Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Apr 10, 2014 10:42 PM
Oct 2012
Anyone know if the cursed children are contagious, and, if not, why not? Don't forget the spoiler tag if you know.

The show seems set up such that they are not contagious but there doesn't seem to be a logical reason why not.

Is this something that is never properly explained in the novels, either? The question has been bugging me since I finished the first episode and there is nothing on the regular wiki pages to indicate one way or the other.
Apr 10, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
I am pumped for me the vibe,music,has me excited for were this show is going.
Apr 11, 2014 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
Idle_Observer said:
Guys, question about the setting...
Did anyone pick up on how infectious the virus is? I know it's usually contracted through bodily fluids and also through pregnancy transmission. But (and I feel like I just missed the explanation) how contagious is this infection if the inspectors were calmly walking around the stage-one spider carcass. Also, Enju kissing Rentaro, I thought that would be one way to contract it.
I am I too early, or did I miss it?

mokahless said:
Anyone know if the cursed children are contagious, and, if not, why not? Don't forget the spoiler tag if you know.

The show seems set up such that they are not contagious but there doesn't seem to be a logical reason why not.

Is this something that is never properly explained in the novels, either? The question has been bugging me since I finished the first episode and there is nothing on the regular wiki pages to indicate one way or the other.

Page from the manga.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/146410/black-bullet_ch3_by_asdf-scans/24

The first episode ends at around the beginning of chapter 4, so this page shouldn't be a spoiler.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 11, 2014 2:52 AM

Jan 2013
AirStyles said:
Kodomo_R said:
Seems I'm one of the few people here who like Enju.
:D

Donno about you, but I think Enju is hilarious.

She reminds me of Yaya from Machine-Girl.

Now that you mentioned it, she's really similar to Yaya. But with a voice absouletely and completely tuned to Loli mode!! <3

There's some Date-a-Live vibe from Black Bullet.

Cursed children can only be girls? - Sprits are all females too
Random mix of action, comedy, plot, average male-mc.

Hope this will be good!
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Apr 11, 2014 3:18 AM

Jul 2012
'If you do not want to die, survive!' Roger, Captain obvious :P

Hmm..not a bad start. But a few pet peeves here and there.

Why wouldn't they give the police weapons to fight the Gastrea? I guess this show is going to go with the 'police are useless' trope to have the main characters steal the spotlight.

They had to throw in some fluffy slice of life after a serious fight. As much as I love SOL, I wish they'll keep the dark atmosphere and proceed in a more mature manner.

But with a female lead like Enju, I don't think that's going to happen. I don't mind loli characters (actually quite fond of them at times) but the whole haughty-mightier-than-thou loli act is getting old, especially for shows like this. Well, I don't hate her or anything but had hoped she wouldn't fall into that category.

Overall, it's still pretty entertaining :3
The transformation scenes are quite gruesome and I like the explanation about the gastrea virus.
Apr 11, 2014 3:23 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty good first episode even though it screams generic, similar to Noragami in a way.

Nice art; love Enju (she's like a more loli-er version of Yaya from Machine-doll) and Kisara's design. Pretty good animation, liking the atmosphere as well. OP was ok, liked ED song way more.
Apr 11, 2014 4:30 AM
Feb 2013
Great episode and great loli (Enju) :P
I have great expectations for this anime...
Apr 11, 2014 4:50 AM

Dec 2013
Man. Enru. The dream loli any lolicon would want. Moving on, this first episode was actually very decent. It has an interesting backplot and so far it shows some great potential. It seems a bit farfetched what the Gastrea killers do takes place at an very unserious workplace. A small unheard of security firm has an "civil officer" and a cursed child? What? How did they even acquire such important people when they are not even heard of by most people? Also, the police doesn't even take them seriously and refuses to pay them. I think the main character should act a bit cooler around the girls, especially since he lives with Enru, he should probably treat her better. Overall this episode was pretty entertaining so I'd give it a 5/5. But all this is just my opinion afterall.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 11, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2013
First episode gave a nice impression to me.
Hope the rest will be as good or even better.
Apr 11, 2014 6:22 AM

Dec 2010
Interested in gastrea and the whole monoliths. intriguing
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Apr 11, 2014 6:38 AM

Nov 2012
Now that I think about it Enju reminds me of Yaya...
Apr 11, 2014 7:01 AM

Apr 2011
Anyone else thought this series remind them of Letter Bee?

Gonna keep watching further, so far so good!!
Apr 11, 2014 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
Mugen_Time said:

Why wouldn't they give the police weapons to fight the Gastrea? I guess this show is going to go with the 'police are useless' trope to have the main characters steal the spotlight.

They had to throw in some fluffy slice of life after a serious fight. As much as I love SOL, I wish they'll keep the dark atmosphere and proceed in a more mature manner.

But with a female lead like Enju, I don't think that's going to happen. I don't mind loli characters (actually quite fond of them at times) but the whole haughty-mightier-than-thou loli act is getting old, especially for shows like this. Well, I don't hate her or anything but had hoped she wouldn't fall into that category.

