Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 19, 2012 9:36 AM
Mar 2008
It was a very cute love story.
The whole anime was theatrical enough and showed different hooks and cliffhangers which kept my attention up all the time (such as those small flying saucers reminding us of the word 'naze').
Differently from any other ecchi anime I've seen before, it was pretty oneiric. Somehow it reminds me of Fellini's movies, which are something you should definitely see if ecchi and oneiric suits you.
Ah, I should write a review ^^
Jul 23, 2012 4:33 AM

Jul 2012
9/10
I would totally say new anime's are starting to get looking alike around the comedy and high school section, but this one, my goodness, Original storyline and original bond. I totally loved it. I hope there will be a season 2 as the ending wasn't really like an ending. But Urabe's smile was soooooooo cute and it's one of those anime moments where you kind of... you know... wipe your eyes after watching it and stuff.
Looking forward to the OVA.
You guys will argue over anything.
Jul 25, 2012 10:33 AM
Feb 2012
Loved it, i hope they make a season 2.
Jul 27, 2012 4:37 AM
Jul 2012
9/10

To be honest, I didn't expect much from this. I was bored one day and just clicked on a rather recent anime at random and this was it. But then after the first episode, I was intrigued. For one part, I love the s**t out of the opening and end credits songs. That alone had got me to watch the second episode just for the music. (I went and learned both songs)

After that, I was hooked. The whole drool concept was odd, but not gross to me. And this was such an innocent romance story. After I finished ep 13, I realized that I really needed more because all I could think about was "What's next!?". So, I read the entire manga up to date in a day. Now I'm sitting here eagerly awaiting the 9th manga and the OVA that is supposed to come out next month. This series has just earned itself a lifetime fan. It's not super action packed, but it isn't dull. All sexual references were tastefully done. And it's super adorable.

Some people are saying that they doubt a second season is going to happen. I think as long as the feedback on it is overall pretty good, and the manga continues going strong, there is no reason to say that they wouldn't. Especially since they already have enough content in the manga to fill another 13 episode season. But, who knows, I can hope can't I? :)

If I have only one complaint about the series (manga/anime), it's that Urabe isn't as mysterious as they made it sound like she'd be. HOWEVER! It's not a deal breaker for me at all, because, she's just odd enough to make you wonder still. So really, it's just a matter of mislabeling I think. Still a good anime.
Aug 3, 2012 6:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cute series with a fascinating character. The ending leaves a lot of stuff unanswered so I'm hoping for a second part.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 10, 2012 5:16 PM

Jan 2012
questionable concept series with potential turned into an episodic redundant shit

5/10
Aug 19, 2012 7:58 AM

Sep 2010
It took some while for me to complete but this anime has been a great ride, loved it! It's sad that it ended, at least we'll get an OVA though but hopefully a second season in the future.
Aug 19, 2012 7:40 PM
Feb 2010
damn this show was awfull and after the first episodes i was really looking forward to a well made and refreshing romance.
but in the end the characters were boring and the story was predictable and had less progress than the slowest slice of life show.
And while the saliva exchange had a really nice erotic appeal in the beginning it beame boring very fast too since it was always the same.
I am disapoint
Aug 31, 2012 5:16 AM

May 2012
Decent final episode, but it's very open ended so there could easily be a second season of this and tbh I'd like to see it!

Well not the best love story but still was a nice watch 7/10
Sep 2, 2012 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
Season 2 make it happen please!. I grown to like Urabe, and i think i would actually think she is attractive now :D.
Sep 10, 2012 1:30 AM

Mar 2009
The whole family theme just didn't fit in.
Sep 18, 2012 11:54 AM
Sep 2012
I don't know how the hell I found this but I'm so happy I did, season two please :D oh and awesome old school art is awesome
Oct 14, 2012 3:21 PM

Dec 2008
The ending wasn't exactly what I was expecting but I'm hoping for a second season! This anime ended up being way better than I thought it would be after just watching the first ep. The drool stuff was a bit excessive at times and a little gross but it was sorta sweet to see the bond they had together. I really hope for more! Only 2 other people even know they are going out.. and they've barely even gotten into hugging comfortably. *wants more*

Overall, I gave this series a 7/10.

