Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2016 4:11 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
KashiBien said:
OfLove111 said:
Am I the only one going through my entire vocabulary, looking for words that begin with "L" in both English and Russian, trying to figure out what Viktor meant?

He meant life and love.

OH
I READ THINGS WEIRD
WHOOPS

Jun 2016
Elika said:
I'm still cracking up over the fact that YUURI was the playboy in the Eros story all along. Yuuri is the one that came into Victor’s life, seduced him for a night, and left him behind, smitten and forgotten, leaving Victor with only memories and photos. All that time with Yuuri being like “I can’t play this role,” and Victor’s sitting there like “uh hell yeah you can”, and now we know for certain why he was sure of that.

Yes and yes.

Loved this episode. It was great to get into Victor's head a bit wish we had a little more of that. OMG the party. I have no words. It changes everything. Think I might have to go rewatch the series now. But why did no one post the part pictures on instagram? They've posted nearly everything else.
AuroneDec 7, 2016 4:15 PM
Jun 2014
Helenus said:
Ok, again I have to be that one person in this thread: there were no romantic feelings involved in this episode. Not at all.

Kudos to the director to be a master of teasing. But no. Just no. This episode was the perfect example to show how they play everything 'romantic' as a joke. Just look how the whole tone changes when they bring the marriage thing up. Even in-universe they don't take it seriously. No gay-marriage, sorry. I totally doubt that there's love involved between Yuri and Victor. The ring is a token of appreciation. The narration made it clear.

Is... is this a joke?
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
Them credits tho, amiright? This is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far, so cute! Victor looked so shocked when Yuri got those rings for the two of them, his expression was my favoite part of the entire episode.

Dec 7, 2016 4:16 PM
Jul 2016
This is my first post on a discussion but this episode hit me so hard I had to...Just when I thought they couldn't make the episodes any more interesting they gave us an episode in Viktor's perspective. It was fresh and even more fun while maintaining a great flow of the main story line.
YURIO'S FIRST FRIENDSHIP?!?!
ENGAGEMENT?!?!
DRUNK DANCE BATTLE!?
This was not your usual episode. I am excited for next week! :)
Dec 7, 2016 4:23 PM
Mar 2016
Oh my gosh, that... was... beautiful! I'm not too big on yaoi ships alone but after seeing their low-key engagement, I'm just rolling around screeching like a dinosaur and I really don't care about the fact I have a stuffy throat at the moment.

Plus, can we all agree that Pitchit is #1 Victuuri trash? Like literally, he screamed out in the middle of the restaurant that they were married!
Dec 7, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2015
DoragonessU said:
I can't believe that actually happened?!?! I'm literally in tears right now!

Can we safely say that this Yuri on Ice has finally broken past barriers that not many dared to venture?

I'm still in shock about the 'round and golden' part! Kubo and Sayo, you really didn't disappoint!

Also, the new ED is hilarious. They really don't give a damn anymore. lmao!!

nothing what you said makes sense cause im pretty sure Boku no Pico broke barriers when Yaoi On Snow was even thought of
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2016 4:35 PM

Sep 2016
JJ is still the only likeable person here
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 7, 2016 4:36 PM

Mar 2013
This anime is just the best! xDD Victor and Yuuri are officially engaged! JK lol but I love the ending of Yuri's drunken state.
Dec 7, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2008
I still cannot convey what the LITERAL FUCK
I never, NEVER EXPECTED THIS FROM ANIME. This is great, man.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Dec 7, 2016 4:46 PM

Feb 2009
sooyong said:
Did I watch a backwards video or something? Because I saw them put rings on each other's RIGHT hands, not left. Engagement/wedding rings go on the left hand.

I really think this was a trolling of sorts. I don't doubt that Victor and Yuuri are close, and I enjoyed seeing them make intimate gestures towards each other, but I thought the scene with the rings and the church bells was just too much.

Enjoy the "engagement" but I think it was just another step of fanservice and people are really taking the bait.

