Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2013
FragOutFire said:
Illyricus said:
Don't want to be a dick, but... it's actually a whale.

It's impossible to see that it's a whale in the episode because the only thing you see is its massive form being obscured by fog and its eye. Now tell me, if the only way I could possibly discern that it's a whale is if I read the Web/Light Novel, why would I be at fault for confusing it for something else?

And hey maybe they changed it for the anime, maybe it's a frog! <spoiler>not a chance</spoiler>

... goddamn I need to get out of these topics right away before I get spoiled on things
You don't have any fault, I mean, it was big, it sounded like a whale...

Sorry if I made you feel bad.
Jul 17, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
I like how they keep deliberately portraying how ''crazy'' Subaru appears in front of other people. It's about time though that he himself learns about his mistakes, though I guess it is to some degree a realistic way to behave in such a situation.

Jul 17, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2014
soooo i watched the vol 6 image's and i want to ask

we're gonna have some ram action next week ?
Jul 17, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2007
MetaphyskalHuntR said:
Fai said:

I expected focus on Subaru figuring out things and learning things via trial and error.

Ok, I will concede that I thought this also in the beginning.

Fai said:

Nothing in the first 11 episodes of the show ever hinted that it will be about him dying via gross and random ways and learning nothing, but getting dumber.

Say this show gets renewed for another 25 episode season - not an unlikely scenario - the first 11 episodes would merely be a prologue. Even take your example the Lord of the Rings, the entire story is based off of the novel "The Hobbit" - and it is surely a minuscule and different story in theme, tone, mood, and much more. No one should be able to predict the outcome based on such a small sample unless it is some cliche story.

Fai said:

I don't really care about consequences of respawning. I expected smart uses for it and a protagonist that uses his brain. Like getting stuck in a murder mystery, being killed by the killer and then in next loop using the knowledge to figure out the culprit. That kind of things.

I passionately disagree. However, this quote basically sums up why you don't like it anymore. The thing you are not interested in is the entire point of the show. Its his psychological deterioration. But I wont get into that anymore, as i have said much on this topic. I will say this, he is not getting dumber - he is acting more human than most protagonists. Not many can watch their loved ones and even themselves die a thousand deaths and still face the next day. Our MC is trapped in hell. He cant kill himself or be allowed to die. He is forced to fight against fate - that is interesting as hell. It is not something that goes about in a way that can be called a cliche. I love the concept. You dont, thats fine and fair - but I would like for you to see things from my POV and you would probably like it.

Fai said:

Like i compared in my post this is like watching Lord of the Rings and it suddenly goes texas chainsaw massacre in terms of tone and priorities. Or watching Legend of Galactic Heroes and it suddenly turns into Elfen Lied.

Its not what I liked about the show and the overall story is no longer moving forward, being stuck in a sadistic rut of delivering suffering and death.
Oh I agree it is very well directed. The gore is VERRY effective but it is not what the show promised. The show is basically a 25 episode long screamer video where it seems one thing at first and then gives you heart attack.

It is just not delivering in terms of writing what I watned and its priorities shifted to gore. And the plot came to a halt.
It simply does not have what I liked about the show anymore nor what I wanted out of it.

Again - thats perfectly okay for you to not like it. Unfortunately though, the things you say the show is doing - it is largely not. I just feel like you are missing the point, missing out, and passing an unfair judgment. We don't need to debate it. Sadly, I am now given the impression that your prefer for your entertainment to not challenge you to experience things outside your comfort zone - which is unfortunate if that is the case. There is a lot to be said for experiencing a wide variety of media that are creative in their blending of genres.

The Lord of the Rings is not an ideal benchmark for good writing. An epic saga, chalk full of lore, and a rich,high fantasy setting - yes; good writing - no, just IMO but it is full of plot holes, deus ex machinas, and cliche after cliche amongst other things...This is merely my opinion though (i'm not talking about the movie- that was awesome, but for reasons other than the quality of writing. Perhaps you are referring to TLotR's movie instead of the literature format by J.R.R. Tolkien?) This may be another issue, since you had expectations for more of a LoTR's like tale - which is, while epic - geared more towards the good vs evil, fairy tale troupe fanbases; these are typically younger viewers who would struggle with relativistic morality plots (shades of grey, no villains, just people in circumstances). This type of audience would a Charles Dickens type of novel than say, for example, Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" (a classic) or more contemporary styles of stories, i.e. "The Cathedral"

I just tend to enjoy more contemporary styles of literature where you have to read between the lines to understand the characters behaviors, emotions, and experiences - which is the case for Re: Zero.(

I did not exactly expect it to be LIKE LOTR. I expected it to defy the fantasy tropes and to have an MC who is trope-savvy and can use it to his advantage for once. I just used lotr as an example in terms of contrast with Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Because lt's be frank LOTR in tone, priorities, topics, etc, is completely NOTHING like Texas Chainsaw Massacre which is why the comparison is apt for me.

I expected a realistic story about a realistic real world person who is using his brains to solve the problems and who knows the protagonist tropes because of his game experience and does not walk in into the same tropes as usual dumb protags do. Somebody who does not exactly have any power but can use his brains and knowledge to solve situations. I expected mysteries, politics, etc, as well as MC continuing being likeable.

In fact Subaru being realistic and normal person was one of the MAIN draws for me in terms of the show, as well as the fact that the fantasy was very low-fiction with none of exaggerated anime stuff beyond Puck. It felt like a real world and I could not wait to find out all the stuff it can deliver.

But the show's focus changed. The MC is no longer likeable. The MC is whiny and refuses to learn and instead of avoiding protag pitfall tropes, he dives headfirst into it in the ways that would make even Shinji Ikari laugh at him.The show took realistic and interesting character and turned him into pitiful hateful idiot who will never make any right decisions and has no intelligence.

What's more the show stopped trying to give interesting uses for time loop stuff and stopped having MC use his brain. Instead the time loop stuff for last 5 episodes has been used solely for the shock of the audience.

AmejiHunter said:
I mean, if you want copies over copies of other anime, you're free to watch Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Online, and all those OP and/or charismatic MCs.

But how is Rezero different from them?
It is pretty much SAO but you take out Kirito and his gary stu fighting and instead replace it with Subaru and his suffering. the overall progression is still the same.

Writing an OPPOSITE to the Gary Stu does not make a realistic character. An Anti Stu trope is STILL a stu. Just of the opposite kind.

