Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
Overall this was a neat episodes. I was happy to to see and hear all the voice actors and 77th class members again.
Overall the small action scenes were just pure fun to watch.
And the end scene on the boat with everywone was just hearthwarming
Also Naegi being the next "Hopes Peak" Headmaster was somewhat ironic funny as well xD.

But..............it was only a good episodes for what it was. Fanservice.
As a final conclusion to the story it was just hollow.
It was neither really bad nor good it was just hollow.
Naegi was overall useless and did add nothing to the overall plot. The one who solved everything was Hajime not him. He just survived the killing game and changed Munakata from despair white and black hope to a grey Hope&Despair.
No final fight between Hopes vs. Desapir as Kodaka promised us.
No KillerKiller characters that will show up in the anime as Kodaka promised us.
Heavy rekkon on some DR lore facst and explainations.
No explaination how the braindead characters could come back. I mean it is DR and i was so happy/hyped to see them. Overall that they are back (all from the 77th class) kinda contraticts the whole message/end from DR2 with their conclusoin they would neither choose Hope nor Despair but their own future.
Now the are on Hope side instead of choosing there own future.
In the whole Anime was no real villian. Just some crazy old man with extreme actions that justified his killing game for no real purpose other than kill of the leader who would fight eacher other at some point in the FF because of their problems.
Still doseant justify killing nor does it make any more reasonable or ok.
Chisa was nothing more than a mindless puppet that set some things in motion but it didnt matter as well because she was no villian. She was merely a brainwashed puppet that showed up for only this Anime.
Like every FF leader was just meat for killing. We got from some characters really nice and good backstorys. But nope their only puprose was to create a killing game that had no real reason besides Tengans extreme crazy idear for the "purge".
Heck Miaya didnt even get a voice actor thats how much useless she was for the story/plot. And this is freaking sad.
They shoot their only capable (and living) villain in freaking space. And ignore the fact she killed so many people and can flee without any punishmed or conclusion to the whole DR:DespairGirls/AnotherEpisode Game.
No Kanon or anyone from the captives.
Nobody from the main cast died (thanks Kodaka for that honestly) but still for a narrative point of view. If you dont have the will/balls to kill one of your original cast. Than dont trick people with a fake dead 3 times in a row. I knew that plot armor was strong but this was over the top "Luck".
I mean the 78th class is still dead most of them. Why cant they come back as well if everybody comes back? It just felt like that for a moment.
Sidenote i really wanted to see the super saiyan form of Hajime with his cross eyes. His end form in the Anime was a little to "normal" for me. Even in the Epilog scene of DR2 we saw his that his hear was somewhat "white" not exactly white but still not as dark as in his spirtes/characterpictures before.
One thing that still bother me Antagonist was written on the bottle. I dont know if it has the same meaning as i my motherlanguage but it means= villian/evil person and so on. So this was kinda conefusing for a medicine.

It was a ok episode. Not a real final conclusion but still a last episode happy end thing. A hollow finale for a series i love so much.
It means so much to me to be part of this fandom and DR helped me a lot in my childhood.
I am just sad how it ended. How this ending was so hollow. No real consequenes and so much fanservice(that i loved so much) instead of a ending plot to everything or a final twist like we know from Kodaka.

I give Mirai-hen a 8/10
I give Kibou-hen a 7/10
I give Despair-hen a 6/10

It really is a hollow victory for this entire story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLaiZTOGTkA
MonoReaperSep 29, 2016 4:37 PM
Sep 29, 2016 4:19 PM

Feb 2015
Jeez, people complain when a character dies, and they also complain when they get revived. You guys need to make up your mind.

Mr. 30% accurate was right after all. We did get a happy ending. It was very cheesy & far from perfect, but I'll take it.

Komaeda is still a weirdo. Looking forward to see him in the OVA.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2016 4:27 PM

Jun 2015
Cant wait for the new game, hyped !
Sep 29, 2016 4:29 PM
Feb 2013
OverkilledRed said:
KamuiGavin said:
One word to describe it... EPIC!

This is the ending that DR3 deserved. I'm glad Kodaka managed to deliver a good episode, explaining everything, bringing some epic, funny and interesting moments, and hell, giving a happy and conclusive ending for our characters.

And then I read some comments of this topic... LMAO, you guys just can't stop being ridiculous. The moment a little detail is not of your liking, the whole thing is garbage. Anyway, I won't bother discussing this again, it's a waste of time and you will still act childish. Just do me a favor and grow up.

