Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2017 7:52 PM
Aug 2015
Veldin461 said:
eso18 said:
As excellent as this anime is though, I won't turn blind eye to the messy art at times. There were few moments in which I was really astonished how badly given scene was drawn.

I would agree with you if we were talking about other series, but those poorly drawn and even not so well animated scenes(mostly faces and bodies) really suit this series and had to the comedy. Is it only me who thinks that? xD
I mean, "bad art" and "bad animation" it's what you people have been calling it, but I don't really agree. if it fits the scene, if it fits the atmosphere of the moment, then it's not bad, it's different

Aaand, best opening of the season!

Agreed. It just dont feel right if the comedy combined with no game no life level of art. The watcher wont focus on the comedy but the art if they made it like that. Goofy and derpy is the most suitable for this kind of anime. And the creator agreed with the chara design. So its okay
Jan 11, 2017 8:00 PM
Nov 2013
I laughed my ass of the entire episode, which indicates that KonoSuba is back and better than ever (even if the designs are even more derpy than before). Glad to have this funny ass show back!
Jan 11, 2017 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
YES!!!! I love it!!!! So happy there is a second season!!!
Jan 11, 2017 8:02 PM

Feb 2012
I think the art is that way on purpose, it adds to the comedic factor. Glad this show is still funny as shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2017 8:23 PM

Oct 2016
oh my ... my megumin is back .. glad to see that ridiculous group again
Jan 11, 2017 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
shanimebib said:
Not as funny as the previous season but hey, it's just the first episode. I am sure it will get better.

Also, Megumin was and still the best girl despite it was Darkness who really shone in this episode.

As for the characters, each novel switches between the girls as a focus. Three (which is what this starts) is about Darkness, Four about Aqua, Five about Megumin, Six about a new character, Seven about Darkness, Eight about Aqua, Nine about Megumin. While again, tastes differ and of course shippers will always ship, the good thing about each book is that you like each girl (and Kazuma) more.

Eight about Eris, not Aqua.
Jan 11, 2017 8:51 PM

Apr 2013
Opening might be one of my favourite OP's ever holy shit it's f-ing amazing.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Jan 11, 2017 8:55 PM
Oct 2010
Darkness cracks me up everytime
Jan 11, 2017 9:00 PM

Sep 2016
Did the art quality become worse than season 1 or what?
Jan 11, 2017 9:02 PM

Oct 2014
The third book ain't really my fav, but pacing is pretty nice, and tbh they did the jail break scene well. (Best scene of the book, and actually best scene of the joint of vol 3 (this one) and vol 5 (Megumin.))
The minimum amount of the usual Kazuma snide comments is understandable; They are reintroducing everyone here. The usual self-depreciating style is steal clear and well out there, especially the interrogation scene.

an anime made in less than a year. Of course it would be horrible visually.
And DEEN, instead of doing some self-reflection, chooses to continue that as a joke -_-
Heuh DEEN...

ps.: can't wait til Vanir gets here.
Jan 11, 2017 9:05 PM
Oct 2012
Frostbytes said:

Yes and no, yes it does give Eris a chance to shine (brilliantly I will say), but at the same time it marks the start of Kazuma understanding Aqua (and what motivates her) and is pivotal for his starting to acknowledge her.

But while I know this will not be animated this season, I really really hope to witness the dangers of heat stroke and why it is important to avoid it!
Jan 11, 2017 9:29 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
Frostbytes said:

Yes and no, yes it does give Eris a chance to shine (brilliantly I will say), but at the same time it marks the start of Kazuma understanding Aqua (and what motivates her) and is pivotal for his starting to acknowledge her.

But while I know this will not be animated this season, I really really hope to witness the dangers of heat stroke and why it is important to avoid it!

Main focus is on Eris, whatever you might say, considering the ending, request and all. So yeah, it's pretty much an Eris vol(and Kazuma also realizes how she feels for the first time), Aqua is pretty much the deuteragonist here even tho he sympathizes a bit with her at the end(and then it hardly matters in future vol).
removed-userJan 11, 2017 9:41 PM
Jan 11, 2017 9:38 PM

Dec 2016
This show is so freakin funny. Everyone is so pathetic lol. Kazutrash was the best. Also the personality changes for the prosecutor were spot on, as soon as Kazuma thought he was taking charge she shifted right back.

We also got a glimpse of the truth behind Aqua!! They have yet to be seen!!!!
Jan 11, 2017 9:39 PM

Mar 2016
Star Wars intro. LOL

I feel bad for Kazuma in this episode, glad he was freed.

