Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2016 11:12 AM
Feb 2015
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending epsiode yet, but one thing I know for sure: The music was f#ing amazing!
Jun 25, 2016 11:20 AM

Mar 2014
That was one epic blush, Yuta

BTW Did anyone notice Luluco and Nova in the mall when Tenga and Chidori were talking?
Jun 25, 2016 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
The only thing i like was the character design
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 25, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2007
BEST PART OF EPISODE:

Now pls Trigger, give us an BD OVA where Niko decides to wear a gas mask and gets recruited into a secret task force.
Jun 25, 2016 11:35 AM
Oct 2013
Fai said:
BEST PART OF EPISODE:

Now pls Trigger, give us an BD OVA where Niko decides to wear a gas mask and gets recruited into a secret task force.

Oh snap! didn't even realize they made a cameo.
Jun 25, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2008
The ending could've been better but it was still an enjoyable series for me.

That Luluco & Nova cameo.
Jun 25, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
lel did first girl just lose her end girl status?!
yaaaaaasss
2 of my ships are canon now XD
Jun 25, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
Sonozaki's smile at the end.

That is a smile I want to protect.
Jun 25, 2016 12:03 PM
Sep 2015
Another 'so this is all it took?' ending.
I really want to know what the 'it' Noriko saw the first time she tried to commit suicide was.
Jun 25, 2016 12:04 PM

Oct 2015
Fai said:
BEST PART OF EPISODE:

So the cameo happened like we thought after all! I started the episode looking for Luluco's cameo but gave up after the bridge scene. Will now have to keep my eyes peeled for all new Trigger anime. Trigger's Avengers please. Nico = Spring please.
Jun 25, 2016 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
what a perfect last shot! sonozaki smiles!
this anime could have given so much more, but after all if i take it for what it is without thinking about what it could've been, i think i love it very much.
Jun 25, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
it was a great watch for me, sure its not perfect but it could have been much worse
Jun 25, 2016 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
I think this ending is just OK... not so good nor so bad. I thought it would be worse.
Jun 25, 2016 12:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I was surprised that it was such a relatively happy ending. Expected more bittersweetness after all the drama we've been through,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 25, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2010
Last few episodes ruined it for me. Maki and yuta got together in the end was nice, only pairing that made sense and had noticeable developments. Trying to pair all the characters up was a a bad call I think.

Overall a disappointing show for me.
Jun 25, 2016 12:27 PM

Dec 2009
It wasn't perfect, but it was a fun watch. It really hurt from the 12 episode format, but what can you do.
Jun 25, 2016 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
very good end! The two patched at the end was very funny. Nori -chan my muse of the season.
Jun 25, 2016 12:31 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ngl, it ended better than I expected. I really enjoyed this series overall.
Jun 25, 2016 12:37 PM

Sep 2009
Okada once more left the best girl (Nico) without a guy. But at least she wrapped romance somehow better than in AnoHana.
Jun 25, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2012
Nori's plan in action this episode reminded me of Gatchaman Crowds Insight, somewhat.

Katsuhira and Hisomu: masochist buddies for life!
Also, that last scene between Yuta and Maki was pretty funny. xD

abyss333 said:
Rushed as fuck obviously. But are u seriously telling me that those kids lives were ruined (the one in vegetated state) causse Sonozaki refused to give up their pain cause she didnt want to feel alone. SERIOUSLY WTF IS WRONG WITH HER. However i did really like everything else about this anime. But fuck Sonozaki, i feel bad for her but i still dont like her. 7/10

Yeah, that's pretty messed up.

Fai said:
BEST PART OF EPISODE:

I think Nico's a tad bit too large around the chest area to be that character. Who knows, though, maybe she just changes for some reason LOL.
Jun 25, 2016 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
very unfortunate that this show only has 12 episode and the plot was focusing only on kizna system and the relationship between Agata and Nori. it's very unfortunate, thus, for me, the end isn't really satisfiying to me. i kinda hope to see another season of this with a different title (obvious cause it would obviously not about kizna again) which would be continuing their romance relationship. Especially Nico > Tenga > Chidori. 12 episode would be enough to cover all of that. i really hope to see that, but i doubt they will make more of it. i really doubt it.

Overall series; it's a very enjoyable, entertaining and fun show imo. i really like the execution on the character development and characterization on Agata and Sonozaki. and i really like how they made per episode as the character development episode as well with plot development at the same time. and when the climax came (episode 9), the main plot and character connected to eachother which i think it's great.