Man, Danganronpa is one of my favorite franchises but its fanbase is one of the worst, most retarded fanbases I've ever seen. Good thing after this episode my interaction with it is over.

Anyway, have a good day, ladies. My soul can rest in peace after this ending... I'm so sorry you can't be happy with anything.

Are you serious? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but you're the one being childish and stupid here. I hated DR3 because it just destroyed everything I loved about the games and their strong messages. They just gave us the forced happy ending with a lot of coward choices and ignored all the great concepts of the games, so OF COURSE a lot of us are angry and extremely disappointed. I will agree with you in the "worst fanbase" point, though, seeing how stupid you are acting.

Nah you guys are pretty bad. The fanbase has almost surpassed the Fate one in terms of how toxic it is. Sure this anime has a lot of problems, but the way some of you are touting this franchise for it's story telling and creativity makes me question whether you actually played the games. What made this series special was never the story in the first place. It was the experience (i.e. puzzle solving, the class trials, mystery etc). The story comes after and really isn't that special once you remove all the mechanics. But as some on here have noted, it could be that the problem is the people on THIS site rather than the actual fanbase as a whole which is pretty good.
dedeogbeSep 29, 2016 4:34 PM
Sep 29, 2016 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
this was the most retardedly happy thing in the world, overall i kind of would of been ok without 3 exsisting as it really didnt need to but ehh fuck it this super happy ending is much preferable than just making a needless sequel that makes the previous game's endings more depressing than they needed to be. the episode was indeed pretty rushed but ehh whatever.

I wish the anime was in the hands of a better director and writer, i really dislike the stuff from the gakkou gurashi guy so im a bit pissed he was the one in charge of this while the guy who wrote 1 and 2 basically just did the basic plot outline. 3 did genuinly have its moments but it really falls short of something that could of been great with alot more polish, and could of avoided many of its flaws had it been alot more polished.

That said, I've grown very attached to these characters of the years so even if this is a pretty asspull happy ending it still left me grinning like and idiot for most the episode at alot of the character interaction, and frankly i say thank god kirigiri survived cause i initially thought it was a ballsy move until looking back on it more and more to only find the moment super cheap and more or less make her character alot more dumb just as an excuse to kill her off. Having her take a chance on the cure W bottle makes up for how she probably should of chopped off her arm like juzo did, however im very disappointed they didnt give her and naegi a longer scene cause i wanted to see how he'd react to her being alive. Its pretty clear this series existed solely as fanservice to show these characters one last time and give them all relatively happy endings.

I look foreword to V-3 to be a return to form, since kodaka is actually writing this one and not just leaving it in the hands of one of the worst directors in the bussiness + a not so great writer im sure it'll at least be better than this entry was.
JizzyHitlerSep 29, 2016 4:35 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 29, 2016 4:36 PM

Feb 2012
Danganronpa 3 mostly knew how to do things right except end properly. *Sigh*. I guess this thing is the Return of the Jedi to DR1's A New Hope and DR2's Empire Strikes Back.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Sep 29, 2016 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
MonoReaper said:

DR3 is definitely a story that only exsists because of persistent fans, kodaka wants a soft reboot but he probably understands that had they not done something like this entry, for better or for worse how one thinks it was quality wise, people would of been upset at the lack of connection between the entries. I do think kodaka should of just handed this off to other people cause i have no doubt he would of handled alot of this way better than what we got, but i think for what this series was, a cheap fan service ending to see every character off, it kind of did its job even with the questionable aspects. I would of prefered they kept the fates of the DR2 cast ambiguous though cause thats the only part of this that i feel makes me look back at 2 in a slightly weaker light but at least that chiaki scene at the end was super tasteful and bittersweet.

Now believe me im not defending kodaka her, i actually think its pretty shitty he didnt put more time into this past basic outlines and character traits, and i understand 3 was originally going to be a game, but i think even if he trusted the staff working on it he should of put V3 a bit more on hold to really write this thing out. Cause it really shows in how fucking weird future arc's tone was, it took itself so seriously while the craziest bullshit was happening that it led to a total tonal dissonance.
JizzyHitlerSep 29, 2016 4:48 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 29, 2016 4:47 PM

Mar 2008
dedeogbe said:
OverkilledRed said:

Are you serious? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but you're the one being childish and stupid here. I hated DR3 because it just destroyed everything I loved about the games and their strong messages. They just gave us the forced happy ending with a lot of coward choices and ignored all the great concepts of the games, so OF COURSE a lot of us are angry and extremely disappointed. I will agree with you in the "worst fanbase" point, though, seeing how stupid you are acting.

