Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 11:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Since it will probably get lost as last post, here again (i still think, that's amazing and shows how much effort went into this anime)

''According to Tappei's twitter(the author), the staff put a lot of effort into the ringtone. They argued a lot about the choice of ringtone before deciding which one to use.
They even went to search for a handphone model similar to Subaru's, composed the ringtone melody on it, then brought the phone to the studio and recorded the ringtone by placing it at the mic, then finally put it in the episode.''
Aug 7, 2016 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Damn what an episode, now comes the torture of waiting another week for the next episode!
Aug 7, 2016 11:37 AM
Jul 2016
Next episode we will see Deaths I bet xD..

Once again " Pride " was Mentioned to Subaru...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 11:38 AM

Aug 2010
So guys Touma's cellphone vs Subaru's cellphone.

Put ur bets???
Aug 7, 2016 11:38 AM

Sep 2015
bobzanny said:
Liked the way Subaru handled the negotiations this week, also glad to learn more about Wilhelm. Astrea family too sad.

Crusch-sama looking gorgeous this week, armor plus ponytail? Thank you WF.

Guess we are heading towards the climax of Arc 3.

One of the 2 climaxes for sure there is still more epicness to come :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 7, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2010
Smudy said:
Since it will probably get lost as last post, here again (i still think, that's amazing and shows how much effort went into this anime)

''According to Tappei's twitter(the author), the staff put a lot of effort into the ringtone. They argued a lot about the choice of ringtone before deciding which one to use.
They even went to search for a handphone model similar to Subaru's, composed the ringtone melody on it, then brought the phone to the studio and recorded the ringtone by placing it at the mic, then finally put it in the episode.''

Lol, that's interesting XD

Jul 2014
Nice to see things finally go well for Subaru for once, but where did he ever learn about those "magical stones" that he was using in the negotiations with Crusch? This episode is literally the first time such things have ever been mentioned (as far as I remember), so it does seem a tad convenient. That aside, this was a pretty good way to set up the fight with the White Whale, and my gut feeling is that Wilhelm is going to die during the battle, especially after some of what he said this week. Also, I'm sure there's probably not much meaning behind it, but it was interesting that the ground dragon Subaru chose to borrow was mentioned as being notable for its pride, considering all the other stuff relating Subaru to Pride before now.

Sep 2015
OrangeJP said:
Subaru is finally becoming tolerable again

Classic Japanese trying to hunt them whales lol

O SNAP! Haha I see what you did there
Aug 7, 2016 11:43 AM

Dec 2008

Shit got serious!! Can't wait next EP for the big battle...
Aug 7, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
Phlippy said:
I thought people who were killed by the whale, would be forgotten. Why do they know about the deaths of e.g. Wilhelms wife?

I guess that the Whale decides if he wants to kill someone or eat them whole.
Or maybe something changed with the Whale and it recently developed that ability, was given that ability by someone, is helped by a Shaman, etc. Also, was it even the Whale that erased people rather than someone or something following it (we never saw the Whale do it)?

Really, there are many possible explanations.

Barion-Zara said:
Finally negotiating Subaru is back!! But isn't he underestimating Hakuge way too much?? And why didn't he mention the "wipe from existence" thing. Sure it'll be suspicious but he should at least mention it.

It's very likely that he thinks that it's common knowledge.

rorimoe said:
Someone please tell me, It could be the result of a rush, but how can Subaru make a deal on the name of Roswald and Emilia? Even talk about mining magical stones like he owned these and the lies detector did not work? He is just guest and how can he make a deal that big, and how Anastashi entered Crusch masion so easy, even overheard the conversation?.

In times of crisis, such deals are acceptable. After all, if there is no doubt in the fact that Subaru saved his liege by doing so, than the liege can't complain. Of course, the liege can reject to follow the agreement, but if you reject to help those that saved you than you prove that you are dishonorable.

The deal would only fall into water if it ends up that Subaru was wrong and this was unnecessary to save everyone. But Subaru already knows that's not the case and Crusch can detect no lies in Subaru's claim that this is a crisis.
Aug 7, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
I have a strong feeling Wilhelm is going to die.

After so many episodes of death and suffering, it's nice to get an episode where there wasn't any of that. Unfortunately, this was a "calm before the storm" type of episode, so next episode we're probably going right back to the suffering. I'm looking forward to seeing this battle against the White Whale. And my goodness, that ringtone at the end coupled with the Whale's appearance was really creepy.

@Smudy Thanks for that interesting tidbit of information. That's really interesting and I'm amazed they went to such lengths for a simple ringtone.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 7, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2015
Using the ringtone as the BGM for the last scene was genius. It fits so well.