Character wise, a likeable character overall imo. funny and amusing xD but it's really too bad that they didn't show more of the drama except Agata and Nori.

9/10 from me :D i really enjoy it a lot xD it was a fun ride.

Fai said:
BEST PART OF EPISODE:

holy shit. i didn't realize that. i was paying attention more on Tenga and Chidori cause i can't let such a good scene aside xD
Jun 25, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2015
Nico deserved better but overall solid series 7/10
Jun 25, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2015
I don't like the direction this show took. That romance was unnecessary and rather stupid. Nothing special, average I'd say. Nori's smile was precious tho :)
5/10
Jun 25, 2016 1:19 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm, thought Kacchon and Nori chan would become more alive after the whole incident and the Chidori/Tenga pairing still pisses me off, it was so forced but I did like seeing Chidori getting jealous at the end.
Jun 25, 2016 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
vong10 said:
Hmm, thought Kacchon and Nori chan would become more alive after the whole incident

They probably will, but gradually. Just like they showed that Katsuhira's old friends started to get their sensations back, but only little by little.
Jun 25, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
the road was bumpy but I really really liked this last episode! couldn't ask for anything better!

YUTA x MAKI is the best anime couple ever! I freaking love these two oddballs! I can't get over the fact this is all we will see of these two...

SONOZAKI is the best waifu. Seeing her get close to Katsuhira was so so satisfying! I freaking adore direct and honest kuudere-type girls and boys.

NICO is the best eccentric comedic relief character ever! she had some of the most impactful lines in this series. what can I say, she's so great.

Chidori and Tenga wore down my good nature at times, but in the end they got over their hangups and we got to see their sweet side again. Chidori was cute af.

some episodes were great and some not, but it was never boring! I think everyone should give this show a try and see if they enjoy the characters. strong 7/10 for me.
Jun 25, 2016 1:40 PM
Jun 2010
Fai said:
Finally this boredom is over.

There's a lot of it showing up in this episode, but Kiznaiver originally was intended to be an action show with typical Okada-esque melodrama, incest and all the tropes Okada loves, till director intervened because he wanted to do a "character study" instead.

What a mistake it ended up being.

Kiznaiver is a show that wants to be very profound, striking and complex, yet ends up being merely fake-pretentious with forced melodrama, typical Okada character writing and no real plot in sight. It uses the premise to forcefully have characters interact and have FEELS and problems, but it does not feel natural.

Because the show's understanding of "psychology", "emotions" and "relationships" is very juvenile and under-developed to the point that you could convince me they were thought up by 12 year old highschooler emo girl who writes edgy poems on tumblr.

The characters don't feel real or natural, the interactions are forced and pointless and take up majority of screentime. And what's more - in the ending nothing of that matters. The show spent 11 episodes repeating the same cringeworthy "WOUNDS", "PAIN", "FEELINGS", "CONNECTION" statements without actually progressing characters anywhere.

What's more, what little plot there is so spaced out that it almost feels, no, not almost feels, IT IS an excuse for characters to have highschooler understanding of DRAMA.

As a result Kiznaiver becomes this bland, almost unintelligible, forgetable experience that does not accomplish anything nor become either good or bad. Kiznaiver just IS.

The show happened. Character had forced drama. The show ended. And there's absolutely nothing I can say or feel about the characters or the show since none of that has any substance.

In the end Kiznaiver as a narrative did not acomplish anything at all. For a show about "connections" it is impossible to connect with any characters in this work as they all feel so distant and manufactured. And there's no possibility to "connect" with the storyline since it is so sparse and is barely held together by obvious plot devices that exist there to make characters talk about feelings.

If you want a good execution of the concept presented here, go watch Kokoro Connect or the western show Sense8. Don't waste your time with Kiznaiver.

5/10

THIS.

The high production values saved this anime a little more for me (especially the OP), but the story definitely didn't do it for me. The constant pounding over your head with its themes and forced relationships and pairings in the end were particularly aggravating. That shipper fanservice in the end felt especially forced and pointless.
Jun 25, 2016 1:47 PM
Aug 2015
Started out pretty bad and ended decently 7/10

HisomuxNico ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 25, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2007
How are you gonna "get your pain back" and then fall 100 ft into water with terrible form? They should be dead. Anime physics aside, this anime tries to do so much for the sake of melodramatic romance.
Jun 25, 2016 1:53 PM

