Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2016
ahhh this special ended exactly how i wanted this series to end.

i freaked out the second i saw Komaeda then to see Peko and Gundham all the others from the Neo World Program alive and well gave me such a stupid smile. i wanted this so much and it actually happened!!! and then dsaklfjhasdlkjfhasdl KYOKO!!!!! i mean we all knew she was gonna live and all that, but damn i'm just so relieved after all those tears from the few eps back.

tho my wish for Chiaki to somehow still be alive died in this episode, i'm overall very pleased with this ep since i always wanted to see the Despairs in action and i wanted them + Kyoko all alive and back to normal and i'm glad this happened.

i give this a full 10/10 because i loved it and everyone deserved this happy ending after all the shit Tengan and Junko put them through #HopeWins

and to those complaining about Kyoko being alive... like seriously? she's probably one of the most popular characters in the series and she's one of the big main chars. it's really not surprising at all that she's brought back to life pretty much and majority of people were expecting she'd come back in the last ep or so of the show. honestly if there's any complaint, it's more that i'd complain that naegi was pretty much useless in this episode more or less lol
p3rf3c7ch405Sep 29, 2016 12:19 PM
Sep 29, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2015
HyperL said:
MightyM16 said:

Tengan chose to what what he did because the FF was corrupt and his faction within it was losing power quickly

Basically, you had Tengan, Gozu and Mitarai on one side

Bandai, Miaya and Kizakura being neutral in general

And Munakata with Yukizome, Sakakura and Seiko, with Izayoi and Ruruka doing their own thing trying to defect

The FF was a complete mess and this was obvious. Tengan's goal was to purge it to the ground so Mitarai's hope could shine but in the end he, like Munakata, were being manipulated by Yukizome, who was a despair, and basically orchestrated the fall

I think what Junko says at the end of episode 12 is more relevant than to what Naegi comes up with, try rewatching that

Junko just resumed what Naegi said and added that Tengan has always gonne with crazy ideas (like the Kamukura project) for the sake of hope...Basically, Tengan was as much of an extremist as the others (Munakata with killing everyone, Mitarai with Hope video)...

No, Junko detailed on Chisa's role in the whole thing

Basically Tengan wasn't an extremist, he saw himself as someone with no way out due to the situation he found himself in

This post from Reddit explains things pretty well I think

"Chisa was the one who pushed Munakata into "MUST ELIMINATE DESPAIR" mindset, which caused him to be at odds with Tengan who acquired a more pacific view throughout the years, this ended up causing the foundation to split in factions ( as per pre anime material) with Munakata's faction being the more powerful one. Chisa then conveniently approached Tengan with EVERYTHING that he needed to set up something to erase the FF as it is and she probably was behind invinting Mitarai to the meeting as well, which is something that screwed Tengan's plan up

Mitarai was used, by both Tengan and Junko, he is just a pawn. Chisa acted like a chessmaster"

https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/552rli/spoilers_how_did_you_feel_about_the_dr3_series/d87ab93
Sep 29, 2016 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
Oh man,I didn't even need subs for this,I just trusted my weeb instincts to understand lmao (tho it wasn't even that hard,all they said was hope hope hope)

Imposter disguised as Munakata im crying

You know what,fuck it,I'm gonna overlook everything shitty that happened,all the bullshit and all the mad moments I had to keep up with this bullshit of series. FUCK IT ALL HOLY SHIT if I didn't love Hinata enough now I have a burning passion for him.
So the highlights are:
"Hinata-kun" (fUCK ME UP JUST FUCK M E UP OH GOD)
Ko with a robo hand
Ko MEETING NAEGI FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HAVING YET AGAIN A HOPEBONER
Ko and Hinata in the same frame,smiling
that's it. 10/10

jk Mitarai is finally happy how he derserves, my poor son I was never mad at you. please live on and be happy
Also,can we appreciate the fact that they fucking animated their sprites?? Before it was only Komaeda but now.. ;; God give me strenght
I'm so proud of you Naegg,you naive nugget. You did well(kind of lmao). Here,take a living Kirigiri,you deserve it. Here,become the headmaster of the new Hope's Peak Academy,you deserve it. I prefered Munakata to be the headmaster tbqh but he has to get over his lost love and by that I mean Juzo of course.

