Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 28, 2016 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel bad for members of the 666th squad now. Seriously, Lise's personality changed completely.

This episode felt like a mind twister tbh, not that I mind it but just felt awkward.
And the mental and physical torture was pretty evident with the screaming. As much as I find Katia is annoying at times, she does have a strong will including this episode.

Feb 28, 2016 10:39 AM

Dec 2013
So after watching the episode, I must say that some of the stuff that happened this episode was pretty ugly to watch. Have some questions for those who've read the LN/VN:

Mod edit:
Do not post in an episode thread before watching the episode.
AversaFeb 28, 2016 12:42 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 28, 2016 11:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lise needs to die now.....I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but she's more far gone than I thought

Other than that, I'm proud of Katia for doing with she did and I'm rooting hard for both she and Theodore plus Megane-chan
Feb 28, 2016 11:41 AM
Jan 2016
Another unexpected episode, everything is going ugly and nicely, hope to see how that builds up. Thank goodness for Gretel for showing up and her disguise looks cute and awesome.
Feb 28, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2015
What a great episode. Feel bad for some of the 666th members. My hate towards Lise keeps growing, and Katia was the star of this episode. Glad she stepped up.
Feb 28, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Way to go, Beatrix. Lise has abandoned her ribbons, and considering the relationship between age and ribbons, that can't be a good thing.

But her expression though, I just loved it.
aconiteFeb 28, 2016 12:02 PM
Feb 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
Whaat?! Lise betrayed 666th!? I didnt see that one coming! /s
Feb 28, 2016 12:18 PM
Feb 2016
I can't wait for Lise to die. Sadly her willpower was too weak. Her only redemption will be her death.
Feb 28, 2016 12:24 PM

Apr 2015
ThePhoenician said:
I can't wait for Lise to die. Sadly her willpower was too weak. Her only redemption will be her death.

I have a feeling she's going to end up being the redeemed tragic heroine and die by doing something big to save everyone (or something along those lines). She isn't totally evil which I think is fairly clear and in order to keep her relevant that almost has to happen.

Otherwise great episode. Still amazed it is rated so relatively poorly compared to other things this season.
Feb 28, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2010
Honestly Lise being a spy wasn't surprising as all even the characters distrusted her from the start.
Also the fact that she is loyal too the Stasi isn't that surprising if you know how long it takes for a person to be brainwashed or radicalised or even be recruited into a suicide cult then you would know 3 years is a very long time.
Actions like that usually take just a few months in some cases even faster.

That being said i can understand why people dislike here but she is also a victim here the way Beatrix told her to interrogate the other members of the unit proves this.
We know she joined the Stasi so they would let her brother go but who knows what happened to her in those 3 years and what they made her do.
Despite being with the Stasi for 3 years she still seemed reluctant to follow orders and it was also clear that she still had feelings of protecting her brother.

GileonFletcher said:
ThePhoenician said:

I have a feeling she's going to end up being the redeemed tragic heroine and die by doing something big
That might be the most likely case.
To me it seemed like she was planning on running away with her brother last episode but instead he choose to follow Irisdina so her plan failed and she had no option but to continue her work for the Stasi.
Feb 28, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode as always. Really sucks that they captured and tortured 666th squad. Lise is a total bitch. Really hoping Theodor, Katia, and megane-chan can pull through.
Feb 28, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
Damn Lise what you're doing wont make you able to get together with your brother that's for sure :P

Damn ''Katia'' or do I say Ursula making a grand speech in the end. I like that.
Feb 28, 2016 1:35 PM
Feb 2016
GileonFletcher said:
ThePhoenician said:

I have a feeling she's going to end up being the redeemed tragic heroine and die by doing something big to save everyone (or something along those lines). She isn't totally evil which I think is fairly clear and in order to keep her relevant that almost has to happen.

Otherwise great episode. Still amazed it is rated so relatively poorly compared to other things this season.