Nah you guys are pretty bad. The fanbase has almost surpassed the Fate one in terms of how toxic it is. Sure this anime has a lot of problems, but the way some of you are touting this franchise for it's story telling and creativity makes me question whether you actually played the games. What made this series special was never the story in the first place. It was the experience (i.e. puzzle solving, the class trials etc). The story comes after and really isn't that special once you remove all the mechanics. But as some on here have noted, it could be that the problem is the people on THIS site rather than the actual fanbase as a whole which is pretty good.

You're just speaking for yourself. Everyone I know that played the games and love them is because they really liked the story and its presentation. And it's not because is a complex one in the conventional sense, but because it sticked to every dark twist made, aware that they were important for its thematic presentation, so that its main message would leave a strong impact. And here we are, being called "toxic" for someone that can't even acknowledge this side of the games.

Sep 29, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2009
Kirigiri being alive is one of the few things that made sense, given that otherwise would mean she just rolled up and died like a moron.

Other than that? This was probably one of most dumb things ever written. The constant retcons, bad pacing, character assassination, reliance of cheap plot devices, it was like watching "how to not write a story 101". DR franchise was always kinda bad when it was not about the murder mysteries and the character interactions, but this thing took the whole thing a step further.I think both anime and VN got dumber as mediums because of this.

Maybe Kodaka wrote this because he wanted the DR fanbase to feel true despair?

Regardless, the whole script should be shoot into the sun so and everyone should be brainwashed into thinking it never existed. For the future... for hope... or something.
Jin_uzukiSep 29, 2016 4:59 PM

Sep 29, 2016 5:00 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode overall.
But there's one thing that keeps bugging me:
In episode 2 the "prerecorded" Monokuma talked to Usami, hacked into Miayas/Monakas computer and changed Usami to Monomi. But how is that possible if the Monokuma was prerecorded?...

Do you have any ideas?
Sep 29, 2016 5:05 PM

Dec 2014
JizzyHitler said:
MonoReaper said:

DR3 is definitely a story that only exsists because of persistent fans, kodaka wants a soft reboot but he probably understands that had they not done something like this entry, for better or for worse how one thinks it was quality wise, people would of been upset at the lack of connection between the entries. I do think kodaka should of just handed this off to other people cause i have no doubt he would of handled alot of this way better than what we got, but i think for what this series was, a cheap fan service ending to see every character off, it kind of did its job even with the questionable aspects. I would of prefered they kept the fates of the DR2 cast ambiguous though cause thats the only part of this that i feel makes me look back at 2 in a slightly weaker light but at least that chiaki scene at the end was super tasteful and bittersweet.

Now believe me im not defending kodaka her, i actually think its pretty shitty he didnt put more time into this past basic outlines and character traits, and i understand 3 was originally going to be a game, but i think even if he trusted the staff working on it he should of put V3 a bit more on hold to really write this thing out. Cause it really shows in how fucking weird future arc's tone was, it took itself so seriously while the craziest bullshit was happening that it led to a total tonal dissonance.

Well i guess Kodaka didnt really care about the DR3 anime remember in a interview that the didnt want to wirte a what if scenario for the DR2 cast after the events there. And the he will let someone else do it but he doseant will do it. I guess thats it. His focus is on V3/was on V3 and DR3 Anime was just a side project for SpikeChunsoft.
I would like to see what the japanese fans think about this ending.
Sep 29, 2016 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
MonoReaper said:
JizzyHitler said:

Well i guess Kodaka didnt really care about the DR3 anime remember in a interview that the didnt want to wirte a what if scenario for the DR2 cast after the events there. And the he will let someone else do it but he doseant will do it. I guess thats it. His focus is on V3/was on V3 and DR3 Anime was just a side project for SpikeChunsoft.
I would like to see what the japanese fans think about this ending.
I'm fairly certain kodaka probably wrote this ending in there after a change of heart more so than the anime staff doing it, i think its pretty clear DR3 would of ultimately just been a scrapped project had things gone slightly differently where as here he is just doing this to give fanservice, he even said that when announcing 3 that its fanservice. He probably just thought if 1's cast is going to get the best possible ending then 2's deserves it too.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 29, 2016 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
this ending was good enough for me cause ever since then end of DR2 and then seeing all of the Despair Arc all i really wanted was to see them all come back some how since they went through the most bs