It's right hand in Russia. e.g. - http://www.pictaram.com/media/1184680065334732059_2938369312
sei_mikotoDec 7, 2016 5:05 PM

art by とうこ
Dec 7, 2016 4:46 PM

May 2015
Oh my god, this show just went all the way. BEST EPISODE HANDS DOWN.
Dec 7, 2016 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
OMG best episode ever! Now I can die happy. Hahah I loved the ending where we see Yuris dance moves xD.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Dec 7, 2016 4:54 PM

May 2010
KILL ME.
KILL ME.
I'M TOO HAPPY FOR SO MANY REASON.
VICTOR'S PoV,
RINGS,
OTABEK,
FABULOUS DANCING SHOTS,
THE REASON VICTOR BECAME YUURI'S COACH REVEALED.

I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE ENDING OF THIS SERIES BEFORE, BUT NOW NOT ANYMORE.
HOW CAN SUCH SILLINESS MAKE THIS SERIES BECOME EVEN BETTER. I DIED LAUGHING EVER SINCE THEY WEAR THE RINGS LMAO ROFL LMAO.
Dec 7, 2016 5:00 PM

May 2009
Mula said:
The ED reminds me of The Hangover movies hehehehe XD

OK Victuri is canon, bye Felipe!

engagement goals af :3

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me throughout this episode:

Dec 7, 2016 5:09 PM
Jan 2016
why am i the only one stuck on the victor and yurio scene...i never understood their relationship
Dec 7, 2016 5:11 PM
Aug 2016
Short summary for episode 11 from the official website:

ヴィクトルとのの光を指に宿した勇利は、グランプリファイナルの金メダルを目指す!
選ばれし6人の戦士達がショートプログラムで火花を散らす…!!!

Translation (by Fencer):
“With the light of his and and Victor’s love now residing on their fingers, Yuuri aims for a gold medal at the Grand Prix final! The six warriors set off fireworks with their short programs!”
Dec 7, 2016 5:12 PM

Jul 2011
The episode was a little off-key in mood here and there, but I guess with this I'm much more convinced they're official as a couple. Sexual or platonic love, I lean towards the latter.

They met at the banquet though? Guess Victor lost that dance battle lol.

I fking love Phichit. Just sayin', this damn selfie-taking cutie.
Dec 7, 2016 5:13 PM

Jul 2009
...words...cannot explain how...happy I am.

And omg that ending. Yuri be wild when drunk! Did not expect that at all xD He's adorable!!!

HOLD UP THO IF YURI DOESN'T WIN (KNOCK ON WOOD KNOCK ON WOOD) WILL THERE BE NO WEDDING??????

And awww JJ is super annoying (which we love) but the way they ditched him when he interjected xD Poor guy. "I WAS ONLY JOKING!!!!"

JJ you rock. I honestly wouldn't have minded that much if you won...until I realized how much greater the ending will be with Yuri winning. Please win Yuri! WIN DAMNIT!
Dec 7, 2016 5:15 PM

Jun 2016
HOW do they manage to out do themselves EVERY WEEK!!!

This episode had me dying. I watched the new closing credits so many times before giving up and stalking my twitter feed so I could have somebody to talk to about this episode.

I'm terrified that Yuri is going to lose the GPF, but they'll try to pass it off as okay because he found love. I want him to win so bad, but so many sports animes make our main character/team lose the first season. I know this show is already atypical, but STILL. I don't want him to come in second or third or straight up lose. I want him to win it all. I want him to break Victor's records. I want him to show the world how amazing he is. I don't want him to lose. The next two shows have me pulling my hair out already.
"Once my stomach settles down...You better be prepared, 'cause we'll really give you something to cry about in the mat..."
Dec 7, 2016 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
History status: Made.
This anime is truly the highlight of the season as far as I'm concerned.
Dec 7, 2016 5:16 PM

Jan 2016
heyimaudrey said:
So, like.... can the "Is Yuri on Ice actually gay or just queerbait?" poll be closed now? Thanks.