I agree that she wasn't evil or bad to start with. However I don't believe anyone starts bad. Her life pretty much sucked and was likely pushed into it through torture and/or brainwashing, etc. However that doesn't change what she has done. I hope she does something to redeem herself even a little bit but I can't say I would ever forgive her.
Feb 28, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2015
Death flag for Lise. good episode again, this anime is getting stronger as it nears its conclusion.
Feb 28, 2016 2:55 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lise turned out to be a f*cking b*tch. Some kill her already. Also Theodor being all emo until the end.

4/5
Feb 28, 2016 3:08 PM

Dec 2015
Lise is a total c**t. Who cares what she went through, if she knew how hard it is to go through something like that then you would know how hard it would be for someone else and subject them to it. Not to mention that the Stasi was trying to arrest/kill her brother when he ran away with Katia. They would probably kill or torture him, and she probably knows this. No redeeming qualities to her whatsoever other than being a little sex puppet for her oni-chan and the Stasi. Hope the bitch gets what she deserves at the end. I also hope they don't go the whole redemption route in the end. It always happens in mech stories, pretty sure it also happened in the other muv-luv. For once, I would like to see a mecha not be completely generic and have the traitor somehow find redemption in the end. It's an overused plot device that has been in tons of mecha shows which I was I usually avoid them like the plague. I have been enjoying this one thus far and the episode I thought was especially great and drove the plot forward with a possible coup de tat. Looking forward to the next episode when they go to rescue the TSF 666 squadron and murder some Stasi bastards. Also, Theodor was kind of annoying me, like he ignored everyone, didn't even show emotion, and Katia I think said two words and all of a sudden he looks at her like the 2nd coming of Jesus before she even finished her first sentence lol.
Feb 28, 2016 3:22 PM
Dec 2015
"Make her wish she'd never been born" said Lise. Judging by the sounds the guard was giving off(sounded like the fricken guard was climaxing), he was probably both beating & raping someone (sounded like pham).I don't wanna believe it was rape tho!!! Aghhhh!!
Feb 28, 2016 3:23 PM
Nov 2014
sinner23 said:
"Make her wish she'd never been born" said Lise. Judging by the sounds the guard was giving off(sounded like the fricken guard was climaxing), he was probably both beating & raping someone (sounded like pham).I don't wanna believe it was rape tho!!! Aghhhh!!

Yea it did sound like rape judging from the back round noise :( I hate rape scenes
Feb 28, 2016 3:31 PM

Aug 2014
Welp, everyone hating on Lise right now, and it's surprising at the least. Still, we don't know the circumstances behind her current personality, so I won't be too quick to judge. Theo slipped up massively, but at least he snapped out of his self-pity in the end. Still can't stand the Stasi, and am I imagining this, or is everyone underestimating the BETA far too much for them to be having internal conflict at a time when there's a threat to humanity?

Ursula... wow, that name does not suit her at all.

4/5

GileonFletcher said:
I have a feeling she's going to end up being the redeemed tragic heroine and die by doing something big to save everyone (or something along those lines).

Hopefully that's not the case, would be too meh. I want something more done with her character.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 28, 2016 3:31 PM
Dec 2015
killuchen said:
sinner23 said:

Yea it did sound like rape judging from the back round noise :( I hate rape scenes

I hope what we're hearing is the guards just beating someone up and whoever they're beating up is just fighting back
Feb 28, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
Can I have some fucking wine for all this cheese?
Jesus, talk about shoving all manners of cliches into one episode. Honestly, the only part that remains interesting and unpredictable is what did Stasi do to Lise to twist her mind that much. The ending of this show is pretty much set in stone.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 28, 2016 3:38 PM

May 2015
Lise made a 360 change. Fucking bitch. That was just awful what she did. I just have no faith in her anymore.

