Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sweet, no OP song which means..White Fox going all out yet again!

A slightly more lighthearted episode compared to the previous one but Subaru obviously knows the darker developments ahead. Priscilla looked lewd quite appealing this episode imo. The way she teases and intimidates Subaru is quite something. Seriously, did she just pull out a fan from her boobs?

Subaru got some decent time with Anastasia although the encounter got quite tense. Also I just realized Subaru still has his cell phone on him lol.
Pretty crazy cliffhanger D:
Stark700Jul 17, 2016 9:30 AM
Jul 17, 2016 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Finally 2nd cour ED!

Poor Subaru, gets rejected, kicked and deceived.

and the whale finally appears....
Jul 17, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2014
Dang Subaru got... fcked in more ways than one, literally every candidate trolled the fck outta him, cant really blame them tho since the way Subaru asking for help was not the right way to ask for one, and was it just me or did anyone else wanted Priscilla to kick the him as well, dude was literally ok with licking her foot, that is not what a man does (then again he's desperate and full of rage atm)

Also WTF was that giant eye cliffhanger? was that a giant beast creature or somethin? that was surprising, and finally we got ED visual, the visuals doesnt exactly help the atmosphere this anime is building but heck Emilia based ED is a good enough ending for me.
Jul 17, 2016 9:47 AM

Jul 2014
He should just ask rinehart help instead of begin these bitches for help

and the way he was asking them as well was wrong , man this MC really isn't clever at all he need some brain cells instead of
Jul 17, 2016 9:47 AM

May 2016
The WHALE IS HERE.

And the Ed visulas.

I'll wait for the subs coz I don't understand Japanese. There are quite a lot of "tense" conversations going on.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 17, 2016 9:50 AM
Jul 2015
Devil_Slayer said:

and the way he was asking them as well was wrong , man this MC really isn't clever at all he need some brain cells instead of

Did you watch this episode? He had left the capital.

Jul 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2015
Devil_Slayer said:

Reinhard isn't present, they even explained it in this episode.

Doesn't seem to me like you understood what the conversation was about and what the cirumstances are for Subaru. Besides last episode explains why he acts how he does in this episode.
Jul 17, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2014
Ayt why the fck does everyone in here already knows its a whale? am I missin somethin? or majority here read spoilers or the novel? seriously guys put spoilers on what that shiz is.
Jul 17, 2016 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
-Stray said:
Ayt why the fck does everyone in here already knows its a whale? am I missin somethin? or majority here read spoilers or the novel? seriously guys put spoilers on what that shiz is.

It hadn't been mentioned by Rem in ep 14 something about a whale ?
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Jul 2015
-Stray said:

Maybe they have read LN but some people might have guessed it based on episode 14 :D

Apr 2015
-Stray said:

They talked about the whale in episode 14 and this "creature" fits the description perfectly. Add to that a seemingly white skin and a whale like scream = White Whale.
Jul 17, 2016 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
I bearly did understand anything tho "don't know anything about japanes " so Reinhard isn't in the present
dame it where Reinhard when you need him ? that's th OP character's for you doesn't find them when ther time come
Jul 17, 2016 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
Once again they skipped some stuff, including a scene that got an illustration in the novel, but at this point it's to be expected. Will wait for subs.

Devil_Slayer said:
I bearly did understand anything tho "don't know anything about japanes " so Reinhard isn't in the present
dame it where Reinhard when you need him ? that's th OP character's for you doesn't find them when ther time come
Well then how about you don't jump to conclusions and blame a series for your own lack of understanding?
Jul 17, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
Once again they skipped some stuff, including a scene that got an illustration in the novel, but at this point it's to be expected. Will wait for subs.

They didn't skip it but interpreted it differently. Instead of grabbing a spoon in a threatening matter he walked up on her with a murderous face expression.
Jul 17, 2016 10:08 AM
Jul 2015
Devil_Slayer said:

me too! But I hear that Subaru mentioned to Reinhard :)
So I won't blame you.

Jul 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2012
THEY REMOVED THE SPOON.