though it still sucks that in the end Chiaki remained dead but atleast her death and her actions wasnt for waste as because of her this was able to happen

so loved this ending loved how things turned out and now to look forward to the new series of
Danganronpa V3 for psvita & ps4

am looking forward to it and seeing what awaits
"one step at a time"
Sep 29, 2016 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Had to rewatch this in English Lol, since god damn when I translate it in Spanish its hard to get the grasp on things, but I would keep my opinion still on Kibou-hen as I dont think it was anything spectacularly great or twisting, but I am satisfied with the conclusion of the entire series, at least for Hope's Peak Arc. I know, it would maybe make the DR2 game useless but then again it was rather obvious, considering DR2 did kinda teased around them maybe coming back or something, and well Hajizuru as well on the matter.
Sep 29, 2016 5:35 PM

May 2016
BluexMage said:
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHhahahahahaahahahaha

I have...no words...

I just..... hahahahaaha

I have so many problems with this that I don't even feel like listing them. Heck, I don't even feel like posting this but might as well post something since it's over.

I'll just say this: I called it. From the very first moment I learned DR3 was a thing, I knew Kodaka would do it.

Also, how nice. Everyone that isn't from DR2 is useless. All that (mostly crappy) buildup from Future? Well, that was for nothing, sorry. Future doesn't even end properly and DR2 cast hijacks the ending with basically no input whatsoever from anyone else. Makoto only convinced Munakata who is a way better person than Mitarai. Nice job Kodaka! You sure know how to write!

I guess if you absolutely loved DR2 cast and would prefer them all to live you'll be happy with this ending. To each their own. I set myself up for dissapointment since I really hoped the Hope episode would salvage something. Instead, it only made things worse for me.

I'm starting to fear for DRV3 now...

Why would you fear for V3? Is a fucking game so they have all the time in the world to properly write a fantastic plot (unlike a fucking 12 + special anime that denpends on another 12 ep counterpart). Also the Hope vs Despair plot is over and V3 will beggin with a new and fresh concept, so just like DR1, they will build they will build the foundation for another fantastic series (the foundation is generally the hardest part to fuck up)...So really, your worry is meaningless...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 29, 2016 5:35 PM

May 2014
IM SO HAPPY FOR EVERYONE but

kirigiri

why
Sep 29, 2016 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
HyperL said:
Why would you fear for V3? Is a fucking game so they have all the time in the world to properly write a fantastic plot (unlike a fucking 12 + special anime that denpends on another 12 ep counterpart). Also the Hope vs Despair plot is over and V3 will beggin with a new and fresh concept, so just like DR1, they will build they will build the foundation for another fantastic series (the foundation is generally the hardest part to fuck up)...So really, your worry is meaningless...
Because if Kodaka can okay something like DR3, I have no confidence he won't screw up in a completely different setting.

Of course, I also remind myself Kodaka wrote 1 and Zero so I still have some hopes for V3 since he can write good stories.
Sep 29, 2016 5:51 PM

Mar 2008
BluexMage said:
HyperL said:
Because if Kodaka can okay something like DR3, I have no confidence he won't screw up in a completely different setting.

Of course, I also remind myself Kodaka wrote 1 and Zero so I still have some hopes for V3 since he can write good stories.

It makes sense now why he made V3 not having any connection with the previous storyline and characters. Guess he just left them to anyone to do what they want.

Sep 29, 2016 6:10 PM
Feb 2010
Samu-tan said:

Who created the Chiaki AI?
Why is the entire cast from DR2 suddenly good guys?
Why is Imposter-kun posing as Byakuya in one scene and suddenly he's Mitari again in the next one?
Especially the second question is bothering me.

1: It was explained, it's based on the memories of everyone. It was someone they all wanted to see; Chiaki.
2: Neo World Program. You don't remember how DR2 ended?
3: I can't really answer to this one, but he's the ultimate imposter. He got more than an ace in his sleeves.
Sep 29, 2016 6:12 PM
Feb 2010
Durge93 said:
Great episode overall.
But there's one thing that keeps bugging me:
In episode 2 the "prerecorded" Monokuma talked to Usami, hacked into Miayas/Monakas computer and changed Usami to Monomi. But how is that possible if the Monokuma was prerecorded?...

Do you have any ideas?