R.I.P. DEBTS. XD

I hope his guys meet Darkness again.
Jan 11, 2017 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
Revvie-chan said:
The third book ain't really my fav, but pacing is pretty nice, and tbh they did the jail break scene well. (Best scene of the book, and actually best scene of the joint of vol 3 (this one) and vol 5 (Megumin.))
The minimum amount of the usual Kazuma snide comments is understandable; They are reintroducing everyone here. The usual self-depreciating style is steal clear and well out there, especially the interrogation scene.

And DEEN, instead of doing some self-reflection, chooses to continue that as a joke -_-
Heuh DEEN...

Don't think they will skip vol 4. If they do they can go straight to vol 6 lol.
Jan 11, 2017 9:45 PM

Jan 2014
been waiting for this, finally finally !
Aqua is so funny LOL, she actually asked the guard for permission to give Kazuma that box.
Jan 11, 2017 10:06 PM

Dec 2009
Fuck yeah Konosuba is back.

The stereotypical lord who I want to punch in the face is eyeing up Darkness huh.

More chris is always nice. Always nice.
Jan 11, 2017 10:20 PM
Apr 2015
Frostbytes said:
Revvie-chan said:

Heuh DEEN...

Yes, Vol. 4 is where one of the main antagonist related to their upcoming mascot will be introduced. So I doubt it will be skipped.
Jan 11, 2017 10:27 PM

Jun 2013
In case you forgot, yes, Aqua really isn't wearing any pantsu.
-Trippwire-Jan 11, 2017 10:33 PM
Jan 11, 2017 10:35 PM

Oct 2014
Frostbytes said:

Jan 11, 2017 10:40 PM
Jun 2016
Easily best first episode of the season
Jan 11, 2017 11:10 PM
Jul 2013
Lelll really missed this anime. Glad its back.
Laughed throughout the episode. The court scene was really funny.
Jan 11, 2017 11:36 PM

Mar 2013
I'm so glad this anime is back! Seriously one of the best and funniest of 2016 imo.
This episode was hilarious as usual, from the star wars intro to Kazuma's prosecution trial, hopefully this continues like this or it picks up the pace and gets better along the way.
Also, there are a few notable cases where the art design looks weird and awkward...though I don't think it has changed much from last season, so I'm not too bothered by it.
Jan 11, 2017 11:37 PM

Oct 2016
Apratim171 said:
Lelll really missed this anime. Glad its back.
Laughed throughout the episode. The court scene was really funny.

i am glad to see it back too. Darkness got excited when she magined what that nobleman might do to her. this was funny AF.
Jan 11, 2017 11:42 PM

Sep 2015
Laughed many times watching this. So glad to have Konosuba part of my life again.
Jan 11, 2017 11:58 PM
Sep 2016
i really enjoyed the new episode but im not a huge fan of the new art style they used....prefered the old one but i laughed my ass off! im happy its back :)
Jan 11, 2017 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
I'm so glad this show is back again holy shit this season is gon be amazing. Is it just me or do the characters look extra stupid this season especially in the opening/ending song xD
Jan 12, 2017 12:59 AM

Oct 2013
For once, Darkness turns out to be more useful than Damegami and Explosion.
Jan 12, 2017 1:04 AM

Apr 2016
Are you telling me this is not perfection @fappa

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2017 1:08 AM

Dec 2007
What the hell happened to the art and animation? Not sure I'm liking this...
Jan 12, 2017 1:10 AM

Jan 2011
Love this show is back xD

Anyway it seems like the 1st episode of each season this title we'll have a Shaft trademark "head tilt"

From Season 1 Episode 1:

AnimeMangaGamer-Jan 12, 2017 1:25 AM
Jan 12, 2017 1:16 AM
Apr 2011
Aw, I totally forgot this was playing last night. D;
Jan 12, 2017 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Revvie-chan said:
Frostbytes said:

removed-userJan 12, 2017 1:30 AM
Jan 12, 2017 1:28 AM
Apr 2011
Frostbytes said:

lol at you actually calling her Megumi, even if that's probably actually her name.
Jan 12, 2017 1:29 AM

Jun 2016
EXPLOSION is the only thing that make me feels amazing in this 1 episode
Jan 12, 2017 1:30 AM

Oct 2016
Man, I'm glad I survived 2016 xD

Explosion loli and friends are back! This weekly waiting thing is going to be painful. Might need to go back and reread the novels.