I wanted realistic MC. I did not want a copy, i wanted a consistence and good writing. I did not want suffering memes, plot dicking MC over and the MC being an unlikeable dick who keeps dying again and again because the plot wants to make him suffer. And what's more he NEVER learns. The plot is stuck in the same place it has been for quite a while and does not move forward because the show wants to give more SUFFERINg.

Big part of the show was likeable realistic MC and interesting mysteries.I want to like the show, I really do. I did for eleven episodes. I literally feel bad for disliking what is happening in the show now and where the show went because White Fox is doing a bang up job in terms of presentation, but the writing just does not hold up.

The show spent all episodes from 12 to 16 so far not only forgetting its first 11 episodes(and what subaru learned there) but also literally repeating the same pattern of Subaru being hateable idiot who makes situation worse for himself and suffers gory sadistic outcomes.

The plot stopped moving, Subaru's characterization fell apart and now the show is only interested in delivering shocking scenes(that can be erased via a leap) and making the character suffer. Hell for last 5 episodes the show did nothing but find new ways to shit on MC and make him dumb enough to be shitted on

I mean what is so different about this episode from previous one? Subaru acts dumb, digs a hole, dies in a gross way, repeat. Next episode same happens. He is not learning, it is impossible to root for Subaru anymore and the show doe snot progress instead choosing to wallow in how "dark and gritty" the world is. Rem is the only good thing and good character in the show now. And the show employed that via sadistic and panic-attack inducing shit it did to her last episode.

I want to love this show. There are far too many LN shows with perfect stu protags and typical cheesy world setting. ReZero started as the opposite of that and for once had the protagonist I could like and root for. And then it took it all away. And from what Ln readers told me, it will only get darker and more sadistic.
AhenshihaelJul 17, 2016 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
GREW said:
AmejiHunter said:

Except that this episode developed the other candidates ( except Felt but we know a lot about her already ), introduced the whale problem and what will happen next ( Goddamn spoilers, I hate knowing what's gonna happen with that friggin whale ).

Plus again, it represents the biggest problem with Subaru and what makes me think he might not be Pride but Greed, or maybe even a combination of both of them. All he does is want. Even when he asks for a favor and has to give something in return, he doesn't really present something to offer. He just says ''oh i'll have a debt'' but he clearly knows what he wants.

I don't know how you could skip this episode tbh. It's pretty important in the story according to me. And I haven't read the LN/WN and have only a little idea of what comes next.

Than spoil me. Or give the source of it. I just want to know if Subaru is doing actually something instead being a savepoint.

I don't have time right now cuz I got to leave, but if you want spoils, they're all over the internet and the MAL forum. You're free to look by yourself, and if you're too lazy to do so, just trust me. Don't expect that the anime will get softer tho, the author is clearly acting as a huge sadist right now and he will still be, maybe even more. But Subaru will get stronger and will eventually be able to fight for himself without having to get f*cked by 3 candidates

Feb 2015
First of all, HOLY SHIT that ed song. Emilia's or Megumi's (from KonoSuba) personally sing the ending song. and god dammit it was so nice to hear. who the hell composed the music. it was freaking nice.

Overall episode, great episode as usual. I see subaru got reck more and more. the feeling when you can't do anything. you want to explain it but yet you can't, moreover if you just simply explain it, everything would went as planned, it really makes you mad and pissed off so bad. i kinda know what subaru felt in this episode. although i still don't like him as a character. i mean, he almost lick pricilla's feet. well, if i were him in madness state i would probably did it but fucking nope. i would stayed calm and think about it again.

"You never said you want to save Emilia"

GOD DAMN!!! That is the point where he got reck so hard. i agree with her too. he never said such thing from the beginning of the episode. the only thing in his mind is one : hatred. well, but i can't blame him too. if i were him, my mind would be full of hatred too.

And i kinda like that this episode potrayed society in real life. pretty similiar in some way actually imo. i like that.

That ending tho....a whale ? the title of this episode is "The greed of a pig"
you ain't gonna tell me that was actually a pig instead of a whale.
i wonder how many episode left until subaru get fully reck, crushed, destroyed....

looking foward for the next episode.

jzmagic said:
Subaru has the IQ and EQ of a 6 year old child who screams and kicks when he doesn't get what he wants.

well, i can't blame him from doing all of that. if someone saw a terrifiyingly horrible (lol) situation like in the previous episode, they would be like subaru afterwards. it kinda make sense to me. if i were him i would probably snapped all the time like that too. i mean, all of the people that he likes, just died many times in a horrible way. it would be weird if he stayed calm afterwards. really hard for someone to calm the hell down after they saw something horrifiying like in the previous episode.
YizelTroJul 17, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 17, 2016 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
FragOutFire said:
Illyricus said:
Don't want to be a dick, but... it's actually a whale.

It's impossible to see that it's a whale in the episode because the only thing you see is its massive form being obscured by fog and its eye. Now tell me, if the only way I could possibly discern that it's a whale is if I read the Web/Light Novel, why would I be at fault for confusing it for something else?

And hey maybe they changed it for the anime, maybe it's a frog!

... goddamn I need to get out of these topics right away before I get spoiled on things

Calm down. It made whale sounds. Didn't you notice?
Jul 17, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2015
Fai said:
Welp. Congrats ReZero you ruined me Gojira's Flying Whales now.

The problem with this show is that the author touts this as the supposed "deconstruction" of LNs, but there's not really any deconstruction going on. The author is just a creepy and sick sadist who enjoys making his character go through hell, but the story still has the same tropes that all LNs have and same otaku pandering, just with a whole lot more tasteless and gross edgy gore.

This is no longer the show I signed up for.

I started ReZero because it had a likeable, SMART, and realistic protagonist being transported into interesting lore full of political manipulations, mysteries and great lore. I started ReZero because it showed such an MC working it through the problems via brain less than brawn and we saw him figure out things and solve things without pointless asspulling. I started it and loved it because the show could build tension without cheap gores and create stakes without gross edgy Jigsaw level of perversion. It was an interesting world full of mystery that Subaru was transported to and I could not wait to see him figure out what the hell is going on, as well as to see the whole political play in royal candidacy.

None of that is here now.

