Forum Settings
Forums

Do you watch too much anime and then skip school the next day?

New
Sep 20, 2016 4:58 PM

Jun 2015
I did this a lot last year, I ended up watching a really good show and I couldn't stop after 1/2/3/4/5 episodes and then you look at the clock and it's like 6 hours later and you've watched 15+ episodes. and be like wow... it's 2 am dafuq how did this happen?

Did this ever happen to you? If yes, Are you happy with it/Do you think that it's an addiction?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2016 4:59 PM

Feb 2013
ha ha school... and just 2 am... neet4lyfe

wish i still had the power to watch 15+ episodes

Sep 20, 2016 5:02 PM
Jan 2013
I've already read too much manga and went to school to sleep in class
lots
and lots of times
gone bai bai
Sep 20, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2015
Mkim said:
lots
and lots of times

but the problem is, I don't want to go to my school. I'm too lazy cycle the next day
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 20, 2016 5:05 PM

Jan 2016
Never skipped school, but always had no sleep and would be very sleepy, lazy, unwilling to do anything. Cannot say I regret watching those fantastic Anime throughout the night, but surely could have spent lots of that time sleeping or doing homework.
Sep 20, 2016 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not one to question your lifestyle. Why put anime before your education? It's not going to run away from you. Are you really that desperate just to complete a series.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 20, 2016 5:09 PM
Nov 2014
No, I never skipped school, especially not for anime. I did however ditch classes just to meet up with my friend who moved to a neighboring country.
Sep 20, 2016 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
I haven't been to school for 8 years and it's all because of anime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 20, 2016 5:10 PM
Jan 2013
Ma3seb said:
Mkim said:
lots
and lots of times

but the problem is, I don't want to go to my school. I'm too lazy cycle the next day
okay den. Then at za stay home bbyboy.
gone bai bai
Sep 20, 2016 5:11 PM

Jan 2016
FireEmblemIke24 said:
I'm not one to question your lifestyle. Why put anime before your education? It's not going to run away from you. Are you really that desperate just to complete a series.

It is not much out of desperation more out of unawareness. I do not know if I can speak for others but I would be watching, only to realize how late it is. I think most see anime as a sort-of pastime, and do value their education more, but many do not value attendance, so maybe they do not grasp the importance of what their education can help them achieve.
Sep 20, 2016 5:13 PM

Mar 2016
I didn't do that when i was in school.I'm usually watched anime on weekend until now

Sep 20, 2016 5:15 PM

Sep 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:

because anime provides pleasure and higher education for the majority of people is useless.
Sep 20, 2016 5:15 PM

Sep 2016
I haven't read anything but I'm doing a one nighter at this very moment. Buy some coffee at the market and do your homework. Going to give an exam in 9 hours and will cram everything I can in these hours. Octobers are hard because I get a job to pay uni taxes and the last time I slept 5 hours for the whole month, in no small part because of my room mates snoring, but leading a team and trying to study in the free time without sleeping kind of kills me (then again some of my buds do a whole week awake as shift).
Sep 20, 2016 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, skipping school in the U.S. is not a great idea...
Sep 20, 2016 5:19 PM
May 2015
How is it even possible for you watch 15+ episodes in one sitting? I only watch like 2-3 episodes in one sitting then I take a break then I watch the rest later. Also, you skip school just because of anime? Wow.....just wow. I have no words. I've never skipped school just for anime.

Kind of unrelated note but I do remember me and my friends skipping school in my Grade 10 year when a new video game comes out. I also remember most of my classes were empty when GTA V came out 3 years ago.

Sep 20, 2016 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
Not skip but late to school last year because my class starts at afternoon and I'm watching from the time I wake up until an hour before my class starts.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Sep 20, 2016 5:23 PM

Nov 2013
2am....lol

I mean if you really came across a hidden gem, then depending how well you are doing in school and how much work you have/might have as a result of skipping, skipping a day or two is not actually that bad.

But 2am is a little too tame.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Sep 20, 2016 5:26 PM

Jun 2015
Sora_no_Umi said:
2am....lol

I mean if you really came across a hidden gem, then depending how well you are doing in school and how much work you have/might have as a result of skipping, skipping a day or two is not actually that bad.

But 2am is a little too tame.