Feb 2015
The ending was surprisingly cute... I didn't expect it to end like that.
Jun 25, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
Nico x Tenga is still best couple, fuck chidori, SHE AIN'T A LIGHTING BALL@!!
Jun 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Sep 2014
While I absolutely love the themes this show explores, the execution was heavily lacking. Lame plot, weak characters. Maki's 2 episode arc was the only thing I liked about it.
Jun 25, 2016 2:00 PM

Sep 2015
i mean overall the lasp ep was alright, nothing special and i still hate sonozaki and i could have predicted the outcome, but let me just say; the sweetest fucking part of the whole show was the last scene with maki and yuta
;n;
honestly the best ship in the show. she loves him so much let me die

also nico and chidori deserve better. especially nico
i do sort of agree that the chidorixtenga pairing does seem a little forced but imo with their history in the rest of the show i feel that chidori had at least slight lingering feelings for him anyways. which was especially hard to notice since she was so focused on kacchon, but as soon as i saw them walking together on the camp episode it was an immediate ship for me.
now, nicoxtenga on the other hand is what seemed really forced to me. like ???where did that come from??? she's too good for him

MeganeLime said:

HisomuxNico ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

^i'm glad i'm not the only one who was thinking that
he accepts her for the wack-job she is
i'm so in

as for kacchonxnoriko
meh
i mean, sure they have history and they love eachother blah blah blah and i guess they could be kinda cute, but they just seem too emotionless and bland for them to really be an interesting couple to me

i need more
@ trigger make a movie
or a spin-off

or another season

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Jun 25, 2016 2:09 PM

Nov 2014
Caffeine said:

i mean, sure they have history and they love eachother blah blah blah and i guess they could be kinda cute, but they just seem too emotionless and bland for them to really be an interesting couple to me

sonozaki x katsuhira are for people with refined tastes only. these two have emotions like other people, they simply don't put up any facades like others (and generally disregard the social dogma of normies). theirs is a pure love indeed. that is why I cheer for them.
Jun 25, 2016 2:11 PM

Dec 2015
I LOVED IT AND IM SO SAD THAT IT ENDED :((((((
even tho my Chidori X Katsuhira ship didn't sail im okay with it because Chidori was happy and that is all i care about, plus the Chidori X Tenga ship has just sailed.
10/10 for me <333
Jun 25, 2016 2:21 PM
Aug 2012
Well that sure was a roller coaster of emotions. I really liked all of the character designs. The part with the lab kids made me feel super anxious. I always enjoy anime that makes me feel a lot of things. I also enjoyed the setting which was the main reason I started watching it. The Maki arc was amazing. I really wish the series would've been longer, at least 13 episodes or something.

The music wasn't anything special for me, the OP was reeeally good though. The ED's singer had an annoying voice.
I would've liked to know more about some of the main cast, especially Hisomu. He seemed to be there to just be some eye candy for the viewers. I still liked him a lot and plan on cosplaying him in the near future!

8/10
mosaicvirusJun 25, 2016 2:54 PM
Jun 25, 2016 2:27 PM
Dec 2014
Welp, the ending was stupid. Not Charlotte levels of stupid, but still stupid. I mean like all Sonozaki needed to do was release everyone's pain and BOOM her white haired friends all become normal once again. Instead she planned to take everyone's pain and turn everyone in a white haired zombie with no emotions, what?

Despite all the stupidity, I loved Honoka admitting that she likes Yuta (best pair IMO). Agata and Sonozaki ending was nice too, I just wished she had a bigger smile in that last scene.

And I really didn't give a single crap about Tenga&Chidori. One started out with the potential to be the best bro, but turned out to be a musclehead that hits before he thinks. Don't get me started how he thinks he had the right to beat up Agata, can't even appologize properly and still acts like the victim. I'm sad that Chidori started out being so great, but even despite the last 2 episodes I still view her as shallow bimbo. I guess those too deserve each other. The saddest part is Nico is far too awesome to be dragged in that forced love triangle.
Jun 25, 2016 2:29 PM

Sep 2015
Tiemuuu said:

sonozaki x katsuhira are for people with refined tastes only. these two have emotions like other people, they simply don't put up any facades like others (and generally disregard the social dogma of normies). theirs is a pure love indeed. that is why I cheer for them.

i agree they have a pure love but to me it just seemed like it was lacking a lot of real depth because they're both so expressionless. of course they have a more "refined" relationship because they were practically adolescent robots. i know they're just learning how to feel again and they're learning how to really understand eachother, and i know the love is there, because it was there in the past as well, but when you have these characters that are so similar and lack so much emotion, i find it hard to really get into.

that's another reason why i desperately want there to be some sort of continuation, i want to see more of them interacting now that they can actually feel, so i can like them as a couple. because i do like their relationship to an extent, i just find it hard for me to enjoy their connection.

honestly though, the same problems occur in all of the other relationships too, i feel like as a whole and as a group they have a fantastic connection and i love their friendship, but separately and in couples i just feel like it lacks in that department and they aren't very personal one on one.