Somewhere along the way, the author seems to have forgotten what coherence is or what kind of story it is and just delved headfirst into sadistic torture being thrown into the characters. Because, since the MC can rewind time, you can surprise your viewers with gory and triggering shit, because you can hadnwave it seconds away. So everything can be shocking cliffhanger! Because none of that will end up mattering. So now you can have gross and disgusting ways for MC to die and the edgier audience will eat that up shouting the usual phrases of DECONSTRUCTION, SUBVERSION, blah blah, and other words that Madoka for some reason popularized.

But the show is not really doing a deconstruction. Nor is it delivering on the original premise I fell in love with.

It feels like author abandoned any semblance of interesting and mature story or sake of cheap thrills and shocking gory deaths, so it can sell and the viewers can be pandered to and kept with the show via countless cliffhangers and dark events.

But it is not a deconstruction.

It does not deconstruct. It does not change anything, except making Subaru an unlikeable jerk at times and changing the levels of IQ for various characters so the author can deliver "TEH MAXIMUM SUFFERING(tm)". Like in this episode where the author literally makes all the candidates be literally dumb hitler just so he can put Emilia on a pedestal. Oh and lets make Subaru dumb and unable to convince people suddenly because we need teh suffering guyse. How is this the same dude who negotiated with the apple seller in EP1 is beyond me.

This show abandoned all the interesting lore, all the interesting mystery and all the elements that made Subaru likeable and realistic, thus turning him into an anti-stu. The show abandoned all of that for sake of becoming an embodiment of the "SUFFERING!" Meme. While still keeping cringy ln tropes in it.

So I am out. The show has warped into a weird sadistic thing created by a sick an twisted author who just wants suffering and edge instead of coherence and good storytelling. Its as if you start watching something like Lord of the Rings and then suddenly it morphs into cheap horror stuff like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Saw. And then lets morph it into some horror movie with giant sea monsters.

Yet MC still will end up following same path via same waifu filled LN tropes, except he will win via SUFFERING(tm) instead of fighting.

I might pick up show again when it is finished and I can just skip all the episodes and scenes that make my stomach turn and cause me panic attacks.Barely anything of importance is happening. In fact all we had for last 4 or so episodes was Subaru's SUFFERING(Tm) and him being an idiot. No plot progression, no lore, no politics, none that I liked about the show. This is Arc2 all over again in that it drags for dozen episodes, except ARc2 had likeable Subaru and interesting lore and mystery. But right now I think I am content with just watching Alderamin on The Sky this season - at least that seems to be an actual adaptation of Ln that IS interested in doing things differently from other LNs and delivering things that ReZero forgot for sake of cheap gore.

Its sad to see the show drop the ball so hard after brilliant well directed 11 episodes. It is still VERY well directed and I am sure it evokes all the things the author wanted it to. It is sure as hell not the worst thing in this season, but it is no longer the show I fell in love with and the writing is nowhere near as good as first 11 episodes and I can't handle the gross shit this show now throws at the viewer for sake of cheap shocks.

Dropped.

2/5

You did it. You actually did it. Thank you. No really, I mean it.

Jul 17, 2016 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
MetaphyskalHuntR said:

Ok, I will concede that I thought this also in the beginning.

Say this show gets renewed for another 25 episode season - not an unlikely scenario - the first 11 episodes would merely be a prologue. Even take your example the Lord of the Rings, the entire story is based off of the novel "The Hobbit" - and it is surely a minuscule and different story in theme, tone, mood, and much more. No one should be able to predict the outcome based on such a small sample unless it is some cliche story.

I passionately disagree. However, this quote basically sums up why you don't like it anymore. The thing you are not interested in is the entire point of the show. Its his psychological deterioration. But I wont get into that anymore, as i have said much on this topic. I will say this, he is not getting dumber - he is acting more human than most protagonists. Not many can watch their loved ones and even themselves die a thousand deaths and still face the next day. Our MC is trapped in hell. He cant kill himself or be allowed to die. He is forced to fight against fate - that is interesting as hell. It is not something that goes about in a way that can be called a cliche. I love the concept. You dont, thats fine and fair - but I would like for you to see things from my POV and you would probably like it.

Again - thats perfectly okay for you to not like it. Unfortunately though, the things you say the show is doing - it is largely not. I just feel like you are missing the point, missing out, and passing an unfair judgment. We don't need to debate it. Sadly, I am now given the impression that your prefer for your entertainment to not challenge you to experience things outside your comfort zone - which is unfortunate if that is the case. There is a lot to be said for experiencing a wide variety of media that are creative in their blending of genres.

The Lord of the Rings is not an ideal benchmark for good writing. An epic saga, chalk full of lore, and a rich,high fantasy setting - yes; good writing - no, just IMO but it is full of plot holes, deus ex machinas, and cliche after cliche amongst other things...This is merely my opinion though (i'm not talking about the movie- that was awesome, but for reasons other than the quality of writing. Perhaps you are referring to TLotR's movie instead of the literature format by J.R.R. Tolkien?) This may be another issue, since you had expectations for more of a LoTR's like tale - which is, while epic - geared more towards the good vs evil, fairy tale troupe fanbases; these are typically younger viewers who would struggle with relativistic morality plots (shades of grey, no villains, just people in circumstances). This type of audience would a Charles Dickens type of novel than say, for example, Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" (a classic) or more contemporary styles of stories, i.e. "The Cathedral"

I just tend to enjoy more contemporary styles of literature where you have to read between the lines to understand the characters behaviors, emotions, and experiences - which is the case for Re: Zero.(

I did not exactly expect it to be LIKE LOTR. I expected it to defy the fantasy tropes and to have an MC who is trope-savvy and can use it to his advantage for once. I just used lotr as an example in terms of contrast with Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Because lt's be frank LOTR in tone, priorities, topics, etc, is completely NOTHING like Texas Chainsaw Massacre which is why the comparison is apt for me.

I expected a realistic story about a realistic real world person who is using his brains to solve the problems and who knows the protagonist tropes because of his game experience and does not walk in into the same tropes as usual dumb protags do. Somebody who does not exactly have any power but can use his brains and knowledge to solve situations. I expected mysteries, politics, etc, as well as MC continuing being likeable.

In fact Subaru being realistic and normal person was one of the MAIN draws for me in terms of the show, as well as the fact that the fantasy was very low-fiction with none of exaggerated anime stuff beyond Puck. It felt like a real world and I could not wait to find out all the stuff it can deliver.

But the show's focus changed. The MC is no longer likeable. The MC is whiny and refuses to learn and instead of avoiding protag pitfall tropes, he dives headfirst into it in the ways that would make even Shinji Ikari laugh at him.The show took realistic and interesting character and turned him into pitiful hateful idiot who will never make any right decisions and has no intelligence.

