Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Kirito and his lightsaber proton sword skills.

Eh for some reason, I kinda knew they would use some flashbacks. They didn't waste time attacking Daeth Gun though. Oh boy, Sinon got shot in the leg. I bet she wasn't expecting that at all. Dat cliffhanger.

Stark700Aug 30, 2014 9:58 AM
Aug 30, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
All those characters in another wold can check the game out? The girls also saw that creepy attack. That guy realized about Sinon's shot and the girls' watching the broadcast(?), and he named himself the enemy of the arc, Death Gun. Asuna sensed who he is from the past? After knowing who he is, she decided to work together.

It seems like Asuna starts to get involve with GGO. No, Sinon...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 30, 2014 8:11 AM

Nov 2007
"It's show time."
Aug 30, 2014 8:17 AM
Jun 2011
no shinon dont die
Aug 30, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2012
Kirito got the moves like Jagger...
Aug 30, 2014 8:35 AM

Apr 2013

In the words of the great Ron Burgundy, "Boy, that escalated quickly!" At least for SAO2 standards.

Cliffhangers galore. Hold on Sinon! Don't let go! We need to see your ass again next week.
dankzelAug 30, 2014 5:02 PM
Aug 30, 2014 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode. I hope Sinon doesn't die.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Aug 30, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2012
of course sinon wont die.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 30, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
Dat cliffhanger.

If you havnt read the books, that is a big cliffhanger. Oh and btw, Sinon best girl #2014 #Yolo!
Aug 30, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2008
I hope Sinon becomes a plot twist maker with her death

Aug 30, 2014 9:56 AM
Aug 2014
Amazing episode, just need to see the next one so badly. Sinon shouldn't die, just because she seems like a major supporting character.
Aug 30, 2014 9:58 AM

Feb 2011
Damn exciting episode!

Kirito's super jedi skills during the encounter in the middle of the episode gave me goosebumps for some reason. Well animated, exciting music, just a great scene.

Of course I expected bad stuff to happen as soon as they split up.. Will Sinon die? Cliffhanger! :O

But LOL at this fan service camera angle during all the intense stuff at the end!! XD

TyrelAug 30, 2014 3:43 PM
Aug 30, 2014 10:00 AM

Dec 2012
BIG O, IT'S SHOW TIME!

ahem, sorry about that ...

Cliffhanger, pahh-leeeese, sure, ok, whatever, she's not gonna die.

Kirito' acrobatics were freaking amazing.
Sep 2013
Kirito hurry up your harem collection is going to be -1. Very good episode in my opinion. Gun gale is being broadcasted is weird I guess since there already in a game watching a game. Kirito and his sword skills.

I want a Gif If someone could make it plz.

Jul 2012
I'm surprised Death Gun just walked away after shooting that Pale Rider person, since he just got shot at by Sinon.
Aug 30, 2014 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
skyUFO said:
I hope Sinon becomes a plot twist maker with her death

Yeah, if she actually dies that would be quite the twist. I wouldn't be expecting that at all.

Unfortunately it probably won't happen, Kirito will save her. I can wish that it does though
Aug 30, 2014 10:03 AM
Jan 2014
Didn't expect this episode to be this solid. Pale Rider literally bit the bullet, quite unfortunate.

The player with the drum mag M16 didn't knew who he was up against.

I saw that coming though, since the guy at the stadium wasn't carrying an L115, due to the barrel configuration.

Sinon is in a really tough situation. What a coincidence though, Death Gun's TT-33 reminded her of that scene again. That cliffhanger is killing me.
Aug 30, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2014
Wish they would cut out all of ALO. If anything, show them in real life, or not at all. Really hope Sinon doesn't die. She is best girl so far, by far. Actually developing a relationship. Pretty sure it's Shinhawa, since he is the mostly likely character that knows which gun she used to kill that guy. Ugh. These episodes are way too short. Good episode, though.
Aug 30, 2014 10:11 AM
Apr 2014
Really, really good chapter. 5/5, even after reading the novels, i was mad with that cliffhanger, AGAIN.

Also, Sinon could die, u know? she would be GGO's Sachi or something.

hantere said:
Gun gale is being broadcasted is weird I guess since there already in a game watching a game.

Gameception.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 30, 2014 10:15 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Last episode I was thinking Death Gun used some type of active camo like in Halo games and looks like I was right. He shows up to Sinon and reveals himself, pretty sure Sterben is Death Gun since Gunner X was at the stadium.

That Pale Rider guy stands up in a weird way, then falls down and dies. Creepy

Hopefully Sinon doesn't die. People would riot if she died, plus I'm looking forward to more Sinon x Kirito scenes and an actual battle between them.

Aug 30, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
Let us have a moment of silence for the guy who moved fabulously.

