Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2016 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
EatMyAss123 said:
The Doctor or whatever that was with Kurusu mentioned that the syringe effect will only be brief so i don't understand why the MC didn't wait until he get there to use it instead of using it at that moment.

The answer is quite simple: Drama, Baby, Drama.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 24, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2014
Damn Mumei became one like Horobi.
Ikoma...look so pathetic and all he do is cry everywhere.
Well, at least he got a power up finally.
Jun 24, 2016 8:45 AM
Oct 2010
lightXTC said:
Me when I first started watching this anime:
This might actually be a half decent show. High hopes don't let me down!
*finishes watching up to the end of episode 11 of Koutetsujou no Kabaneri*
Sh**, everything has gone to sh**!
Not looking forward to the final episode at all.

Go ***k yourself.

CodeBlazeFate said:
Darklight0303 said:

I've given up on the trash that is the MAL episode discussion. There's no discussion to be had here unless you join in the bandwagon of hate or nitpicking

And the truth has been spoken! Almost no one gives any episode any credit anymore, and yes, this series has some low points, and yes, the story isn't as great, but the characters are decent, the artstyle is amazing, the action is cool, the music is a prefect couple for this show, and it's still a fun and epic ride despite its problems, even if you look at all the problems despite the epic tone. YES! Episode 9 kinda sucked, but this and episode 10 got better! No one gives it any credit, saying it became instant trash by episode 6. This show gets more hate than shows with 6.50 or lower!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!?!

yeah.... MAL rating is not accurrate anymore..
IMDB and amazon is better, cuz no haters over there

This anime sure have its up and down...
just like every 1980's anime... which is why the art and the plot is beautifully match
moncikomaJun 24, 2016 9:05 AM
Jun 24, 2016 8:50 AM

Oct 2014
LOL... i didn't know Ikoma is handsome when he cut his hair hahaha.
Jun 24, 2016 9:09 AM
Sep 2014
moncikoma said:
lightXTC said:
Me when I first started watching this anime:
This might actually be a half decent show. High hopes don't let me down!
*finishes watching up to the end of episode 11 of Koutetsujou no Kabaneri*
Sh**, everything has gone to sh**!
Not looking forward to the final episode at all.

Go ***k yourself.

CodeBlazeFate said:

And the truth has been spoken! Almost no one gives any episode any credit anymore, and yes, this series has some low points, and yes, the story isn't as great, but the characters are decent, the artstyle is amazing, the action is cool, the music is a prefect couple for this show, and it's still a fun and epic ride despite its problems, even if you look at all the problems despite the epic tone. YES! Episode 9 kinda sucked, but this and episode 10 got better! No one gives it any credit, saying it became instant trash by episode 6. This show gets more hate than shows with 6.50 or lower!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!?!

yeah.... MAL rating is not accurrate anymore..
IMDB and amazon is better, cuz no haters over there

Its ironic cause its coming from someone who gave the show a 10/10 and has a profile picture of kabaneri..
Arent you a bit too subjective? The writing become so bad and maybe u yourself know it too but couldnt accept that.
Man, i dont think ppl will take ur opinion seriously seeing its coming from a die hard kabaneri fan.
Jun 24, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2011
Darklight0303 said:

I've given up on the trash that is the MAL episode discussion. There's no discussion to be had here unless you join in the bandwagon of hate or nitpicking

Should see the rioting over one character in the Re: Zero thread. Somehow a main heroine doing moe shit for 80% still makes her out to be a proper main character.

DatRandomDude said:
Everything went downhill since Biba appeared.

Pretty much, characters got dumber, nonsense happened and it started to get stale.
QWERTYFish25Jun 24, 2016 10:57 AM
Jun 24, 2016 9:16 AM
Oct 2010
bubblin said:
Its ironic cause its coming from someone who gave the show a 10/10 and has a profile picture of kabaneri..
Arent you a bit too subjective? The writing become so bad and maybe u yourself know it too but couldnt accept that.
Man, i dont think ppl will take ur opinion seriously seeing its coming from a die hard kabaneri fan.

well i dont want to rate it 10..
acttually its just flat 8 for me, maybe 7.9
i have to.. because too many haters, which is why we need lovers
so its fair ... and balanced

8.0 is quite mediocore by MAL standard..
i must give it a solid 10 or the score will go down like 7

--
okay... ep 11 kabaneri... makes me want to see someone cosplaying as.
SUPER SAIYAN STEAM KOMA...! his FINAL FORM is as EPIC as GOKU 1ST SUPER SAIYAN! ...
another cliffhanger with countless Plot holes..but still epic

