Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
asaspades said:
PrOxAnto said:

1251 episodes isnt that bad :3
I finished all of Yugioh in 2 months and all of Naruto in 2 months aswell :D
But I feel ya though, if you set yourself up to watch anime with a lot of episodes ... it can be hard.

If you really want to no life it you can finish all of Naruto and Shippuden in a little over 3 weeks, or a week and a half if you watch at 2x speed.

Why would anyone watch anime at x2 speed ...
I guess if you really want to boast abouit how much anime you've seen in a short amount of time ...
Mar 4, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2015
PrOxAnto said:
asaspades said:

If you really want to no life it you can finish all of Naruto and Shippuden in a little over 3 weeks, or a week and a half if you watch at 2x speed.

Why would anyone watch anime at x2 speed ...
I guess if you really want to boast abouit how much anime you've seen in a short amount of time ...

If I needed to watch 1251 episodes I might, though it'd ruin the experience a bit
Mar 4, 2016 2:53 PM

Jul 2009
AkkaAkka said:
Can I get a recommendation from anyone for an anime I might like?

TV, films, OVAs, etc are all fine. 3 cours or less.

I think you could like some of these:
Jigoku Shoujo
Nagi no Asukara
Ristorante Paradiso
Rokka no Yuusha
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oregairu
I would especially recommend Jigoku Shoujo and Nagi no Asukara. I think you could also enjoy currently airing Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, but I have no idea how's it going to end, so I can't tell for sure. Just choose anything that catches your eye.
Mar 4, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2011
namea said:

I think you could like some of these:
Jigoku Shoujo
Nagi no Asukara
Ristorante Paradiso
Rokka no Yuusha
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oregairu
I would especially recommend Jigoku Shoujo and Nagi no Asukara. I think you could also enjoy currently airing Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, but I have no idea how's it going to end, so I can't tell for sure. Just choose anything that catches your eye.

Awesome, thanks! I was actually going to use Erased/BokuMachi for the section on "recently reviewed" anime since everyone and their pet cat seems to be reviewing it, so I'll probably check out multiple of your suggestions.
Mar 4, 2016 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
AkkaAkka said:

Awesome, thanks! I was actually going to use Erased/BokuMachi for the section on "recently reviewed" anime since everyone and their pet cat seems to be reviewing it, so I'll probably check out multiple of your suggestions.

I use it for the very same challenge :D It has become 'must review' series or something. Hopefully some of my suggestion will be to your liking~ Good luck with the challenge.
Mar 4, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2014
AkkaAkka said:
Can I get a recommendation from anyone for an anime I might like?

TV, films, OVAs, etc are all fine. 3 cours or less.

Try the Short Peace movies
Buki yo Saraba
Hi no Youjin
Tsukumo
Gambo
Mar 4, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2014
asaspades said:

If I needed to watch 1251 episodes I might, though it'd ruin the experience a bit

Since I have the whole year, and picked animes that I was always curious about and truly wanted to watch, my experience should be very exciting

But I still want a life, or maybe not since my manga challenge is 2x bigger than anime
Sometimes I thik I'm just crazy '-'
Mar 4, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2011

Thanks! I've heard they're good shorts, I'll check them out!
(And whoa we've almost completed the same number of anime, usually people are way under or way over my completed amount)
Mar 4, 2016 4:21 PM

Apr 2011
namea said:

I use it for the very same challenge :D It has become 'must review' series or something. Hopefully some of my suggestion will be to your liking~ Good luck with the challenge.