Aug 30, 2014 10:16 AM

May 2013
Ended at a cliffhanger. Hopefully Kirito is there in time to save her or maybe someone else there.
Aug 30, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2013
Asuna and friends are watching from ALO and they discovered that Death Gun is a member of the Laughing Coffin guild.
Kirito shows off his awesome bullet blocking skills again.

Death Gun could be either Gunner X or Sterben. Hmm, so it's not Gunner X, but Sterben!
Death Gun's pretty OP with his paralyzing bullet, invisibility cloak, and his Death Gun.

Noo, not Sinon! Kirito, save her!!
Dat cliffhanger.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 30, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
For anyone who could clarify, has Death Gun's suspicious actions not caught the eye of higher-ups in the gaming industry besides Kirito's employer? Does Death Gun somehow conceal himself so well in real life that it's not easy to track him down? I'm also wondering if Death Gun is actually a real person, or just a puppet used by a puppet master (like a well-made program), especially when he appeared in front of Sinon all pixelated at first.

Answers can be put in "spoilers" if anything is spoiled from the light novel. Privately messaging me works too. I'm just trying to figure out a little more about Death Gun before I can be happy about this episode.
Aug 30, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2011
pakoko said:
For anyone who could clarify, has Death Gun's suspicious actions not caught the eye of higher-ups in the gaming industry besides Kirito's employer? Does Death Gun somehow conceal himself so well in real life that it's not easy to track him down? I'm also wondering if Death Gun is actually a real person, or just a puppet used by a puppet master (like a well-made program), especially when he appeared in front of Sinon all pixelated at first.

Answers can be put in "spoilers" if anything is spoiled from the light novel. Privately messaging me works too. I'm just trying to figure out a little more about Death Gun before I can be happy about this episode.

I don't know any more than you, but I would assume all that will be answered in future episodes..
Aug 30, 2014 10:22 AM
Jan 2013
Man, this episode was good. From what I've seen from SAO II this far, it seems like it's gonna be better than than SAO I :D
Aug 30, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
that f***ing cliffhanger...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 30, 2014 10:27 AM
Apr 2014
diarmuid23 said:
Man, this episode was good. From what I've seen from SAO II this far, it seems like it's gonna be better than than SAO I :D

Already is...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 30, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
I think it's obvious that Sinon won't die,she's a MC after all. And SAO doesn't seem the thing to have such a plot twist like a MC dying.
When I thought who really is Desu Gun,I'm confused now.

pakoko said:
I'm also wondering if Death Gun is actually a real person, or just a puppet used by a puppet master (like a well-made program), especially when he appeared in front of Sinon all pixelated at first.

That's actually possible if I think about it.
Aug 30, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
It was nice seeing the ALO gang again, but for them to witness Death Gun killing Pale Rider. Even they realize that Death Gun is part of Laughing Coffin.
Sinon and Kirito teaming up to defeat Death Gun!
Seeing Kirito's absolute defense to be able to deflect/destroy all those bullets!
To be able to fight without fear!
Death Gun stunning Sinon :O They can stealth in this game!?!
Again with Sinon's trauma as she witnesses the gun she used which is now being used on her. Ending with a gunshot sound :O Hope that sound was the sound to shoot Death Gun or something >.<
Aug 30, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
For anyone who could clarify, has Death Gun's suspicious actions not caught the eye of higher-ups in the gaming industry besides Kirito's employer?

A couple reasons:

1) What DG is doing (killing avatars which kills the real person) should be impossible.
2) DG, until this episode, had only operated on the margins (the only evidence was that one viral video), this would be the first time he did it publicly for the world (so to speak) to see.
3) It had only happened twice so no pattern has been formed, and both of these deaths were marked as natural causes.
4) Only the Japanese government would have the resources to be able to match a death in a game with a death in real life and since both deaths were ruled "natural" no one outside of Kirito's employer has thought to do it.
5) The GGO company is a foreign company, so they probably haven't even tracked the DG rumors.
Aug 30, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
cliffhanger at the end,
seems like Shino is dead (not) ^^

Mod Edit: spoilered huge pic
VudisSep 4, 2014 9:27 AM
Aug 30, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
pakoko said:
For anyone who could clarify, has Death Gun's suspicious actions not caught the eye of higher-ups in the gaming industry besides Kirito's employer?

who would believe that a digital gun could kill some1 in real life (besides me ofc) ? even Kirito's employer had to convince him to go an investigate (Kirito didn't even fully believe him yet)

they probably assumed it was just a rumor like everyone else.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... Kirito got flips for days apparently... XD

anyways, good episode. i could see that some of those other SAO veterans were experiencing some form of trauma as well.
Aug 30, 2014 10:43 AM

Aug 2014
Oh Sinon.
Aug 30, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2014
Oh sh*t that cliffhanger! But there is no way that they would kill Sinon off. Can't wait till next week!
Aug 30, 2014 10:53 AM

Nov 2009
Well Sterben means die in german...i find it pretty obvious that Sterben is Death Gun.
And he has invisible hacks? Cheater everywhere.
Aug 30, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

A couple reasons:

1) What DG is doing (killing avatars which kills the real person) should be impossible.
2) DG, until this episode, had only operated on the margins (the only evidence was that one viral video), this would be the first time he did it publicly for the world (so to speak) to see.
3) It had only happened twice so no pattern has been formed, and both of these deaths were marked as natural causes.
4) Only the Japanese government would have the resources to be able to match a death in a game with a death in real life and since both deaths were ruled "natural" no one outside of Kirito's employer has thought to do it.
5) The GGO company is a foreign company, so they probably haven't even tracked the DG rumors.

