satisfying enough for me though. Side chap next -_- . I hope the Anime adaption will cover enough for it to be a satisfying anime.
Jan 9, 2017 8:17 PM

May 2010
Damn this chapter im crying (>T.T) why didn't they reminisce they're past and talk about why masamune leave her side why..WHY......They only ends up talking about this damn date ('w') stOmp..sTomp....
"Whether its the future or in the past ill always protect you Milady"
Jan 9, 2017 11:44 PM

Nov 2016
the chapter felt satisfying but felt too easy and rushed. The mangaka could have milked it. I don't know why he's rushing (the most recent chapters) to end it, since it's getting pretty popular now with the anime being made. he could milk the story a bit longer and actually give a purpose to some of the characters we grown to like. I wonder if the mangaka has been rushing the story because he's become more involvement in the anime production? Ever since the anime was announced the chapters were taking forever to come out and the ones we got were mostly side stories, he ruined the attraction himself, same thing is beginning to happen to citrus(hopefully not)
...Oh well....
Jan 10, 2017 2:38 AM

Sep 2015
At least the misunderstanding has finally been resolved, but the way it ended... awkward... and now he doesn't know what to do. This was not how he would have wanted this to go about. Can't exactly just dump her per his original goal after that now can he.
Jan 10, 2017 3:09 AM

Mar 2016
Ansonii-kun said:
That bastard is a girl? But I'm glad that was over. That punch was satisfying enough for me though. Side chap next -_- . I hope the Anime adaption will cover enough for it to be a satisfying anime.

Did you miss Gasou's obvious gender reveal many chapters ago?

This chapter was somehow...really lacking in terms of emotional impact. How did the Mangaka manage to create such an amazing setup chapter only for it to lead into such an unimpactful scene? *facepalm*

Hopefully there's some final twist I'm not seeing.

Neko really is best girl. So sad that she was doomed from the start because it was painfully obvious from the beginning how this was going to end.
Jan 10, 2017 12:14 PM

May 2014
Judgment526 said:
This chapter was somehow...really lacking in terms of emotional impact. How did the Mangaka manage to create such an amazing setup chapter only for it to lead into such an unimpactful scene? *facepalm*
Even Masamune in the last page is like: "now what...?"

Can anybody remind me just how have Kanetsugu known about the Adagaki family and about Aki's lost love? And how did she manage to make everybody trust her? I can't remember many details about how she got into the story and I also can't seem to find the right chapter to explain that...
Jan 10, 2017 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
Olem said:
If only every romance MC said this at one point in the story:
Misunderstandings, misunderstandings.. God damn, they're so annoying.

I'm wondering what's going on in Masamune's mind now. Does he not love Aki? Is he just overwhelmed by everything so far?

Anyway, I really liked this chapter this time.
How would you react if your goal was to destroy someone but it turned out that they weren't they one who caused your anger towards them?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 10, 2017 4:10 PM

May 2012
sbyrstall said:
How would you react if your goal was to destroy someone but it turned out that they weren't they one who caused your anger towards them?

? I think you may have misinterpreted what I said. I can understand Masamune's thinking, but I'm just curious if he's also possibly fallen for Aki over this time of trying to get revenge

Or... my bad if I just worded my post badly

Jan 10, 2017 4:12 PM
Jun 2013
You know, for someone who ruined a relationship for arguably personal gain, going as far as to lie to a girl about love, how they are engaged and what not, i really hope fatso gets some serious payback next chapter.
I hope her social life gets ruined. Where are the aki-sama fangirls when someone deserves to be beaten up?
Jan 10, 2017 5:38 PM

Jun 2008
Olem said:
sbyrstall said:

? I think you may have misinterpreted what I said. I can understand Masamune's thinking, but I'm just curious if he's also possibly fallen for Aki over this time of trying to get revenge

That sounds like one of three Hallmark Channel storylines.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 10, 2017 10:45 PM

May 2010
Olem said:
sbyrstall said:

I think his affection towards adagaki aki this time is not pure revenge in past chapters if you would notice masamune-kun was already fallen in love to adagaki-kun this chapter is a great development. Because now adagaki aki now know that masamune is her childhood friend...we just need to wait what is masamune-kun promise to adagaki aki i want them to talk it about <3...
"Whether its the future or in the past ill always protect you Milady"
Jan 12, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2011
Hibiki07 said:
Judgment526 said:
Even Masamune in the last page is like: "now what...?"

Can anybody remind me just how have Kanetsugu known about the Adagaki family and about Aki's lost love? And how did she manage to make everybody trust her? I can't remember many details about how she got into the story and I also can't seem to find the right chapter to explain that...