1 more episode.. and i will miss this anime FOREVER
glad i already preorder all the bluray..
not a regret
thx u tetsuro, fuck u ichiro...but still.....
both of u're doing a pretty good job..
not Original, or Amazing.... but admirably pretty Good for this episode..
‪#‎StudioWit‬ ‪#‎kabaneri‬

AND YES IMN A FUCKING KABANERD!
moncikomaJun 24, 2016 9:25 AM
Jun 24, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
Darklight0303 said:

Cause the armchair critics and trolls found an easy target to nitpick down to the bone even though they give their precious favorites ample free passes for their mistakes. Pathetic

*SIGH* This, aside from Asterisk War season 2, Big Order, and Mayogia, is literally the only show people savagely pick on, on a minutely to tri-minutely basis. People would rather pick on this show everyday than pick on an even worse show for ONE REVIEW!!!

One thing this show surprised me on is how good it looks. Since episode 4 has some odd bits, I thought this show's art quality would get increasingly worse as it went on, but it actually stayed around the same level of detail and quality.

If you still see trollers and nitpickers up till episode 11 then they are sticking with this anime for a single reason namely:

AWESOME ART-STYLE ANIMATION AND COOL ACTION

...Which is undeniable. Unfortunately some of us are having a hard time with the extreme contrast between the awesome animation and shitty plot. So to compensate that void we tend to treat the story as comedy to gain the most viewing experience. Also the other shitty animes mentioned this season are simply ignored.
Jun 24, 2016 9:33 AM
Sep 2014
moncikoma said:
bubblin said:

acttually its just flat 8 for me
so its fair ...

Frankly, i dont understand your reasoning. Its just justifying how bad your bias is.
Either way, i think a die hard fanboy is just as bad as a hater.
Both were blindly judge the show subjectively and would stick to their opinion no matter what happens
Please dont complain about haters if you yourself is as bias as them.
Jun 24, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
Diuturnus said:
Shogun: "Be on alert for Biba and his rebellion."
Servant: "Sir, there is a train that wants in, it has Biba on it."
Shogun: "Let it in."

At least they are consistent with the retarded gate keepers thing. Remember the First episode? In broad daylight they strictly prohibited the train from entering first then let's them in after security check. But in the middle of the night they immediately lower the bridge at a speeding train filled with kabane........Logic!
Jun 24, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
Meh boring episode, I'm really tired of those type of shows, they never change and next time I'm going to follow my instincts and don't even start watching those type of shows because it is simple a waste of time. Nothing new comes from such shows, it is always the same stereotyped characters, predictable stories, shallow development and I could go on for hours.

I give up, I can't wait to finish this mess and to do not expect anything good from Wit Studio from now on, I had enough with SnK and Owari already.
Jun 24, 2016 9:51 AM
Oct 2010
bubblin said:
moncikoma said:

if i had to describe kabaneri in 4 words "beauty in the mundane"
acttually its just flat 8 for me
so its fair ...

Frankly, i dont understand your reasoning. Its just justifying how bad your bias is.
Both were blindly judge the show subjectively and would stick to their opinion no matter what happens

i understand... but my score is pretty honest.. LOL

ep 1 : 10/10 MASTERPIECE
ep 2 : 10/10 MASTERPIECE
ep 3 : 8/10
ep 4 10/10 CANON
ep 5 : 8/10
ep 6 : 9/10 CANON
ep 7 : 8/10 CANON *only if u attached to the chara
ep 8 : 6.5/10
ep 9 : 5/10
ep 10 : 7/10
ep 11 : 8/10

OVERALL a decent 8.1
if i had to describe kabaneri in 4 words "beauty in the mundane"

Jonny_Mhl said:
Meh boring episode, I'm really tired of those type of shows, they never change and next time I'm going to follow my instincts and don't even start watching those type of shows because it is simple a waste of time. Nothing new comes from such shows, it is always the same stereotyped characters, predictable stories, shallow development and I could go on for hours.