Monaca was part of the plan, you know right? She just didn't knew who the mastermind was.
It's possible it was made to look like Monokuma hacked her PC, since all of Monokuma is pre-recorded.
Sep 29, 2016 6:14 PM
Sep 2016
BEST.EPISODE.EVER.

After the long despair, finally I could feel the hope again. I don't know why everyone hates the fact that Kirigiri is alive again.. I'm really that she is. And her death was just too random and didn't give impact like Sakakura's death. So I always believe that she is still alive.

It's still sad that Chiaki didn't get this kind of revival. But her death was necessary. She was the key for class 77 to overcome their despair too. Because she was dead, everyone wants to meet her again even just once more. Hence she was created as an AI from their memories and strong will in meeting her. Although the AI was not the real Chiaki, she at least be able to meet and be together once again with her classmates.
Sep 29, 2016 6:19 PM
Nov 2015
Tbh I was actually starting to ship Tsumiki and Naegi after this scene
I'm salty at Komaeda now.

There are actually tons of pairing opportunities between the 2 casts omg, I need them to all meet up again pls
Sep 29, 2016 6:27 PM
Jun 2016
I wonder if there's going to be a 3rd season for the third game that is coming out, the characters in the third game were never mentioned so I don't know what will happen. It isn't confirmed that the people in the third game are despairs or hope people but I think this anime ended nicely, but I want a third season of the characters in the third game :(.

it also seems that Naegi is the new handmaster and kyoko survived (Ithrew up the episode she died lol).
Sep 29, 2016 6:29 PM

Mar 2015
caio_ken said:
Sirofcoffee said:
I think that Kodaka was trusting the theorists to figure out that Kirigiri wasn't dead. He left enough clues in my opinion. Sure, it could have been explained better afterwards, but it's fine as it is. Kirigiri surviving made sure that Kizakura and Seiko's deaths weren't wasted.

I liked how the final villain and conflict of Danganronpa's Hope's peak arc was about differend kinds of hope. In that was Mitarai and Tengan were better antagonists than Junko in DR2 (Who was kinda just more of the same)

Lastly I loved the fact that the focus was on the DR2 kids. They showed how the events of the DR2 did help them. They were much more mature than their last normal moments in Zetsubou hen.

While Danganronpa 3 sure isn't perfect, I'm happy. We got closure for most of the characters, some nice new characters (Even if I would have liked to see some more of some of them, like Kizakura), some backstory and some good fanservice (Which isn't always bad)

I'd rate the Zetsubou arc a 8.6, Kibou a 8.8 and Hope a 9.5

Tengan have one of the worst motivations that I ever seen and Mitarai is the worst antagonist in this series. Sorry.

At least Tengan's motivation wasn't just lol despair again, it was actually pretty understandable once you consider his situation

Also Mitarai was never truly an antagonist, he was always a pawn
Sep 29, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2014

Hinata said exactly what I thought too.

But hey! Kirigiri survived! 10/10
I knew she wouldn't die and all, and really happy that she didn't.
Still... Deep inside my heart, I still want her to stay dead for more impact.. Oh well. I'm okay either way..

On serious note, overall this series is just decent. Not a masterpiece at all, but I'll give this 9/10 anyway because I just love Danganronpa series itself. Seeing all DR2 cast still alive and well increase the score even more.
Still, it IS Danganronpa, so I expected a better ending tbh, I just know they can do more.. A little bit disappointed with how easy they convinced Mitarai in this ep..
Sep 29, 2016 6:33 PM

May 2016
WFCgbow said:
I wonder if there's going to be a 3rd season for the third game that is coming out, the characters in the third game were never mentioned so I don't know what will happen. It isn't confirmed that the people in the third game are despairs or hope people but I think this anime ended nicely, but I want a third season of the characters in the third game :(.

it also seems that Naegi is the new handmaster and kyoko survived (Ithrew up the episode she died lol).