Feb 28, 2016 4:28 PM
Sep 2015
First, I must say that what Lise have done is unforgivable, BUT there ia a reason for her actions. From muvluv.wikia:

In 1980, Lise and her family were caught by the STASI during their attempt to smuggle themselves over the Berlin wall. During their interrogation, none of them would confess to their crime, until one STASI official, Heinze Axmann, found Lise's weak point, her adoptive brother Theodor. A few days later, after being raped and having photos of the act taken, the STASI threatened to show the photos to Theodor.
Under pressure, Lise told them everything about the defection plan in order to keep Theodor safe. She was forced to joined STASI and became a swallow (a female spy who uses her body to get intelligence) while in 1981 she became a TSF pilot. In 1982 she was sent to serve frontier guard force and in one instance, she was forced to execute 20 people who wanted to defect to West Germany (including 2 teenagers and one baby).
Her TSF piloting skills were honed during the days she served the frontier guard force. This lead to her joining the Werewolf battalion. Beatrix Brehmer promised to let her meet Theodor and free him, if she could help the battalion instead of helping Heinze Axmann.
Thinking about the days before, of how she was called a traitor, a prostitute and was never treated fairly, she chose to help Beatrix Brehmer.
In February 1983, the STASI decided to send Lise to the 666th TSF squadron. She managed to trap the 666th TSF squadron, giving Beatrix Brehmer the chance to catch Irisdina Bernhard.

In 1980 she was 15; considering what she have endured, can anyone blame her for what she has become?
Feb 28, 2016 4:32 PM
Feb 2016
My only conclusion is that Lise has become delusional and insane. It's honestly the only conclusion that make sense to me. May she find peace in death that she was denied in life.

Aquviel said:

In 1980 she was 15; considering what she have endured, can anyone blame her for what she has become?

Everyone has a choice. She made a choice to live and hurt others instead.
Feb 28, 2016 4:43 PM
Jan 2016
Aquviel said:
First, I must say that what Lise have done is unforgivable, BUT there ia a reason for her actions. From muvluv.wikia:

It's a little worse than that.

It's one of the reasons I laugh at all the people who say that Axmann is one of the better stasi.
Feb 28, 2016 6:16 PM
Feb 2016
Lise's greatest wish already fuffilled (having s*x with theo)
Now she went back on her original mission....damn stasi dog....
Feb 28, 2016 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
Really good suspenseful and dramatic episode with everything going bad for everyone since that damn traitor Lise betrayed them...I honestly hope she dies after not only betraying them but torturing them as well. Poor Theodor being all emo the whole episode while showing how strong of a will Katia has throughout the episode especially at the end willing to be the symbol that they need to fight back. It was also pretty dang cute to see Gretel in her disguise i honestly got to admit lol. But yea overall really good episode and I cannot wait to see everything unfold in these next coming episodes which will probably action packed.

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Feb 28, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2015
killuchen said:
sinner23 said:

Yeah that was horrible. Lise will get what's coming to her.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Feb 28, 2016 7:49 PM
Feb 2015
An entire episode with an emo Theodor, thank god Katia and Gretel did something noteworthy while he's on emo mode. I seriously laughed when Theodor was looking at Katia as if he found a new angel. Dude is your love something so cheap. First Lise then Iris now Katia.

Lise is a fucked up bitch, not only did she betray them, she even had no qualms to torture them, it's as if she feels nothing for them at all as fellow human beings.

BETA incoming again and all we saw was human being stupid again. BETA can mass produced themselves in a matter of days and over a hundred thousands each time, yet you want to take control of a country which may be overrun anytime soon.
Feb 28, 2016 8:09 PM
Feb 2016
Don't worry guys.... theo will kill lise eventually because she took iris from him......lol
Feb 28, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2013
Aquviel said:

In 1980, Lise and her family were caught by the STASI during their attempt to smuggle themselves over the Berlin wall. During their interrogation, none of them would confess to their crime, until one STASI official, Heinze Axmann, found Lise's weak point, her adoptive brother Theodor. A few days later, after being raped and having photos of the act taken, the STASI threatened to show the photos to Theodor.
Under pressure, Lise told them everything about the defection plan in order to keep Theodor safe. She was forced to joined STASI and became a swallow (a female spy who uses her body to get intelligence) while in 1981 she became a TSF pilot. In 1982 she was sent to serve frontier guard force and in one instance, she was forced to execute 20 people who wanted to defect to West Germany (including 2 teenagers and one baby).
Her TSF piloting skills were honed during the days she served the frontier guard force. This lead to her joining the Werewolf battalion. Beatrix Brehmer promised to let her meet Theodor and free him, if she could help the battalion instead of helping Heinze Axmann.
Thinking about the days before, of how she was called a traitor, a prostitute and was never treated fairly, she chose to help Beatrix Brehmer.
In February 1983, the STASI decided to send Lise to the 666th TSF squadron. She managed to trap the 666th TSF squadron, giving Beatrix Brehmer the chance to catch Irisdina Bernhard.