What's more the show stopped trying to give interesting uses for time loop stuff and stopped having MC use his brain. Instead the time loop stuff for last 5 episodes has been used solely for the shock of the audience.

AmejiHunter said:
I mean, if you want copies over copies of other anime, you're free to watch Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Online, and all those OP and/or charismatic MCs.

But how is Rezero different from them?
It is pretty much SAO but you take out Kirito and his gary stu fighting and instead replace it with Subaru and his suffering. the overall progression is still the same.

Writing an OPPOSITE to the Gary Stu does not make a realistic character. An Anti Stu trope is STILL a stu. Just of the opposite kind.

I wanted realistic MC. I did not want a copy, i wanted a consistence and good writing. I did not want suffering memes, plot dicking MC over and the MC being an unlikeable dick who keeps dying again and again because the plot wants to make him suffer. And what's more he NEVER learns. The plot is stuck in the same place it has been for quite a while and does not move forward because the show wants to give more SUFFERINg.

Big part of the show was likeable realistic MC and interesting mysteries.I want to like the show, I really do. I did for eleven episodes. I literally feel bad for disliking what is happening in the show now and where the show went because White Fox is doing a bang up job in terms of presentation, but the writing just does not hold up.

The show spent all episodes from 12 to 16 so far not only forgetting its first 11 episodes(and what subaru learned there) but also literally repeating the same pattern of Subaru being hateable idiot who makes situation worse for himself and suffers gory sadistic outcomes.

The plot stopped moving, Subaru's characterization fell apart and now the show is only interested in delivering shocking scenes(that can be erased via a leap) and making the character suffer. Hell for last 5 episodes the show did nothing but find new ways to shit on MC and make him dumb enough to be shitted on

I mean what is so different about this episode from previous one? Subaru acts dumb, digs a hole, dies in a gross way, repeat. Next episode same happens. He is not learning, it is impossible to root for Subaru anymore and the show doe snot progress instead choosing to wallow in how "dark and gritty" the world is.

I want to love this show. There are far too many LN shows with perfect stu protags and typical cheesy world setting. ReZero started as the opposite of that and for once had the protagonist I could like and root for. And then it took it all away. And from what Ln readers told me, it will only get darker and more sadistic.

Same, probably will answer late when I come back, but don't have time right now. Still think your reasoning/judgment is extremely flawed and doesn't make sense at all tho.
May 2015
Smudy said:
Fai said:

The problem with this show is that the author touts this as the supposed "deconstruction" of LNs, but there's not really any deconstruction going on. The author is just a creepy and sick sadist who enjoys making his character go through hell, but the story still has the same tropes that all LNs have and same otaku pandering, just with a whole lot more tasteless and gross edgy gore.

I started ReZero because it had a likeable, SMART, and realistic protagonist being transported into interesting lore full of political manipulations, mysteries and great lore. I started ReZero because it showed such an MC working it through the problems via brain less than brawn and we saw him figure out things and solve things without pointless asspulling. I started it and loved it because the show could build tension without cheap gores and create stakes without gross edgy Jigsaw level of perversion. It was an interesting world full of mystery that Subaru was transported to and I could not wait to see him figure out what the hell is going on, as well as to see the whole political play in royal candidacy.

Somewhere along the way, the author seems to have forgotten what coherence is or what kind of story it is and just delved headfirst into sadistic torture being thrown into the characters. Because, since the MC can rewind time, you can surprise your viewers with gory and triggering shit, because you can hadnwave it seconds away. So everything can be shocking cliffhanger! Because none of that will end up mattering. So now you can have gross and disgusting ways for MC to die and the edgier audience will eat that up shouting the usual phrases of DECONSTRUCTION, SUBVERSION, blah blah, and other words that Madoka for some reason popularized.

But the show is not really doing a deconstruction. Nor is it delivering on the original premise I fell in love with.

It feels like author abandoned any semblance of interesting and mature story or sake of cheap thrills and shocking gory deaths, so it can sell and the viewers can be pandered to and kept with the show via countless cliffhangers and dark events.

It does not deconstruct. It does not change anything, except making Subaru an unlikeable jerk at times and changing the levels of IQ for various characters so the author can deliver "TEH MAXIMUM SUFFERING(tm)".

This show abandoned all the interesting lore, all the interesting mystery and all the elements that made Subaru likeable and realistic, thus turning him into an anti-stu. The show abandoned all of that for sake of becoming an embodiment of the "SUFFERING!" Meme. While still keeping cringy ln tropes in it.

So I am out. The show has warped into a weird sadistic thing created by a sick an twisted author who just wants suffering and edge instead of coherence and good storytelling. Its as if you start watching something like Lord of the Rings and then suddenly it morphs into cheap horror stuff like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Saw.

Yet MC still will end up following same path via same waifu filled LN tropes, except he will win via SUFFERING(tm) instead of fighting.

I might pick up show again when it is finished and I can just skip all the episodes and scenes that make my stomach turn and cause me panic attacks. But right now I think I am content with just watching Alderamin on The Sky that season - at least that seems to be an actual adaptation of Ln that IS interested in doing things differently from other LNs and delivering things that ReZero forgot for sake of cheap gore.

Its sad to see the show drop the ball so hard after brilliant well directed 11 episodes. It is still VERY well directed and I am sure it evokes all the things the author wanted it to. It is sure as hell not the worst thing in this season, but it is no longer the show I fell in love with and the writing is nowhere near as good as first 11 episodes and I can't handle the gross shit this show now throws at the viewer for sake of cheap shocks.

Dropped.

2/5

Finally. You won't be missed.
Now he just needs to drop Tales of Zestiria the X so I don't have to see a huge gaping cancer on that discussion forum again.

Feb 2010
That was pretty cool of Anastasia to be honest. I do feel bad for Subaru though. Unfortunately he needs to learn to read people more to be able to encourage them to act on his behalf. Tis a hard task indeed lol. Given his state of mind at the moment though, its easy to understand why he's frustrated with people. But, I'm looking forward to the eventual fights in the future anyway. That ending was awesome. I love the way they done that with the whale.
Jul 17, 2016 1:48 PM

Jan 2008
AmejiHunter said:
GREW said:

Than spoil me. Or give the source of it. I just want to know if Subaru is doing actually something instead being a savepoint.