She met the sexytary in one of the party and that secretary thought she is Aki's childhood friend since they look alike....Then she decided to used that Identity to fool everyone...heck she didnt know anything about masamune aside from the nickname

As for why student council is helping her....well she just ask them that she won't get on a relationship with Aki and that she's just "dating" her just to protect Aki

Jan 12, 2017 8:14 AM

Apr 2016
I came a little when fatso got punched. No Kappa

Looks like Masamune got le bitch. Good for him ;3
2D > 3D
Jan 12, 2017 11:46 AM
Oct 2014
I seriously hope his fall on the treadmill isn't going to be used as some amnesia plot device. This manga has already suffered from some flaws already, it doesn't need another one.

Also, this chapter felt disappointing because of how non-confrontational the date scene ended up being. The fake is discovered because of boobs and then they run away? It was just resolved way too easily in my view.

Something tells me the mangaka also cut off Masamune's answer to Aki, in which he probably rejected her then and there. Then he'll regret it later and apologize. Cue some long honest conversation between the two and they end up dating/getting married.
randomman57Jan 12, 2017 11:50 AM
Jan 12, 2017 11:50 AM

May 2014
My question is why fatso all of a sudden is a girl now?
This is just too much A fat, poor, manipulative, desperate, fake, tranny? Is that the right description for this character?

I prefer if she would have remained a boy, would have just made Makabe's confession and win even more meaningful.

So I think the title of this series should be changed.. No longer much of a revenge after all of that. Unless now his eyes are set on getting revenge on Yoshino which I doubt, and would be pissed if he touches my Yoshino!!!!
Jan 12, 2017 12:07 PM
Oct 2014
elementkg said:

The fake was always a girl, but I agree that it was kind of a weak plot device.
Jan 12, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2014
randomman57 said:
elementkg said:

Yeah but we didn't know that.

I liked it better just when we all assume it was a guy. actually would have been more impactful if Gasou manage to date Aki to spite Makabe, causing him this whole "I will win Aki from you" kind of plot. Watching Aki be happy with a guy that wants nothing to do with her but just her money. Idk, there was sooo many ways they could have gone with it. It just seems the author didn't even care. So just sitting there like, why did you even bother with it to begin with then?
Jan 12, 2017 1:05 PM
Oct 2014
elementkg said:
randomman57 said:

Yeah but we didn't know that.

Actually it was shown that the fake was a girl in one of the previous chapters. I don't remember which, but it was after the school festival arc, probably around chapter 30-33.

Either way, I agree that the whole fake arc was really not done very well. There's a lot in this manga's story that could be better such as Neko's arc, which ended abruptly and was never continued, as well as Yoshino's overall character. Sadly, with the manga ending soon I find it hard to believe we'll see good resolutions to a lot of unfinished plot in this manga.
Jan 12, 2017 3:29 PM
Jan 2017
I think people seem to be overthinking the things that happened in the chapter. It seems safe to assume that Aki and Masamune will be together as thats what this manga has been leading to since the beginning (it was never going to be about revenge). However the ending does pose a good conflict wether he lost his motivation. Its obvious they will be together due to childhood and nature of romances but the new conflict is interesting
Jan 12, 2017 8:55 PM
Jun 2015
An_Albanian_Guy said:
I think people seem to be overthinking the things that happened in the chapter. It seems safe to assume that Aki and Masamune will be together as thats what this manga has been leading to since the beginning (it was never going to be about revenge). However the ending does pose a good conflict wether he lost his motivation. Its obvious they will be together due to childhood and nature of romances but the new conflict is interesting

These last few chapters ret conned the beginning with the chicken pox and ruined the entire story. This manga ruined all of its development with its meandering and and shitty climax. How can he have not lost his motivation for revenge when the stupid maid chick caused all of his suffering? Its an awful way to bring closure to a story because then the maids actions don't make much sense. She wants to get revenge on Aki because she was jealous but also wants to make up with her? What a stupid manga.
Jan 13, 2017 6:24 AM

Mar 2016
elementkg said:
This is just too much A fat, poor, manipulative, desperate, fake, tranny? Is that the right description for this character?

I prefer if she would have remained a boy, would have just made Makabe's confession and win even more meaningful.

So I think the title of this series should be changed.. No longer much of a revenge after all of that. Unless now his eyes are set on getting revenge on Yoshino which I doubt, and would be pissed if he touches my Yoshino!!!!

How do so many people manage to miss the gender reveal? Do people just skim over everything?
Jan 13, 2017 11:19 AM
Jan 2017
Hey ! Just wanted to know if the chapter 39 is the last one or if there will be any further? (I'm not a native english speaker so I might have missed it) If yes do you know how long will it take? Thanks anyway !
NewcomingJan 13, 2017 11:28 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 58 Discussion

Aramanime - May 27, 2023

10 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 26, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 56 Discussion

TheYoshiman - Mar 28, 2021

6 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 17, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

6 by JavanyXD »»
Mar 14, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Aki vs Yoshino

mechian - Aug 7, 2017

5 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 29, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Chapter 67 Discussion

ARK-13 - Dec 5, 2023

18 by waalex11 »»
Feb 29, 3:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.