Nope, can't blame her, I feel sorry for her instead, just as I am for Theodor who has no choice now but to either kill her or capture her(my money's on the former).

Being Theodor & Lise is suffering :(
Feb 28, 2016 9:22 PM

Sep 2013
This is show is actually getting a little more interesting. Probably the first time I want to know what will happen on the next episode. Lise is obviously playing the role of the traitor because he wants to save his brother. She will probably be killed in the end of the series like most traitors do in movies, and probably by the hands of his own brother.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 28, 2016 9:24 PM

Sep 2013
ManlyTear said:
Aquviel said:

Nope, can't blame her, I feel sorry for her instead, just as I am for Theodor who has no choice now but to either kill her or capture her(my money's on the former).

Being Theodor & Lise is suffering :(
I had a feeling she was raped. Damn I hate it when Im right about these king of things.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 29, 2016 12:05 AM

Aug 2014
Since the comments are yelling rape like a couple of headless chickens, I will tell you this the only people who got raped in this series are Sylwia and Lise. Also, don't remove this Mod, it is helpful for this comment section. All the girls in the interrogation rooms where not raped, they were simply tortured ( using whips and waterboarding); trust me I have played the VN.

I will leave the Sylwia rape scenario for you guys to look it up.
ElectricRedFeb 29, 2016 12:09 AM
Feb 29, 2016 12:40 AM
Feb 2015
ElectricRed said:
Since the comments are yelling rape like a couple of headless chickens, I will tell you this the only people who got raped in this series are Sylwia and Lise. Also, don't remove this Mod, it is helpful for this comment section. All the girls in the interrogation rooms where not raped, they were simply tortured ( using whips and waterboarding); trust me I have played the VN.

The VN is split into 2 parts and only the 1st part is out, this part of the story isn't release in VN format yet. How did you play this part in the VN...
Feb 29, 2016 1:19 AM

Aug 2014
ixarising said:
ElectricRed said:

The VN is split into 2 parts and only the 1st part is out, this part of the story isn't release in VN format yet. How did you play this part in the VN...

There is the Linear path which is this one, then there are different routes according to the creator. Come on, you should know this by now lol
ElectricRedFeb 29, 2016 2:01 AM
Feb 29, 2016 1:35 AM

Jan 2015
I thought Theodor was autistic.
Feb 29, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2013
I have just wanted that bitch Lise was eaten by Beta.
She can stay with her brother team for good, but she chose the Stasi.
Feb 29, 2016 3:27 AM
Aug 2015
Dat smug look hair twirl scene. Look, it was pretty obvious Lise was always evil but the amount of bitch she is actually really impressive.

A really sad episode because Annet is being mentally tortured by Lise. Having PTSD and listening to your current friends being beaten to an inch of their lives repeatedly probably sounds like the death throes of her previous TSF team that gave her survivor's guilt to begin with.

Aquviel said:

Yes. Yes we can. Rape as drama is an overused woobie-fying trope that has been sterilized to the point its lost any and all shock value. It isn't a good way anymore to draw sympathy from anyone for a character. It doesn't justify being a bad person, being "A tainted flower having to do bad things" doesn't have intrinsic privileges. It doesn't reward automatic sympathy. And if you're wondering why Lise is barely getting any its because she hasn't done anything to deserve it. Unlike Irisdina, Theo, Annet etc.