Hope is always the best thing and this sole episode proves it. Fuck the fanservice and bullshit,this was pleasing my heart
steponmebakuraSep 29, 2016 12:33 PM
Sep 29, 2016 12:30 PM

May 2016
I think reviving Kirigiri removes some of the contrast between Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen (and DR1 with DR2 as well), with both Naegi and Hajime losing their most precious ones...Now that contrast is now lost, but I guess it wasn't meant to be a contrast in the first place...On the other hand Fedora man fulfilled his promise after all...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 29, 2016 12:42 PM

Jun 2015
I have to admit that the ending was kind of easy, actually, danganronpa 3 in general was kind of "easy", I was excepting more plot twist and stuff...

But this anime gave me a lot of feels, it's almost too diffucult for me to judge it...I'm so happy for the characters I loved since day one, that they have a happy conclusion (even if I'm really sad for characters like Izayoi, Sakakura, Chisa,...Because if it's a happy ending for most of them, Munakata kind of have a sad ending), so I can't forget (for now at least) the plotholes and stuff, I'm just really happy with the moments we had !

But I'm really excited for V3 (I really hope that the western release won't be 6 freaking months after the japanese release), and I really wonder if it's going to be connected to this timeline...
Sep 29, 2016 12:46 PM

May 2016
MightyM16 said:
HyperL said:

Junko just resumed what Naegi said and added that Tengan has always gonne with crazy ideas (like the Kamukura project) for the sake of hope...Basically, Tengan was as much of an extremist as the others (Munakata with killing everyone, Mitarai with Hope video)...

Basically Tengan wasn't an extremist, he saw himself as someone with no way out due to the situation he found himself in

"Chisa was the one who pushed Munakata into "MUST ELIMINATE DESPAIR" mindset, which caused him to be at odds with Tengan who acquired a more pacific view throughout the years, this ended up causing the foundation to split in factions ( as per pre anime material) with Munakata's faction being the more powerful one. Chisa then conveniently approached Tengan with EVERYTHING that he needed to set up something to erase the FF as it is and she probably was behind invinting Mitarai to the meeting as well, which is something that screwed Tengan's plan up

Mitarai was used, by both Tengan and Junko, he is just a pawn. Chisa acted like a chessmaster"

https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/552rli/spoilers_how_did_you_feel_about_the_dr3_series/d87ab93

He is still a extremist though...Erasing everyone from the FF just because they were corrupt or went againt his pacific methods is still an extremist idea...Even more so because he put even the ones that were on his side on deaths door...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 29, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
This chapter is all about fanservice, and as a fan of Danganronpa, I love it.

Very predictable and an easy conclusion, but I love it.

10/10
Sep 29, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2011
One word to describe it... EPIC!

This is the ending that DR3 deserved. I'm glad Kodaka managed to deliver a good episode, explaining everything, bringing some epic, funny and interesting moments, and hell, giving a happy and conclusive ending for our characters.

And then I read some comments of this topic... LMAO, you guys just can't stop being ridiculous. The moment a little detail is not of your liking, the whole thing is garbage. Anyway, I won't bother discussing this again, it's a waste of time and you will still act childish. Just do me a favor and grow up.

Man, Danganronpa is one of my favorite franchises but its fanbase is one of the worst, most retarded fanbases I've ever seen. Good thing after this episode my interaction with it is over.