You're preety uninformed my friend, allow me to inform you...The Hope vs Despair plot is over for good...Danganronpa V3 will have nothing to do with this whole mess, it's an entirely different universe with an entirely different concept and plot...This anime was the end of everything, this is all you will get...That's one reason why so many people are disappointed...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 29, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
eh an ending like this an't so bad was expecting a bit more of a bittersweet ending but ayy lmao Kirigiri still alive fam!,was thinking both classes lost their poster girl but nope.

a lot of things happened were if i thought about it a lot i'd get pissed but just said fuck it and enjoyed the fanservice of a ending.

could be a 8/10 could be a 1/10 depending on how view it
Sep 29, 2016 7:02 PM

Oct 2011
pmfg Class 77 to the rescue! !!!
Naegi Hinata and Nagito in the same room ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Kyouko Alve ahhhhhhhh,😍😍😍😍
Sep 29, 2016 7:02 PM
Jul 2016
Vsegda7 said:
That was a cop out of epic proportions. 77th class looks exactly like in DR2 even though those looks were from 2 years ago.

Also, Kodaka. If you don't have the balls to keep Kirigiri dead then don't 'off her in the first place!!

true, it made me mad that they revived her.
Sep 29, 2016 7:20 PM

Aug 2012
Despite the utter trainwreck from the both hope and despair side, this episode managed to end the series pretty nicely.

We've got to see the entire casts of DR 1, 2, and even AE (minus monaca), which is always appreciated.
Kyoko's still alive, the plot armor sure is OP.
Gotta love it when 2 characters with same VA speaks to each other.
And that ultimate impostor changes his appearance every single time, was freaking hilarious too.

8/10. Will wait for V3.
Sep 29, 2016 7:28 PM

Sep 2011
Best girl lives. All I needed. 8/10.
Sep 29, 2016 7:29 PM

Mar 2015
JizzyHitler said:
MonoReaper said:

DR3 is definitely a story that only exsists because of persistent fans, .

Kodaka was actually thinking of doing an origin story ever since DR1 so you're wrong about that actually

MonoReaper said:
Overall this was a neat episodes. I was happy to to see and hear all the voice actors and 77th class members again.
Overall the small action scenes were just pure fun to watch.
And the end scene on the boat with everywone was just hearthwarming
Also Naegi being the next "Hopes Peak" Headmaster was somewhat ironic funny as well xD.

But..............it was only a good episodes for what it was. Fanservice.
As a final conclusion to the story it was just hollow.
It was neither really bad nor good it was just hollow.

1-Naegi was overall useless and did add nothing to the overall plot. The one who solved everything was Hajime not him. He just survived the killing game and changed Munakata from despair white and black hope to a grey Hope&Despair.

2-No final fight between Hopes vs. Desapir as Kodaka promised us

3-No KillerKiller characters that will show up in the anime as Kodaka promised us.

4-Heavy rekkon on some DR lore facst and explainations.

5-No explaination how the braindead characters could come back. I mean it is DR and i was so happy/hyped to see them. Overall that they are back (all from the 77th class) kinda contraticts the whole message/end from DR2 with their conclusoin they would neither choose Hope nor Despair but their own future.
Now the are on Hope side instead of choosing there own future.

6-In the whole Anime was no real villian. Just some crazy old man with extreme actions that justified his killing game for no real purpose other than kill of the leader who would fight eacher other at some point in the FF because of their problems. Still doseant justify killing nor does it make any more reasonable or ok.

7-Chisa was nothing more than a mindless puppet that set some things in motion but it didnt matter as well because she was no villian. She was merely a brainwashed puppet that showed up for only this Anime.

8-Like every FF leader was just meat for killing. We got from some characters really nice and good backstorys. But nope their only puprose was to create a killing game that had no real reason besides Tengans extreme crazy idear for the "purge".
Heck Miaya didnt even get a voice actor thats how much useless she was for the story/plot. And this is freaking sad.
They shoot their only capable (and living) villain in freaking space. And ignore the fact she killed so many people and can flee without any punishmed or conclusion to the whole DR:DespairGirls/AnotherEpisode Game.
No Kanon or anyone from the captives.
Nobody from the main cast died (thanks Kodaka for that honestly) but still for a narrative point of view. If you dont have the will/balls to kill one of your original cast. Than dont trick people with a fake dead 3 times in a row. I knew that plot armor was strong but this was over the top "Luck".

9-I mean the 78th class is still dead most of them. Why cant they come back as well if everybody comes back? It just felt like that for a moment.

10-One thing that still bother me Antagonist was written on the bottle. I dont know if it has the same meaning as i my motherlanguage but it means= villian/evil person and so on. So this was kinda conefusing for a medicine.

