Forum Settings
Forums

TMS Entertainment and Madhouse Producers Discuss 'All Out!!' Production

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 2015
malki said:
stopped reading after the "Space Dandy, which is, you know, the best animated TV anime of all time" part..lol

Can you name some other TV Series that is better animated than Space Dandy ?

RoyalTanki said:

I've watched Madoka Magica, five episodes of Bakemongatari, ten episodes of Nisekoi, along with a episode of EF a Tale of Memories.

I get the gist of Shinbou's style.

And look at Shaft's earlier output before Shinbou came along and took over, doesn't look anything like what their shows do now, do they?

Just because I haven't watched much of their stuff does not mean I don't understand what they are like.

And what over studios aside from Shaft, prey tell, do I "know nothing about"? Just wondering~

Neither of what you mentioned is actually Shinbo, He have influence over shaft other directors but you can clearly tell Bake, Niesekoi, EF have a different series director.
May 4, 2016 12:57 PM
May 2014
malki said:
your argument..? dude, you are just copy-pasting what canipa siad in his video..and the fact that you actually pointed in this topic that SD is the "best animated TV anime" only proves that..and he is wrong..I can name at least 20 TV anime that have far better animation than SD..you can't take someone who says that the 6-tail naruto vs pain fight had "fantastic animation"..
and if you want something to make your argument invalid, then there you are..let me quot myself for the 588th time:

malki said:

you don't even know what does animation studio mean..you basically think that studios are just buildings where animators do their jobs.. Madhouse is just the name of some random garage where Shingo Natsume made OPM..right..? well, YOU ARE WRONG..if that was the case..then why the hell do they iclude the name of a goddamn building (Madhouse) in the OP/ED credits..? and who the hell did they mean when they said in OPM's trailer "from the creators of HxH 2011"..? a building..? seriously..? studios arent just buildings.., there is a prisident who decides which works they will produce, which works they will accept to be hired to animate..and whether they should be part of the production comitte or not..and there are a bunch of in-house staffs (deiractors, animators, ect..) usually..those staffs have really high salary..thus..studios chose just the highly skilled and talanted people to be in-house staffs..and they mostly work in movies (the number of in-house staffs vary from studio to another), and there are managers who schedule the production of the animes..and chose the directors/staffs and make them work under the best conditions.. how much liberty the director will have to chose the staffs he want to work with depends on the studio..who take into consideration how expansive those staffs are..and how much they have of budget..

So me agreeing with Canipa means I am copying what he's saying? Okay, whatever you say.

Even though I have not watched Space Dandy to it's conclusion myself, I can say that I've seen the large majority of the work on the show here:-

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post?tags=

So, name me better animated shows than Space Dandy then. I'd like to know.

The Naruto vs. Pain fight is well animated, off model does not equal bad. I don't find it particularly appealing myself (just not the animation style I'm interested in personally), but arguing that it's bad is just factually wrong.

Anyway, onto the quote,

"...then why the hell do they iclude the name of the goddamn building (Madhouse) in the OP/ED credits..?"

Because that is the company the show's animation is produced by? The credit is,

"Animation Production MADHOUSE"

It's the place where the animation was produced. Of course they are going to put it in the credits, that'd be like if Disney didn't take credit for their work.

"and who the hell did they mean when they said in OPM's trailer "from the creators of HxH 2011"..?"

Of course Madhouse are going to credit themselves in a trailer for their own show. It also creates a lot of buzz, since the company is pretty big.

"...there are a bunch of in-house staffs (deiractors, animators, ect..) usually..those staff have really high salary..thus..studios chose just the high skilled and talanted people to be in-house staffs..."

But it's a pretty well known fact that the industry don't pay their staff well, with the exception of Kyoto Animation. On top of that they aren't necessarily the most talented staff, sure, you have super talented animators like Yutaka Nakamura staying at one studio, but it is pretty well known among people who look into animators and their work that a lot of very talented animators only start out at studios, only to go freelance when their work gets more well known.

A good example of this is the animator Masayuki Nonaka, who is a incredibly talented character animator who left working at J.C.STAFF after getting recognition for her work.