I thought that poll would be closed after the kiss
Dec 7, 2016 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
lmfaoo the ending w/ yuuri getting drunk had me laughing so hard. and gahh that ending

viktor and yuuri are so in love *__* <3
Dec 7, 2016 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
I tell you guys, that's a friendship ring. Fujoshi reaction are so hillarious.

It's not canon, no matter what the creator said.
Dec 7, 2016 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
Helenus said:
I saw a pic with Victor and Yuri wearing matching golden rings ...

Is it time for me to commit seppuku?

Yes, delete your account :)
Dec 7, 2016 5:47 PM
Jun 2014
zoze said:
I tell you guys, that's a friendship ring. Fujoshi reaction are so hillarious.

It's not canon, no matter what the creator said.

Mate... If a canon kiss, canon love declarations and a canon marriage proposal (plus the creator's statements) aren't enough to make a relationship canon, way over half of romance animes are actually just buddy comedies.
Dec 7, 2016 5:53 PM
Jun 2009
Leverette0014 said:
sooyong said:
Did I watch a backwards video or something? Because I saw them put rings on each other's RIGHT hands, not left. Engagement/wedding rings go on the left hand.

I really think this was a trolling of sorts. I don't doubt that Victor and Yuuri are close, and I enjoyed seeing them make intimate gestures towards each other, but I thought the scene with the rings and the church bells was just too much.

Enjoy the "engagement" but I think it was just another step of fanservice and people are really taking the bait.

Ck. http://masterrussian.com/russianculture/russian_wedding.htm

"Russians traditionally wear the wedding ring on the ring finger of the right hand." Try again?

Okay. *shrug*

You know what's really absurd? Whenever I say something that suggests that this series is open to multiple interpretations to encompass anyone's idea of love, no one listens.

As soon as I say something in direct disagreement to the popular opinion, suddenly people start responding. I'm glad to get people's attention by saying something trollish.

The fact that Viktor and Yuuri love each other is not an issue to me. I love seeing them together. What really pisses me off is that so many people are completely dismissive of the idea that this relationship carries the capacity to represent something different for someone else. Just because it's a "gay relationship" to one person doesn't mean it's representative as such to someone else.

I still think these two's love is something that encompasses more than just "omg they're dating" or "omg they're engaged." If that's what it looks like to you, that's totally fine! But why can't their bond represent a different kind of intimate relationship? Why does their relationship have to have a label?

And even though we've had one Japanese native in this forum express her opinion, and another Japanese friend of mind expressed the same view, and even though I've even thoroughly explained the complexity of Japanese sexuality and same-sex bonds, no one wants to even consider that maybe this anime that comes from a different country carries with it a culture that's different from our own.

I get how YOI is "making history" by depicting this close relationship and not labelling as BL. And I like that. However, I think it's disappointing that this series had the potential to be recognized for what it is--which is that it's open to multiple interpretations of love--but less popular opinions about Victuuri are still being declared as narrow-minded, homophobic, delusional, etc.
Dec 7, 2016 6:02 PM
Aug 2016
Also another thing that came to mind: Victor said he isn't good at remembering promises he made and such. But he sure did remember Yuri asking him to be his coach at the banquet (although very drunk). And he did exactly as Yuri asked.
Dec 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Nov 2009
Even with the amount of good things that happened, the first scene in the hotel room with their beds pushed together was my favorite one. So simple, and still able to convey so much.

I'm glad that YOI is being brave enough to write such an important story, and I hope it marks the beginning of a more progressive time (in anime, I mean).

On another note, I really wish for Yuuri to be able to win. I know in reality it's not that easy, and that there are so much that could be learned from failure, also, but right now I need a gold medal to end this show with the most amount of satisfaction possible.

The only thing I didn't completely like was the amount of lewd in the ED, BUT it did indeed advance the plot and explained a lot about the characters' behavior and interactions since episode 01, which was pretty cool too.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 7, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2014
Okay, I've been a skeptic all the way through this but it's really happening! I still don't think they'll show much but I am hoping for a well-framed kiss. Major props, Yuri on Ice! You boldly went where no one has gone before!
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Dec 7, 2016 6:18 PM

May 2013
Welp, time to pack it up, lads. I joked it was rings. I didn't think this would be real. They're engaged too just. Thank-you, Kubo.