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Jun 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
So after all the talk of saving her friends, Nori-chan was hogging all their pain which caused them to be veggies??? And just dishing out pain, they turned to normal????? Then why build such a grandiose plan of world peace and friendship, when they don't even know that friends are made through interaction, whether you kizna'ed them or lock them together in a cell, ultimately talking or sharing conversations are what gravitate them to acquaint them and become friends.
Jun 25, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2007
cavr said:
That shipper fanservice in the end felt especially forced and pointless.

Considering majority of posts here are "OMGOMG MUH SHIP SAILED THE FEEEELS", its blatantly obvious what kind of mentality the show targeted.
Jun 25, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2013
Well this ended up being a clusterfuck

Everything was so rushed in the end. The relationships weren't built to their full extent except ex fat kid and depressed chick

Oh well didn't expect much from this anyhow
Jun 25, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2015
Can't say that was a great ending, but guess I'm ok with it. Definitely not as good as Mari Okada's other works (AnoHana, NagiAsu), but it had its fair share of moments and "feels". Wished it was a 2-cour, but oh well.... I enjoyed it (especially the second half) nonetheless. 8/10.

Jun 25, 2016 2:46 PM

Sep 2015
rinneganfire4u said:
So after all the talk of saving her friends, Nori-chan was hogging all their pain which caused them to be veggies??? And just dishing out pain, they turned to normal????? Then why build such a grandiose plan of world peace and friendship, when they don't even know that friends are made through interaction, whether you kizna'ed them or lock them together in a cell, ultimately talking or sharing conversations are what gravitate them to acquaint them and become friends.

its not that she was hogging it per-se,
like stated in the show, whatever went wrong as a child and she ended up receiving so much more of everyone's pain to begin with, and there was nothing to be done but numb her, so even after the whole event of the child-kizunas was over i guess she was still holding on to everyone else's pain, even though she couldn't feel it herself-because she was getting treatments for it continuously. if she can't feel the pain, no one else could either.
(hence why katsuhira couldn't feel anything either, he was still "inside" of her while she was getting these treatments, as were the other kids)
and once she understood friendship and companionship, she finally realized that even without the kiznaiver system there could be bonds, and she never knew that before; because she was all alone before she turned into a kizuna. she thought the only way people could bond was to be kiznaivers. so when she finally realized the truth, she let go of her beliefs, and she let go of everyone else's pain.

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Jun 25, 2016 2:48 PM

Oct 2015
The best thing about this show was the opening theme song and the animation. Apart from that I only really found half of the episodes interesting 6/10.
Jun 25, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2016
I felt like ending was a bit rushed it could've been better if it had 13 episodes instead of 12 still it was an enyoable ride.My favorite characters are definitely Hisomu and Nico not because they are the most unique characters but because they helped others so much.Seriously if there weren't them it may have taken an eternity to conclude all these madness.
Jun 25, 2016 3:04 PM
Nov 2010
I watched for Nico and with that I am not dissappointed. Nico IMO made this anime far better
Jun 25, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2014
Too bad for Nico :/ Still a fun series overall.
Jun 25, 2016 3:27 PM

Mar 2015
Great concept
Good promises
Fine Characters
Bad Execution

Jun 25, 2016 3:41 PM
Feb 2016
I really loved the ending. This is not the best anime but it's def on my top 50 at least, the ending was a bit predictable and I was honestly waiting for a death, my bets where on Katsuhira or Nori dying after Nori's redemption, well, I was proved wrong!

Those flash backs, the subtitle symbolism between the images and some of the MC's words were simply beautiful.

Ultimately "Kiznaiver" shined where it promised to shine, it's a beautiful story about bonds, about how they can easily be formed and how they can easily be broken, about friendship and of course about letting go.

I'm just sad that at the end there was no kiss, which would have made that scene more memorable - I blame Eastern culture for that. But I'll never forget that robotic conversation between Kachan and Nori-chan and how funny yet cute they looked while sharing their thoughts.
Jun 25, 2016 3:51 PM
Jun 2016
Well at least it looks pretty
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

193 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.