I'm liking more and more the effort they've put into world-building, as well as the side characters.

This is the first time I gotta wait one week for another episode tho (I started the show late)... ughh
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Aug 7, 2016 11:45 AM
Jun 2016
Anyone else reading the manga congruently? I watch the episode, but then read the manga issues *when they are available* as there are minor key points brushed off, like we find out more about the mysterious guy in the armor in the manga and such that hasn't been brought up in the anime, I prefer the action in the anime, but small tidbits and differences in the manga.

ALso was anyone else scared maybe gluttony wouldn't show up? :> Like being it's supernatural it might remember too, curious how that will go, if Subaru ever faces someone/something that can remember where it's not just a matter of perfecting each cycle, but also anticipating changes.

And 6 episodes left, and I already can't wait till season 2 hehe.

Aug 2014
mohamedgx said:
honestly, this is the best anime of this year FACT not my opinion no one can disapprove this, this show has been amazing
actually the best anime of this year is gintama lmao I'll put this as #2

Sep 2015
Smudy said:
From Reddit:

They need to make some side cash on their hard work and sell it us already lol. It was a great selection.
Aug 7, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
chiyo-german said:
I have doubt about the witch scent. Why Crusch couldnt smell it?

Only magical beings have been shown to be able to sense it. If Crusch is a human, and she seems to be one, then she shouldn't be able to sense it I think.
Aug 7, 2016 11:46 AM
Jul 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
I have a strong feeling Wilhelm is going to die.

After so many episodes of death and suffering, it's nice to get an episode where there wasn't any of that. Unfortunately, this was a "calm before the storm" type of episode, so next episode we're probably going right back to the suffering. I'm looking forward to seeing this battle against the White Whale. And my goodness, that ringtone at the end coupled with the Whale's appearance was really creepy.

@Smudy Thanks for that interesting tidbit of information. That's really interesting and I'm amazed they went to such lengths for a simple ringtone.

When you have Subaru on your side you dont have to worry about die xD iykwim
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2012
so glad to see subaru out of that funk, all that constant dispair is finally paying off but for how long i wonder. well at the very least he was able to smile again which is good.

it's nice to see him learning from his mistakes, subaru should always have the advantage in negotiations from now on, well maybe not at first but at least after a reset. lol'd at rem's rivalry with a ground dragon, only one can have subaru XD

that ringtone killed the suspense but then the distorted version immediately restored it, then subaru and rem completely annihilated it again but after all he's been through he deserves first blood
Aug 7, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, I'm so glad to see the good old Subaru back and kicking after his obnoxious depression phase.
I like how he's finally negotiating with the knowledge he got during his last life, It was a disaster last time so it's really nice to see him learn from that and use it to his advantage.

Oh look they played the OP, Nice to see that too xD

Rem and her jealously towards the dragon was kinda funny.
Crusch looks lovely in her armor.

For the first time in weeks I felt for Subaru when he cried, That's a good thing :)
The ending sequence was amazing, That ringtone track with the whale did feel out of context but that's what made it awesome :D

Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 2016
Damn talk about an epic ending, great directorial work with the ringtone to build suspend! Then Rem & Subaru's charge was so foolish yet awesome. Definitely aboard the Rem x Subaru ship.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#Talklessdomore

Dec 2008
Imjustthatdude said:
best anime ... is gintama

Fail comments are fail no matter how you look at it.
May 2016
playing dog of flanders ringtone in a dark anime.. heh, touche.

althought that might be refering to subaru's ground dragon name in the future as well i guess.

5/5 as usual, that last scene where subaru charge and got the first hit on the whale got me pumped.
Jul 2016
Nayrael said:
chiyo-german said:

Only magical beings have been shown to be able to sense it. If Crusch is a human, and she seems to be one, then she shouldn't be able to sense it I think.

BTW does Emilia or Puck smell ? Bcause the rest of the Mansion can sense...
Aug 7, 2016 11:49 AM

Jun 2016
subaru is finally not being a bitch for 5 minutes. but i still hate him
Scream!
Aug 7, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2015
Nayrael said:
Phlippy said:
I thought people who were killed by the whale, would be forgotten. Why do they know about the deaths of e.g. Wilhelms wife?

I guess that the Whale decides if he wants to kill someone or eat them whole.
Or maybe something changed with the Whale and it recently developed that ability, was given that ability by someone, is helped by a Shaman, etc. Also, was it even the Whale that erased people rather than someone or something following it (we never saw the Whale do it)?

Really, there are many possible explanations.