ThePhoenician said:

Everyone has a choice. She made a choice to live and hurt others instead.
Feb 29, 2016 3:49 AM
Feb 2015
ElectricRed said:
ixarising said:

There is the Linear path which is this one, then there are different routes according to the creator. Come on, you should know this by now lol

I know i have the VN myself and the first part ended at the part where Axmann took Iris after Operation Neptune, if you include the post-credit scene, it's when Axmann contacted Lise to confirm her status in the 666th squad.

The 2nd part, the continuation will be out on Spring 2016 with 3 routes in it.

This part in the anime isn't even in VN format yet, so there's no way you can play it in VN format.
Feb 29, 2016 4:23 AM

Aug 2011
They all are gonna be raped.
Feb 29, 2016 5:02 AM
Apr 2015
Keep in mind that whatever happened in the novel doesn't automatically translate everthing to the anime. Remember the anime only viewpoint on beatrix?

If the anime shows of Lise as a **** then by all means burn the witch.

(same could be said if Axmann turned out to be "a not so bad guy")
Feb 29, 2016 5:38 AM

Apr 2014
stupid theodor san...XD
horny stupid theodor san
XDXDXD
the torture of irisdina...showing to her her favourite cake XDXDXD
Feb 29, 2016 7:29 AM

Aug 2014
ixarising said:

I know i have the VN myself and the first part ended at the part where Axmann took Iris after Operation Neptune, if you include the post-credit scene, it's when Axmann contacted Lise to confirm her status in the 666th squad.

This part in the anime isn't even in VN format yet, so there's no way you can play it in VN format.

It is also a Light Novel, sorry forgot to tell you about that too haha.. I am such an Airhead :p
Feb 29, 2016 7:38 AM
Jul 2015
dont worry guys since i am vn reader i tell you irisdina never has gone raped but.. well she gets beating the crap out of her a lot and i mean a lot the reason rape dint happen was beatrix never a let the stasi do that she is very sadistic so she prefer old style hardcore torture, on another note about lise she suffer stockholm syndrome to the stasis is not like she forget theodore but she was already f... to the point on getting the syndrome so for here or at least his braindwash rape the stasi are 1 and theodore 2 or to put more simple theodore already lose his sister that day when they where kids.

PD and other news in the VN the one getting rape was pham i think and the other girl alredy forgot his name but she was from poland
Feb 29, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2008
Those two ribbons in Lise's hair must have been limiters of some sort, keeping her distorted personality in check. The comedic relief (in the form of cute political officer) was unexpected, given the dark events of the episode. At least Theodor is recovering and Katia/Ursula is starting to play a bigger role in the unfolding events.
Feb 29, 2016 8:00 AM
Feb 2015
ElectricRed said:
ixarising said:

It is also a Light Novel, sorry forgot to tell you about that too haha.. I am such an Airhead :p

The LN, that i understand.

greatblue said:
dont worry guys since i am vn reader i tell you irisdina never has gone raped but.. well she gets beating the crap out of her a lot and i mean a lot the reason rape dint happen was beatrix never a let the stasi do that she is very sadistic so she prefer old style hardcore torture, on another note about lise she suffer stockholm syndrome to the stasis is not like she forget theodore but she was already f... to the point on getting the syndrome so for here or at least his braindwash rape the stasi are 1 and theodore 2 or to put more simple theodore already lose his sister that day when they where kids.

PD and other news in the VN the one getting rape was pham i think and the other girl alredy forgot his name but she was from poland

Sylvia getting raped was something that happened before the current story. And i believe the target for torture was mainly Walther and Pham who is close to Iris. As to how bad the torture went for them,
Feb 29, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2013
man Lise is such a heartless bitch
Feb 29, 2016 9:56 AM
Feb 2014
ixarising said:

headphones is a proof enough if you don't believe him/her. The sounds come from different rooms, Pham was beaten in one and some Fella in the other room also beaten.
Feb 29, 2016 10:28 AM
Nov 2013
Those sounds of "torture" near the end of the episode. So cringe worthy.
Lisa may be a victim, but she has mad her bed. I say it is time to die in it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.