Oct 28, 2012 1:17 AM
Oct 2012
I spent the entire day watching Mysterious Girlfriend X. I absolutely loved Urabe, she was such an amazing character, but every anime has its flaws and i would have liked to seen the past of Urabe. On the otherhand i think that was an absolutely fantastic way to draw people into the story, to think about these characters and get to know them. Tsubaki porteayed and excellent depiction of a boyfriend and i was so intrigued about his character and the decisions he had to made. In all i truly believe this to be a very good depiction of the ups and downs of a relationship, the love and the doubt definitely made the anime flow for me.

I just loved this anime and couldn't bare to see it end, i guess this is just my way of keeping the feeling alive.
Nov 22, 2012 6:47 PM
Aug 2012
i hope for a season 2 it was a great anime and i like manga but i think it left us wanting more .
Dec 20, 2012 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Initially the drool thing had me rating the show a 6 after the first episode... but I'm glad I began to look past that and see the story for what it really is....

10/10. This show made me think.
Feb 25, 2013 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
Trigun1127 said:
That would SUCK if she turned out to be an alien. Would ruin the entire show for me. Anyway I think its highly unlikely.

if shes alien then MC is as well & MC friends GF cause all 3 are sensitive by the drool, MC can feel her feelings from the drool & she can hes, if MC wold not be like her then he wold feel nothing from her drool, MC just had no idea he was not a normal human just like she is not normal human
Sugram22Feb 19, 2018 10:37 AM
Mar 9, 2013 4:47 AM

Feb 2013
nosloandy said:
9/10

To be honest, I didn't expect much from this. I was bored one day and just clicked on a rather recent anime at random and this was it. But then after the first episode, I was intrigued. For one part, I love the s**t out of the opening and end credits songs. That alone had got me to watch the second episode just for the music. (I went and learned both songs)

After that, I was hooked. The whole drool concept was odd, but not gross to me. And this was such an innocent romance story. After I finished ep 13, I realized that I really needed more because all I could think about was "What's next!?". So, I read the entire manga up to date in a day. Now I'm sitting here eagerly awaiting the 9th manga and the OVA that is supposed to come out next month. This series has just earned itself a lifetime fan. It's not super action packed, but it isn't dull. All sexual references were tastefully done. And it's super adorable.

Some people are saying that they doubt a second season is going to happen. I think as long as the feedback on it is overall pretty good, and the manga continues going strong, there is no reason to say that they wouldn't. Especially since they already have enough content in the manga to fill another 13 episode season. But, who knows, I can hope can't I? :)

If I have only one complaint about the series (manga/anime), it's that Urabe isn't as mysterious as they made it sound like she'd be. HOWEVER! It's not a deal breaker for me at all, because, she's just odd enough to make you wonder still. So really, it's just a matter of mislabeling I think. Still a good anime.

I totally agree. I watched it on a whim and had low expectations for this anime which were blown out of the water. Yea the concept is a tad weird but transferring your physical and metal state through the means of saliva is a pretty interesting concept. I even went as far as to look up saliva and turns out it's 99.5% water so it isn't as gross as I initially thought it to be. Besides all that this anime was well down in my opinion. It didn't go way over the top with sexual references and didn't get too creepy with the saliva thing. Fingers crossed for a season 2.
~ El Psy Congroo~

May 7, 2013 12:11 AM

May 2012
Quite good and the MC have pretty good personalities. The voice actor for heroine also did good job with this one.
Jun 11, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
I was kind of disappointed because I was expecting something else. Someone wrote a recommendation that this anime and "******" were both about mysterious scissors, and this anime wasn't about the scissors at all. So I got my hopes up.

I kind of liked it I guess. It was a very good romantic comedy. My favorite character was Urabe.
Jun 30, 2013 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
so it is end.. :/ kinda sad.. honestly I'm kind of like this series.. it is interesting in many ways lol XD

well the final episode.. urabe wear a nice dress in this episode..*is that even a dress? ah! just.. blablaball*

the end is good.. well I hope it will have another season.. :D
I will watch it ! XD
Jul 14, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2012
It was an interesting watch considering I don't usually go for Romance(Unless it's more comedy focused) but I'm pretty disappointed that we never actually find out much about Urabe. She remains a complete mystery. I liked the first few episodes more. 6/10 for me.
Jul 18, 2013 5:28 AM

Dec 2012
Was a bit grossed out at first but the show grew on me. 8/10.