Barion-Zara said:
Finally negotiating Subaru is back!! But isn't he underestimating Hakuge way too much?? And why didn't he mention the "wipe from existence" thing. Sure it'll be suspicious but he should at least mention it.

It's very likely that he thinks that it's common knowledge.

rorimoe said:
Someone please tell me, It could be the result of a rush, but how can Subaru make a deal on the name of Roswald and Emilia? Even talk about mining magical stones like he owned these and the lies detector did not work? He is just guest and how can he make a deal that big, and how Anastashi entered Crusch masion so easy, even overheard the conversation?.

In times of crisis, such deals are acceptable. After all, if there is no doubt in the fact that Subaru saved his liege by doing so, than the liege can't complain. Of course, the liege can reject to follow the agreement, but if you reject to help those that saved you than you prove that you are dishonorable.

The deal would only fall into water if it ends up that Subaru was wrong and this was unnecessary to save everyone. But Subaru already knows that's not the case and Crusch can detect no lies in Subaru's claim that this is a crisis.

The whale wiping existence is common knowledge and it has been since it's existence. Crush even mentioned it in her speech when she said something along the lines of deaths that we cannot even write the names in only grows. The whale has multiple ability's but not going to spoil anything you'll have to see in the episodes to come :)
Aug 7, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
Killer96bee said:
Nayrael said:

Even if she could, Emilia would probably try to be nice and stay silent. She doesn't strike me as a person to raise such an issue.
Puck definitely knows. I'm not buying that he doesn't know. That guy is way too OP to not know.
Aug 7, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2016
danieltortoisee said:
Nice to see things finally go well for Subaru for once, but where did he ever learn about those "magical stones" that he was using in the negotiations with Crusch? This episode is literally the first time such things have ever been mentioned (as far as I remember), so it does seem a tad convenient. That aside, this was a pretty good way to set up the fight with the White Whale, and my gut feeling is that Wilhelm is going to die during the battle, especially after some of what he said this week. Also, I'm sure there's probably not much meaning behind it, but it was interesting that the ground dragon Subaru chose to borrow was mentioned as being notable for its pride, considering all the other stuff relating Subaru to Pride before now.

Actually, in the LN it is mentioned that the mines and magic stones are some of the negotiation Rem and Crusch has every evening to form Emilia-Crusch alliance. It is likely that Rem disclosed it to Subaru to let him having more bargaining chips...
Aug 7, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2015
Killer96bee said:
Nayrael said:

Rest of the mansion cannot smell it. It was said in earlier episodes that the only ones who could smell it were Rem and Beatrice.
Aug 7, 2016 11:52 AM

Apr 2015
<Insert motivational speech here for dramatic effect>
Aug 7, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2015
Nayrael said:
chiyo-german said:

Crushes ability isn't a strong sense of smell so she couldn't smell it. She can just see a wind around you when you are lying. Hence the name Divine wind.
Aug 7, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 2016
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Killer96bee said:

Rest of the mansion cannot smell it. It was said in earlier episodes that the only ones who could smell it were Rem and Beatrice.

About Roswall he is the most suspicios dude , I think he can since he controls powers dont know if is magic or other,but the episodes that he kills the majuu beast Didnt he use Something ?
Aug 7, 2016 11:56 AM

Sep 2014
Fappa said:
They put a lot of focus on Willhelm which I like a lot. This will pay off big time.

I also love how they're focusing on what the Whale actually means for residents in this world. It's not only Subaru that has his problems with this beast but no several people have negative experiences with it. The presence of the beast even has an influence on the economy of the entire kingdom.

The ending part was handled so well. The uplifting cellphone alarm gets a creepy feeling to it because we know that it means the beast is here. The way it got distorted once we saw the whale was a big plus on that.

And then it's Subaru who is rushing forward instead of being in the backlines pretending to do something only to justify himself. This shows that Subaru slowly but steadily actually wants to do things but doesn't hesitate everywhere because of his weaknesses.

The ending was amazingly done!
Aug 7, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Damn already over and i have to wait for the next episode
Can't wait for the fight with the white whale
DelusionalUzumeAug 7, 2016 12:05 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 7, 2016 12:06 PM

Oct 2013

I'm in love with crusch karsten.
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Aug 7, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
Kind of bored watching this episode until last few second where they starting to attack the flying whale.
Whale hunting next episode.
Aug 7, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
Nayrael said:

I mean how can he offered that much about forming an allience even without the clown and Emilia consent. He worked as a butler and really is a guest of Crusch, talking about priviledge and position, I think Its kind of strange that he offered anything that does not in his possession like mining rights without being det3cted. Did it mentioned that he somehow got the priviledge to make such deal or he just blatantly fool Crusch to use her power to crush the whale? And Crusch ability is not perfect (like Rem can detect Subaru lies that even Crusch can not?)