I don't have time right now cuz I got to leave, but if you want spoils, they're all over the internet and the MAL forum. You're free to look by yourself, and if you're too lazy to do so, just trust me. Don't expect that the anime will get softer tho, the author is clearly acting as a huge sadist right now and he will still be, maybe even more. But Subaru will get stronger and will eventually be able to fight for himself without having to get f*cked by 3 candidates

meeeh okay.

Guess I just wait.
Jul 17, 2016 1:48 PM

Jan 2016
Whale sounds are used for all sorts of monsters tho. Also, lions

also, i dont care that i was spoiled that it was a magic whale thing

the most important thing here is: where are the foot-licking doujins?
Jul 17, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2014
Dumb Subaru

Shitty 2/10

But I have been spoiled a little bit by shitty spoilers I'll bear with it a little longer, mostly for anastasia and rem+ram

Jan 2016
White fox sure is giving all they got on this one!!
Feel kind of bad for Subaru throu the episode, but he need to realize what they ave been explaining to him.. sadly everything cant just go your way all the time.. and hi got all but rejected and kicked..
But throu it all there been nothing but life-lessons here, with Crusch, With Priscilla that i most say was really interesting scene, how much of a greed of a pig do u have Subaru, He sank to the bottom for a selfish and greedy demand. As we also had Anastasia, it was a lesson indeed, but she only just builded up his rage even more.. not much say, but it was all just a Fascinating episode. And only Subaru only remembers the carriage that disappeared and only he seems to remember it and then "it" appears. O.O oooh how Interesting!!!
My money is on episode 17 will be insane!!!

Love the ED, so beautiful!
Dead_By_HeartJul 17, 2016 1:59 PM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.

Mar 2014
Wow Subaru is really in the worst situation here, knowing what's going to happen, knowing he needs help desperately but everyone is just messing with him. Of course he messed up the negotiations but he doesn't know anything about their politics or goals, it was really hard watching him struggle like that.....like always. At this point it's like "everyone in the world vs Subaru"

Glad to see that rage is still there, even though it's not helping him here. (I wonder if "early series" Subaru would have been able to pull this off instead of mentally messed up Subaru) I have to say the direction in the first 5 minutes was brilliant, they didn't show Subaru's face until he shouted with rage showing that glint in his eyes.

That ending though, man that was some creepy stuff
Jul 17, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2016
Well, this episode showed that, even if Subaru has "overcome" his broken mind condition, the only things that keep him sane are rage and vengeance. If you add that he is desperate for help and he really hasn't anything to offer, you could guess that he wasn't going to make any deal with the candidates. And he doesn't even have any valuable information about them. I mean, yeah, his attitude wasn't the best to begin with and he could have done it better, but what he knew about Priscilla was that she loves to be entertained by everything and that her ego knows no limits, and about Anastasia, that she has a company and is greedy, nothing more, and that's useful only if you have something to offer. Maybe if he didn't licked Priscilla's foot... But I don't blame him since you don't know what to expect about Priscilla. All depends of her mood at the moment. (btw, when I saw that he was going to lick her foot for real, I knew she was going to kick his face. Did anyone else see that coming too?).
The one he knew a bit better was Crusch but he apparently forgot that she was helping him because of a contract with Emilia. So Subaru was fucked up from the beginning. I was expecting Reinhard and maybe, just "maybe", Julius to aid him, but since Reinhard is on a trip, there's no one else to ask.

But here is the real question of this episode. The White Whale apparently can erase the existence of anyone. Dying isn't comparable to be erased from existence. That means you have never existed, so everything you've done is gone.
So... Would Return by death work against that? It's an interesting question.
There is no hope, just posibilities. If the chance isn't 0, then we say there's hope.
Jul 17, 2016 1:53 PM
Jan 2008
Man, Subaru is really the most stupid MC I have ever seen in an anime.
Think before you act, especially if you have no power at all.
Jul 17, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Tevens said:
"You never said you want to save Emilia"

GOD DAMN!!! That is the point where he got reck so hard. i agree with her too. he never said such thing from the beginning of the episode. the only thing in his mind is one : hatred. well, but i can't blame him too. if i were him, my mind would be full of hatred too.
I completely forgot to write about that. Crusch was being a strict business person so to speak, she remained neutral and objectively evaluated the outcomes. But what I loved was when she brought up how twisted Subaru had become. His love bordering on obsession has taken such an extreme change, of course that's completely understandable to us given we saw what he experienced, but the thing is, we know but they don't. That's what I both love and hate about dramatic irony, it can create so much tension in a scene but at the same time it makes me claw at my face and bang my head against a wall when I know something the characters don't but can't tell them xD
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 17, 2016 1:56 PM
Mar 2009
Holy crap did Subaru get schooled by the girls in how to negotiate and ask for favors. The candidates have spent their lives in cut-throat business/politics and he's... Subaru. Like a deaf and blind mouse surrounded by 3 cats. Feels like a good time for a reset with a cooler head next time around.

Crusch was relatively nice, kind even. Ask for help, here's the cost. Basically tells him to think about what he's asking for and more importantly, why.

Priscilla toyed with him, but he lost any respect or goodwill by his abandoning his pride. I can see where he might of thought this was going to play to her personality, but nope. Beat down by a hot chick. I kept thinking that she was pulling a Basic Instinct scene by crossing her legs but needed a shorter dress. Still, kinda hot.

Anastasia just played him and that scene just showed how narrow minded his vision has become. He didn't even notice he was in a restaurant filled with her guards? They weren't even being subtle. Some might say he was focused, I say blinded by the situation.
bear808Jul 17, 2016 2:06 PM
Jul 17, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
Fai said:

It does not deconstruct. It does not change anything, except making Subaru an unlikeable jerk at times and changing the levels of IQ for various characters so the author can deliver "TEH MAXIMUM SUFFERING(tm)". Like in this episode where the author literally makes all the candidates be literally dumb hitler just so he can put Emilia on a pedestal. Oh and lets make Subaru dumb and unable to convince people suddenly because we need teh suffering guyse. How is this the same dude who negotiated with the apple seller in EP1 is beyond me.

So I am out. The show has warped into a weird sadistic thing created by a sick an twisted author who just wants suffering and edge instead of coherence and good storytelling. Its as if you start watching something like Lord of the Rings and then suddenly it morphs into cheap horror stuff like Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Saw. And then lets morph it into some horror movie with giant sea monsters.

