Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 5, 2014 7:48 AM
Feb 2012
yhunata said:
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:
Also, it seems like Sode no Shirayuki is stronger than Hyourinmaru if what we saw in this chapter is her true power in shikai form.

atm probably but i think hyorimaru will always be stronger . remember what kyoraku said that toshiro will be the strongest captain ever . he hasnt even reach his full potential yet with his zanpakuto .

Well, considering Rukia doesn't even have Sode no Shirayuki's bankai, I'd say she hasn't reached her full potential either.

true but in the end who gonna be the strongest ? the prodigy that come once in a lifetime toshiro or vice captain rukia who been bless with this much power already . but seeing rukia this strong after this chapter is amazing .

We're not really comparing Hitsugaya with Rukia, but Hyourinmaru with Sode no Shirayuki. Hyourinmaru can control the weather, great. Sode no Shirayuki controls pretty much everything around it's user. I'd say Sode no Shirayuki is the stronger of the two, while Hitsugaya's ability as a prodigy will make him and Hyourinmaru stronger than Rukia and Sode no Shirayuki.

i can agree with that .
Feb 5, 2014 7:58 AM
Mar 2010
BOOM! chemistry
This chapter actually made sense to me (both in a Bleach logic sense and with some leeway science). Rukia wasn't actually moving her body at absolute zero (which would be impossible), she was basically using reishi to move her immovable body, kind of like when Uryu used a similar technique against Mayuri when he was paralyzed. And the reason the fear didn't work had nothing to do with her being "dead" in the literal sense, it was how her dead body reacted to the attack. The fear attack, once it made contact with a body, spread throughout it via the process of diffusion until it encompassed your entire being. But Rukia's molecules were slowed to the point of almost no movement, making diffusion essentially impossible to occur. So it was basically like the fear attack hit an invisible barrier.

I thought it was one of the more clever chapters in Bleach.
mundoFeb 5, 2014 8:08 AM
Feb 5, 2014 8:11 AM

May 2012
That was lame. 3/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Feb 5, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2009
What can I say about this chapter?

-I thought Rukia will release a bankai
-She reminds me of Byakuya because of her super speed and calm talking
-she resembles Byakuya too...Notice the eyes, people...that sad yet strong eyes.
-Learning chemistry while reading manga? cool.
-Rukia is badass
Feb 5, 2014 8:40 AM
Jul 2011
astrozombie84 said:
IndieDreamer said:
Kuro_Yuuki said:
IndieDreamer said:
That was so so dumb, it made no sense whatsoever.

Care to elaborate? Exactly what didn't make sense? Not to attack you you or anything by the way.

According to kubo all fear stem from the fear of death.
Rukia does not fear death because her body temparature is lowered? could you explain the connection?

also absolute zero means nothing is moving, rukia is moving so its not absolute zero.

this is a shonen manga it doesn't need to make sense

also freezing a body actually slows/stops the death process but at a certain temperature they are basically considered dead because we dont have the technology to reverse cryogenic freezing.

so she isnt so much dead as her body is so cold that her body no longer works.

im guessing she is controlling her body with reishi like what uryu did when mayuri paralyzed him.

the problem is Kubo wants to put logic in this , same happens with that "non-pratical in fights" vaccum ice thin that Hitsugaya used before
Feb 5, 2014 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
Ok not to be punny, but that was cool. I appreciate Kubo trying to explain the techniques, but there's still some things I'm fuzzy about. I though a Shinigami's body was made of reishi so why would Äs Nödt say that things about molecular reactions ceasing? Also, if Rukia's body was at absolute zero, wouldn't the fact that she's moving and interacting with other particles warm her if even a little bit? I guess she could just instantly chill them again.