Good luck to you too! For me the anime challenge will be doable but I've barely read any manga so I won't even know where to begin on the manga reading challenge...
Mar 4, 2016 5:45 PM

Dec 2015
Can someone recommend an ONA? Thanks/
Mar 4, 2016 5:54 PM

Sep 2014
Anything Hetila is an ONA.
Time of Eve is one as well and interesting.
Mar 4, 2016 9:25 PM

Jan 2015
I am doing the medium challenge which they said should contain 35 entries. However I want to add another entry which would make my total amount of entries 36. Am I allowed to do this or am I only limited to 35 entries if I'm doing the medium challenge?
Mar 4, 2016 9:34 PM

Oct 2014
Abiibi said:
I am doing the medium challenge which they said should contain 35 entries. However I want to add another entry which would make my total amount of entries 36. Am I allowed to do this or am I only limited to 35 entries if I'm doing the medium challenge?
You can go ahead and watch another anime, but it won't affect the challenge. You are free to list it. If it fits any of the bonus challenge requirements then you can use it for that challenge. I am personally doing the hard challenge with a total of 84 entries. riho88riho is doing the hard challenge with a total of 116 entries. The challenge allows a lot of customization so it's all fine.
zombie_pegasusMar 4, 2016 9:38 PM
Mar 4, 2016 10:58 PM

Jan 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Abiibi said:
You can go ahead and watch another anime, but it won't affect the challenge. You are free to list it. If it fits any of the bonus challenge requirements then you can use it for that challenge. I am personally doing the hard challenge with a total of 84 entries. riho88riho is doing the hard challenge with a total of 116 entries. The challenge allows a lot of customization so it's all fine.

Ah okay. It's not one of the bonus bonus challenges. It's one of the regular ones. Thank you!
Mar 5, 2016 9:09 AM
Jun 2013
I need an anime for the recommendation challenge. I'll list my favorite anime and link my list and challenge choices to give whoever replies an idea of what to recommend.

• The World God Only Knows
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Steins;Gate
  • Panty & Stocking
  • K-ON!
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun

List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/IMAGINEZapper
Challenge Choices: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=1650#msg45042409
McExplosionsMar 5, 2016 7:29 PM
Mar 5, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2013
IMAGINEZapper said:
I need an anime for the recommendation challenge. I'll list my favorite anime and link my list and challenge choices to give whoever replies an idea of what to recommend.

Working!! its pretty funny and the characters are great.
Mar 5, 2016 4:05 PM

Mar 2015
Hi guys! I need an anime for the recomendation challenge. I would like to watch a thriller that it's not popular, I don't care about it's duration :D
Mar 5, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2009
Ray_GladiusX said:
Hi guys! I need an anime for the recomendation challenge. I would like to watch a thriller that it's not popular, I don't care about it's duration :D

You pretty much already have all the thrillers on your list, don't you? :D But you could try King of Thorn movie, which you don't have on your list yet. It's an interesting mystery thriller with a survival theme (which I like a lot). Advice: keep paying attention to the story, it can get confusing towards the end.
Mar 5, 2016 5:02 PM

Oct 2014
Ray_GladiusX said:
It is fairly popular, but you haven't seen C which is labeled as thriller. I personally really enjoyed it.
Shigofumi is less popular (24k completed members) and I thought this was also a good anime.
Mar 5, 2016 5:30 PM

Mar 2015
Thank you! I think I'll watch C, since I have already many movies for the anime challenge and this one interests me more.
I'll put King of Thorn in On-Hold, where I place all the movies that I'll watch in a near future.
Mar 5, 2016 7:08 PM
Jun 2013
zan1231 said:
IMAGINEZapper said:

Working!! its pretty funny and the characters are great.

Thanks! Been meaning to watch that show for quite a long time but never got around to it.
Mar 6, 2016 2:03 AM

Jul 2013
Question about non-japanese. If there are more than 1 main character, all of them have to be non-japanese, or only one counts?
Mar 6, 2016 2:07 AM

Jun 2015
Sorry if this is a stupid question or if I missed something, but I didn't see anyone else ask, which kind of surprised me. Is there a minimum length to define an anime? I just finished watching Panty & Stocking, so that obviously counts, then I watched the special, "Panty & Stocking in Sanitarybox," which is literally 8 minutes of nonsense. Technically this is a separate anime on MAL, but that's obviously too short to qualify, right? But something that's just a bit shorter than average, like Noucome (10 normal eps.) should be long enough. Then there's a huge gray area, with stuff like Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku (10 5-min. eps.).