The transformation scenes are quite gruesome and I like the explanation about the gastrea virus.

i already explained somewhere before, but again:
because the cursed childrens are the only one who are immune against the gastrea virus. if the police got bitten or slashed by an infected gastrea, they will turn themself into gastrea too. this rule was added to decrease the amount of deaths among the police.

and dont worry, it gets darker with action, SoL is more sprinkled here and there.

also, enju is actually a tragic character, but i wont spoil more here
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 11, 2014 8:49 AM

Mar 2009
seen a lot of loli's in the end~
Apr 11, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2011
WHERE CAN I OBTAIN ENJU? I want one. I'll pay any price.
Apr 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
its was a okey start... i hope they get more fights!
Apr 11, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
Interesting. Couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous size of those metal barriers. It felt very Attack on Titan inspired..
Apr 11, 2014 3:42 PM

Nov 2012
Blind_Guardian said:
AirStyles said:
Kodomo_R said:
Seems I'm one of the few people here who like Enju.
:D

Donno about you, but I think Enju is hilarious.

She reminds me of Yaya from Machine-Girl.

I agree with both of you about Enju, I'm a LOT more interested in her than the main character, who is like a less interesting Eren from AoT. Dunno why people don't like her, she's an adorable, badass loli who's clearly quite precocious sexually. Too bad for her she ended up paired with such a stick in the mud. Then again, people bitch about titties in anime too, so people on MAL will complain about anything.

Will probably watch it for the loli action, if I drop it it's because Rentaro just can't maintain my interest. On the other hand, if he continues to be the usual lame main character, I might enjoy it more when Enju beats the crap out of him.

Rentarou will get interesting as the story goes on. The manga says so... lol
Apr 11, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2014
That was pretty awesome! The OP is one of the best I've heard in a while! I was very impressed by this episode! I had no exceptions what so ever and just watched it because the cool title and man it's good I checked it out!
FluxasionApr 11, 2014 5:48 PM
Apr 11, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
Urek said:
Mugen_Time said:

i already explained somewhere before, but again:
because the cursed childrens are the only one who are immune against the gastrea virus. if the police got bitten or slashed by an infected gastrea, they will turn themself into gastrea too. this rule was added to decrease the amount of deaths among the police.

and dont worry, it gets darker with action, SoL is more sprinkled here and there.

also, enju is actually a tragic character, but i wont spoil more here

Oh thanks for explaining :)

I still think the police should be better equipped but everything else is good to hear. Now I'm looking forward to this show much more.

Despite her way of acting, I quite like Enju and it's nice to know she'll become a more complex character later on.
Apr 11, 2014 8:24 PM

Nov 2013
Interesting premise...this show seems to bring together various elements like the setting of Attack on Titan, Aria the Scarlet Ammo's Butei system and main character pair (these two guys look a lot like Kinji and Aria), and Unbreakable Machine-Doll's relationship between the main pair. Enju is adorable!
xxdeathxApr 11, 2014 8:37 PM
Apr 12, 2014 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
I'm giving it a 9 for the first episode, hope it keeps up the momentum :D
Apr 12, 2014 11:29 AM

Mar 2013
I've noticed on some forum that people are hyping this series getting animated and I'm thinking what's so great about it. I'm liking the first episode so far. Hope to see more.
Apr 12, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
Interesting first episode and how they explain about the 'cursed children' is also interesting, not the usual narrative..

Although loli it's not really my kinda thing, the plot and the main character seems interesting enough for me to continue watching this~
Apr 12, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2010
Meh..... Not too impressed with the episode....

2.5/5
Apr 12, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Absolutely loved it - very interesting story, gave off a modern-day Attack on Titan kind of vibe. Main characters are really likable, and it was so so funny. What I really love though is how it manages to both take itself seriously AND be really funny, that's not something that's easy to do.

So yeah, easily my favorite from this season so far. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.
Apr 12, 2014 5:30 PM

Feb 2011
the world seemed too "normal" for a post apocalyptic world, assuming the virus has wrecked havoc on humanity. Hopefully this show won't turn into a harem and we'll actually get to see some real plot.

Another Sig WIP
Apr 12, 2014 6:48 PM

Feb 2013
Badass loli.

The episode didn't really have much else going for it.
Apr 12, 2014 9:13 PM

May 2011
A toned down Yaya is suppose to be a good thing. Yaya would have been a fun character if she wasn't over-the-top. Enju is fantastic. <3

I think Black Bullet can go somewhere. I like this anime's direction style too, it was really enjoyable.
Apr 12, 2014 10:11 PM

Oct 2012
"curse children is our humanity's final hope"

almost like shingeki no kyojin phrase.