Helenus said:
Ok, again I have to be that one person in this thread: there were no romantic feelings involved in this episode. Not at all.

Kudos to the director to be a master of teasing. But no. Just no. This episode was the perfect example to show how they play everything 'romantic' as a joke. Just look how the whole tone changes when they bring the marriage thing up. Even in-universe they don't take it seriously. No gay-marriage, sorry. I totally doubt that there's love involved between Yuri and Victor. The ring is a token of appreciation. The narration made it clear.

Nonetheless it was an interesting episode. I really like Otabek. And the Yuri Plisetsky fangirls are quite an accurate representation of the YOI fandom.

9/10.

P.S.: I'm convinced Chris is gay. 100%.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This can't be real rn. Just delete your account already, you said you would. Get outta this denial stage already. You should be at the acceptance stage by now.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 7, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
The ED was really, super informative considering it was technically about Yuri getting shitfaced. Actually, this entire episode being from Victor's POV tied into it, because if you saw things through Yuri's POV at the beginning he didn't even seem to think Victor knew he existed. But now we know that Victor CLEARLY knew who he was AND had an interest in him for a long time.
Yuri thought Victor zoomed in out of nowhere, but he was probably just waiting for the right time.

I guess Victor can remember some of the promises he makes :P

PS. I have seen so many people joke about rings that I can't believe one of you don't have Insider Info. Spill the beans.
Dec 7, 2016 6:26 PM

Nov 2009
Ah, something else that I forgot. Viktor looked really sad at the end of the episode (in the beach scene), I wonder what that's about...

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 7, 2016 6:55 PM
Jun 2016
as much as I want them to get married and a couple...did it actually happen? Or is that just victor being his usual silly self :> He tends to say things without thinking at times, plus who was it that said, "I'm just kidding." i missed that right afterwards.
Dec 7, 2016 7:07 PM
Jun 2016
sooyong said:

Okay. *shrug*

You know what's really absurd? Whenever I say something that suggests that this series is open to multiple interpretations to encompass anyone's idea of love, no one listens.

As soon as I say something in direct disagreement to the popular opinion, suddenly people start responding. I'm glad to get people's attention by saying something trollish.

The fact that Viktor and Yuuri love each other is not an issue to me. I love seeing them together. What really pisses me off is that so many people are completely dismissive of the idea that this relationship carries the capacity to represent something different for someone else. Just because it's a "gay relationship" to one person doesn't mean it's representative as such to someone else.

I still think these two's love is something that encompasses more than just "omg they're dating" or "omg they're engaged." If that's what it looks like to you, that's totally fine! But why can't their bond represent a different kind of intimate relationship? Why does their relationship have to have a label?

And even though we've had one Japanese native in this forum express her opinion, and another Japanese friend of mind expressed the same view, and even though I've even thoroughly explained the complexity of Japanese sexuality and same-sex bonds, no one wants to even consider that maybe this anime that comes from a different country carries with it a culture that's different from our own.

I get how YOI is "making history" by depicting this close relationship and not labelling as BL. And I like that. However, I think it's disappointing that this series had the potential to be recognized for what it is--which is that it's open to multiple interpretations of love--but less popular opinions about Victuuri are still being declared as narrow-minded, homophobic, delusional, etc.

The thing is, people always play the "why can't this just be a special intimate bond between ~true friends~ uwu" card when the possibility of a queer relationship in fiction comes up, let alone the canonical fact of one. For one thing, it carries the implication that same-sex relationships and emotionally intimate friendships are mutually exclusive, and for another, more often than not it's an attempt to erase and invalidate same-sex relationships when they're already severely lacking in popular media. We saw it happen with Korra and Asami after the series finale of The Legend of Korra, and now we're seeing it happen again with Yuri!!! on Ice. But the thing is, emotionally intimate friendships and same-sex relationships aren't and shouldn't be mutually exclusive. It's generally considered a good thing when two people are friends and have some level of closeness before they become a couple. You can appreciate the emotional depth of Victor and Yuuri's relationship while also appreciating the existence of a same-sex couple in a relatively mainstream anime, a medium that's not well-known for featuring same-sex relationships that exist for more than audience titillation.
Dec 7, 2016 7:11 PM
Jun 2016
On a side note, I see something about the director talking about the ring or something? can someone show me what he said?
Dec 7, 2016 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
I can't believe I can say I was there when the actual gay sports anime was made
Ironically, the episode ended with the most mainly shots ever
and then the new ending came, and wow what a blast