Anyway, have a good day, ladies. My soul can rest in peace after this ending... I'm so sorry you can't be happy with anything.
Sep 29, 2016 12:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, that was a crap load of hope! Even though I wanted Kirigiri to stay dead, since Cure W was foreshadowed beforehand and Kirigiri's my second favorite DR character, I can't really complain. I'm happy that not all players survived, only those who had their NG code triggered. Also, Class 77 is awake!!! This conclusion might have been pure fanservice, but as a fanboy, I couldn't be happier. Naegi and Komaeda's short conversation was funny, and it's ever funnier when you consider the fact that they both have the same seiyuu... and that people thought that Komaeda was a messed up older Naegi who took "hope" seriously... until they actually finished SDR2. Naegi is HPA's headmaster, yay! If there's one thing I wanted from this episode, that would be a "Sore wa chigau yo/zo" from bothe Hinata and Naegi at the same time. But that would be really cheesy though (^_^)

Also, Komaeda luck making his take out those soldiers was funny af and his new robotic arm is great :D

9/10
GoldenDevilGamerSep 29, 2016 6:42 PM
Sep 29, 2016 12:58 PM

May 2016
KamuiGavin said:

This is the ending that DR3 deserved. I'm glad Kodaka managed to deliver a good episode, explaining everything, bringing some epic, funny and interesting moments, and hell, giving a happy and conclusive ending for our characters.

And then I read some comments of this topic... LMAO, you guys just can't stop being ridiculous. The moment a little detail is not of your liking, the whole thing is garbage. Anyway, I won't bother discussing this again, it's a waste of time and you will still act childish. Just do me a favor and grow up.

Man, Danganronpa is one of my favorite franchises but its fanbase is one of the worst, most retarded fanbases I've ever seen. Good thing after this episode my interaction with it is over.

Anyway, have a good day, ladies. My soul can rest in peace after this ending... I'm so sorry you can't be happy with anything.

Well, isn't this provoking? You're just asking to be attacked m8...

But really, nah, the DR fanbase will never be bad, because of all the memes, jokes and shitposting they came up with...Just search for them on youtube and die laughing...Really, don't let the people on MAL represent the whole fanbase for you...
HyperLSep 29, 2016 1:04 PM
Sep 29, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2015
1)The episode was bullshit.
2)I've never expected Kirigiri to be alive.

One of the statements above is true. Can you guess which?
Hint: it's not the second.

You just lost the game
Sep 29, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
Ohhhhhhhhhh god what an ending for this, so many tears of joy were shed since the beginning of the episode till the end, I mean, seeing the class 77 coming back as they were in the past was beautiful and that surprise Kirigiri at the end was the cherry at the top of the cake, it was a very satisfying ending for the series, now lets patiently wait for V3 to launch next year.
Sep 29, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
KamuiGavin said:

The fanbase is weird on MAL to be honest, I think the problem lies with the people in Myanimelist. The fanbase was perfectly fine before the anime started airing, I would even call it one of the best, but ever since hanging out on MAL and discussing DR3, it's been so annoying conversing with some of them. Reddit on the other hand has great people for the fanbase, tumblr too.
Sep 29, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2016
Hey, At least it was better than DR1 adaptation right? Maybe it was on par with Danganronpa Another Episode Despair Girls? Nah, Despair Girls is a bit better cuz it had better pacing and execution and the character arcs were done a little better (It's a game so it had the space and time for that)...
HyperLSep 29, 2016 2:16 PM
Sep 29, 2016 1:22 PM
Jan 2012
What happened to the fact that they had taken a part of Junko as their own? Like Nagito's hand?
Sep 29, 2016 1:25 PM

Aug 2011
ImaginBreaker said:
What happened to the fact that they had taken a part of Junko as their own? Like Nagito's hand?

Pro master surgeon Izuru fixed everyone up, duh.
Sep 29, 2016 1:25 PM

Jul 2007
equanternal272 said:
I only have one question: who created AI Chiaki?

Going by the explanation giving in the ep: the Neo World Program was designed in such way that it would take memories from all the participants in order to design/program the best host/guide for them. That's it, it would be an personalized-AI whose characteristics would adapt to the set of users using the program in a given moment.

However, in 77 class case given their connection and how all of them saw Chiaki as their leader/guide/hope/nameyouit, the AI created by Neo World Program took her as the best possible guide for them.

