Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2017 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
Mentar said:
Why do this?

It looks funny. 15char
Season 1 had already established an art style. Why degrade the art to barely B-team level in season 2? What's the point in doing so? It absolutely distracted me, and reading the feedback here, I'm not alone in my displeasure.

Jan 11, 2017 4:38 PM
May 2016
Probably something like the best first episode i've seen
Jan 11, 2017 4:42 PM

Mar 2016
hahaha wow i laugh so hard, thank you so much for bringing this back xD !
was the funniest episode i ever seen, side-to-side with Episode 5 of Angel Beats haha

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Jan 11, 2017 4:45 PM

Sep 2016
i just realized that the animation IS FUCKING TRASH LOL
at least the show is actually good
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 11, 2017 4:47 PM

Aug 2016
Great start! I must be blind af because I didn't notice the animation issues.
Jan 11, 2017 4:50 PM

Sep 2016
Jack_Corvus96 said:
so, Deen has some budget issues? tho the derpy faces actually help with how ludicrous (on a good way) this show is haha, can't wait to die of laughter... unless i'm already dead lol
it seems DEEN got more debt than kazuma considering how trash their animations are
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 11, 2017 4:50 PM
Apr 2012
Character designs are horrible can't see how anyone can defend it....
Jan 11, 2017 4:55 PM

Mar 2016
am i the only person who don´t saw any "animation issues" ???
the first episode was so great!

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Jan 11, 2017 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty decent episode, I guess. I actually laughed a few times.

I thought season 1 had a lot of potential for good humor, but it felt like 90% of it consisted of repeating the jokes about their one personality trait, and I thought it wore thin very quickly.

If this season adapts the parts where the characters get fleshed-out more so that there's more variety in terms of humor, I may like this.

Judging from this first episode, I'm liking this more than season 1, so I'm optimistic. Hopefully this will surprise me.
D-ohnutsJan 11, 2017 5:02 PM
Jan 11, 2017 5:00 PM

Feb 2012
I just realized Darkness and Alisha from Tales of Zestiria have the same voice actor. They are both knights who are nobles but their personalities couldn't be further apart. Amusing comparison lol.

Great first episode really happy to see this show back.
Jan 11, 2017 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Enjoyed the 1st season so nice to see a 2nd Season.
Great start to the show. OP song is decent.

Nice to see familiar faces again.
LOL that Ace Attorney Style Trial was hilarious.
"OBJECTION"

Darkness to the rescue. OH YEAH!!
All their stuff got confiscated. :(

Looking forward to more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 11, 2017 5:03 PM

Oct 2014
Why does deen even get to make anime adaptations. Isn't it a well known fact that they consistently destroy second seasons.
Jan 11, 2017 5:05 PM

Sep 2012
Yes yes.So much yes.Finally.

Here we go again.

MaiKawakami said:
Animation is even worse than s1, unbelievable.

That is the joke.
Jan 11, 2017 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
WTF was this shit??! The animation was horrendous and facial details were wrong almost all the time!

And even the story was bordeline stupid, we had only like three scenes - jail, interrogation and trial and they can't even do this right. Not to mention Gyakuten Saiban parody was just pain to watch.
Even main characters were shadows of their former self and the comedy in the episode was really bad.

Crap DEEN didn't deliver at all! They destroyed it! This is nothing like great first season!
Jan 11, 2017 5:09 PM

Dec 2016
So happy to see this back, I thought it was the best comedy last year.

Pretty good 1st episode, I thought it was funny and enjoyed it.
Jan 11, 2017 5:11 PM

Sep 2016
LiquidGold said:
I just realized Darkness and Alisha from Tales of Zestiria have the same voice actor. They are both knights who are nobles but their personalities couldn't be further apart. Amusing comparison lol.

Great first episode really happy to see this show back.

zestiria and konosuba
shit animation for great show
great animation for shit show
CrossAnge

Jan 11, 2017 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Also this might be unrelated with picture wise:

But me in a nutshell while reading the comments about how "horrible" the animation is (even though I honestly think the animator did this on purpose, like S1)

Jan 11, 2017 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
yousandro said:

Nah it's just a bunch of hyperboles due to ignorance. I mean you have people in this very thread that don't even know the difference between art and animation quality lmao.
Jan 11, 2017 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Z4k said:
yousandro said:

Nah it's just a bunch of hyperboles due to ignorance. I mean you have people in this very thread that don't even know the difference between art and animation quality lmao.

Lots of people were complaining how it looked worse compared to the first season, even tho to me it looks the exact same way in a sense except they did arranged a bit on the designs, but other than that, that's pretty much it.
Jan 11, 2017 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
I hate all the bad situations Kazuma finds himself in due to misunderstandings.
Jan 11, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2014
Even though Megumin is undoubtedly a total qt, as an ass man I must officially name myself an Aquafag and fight for her honor as best girl.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jan 11, 2017 5:38 PM

May 2016
All those people putting the art above the total entertainment value of the show...