I might pick up show again when it is finished and I can just skip all the episodes and scenes that make my stomach turn and cause me panic attacks.Barely anything of importance is happening. In fact all we had for last 4 or so episodes was Subaru's SUFFERING(Tm) and him being an idiot. No plot progression, no lore, no politics, none that I liked about the show. This is Arc2 all over again in that it drags for dozen episodes, except ARc2 had likeable Subaru and interesting lore and mystery. But right now I think I am content with just watching Alderamin on The Sky this season - at least that seems to be an actual adaptation of Ln that IS interested in doing things differently from other LNs and delivering things that ReZero forgot for sake of cheap gore.

Dropped.

2/5

it's your own opinion m8. feel free to drop this series. i feel like you are trying to convince the fanbase that this anime is shit, BUT I JUST FEEL IT. everyone have their own opinion. i have seen some people dropping this series because of subaru too.
Jul 17, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2016
bear808 said:
Holy crap did Subaru get schooled by the girls in how to negotiate and ask for favors. The candidates have spent their lives in cut-throat business/politics and he's... Subaru. Like a deaf and blind mouse surrounded by 3 cats. Feels like a good time for a reset with a cooler head next time around.

the only time "kill yourself" is a helpful suggestion rather than a hateful poison remark
Jul 17, 2016 2:00 PM
Jun 2015
I'm glad none of the candidates were like "Hell yeah I'll help you and my enemy with absolutely nothing to gain at all." I don't see them being "bitchy" at all but rather realistic. Subaru is just asking and expecting them to help him and isn't bringing anything to the table. I hope Subaru learns from these failed negotiations and starts using his head next time, because I'm pretty confident that it's going to take multiple attempts before he can get this run right. I'm enjoying how Subaru went from being too prideful to empty/broken to revengeful in these past few episodes.
Jul 17, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2014
ckberserker said:

Dude you can't really expect Subaru to keep his head cool in these situations anymore. As much as I hated seeing Subaru being treated like trash by everyone I think it would have been pretty weird to see him act as a master negotiator at this point. He's also dealing with people who are all about politics, he doesn't even know how this world works.

That purple haired one told him something about him being better prepared for things like this, well thanks for the advice but he CAN'T be. Unless it's a hint about his future where he'll get to redo these negotiations
LauraBirdieJul 17, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 17, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
jzmagic said:
Subaru has the IQ and EQ of a 6 year old child who screams and kicks when he doesn't get what he wants.
So this 6 year old child you speak of, do you suppose they'd still be able to function as a normal human being after the world has told them they will keep on dying, keep on watching their loved ones die brutally, and that they've reached the point where there's probably nothing they can do about it?
Jul 17, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
renanmil said:
Could someone please tell me what was said about this assumed whale on the episode 14??

I really don't feel like watching the episode again just to find out
There you go.

Subaru doesn't cease to be painful to watch, but I can't dislike him. In fact, I'm glad the shock from the previous return was enough to force him to move on and at the same time insufficient to make him approach the problem in the right manner. Asking others for help was crucial in overcoming his previous obstacles, however, he shouldn't expect gratuitous support in the middle of a political game. Though I can understand why he got the wrong idea. It's not only because he's desperate, but both Crusch and Priscilla made favours for him before. Even if the first one's motive was the contract and the second one's her own amusement, they didn't act hostile. It was pretty naive of Subaru to cling to this little hope and seek their aid without anything to offer, but right now he's a traumatized teenager from a different world, so I don't blame him for trying, despite of his condemning behaviour. He'll eventually learn the hard way, I think.
"If they say there is no chance of victory, she will create one with her own sword."
The avatar picture was made by おみず on Twitter.
Jul 17, 2016 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
Asking your master enemies to help your master

Forgot the fact that you nothing at all, no one trust you and since you are nothing and you are asking for them to invade your master domain, one thing go wrong and its all out war, get a brain the witch cult and emilia arent worth that much

Turn out to be trash and being used to expose Crusch matter to Anastasia

Meeting Anastasia and Priscilla are quite interesting moves but without a brain he messed all up

Shittiest character I have seen uneducated dude break his phone when rage, I really dislike this type subaru is no different now -10/10 for this devlopment.
Jul 17, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2014
lightheaded episode... with lots of twists and turns
Jul 17, 2016 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
renanmil said:
Could someone please tell me what was said about this assumed whale on the episode 14??

I really don't feel like watching the episode again just to find out

Rem said that they couldn't use the route they took when they arrived in the capital (which is a lot shorter) because there was "fog produced by the White Whale", and that "we wouldn't survive it"
Jul 17, 2016 2:15 PM
Jul 2016
I don't get this anime at all. Everything is going as you would expect given the circumstances, but it doesn't seem to be able to make a solid decision on the protagonist.

Either, Subaru is the most normal of humans and he's basically collapsed emotionally and mentally from the experiences he has been through since arriving in this world...

Or, Subaru is trope, the unlikely hero that can rise above the situation to win the day and save those around him.

He can't be both. There are brief moments of lucidity for him, where you think maybe he's got to grips with the situation he is in and that knowledge and intelligence he showed in the early episodes has returned and will control his path going forward. But then it all flips back to him making stupid decisions, having emotional and mental breakdowns and ultimately stumbling forward like the class idiot.

I could appreciate either approach, but the attempt to try both is really starting to annoy me.
Jul 17, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
I spy with my little eye a BLOCK OF GIANT TEXT o-o It is becoming common on this anime thread I guess.

So we have GIRLS who are POLITICIANS. That act like one, I mean. Finally. I'm happy it was not "oh well, I want to be part of your harem so, let's go save my rival because friendship and love". Now, Subaru got really good advice from them, especially Anastasia, so I hope he is going to swallow his pride and use what he learned.
(because saving moe maids doesn't teach you about politics or a lot of other stuff)

Excuse my ignorance but why the Witch's cultists want to kill Emilia? I thought they would be all over her because she is just like the witch and all...I don't mind spoilers if there are, but I think I just didn't pay enough attention.

So THAT'S A WHALE! Ow, next episode is going to be a crazy one I guess.

Jul 17, 2016 2:18 PM
Jan 2008
LauraBirdie said:
ckberserker said:

Dude you can't really expect Subaru to keep his head cool in these situations anymore. As much as I hated seeing Subaru being treated like trash by everyone I think it would have been pretty weird to see him act as a master negotiator at this point. He's also dealing with people who are all about politics, he doesn't even know how this world works.