I guess physics can be different in Soul Society and Shinigami. Though if that's Rukia's shikai then I'm really going to be upset if we don't get to see a bankai before the series ends. I don't think that will happen though as she said that the shikai even strained her body.
Feb 5, 2014 10:03 AM

Sep 2009
LOL fuck Science. XD

But after all the chapter was nice, I'm not convinced about this victory I mean, was too easy for Rukia, with 'true form' or blahblah I was expecting the BanKai and also I dislike this thing of changing the powers of the Zanpakuto. Rukia's Shikai was quite cool with its special ability, now is only... freezing LOL.
I had prefer if she showed these -underdegrees- abilities with the Bankai or blahblah..
And also I was expecting As Nodt being a badass.
We'll see next chapter, this for me is 3/5 or 4/5. It depends on the next chapter. ehehe
Feb 5, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2011
Arlia said:
Ah Bleach. The manga where Shinigami don't remember they're already dead, and where you can move in a state of absolute zero.
LOL
My feelings exactly... :)

Yeah, Kubo... Rukia is allowed to be cool too. Keep this up, please do not make her a hussy again when Ichigo or Renji is around.
Feb 5, 2014 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:
bpSORE said:
yhunata said:
Also, it seems like Sode no Shirayuki is stronger than Hyourinmaru if what we saw in this chapter is her true power in shikai form.

atm probably but i think hyorimaru will always be stronger . remember what kyoraku said that toshiro will be the strongest captain ever . he hasnt even reach his full potential yet with his zanpakuto .

Well, considering Rukia doesn't even have Sode no Shirayuki's bankai, I'd say she hasn't reached her full potential either.

true but in the end who gonna be the strongest ? the prodigy that come once in a lifetime toshiro or vice captain rukia who been bless with this much power already . but seeing rukia this strong after this chapter is amazing .

Hyourinmaru might be stronger but can he surpass Sode no Shirayuki just with regular training? Rukia got help from Zero Squad, in normal circumstances she would never get so strong in such a short time.
Feb 5, 2014 10:11 AM

Feb 2008
this chapter was a complete waste of time. that whole fight was meaningless.

basically it was, "I am going to scare you to death..."

"bleach please......! I am already dead...sort of."

that's it....nothing else of any sort of substance took place.
Feb 5, 2014 10:14 AM

May 2011
Yes, Rukia! That is all.

She already knows what I want to say.
Feb 5, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2013
THAT was a chapter !
Feb 5, 2014 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
I doubt the fight is over yet because we still need to see As Nodt's vollstandig and then it will turn to his side and then Rukia pops out a Bankai and then she wins the fight. So hopefully the fight isn't over yet because we need to see that happen.
Feb 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2011
It was somewhat creepy when Rukia said that she was dead....I thought she was going to say that Soul Reapers are already dead but it was quite cool how she can freeze herself.
Feb 5, 2014 1:22 PM
Oct 2010
glad shes even more badass. her cover page in her dress is so hngggggg
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 5, 2014 1:54 PM
Jan 2013
Nodt looks like Karasu from yu yu hakusho
Feb 5, 2014 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
Very much enjoyed this chapter. Rukia's Shikai just got more interesting. Though I am still waiting for Ichigo to show up again so I can see him in action with his new Shiaki and hopefully see what his new Bankai will look like.

Funny thing I found myself giving the Fear dude a sort of evil voice in my head..and out loud while reading.
Feb 5, 2014 2:35 PM

Feb 2012
That's the shit I like.

Even tho I don't believe As Nodt is down yet.
Feb 5, 2014 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
bpSORE said:
what does she mean she is living now in a state of dead . she was already dead?

the powers were cool but we all know whats going to happen next chapter

he ends up surivivng with some bs just like the broken eardrum guy fighting renji

Yeah but the Shinigami can still die.
Feb 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
As Nodt survived being lit up by Yamamoto so it's likely he might still be alive through this.
Feb 5, 2014 3:08 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty happy with the chapter, the fight was too short for my liking though. Guessing Nodt will use his Vollstandig now? Oh well more Rukia is good with me :)
Feb 5, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
I understand this is fantasy, but a fiction story should at least abide by its own rules.

Ishida was moving his limp, paralyzed body. Rukia is moving her body at "absolute zero". Anyone care to count how many enemies have been frozen solid and broken into pieces in Bleach so far? Rukia's body should be breaking apart while moving at those temperatures. Reishi magic FTL.