Crimson said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:
tho the derpy faces actually help with how ludicrous (on a good way) this show is haha

Exactly. The derpy art style actually adds to this show more than it takes away, and I'm pretty sure it was done on purpose. Want proof? Look at Rakugo, an anime that doesn't make studio Deen nearly as much money as Konosuba does, yet it has perfectly fine art (i.e. no derpy art style).

It's not a budget issue at all, it's just the art style that they chose for Konosuba, which, like I said, adds more to it than it takes away.

I agree, the derpy art style fits the comedy (for me at least) and I can see this being done intentionally.
Lol
Jan 12, 2017 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
FononZero said:
Frostbytes said:

lol at you actually calling her Megumi, even if that's probably actually her name.

Ahh fuck typo. Megumin name is advantageous tho. ;)
Jan 12, 2017 1:46 AM

Mar 2016
Amazing first episode. I missed these guys so much !

The star wars-style intro was pure gold. Poor Kazuma's in for lots of troubles again. I mean he avoided execution but still ended up being poor again. AND still owes a debt to the kingdom.

I had ridiculously good laughs throughout the whole episode, but Aqua trying to break Kazuma out of jail was the best part.

As for the animation part :

NanoRin said:
And like others have said, I can't imagine Konosuba drawn and animated any other way than it is, even though it feels somewhat different this season, it's still just part of the charm of this show for me and only adds to the comedy imo. Whether it's intentional or not... Can't wait for next week!

^ This. Konosuba without the derpy faces 'n stuff is not the Konosuba I'd enjoy.
Anyways, looking forward to the next episodes ! Hoping to see more development about Darkness' family.

5/5
Jan 12, 2017 2:10 AM

Jul 2016
Hilarious start, though sadly the animation got worse this season compared to previous season. But well nice OP.
Jan 12, 2017 2:30 AM

Oct 2012
Hilarious, though like mentioned already, the drop in animation quality is noticable at a glance.
The derpy faces are still something I love though. :P

I still wonder wether Aqua wears panties or not...
Jan 12, 2017 3:04 AM

Mar 2015
Great start. The ass shot of Aqua felt forced lol. Was there actually a drop in animation quality? Only the in-between frames like when you pause at a random moment look weird- but you can say it adds to the goofy quality of the anime. The close ups are fine.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jan 12, 2017 3:11 AM

Jun 2013
that dude holding apples was so far in the background he was pixalated when they zoomed in on him lol
Jan 12, 2017 3:45 AM

Jun 2013
Lol these retards. Kazuma gets arrested on suspicion of having links to the demon King. Everyone tries to help him but then they all back off when the prosecutor says that she can imprison them all. Such friends. Lol that lie detection part. Kazuma was forced to tell the truth about everything and got trapped when he realized that Wiz was part of the demon king's army at some point. And the prosecutor brought up Kazuma's completely unrelated panty stealing to try and prove him guilty. He was also accused for all the stuff Megumin and Aqua did lol. Darkness saves the day but she could have done more given her family is close to the King. Obviously they were trying to convict a clearly innocent guy just to prevent that Lord from any embarrassment. She could have picked that thing up and wrapped things up peacefully. Oh well, they're all idiots after all. Now Kazuma has to repay the debt he now has due to the damages caused. Great hilarious episode.
Jan 12, 2017 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
Just as glorious as the first season! Studio Deen once again saving anime.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 12, 2017 4:07 AM

Dec 2015
Is it just me or do the faces look a little bit off model compared to season 1?

Jan 12, 2017 4:09 AM

Apr 2013
This will be as great as S1 Lol
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 12, 2017 4:15 AM

Jun 2013
Lmao the first episode barely came out, and people already made reviews on it, based on this single episode alone... That's MAL for ya I guess.

Fantastic first episode, still fun as its first season, the art was a little meh at some points... and its very noticeable, they might've cut the budget for it, so that they can produce more episodes? Who knows. Hope this season its as great as the first one, or even better.
metsujinJan 12, 2017 7:06 AM
Jan 12, 2017 4:20 AM

Nov 2014
The art style needs to get used to....

But outrageous!!! You can't compromise on Megumin's explosion scenes, even if every other scene is stick man.
BurningSpiritJan 12, 2017 4:23 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 12, 2017 4:40 AM

Aug 2015
Good thing the explosions and Aqua's ass were spared but the rest was just.... not right, still entertaining and hilarious first episode.
Jan 12, 2017 5:04 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Deen doing deen things but Konosuba is as good as the first season
I'll rate it Lalatina/5
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

341 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

234 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

298 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 27, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.