SUCH DESPAIR...

UPUPUPU...AHAHAHAHA!
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jan 11, 2017 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
HyperL said:
All those people putting the art above the total entertainment value of the show...

SUCH DESPAIR...

UPUPUPU...AHAHAHAHA!

That reference tho :^) But yeah, basically.

People value art over entertainment sense (tho I like art a lot as long as something keeps me happy then Im happy)
Jan 11, 2017 5:41 PM

May 2016
You know, that reminds me of how much people complained about the artstyle change for Pokemon Sun and Moon anime, but once you get accustomed to it, you notice that is actually fine...Not bad at all.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jan 11, 2017 5:42 PM
Aug 2011
Put the cheapests animations you could, throw aside character designs form previous season cause they were to complicated to draw, and then say in interview that it's all according to keikaku, cause derpy show needs a derpy graphics. Sasuga Deen
Jan 11, 2017 5:45 PM

May 2016
All you people complaining about the visual need to go watch Hand Shakers. Once you've seem the true definition of bad and look at Konosuba again you will actually find it pretty good.
Jan 11, 2017 5:47 PM

Oct 2014
As long as DEEN doesn't skimp out on Rakugo's beautiful art and animation, I don't mind Konosuba being derpier than usual.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jan 11, 2017 5:51 PM

May 2015
the art was fine but the character designs were really off.

but. the comedy was on point. funnier than last season imo xD
also good music

meguuumin~ :3
Jan 11, 2017 5:51 PM

Aug 2015
I missed this show so much. I've already read ahead so I'm excited to see volume 4 being adapted.
Jan 11, 2017 5:53 PM

Sep 2011
That animation quality was way too distracting. I couldn't enjoy this episode at all.
Jan 11, 2017 5:55 PM

Jul 2014
lol it begins! At first I thought Sena shared traits with Darkness during the interrogation.
Jan 11, 2017 6:02 PM

Aug 2016
Wait why was the prosecutor blushing at that time 0.0
Jan 11, 2017 6:22 PM

Sep 2013
This is a welcome return, the animations perfect and the new opening is hilarious. It would be awesome if the show runs long enough to cover more than 2 books but I'll take whatever they give.
Jan 11, 2017 6:29 PM

Sep 2013
This was the perfect way to unwind after a shitty day at work. I just couldn't stop smiling and laughing. My sides hurt.
abystoma2 said:
Posting this beauty so it's archived once the review gets deleted.
Wow. CycloneFire is kinda a big piece of shit.
Jan 11, 2017 6:39 PM

Dec 2014
I've missed this show so much! Dark humor at its finest, just like season 1.
The new opening is amazing!

Overall we've got nothing to complain about so far.
Jan 11, 2017 6:42 PM

Sep 2016
Really great first episode! I thought it pretty similar to the novel, except for Alderp looks (I can't remember exactly how he was, correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was bald and looks older in the novels). But the feeling of getting angry at everybody misunderstanding what Kazuma does still there. The animation tho... c':
I also loved that opening.

Sad thing the only review on the MAL page of the anime is totally stupid... Guy complain about the "faulty law" and "Darkness going to the fat guy's house", and that there's no "character development"... Seriously, does he know that those things are actually part of character AND story development, and that it'll be extremely relevant later? C:
Besides, who expect deep character development on THE FIRST EPISODE? It's already awesome that some stuff put in that episode will be relevant later, that's already a good point.

Well, anyway, great episode, and the comedy is 10/10.
I only wish Rin and Dust's party were more explored, since they skip that chapter on first season...
EKUSUPROOOOOSION!
Jan 11, 2017 6:44 PM

Apr 2016
Took me a few minutes to get back into the Konosuba vibe, but this was a really solid return. I had a goofy smile on my face for most of that ridiculous trial.

I found the weird animation style a little distracting too, but I think I'll get used to it in time. It actually made some of Kazuma's silly expressions even funnier. Gotta say I haven't warmed up to the character design changes, though.
Jan 11, 2017 6:53 PM

Jul 2008
Mich666 said:
And even the story was bordeline stupid, we had only like three scenes - jail, interrogation and trial and they can't even do this right. Not to mention Gyakuten Saiban parody was just pain to watch.
Even main characters were shadows of their former self and the comedy in the episode was really bad.

Crap DEEN didn't deliver at all! They destroyed it! This is nothing like great first season!

This is not Deen's fault, but the souce material's. The first chapter of volume 3 (which this animates) wasn't that gold, it's the later parts of the volume where the comedy is good.