I give up, I can't wait to finish this mess and to do not expect anything good from Wit Studio from now on, I had enough with SnK and Owari already.

pretty sad that u suffer..

guess THIS anime is just meant for people like me...
honestly..this anime is once in a lifetime exp if u are haruhiko mikimoto or 1980's anime fanboy.. just like me ..
im so lucky.. :)

moncikomaJun 24, 2016 10:40 AM
Jun 24, 2016 10:21 AM

Jun 2016
ikoma stylish hairstyles.LOL

Jun 24, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2009
moncikoma said:
bubblin said:

i understand... but my score is pretty honest.. LOL

ep 1 : 10/10 MASTERPIECE
ep 2 : 10/10 MASTERPIECE
ep 3 : 8/10
ep 4 10/10 CANON
ep 5 : 8/10
ep 6 : 9/10 CANON
ep 7 : 8/10 CANON *only if u attached to the chara
ep 8 : 6.5/10
ep 9 : 5/10
ep 10 : 7/10
ep 11 : 8/10

OVERALL a decent 8.1

Jonny_Mhl said:

pretty sad that u suffer..
guess THIS anime is just meant for people like me...
honestly..this anime is once in a lifetime exp if u are haruhiko mikimoto or 1980's anime fanboy.. just like me ..
im so lucky.. :)

Nice backup account mate, who is it? Ohhhhh let me guess: Darklight0303? Phoebe3315?

Not my fault if you have shitty taste and is biased enough to defend all the flaws the show has since the first episode.
Jun 24, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
I refuse to believe Takumi died...Whyyyy ;w; #denial

They're trying so hard to portray Biba as a "victim", but in my eyes he's just a crazy person. Why would you want to kill everyone but the strong, when the only one who ever did something to you was your dad...

I'm so excited for next week's episode ! Ikoma just gained multiple levels of badassness at once ! Maybe he'll save Mumei, but will die instead ?

Jun 24, 2016 10:56 AM

May 2015
That ending scene was epic as fuck. I'm diggin' Ikoma's new hairstyle. Time to see this beast in action on the final episode. Can't wait. Hopefully the finale will be decent. And that ED was so good as well.

Jun 24, 2016 11:00 AM

May 2016
No! Bad show! Don't you fucking dare to try and get good at the very end!

Nuh-uh, it doesn't work like that. It's a weak 3/10 and I can't imagine the last episode would be able to change that.
It'd have to pull a reverse Gakkou Gurashi for that to happen.

And I would stand up and applaud if that happened.
Jun 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
kamisama751 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Oh, God. The response to the Attack on Titan bit made me laugh my ass off. Sorry for the late response. It just aggravates me how people over accentuate the problems of the show and say what literally everyone else sais. At least you have some new and detailed things to say regarding the problems on the show instead of soley focusing on one moment and being "that's the episode ladies and gentlemen" . I can see where you're coming from though. However, I do feel it makes sense why people panick during apocalypse situations. However, I DO find it upsetting how people can be such dicks to one another in things like the early episodes of Kabeneri, and the middle part of a Terminator Salvation. I found the second rebuttal a bit irrelevant but even still, I guess your right that we don't really have much to connect with when it comes to some of the major characters. However, I do stand by the face that some adults in the show are more rational and level headed than people make them out to be. Hell, despite how stupid and horrible Biba's actions are, he's rather level headed and not panicky like many redshirt randos are. For the last point, I was arguing that people like the Kabaneri are justifyably feared by people due to the traits they share with the Kabane, ableit it is upsetting just how much of s dick some of these people are to the Kabaneri and how much more gratifying it is to see at least a few people in the show willing to show friendship and respect, especially over the course of the series. Forgive how long this was. I was just letting loose some pent up frustration I had with the Kabaneri forums for the past month and a half.

Got try using this next time:

And you need to know that I caused all this. ;)

That last part's debatable. Coming back to some of the posts after your last post (sorry for the late reply again), it seems that at least there is some hope for these forums...

Man, if you found all those flaws here, you'll have a BALL with Gundam 00 2nd season. I found 57 flaws there, and any repeating flaws I lumped into one and mentioned how many times I counted them. Added up to 85.

Also, that enter key makes a strong point.
Jun 24, 2016 11:02 AM

May 2013
Wow, that was one shitty plan by Biba from start to finish... and it actually worked 'because plot!'.

Also he officially reached the point of 'being evil for the sake of being evil'. He had already succeded with his whole ambition when his father was killed. Why also releasing Kabaneri into the city for no good reason? That was just - Let's just fuck it up for everyone because 'fuck you, that's why'. Even then I kinda get it for him, because he is a psycho and all but what do the other's gain from following their 'great leader'? Absolutely nothing, that's what. There are about to create a shitty world not worth living in for anyone.