Looks interesting. I'll looking forward next episode. Eren=Rentarou! I don't really like Enju...so annoying~~
Apr 12, 2014 10:15 PM
Jan 2013
The animation, veryyyy well done. :3
I love how it's a mix; like one scene it'll be a horrifying blood splattered/transformation scene and the next it's a cute scene xD
I love the OP/ED.
Btw I think Enju is just so adorableeee. I like Rentarou also, his voice is fine.
The first episode did give out a bunch of information --
It's kinda hard to keep up due to the speed
But then again, I read a few chapters of the manga.

4/5
Apr 13, 2014 12:06 AM

Jan 2014
They explained every single little detail as if telling it to the most idiot people on earth...:I other than that it was good
Apr 13, 2014 12:18 AM

Aug 2012
OMG
BEST ANIME OF THIS SEASON
CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODEE

NAGI <3
Apr 13, 2014 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty cool, I liked the OP a lot.
Apr 13, 2014 2:06 AM

Nov 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Whoa dat Gastrea looked like Galvantula

Masked Man is behind the Gastrea ????
That's what pokemon that Gastrea reminded me of

Apr 13, 2014 2:39 AM

Jul 2012
Loli kiss <3

AOTY
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 13, 2014 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
Nice OP, oh oh fripside!

Loli girl is perverted in a way okay.

The episode's pacing is kinda slow (or is it meant to be like that?).
The plot doesn't appear to moving.

So basically, episode 1 is just an intro episode...

And the Cursed Children look epic...
Apr 13, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2010
Seems like a nice ride, something like this year's Psycho-Pass.
Apr 13, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
It was a decent episode. The pacing for the first half was all over the place and the writing could use a fixer uper. The OP though is so cool and now I can't get it out of my head.The animation so far looks pretty good, premise seems interesting, however there are waaaaaaay tooooooo many parallels to Attack on Titan, black buildings are the wall, kick-ass lolis are titan killers, even the weapon is considered the only Gaestra killing machine. Anyways, I still have hopes for this thing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
Enjoyed the episode, Enju is pretty aggressive lol
My Candies:
Apr 13, 2014 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Seems good enough. I really enjoyed this episode. I wonder what'll happen next.
Apr 13, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
This anime was honestly ruined the moment it introduced imouto-garbage... again. This isn't necessarily something that detracts me from watching it, but it does take a lot away from it. Black Bullet could have been an epic action anime with great animation, but instead it's tainted with little-girl-moe.

Oh well, it's a 2014 anime, what's the surprise...
Apr 13, 2014 8:44 PM

Dec 2013
The same setting as SnK, but with a different aproach... Interesting
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 13, 2014 11:03 PM

Sep 2007
I found this to be a very disappointing debut episode, mainly due to the disjointed and poorly thought-out narrative (don't miss the shameless exposition dump in the last two minutes). But the worst part of it was discovering that the director and writer of Monster and Hajime no Ippo were behind this mess.

On the other hand, if anyone can salvage this show, I suppose they could, though I seriously doubt it.
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. --Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator. --George W. Bush, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect, Washington, DC, Dec. 18, 2000
Apr 14, 2014 3:25 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Post-apocalyptic anime everywhere... I like it! But one question: why didn't Rentaro tell Kisara about King Torture... I mean the masked guy?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 14, 2014 9:30 AM

Jun 2012
Meritas said:
Seems like a nice ride, something like this year's Psycho-Pass.

Except we are actually getting more psycho pass this year! :D

Seems ok so far. Enchu is actually pretty funny xD Seems a bit mixed genre though, but i can see it getting serious quickly. Will watch more.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 14, 2014 11:43 AM

Nov 2012
Great op and ending themes, a lot of action..things look certainly interesting!! Can't wait for more!!
Apr 14, 2014 5:36 PM

Nov 2013
Kyuutoryuu said:
This anime was honestly ruined the moment it introduced imouto-garbage... again. This isn't necessarily something that detracts me from watching it, but it does take a lot away from it. Black Bullet could have been an epic action anime with great animation, but instead it's tainted with little-girl-moe.

Oh well, it's a 2014 anime, what's the surprise...

Does anyone honestly like it?

Obnoxious perverted <10 year olds...? Seems really sick...
Apr 14, 2014 6:07 PM
Jun 2013
Pretty interesting, probably the best I have seen this season so far.
Already rocking for enju
Apr 15, 2014 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
vansonbee said:
Anyone else thought this series remind them of Letter Bee?

Gonna keep watching further, so far so good!!

I am amazed that no one else commented on that. The first scene with the attack on a young Rentaro. The later fight didn't feel like that, though when i compare it: Bugs? Check. Guns? Check. Special bullets? Check. Little girl as "side kick"? Check. That girl being someone special? Check.

The major similarity to SnK is the wall..but it not really a wall, as it's not closed..and it isn't all that reliable in the first place.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Is it true that there is no hope? Do you still love this?

Ghefira - Jun 5

14 by Kostyazz »»
Jun 28, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

228 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 19, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2014

176 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 9, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2014

156 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 2, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

398 by cableguyjay »»
May 26, 5:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.