berserk will always be worth it for me
Apr 27, 2013 10:00 PM

Aug 2010
So, 7 chapters last year.

This is frightening . . .
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
May 17, 2013 6:57 PM

May 2013
I still read Berserk despite Miura only releasing a handful of chapters a year. I am still interested in Guts encountering Griffith/Femto again.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
May 20, 2013 1:25 PM

Mar 2011
Berserk manga is dead i think or Miura don't have any new ideas for the upcoming arcs.
May 20, 2013 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
I think that long periods of waiting for next chapter are the price for the quality of manga, so i think it is still worth reading.

Jul 2, 2013 12:25 PM

Mar 2013
So, is it even near in ending ? I dont wanna read ongoing manga :(
Jul 2, 2013 12:38 PM

Nov 2010
Rykyr said:
So, is it even near in ending ? I dont wanna read ongoing manga :(
Probably not even close.
Jul 2, 2013 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Probably not even close.

What % of the plot does the anime cover ?
Jul 2, 2013 1:18 PM

Nov 2011
Rykyr said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Probably not even close.

What % of the plot does the anime cover ?

Not even a third of the manga.
According to mangaupdates the Berserk anime starts at Vol 3. and ends at Vol 13.(About 10 volumes)
Currently, there's 37 volumes.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 11, 2013 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
I think he should start the final arc now. Put Caska in elf land, let guts and the group leave, and finally the long awaited battle between Griffith and Guts. I love the manga, but waiting so long between each chapter sucks. It feels like the story is falling apart, and i forget what happened last time.
Jul 13, 2013 2:57 PM

Mar 2010
i hope the long wait makes a good quality ending.
Jul 13, 2013 3:16 PM

Nov 2010
Shinryuken said:
i hope the long wait makes a good quality ending.
I doubt it. He hasn't even beaten one of the hands and is still on his way to fairy island. And we only get like 2 or 3 chapters a year, this could take like 10 years to get away from fairy island.
Jul 16, 2013 8:13 PM
Mar 2012
1 chapter every 2 months thats not good
the reader will forget what the manga was talking about
Jul 19, 2013 3:52 AM

May 2012
player_cz said:
I think Berserk started being boring and random after the
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 11, 2013 1:03 AM

May 2012
Well alot of people are upset about the long wait and it is a pain in the ass lol, personally I only started this manga about a year ago and well when after I finished there has only been around 4-5 more chapters which is, a really saddening thing, nevertheless I think that it would be stupid for anyone to drop the manga just because it´s taking a VERY long time for chapters to be released since Berserk is an incredible manga it quickly turned into one of my favorite series, so if I have to wait for 20 years for the story to finish so be it as long as the quality doesnt drop and Miura just decides to fuck up the story, I just re-read the whole thing recently and IMO I really never see a drop in quality, I actually prefer where things are going now that berserk has companions again, sure seeing him go around alone is great but I really think it´s better now.
So to end this fanboism comment I just gotta say that if you enjoy berserk then theres no reason to drop the series or stop reading it and even if it was never to be finished it´s still something you should not miss.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Oct 24, 2013 10:39 AM

Feb 2008
To be honest, I wouldn't mind a nominal drop in art quality for faster releases. The art is great, but I care more about plot progression and character development. I'm guessing that would be considered blasphemy to some people.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Oct 26, 2013 6:06 AM

Jun 2013
ArcXIII said:
To be honest, I wouldn't mind a nominal drop in art quality for faster releases. The art is great, but I care more about plot progression and character development. I'm guessing that would be considered blasphemy to some people.

I agree, the good thing about Berserk are both the story and the art. And Berserk's art is very top-notch that even a little drop in quality would still make it beautiful.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 29, 2013 5:01 AM
Oct 2010
The last release for the manga was back in January of 2013... its almost November now and still no new release. 1-2 releases in a year? come on...
Nov 1, 2013 12:16 AM

Oct 2013
While waiting for a new chapter to come out gets tiresome; the final outcome of the story in the end, if it ever finishes, will keep me coming back to read Berserk. I want to see Guts fight Griffith and the rest of God Hand. If it takes the rest of my life; so be it.
Derp-chan said:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure had me on the brink of an orgasm, then plunged me in to tears within seconds.

Nov 2, 2013 8:51 PM

Feb 2013
I thought it was over...
Nov 2, 2013 8:53 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, did not see that coming.
Nov 2, 2013 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
What.
Nov 3, 2013 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
This 6 chapter series better be fucking God-like if it was one of the reasons Miura decided to take a soon to be 10 month 'break' since the release of the last chapter.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 3, 2013 1:28 AM

Jan 2009

cool that his back im not reading berserk but i read all spoilers of guts from wikia and its good story

now if only togashi of hunter x hunter will return too
Nov 3, 2013 1:37 AM

Oct 2013
YES! I can't wait for it return! I'm so glad that it's going to continue.
Derp-chan said:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure had me on the brink of an orgasm, then plunged me in to tears within seconds.