This series was so much better and more interesting before introducing [stereotypcial handsome villian].
DancingJackJun 24, 2016 11:05 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 24, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
TheBigGuy said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
People always complain about how simple the plot is and how it's more battle heavy and decision heavy that character or twist heavy, yet NO ONE complains about Attack on Titan's writing having the EXACT SAME TYPE OF WRITING PEOPLE BITCH AS THIS SHOW OVER!!!!! And I like Attack on Titan, but don't put one show on a pedistol for being battle and decision heavy and call this show garbage for the exact same reason!

Don't get me wrong: I like this show. The art, animation and soundtrack are great. That's why I'm so disappointed. I find the characters likeable. And I don't see anyone trashing the show. The main complaints are:

1. Ikoma, who was usually strong and smart, became weak and pathetic all of a sudden. Which is true.

2. Biba is a bad villain. He was introduced to late. Which is also true.

And the actions of him and his hunters make little to no sense.

And just for the record: I think Attack on Titan is far worse than Kabaneri.

Edit: maybe some people went overboard with their criticism, but being blindly apologetic is not much better.

Really? Most of the posts I've seen are along the lines of "this show is the worst of the season/disappointing and overrated piece of crap that I'd rather watch Mayogia and Big order" well, maybe not THAT far, but you get the point. Besides, some of the issues people like me and @zal brought to light about the possible double standards in these Kabaneri forums are why I made my above post to begin with.

Personally, I found Ikoma to be the best character in the show. Plus, this episode gives him some development in the form of his grief over his best friend causing him to be in despair for a day until being forced to suck it up and finally become a man he can be proud of. Besides. Could be worse. Could be the Hyper Beam from episode 9.
Jun 24, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2016
Baka-Hiru said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

*SIGH* This, aside from Asterisk War season 2, Big Order, and Mayogia, is literally the only show people savagely pick on, on a minutely to tri-minutely basis. People would rather pick on this show everyday than pick on an even worse show for ONE REVIEW!!!

One thing this show surprised me on is how good it looks. Since episode 4 has some odd bits, I thought this show's art quality would get increasingly worse as it went on, but it actually stayed around the same level of detail and quality.

If you still see trollers and nitpickers up till episode 11 then they are sticking with this anime for a single reason namely:

AWESOME ART-STYLE ANIMATION AND COOL ACTION

...Which is undeniable. Unfortunately some of us are having a hard time with the extreme contrast between the awesome animation and shitty plot. So to compensate that void we tend to treat the story as comedy to gain the most viewing experience. Also the other shitty animes mentioned this season are simply ignored.

Personally, I didn't find the plot to be that bad, but eh. It's unfortunate that trolls go so far for so long, but the extreme amount of nigh-unanimous negativity in these forums is so great, the people behind it throw it at each other almost as much as the show that they hate.
Jun 24, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
TheBigGuy said:

Don't get me wrong: I like this show. The art, animation and soundtrack are great. That's why I'm so disappointed. I find the characters likeable. And I don't see anyone trashing the show. The main complaints are:

1. Ikoma, who was usually strong and smart, became weak and pathetic all of a sudden. Which is true.

2. Biba is a bad villain. He was introduced to late. Which is also true.

And the actions of him and his hunters make little to no sense.

And just for the record: I think Attack on Titan is far worse than Kabaneri.

Edit: maybe some people went overboard with their criticism, but being blindly apologetic is not much better.

Really? Most of the posts I've seen are along the lines of "this show is the worst of the season/disappointing and overrated piece of crap that I'd rather watch Mayogia and Big order" well, maybe not THAT far, but you get the point. Besides, some of the issues people like me and @zal brought to light about the possible double standards in these Kabaneri forums are why I made my above post to begin with.

Personally, I found Ikoma to be the best character in the show. Plus, this episode gives him some development in the form of his grief over his best friend causing him to be in despair for a day until being forced to suck it up and finally become a man he can be proud of. Besides. Could be worse. Could be the Hyper Beam from episode 9.
I think you are mistaking something, it wasn't my intention to point out double standards but what made you think I did?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2015
moncikoma said:
bubblin said:

acttually its just flat 8 for me, maybe 7.9
so its fair ... and balanced

i must give it a solid 10 or the score will go down like 7

--
okay... ep 11 kabaneri... makes me want to see someone cosplaying as.
SUPER SAIYAN STEAM KOMA...! his FINAL FORM is as EPIC as GOKU 1ST SUPER SAIYAN! ...
another cliffhanger with countless Plot holes..but still epic

1 more episode.. and i will miss this anime FOREVER
glad i already preorder all the bluray..
not a regret
thx u tetsuro, fuck u ichiro...but still.....
both of u're doing a pretty good job..
not Original, or Amazing.... but admirably pretty Good for this episode..
‪#‎StudioWit‬ ‪#‎kabaneri‬

AND YES IMN A FUCKING KABANERD!