this anime exists to make up for the shitty year that was 2016
Baby, daijobanai...
Dec 7, 2016 7:18 PM

Apr 2014
only 2 episodes left and we still don't know much about Viktor....the only hint we got was that he didn't really focus on love or living outside of skating for over 20 years. and yay they mentioned how we don't really celebrate Christmas in Russia, so it doesn't really matter that his bday is on Christmas Day.

eh a few awkward obvious fanservice animations...they could have done without them.

and lmao Yuri's Angels are a pretty accurate representation of fans

and oh my god they actually did the golden ring.....they keep surprising me. i really admire this show for breaking boundaries with each episode, i really hope they inspire some other shows to be more open-minded as well. haha Phichit is their biggest supporter, so cute

i can't believe they're actually getting married, that was like my biggest unrealistic wish since the beginning but it's already happening. i said before that i was content with just one season but now i'm slowly starting to want a season 2...not sure what they would include in it but i want it

but i'm so impressed with how much this anime got done with only 10 episodes so far....it feels so much longer. i really want Yuri to win but at the same time i doubt it'll happen. it's so heart breaking to see how much motivation everyone has, every single one of them (except Chris...perhaps) has some sort of big goal to achieve at the Finals

(and omg they changed the ending with only 2 episodes left, pole dancing Yuri though. the REAL reason why Viktor became his coach LOL)

(edit: oh i just realized that means Viktor has been interested in Yuri all along, which explains his very forward actions towards Yuri since the beginning. and looks like he thoughts Yuri remembered as well but he didn't this whole entire time. that means when Viktor watched the video of Yuri ice skating to his program, he thought he was interested as well. can't wait to rewatch this anime to see their meeting in a new perspective. OH that also explains why Viktor wanted Yuri to dance to Eros and was convinced he was able to do it)

i also kinda wish they addressed the whole gay issue in Russia and Japan, but i can see why they didn't to not stir up some censorship laws and controversy. so ridiculous how they couldn't show them kissing but there's thousands of hentai of "lolis/shotas"/under age girls/boys and nothing is done about it
belovingDec 7, 2016 7:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2016 7:21 PM
Oct 2013
Man what a time to be alive! Really.
Dec 7, 2016 7:22 PM
Dec 2016
talewind said:
sooyong said:

Okay. *shrug*

The thing is, people always play the "why can't this just be a special intimate bond between ~true friends~ uwu" card when the possibility of a queer relationship in fiction comes up, let alone the canonical fact of one. For one thing, it carries the implication that same-sex relationships and emotionally intimate friendships are mutually exclusive, and for another, more often than not it's an attempt to erase and invalidate same-sex relationships when they're already severely lacking in popular media. We saw it happen with Korra and Asami after the series finale of The Legend of Korra, and now we're seeing it happen again with Yuri!!! on Ice. But the thing is, emotionally intimate friendships and same-sex relationships aren't and shouldn't be mutually exclusive. It's generally considered a good thing when two people are friends and have some level of closeness before they become a couple. You can appreciate the emotional depth of Victor and Yuuri's relationship while also appreciating the existence of a same-sex couple in a relatively mainstream anime, a medium that's not well-known for featuring same-sex relationships that exist for more than audience titillation.

Wow, talewind! This is very well said! I just opened an account specially to reply to this comment, I am very impressed with how you worded it. This is exactly my feelings, and I couldn't express it in a better way. I am getting really frustrated when, at this point, people still deny Viktor and Yuuri's relationship. And this is not about respecting opinion. I mean, come on! There is a couple in a romantic love, and they don't need people's "opinion" to validate their relationship! I won't go in any further to proove why this isn't a simple "pure friendship relationship" because people who refuse to see it will never see it.