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY!
Jul 17, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:
Hongu said:

They didn't skip it but interpreted it differently. Instead of grabbing a spoon in a threatening matter he walked up on her with a murderous face expression.

can you tell me what was the original scene in the LN ?
Jul 17, 2016 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
So um, did they

Devil_Slayer said:
Fappa said:

Go look up v6 on the Re:Zero wiki
Jul 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Devil_Slayer said:

Well
So it's nothing big at all, simply a different interpretation that holds the same purpose
Jul 17, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Well
So it's nothing big at all, simply a different interpretation that holds the same purpose

how can you hold a spoon in a threatening manner ? lol
Jul 17, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2012
Devil_Slayer said:
Fappa said:

Well

Now we will never know.
Jul 17, 2016 10:32 AM
Jun 2016
SixPistols said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Now we will never know.

It's just a spoon dude, chill out. It's not like it's something influential on the series. The murderous gaze was enough.
Jul 17, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2015
Devil_Slayer said:
Fappa said:

Well

It describes his psychological condition. Just look at the Re:Zero wiki. It's not a BLUNDER

Jul 17, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2015
Devil_Slayer said:

Well...Like that
Jul 17, 2016 10:33 AM

Mar 2010
SixPistols said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Now we will never know.

That scene barely even matters so who cares? As @Fappa said the point of that scene is the same just portrayed differently.
Jul 17, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2012
Bananaoranges said:
SixPistols said:

Now we will never know.

It's just a spoon dude, chill out. It's not like it's something influential on the series. The murderous gaze was enough.

NO, I WILL NOT CHILL OUT.

I waited years for this since I started reading Re:Zero and now my hopes and dreams are crushed. My life is over.
Jul 17, 2016 10:38 AM

May 2016
I mean they removed the self cutting part in Arc 2 as well... I mean it was just too extreme.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 17, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
SixPistols said:
Bananaoranges said:

I waited years for this since I started reading Re:Zero and now my hopes and dreams are crushed. My life is over.

Lol chill dude it's not even worth it
Jul 17, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
Devil_Slayer said:
SixPistols said:

No bro this anime is serious business. If they cut anything important I cry about it for days.
Jul 17, 2016 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
Jesus Christ, someone here is about to become Betelgeuse because of a F**king Spoon.
Jul 17, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2016
Guranto-kun said:
Jesus Christ, someone here is about to become Betelgeuse because of a F**king Spoon.

to be fair, it would have been one hell of a meme worthy scene lol.
Glock Perfection is an oxymoron.

"A 9mm only kills your body. The 45, that kills your soul." CN 2013
Jul 17, 2016 10:52 AM

Jun 2014
Someone is really making a big deal over a spoon? Ok......

Lol this entire episode was basically "lets see who can fuck with Subaru the most." It was kind of entertaining, even though Subaru kept getting fucked over. Hopefully he learned something from these exchanges. And I'm guessing that weird shit going on at the end was the White Whale that Rem briefly mentioned a couple episodes ago, because she did mention that it can create fog. Also, we finally got to see the ED visuals.
thebrentinator24Jul 17, 2016 11:53 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 17, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2015
SixPistols said:
Devil_Slayer said:

No bro this anime is serious business. If they cut anything important I cry about it for days.

Did you cry about Al's scene as well?
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 17, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2015
Solid setup episode, really laid down the areas that Subaru is failing. No way that cliffhanger ends well for Subaru and co.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 17, 2016 11:04 AM

Jul 2012
Sometimes791 said:
SixPistols said:

Did you cry about Al's scene as well?

Not as much but yeah I was a bit saddened.
Jul 17, 2016 11:04 AM

Dec 2014
Spoon, what? Who the hell cares.

Anyway, glad to see Subaru try to get help. Though his methods were pretty understandably stupid, he's slowly learning.

I wonder what that whale's going to do.
I need sleep.
Jul 17, 2016 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
it wouldn't be re:zero if we were left without a cliffhanger
Jul 17, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2015
The spoon scene shouldn't be a big deal, come on now.

The negotiations with the other candidates failed and Reinhard is gone as well. And now the whale shows up, next episode should be epic. Can't wait.
Jul 17, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2014
No OP (again) and finally the new ED :-)

So in order to get help from other candidates Subaru will have to use his RBD to learn what other candidates desire and use it to make a bargain with them.
Jul 17, 2016 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
>getting baited this hard

Nice thread.