I will probably rate it ten if the ending in the last episode is good since there aren't really any anime out there about zombie apocalyse unless you count school girls with big bazoogas fighing zombies (high school of the dead) which is too ecchi to be taken seriously or moe girls vs zombies (gakkougurashi) which is too kawaii to be terrified of.

This show does get a lot of hate agreeably for just one episode (9)
Jun 24, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2016
zal said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I think you are mistaking something, it wasn't my intention to point out double standards but what made you think I did?

Kabaneri episode 10 forum post 318. Well that was more a response to @Darklight0303 , but I digress. It felt so cathartic.
CodeBlazeFateJun 24, 2016 12:02 PM
Jun 24, 2016 11:24 AM

Oct 2015
Loved the episode especially that moment bibas father got shot multiple times. Plus Ikomas power up moment at the end of the episode is just pure epicness and hype
Jun 24, 2016 11:29 AM

May 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
zal said:

Kabaneri episode 10 forum post 318. Well that was more a response to @Darknight0033 , but I digress. It felt so cathartic.
I wasn't exactly saying anything about double standards but it was funny even for me how the tables have turned from the complainers being the minority to a sudden majority after the giant Kabane and Biba, quite amusing. However this is not really double standards but change of heart or even betrayal if you want to put it in a more dramatic way. BTW it is Darklight0303 not 0033, so if you want to send him the notification you should edit it.
For me despite all the flaws and not appealing characters, if the show had good action it would have gotten a 6/7 as a good popcorn anime like bungou stray dogs. Since it fails to deliver (imo) in its core element then the show can't get a good rating from me. This episode was better from most of the others just for the last few minutes because it exceeded my expectations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
CodeBlazeFate said:
People always complain about how simple the plot is and how it's more battle heavy and decision heavy that character or twist heavy, yet NO ONE complains about Attack on Titan's writing having the EXACT SAME TYPE OF WRITING PEOPLE BITCH AS THIS SHOW OVER!!!!! And I like Attack on Titan, but don't put one show on a pedistol for being battle and decision heavy and call this show garbage for the exact same reason!
People don't complain about Attack on Titan here because it's the Kabaneri subforum, for one.
And second, well... it's because the two shows do not have the same type of writing at all. There are many similarities between them and they do share a lot of the same flaws, but these are mostly due to the team behind both Kabaneri and AoT being pretty much identical. Other than that, Okouchi and Isayama approach their respective premise in a very different way: while Isayama decided to explore the mysteries behind the titans and the history of the world he created, Okouchi on the other hand chose to focus on human drama, with the apocalyptic setting working in service of said drama, rather than the contrary (like AoT).

The elements of Kabaneri that most people in the discussion thread are complaining about have little to no applicability to AoT: this is why you don't see anyone bringing it up.

zal said:
BTW it is Darklight0303 not 0033, so if you want to send him the notification you should edit it.
Funny how CodeBlaze-kun also mispelled it Darknight, considering how zealous and dedicated he's been about defending the show's honour on this subforum since the start of the season.
SapewlothJun 24, 2016 12:22 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 24, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2015
Sapewloth said:
zal said:
BTW it is Darklight0303 not 0033, so if you want to send him the notification you should edit it.
Funny how CodeBlaze-kun also mispelled it Darknight, considered how zealous and dedicated he's been about defending the show's honour on this subforum since the start of the season.
lol, he is the fan this show needs but not the one it deserves.

Have you visited fairy tail's manga subforum? He does the same there too xD. I dared to say that the new power-up in FT are coming left and right like in Bleach and he unbanned me for a moment just to say that at least FT art is not shit XD
Jun 24, 2016 12:05 PM

Apr 2016
zal said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Kabaneri episode 10 forum post 318. Well that was more a response to @Darknight0033 , but I digress. It felt so cathartic.
I wasn't exactly saying anything about double standards but it was funny even for me how the tables have turned from the complainers being the minority to a sudden majority after the giant Kabane and Biba, quite amusing. However this is not really double standards but change of heart or even betrayal if you want to put it in a more dramatic way. BTW it is Darklight0303 not 0033, so if you want to send him the notification you should edit it.
For me despite all the flaws and not appealing characters, if the show had good action it would have gotten a 6/7 as a good popcorn anime like bungou stray dogs. Since it fails to deliver (imo) in its core element then the show can't get a good rating from me. This episode was better from most of the others just for the last few minutes because it exceeded my expectations.