The ending was a bit inconclusive, obviously, with the manga still ongoing. Hoping for another season.
Aug 6, 2013 8:40 AM

Jun 2012
The drool thing was pretty gross at the beginning still was at the end but i guess you get used to it. I am disappoint that there was no kiss. I guess they exchanged spit so that kinda seems like a kiss...

This was basically a two man show. The side characters were basically nonexistent. The plot was unique but it was still lacking.

7/10

Btw the VA for Urabe was fantastic.
Aug 10, 2013 8:07 AM
Aug 2007
Decent show.. wouldn't mind seeing more of Urabe but overall it doesn't have much going for it in terms of plot advancement... I agree with Shuhan ^ that the side characters were weak, apart from Oka... it really is just a two man show..
Aug 19, 2013 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
Pretty good anime 7/10. Story line was a little weak and not much character development but all in all it was unique and fun to watch.
Nov 2, 2013 6:45 AM

Jul 2011
-the anime made me Saliva fetished xD

-the last seen was hot <3 o//o

-"Bolder things?" I like where this is going <3 x)
Mar 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Mar 2009
The series is kinda forgettable. Story was just a romance about two kids finding their way. I found it interesting that in previous episodes that it mentions Oka and her BF have been together since 1st year, they're 17 now and she says that Urabe and Tsubaki are into some 'kinky stuff'.

I guess that means Oka and BF haven't had sex, but no matter.

I don't know how the grades work in Japan.

In any case, the drool fetishism was the only unique part of the series. 7/10.
Mar 24, 2014 10:18 PM

Jul 2009
Wow it's finally over!!

Amazing episode!! Lots of things happened!!

I'm glad Tsubaki's sister had one more screen time before ending this series. I actually thought he's gonna do the unthinkable and lick her saliva as well.

It's nice to know She did had a BF back then. I actually thought it was gonna be similar to Urabe and Tsubaki's relationship. Especially the saliva part XD

And Wtf Tsubaki's father appeared out of nowhere in a scene O___O
I wonder where he has been throughout the series? And Akira does look like his father XD

Urabe is gorgeous in that dress!! I too also thought it was kinda weird seeing them lick each other's saliva in front of Akira's mother grave XD

Alas Urabe now wants the next step in their relationship!! I think this is much better compared to relationship nowadays where they just go at it for sex and leaves the moment they get bored.

This actually reminded me of myself back in high-school. It makes me regret that i wasted a lot opportunities and moments back then.

And as always, Urabe's smile is just beautiful and amazing!! She can do a smile version and serious version and she still be cute as hell!!

Finally Urabe accepts Tsubaki as someone special and wants to be like Akira's mother and how she became an important part of his life.

Really enjoyed the series!! The first saliva scene was kinda weird and all, but it really turned out pretty well and amazing concept!

I still wish this was longer and had a lot of screentime for side characters like Oka and her Ueno, or even Hayakawa!

I probably should have give this around 8-9, but since I really enjoyed the hell out of the episodes, reminds me of my past, and the amazing finger licking action as well as that music that goes along.

I say this deserves a 9/10 for sure!!

There's one more OVA, but farewell Nozo no Kanojo!!

I hope for season 2 to cover the rest of the manga!!!

Gonna try some saliva licking fetish sometime in the future!!
Jun 19, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
So sweet! I cried slightly. I'm kind of annoyed they never actually kissed though or had sex hahahah. But I'm totally reading the manga to see what happens after.

9/10!!!

Jul 8, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
Great anime
I like the girlfriend sister bonding almost like she knows XD
I was kind of sad but in a cute way
dam man loved the unique romance these two wish there were more romance liek this were they just develope there relationship with all the drama crap
Even though they didnt directly kiss there was plenty of saliva being swapped XD
fucking loved this show I might have to read the manga after this one ^-^
9/10 for it uniqueness and the enjoyability factor it had
[/quote]
Aug 14, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2012
It kind of bothered me how the series started off with the whole sex theme, with the first episode starting off with the monologue about it. Also when Urabe heard the voice saying that Tsubaki would be her first. I was surprised they didn't bring that back up because now I'm curious about how she knew that. Other than those mysteries, I really loved this series!! I actually started watching this on accident because I was looking for a different anime, but didn't realize I clicked the wrong link, and I'm so glad I ended up watching Najo no Kanojo X after all! Hopefully the manga is just as good...
Aug 16, 2014 9:09 AM
Oct 2012
this show was o.k. but it needed a better ending and we need more info on the girl a bit too mysterious for my taste
Sep 2, 2014 8:25 PM
Jun 2014
Too little character development too late. Not to mention we received absolutely no backstory for Urabe AT ALL in the past 12 episodes. Series had its moments but could have been so much better 7/10
Oct 13, 2014 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
I really regret avoiding this anime for so long. This really is weird but it was fun to watch. The art is great and the fanservice is kept to minimal. My only problem with this anime is how unrealistic it is for the characters to actually taste another person's drool. I mean come on, who does that?