Nov 3, 2013 1:46 AM

Jun 2011
another source::
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-03/berserk-manga-to-resume-after-miura-runs-6-chapter-mini-series
---
i'm so happy.. can't wait for more epicness..
Go Miura-sensei!
Jan 13, 2014 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
daaaamn want more! :D
any known "concrete" release date of next vol/chapter?
kcp_snagJan 14, 2014 9:53 AM
Zapraszam POLSKOJĘZYCZNYCH - www.payhip.com/KacperAlgierskiTalesPL
K A T - Legenda Zza Światów - wstęp:
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
a także zaklęte stwory i złowrogie, nieokiełznane bestie
zamieszkiwały Zza Światy, pomiędzy którymi można było odbywać podróże.
Wiedza na ten temat była jednak przekazywana wyłącznie nielicznym wybrańcom.
Wielcy bohaterzy musieli stawać do walki ze złem, w obronie dobra,
by przezwyciężyć zagrażające równowadze mroczne widmo ciemności i chaosu
i zaprowadzić niezbędny wszem wobec praworządny ład i porządek.
Oto legenda jednego z nich…
Feb 11, 2014 1:29 PM

Mar 2008
*firing up necromantic thread revival* uhm hum ... yes .... still waiting ....
Feb 13, 2014 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
Do you know how long it takes for Miura to release a chapter? Almost years. Now think about this, we still have to get off the boat which could possible take 2-3 chapters, Guts and Co. still have explore Elfhelm which will take about 2 chapters, Guts and Co. still have travel ALL THE WAY BACK to midland (on a boat?), god knows how many chapters that will be, Guts and Co. still have to slay a shit load of monsters in order to get to griffith which will take fucking 25 or so chapters, and to end it all, Guts has to slay an invincible Griffith. We will never see the end.... unless Miura of course rushes through it all with one giant asspull and ends it in 6 chapters. Being a Berserk fan is suffering...
The best of me.
Feb 21, 2014 7:08 PM

Nov 2013
Don't expect it to be finished in 6 chapters, or even 20, or even 100.
Feb 21, 2014 7:10 PM

Dec 2012
Berserk fans keep on suffering.
Mar 10, 2014 9:25 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Apparently Berserk will resume on April 11.

...Now let's hope it's not just 1 chapter and hiatus again.
Mar 10, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2011
Is it true? A-are we finally off the boat?

>Idolm@ster One for All comes out in May

Goddammit.

Oct 4, 2014 6:52 AM

Mar 2009
THE FALCON OF LIGHT IS NOT MY COMMANDER.

FAREWELL.
Jul 19, 2015 8:11 AM
Jul 2015
Hey Guys!! We must sign a petition, start a hashtag, or something,!!
This is just crazy!! And chances are the manga will be stopped without seeing the end of it, because if you think about it, all what we have read so far looks like an Introduction for the coming long real thing!!
Jan 8, 2016 6:22 AM
Jan 2016
So i started it about 2 months ago.in november.it was just the movies and the episode but i could not handle the cliff hanger in them so i started reading the manga about 9 days ago.i am currently on 343 which is the last chapter for now.

I was thrilled by this anime.it was neve EVER boring. Unlike naruto (which i also finished in a week or 2 and is one of my fav)it does not just stop being like hyper.he faces a boss BOOM another one is around the cornrer. The only quality drop i experienced was my phone. Haha. It was always an interesting and astonishing manga to me, i never got bored of it and belive it or not it is sometimes cute too.

So my answer is yes it is worth readin!

P.s yes the author is lazy
Jan 8, 2016 4:15 PM

May 2015
its a good thing iv'e only started it two weeks now....chapter 184 :D
Jan 10, 2016 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
ALPHAGAMER199 said:
P.s yes the author is lazy

I don't know if Miura is lazy, I hear he has some health problems.
Plus, I think he just genuinely does not know where his story is going.
Jan 10, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2015
He should write a treatment just as G. R. R. Martin did for Game of Thrones and hand it to his publisher/editor. So in case he dies the world will at least know what his vision for the whole story was.

Of course one cannot write a treatment if the don't know how their story is supposed to end. Which is the case with Berserk in my opinion.
Feb 15, 2016 3:14 PM
Feb 2016
I feel that Miura is slowing down mainly to keep his material fresh. I just finished chapter 343 and I got annoyed reading that the next 20 pages won't be released till the summer. It's got to the point to where I'm thinking that there's so much more for the story to continue and I want to know if Casca will return to normal, will she be pissed that Guts forced her to remember and not be retarded anymore, there's so many more apostles that Guts and friends will face, will Guts have to sacrifice his group to be able to get his revenge on Griffith, if Guts does defeat Griffith, will he hunt down the other 4?

There's just so much left to this story, but I hate having to wait months for only 20 pages, and I hope the reason Miura is taking so long is because he is making the story great and doesn't want to produce a crappy story. I think he's taking his time pondering, "do I kill off this character, or not? And if so, how? Will it make the story better if he or she dies? Or is it better to keep that character alive?"
Feb 16, 2016 9:30 AM

May 2008
k_bogz said:
I feel that Miura is slowing down mainly to keep his material fresh. I just finished chapter 343 and I got annoyed reading that the next 20 pages won't be released till the summer. It's got to the point to where I'm thinking that there's so much more for the story to continue and I want to know if Casca will return to normal, will she be pissed that Guts forced her to remember and not be retarded anymore, there's so many more apostles that Guts and friends will face, will Guts have to sacrifice his group to be able to get his revenge on Griffith, if Guts does defeat Griffith, will he hunt down the other 4?