So TL;DR, where's the cutoff for anime length?
Mar 6, 2016 8:26 AM

Jun 2015
artStudio said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question or if I missed something, but I didn't see anyone else ask, which kind of surprised me. Is there a minimum length to define an anime? I just finished watching Panty & Stocking, so that obviously counts, then I watched the special, "Panty & Stocking in Sanitarybox," which is literally 8 minutes of nonsense. Technically this is a separate anime on MAL, but that's obviously too short to qualify, right? But something that's just a bit shorter than average, like Noucome (10 normal eps.) should be long enough. Then there's a huge gray area, with stuff like Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku (10 5-min. eps.).

Anything (that is in the MAL database) goes.
Mar 6, 2016 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
artStudio said:

There literally isn't one. I completed the challenge with only around 75 minutes worth of anime (average of around 4 minutes per anime).
Mar 6, 2016 9:21 AM

Nov 2010
Could somebody recommend me something for this category:

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant ?

I'm open to a lots of genres and styles, just no yuri, yaoi, shonen-ai, shoujo-ai or 50+ episodes
Mar 6, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2014
http://myanimelist.net/anime/18119/Servant_x_Service I saw that you rated silver spoon pretty high you liked the humor of then you will most likely find this entertaining
Mar 6, 2016 10:27 AM

Oct 2008
 » Watch an anime with adults as the main cast

Does Arakawa Under the Bridge fit this criteria?

Mar 6, 2016 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
linkhimura said:
Question about non-japanese. If there are more than 1 main character, all of them have to be non-japanese, or only one counts?

Since the challenge refers to "a main character" I would say having only one still counts.
Mar 6, 2016 5:30 PM

Mar 2013
heyoamanda said:
If anyone could recommend an anime, I would be very grateful! I'm pretty much open to anything. The one thing I ask is that it's not super heavy on the ecchi/fanservice elements. I don't mind a bit of it here and there, but not a huge fan of it being a main aspect.

Gatchman crowds
Mar 6, 2016 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
heyoamanda said:
If anyone could recommend an anime, I would be very grateful! I'm pretty much open to anything. The one thing I ask is that it's not super heavy on the ecchi/fanservice elements. I don't mind a bit of it here and there, but not a huge fan of it being a main aspect.
I see Bokura ga Ita on your PTW. There's also Gakuen Alice, which seems to be a common recommendation for Fruits Basket (I watched both around the same time last year and love 'em).
Mar 6, 2016 7:04 PM

Jun 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
artStudio said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question or if I missed something, but I didn't see anyone else ask, which kind of surprised me. Is there a minimum length to define an anime? ...
There literally isn't one. I completed the challenge with only around 75 minutes worth of anime (average of around 4 minutes per anime).

Oh, sweet. Guess I'm using Mars of Destruction for a low-rated anime. lol
Mar 6, 2016 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
Are the two main characters in Piano no Mori in elementary school? How old are they? Are they considered as children?
Mar 6, 2016 9:53 PM

Mar 2013
artStudio said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Yeah I used Ongaku Shoujo for the same reason.
Mar 6, 2016 10:11 PM

Oct 2014
AudioTsunami said:
artStudio said:

Yeah I used Ongaku Shoujo for the same reason.
I used Ongaku Shoujo for "a recently reviewed anime". Being short I was able to complete it very shortly after it was reviewed (around 4 hours after).

Rather than a minimum length for the challenge I've imposed an average length of one cour (4.8 hours) on myself. This means that I'll watch several shorts as well as some longer anime.
Mar 7, 2016 2:02 AM

Nov 2013
Heyo, anyone want to hook me up with a recommendation? I'm open to watching whatever you think is good, provided I haven't already seen it! Preferably something on the shorter side, like a movie or single-cour series. Thanks!
SpankleOnii-SamaMar 7, 2016 2:18 AM
Mar 7, 2016 2:54 AM

Aug 2013
SpankleOnii-Chan said:
Heyo, anyone want to hook me up with a recommendation? I'm open to watching whatever you think is good, provided I haven't already seen it! Preferably something on the shorter side, like a movie or single-cour series. Thanks!