And I love asking that question, so here it goes, please think about it: what if Yuuri is a woman and Viktor is a man. And EVERYTHING ELSE that happened in this anime stays the same. Just Yuuri's gender is different. What if. Imagine this. And picture this with the ring exchange scene. Would people still say that this is only a "friend relationship" between the two of them? NO!!! Why not??? Because hetero romance is just okay and is so easily acceptable and self-validated. So now. Yuuri is a guy. What has changed? The simple fact that they are both guys seems to change everything for some people. Geez.
Dec 7, 2016 7:23 PM
Jul 2016
Refreshing ep tbh. Yuuri and Viktor really hit me on the heart. And the rings... OMG I just can't! ・:*:・(*/////∇/////*)・:*:・
The drunk scenes, I think I would be like that if I'm drunk. o(〃^▽^〃)o

And the denial that posted here. I may be wrong, but it seems like you guys are just too hopeless in love irl that even the 'there's no love, it hopeless' mind makes you deny everything here. I appreciate your sharp-minded, but force it to deny something that, for the sake of God, really appears in front of your eyes is just pathetic.

Oh yea, like I said I may be wrong. "Facts always tell what it seem, but those never give room to possibility." Maybe the ring-thing and sleep-thing and everything are actually not what those seem. But the skepticism, for me, is gone too far that makes the one who said "you live in delusional" are actually the one who lives in it.

This is just my opinion people. Please CMIIW.

Arrgh, I just want you guys happy and enjoy this anime. (❁´◡`❁)
This anime is so good, makes my heart beating fast and hard. And often makes me forgetting my surrounding... (≧∇≦)/
Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
Dec 7, 2016 7:24 PM
Nov 2016
SleepyPumpkin said:
KashiBien said:
I wonder how people will try to no homo that one...

Bro, don't you get? It's all part of the training, bro! They have to get engaged with gold rings so it will make the cosmic forces align and allow Yuuri to win gold medal, bro! How can you not see it's totally no homo, bro?

....... (lol couldn't carry on any longer with this xD)

But seriously, I wanna see what some people will come up with! This episode was so gloriously magnificent. Trully the best in the series so far!

My heart is gonna burst/10

they just say it a "good luck charm" and stuff. really nothing interesting there.
who come to the wedding? who will be the bast man? I thought it be Yuri best friend that notice his ring first or it can be Yurio.

I"m so happy for Yuri and Vic engagement. Victor already confirm they going to get married.
and really, deny it now is just stupid and painful XD I don't see how it help the series.
Dec 7, 2016 7:29 PM
Jun 2016
Ko-me said:
SleepyPumpkin said:

Bro, don't you get? It's all part of the training, bro! They have to get engaged with gold rings so it will make the cosmic forces align and allow Yuuri to win gold medal, bro! How can you not see it's totally no homo, bro?

....... (lol couldn't carry on any longer with this xD)

But seriously, I wanna see what some people will come up with! This episode was so gloriously magnificent. Trully the best in the series so far!

My heart is gonna burst/10

they just say it a "good luck charm" and stuff. really nothing interesting there.
who come to the wedding? who will be the bast man? I thought it be Yuri best friend that notice his ring first or it can be Yurio.

I"m so happy for Yuri and Vic engagement. Victor already confirm they going to get married.
and really, deny it now is just stupid and painful XD I don't see how it help the series.

I'm in the not 100% sold, but I want it to be :> Just...I don't want to get all excited for something thats not real, hasn't victor on a few occasions if I remember right just blurted out something out of the blue at the spur of the moment. gahhh....:> I'm so torn I want to believe but afraid to get disapointed hehe.
Dec 7, 2016 7:43 PM

Aug 2014
So did Victor fall in love with Yuri at the party?