Summary: No one DIRECTLY created her, she is a product of how Neo World Program works + 77 memories.
Sep 29, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2016
ImaginBreaker said:

I guess that was just some of them...Kuzuryu was one of them for sure...
Sep 29, 2016 1:46 PM
Sep 2011
Sagarasousukee said:
Kirigiri is saved by mikan's medecine, I called it !!!
anyway great ending, irs a shame that its all over

Nah, she's alive thanks to Seikou's medicine. It stops the poison from NG code and puts you in lethargy.
Mikan only revived her.

I don't know how I should note this episode, the fanservice moments made me orgasm a few times, so it deserves a 9/10 in my heart.
Still, the happy ending, everyone being alive is bullshit.
But I am so glad to see class 77 again. I'm gonna miss Danganronpa. For once Naegi doesn't just save the day with his <hope lol>.
AnozaSep 29, 2016 1:57 PM
Sep 29, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2014
Well, at least the gave us best boy Juzo, amirite?
"Hi!"
Sep 29, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2010
All deductions of her being alive was correct as I could see, but it doesn't be shown as we predicted which made this the weakest part of this episode.
My SDR2 babes are still alive as well as kiriwaifu so I can't say bad things.

It still could've been done better. 8/10
Sep 29, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2014
The Fujoshies are in rage, in berserker mode, haha.
Sep 29, 2016 2:01 PM

Feb 2012
I guess many people don't like happy endings~ But in my case, I'm super satisfied and happy with that conclusion (even though I really miss Nanami).
Also.. Kirigiri-san staying alive is not that unbelievable... I mean, sometimes people don't die in a dangerous and life threatening situation. Kodaka already killed many awesome characters and let them stay dead, why not leave someone escape death for once?
Sep 29, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
HyperL said:
Hey, At least it was better than DR1 adaptation right? Maybe it was on par with Danganronpa Another Episode Despair Girls? Nah, Despair Girls is a bit better cuz it had better pacing and executiona and the character arc were done better (It's a game so it has the space and time for that)...

It's moreso for me DR3 would be in the middle. It's better than at least Ultra Despair Girls due to what some of the things have delivered (example character development was only focused around Toko and Komaru), but it does suffer from pacing at the end of the series imo. Not to mention that compared to the best of the series or franchise (DR2), the characters in DR3 are very lacking, although not overall bad as I think they have given some decent characterization (at least Munakata, Juzo, Chisa, Ruruka, Naegi, Mitarai, Seiko.) Just my opinion here.
Sep 29, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
HyperL said:
Yep...So no plot twist after all...Everything went like some people had guessed...The mastermind really ended up being Tengan and his reason really was that bullshit that came out of Naegi's mouth, was the killing really necessary then?...And I knew Kyoko would return because of magic bottle, I don't know how I feel about that though...

The comments of the fanbase explained the whole situation way better than the anime itself.

There are still lots of questions unanswered, but i'll overlook them for now, since I kinda liked the end. Just need the subs to fully understand it.

I only hope that those possible loopholes are actually clues for the DR main storyline and that could be explained in the future, like some details from the games/novels/manga.
Sep 29, 2016 2:13 PM

May 2016
Dreams_of_Neko said:
HyperL said:
Yep...So no plot twist after all...Everything went like some people had guessed...The mastermind really ended up being Tengan and his reason really was that bullshit that came out of Naegi's mouth, was the killing really necessary then?...And I knew Kyoko would return because of magic bottle, I don't know how I feel about that though...

The comments of the fanbase explained the whole situation way better than the anime itself.

There are still lots of questions unanswered, but i'll overlook them for now, since I kinda liked the end. Just need the subs to fully understand it.

I only hope that those possible loopholes are actually clues for the DR main storyline and that could be explained in the future, like some details from the games/novels/manga.