Maybe it's just me, but that didn't feel like Rukia at all. Every time a character gets a power up now, they have to start bragging to the opponent with a smug look on their face. I always thought Rukia was a little more reserved than that... oh well.
Feb 5, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
FINALLY Bleach is getting good. again... Hopefully it stays that way because I hate that James character. So estupido. What Bleach does spanish (Ex: El Directo) why can't I? The Fear guy looks pretty cool and for the first time EVER, even since the first chapter, I finally think Rukia looks cool. Come on Bleach! Be EPIC again!
Feb 5, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
tomtomr92 said:

yep i think its pretty much confirmed now a days that Tite Kubo writes Bleach manga with the influence of Yu Yu Hakusho
Feb 5, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2007
I liked that death stare.
Feb 5, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
AzureAlert said:
I understand this is fantasy, but a fiction story should at least abide by its own rules.

Ishida was moving his limp, paralyzed body. Rukia is moving her body at "absolute zero". Anyone care to count how many enemies have been frozen solid and broken into pieces in Bleach so far? Rukia's body should be breaking apart while moving at those temperatures. Reishi magic FTL.

Maybe it's just me, but that didn't feel like Rukia at all. Every time a character gets a power up now, they have to start bragging to the opponent with a smug look on their face. I always thought Rukia was a little more reserved than that... oh well.

It does seem like they have a different air when using their new powers, but with Renji sleeping last chapter it is still clear that Renji is still like Renji.
Feb 5, 2014 4:41 PM

Sep 2008
Lame chapter, just to make Rukia look powerful. I like her, but that just... meh.

I want to see Kenpachis bankai and Ichigo, now!
Feb 5, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2007
j0x said:
tomtomr92 said:

yep i think its pretty much confirmed now a days that Tite Kubo writes Bleach manga with the influence of Yu Yu Hakusho

I thought he looks like killua's brother from hxh ... oh well still same mangaka so whatever
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2014 5:31 PM
Mar 2009
What is physics.

I don't see how any of that made sense, but let's just roll with it because it's Kubo.
Feb 5, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
Why not just give her a bankai instead?
That dude is most likely going to resucitate or some crap like that by next chapter.
Please understand.
Feb 5, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2012
The next chapter is prbably as nodt going volstanding and rukia doing bankai
Feb 5, 2014 10:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
kisami said:
this chapter was a complete waste of time. that whole fight was meaningless.

basically it was, "I am going to scare you to death..."

"bleach please......! I am already dead...sort of."

that's it....nothing else of any sort of substance took place.

That's honestly what's been happening with the past few many chapters. I mean technically it's not completely meaningless to the Soul Society because it's good that they're defeating these sternritters and all, but it feels like a waste of time to read them because the battles do feel meaningless to the readers (or to me, at least). They're basically just fights that show how everyone's powers have upgraded...
Feb 6, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2007
Wasn't Rukia basically saying she can't sense fear, becasue she's dead? However, didn't we already see her experiencing all kinds of different emotions, including fear of death and hopefor rescue, when she was held captive during the Soul Society arc?
In other words, all this stuff doesn't make any sense at all.
Feb 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2011
kennikitty said:
Wasn't Rukia basically saying she can't sense fear, becasue she's dead? However, didn't we already see her experiencing all kinds of different emotions, including fear of death and hopefor rescue, when she was held captive during the Soul Society arc?

Consider the following: Beforehand she did not go through the rigorous training with Renji and the Royal Guards. Like Renji, she was unable to use the full-potential of her Zanpakuto just as Renji and the others so her powers were always based on fighting with ice, but she could never actually control it (i.e. temperature). This, like Renji is to show how much she has mastered her Zanpakuto in that time of training, she is far beyond the level she was when she was once a prisoner like you stated, there has even been a time-skip since then, so it's not surprise she's not the same as she was before.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 6, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
kennikitty said:

Thats because she uses her new power to make herself dead because if you are dead you cannot be afraid of dying. When she had fear before, she did not have this ability.
Feb 6, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2008
kennikitty said:

There are two kinds of 'death' in Bleach. The first one is when a human die, they lose their physical body and become a soul. That soul will either become a hollow or will be found by a Shinigami and send to Soul Society.
Once in Soul Society, souls that hold high enough spiritual presences will be recruited by the Shinigami school while those that don't will live in Rukongai until they are reincarnated into the real world.