I recommend you Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, it's in yout PTW list, it's 11 episodes and it's really good
Mar 7, 2016 10:39 AM

Nov 2013
simon443 said:
SpankleOnii-Chan said:

I recommend you Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, it's in yout PTW list, it's 11 episodes and it's really good

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been meaning to watch it for a while, so now I'll definitely check it out!
Mar 7, 2016 2:22 PM

Oct 2014
What do you think about this banner?

I made the background this time so I think the colours should fit a bit better. I know the strips aren't all the same size, but I had to do that for the words to fit.
Mar 7, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2014
M00ner said:
Are the two main characters in Piano no Mori in elementary school? How old are they? Are they considered as children?

They are in elementary school. I believe grade 5 or 6. So that would make then around 10-12, so should work for the Children challenge.
Mar 7, 2016 10:23 PM

Aug 2012
Korrailli said:
M00ner said:

They are in elementary school. I believe grade 5 or 6. So that would make then around 10-12, so should work for the Children challenge.

Thanks Damn you word count ------------------------
Mar 8, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
What do you think about this banner?

I made the background this time so I think the colours should fit a bit better. I know the strips aren't all the same size, but I had to do that for the words to fit.

Try to make it smaller, so that it has the same proportions as most of the other banners. Also this banner is misleading as you have completed the challenge on Easy and now doing it on Hard; so saying that you completed the challenge twice gives a false impression.

If you want to make it legit: specify in the banner if you completed easy + hard, medium + medium, hard + hard, etc.
Mar 8, 2016 2:12 PM

Oct 2014

This is my new design. I tried to incorporate everyone's ideas. I'm sure there's still something wrong with it. The colours reflect difficulty level (green=easy, orange=medium, red=hard) and order top-down represents the order they were completed in (red on top and green on bottom means hard was completed first and easy was completed second).
Mar 8, 2016 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
zombie_pegasus said:

This is my new design. I tried to incorporate everyone's ideas. I'm sure there's still something wrong with it. The colours reflect difficulty level (green=easy, orange=medium, red=hard) and order top-down represents the order they were completed in (red on top and green on bottom means hard was completed first and easy was completed second).

I think the idea with background colors is awesome, great job~ But can you do something about the font? It would probably look much better with different one. For example 2016 looks like 20l 6. Also bright yellow color is a little overwhelming.
Mar 8, 2016 2:48 PM

Aug 2015
Saelydera said:
What do people think of my banner? (see signature) It didn't quite come out the way I had hoped.

It looks awful hahaha; try to re-size the image.
Mar 8, 2016 5:43 PM

Jan 2016
Hello, please help me here.

For the
» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship:
Is it fine to use Nisekoi for the challenge?
I'm unsure if it's focusing on a romantic relationship, but the synopsis would suggest so, well not love at first sight, but the fact that girls pop up and his childhood friend etc...
Mar 8, 2016 6:29 PM

Mar 2013
I think Shey_croix said no harem for that. Cause it's supposed to be focusing on one romantic relationship. Nisekoi focuses on 5.
Mar 8, 2016 6:32 PM

Jan 2016
AudioTsunami said:
I think Shey_croix said no harem for that. Cause it's supposed to be focusing on one romantic relationship. Nisekoi focuses on 5.

Oh I see... Just finished downloading it... oh well do you know any any anime that does that then? Preferably with action as a genre or something.
Mar 9, 2016 5:00 AM

Mar 2009
Dennou Coil counts as "children as main cast"?
Mar 9, 2016 6:47 AM

Jan 2016
@Ronin_Alx yes it does, Someone recommended it to me for that challenge as well, so go for it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

19 by alshu »»
7 seconds ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

29 by Azuchi »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
15 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
23 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.