I fixed it finally. But yeah, I think we all got a kick out of it.

Average commenter on these forums=Biba
Kojetsuou no Kabaneri=That poor town in episode 9
Jun 24, 2016 12:05 PM

Apr 2016
Sapewloth said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
People don't complain about Attack on Titan here because it's the the Kabaneri subforum, for one.
And second, well... it's because the two shows do not have the same type of writing at all. There are many similarities between them and they do share a lot of the same flaws, but these are mostly due to the team behind both Kabaneri and AoT is pretty much identical. Other than that, Okouchi and Isayama approach their respective premise in a very different way: while Isayama decided to explore the mysteries behind the titans and the history of the world he created, Okouchi on the other hand chose to focus on human drama, with the apocalyptic setting working in service of said drama, rather than the contrary (like AoT).

The elements of Kabaneri that most people in the discussion thread are complaining have little to no applicability to AoT: this is why you don't see anyone bringing it up.

zal said:
Funny how CodeBlaze-kun also mispelled it Darknight, considered how zealous and dedicated he's been about defending the show's honour on this subforum since the start of the season.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed now.
Jun 24, 2016 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
Even Shogun's station was no challenge LUL. He knew Biba plans something , those bodyguards could have shot at Biba quick and that's it I think.

I'm somewhat sad that Ikoma will go into fight not as himself.. but as some modified human( or even kabane idk). Just shows us that he is weak himself. The opposite of what we thought in the beginning.. That he's strong and determined guy.

Now if most of the characters die in the final episode.. Which is somewhat going this way , this shall be end to whole story. And as for the show with such theme , just 12 episodes doesn't seem right for me. Won't we get any backstory on Kabanes or something ?
Jun 24, 2016 12:15 PM
Mar 2015
OrangeJP said:
Ikoma becoming even more badass holy shit

Lol. They just a copy of the moment when Eren is Berserk mode
http://pa1.narvii.com/5804/8ac8e92092775b233ad0fe1dd7179362e39a97f1_hq.gif

This anime don't deserve more than 4/10 just thanks to ost but even that is copy of SnK ...

Edit: a bad copy of SnK
NoGame_NoLifeJun 24, 2016 12:18 PM
Jun 24, 2016 12:26 PM

Jun 2015
The last scene was EPIC!
Jun 24, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
I think this series needed to have more episodes.
Biba character is just not really fleshed out enough.
I don't really get it, Biba's backstory is enough to explain why he wants to kill his father.
But it doesn't explain the senseless killing of all those people.
Jun 24, 2016 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
oh cool hes gonna turn into a titan lol jk
Jun 24, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2014
This episode in a nutshell

And of course it turns out that the shogun is an obnoxious twat, just like everybody else in this series – except for the American dude –, no wonder his son is such a pretentious son of a whore (BOHO DADDY COMPLEX, never seen than one before)

Really? They couldn't even bother to explain how the fuck Ikoma AKA Mr. Plot Armor ended up on that beach or where the samurai guy (whose name I've already forgotten) has been the last three-four episodes? Oh wait, never mind, showing us four-five minutes of mindless slaughter and gore porn footage is apparently much more important!

Blatant SnK rip off power up is blatant. Time for studio Wit to stop producing action anime originals? I mean, this is only their first action anime original and they're already doing their best to rip SnK off in every way possible

This show isn't just ass cancer at its point, it's an ASS CANCER EPIDEMIC

0/5 for this episode and 1/10 for this anime (wow I can't believe they actually made me drop the score all the way down to a 1/10)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 24, 2016 12:53 PM
Feb 2015
This ep ended so intensely! Last ep better follow through, I hope everyone (biba, mumei, & ikoma) dies bc at this point they've all disappointed me with their actions... If mumei isnt dead at the end of this I'm gonna be v disappointed, I'm so tired of her 😒
Jun 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2010
I can't understand you people. How exactly no liking something for valid reasons makes you a hater? It seems that nowadays, everyone that does not comply with the other's views or preferences, or doesn't kiss the ass of every single thing is a hater.

Most of the time, the things in question are very subjective, especially when it comes to entertainment products, so just because someone didn't fell in love with the product as you did, and has issues with it, does not mean that he is a hater.