That purple haired one told him something about him being better prepared for things like this, well thanks for the advice but he CAN'T be. Unless it's a hint about his future where he'll get to redo these negotiations

I didn't expect him to be a master ngotiator, I just expect after all he has been through, at least be less naive. You just don't go demanding people to help you with no benefits for them. Even if he doesn't know how the parallel world works, it should apply to any worlds.
Jul 17, 2016 2:18 PM

Dec 2011
Damn. Subaru got snaked by all the other candidates with the exception of Felt, but they all have a point, I especially agree with Crusch... as Subaru never mentioned he want to save Emilia. Damn.

I am glad he was able to get help this episode... but that monster in the end though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 2:19 PM
Dec 2015
zombieiscoming said:
MozillaFennekin said:
>getting baited this hard

Nice thread.

Alright, good episode. Shame that people will probably hate on it and the score will drop because no one died brutally and "LEL SUFFRU SO DUM" but it's great in the context of this entire world. Subaru is a useless fool worked up with rage in a massive city in the middle of a major event, and he's asking for politicians to help a rival for literally no benefit. He can't help himself, really, but it's still pretty satisfying to see him get kicked around for his fuck-ups. But hopefully, he'll learn from his mistakes and reverse the odds.

His mind wasn't stable and he was clouded by rage. If you were him, what would you do?

You have money and foreknowledge. There must be a casino. Casino-> Money-> Buy an army.
Jul 17, 2016 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Oh almost forgot that "that bitch forgot that I saved her" shit again, he still thinking like that even after Emilia event...
Jul 17, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
taynis said:
Excuse my ignorance but why the Witch's cultists want to kill Emilia? I thought they would be all over her because she is just like the witch and all...I don't mind spoilers if there are, but I think I just didn't pay enough attention.
Probably because she is a half-elf, just like Satella (the Witch they adore).
Jul 17, 2016 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Idiotproofninja said:
zombieiscoming said:

His mind wasn't stable and he was clouded by rage. If you were him, what would you do?

You have money and foreknowledge. There must be a casino. Casino-> Money-> Buy an army.

Casino -> Get fucked and lose all your money -> This is an anime about a guy getting rekt by everything -> ''lel subaru is so dumb y he casino y not become kirito n one shot evry1 y is he realistic it sux'' -> No army -> More hate
Jul 17, 2016 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
On one hand I sympathize with Subaru and why these BITCHES won't just give him a hand, on the other hand I do not like his way of asking for help...Licking someones foot is pathetic, and on the third hand, fuck these bitches going for the throne, I know they gotta look out for themselves but damn, ZERO chill.

Still trying to find out if Subaru is really doing this for Emilia, or just for revenge.

I like Aldebaran and how he calls him brother, I figured anyone else would just whoop Subaru's ass for getting out of line.

Oh god...THE WHITE WHALE!

I'm also curious about the amount of weapons and money Crusch is dealing with during this time. It's intriguing.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 17, 2016 2:28 PM
Dec 2015
AmejiHunter said:
Idiotproofninja said:

Casino -> Get fucked and lose all your money -> This is an anime about a guy getting rekt by everything -> ''lel subaru is so dumb y he casino y not become kirito n one shot evry1 y is he realistic it sux'' -> No army -> More hate

I'm sure some sort of watch exist in that world. Find out when to bet aka what's the time a certain dice roll will go your way. Die and start Betting. Also after you win you need to figure out how to keep the money and transport the money. Seriously Subaru needs to watch more crime shows. The first time you do it it'll usually work. People get caught because they keep doing the same crime.

SoraSenpai said:
On one hand I sympathize with Subaru and why these BITCHES won't just give him a hand, on the other hand I do not like his way of asking for help...Licking someones foot is pathetic, and on the third hand, fuck these bitches going for the throne, I know they gotta look out for themselves but damn, ZERO chill.

Still trying to find out if Subaru is really doing this for Emilia, or just for revenge.

I like Aldebaran and how he calls him brother, I figured anyone else would just whoop Subaru's ass for getting out of line.

I'm also curious about the amount of weapons and money Crusch is dealing with during this time. It's intriguing.

None of these bitches are very smart. Subaru is just dumber by comparison. For example the Girl who got information out of him. Why on Earth would you tell the person you are tricking that you are tricking them after you trick them? Cause Subaru is too dense to learn on his own.

Rule No.1 You don't let people know you are screwing with them until you can get literally everything out of them. Do you see those people that send Nigerian princes money reply to their Victims. You just got punked, JK I'm actually a scammer.

You should never reveal your cards or your intentions to strangers. She failed horribly.
IdiotproofninjaJul 17, 2016 2:32 PM
Jul 17, 2016 2:34 PM

May 2015
Oh..

The character development of Subaru is good, in a bad way.
He became a pig full with greed. WHY!11@ IM STARTING TO HATE HIM!1

but the episode was still good though.
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Jul 17, 2016 2:35 PM
Jan 2013
Even though everything went wrong this time again in his negotiations, he did learn everything that he needs for the next loop. What kind of information does who want, how to negotiate and change their mind. He has shown before to be able to pick up things quickly, so I think in the next run negotiations will run fairly well.

Quite excited to see what that thing at the end was, how it manipulated memories and how he is reset.
Jul 17, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
I agree with Fai--this series is starting to go in circles. While they can afford t one a bit more episodic since they're running with 24 episodes, it's starting to get a bit ridiculous now.

The plot hasn't progressed in anyway this episode. The other candidates confirm how terrible of a person Subaru is, and after that him and Rem end up doing the exact same thing they were going to do in the first place--head to the mansion without any sort of solid plan.

Also, for as many times as Subaru has been revived.. he's still an idiot. Why is he not using it to his advantage? He could literally have gone through those negotiations, killed himself for RETURN and then aced them because he would know exactly what the other person is going for and how to counter them. But no--that's just not going to happen in this series.

The thing I didn't like about this episode was how he didn't change tactics when trying to persuade the other candidates into helping him. Ever since his turndown from Crusch, why did he approach the others that way? Did he not get the since that they were self-serving and would look out for their best interest? Going up against the Witch's Cult is a huge risk that of course they don't want to take without probable cause.

Another thing, if Subaru wants to save Emilia, Rem, and Ram couldn't he just get back to the mansion and bring them into the library? It's been mentioned that it's a closed off space, that can't be reached. There's a lot of things that don't make sense in this series.