anyway, really liked this anime.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 7, 2015 9:27 PM

Sep 2014
There is little progress in the story but it was fun, and the voice actress for Urabe is quite nice. 6/10
ImaishiJan 30, 2015 12:14 PM
Aug 5, 2015 2:15 AM

Nov 2012
That was a weird last episode. IMO going to the grave wasn't s great way to end it. Still, decent anime, at least I liked the whole idea of the spit, made it original. 8/10.
Aug 26, 2015 10:40 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Anime full of euphemisms, metaphors. Author prolly had spit and exhibitionism as fetish. Anyhow anime was good enough 7/10 .. I'm just kinda disappointed it didn't end with a direct kiss..
Dec 19, 2015 12:06 PM
Aug 2015
Ireally enjoyed this anime. It was very unique and the funny. 8/10
Aug 23, 2016 6:23 AM

Apr 2009
This drool thingy dropped my score from 8 to 6/10. I mean not every episode they need to show us about giving and exchanging drools.

OVA now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2017 3:56 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Definitly a fun and nice watch but it had some problems so i think a 7/10 is perfect for this.
Maybe one day i'll read the manga for more because im definitly curious to see the real end of this. (even tho i heard that its disappointing)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 14, 2017 6:13 PM

Aug 2011
I was a little disappointed that after all that drool swapping, there was no kiss at the end.

A very sweet ending, but I would have really liked for Akira's sister to at least meet her old boyfriend again, sounds like some unfinished business there. Was it just me or did the sister's old boyfriend look like her brother?

No mention of a season 2 *sighs*

8/10
Dec 28, 2017 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
So, it's the final episode of the show and instead of having their long overdue first proper kiss, they decide to instead indulge in some more spit swapping depravity, this time on his mother's grave. I usually don't get hung up on the absence of a kiss at the end, but given how lewd this show was, a kiss would have been much better. Urabe simply saying "we'll be doing even more inappropriate things from now on" doesn't cut it. Then again, I guess the way the grave scene played out fits this show and its finger sucking "motif" much better.
All in all, it was a 7/10 for me.

Also, this show really didn't feel like it came out in 2012. Everything from its simple (yet fairly detailed) artstyle that doesn't abuse lighting filters, the soundtrack, voice acting, direction, even the OP/ED, reminded me a lot of early to mid 2000's anime.
VhailorDec 28, 2017 9:26 PM
Feb 19, 2018 10:24 AM

Sep 2012
Akira doesn't get why she dressed up like that, i got it, GF meeting BF's parent is special occasion :)
i got the point straight away when he asked that in hes mind

ezaya said:
This drool thingy dropped my score from 8 to 6/10. I mean not every episode they need to show us about giving and exchanging drools.

OVA now.

then i guess u find kissing gross to (then kissing makes u drop anime score to) lol

when u kiss u also get each other drool in each other mouth :)

Re-Watching
Sugram22Feb 21, 2018 11:34 PM
Feb 21, 2018 7:45 PM

Feb 2014

Weird and enjoyable romance!

this anime sure is kind of unique.

I just wanted to see a little bit more of relationship development (sure it had... they are gradually developing their relationship, though I wanted to see something to make me feel at easy about it! something more shocking: a kiss.. or a passionate hug... ).

Anyway, very good.

Sugram22 said:

ezaya said:

OVA now.

the i guess u find kissing gross to (then kissing makes u drop anime score to) lol

The differential of the anime is the drool thing... it starts right in episode 01 and so in every episode... even so you had it scored 8 in the beginning? it does not make much of a sense.
Just saying.
Feb 21, 2018 11:36 PM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:

Weird and enjoyable romance!

this anime sure is kind of unique.

I just wanted to see a little bit more of relationship development (sure it had... they are gradually developing their relationship, though I wanted to see something to make me feel at easy about it! something more shocking: a kiss.. or a passionate hug... ).

Anyway, very good.