The biggest problems I have with Kabaneri are with its story, characters and progression. There are barely any characters of note, not even one of them is standing out, or is something that I have not seen in other animes. To be honest, the train crew is more interesting than the main cast. Mumei becomes stupider with each episode, especially in episode 10 where she could have played it smart, agree to Biba's order, and betray them only when she was with the Koutetsujou crew. But hey, you can't make drama without stupid people.

Ikoma was promising at the beginning, but he quickly turned into a generic protagonist that does not surprise at all.

Biba is probably the worst villan I`ve seen in quite a while, he basically is evil just because the plot demands to, this episode was the perfect example of that. He had no motive after the shogun was dead, we have no backstory on how exactly he became like this, or how exactly he earned the respect of so many people who are perfectly comfortable with genocide. His plans only worked because the plot demanded of the other characters to be stupid. There is no depth to his character at all, there is nothing interesting to his character at all.

Regarding story and progression, I can't understand how the writer, considering that it's an original, and knows how many episodes he'll have, decided to write it like this. The pacing really hurt the progression because he had to fit a whole arc in just a few episodes in the second part, which resulted in a rushed mess. They should have kept the first half more brief if they really wanted to do this "Overlord wants to destroy everything" thing. Most of the story was filled with clichees or really, really convenient situations [ the most obvious one being right in this episode : Ikoma falling in to the ocean, and surprisingly meeting with the a totally random person who happens to have a totally random serum that gives our hero a needed power-up].
Zalmox1sJun 24, 2016 1:04 PM
Jun 24, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
As almost always, most hyped show in the season is the biggest disappointment. Well, maybe 'disappointment' is a bad word, I knew from the beginning how it will be directed. I'm not bored, but I don't think that something will happen that make me raise my 5/10 rating.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 24, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
Zalmox1s said:
I can't understand you people. How exactly no liking something for valid reasons makes you a hater? It seems that nowadays, everyone that does not comply with the other's views or preferences, or doesn't kiss the ass of every single thing is a hater.

Most of the time, the things in question are very subjective, especially when it comes to entertainment products, so just because someone didn't fell in love with the product as you did, and has issues with it, does not mean that he is a hater.

The biggest problems I have with Kabaneri are with its story, characters and progression. There are barely any characters of note, not even one of them is standing out, or is something that I have not seen in other animes. To be honest, the train crew is more interesting than the main cast. Mumei becomes stupider with each episode, especially in episode 10 where she could have played it smart, agree to Biba's order, and betray them only when she was with the Koutetsujou crew. But hey, you can't make drama without stupid people.

Ikoma was promising at the beginning, but he quickly turned into a generic protagonist that does not surprise at all.

Biba is probably the worst villan I`ve seen in quite a while, he basically is evil just because the plot demands to, this episode was the perfect example of that. He had no motive after the shogun was dead, we have no backstory on how exactly he became like this, or how exactly he earned the respect of so many people who are perfectly comfortable with genocide. His plans only worked because the plot demanded of the other characters to be stupid. There is no depth to his character at all, there is nothing interesting to his character at all.

Regarding story and progression, I can't understand how the writer, considering that it's an original, and knows how many episodes he'll have, decided to write it like this. The pacing really hurt the progression because he had to fit a whole arc in just a few episodes in the second part, which resulted in a rushed mess. They should have kept the first half more brief if they really wanted to do this "Overlord wants to destroy everything" thing. Most of the story was filled with clichees or really, really convenient situations [ the most obvious one being right in this episode : Ikoma falling in to the ocean, and surprisingly meeting with the a totally random person who happens to have a totally random serum that gives our hero a needed power-up].

I mean everything you just said pretty much defines a hater xd but you do you man, dont watch it and stuff and people do their own thing :P
Jun 24, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2015
This is so predictable. Biba is such a hypocrite and very awful antagonist.
Jun 24, 2016 1:29 PM

Jun 2015
kamisama751 said:
Wonderland-aries said:

I mean everything you just said pretty much defines a hater xd but you do you man, dont watch it and stuff and people do their own thing :P

No? That is criticism. Haters are like this: I hate this show just because.