-Why is there no way to contact Roswaal? All of the magic they display in this series, but there's no way to communicate with Roswaal?

-Why is Subaru so naive and scared still? He's died so many times by now, and he knows he can reset--so why does he act so passively in situations where it's make it or break it?

-Why has Subaru's personality changed so much? He's bitter, insensitive, and a poor communicator when earlier in the show he was nothing like this. I get dying has altered his personality, but this is a bit too drastic.

-What/who is the dragon? Why must one of these children rule the country when there are a counsel of wise-men who seem to have been doing it just fine.. Why is Felt allowed to run when she states she plans to dismantle the country?

I didn't read the LN, but I have a suspicion these questions aren't answered in that. This series has maintained a solid 7/10 for me, but this episode has made me realize that we'll definitely be getting a cliffhanger troll ending, or one where everything is just resolved in 10 minutes. Which I am not okay with for a 24 episode series.
Jul 17, 2016 2:37 PM
Dec 2015
Akanoshi_ said:
Oh..

No it's character development in the You just got scammed by me. Hahah I got info out of you. Seriously is Subaru so dense that the girl has to literally spoonfeed him and tell him she is tricking him for him to learn from past events and not make the same mistake?

I say this because I cannot see why any logical human being would ever tell someone they are being tricked when they can still see the person being a dumb asset that will still feed them information in the future if you don't blatantly say 'Bro actually I'm here to scam you'.

Frodoflo said:
Even though everything went wrong this time again in his negotiations, he did learn everything that he needs for the next loop. What kind of information does who want, how to negotiate and change their mind. He has shown before to be able to pick up things quickly, so I think in the next run negotiations will run fairly well.

Quite excited to see what that thing at the end was, how it manipulated memories and how he is reset.

He learned something because the girl literally has to break character to tell him she punked him. No smart person would ever tell someone they are scamming them. You always pretend to be the good guy until the very end. There's a reason why if you send a Nigerian prince money. He doesn't reply. Bro actually this is a scam , hahha I got your money. He'll pretend there is some complication and he needs more cash.
Jul 17, 2016 2:38 PM
Mar 2016
I hope it will be explained to what extent he cannot reveal his rebirthing. I mean, as a poet and musician, I could easily (atleast attempt several times) to use metaphors or to speak vaguely to the people I would be negotiating with such as.. "I have this gift that I cannot speak much of or there will be grave consequences for me, but it gives me insight on what is to come."

Like.. I'd keep trying to be as vague as possible. Whatever it takes to convey a valid explanation. Maybe even just straight up claim to be a psychic or something.. or maybe even try writing it down on a letter.?

I wonder why Subaru wasn't as crazed and desperate when the psycho lady at the beginning of the show kept killing everyone, but now he's just kookoo for cutco knives..? You'd think he'd be more used to death by now. I would have been detached and probably lose any damns given about the whole situation and just find a new focus. His passion for one girl and a village is amazing, but at that age, I could only assume defeatism would take hold over him eventually if not already.
SolfeggioJul 17, 2016 2:43 PM
Jul 17, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Idiotproofninja said:
SoraSenpai said:

None of these bitches are very smart. Subaru is just dumber by comparison. For example the Girl who got information out of him. Why on Earth would you tell the person you are tricking that you are tricking them after you trick them? Cause Subaru is too dense to learn on his own.

Rule No.1 You don't let people know you are screwing with them until you can get literally everything out of them. Do you see those people that send Nigerian princes money reply to their Victims. You just got punked, JK I'm actually a scammer.

You should never reveal your cards or your intentions to strangers. She failed horribly.

She didn't fail. (Dude your username, too much irony. And hypocrisy?) Subaru's too easy prey. She isn't losing anything by telling him the obvious. Everyone else is conscious of this kind of tactic.
Jul 17, 2016 2:40 PM
May 2015
Well, a not really interesting episode but nice attempts from Subaru
Jul 17, 2016 2:41 PM
Dec 2015
Rehls said:
Idiotproofninja said:

She didn't fail. Dude your username, too much irony. Subaru's too easy prey. She isn't losing anything by telling him the obvious. Everyone else is conscious of this kind of tactic.

The problem is he's not, he's one of those guys in RL that can scammed by a Nigerian Prince and still give the guy money until maybe 5months in when he finally realises he f'ed up.

The way he handled things proves it. I always said and will always say. Subaru does not come up with a plan. He just yolos in thinking it will work. Then dies enough times so he can finally get a clear picture then finally tries to put a plan together.
Jul 17, 2016 2:41 PM
Oct 2010
Idiotproofninja said:
Akanoshi_ said:
Oh..

No it's character development in the You just got scammed by me. Hahah I got info out of you. Seriously is Subaru so dense that the girl has to literally spoonfeed him and tell him she is tricking him for him to learn from past events and not make the same mistake?

I say this because I cannot see why any logical human being would ever tell someone they are being tricked when they can still see the person being a dumb asset that will still feed them information in the future if you don't blatantly say 'Bro actually I'm here to scam you'.

Except he will never be an asset to her again because she already knows that she had a fight with Crusch and is not in good standing with any of the other candidates. What information could she still possibly get out of him? It's clear she has her spies around and she knows that he is nothing.
Jul 17, 2016 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
Idiotproofninja said:
AmejiHunter said:

I'm sure some sort of watch exist in that world. Find out when to bet aka what's the time a certain dice roll will go your way. Die and start Betting. Also after you win you need to figure out how to keep the money and transport the money. Seriously Subaru needs to watch more crime shows. The first time you do it it'll usually work. People get caught because they keep doing the same crime.

mmh, idk for the watch. Probably, probably not, but I doubt he can come to such a reasoning, the state he's in is clearly unhealthy and he can't think straight because of Betelgeuse and all that's happenning around him. He feels really useless so he has to cope by trying to do things out of instinct.

The thing is, the others don't know everything that has happenned because they don't have the RBD ability and they can keep a cool head. He cannot. He's seen everyone he is attached to die horribly and he even died a bunch of times himself. He can't think straight, and someone insane doesn't have to be zombie-like. To me, he's clearly insane enough.
Jul 17, 2016 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
Baah.. just when I thought we were only half way through the episode, it ends TT_TT and in a pretty crazy cliffhanger too.

It just doesn't go well for Subaru.. he can't seem make people think he does anything truthfully in such mad acts..
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.