Symphyon said:
Also this might be unrelated with picture wise:

But me in a nutshell while reading the comments about how "horrible" the animation is (even though I honestly think the animator did this on purpose, like S1)

There is 0 doubt that the artwork is like this on purpose. Few looks on the official visuals in magazines, as well as oat the OP, shows that this is intentional.
Anyway, the animator doing it on purpose does not make it good. Heck, I'd say it makes it worse. with low budget art and animation I can at least sympathize.
Jan 11, 2017 6:56 PM

Sep 2014
Finished the first season and jumped immediately into the first episode of the 2nd season and I was not disappointed. I was laughing the entire time. And I swear the derpy art and animation here and there were done on purpose as it only made it funnier to me.

Also anyone that complains about no story progression on defeating the demon king, this is not the anime for story progression. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy some good laughs.
Jan 11, 2017 7:03 PM

Mar 2014
Laugh in entire episode, some people said the animation is bad, but I think the animation is joke itself, the staff are playing with expression more, and I like that haha
Jan 11, 2017 7:03 PM

Nov 2007
Not as funny as the previous season but hey, it's just the first episode. I am sure it will get better.

Also, Megumin was and still the best girl despite it was Darkness who really shone in this episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 11, 2017 7:09 PM

Mar 2014
the first season hit 10k sales and then we got the animation quality which is even worse than the first season...unbelievable
i believe the production tries to make money again by spending more less budget on this anime.
ButtSlapperJan 11, 2017 7:21 PM
Jan 11, 2017 7:13 PM
Oct 2012
Nostalgik said:
So does that mean that is a plothole or will they probably clear that up in the next episode(s)?

They outed Wiz as a former Demon King General back in episode 8 and with great detail. Both Kazuma and Aqua know. But yes, this will get more coverage as a certain new character is introduced.

As for the art, nice to see the Fate boys are still whining over Studio Deen. Granted, some transitional scenes are weak, but that doesn't matter in a comedy. Rather than being a drawback (as it was in Fate) it is a feature.

Second seasons generally do not get as much budget as first seasons, which is why Madhouse doesn't do second seasons that often, but rather than knock Deen, we should respect that they are willing to do them, otherwise we wouldn't have a second season. Allowances should be made because of this fact. That said, I personally liked the art, it suits the style of the novels well.
Jan 11, 2017 7:18 PM

Nov 2012
I'm glad to see it's back, but since I've read the light novel; and as far as I am concerned this isn't my favorite arc.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jan 11, 2017 7:19 PM
Dec 2012
Kazuma single-handedly proving his innocence to be uninvolved with the Demon Lord's Army... If only that noble scum didn't cheat. But the MVP of this Episode gotta be Darkness.
Jan 11, 2017 7:20 PM
Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
Not as funny as the previous season but hey, it's just the first episode. I am sure it will get better.

Also, Megumin was and still the best girl despite it was Darkness who really shone in this episode.

It should. Of course taste is always hard to predict, but this is one of those comedies that gets better as it develops.

As for the characters, each novel switches between the girls as a focus. Three (which is what this starts) is about Darkness, Four about Aqua, Five about Megumin, Six about a new character, Seven about Darkness, Eight about Aqua, Nine about Megumin. While again, tastes differ and of course shippers will always ship, the good thing about each book is that you like each girl (and Kazuma) more.

So buckle up, if we can get through 5 you will not be disappointed on both fronts!
Jan 11, 2017 7:22 PM

Sep 2013
Funny episode! Like always :D

I'm a little lost, maybe i should read the LN. but it was still really funny, and that Aqua cries at the end.. hahaha gets me everytime.
Jan 11, 2017 7:34 PM
Oct 2012
Erika___ said:
I'm a little lost, maybe i should read the LN

Yes, because the animation did not know that there would be a second season they rushed some stuff. We will get the true introduction of Yunyun next episode, so that is good (she was introduced, badly, in the OVA), but there is some good stuff in volume 2 we will not see (like Party Swap - which is where Kazuma is shown in all his gaming glory) and if you like the characters is definitely worth reading.
Takuan_SohoJan 11, 2017 7:49 PM
Jan 11, 2017 7:51 PM
Apr 2015
To those who are wondering why the bell didn't ring in the second one. It's because in the first one, the prosecutor ask him if he have connection with the Devil King, which he have in the form of Wiz, so the bell rang. It's the truth as Wiz is one of the General of the Devil King (as stated in Season 1).

Second bell didn't rang because kazuma said that "I do not work with Devil King's army nor a Terrorist" which is true since he isn't under the command of the Devil King.

Anyways, LN is better than the anime but this is still good. Regarding the animation, I'm good with the animation of S1 (even though LN is miles ahead of it) but tbh I feel that they over-exaggerated it this season. My only negative review about it is the animation for now since they might have cut some parts from LN but that's to be expected as they need to clump it again in 10 episodes (Damn!).
Jan 11, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2015
That still horrible quality!
That Aqua ass!
That Kazuma bashing!
That Shaft headtilt!
That Lalatina saving the day!
That new opening!

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

233 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

339 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

189 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.