Well, isn't this the last time they are touching on the Hope vs Despair plot? That's what I heard...
Sep 29, 2016 2:26 PM

Nov 2013
I think that Kodaka was trusting the theorists to figure out that Kirigiri wasn't dead. He left enough clues in my opinion. Sure, it could have been explained better afterwards, but it's fine as it is. Kirigiri surviving made sure that Kizakura and Seiko's deaths weren't wasted.

I liked how the final villain and conflict of Danganronpa's Hope's peak arc was about differend kinds of hope. In that was Mitarai and Tengan were better antagonists than Junko in DR2 (Who was kinda just more of the same)

Lastly I loved the fact that the focus was on the DR2 kids. They showed how the events of the DR2 did help them. They were much more mature than their last normal moments in Zetsubou hen.

While Danganronpa 3 sure isn't perfect, I'm happy. We got closure for most of the characters, some nice new characters (Even if I would have liked to see some more of some of them, like Kizakura), some backstory and some good fanservice (Which isn't always bad)

I'd rate the Zetsubou arc a 8.6, Kibou a 8.8 and Hope a 9.5
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Sep 29, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2015
HyperL said:
Well, isn't this the last time they are touching on the Hope vs Despair plot? That's what I heard...

Hmm...not exactly thinking about that. They might be touching this events but from another angle (plot).

If one connects all the details from the whole world of DR, it shows a story that doesn't necessarily center in Hope/Despair. Ah, it could be said that this was a long arc that ended with this series.

Maybe i'm reading too much into it. Still need to rewatch the 3 games to confirm some suspicions and also find the translations from the rest of the DR Kirigiri novels.

On a side note. I just noticed that Tanaka was actually able to shout his whole name. Twice. GUNDAAAAAAAAMMM!
Sep 29, 2016 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Sirofcoffee said:
I think that Kodaka was trusting the theorists to figure out that Kirigiri wasn't dead. He left enough clues in my opinion. Sure, it could have been explained better afterwards, but it's fine as it is. Kirigiri surviving made sure that Kizakura and Seiko's deaths weren't wasted.

I liked how the final villain and conflict of Danganronpa's Hope's peak arc was about differend kinds of hope. In that was Mitarai and Tengan were better antagonists than Junko in DR2 (Who was kinda just more of the same)

Lastly I loved the fact that the focus was on the DR2 kids. They showed how the events of the DR2 did help them. They were much more mature than their last normal moments in Zetsubou hen.

While Danganronpa 3 sure isn't perfect, I'm happy. We got closure for most of the characters, some nice new characters (Even if I would have liked to see some more of some of them, like Kizakura), some backstory and some good fanservice (Which isn't always bad)

Actually you took my words right out of my own mouth xD at least for what Kodaka was doing and the things I liked about it.

I'd give the three the same rating but while I do think for me Hope was the weakest, it was still solid for a stance of closure itself. I'm happy and satisfied with it.
Sep 29, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2011
[Raw-watcher, might be wrong]

Not saying it's bad, but the asspull is strong.

1. Kirigiri alive because apparently Mikan found a medicine made by the Ultimate Pharmacist that only enough to heal 1 person who's "dead" by NG Code.
2. Class 77 "revived" without any explanation.

God.
ChendrosheeSep 29, 2016 2:37 PM
Sep 29, 2016 2:38 PM

Mar 2015
HyperL said:
MightyM16 said:

He is still a extremist though...Erasing everyone from the FF just because they were corrupt or went againt his pacific methods is still an extremist idea...Even more so because he put even the ones that were on his side on deaths door...

Well I guess you could say that in a way, not like it changes anything that I said though
Sep 29, 2016 2:39 PM

Mar 2015
Chendroshee said:

1. Kirigiri alive because apparently Mikan found a medicine made by the Ultimate Pharmacist that only enough to heal 1 person who's "dead" by NG Code.

God.

1. The medicine Kirigiri took was shown in episode 9, no asspull
2. They all had the chance to come back as shown in the end of SDR2
Sep 29, 2016 2:41 PM
Jun 2014
Does anyone know why since episode 7 it became the norm to delay episodes every week?
Sep 29, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:

Actually you took my words right out of my own mouth xD at least for what Kodaka was doing and the things I liked about it.