(Btw, Yuri as a stripper with Chris... my soul was not prepared)

Dec 7, 2016 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
this anime made up for 2016 i
Dec 7, 2016 7:55 PM

Jun 2011
TheExplorer said:
So did Victor fall in love with Yuri at the party?

(Btw, Yuri as a stripper with Chris... my soul was not prepared)

Yup! And Yuri doesn't remember being that eros scoundrel playboy who loves em and leaves em! But that is totally what he did! Remember when Yuri didn't think he was that kind of guy? Remember when Victor wanted to give him a picture in episode 1? holy crap. This is brilliant! Victor wanted to talk to him after the grand prix because <3 not pity! He had a great time and thought Yuri was a hoot.
Energetic-NovaDec 7, 2016 7:59 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 7, 2016 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.

Some relaxation before the final. LOL that Instagram pic of Victor & Chris.

Love Victor & Yuri's relationship. Their bond is growing stronger. WOW Pair Rings. Just get married already.
HAHA Everyone ignores JJ.

Nice ED Song. DAMN those Drunk Yuri pics were funny. Chris Pole Dancing was something.

Grand Prix Final. Lets Go Yuri.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 7, 2016 8:05 PM
Mar 2016
seika_e said:
why am i the only one stuck on the victor and yurio scene...i never understood their relationship

I know me to. I mean Victurri is great but why did Victor get so close to Yurio. I mean Victor is 10 years older than him but who knows I hope they touch on that more. I think they will because they made a very smart and creative episode and it linked other episodes together and tied some loose ends but also kept some open. I feel the creative team for this show is good and I expect more great things to come. And So I hope there is a season two because I have a feeling that Yuri won't win gold. I mean look at the next preview Victor was back with his poodle and looked gloomy. So will Victor compete again and will he compete against Yuri and Yurio or is Victurri a real thing. I wanted to hear Victors perspective so I'm so happy that they did his narration. I hope they do an ova on just Victor as a skater and what he really wants to do with his life. Oh man the feels
Dec 7, 2016 8:18 PM
Nov 2016
kono_baka said:
talewind said:

Wow, talewind! This is very well said! I just opened an account specially to reply to this comment, I am very impressed with how you worded it. This is exactly my feelings, and I couldn't express it in a better way. I am getting really frustrated when, at this point, people still deny Viktor and Yuuri's relationship. And this is not about respecting opinion. I mean, come on! There is a couple in a romantic love, and they don't need people's "opinion" to validate their relationship! I won't go in any further to proove why this isn't a simple "pure friendship relationship" because people who refuse to see it will never see it.

And I love asking that question, so here it goes, please think about it: what if Yuuri is a woman and Viktor is a man. And EVERYTHING ELSE that happened in this anime stays the same. Just Yuuri's gender is different. What if. Imagine this. And picture this with the ring exchange scene. Would people still say that this is only a "friend relationship" between the two of them? NO!!! Why not??? Because hetero romance is just okay and is so easily acceptable and self-validated. So now. Yuuri is a guy. What has changed? The simple fact that they are both guys seems to change everything for some people. Geez.

okay if their Relationship is not romantic then Kirito and Asuna IS NOT A ROMANTIC relationship. they just "very good friends and partners that have a child together".
sooyong if you going to deny romantic relationship in anime, at last be fair and deny all of them even if they confirm in the anime, even if it pointless to deny it already! it really is.

ps: by the way, the reviewer "Chibi Reviews" actually talk how the romance build batter then other romance anime that focusing on romance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_gpW56JHpM. they not try to hide it or deny it unlike other anime.
Ko-meDec 7, 2016 8:48 PM
Dec 7, 2016 8:25 PM

Oct 2012
Helenus said:

I am relieved to see I am not the only one who noticed this. All the BL comments seem to exaggerate Victor and Yuri's relationship and feelings so much. Even after this episode I still view them as friends; there is no chemistry between them just like you said. Oh, and I am so happy you like Otabek. He is the first Kazakh anime character, I still cannot believe he already got such a decent amount of screen time.

There is no chemistry you said?!!??
LMAO
Are we even watching the same show??
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

12 by kihel »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
Apr 24, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.