"and there are managers who schedule the production of the animes..and chose the directors/staffs and make them work under the best conditions.. how much liberty the director will have to chose the staffs he want to work with depends on the studio..who take into consideration how expansive those staffs are..and how much they have of budget.."

Schedules are put together by the production assistants and production desk, who don't have any choice in who chooses the director, which is left up the original publishing company more often than not.
May 4, 2016 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
So, someone who read the manga can tell me if this is BL or have BL undertones?

No hate, it's just not my cup of tea and I remember when I watched the PV I thought it was BL-ish.
May 4, 2016 4:23 PM

Feb 2016
Wintovisky said:

No hate, it's just not my cup of tea and I remember when I watched the PV I thought it was BL-ish.

all sports anime with a cast of 90% male has BL-undertones. whether these said undertones are actually canon or not, the fandom will try to find some way to make them all super gay.
May 4, 2016 4:26 PM

Dec 2012
Queenxaa said:
Wintovisky said:

all sports anime with a cast of 90% male has BL-undertones. whether these said undertones are actually canon or not, the fandom will try to find some way to make them all super gay.

Yeah. The only sports anime that was ''gayer'' than usual was the bike anime, pedal something.
May 4, 2016 5:51 PM
Dec 2014
Guy's please stop talking about studios like please!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2016 8:51 PM

Mar 2008
ahh...these ppl arguing abt studios, it's as if they're the one making anime lol

May 5, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2009
Another sports anime eh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 2:34 AM

Jun 2013
malki said:
moodie said:
even if the director was the same and? ur faulting directors for shitty source materials?!? she is an amazing director and made ngnl look absolutely stunning, as well as her other works.

u just wanted to come in and hate but now ur looking foolsih
dude..there is no need to be so harsh..he is just expressing his opinion..
and yes I agree with you that PoS being shit was mostly the script writer fault not the director's..madhouse shpuld stop wasting her talent on shit like that and give her more LN anime adaptaions to direct..I don't know what they were thinking while giving the Nejimaki Seirei Senki anime to an inexperienced director like Ichimura Tetsuo instead of her..:/

actually it's rumoured that Ishizuka's already working on another project, so that explains alderamin's staff appointment

honestly I want her to get out of madhouse' otaku projects & do NTV projects tho.... She's too good to for LNs
JetNoirMay 5, 2016 2:37 AM
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
May 6, 2016 4:14 AM

May 2014
tsudecimo said:
At first I was turned off by the character design, then I checked google images for Japanese rugby players and it surprisingly really accurate. Just hope the art is not too shiny.

Always looking forward to any sports anime these days after Haikyuu s2 ended, so I hope I like it.

ichii_1 said:

Reminder that rugby > american football

Both are incredibly boring anyway.

Let us have a bara sports anime for a change lol.
thepath said:
Can't they make football anime with female character ?! Why would anyone want to watch males playing

Just imagine watching these girls playing football
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9wej5wh3s1rfobizo1_500.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ntxdgM1z1qzvtljo1_500.jpg

Who would want to watch girls playing balls? wat

I'd imagine it'd be full of fanservice so noooo thanks xD

May 6, 2016 7:47 AM

Nov 2008
Rugby anime? Will that even sell?

They'd have to license it in Europe and Australia to recoup the losses.

May 6, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
Hoppy said:

?
Ruguby is popular in Japan. There was already an american football anime Eyeshield that did well.
Jun 4, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2016
I hope they keep fanservice at its lowest. I want to enjoy the sport aspect of this anime. Fujoshis are annoying af but it's even worse when it's the studio themselves that add fuel to fire
Jun 4, 2016 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
aisoka said:
ahh...these ppl arguing abt studios, it's as if they're the one making anime lol

Yeah maybe all the staff and directors should go make anime themselves, now what kind of company do they need to establish again? oh wait.

Hoppy said:

The 2015 rugby miracle has skyrocketed the popularity in Japan and they will be hosting the 2019 rugby world cup as well.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/34306779
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

38 by vitor03 »»
21 minutes ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

11 by MegamiRem »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
12 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.