I'd give the three the same rating but while I do think for me Hope was the weakest, it was still solid for a stance of closure itself. I'm happy and satisfied with it.

While on it's own, Kibou arc wouldn't score as high; I think it's a good finish. It does exactly what it says, it gives hope. It made sure to leave everyone who enjoyed the series so far with heartwarmth. In the end, that's what the Hope's peak part of Danganronpa is all about. Gaining hope and light after heavy hardships. The ending wouldn't be complete without the despair in both Zetsubou and Mirai.

@Dashingfella
It appears the japanese producers were late with sending the episodes to the american side. So they can't make the subs in time for the japanese release.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Sep 29, 2016 2:56 PM
Jun 2014
Thanks coffee, that makes sense.
Sep 29, 2016 3:34 PM
Aug 2014
This is a good ending to end the Hope's Peak Academy story.

Can't wait for V3!
Sep 29, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
This shit whack I knew it, why would anyone want a happy ending in Danganronpa.

First anime was much better, no matter how rushed it was or what people say, at least they stayed dead in there.
Sep 29, 2016 3:41 PM

Feb 2010
Chendroshee said:

God.

Kiririgi was the one who took the medicine.
Sep 29, 2016 3:45 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well reviving Kirigiri wasn't exactly surprising and while I guess it wasn't straight-up forced, it still felt pretty far-fetched and unnecessary if you ask me. They really should have just let her stay dead, like really now

That aside I guess this was a pretty fitting ending and a nice way to tie Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen together. Felt like the 77th class kinda came in and saved the day a bit too spontaneously though but I guess plot-wise it makes sense

Guess it's time to put these guys behind us and move on to V3 instead
Sep 29, 2016 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
That ending was atrocious lol. The fanservice was great, I was so excited at the start. But damn, they missed opportunities that could have made this actually good. The resolution was so anticlimactic that it just drained all the hope from my mind.
Hinata and Naegi should have "sore wa chigau yo"-ed Mitarai, made him snap out of his hopedespair while a "danganronpa" remix plays, then had the class come in and offer him his salvation. That alone would have made this a lot less tragic.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Sep 29, 2016 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
Sirofcoffee said:

Tengan have one of the worst motivations that I ever seen and Mitarai is the worst antagonist in this series. Sorry.
Sep 29, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
I might actually have to tell people to fucking skip Danganronpa 2 in the future or some shit.

Like seriously, way to invalidate almost an entire game. This is the exact kind of easy "all is well" ending that I feared the most. Sacrifices my ass, the only thing scarified were the DR1 cast, Juzo and the rest of the worthless Future Foundation.

This show was a roller coaster of emotions but that's it, the writers (since I'm not sure if Kadoka wrote it or not) were clearly just trying to jank you around on a week by week basis rather than actually make a coherent plot with meaningful characters, interactions or themes.
Sep 29, 2016 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
Even though I'm glad this got a happy ending and I did have a smile on my face the entire episode, it still felt like they were having asspulls all over.

Who created the Chiaki AI?
Why is the entire cast from DR2 suddenly good guys?
Why is Imposter-kun posing as Byakuya in one scene and suddenly he's Mitari again in the next one?
Especially the second question is bothering me.

This entire last episode feels like an incredibly rushed conclusion to an overall very stong series (and by series, I mean DR 1, 2 and 3). They definitely could have handled this epilogue way better. i still really liked it, but man, I just can't get over the feeling that DR3 could have been a masterpiece but they just didn't manage it.

I have to admit that DR2 was an amazing game and it definitely made our expectations too high, but it just... doesn't feel like a proper conclusion at all. This makes me very sad.

