Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 16, 2009 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And oda does it YET AGAIN!
Jul 16, 2009 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing chapter, they have set the scene by showing all the Marine's have in terms of power. The 5 shichibukai and 3 admirals, so if a battle will ensue it's going to be insane.

But more importantly, Gold Roger is Ace's dad @_@!?! I actually thought him and Luffy were brothers, but I guess not.
Jul 16, 2009 2:04 AM

Sep 2008
A thought crossed my mind for the lulz - It'd be funny if Luffy heard this and decided to turn the ship around because it's not his brother.

I laughed at Aokiji though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2009 2:07 AM

Dec 2008
OH MY FUCKING GOD! i didn't see that coming! that's why i love Oda! he can't stop to surprise us! great chapter!
Jul 16, 2009 2:09 AM
Sep 2007
Behind epic, just to much epicness, I read this chapter a few times, it was just to awesome. Oda never fails to deliver, each new arc is just getting better and better.
Hi
Jul 16, 2009 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
Wow his mother must be some kind of monster. 20 months?? Like wow...
Jul 16, 2009 2:13 AM

May 2008
i am speechless
Jul 16, 2009 2:18 AM

Sep 2007
Yes... 20 months...
And i have loved the posture of Ace at the beginning...
Jul 16, 2009 2:27 AM
Sep 2008
lets all assume she had the super mommy devils fruit or that she artificially inseminated her self....

i mean we all dont wanna start taking about how he can turn him self into fire as if that was doubt able or that luffys arms can stretch

we could also assume that the marine isnt 100% positive on the time frame fo we could maybe cut off a month or 2 had he been sure then wouldnt they of cough the baby or the father? (trying to logic it out for me rather than the rest of u cant let 1 small thing wreck my manga)

(longest pregnancy i could find that wasnt a joke was 17 months 11 days)

i gave it a 3

i didnt like that they spents so much time showing that the world was watching because we already knew the whole world was interested in tomorrows event

also luffy's ship is at the gate but no clue as to how to get to the other side this could of token the place of the around the globe bit or they could of left luffy out of this episode didnt add much to it and the unfolding of the ace secrete was way more important

to much wasted parts took little to no time to read through

loved the detail of the fortifications tho
patratJul 16, 2009 2:42 AM
Jul 16, 2009 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
omfg this stuff is what makes op the greatest manga in history! Too much. It's just too much I love it!!! It's gonna be intense when they animate it. I'm so giddy right now!
Jul 16, 2009 2:43 AM

Mar 2008
Jul 16, 2009 2:45 AM

Sep 2008
My babies.
They belong to Oda.
Jul 16, 2009 2:55 AM

Feb 2009
o_O '
Jul 16, 2009 2:57 AM
May 2008
And I'm like officially going: WHHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

But, then...who's Luffy's mom? Was Ace adopted? It would make sense if Dragon had that kind of connection to Gol D. Roger that he would get the responsibility for Ace, but the kids grew up with Garp, and yet again WHO'S LUFFY'S MOTHER?! Roger's only heir is going to be killed in less than three hours! NOES! All of the world stands between the (adoptive-)brothers! But if this is such a big event, the other Strawhats must hear of it! And then they know where they should go or something! But all they have is Vivre-cards! GAH!

Btw, this is a thought that's been nagging me:
The entire crew has a Vivre-card that leads to Rayleigh, right? The reason they got it was just for this type of situation, if they got separated and needed to find Thousand Sunny again.

Doesn't anybody than me remember that they also have another Vivre-card - the one they got on Thriller Bark from Lola - the card that leads to her mom?

WON'T ZORO, AS THE DOLT HE IS, ACCIDENTLY USE THAT CARD?
SanshainoJul 16, 2009 3:00 AM
Jul 16, 2009 3:01 AM

Aug 2007
God, everyone is so fucking huge in this world.

Also, good chapter.

edit: GOOD FUCKING CHAPTER.
Jul 16, 2009 3:17 AM

Oct 2007
I am like "wtf"!!!! Greatest chapter ever and a new piece of information is put out!!!

Yes, thank you Oda-sensai!!!
Jul 16, 2009 3:25 AM

Apr 2009
Sanshaino said:
And I'm like officially going: WHHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

But, then...who's Luffy's mom? Was Ace adopted? It would make sense if Dragon had that kind of connection to Gol D. Roger that he would get the responsibility for Ace, but the kids grew up with Garp, and yet again WHO'S LUFFY'S MOTHER?! Roger's only heir is going to be killed in less than three hours! NOES! All of the world stands between the (adoptive-)brothers! But if this is such a big event, the other Strawhats must hear of it! And then they know where they should go or something! But all they have is Vivre-cards! GAH!