Alright, good episode. Shame that people will probably hate on it and the score will drop because no one died brutally and "LEL SUFFRU SO DUM" but it's great in the context of this entire world. Subaru is a useless fool worked up with rage in a massive city in the middle of a major event, and he's asking for politicians to help a rival for literally no benefit. He can't help himself, really, but it's still pretty satisfying to see him get kicked around for his fuck-ups. But hopefully, he'll learn from his mistakes and reverse the odds.
Jul 17, 2016 11:16 AM

Mar 2015
I can't believe someone made a fuss about the spoon scene, but I don't see much people fussing around much about the missing Rem scenes! There is no justice in this world! Gah!

Anyway... that Hakugei though... too cool. Priscilla is also awesomely portrayed in this episode.

I totally love how this episode ends with Otto saying he don't know the man Subaru is talking about, since that's totally explaining of what's coming. Also explaining the hint of why "one would not survive in the White Whale's mist"

Next episode is gonna be suffering...

Jul 17, 2016 11:18 AM
Jun 2016
Man time flew by in this episode. The show keeps drawing me, like Subaru's psychological health, in to deeper and darker depths of the abyss. Excited for next week. As usual.
Anyone know of any fan subs of the LN? I can't seem to find any due to licensing.
Jul 17, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 2015
MozillaFennekin said:

Nice thread.

Alright, good episode. Shame that people will probably hate on it and the score will drop because no one died brutally and "LEL SUFFRU SO DUM" but it's great in the context of this entire world. Subaru is a useless fool worked up with rage in a massive city in the middle of a major event, and he's asking for politicians to help a rival for literally no benefit. He can't help himself, really, but it's still pretty satisfying to see him get kicked around for his fuck-ups. But hopefully, he'll learn from his mistakes and reverse the odds.

His mind wasn't stable and he was clouded by rage. If you were him, what would you do?

Jul 17, 2016 11:22 AM

Jun 2015
zombieiscoming said:
MozillaFennekin said:

Nice thread.

His mind wasn't stable and he was clouded by rage. If you were him, what would you do?

That was my point.
Jul 17, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
welp I failed Priscilla's test. I such an pig
[right]

Jul 17, 2016 11:26 AM
Jun 2016
I made a pretty long, detailed analysis of his psychological health a few weeks back. Ever since, it has been apparent: some people are having a very hard time understanding this shows themes - namely, psychological deterioration is correlated to irrational behavior. I just skip over people complaining that he is acting dumb - since the show has put this TEENAGER through some brutal stuff. He just can't cope. It is obvious. And it seems like at this point, you either see it or you are probably not yet at a point to be able to analyze the deeper meanings in various literature/stories
Jul 17, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2014
Anastasia is cute but terrifying.
Hi there
Jul 17, 2016 11:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A poster wrote in another forum that "...the main problem I have with this show is that it demands we wait an absolute age for any semblance of a payoff. Needs more carrot and less stick." I agree to an extent. It's an excellent show but at the moment I feel like this is an exercise in contained masochism. How much longer can Subaru go with all this madness, monstruosity and butchery, and to top it off have all these incredibly nasty, condescending and smug people rejecting using and/or abusing him?
I feel I need a drink after every episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 17, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2015
MetaphyskalHuntR said:
I made a pretty long, detailed analysis of his psychological health a few weeks back. Ever since, it has been apparent: some people are having a very hard time understanding this shows themes - namely, psychological deterioration is correlated to irrational behavior. I just skip over people complaining that he is acting dumb - since the show has put this TEENAGER through some brutal stuff. He just can't cope. It is obvious. And it seems like at this point, you either see it or you are probably not yet at a point to be able to analyze the deeper meanings in various literature/stories

Exactly!
Beside, when he was desperate and even discarded his pride to ask for help. Some people will blame him because he didn't realize her test LOL
And if he refuses to lick her feet, they will blame him for other reasons
DirtyOldGuyJul 17, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 17, 2016 11:37 AM
Jul 2016
Awesome episode, worth waiting all week for it, Awesome work white fox! ^_^
Pages (24) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - 9 hours ago

28 by DoobieSam »»
2 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.