I'm not doing bad, but not really good. Average is the way I like to describe the. And yeah skipping a day is not that bad
Sep 20, 2016 5:28 PM

Jan 2014
I don't wanna fuck over my life for shitty anime.
Sep 20, 2016 5:33 PM

Feb 2014
I used to skip school alot in high school but not because of staying up late watching anime haha. In college now, if I ever end up staying up really late watching something I either pull an all-nighter or sleep for a few hours and then go to class
Sep 20, 2016 5:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
in the past i probably did that once or twice, but that wouldve been many years ago xD

as of now, sometimes i do go to work on less sleep due to trying to finish anime
Sep 20, 2016 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
I wish I could, my mom had no sympathy, I have gone to school without any sleep many times lolol.
And I can only skip class 3 times or I fail that class in college, so I still have to go without any sleep lmao.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2016 5:53 PM

Sep 2016
@op going to study but if you need anything to cut your work maybe try your luck by asking here, will check things in 3-5 hours to see if I can help with anything, I'm cutting the first quarter of my book out myself 'cause it's boring shite. But you are probably going to sleep lol.
Sep 20, 2016 5:54 PM

May 2015
I was too busy with college to watch anime. Now I'm working. Fortunately I don't have that overwatching problem because I also watch anime at work. :P
Sep 20, 2016 5:55 PM

Feb 2016
Replace anime with video games and yeah I have skipped school when I was younger because of it.
Sep 20, 2016 6:18 PM

Jun 2015
I'm up til 2 am anyways, if I watch anime or not. AP classes aren't very lenient.

but no. i've skipped school before because I was lazy, but never because i slammed watching anime the previous night
Sep 20, 2016 7:02 PM
Oct 2013
I can't believe it didn't happen to most of the people in the comments!!
This happened to me twice last 7 days alone! and I don't think 2 am is too far. I remember it was 6 am when I slept. I mean we probably are both addicted, but it has been for working for me so far as long as I keep each sitting to a max 30 eps :)
Good luck

PS: I never posted in the forum, but this just relates too much and I couldn't believe no one else has that problem.
Sep 20, 2016 7:07 PM

Jul 2016
Anime + being homeschool = best life.

I can stay up until 6AM, eat something, go to sleep, wake up around 12PM or 3PM and do my homework in like 2 hours. Then watch more anime or play video games. . . .

I just realized how pathetic my life is.
Sep 20, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
I get guilty conscience, so even if I have to leave soon, I sleep until the time to wake up.
Sep 20, 2016 7:14 PM

Feb 2015
Lol... Never have and never will... Though, never studied the unit and watch anime... I've that multiple... No hundred times...

KuuhakuDesu said:
Ma3seb said:

Did this ever happen to you? If yes, Are you happy with it/Do you think that it's an addiction?

Hum... let's change "watching anime" to "jacking off".
Yep... I'm definitely not happy with it.

And yes, you're on drugs

Lol... Fapping seems more better than skipping if you ask me... Fapping is natural to everyone. But Skipping classes applies that they even don't wanna do something...

I mean I go to school, listen to the teacher and do the shit practice questions there... But if there's a HW, I don't do it because I'm watching anime...

NotRadiant said:
Anime + being homeschool = best life.

Ohhhh... A typical foreplay...

TheEntropy said:
Replace anime with video games and yeah I have skipped school when I was younger because of it.

Lol... And then the game company was bankrupt for some reason...
_Ako_Sep 20, 2016 7:18 PM
Sep 20, 2016 7:18 PM
Apr 2016
Hell no. My mom will kick my ass if I ever did that

Sep 20, 2016 7:36 PM

Mar 2016
Uh, no.
I binge anime after school ends every day (only have time for around 9 eps) and watch 20+ episodes daily over the summer.
I've never watched anime early in the morning (2 AM).
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Sep 20, 2016 7:39 PM

Oct 2014
Lol no. i cant skip school for this reason.
Sep 20, 2016 7:56 PM

Feb 2016
Ma3seb said:
Do you think that it's an addiction?

If something is having a negative impact on your life, I think it's fair to call it an addiction, especially when you use phrases like "I couldn't stop" and "how did this happen?". You need to try to balance things out: it's perfectly fine to binge watch and to get absorbed into something, but you really oughtn't to let it affect your daily life, and most certainly shouldn't be skipping school because of this. If you have another late night like this again, face up to the responsibility and go to school; maybe then you'll come to think twice next time.
Sep 20, 2016 11:34 PM

Jun 2015
Fasolt said:
Ma3seb said:
Do you think that it's an addiction?