1- You can't be real, class 77 could only saved because of Naegi's hope, Togami said as much

2-he didn't promise any of that

3-Yeah, that's a bummer

4-There was no such thing

5- Izuru talked about this in this same episode, SDR2 ending also hinted it was possible

6-Junko was the villain, she wasn't alive in the Future arc but her influence through Chisa ruined the FF and made Tengan do what he did

7-Chisa caused the killing game and waspart of Munakata's motivation, she certainly wasn't an useless puppet

8-The fact that some of them died doesn't means they're useless

9- The 78th class is dead, the 77th was only in a coma

10-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antagonism_(chemistry)
Sep 29, 2016 7:30 PM

Mar 2015
Vsegda7 said:
That was a cop out of epic proportions. 77th class looks exactly like in DR2 even though those looks were from 2 years ago.

Also, Kodaka. If you don't have the balls to keep Kirigiri dead then don't 'off her in the first place!!

To be fair Nagito looked the same in chapter zero (so it has precedence) and Saionji looked like her old self
Sep 29, 2016 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
I am just happy that Nagito and Naegi finally met each other.

Sep 29, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
KaiserNazrin said:
I am just happy that Nagito and Naegi finally met each other.
Yeah this was something i always wanted to see, even if it was brief and it wasnt super crazy nagito i still got a genuine laugh out of it.

Honestly in general this episode got alot of laughs out of me. It actually felt like danganronpa for fucking once.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 29, 2016 7:43 PM

Dec 2007
This episode would have been like x10 better without Kyouko coming back. There was basically only 1 clue for it, and it was meaningless besides for fan-service.

DR was always so amazing because it could be kooky and serious at the same time. Characters dying and staying dead in DR1 had impact, I felt what the characters felt in their despairing situation. Hell, even the 77 class coming back was like "ok I guess", they have to live with their past as ultimate despair. I didn't like it but I could live with it. Kyouko coming back makes everything feel way less meaningful.

I was one of the ones loving Mirai-hen for the entire time before this, but you can't end a story just throwing away meaningful elements for the sake of fanservice. I loved Celeste in DR1, I would have been really fkng pissed if they threw away all progression and brought her back just for the fk of it.

This didn't feel like a conclusion at all, it felt like one of those anime original endings to a manga adaptation, where the manga is still ongoing and they basically say "shit we need to just throw together an ending now".

Basically, Zetsubou-hen >>> Mirai-hen
KetuekigamiSep 29, 2016 7:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2016 7:46 PM

Sep 2013
Best girl Kirigiri and the 77th class are alive.

Fuck yeah. Thanks Danganronpa.
Sep 29, 2016 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
That second you see the rubble chain reaction, you just know it was gonna be Komaeda. Such a big smile on my face seeing that and the rest of the characters. Komaeda meeting Naegi was full of lulz.

Was pretty expected Kirigiri would live, though I still cheered when she was confirmed alive and nice to see the group back together even if only for a bit.

Well I guess now we just wait for the Komaeda anime and see what it give us if anything important in the first place.
Sep 29, 2016 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
This was perfect.

Half of me wanted Kirigiri to stay dead, but the other half is really happy because that means Kizakura's sacrifice wasn't pointless.

I'm really glad all the DR2 characters are awake and alive and well, and it was great to see them again (especially Gundam <3). I think their ending suited them really well, since they now will have to bear the burden of being despair forever, which is fair considering they certainly did a lot of crazy shit in their Ultimate Despair days, but can still manage to have good lives.

And this scene was adorable
Sep 29, 2016 8:15 PM

May 2010

Aw shit son you know if this guy is alive then all hope is lost. He was insane before going insane.

That said I love the bastard to death, I'm so glad he's alive.
Sep 29, 2016 8:16 PM
Aug 2011
That Ever Free hide ED, I wasn't expecting it... it's been a while.

episode itself:
Bullshit "waifu isn't dead" which we all saw coming so it's not really bullshit. I don't particularly care but Kirigiri fans will live to see another day.

The rest of it was highly ridiculous but I also thought it was really dumb fun.
That scene where Komaeda pushes Mikan to talk to Naegi was golden, i'm so glad they met.
Ogata Megumi x2 I love it.
standSep 29, 2016 8:24 PM
Sep 29, 2016 8:18 PM

May 2014
Onoderas said:
Everything was going great until Kirigi got Deus-Ex Machina'd. Preferred the focus on DR2 cast even though waking up from the coma could have been explained a bit more (or I missed that part due to insufficient Japanese vocabulary), but things such as the remnants taking responsibility, convincing Mitairai, Naegi becoming headmaster worked well. Episode should have been longer imo, the credits onwards felt rushed. 100% feel like Kirigi needed to stay dead, Naegi should have erected a statue in her honour after becoming headmaster (or even of his entire class) to have a better feeling of conclusion rather than that. Still greatly enjoyed the episode, had my qualms but better than I expected a 25 min finale to be. 9/10 because at least Asahina still lives and there aren't TOO many loose ends. Plus it feels like the end of something huge.