The second kind of death is when the soul die. When the soul die is when the real 'death' happen. People's soul are similar to how they looked when they were alive, it's just that instead of being made with flesh the body is made with spirit particle. Basically although Rukia died a long time ago in the real world, only her body died but her soul still live on. As a soul she can express her feelings and live like any normal human can in the real world except she cannot impact the real world because she does not have a physical body.

Now when Rukia said that she was dead she meant her actual body and not her physical body that she lost when she died in the real world. Her soul isn't dead but the body made of spirit particle that she possesses is and therefore she cannot feel any emotion.

The mistake a lot of readers do is forget that there are two level of life in Bleach.

Physical - Human, animal, etc.
Spiritual - Soul (Hollow, Shinigami, etc.)

Dying in the physical realm (losing your physical body) isn't what we know as death. Death happens when you lose your spiritual body.

So yes obviously every Shinigami (with the exception of Ichigo) 'died' as they lost their physical body but they are still alive as soul. Rukia obviously never intended to say that she was 'dead' from a human standard view of point but rather that her actual body composed of spirit particle is in a dead state.
Feb 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2009
I'm buying this. Rukia looked nice on the cover page too ^_^

In state of Absolute Zero Rukia can only move for 4 seconds. It's like She programs her body movement with reishi and then executes it. How She does that in absolute zero? Who cares! Fun power and get over it xD

If that's Rukia shikai then her bankai probably has wide range, longer duration where she can stay in absolute zero and area of effect like Yamamoto had.

Rukia power makes Hitsugaya look weak ;)

Wasn't there Absolute Zero power in old manga like Saint Seiya?
Feb 6, 2014 7:36 PM
Aug 2011
Shut up you commoners. This was the best chapter in a very long time.
Feb 7, 2014 5:24 AM
Apr 2010
Ugh... This arc just keeps getting worse and worse.
Feb 7, 2014 2:35 PM
Feb 2014
Shangetsu said:
Seriously if you want to cry because this manga defy our world's physic you should have done so at the very first chapter.

Some people amaze me, they read a manga where supernatural powers and gods of death exist yet they want explanation that would actually make it possible in our world.

If a manga has the cajones to incorporate our world's physics into their story in order to explain what her powers do, then they can't just simply contradict the base foundation right after inheriting it. That's just bad writing. If molecules are unable to vibrate or move, then she could not move since she, herself, is made up of molecules apparently.
It's a bad explanation and we shouldn't just gulp it down just because there are ghosts running around.
LucidiusFeb 7, 2014 2:55 PM
Men fear death as children fear the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other.- Francis Bacon
Feb 7, 2014 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
Lucidius said:
Shangetsu said:
Seriously if you want to cry because this manga defy our world's physic you should have done so at the very first chapter.

Some people amaze me, they read a manga where supernatural powers and gods of death exist yet they want explanation that would actually make it possible in our world.

If a manga has the cajones to incorporate our world's physics into their story in order to explain what her powers do, then they can't just simply contradict the base foundation right after inheriting it. That's just bad writing. If molecules are unable to vibrate or move, then she could not move since she, herself, is made up of molecules apparently.
It's a bad explanation and we shouldn't just gulp it down just because there are ghosts running around.

Well, I guess Kubo has a few drawers with physics books.
It's just not very precise. If you don't know how she can move I guess you havent read too much about physics (+theories) or fantasy in general, or, on other hand you have no imagination.
Feb 7, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2011
Wannabiteme said:

It's just not very precise. If you don't know how she can move I guess you havent read too much about physics (+theories) or fantasy in general, or, on other hand you have no imagination.

Lol, if he wanted us to use our imagination, sure, but that's if he did not explain the concept behind her power.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 7, 2014 6:51 PM

May 2010
Well, that was stupid.