If something is having a negative impact on your life, I think it's fair to call it an addiction, especially when you use phrases like "I couldn't stop" and "how did this happen?". You need to try to balance things out: it's perfectly fine to binge watch and to get absorbed into something, but you really oughtn't to let it affect your daily life, and most certainly shouldn't be skipping school because of this. If you have another late night like this again, face up to the responsibility and go to school; maybe then you'll come to think twice next time.

ugh my stupid parents woke me up, I have to go to school now ~3~~ Im so tiredddd
Sep 20, 2016 11:59 PM

May 2015
what kind of degenerate skips school now? is that even cool anymore?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Sep 21, 2016 12:01 AM

Feb 2016
Ma3seb said:
Fasolt said:

ugh my stupid parents woke me up, I have to go to school now ~3~~ Im so tiredddd

In all seriousness, you really ought to be careful about this; do try not to let it impact your daily life, and especially not your education. There are apps and program designed to limit your time doing certain things: maybe you should give one a go. Start out small, by considering how many episodes you watch a day, and reduce that number by one. Keep reducing, very gradually, until you reach a point where you can still enjoy your pastime and live your life too. As someone who played games obsessively and compulsively for about two years of high school, I can tell you that an addiction like that is never going to do you any good.
Sep 21, 2016 12:14 AM

Apr 2010
Never happened in my entire life. As much as it's annoying I know when to stop. Two days ago I went to sleep despite having just another ten episodes.

Sep 21, 2016 12:22 AM

Aug 2015
> 2 am
LOL.

I've even stayed up till 4 am watching anime and then woke up at 8.20 to go to college :P

I rarely skip schools / colleges unless I feel really lazy :3
(Edit : Typo)
Z-DanteSep 21, 2016 2:08 AM
Sep 21, 2016 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
Used to a whole bunch, and I mean a ton. Mainly cause my life sucked but sometimes anime/games/shows too. Now in uni and I actually love going to my classes.

Truancy can get you and your parents in some serious legal trouble where I live so stay in school, its not worth it.
Sep 21, 2016 12:32 AM

Apr 2010
I suppose I was very lucky my anime craze didn't start until shortly before I graduated high school. At first I watched as much anime as I wanted to but eventually I started to regulate how much I watched. I watch about 5 sometimes 6 episodes of anime through out the day. I regulate it to that much for two reasons. First I know watching too much could very well have me neglect other things in my life and second I have learned the hard way that watching anime series at a very fast pace will eventually cause you to start running out of the type of anime you like to watch. To this day I become nearly solely dependent on watching anime that have just aired.
Sep 21, 2016 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
I've got cent percent attendance in school, never missed a day even after watching anime till late night.

I've skipped a few days in college but it was never because of anime.
Sep 21, 2016 1:38 AM
Jun 2009
It's 5:37 am here and I spent my night watching anime, it was good but I feel so stupid xD Will go to the college without any sleep.
Sep 21, 2016 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
I never did that growing up, and now that I have a job, the thought of doing that scares me nearly to death.
I might love this medium, but I have SOME level of self control.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 21, 2016 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
Nope, never skipped school for anime. And anyway my schools would send SMS to parents if their kids didn't turn up for school, so it's not like I can get away with it.
Sep 21, 2016 5:45 AM

Jun 2013
Sounds like you're in a desperate state
Sep 21, 2016 5:55 AM
Sep 2016
jc9622 said:
How is it even possible for you watch 15+ episodes in one sitting? I only watch like 2-3 episodes in one sitting then I take a break then I watch the rest later. Also, you skip school just because of anime? Wow.....just wow. I have no words. I've never skipped school just for anime.

Kind of unrelated note but I do remember me and my friends skipping school in my Grade 10 year when a new video game comes out. I also remember most of my classes were empty when GTA V came out 3 years ago.

I can watch an abundance more than 15 in a single sitting.
Sep 21, 2016 5:58 AM

Aug 2014
No as I never get addicted to an anime to the point I forget the time.
Sep 21, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
I still stay up until midnight or later and go to work the next day. Usually i start at 5:30 a.m
Sep 21, 2016 6:23 AM

Apr 2013
38 explained absences for this year (which was really just three terms because it's year 11), and none of them were for or because of anime.

I just happened to occupy myself on most of those days by watching anime, reading web/light novels or, perhaps a little more productively (though far more rarely), learning some Japanese grammar.

Considering I'm about to enter my final year in two weeks, I've decided to adopt a routine durng these holidays that will allow me to be more productive and feel more motivated to go to school and actually do stuff.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Any romance anime where you liked MC more than main girl? (Shojo/Josei excluded)

Sanjay63773 - Yesterday

14 by armob »»
1 minute ago

» Any idea for my 2000th anime?

BenjaminJunior - Yesterday

12 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - Yesterday

70 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
47 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 3 )

rohan121 - May 9

115 by traed »»
57 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

37 by triggersad »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.