7.5/10 for Mirai, 8/10 for Zetsubou and 6.5/10 for Kibou. I hope V3 makes up for the fact that DR3 was, overall, a slight disappointment.
Sep 29, 2016 3:59 PM

Nov 2008
Alright, this wasn't as bad as it could have been. I mean, it was still badly written deus ex machina bullshit that tanks any dramatic tension left behind by not only this very show but also SDR2 and brings back Kirigiri Because Fanservice, but... I kinda liked this episode. It was... fun? I... enjoyed it?

I mean, it's an awful conclusion to Danganronpa 3 itself because it renders all the preceding episodes completely pointless and everyone who died died for nothing and never amounted to a single thing, but... as a little "everything ended up okay" epilogue to DR1 and SDR2 it was pretty neat.

6/10 for Hope, 4/10 for DR3 as a whole.
Sep 29, 2016 4:00 PM

Oct 2012
It was worth it because I was able to see my babies again, but...
Uh...
Well.
Well, you all know.
ALSO COULDN'T THEY JUST PUT MORE SONIA X GUNDHAM SCENES? JESUS. SODA WAS IN ALL OF THEM AND HE WAS NEXT TO SONIA IN EVERY SHOT
Sep 29, 2016 4:04 PM

Sep 2014
Loved it. Both getting to see the 77th class non-despaired and seeing Kirigiri alive.
Sep 29, 2016 4:05 PM

Dec 2013
Really enjoyed seeing Class 77 make a return. Based Hajime has become pretty much a god.

Sad to see the story coming to an end. Wasn't the absolute most satisfying ending ever but it was still decent enough.

Naegi was the only one who got to keep his waifu. Poor Hajime/Munakata.
Sep 29, 2016 4:07 PM

Mar 2008
KamuiGavin said:

Are you serious? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but you're the one being childish and stupid here. I hated DR3 because it just destroyed everything I loved about the games and their strong messages. They just gave us the forced happy ending with a lot of coward choices and ignored all the great concepts of the games, so OF COURSE a lot of us are angry and extremely disappointed. I will agree with you in the "worst fanbase" point, though, seeing how stupid you are acting.
OverkilledRedSep 29, 2016 4:12 PM

Sep 29, 2016 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHhahahahahaahahahaha

I have...no words...

I just..... hahahahaaha

I have so many problems with this that I don't even feel like listing them. Heck, I don't even feel like posting this but might as well post something since it's over.

I'll just say this: I called it. From the very first moment I learned DR3 was a thing, I knew Kodaka would do it.

Also, how nice. Everyone that isn't from DR2 is useless. All that (mostly crappy) buildup from Future? Well, that was for nothing, sorry. Future doesn't even end properly and DR2 cast hijacks the ending with basically no input whatsoever from anyone else. Makoto only convinced Munakata who is a way better person than Mitarai. Nice job Kodaka! You sure know how to write!

I guess if you absolutely loved DR2 cast and would prefer them all to live you'll be happy with this ending. To each their own. I set myself up for dissapointment since I really hoped the Hope episode would salvage something. Instead, it only made things worse for me.

I'm starting to fear for DRV3 now...
Sep 29, 2016 4:10 PM

Apr 2015
I think Kirigiri should have stayed dead, to have that bittersweet feeling.

Would have liked more backstory for Gozu, Bandai, and the others
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» About Kirigiri (spoilers from Hope ep)

Dragon - Sep 29, 2016

30 by Apratim »»
Apr 11, 2022 10:20 AM

» Unrelated, but what the heck is the watch orders for these?

IssyBoy - Feb 20, 2022

9 by BanzaiAlex »»
Feb 20, 2022 11:22 PM

» Why do none of the characters care about Mitarai's hope brainwashing attempt getting people killed?

Chikipichi - May 27, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2020 8:49 PM

» Who are your Favorite Characters? ( 1 2 )

TehSnawn - Sep 30, 2016

53 by Mewra »»
Jan 28, 2020 4:52 PM

» Chronological order of Danganronpa franchise

SuiNoByakko - Jan 7, 2018

4 by miyumi »»
Mar 24, 2018 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.