Sugram22 said:

the i guess u find kissing gross to (then kissing makes u drop anime score to) lol

The differential of the anime is the drool thing... it starts right in episode 01 and so in every episode... even so you had it scored 8 in the beginning? it does not make much of a sense.
Just saying.

i didn't score it after EP1 :D

u said u want more, well then read the manga :D
maybe manga has more development, i only read the end so no idea what happened before
Feb 22, 2018 5:33 AM

Feb 2014
Sugram22 said:

i didn't score it after EP1 :D

not you haha the other one that I quoted =P
Feb 22, 2018 12:58 PM

Feb 2014
Sugram22 said:

but u Quote'd me so instead of him i got the notification & he didn't lol

if u want to Quote him u need to Quote him directly

that's how Quote sys works

LoL, I thought if I quoted both, both would receive notification. (if you see I did quote both before).
Feb 26, 2018 4:01 PM

Sep 2016
Underrated anime, well i don't see this getting a season 2 (its been like 5-6 years?)
So i will pick up and read the manga

Final Score 9/10
OST was nice
Voice Acting was superb (Especialy Urabe's VA) she needs to make a comeback in the anime industry.

Art and Animation was good.

In short..Ayumu Watanabe and Kojima and the staff that worked on this project deserve more credit.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 8, 2018 10:28 AM

Mar 2018
It was sweet how Urabe talked to Youko (the sister). The Urabe from the beginning of the show would not have done that. She is opening up to other people.

So the Tsubakis have a dad? He is very nice. I like him. Even though he is just as silly as his son. :D

Tsubaki and Urabe have known each other for, what, a year? And he hasn't told her that his mother is dead? DO THEY EVER EVEN TALK? About ANYTHING? I seriously don't understand how their relationship works. Do they just walk together for like 15 minutes each day in near-silence... and that's it? I mean, I can understand that they don't go on dates (because Tsubaki is too scared to ask her out), but why don't they at least talk to each other and try to get to know each other better? Is this kind of relationship normal in Japan?

The ending and the drool exchange was incredibly sweet. This is the first time Tsubaki has touched Urabe's face, right? That is just as good as a kiss. I buy it.

I would have liked the ending scene to be a bit longer, but all in all I think this was a very fitting end to the show. I am glad that there was no nudity and silliness in this episode. They kept the ending very warm and loving.

Especially Urabe is delightful in this episode. She has grown tremendously from the cold, bossy, intimidating girl we first met. She is so much warmer now, and we can clearly see that she loves Tsubaki. I also think we got more smiles from her than ever before. In this episode it was pure joy to watch her. :D

(I don't consider Urabe a waifu. My feelings for her are more platonic. But I do love her very much. :) )

I rate this series 9/10. I wish we had seen more growth from Tsubaki - he is very sweet and kind and well-meaning, but terribly clueless. But Urabe, Oka and Ueno were great. All in all the series was a delight and watching it made me very happy.

Off I go to get hold of the OVA and the manga!

nantuko said:
I wouldn't go as far as calling that real closure. It's a very, very open ended end for a very weird but somehow great story.

RafaelDeJongh said:
Decent final episode, but it's very open ended so...

Why is it particularly open-ended? It is very clear what their intentions are: Urabe and Tsubaki love each other and want to stay together, have sex and be a family. What more do you want? Showing more escalation (kissing, sex, marriage) would not make it less open-ended - couples can still get divorced. The only way to really close the story would be a flash-forward to 75 years later showing the tombstones of Tsubaki Akira and Tsubaki Mikoto. I would not want to see that.

nosloandy said:
If I have only one complaint about the series (manga/anime), it's that Urabe isn't as mysterious as they made it sound like she'd be.

She is mysterious to Tsubaki, because Tsubaki is clueless. :)

SomaHeir said:
I'm glad Tsubaki's sister had one more screen time before ending this series. I actually thought he's gonna do the unthinkable and lick her saliva as well.

I know, right? During the opening sequence I was seriously afraid that Tsubaki was going to lick his sister's drool. We know how poor his willpower is and how stupid he can be at times. I was telling the screen: "Do not lick it. Do NOT lick it, Tsubaki!"

IZEROII said:
I'm going to miss the moments of "I hope they show Urabe's eyes/face this episode!!!".

Haha. I agree. :)
The smiling Urabe in the commercial break in this episode is super-beautiful. :D
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2012

101 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 12, 9:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.