There's just so much left to this story, but I hate having to wait months for only 20 pages, and I hope the reason Miura is taking so long is because he is making the story great and doesn't want to produce a crappy story. I think he's taking his time pondering, "do I kill off this character, or not? And if so, how? Will it make the story better if he or she dies? Or is it better to keep that character alive?"

i think the reason why the manga takes so long to produce is the fact that Miura is a perfectionist
Feb 16, 2016 1:04 PM

Dec 2015
aAhmeds said:
k_bogz said:

i think the reason why the manga takes so long to produce is the fact that Miura is a perfectionist

It's highly likely he gets disinterested easily, like a lot of other mangakas. The kind of people that can do 40 pages in one night and then take 4 months to complete one right after. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I also fall in that category.

Of course he's also a perfectionist but there's no way it's the reason of his frequent hiatuses.
Feb 19, 2016 5:04 PM

May 2015
A very old thread, and less relevant because of the monthly thing, but I have to ask: why not? It's most likely going to finish someday, monthly or no, breaks or no. It doesn't take much effort to read it, just time, and it's a good series. Great even.

"he's more likely to die than to finish his manga" is a stupid thing to say, mostly because it's not actually measurable ,mostly because he's quite young and planning your reading of comic books on the likeliness of the author dying is pretty dumb(and a little rude when there's not even even mention of health problems, wouldn't you say?). Think about it. |:

It's painfully slow, I agree, but you don't have to read it until it's finished really, it's story is pretty great. Wait 20 years if you want, it won't go anywhere. Either meaning. Just kidding.

KingRequiem said:

Of course he's also a perfectionist but there's no way it's the reason of his frequent hiatuses.

Have you seen his art in the millennium falcon arc? It was better than EVER before, and his characters are pretty frequently drawn amazingly if sometimes sketchy.
ashfrliebertFeb 19, 2016 5:15 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Feb 19, 2016 6:11 PM

Nov 2014
There is no point now, the boat is over so manga is wrapped up.

Feb 20, 2016 5:11 PM

Dec 2015
ashfrliebert said:

KingRequiem said:

Have you seen his art in the millennium falcon arc? It was better than EVER before, and his characters are pretty frequently drawn amazingly if sometimes sketchy.

Drawing well doesn't justify being absent for several years. Murata has a pretty good fucking hand and produces 10x times as fast as Miura.

Besides, his editor wouldn't let him draw and erase the same fucking page for months, that would be absurd in terms of business. So yeah being a perfectionist can cover the monthly issues we're getting at the moment, but it sure has hell doesn't justify hiatuses of that length.
Mar 5, 2016 3:58 PM

May 2015
KingRequiem said:
ashfrliebert said:

Drawing well doesn't justify being absent for several years. Murata has a pretty good fucking hand and produces 10x times as fast as Miura.

Besides, his editor wouldn't let him draw and erase the same fucking page for months, that would be absurd in terms of business. So yeah being a perfectionist can cover the monthly issues we're getting at the moment, but it sure has hell doesn't justify hiatuses of that length.

Actually yes I agree. It might not "justify" it(it also has nothing to do with the story), but that's not really the point. If it takes a long time to draw, than it makes sense. Speculation for why the hiatus occurs is just speculation, but it doesn't need any excuse or reason really. It makes volume sales and merchandise sales, and that's the only real justification needed.

It's silly to speculate, but so what Murata has a good hand? It's not unlogical that detailed things take a long time. But as far as I'm aware, since it supposedly became monthly there's no specified reason. He did use to release tons at once, but the pace it'd go since the announcement isn't really known.

His editor lets him release five chapters every, what, eight-ish months? If it gets 40 million sales while having 300 chapters in 26 years, it's must be pulling it's weight somehow. I just don't think we'd ever really know, or need to know. Miura's seemingly alive, I guess he's eating just fine and I didn't hear about his publishing company dropping it. Whatever profit it makes through sales or merchandise or whatever is evidently enough, so it doesn't look like it matters business wise honestly. Why the hiatus happens? Who knows.

This question comes up every time, and the only thing really mentioned is that he really a ton at once or no answer is brought up at all.
ashfrliebertMar 5, 2016 4:01 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jun 7, 2016 11:02 PM

May 2007
The solution is very simple:

Destroying the Idolmaster license.

Jun 8, 2016 2:16 AM

Mar 2014
Why not continue reading the greatest manga ever published?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 376 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25

44 by JudgeRuthless »»
May 2, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 63 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 3, 2011

44 by MrGutz »»
May 2, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 89 Discussion

Td99 - Oct 14, 2009

30 by lucaslt7 »»
Apr 30, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 82 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 4, 2011

34 by lucaslt7 »»
Apr 29, 10:30 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 97 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

45 by Monozone »»
Apr 29, 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.