And I also find it strange because Crusch Mansion have guards, and a lot of people that served her, how can Anastashia and that guy entered without them noticing Crusch immediately and have a chance to interrupt to make the deal possible?

These are little detail but I'd love to learn about.

Jan 2012
I almost thought the whale wasn't coming which would have been pretty bad for Subaru ^^"

Aug 2015
blackchannel said:

I'm in love with crusch karsten.

That smile! she's the best.

Jun 2011
Great build up episode :D can't wait for the next.
Aug 7, 2016 12:10 PM

Aug 2015
Can anyone explain how those people want revenge if the whale devours its victim's existences? Can it choose whose existences get wiped?
Aug 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Oct 2013
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Can anyone explain how those people want revenge if the whale devours its victim's existences? Can it choose whose existences get wiped?

I believe not every people devoured by the whale. They must be simply fight it and die
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

Aug 7, 2016 12:12 PM
May 2016
We all must Protect Emillia not only on the Witch Cult but from the Bashers as well who Loves Rem so much , watch only for the Ships and delusional who keep saying 'Emillia should Die, Emillia should Dissapear etc.
Aug 7, 2016 12:13 PM

Oct 2013
Madlib said:

That smile! she's the best.

Yeah! she looks amazing in that armor too

Mar 2010
rorimoe said:

Someone please tell me, It could be the result of a rush, but how can Subaru make a deal on the name of Roswald and Emilia? Even talk about mining magical stones like he owned these and the lies detector did not work? He is just guest and how can he make a deal that big, and how Anastashi entered Crusch masion so easy, even overheard the conversation?

Btw
Does Subaru personality "improve" or he jsut the same, just being burdened by that heroic talk with Rem?

Ill pretend that there is no ep 13-18.

Because Rem is acting as representative as of Roswaal. Subaru realize this was other reason Roswaal left her with him.

And you watched the episode yourself. He's accepted his weakness and making effort to improve himself into a better person. Deciding to forgot about the harsh lessons he had to learn in ep 13-18 to get to this point defeats whole purpose of what he's becoming now.

NitroKageAki said:

Actually, in the LN it is mentioned that the mines and magic stones are some of the negotiation Rem and Crusch has every evening to form Emilia-Crusch alliance. It is likely that Rem disclosed it to Subaru to let him having more bargaining chips...

Oh, forgot about that other bit. This was what requested for exchange of treating Subaru
Iron_MawAug 7, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
rorimoe said:
Nayrael said:

I mean how can he offered that much about forming an allience even without the clown and Emilia consent. He worked as a butler and really is a guest of Crusch, talking about priviledge and position, I think Its kind of strange that he offered anything that does not in his possession like mining rights without being det3cted. Did it mentioned that he somehow got the priviledge to make such deal or he just blatantly fool Crusch to use her power to crush the whale? And Crusch ability is not perfect (like Rem can detect Subaru lies that even Crusch can not?)

And I also find it strange because Crusch Mansion have guards, and a lot of people that served her, how can Anastashia and that guy entered without them noticing Crusch immediately and have a chance to interrupt to make the deal possible?

These are little detail but I'd love to learn about.

Again, it is a crisis. If Subaru is right, he has the right to make any negotiations to save his liege and people from torture and death. The priority of the boss is to survive, everything else comes after and can be taken care of after. If Subaru is wrong, then the deal means nothing and Crusch is getting nothing.

Unless Anastasia comes walking in with an army, she is no threat. This is probably why she did not have that kitten with her: the kitten would not be allowed in without Crusch's consent and was probably waiting outside. Anastasia was in more danger than Crusch was, tbh.
Aug 7, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2015
blackchannel said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

I believe not every people devoured by the whale. They must be simply fight it and die

Well, I'm not sure if they're actually eaten. I just assumed it cause it's Gluttony. But you're probably right.
Aug 7, 2016 12:16 PM
May 2016
chiyo-german said:

A mabeast appeared with alarm ringtone as its background music... so funny, it didn't fit.

It seems to be a power that few people(Or Oni in her case) possess.
Aug 7, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2012
EPIC BATTLE INCOMING!!!

Aug 7, 2016 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Cant wait for next episode, ring tone scene was perfect.

Crusch must be the next king, she is really amazing.

Rem continues to be best girl!!
Aug 7, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
Anyone knows the name of the cellphone music?
Pages (18) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.