Kyouko Kirigiri just got Deus Ex Machina'd?
try to look at the bottle rolling at the lower right of the screen when Aoi went to Kirigiri after they found out that Kirigiri violated her NG Code. And why did the death count didn't count Kirigiri's?
Sep 29, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2016
Best. Ending. EVER! I absolutely loved how the 77th class rescued everyone! And Naegi becoming headmaster was a great way to close out the Hope's Peak Academy saga. Overall, the entire anime was a 10/10 for me. Loved it! :D
Sep 29, 2016 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
Nobody dies.
Mitarai didn't do anything.
Everything = bullshit.
Yet somehow, I'm still satisfied with this ending, maybe it's because how much I wanted the DR2 characters to come back to life (even if the explanation was just "Izuru magic")
Sep 29, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2010
Dr-Lame said:
Nobody dies.
Mitarai didn't do anything.
Everything = bullshit.
Yet somehow, I'm still satisfied with this ending, maybe it's because how much I wanted the DR2 characters to come back to life (even if the explanation was just "Izuru magic")

All but one character introduced in this arc died.

I know that's not what you meant, just wanted to lay that out there.
Sep 29, 2016 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
So I take the shutdown on Danganronpa 2, they'll be able to survive LOL. I take it as Izuru/Hinata casts HOPE that they'll stay alive after the shutdown because they HOPED.

Seriously goddammit, HOPE cannot be underestimated. Good ride for Danganronpa series. Though I want to see Komaeda and Naegi babbling together about HOPE HOPE HOPE.

Now I'll wait for Danganronpa V3.

Sep 29, 2016 8:42 PM

Jun 2014
It just may be my love for the games and the whole series in general, but I LOVED THIS FINALE!

Kirigiri is alive! 77th Class is alive! and Naegi became the headmaster of a new school of HOPE!

9/10!
CeissaDesisteSep 29, 2016 8:45 PM
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 29, 2016 8:45 PM

May 2010
Tennouji said:
So I take the shutdown on Danganronpa 2, they'll be able to survive LOL. I take it as Izuru/Hinata casts HOPE that they'll stay alive after the shutdown because they HOPED.

Seriously goddammit, HOPE cannot be underestimated. Good ride for Danganronpa series. Though I want to see Komaeda and Naegi babbling together about HOPE HOPE HOPE.

Nah. "Izuru" literally has just about everyone's talent. He simply used his talents to resuscitate them. They were comatose when they came out, as evidenced by Byakuya's comment about it in this episode.
Sep 29, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
Thrashinuva said:
Tennouji said:

Nah. "Izuru" literally has just about everyone's talent. He simply used his talents to resuscitate them. They were comatose when they came out, as evidenced by Byakuya's comment about it in this episode.

I see. It seems I missed Byakuya's statement, which part is it again?

Sep 29, 2016 8:58 PM
Aug 2015
Hope fill from a hope episode. But goddamn Kodaka at first i thought Chiaki still alive and i have doubt it was an illusion and i was right but he revive Kyoko so im okay with it. It makes sense for Naegi to recreate the hope's peak academy because everything started because of it. So i guess no more danganronpa sequel. Junko dead, remnants of despair gone and a good ending with showing the headmaster of hope
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» About Kirigiri (spoilers from Hope ep)

Dragon - Sep 29, 2016

30 by Apratim »»
Apr 11, 2022 10:20 AM

» Unrelated, but what the heck is the watch orders for these?

IssyBoy - Feb 20, 2022

9 by BanzaiAlex »»
Feb 20, 2022 11:22 PM

» Why do none of the characters care about Mitarai's hope brainwashing attempt getting people killed?

Chikipichi - May 27, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2020 8:49 PM

» Who are your Favorite Characters? ( 1 2 )

TehSnawn - Sep 30, 2016

53 by Mewra »»
Jan 28, 2020 4:52 PM

» Chronological order of Danganronpa franchise

SuiNoByakko - Jan 7, 2018

4 by miyumi »»
Mar 24, 2018 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.