At least it has ended already... Or so I hope.
Feb 7, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Wow Rukia was plain awesome in that chapter. I was thinking she may had achieved bankai, but who knows. Still overall it was a really good chapter.
Feb 7, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
That is too overpowered shikai in my opinion, moreover because we already know that Rukia is one of the best shunpo users, those ability could make many battles to be a one move kill battle for Rukia.. Really hoped that is a bankai..
I am too lazy to do mathematics, but I think I can safely assume that is right that shikai is not as strong as Genryuusai's bankai ( I believe Yamamoto's is hotter than 273 C tho), but who knows with her bankai, maybe he can reach negative absolute temperature, who knows ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 8, 2014 1:19 AM

Feb 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
Wannabiteme said:

Lol, if he wanted us to use our imagination, sure, but that's if he did not explain the concept behind her power.

Oh, I see you haven't seen my hint that you said "drawers" instead of "balls". :3

I don't mean that he want us to use imagination but that you, reader, can use it. He wasn't precise about her power. I'm waiting for more explanations instead of calling it "bleached" (thank you my dictionary :D ).
He used "widely" known fact that 0 K molecules doesn't move. There is not too much science here. It's just mere "constant". There is no informations about how she did that.
Word molecules means*, more or less, protons/electrons/neutrons. They are not the smallest "thing" in the universe. I read a little about quarks. There is also "string theory" where, afair, things are even smaller than quarks.
On other hand, there is theories about "many dimensions" (I don't know proper English term for that) where there is 10(!) dimension. Historically, there was theory about 26 dimensions.

So "molecules doesn't move" means nothing as "science explanation".

* informations take from wiki
Feb 8, 2014 2:32 AM

Sep 2012
Despite the hate on the "illogicalness" of Rukia's power, I really liked this chapter.
It was nice to see Rukia finally being useful, and powerful, seeing as she was/is the main female lead during most of Bleach.
Feb 8, 2014 8:25 AM
Feb 2014
Wannabiteme said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Wannabiteme said:

Oh, I see you haven't seen my hint that you said "drawers" instead of "balls". :3

I don't mean that he want us to use imagination but that you, reader, can use it. He wasn't precise about her power. I'm waiting for more explanations instead of calling it "bleached" (thank you my dictionary :D ).
He used "widely" known fact that 0 K molecules doesn't move. There is not too much science here. It's just mere "constant". There is no informations about how she did that.
Word molecules means*, more or less, protons/electrons/neutrons. They are not the smallest "thing" in the universe. I read a little about quarks. There is also "string theory" where, afair, things are even smaller than quarks.
On other hand, there is theories about "many dimensions" (I don't know proper English term for that) where there is 10(!) dimension. Historically, there was theory about 26 dimensions.

So "molecules doesn't move" means nothing as "science explanation".

* informations take from wiki

Yes, those are exactly that, theories. Not proven facts about anything, and despite whatever you believe, those theories are completely irrelevant for this situation.

If molecules (i.e. protons, electrons and neutrons) are not moving then her brain would not be able to communicate with the rest of her body to make her muscles move in order to go anywhere in the sense of the nervous system alone. That's not including lack of movement from the muscles if they were able to, and the lack of brain process due to the lack of movement to communicate. Do you see the problem now?

They layers of stupidity to allow someone move for a set amount of time due to some BS reason like "i use the reishi". What the hell does that mean? How are you controlling this Reishi? Your mind is not working. It is not communicating with your conscious mind due to you being in absolute zero...

And using the example of the other guy being paralyzed is not a sufficient reason for a paralyzed person can still think, an example is Steven Hawking. And, if they can still think then they are able to manipulate their Spiritual Pressure and Reishi in the sense of Bleach.
Men fear death as children fear the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other.- Francis Bacon
Feb 8, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
You know what's buuuulllshiiiiit???

This chapter, that's what.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 26 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 13, 2009

9 by Chrismokelky420 »»
Yesterday, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 686 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Aug 18, 2016

665 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 20, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 684 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2016

138 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 20, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 300 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 16, 2007

19 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Jun 13, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

83 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 10, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.