Ok cooooooooooool

if i dislike an anime i dont go out of my way to post and complain on the forums like the author even give a shit what the western audience think. Although this is the discussion forum so you do you man xd
Jun 24, 2016 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
Rofl this anime is a trainwreck.
Jun 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2015
Cause a panic huh ? pretty simple i see.
let's put character personality aside, that fcikng ending is so badass and cool imo. best scene ever from this anime. i really like that alot. a true combination between Kabane and Human. i was about to say Zombie and Human but that is not a zombie unfortunately.

let's go back to the character. i think the character problem finally reached it's conclusion. and i think it make sense for me that ikoma to get really despressed by Takumi's death. and i make sense to me too that Ikoma got mad and want more power at the end after hearing about mumei. but i still think the reason for biba to do all of that and moreover his father to kill a certain person in this episode like that, it's really stupid and messed up mind. i don't think it's very impressive but i don't think it's bad either. it's okay imo.

anyway, i can't wait to seet he final battle in the next episode. final episode will be deciding what score i will give to this anime, so, i hope the action will be amazing.

i think the most reason why the rating went down like that is because the antagonist isn't likeable at all, moreover when the antagonist has some connection to the MC. it makes the MC looks stupid in people's view. so if i want to blame this anime for making people mad, i would blame the person who made the antagonist.
Jun 24, 2016 1:47 PM

Jan 2011
Wonderland-aries said:
kamisama751 said:

No? That is criticism. Haters are like this: I hate this show just because.

Ok cooooooooooool

if i dislike an anime i dont go out of my way to post and complain on the forums like the author even give a shit what the western audience think. Although this is the discussion forum so you do you man xd

We going back to this? He didn't like what he saw and wrote about it. It's not about whether or not western audiences are important to the shows creators, he wanted it off his chest. That's all. On the fip he could've praised the shit out of the series, doubt his opinion will have more weight with the creators then.
Jun 24, 2016 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
Wonderland-aries said:

Ok cooooooooooool

We going back to this? He didn't like what he saw and wrote about it. It's not about whether or not western audiences are important to the shows creators, he wanted it off his chest. That's all. On the fip he could've praised the shit out of the series, doubt his opinion will have more weight with the creators then.

wat.

I literally said you do you since this is the discussion forum

wut
Jun 24, 2016 1:54 PM

Mar 2014
CodeBlazeFate said:
Jesus Christ, almost no one on these forums has anything positive to say anymore, and 95% of these threads now is: This episode sucks, this show is the biggest pile of garbage ever, Attack on Titan reference this episode may or may not have, one moment well all focus on and forget that the rest of the episode exists, F**K YOU BIBA!!!!!!, and arguing with anyone who has anything nice or different to say about an episode! (After 7 weeks of seeing this, I needed that off my chest)
And? What's the problem?

If rabid fanboys have the right to spew out their criticism devoiding verbal diarrhea in each and every episode discussion then that also means "haters" and skeptics should have the right to insult and criticize this series all they want. Sorry, but this is how democracy and freedom of speech works.
The MAL rules doesn't say anything about having to give credit to each and every anime episode, so why should people be forced to if they don't see any point in doing it or don't even have any credit to give to begin with?

Just because YOU think the pros outweigh the cons by a large margin and that every episode deserves credit it doesn't mean everybody else resonates the same way, nobody has an obligation to accommodate your needs. Again, this is how democracy and freedom of speech work.
People always complain about how simple the plot is and how it's more battle heavy and decision heavy that character or twist heavy, yet NO ONE complains about Attack on Titan's
This is the Koutetsujou no Kabaneri subforum, not the Shingeki no Kyojin forum. There is no reason why people would complain about it being unoriginal and having a simplistic plot here, if you want to read and participate in discussions about its potential unoriginality and simplicity then I suggest you go to that series' subforum instead.
writing having the EXACT SAME TYPE OF WRITING PEOPLE BITCH AS THIS SHOW OVER!!!!!
Same type of writing ≠ same quality and problem prevalence
And I like Attack on Titan, but don't put one show on a pedistol for being battle and decision heavy and call this show garbage for the exact same reason!
Who's putting Shingeki no Kyojin on a pedestal? Not everybody who bashes Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is an SnK fanboy
Comic_SansJun 24, 2016 3:18 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 24, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
Wonderland-aries said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

wat.

I literally said you do you since this is the discussion forum

wut

Don't really need the blessings but sure, ok. Just thought it was weird one would know that and nod as if negative commentary was problematic.
Jun 24, 2016 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
Wonderland-aries said:
Ok cooooooooooool

And how exactly is that an argument for not posting negative criticism?

I could easily use the same argument against you but in the reverse ("There is no point in writing positively about anime X because the creator doesn't give a shit about the West")
Nico- said:
Jun 24, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know if that qualifies as passive aggression. On one hand he calls people out as fools for their commentary on something, then backtracks and reminds us (and probably himself) of being entitled to it. It reminds me of how one who clearly disagrees with someone blatantly reminds the opposition of their thoughts merely being opinions without actually them implying it as a fact.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.