AzuStar said:

who would believe that a digital gun could kill some1 in real life (besides me ofc) ? even Kirito's employer had to convince him to go an investigate (Kirito didn't even fully believe him yet)

Thank you both. It seems reasonable that higher ups didn't take the rumors seriously, and only a select few (like Kirito's employer) really took interest. And that select few obviously didn't have enough authority or manpower to make such a big deal about the incidents that seem to have no logical explanation yet.
Aug 30, 2014 10:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now THAT was a lot better than last week's episode

I'm kinda surprised because I actually felt kinda scared during this episode lol....Like I felt that atmosphere that Kirito must feel whenever Death Gun is around....

All of his scenes were just intense, and seeing Klein and Asuna feel the same way just added to it >.<

Lightsaber Kirito was badass....I want more of that please....And dat cliffhanger O_O
Aug 30, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
SAO II is so much better than the first season, omfg. Really nice not to have Kirito's entire harem with him. Kinda want to see jealous Asuna over Sinon? And blushing Kirito over Sinon? I'm wondering if Death Gun's invisibility takes him off the radar, although that kind of tool would be wayyyyyy too advantageous.
Aug 30, 2014 11:05 AM
Dec 2012
What a great episode.
DeathGun gives me chills. Just the fact that he terrifies the other people....even Asuna and friends who aren't even playing is creepy. Id be scared to find him in front of me.

That cliffhanger.....I knew it was coming but I need to see more now lol.
Aug 30, 2014 11:07 AM
Aug 2014
sinon got shot in the arm and a cliffhanger cliffhanger cliffhanger
Aug 30, 2014 11:09 AM

Jul 2012
OMG. I KNEW that the episode was going to end after that shot. -to be continued-.............
That Lightsaber was awesome how he deflected every bullet.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 30, 2014 11:11 AM

Dec 2011
Sinon got shot! We will see if Kirito saves her again like a hero. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
i'm in total shock after that ending ? ? ? I have no words for it..
But after that i totally feel that this arc will come to an end by episode 13.
Aug 30, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
Holy molly, this episode... It felt too short :S

Kirito was badass... that was hilarious to see how Sinon watch to Kirito while he was deflecting bullets, she has no words xD
Finally, Asuna goes into action!! <333

Again that cliffhanger, and once again I must wait entire week to see more, damn it...

YUKI KAJIURA STRIKES AGAIN!!!
TapuTapuuAug 30, 2014 11:22 AM
Aug 30, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
more cliffhangers noo! Sinon and Kirito make a badass teams. When Kirito was deflecting all that gunfire,dankXD

my predictions for next week, this is strictly guessing I don't read ahead for anything..
---------My Profile------------
Aug 30, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
Dat cliffhanger~ :D

I'm pretty sure Sinon won't die since she'll probably be important later on...
I thought Asuna and everyone else would see Kirito's GGO avatar and be surprised
Aug 30, 2014 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Haha, Kirito, didnt you say something in episode 1 that theres no way you can match up to pro ggo players who devote their lives to the game? Your awesome blade dance tells me otherwise :P
Good episode, lol SAO II is throwing cliffhangers left and right. I like how the number of hate comments has toned down to almost none. Either that, or haters are getting too lazy to come up with reasons the show sucks.
Aug 30, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2013
And there goes Pale Rider, he was an heck of a player. Poor guy.
And Gunner X is Death Gun, well... that's original...

And now everybbody knows that DG is a former LC member.
And Sinon's in danger, I do Wonder if she's gonna die. If she was I think they would show it right now, but I don't see any reason for Kirito to go back...
Aug 30, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
helloisabelle said:
SAO II is so much better than the first season, omfg. Really nice not to have Kirito's entire harem with him.

This season has also a fantasting story in my opinion, but season 1 is something completely special and unique, the characters and the music there fancy myself much more..

This episode was way more thrilling than the last, damn, the last shot is still in my head.

I still ask myself: How does Asuna and Co. can watch this game from another VRMMORPG? Probably new settings there that you can watch other virtual games. Sinon starting to raise feelings for Kirito, hope there won't be drama as GGO is now on "stream" for Asuna.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.