Btw, this is a thought that's been nagging me:
The entire crew has a Vivre-card that leads to Rayleigh, right? The reason they got it was just for this type of situation, if they got separated and needed to find Thousand Sunny again.

Doesn't anybody than me remember that they also have another Vivre-card - the one they got on Thriller Bark from Lola - the card that leads to her mom?

WON'T ZORO, AS THE DOLT HE IS, ACCIDENTLY USE THAT CARD?
Only Nami has the one for Lola's mom
Jul 16, 2009 3:34 AM

Aug 2008
I'm speechless. Way beyond epic.
Jul 16, 2009 3:37 AM

Aug 2008
that was awesome, awesome chapter indeed, its nice to know where everyone is gonna be, plus that Fleet Admirals reveal was Epic, so Ace is really not directly blood related to Luffy, Ace, mom is Rouges, hmmm interesting she passed away so Luffy has a different mom i hope at least she is alive. but back to Ace dam, i wonder whats his reason for his hate is to his real father.
Jul 16, 2009 3:38 AM

Jan 2008
Sanshaino said:
WHO'S LUFFY'S MOTHER?!
lol, Dadan?
Chronowarp said:
omfg this stuff is what makes op the greatest manga in history! Too much. It's just too much I love it!!! It's gonna be intense when they animate it. I'm so giddy right now!
Humanity will kneel down in front of the screens and rivers of manly tears will be flowing out of their eyes.
Jul 16, 2009 3:40 AM

Dec 2007
what the FUCKKKKK????? .... uber surprise... + speechless ^ 99
Jul 16, 2009 3:41 AM

Oct 2008
ntHai said:
Sanshaino said:
WHO'S LUFFY'S MOTHER?!
lol, Dadan?
Chronowarp said:
Humanity will kneel down in front of the screens and rivers of manly tears will be flowing out of their eyes.

*will produce tears of manliness*
Jul 16, 2009 3:41 AM

Dec 2007
HOLY CRAP!!!
I didn't see that coming!

This is a really interesting chapter, but the only thing I could even think about after reading it was precisely what I typed in first...!!

My Claims:
Jul 16, 2009 4:21 AM

Oct 2008
I like how one person actually voted that they disliked this chapter. What a joke lol. This is One Piece history people! HISTORY!!!
Jul 16, 2009 4:29 AM

Mar 2008
asterixk said:
what the FUCKKKKK????? .... uber surprise... + speechless ^ 99

Kinda my reaction as well.........
Jul 16, 2009 4:34 AM

Nov 2007
ShiroiRyu said:

And i have loved the posture of Ace at the beginning...

Ohh I know! The first thing I thought when I saw ace in that position was that it reminded me SO much of how Gol D. Rogers' execution was.
then the end was just mind-blowing..
so much that I just laughed and thought "WTF, NO WAY!"
cant believe >.<

epic WIN ^^
Jul 16, 2009 4:39 AM

Mar 2009
Speechless! O_O
Jul 16, 2009 5:01 AM

Jun 2007
Oda is such an amazing person. This is the stuff people will talk about years from now.
Jul 16, 2009 5:16 AM

Feb 2009
Holy f***ing crap, jesus son of mary, what the hell!!!!??? Was kinda my reaction to this weeks chapter....

Words cannot describe how awesome this just got.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jul 16, 2009 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
OMG I LOVE ODA for setting everything up who would have thought of that??!?!!
DAMIT shocking >_<
OnePiece = WIN
Jul 16, 2009 5:48 AM

May 2007
Saw the spoilers on Tuesday, but still, no matter how many times I read it, I'm still rendered speechless by this bomb Oda decided to drop on us. I mean, who would have thought that Roger would have had a child. And it's funny...Oda had never specifically mentioned who was Ace's parents all this time. Only hinted at and we all assumed it was Dragon. He set himself up *perfectly.*

At first, I was really happy about this revelation...but then I got to thinking, doesn't this kind of kill the untouchable and unknown aura that Roger has had? Maybe I'm just thinking too much into things, but more than seeing Luffy barge into the HQ, I wonder what the reactions will be next week of everyone in hearing this information.

And really? A pregnancy that long? Even as far as One Piece goes, I'm just a taaaad bit skeptical about that. Though I guess that could help explain Ace's narcoleptic problems. Though both Luffy and Garp have that problem too. I dunno.

But yeah, 3 Admirals (and a new one a that), 5 Shichibukai and a shitload of marines. I still have a strong feeling that Ace just might die from this...and it being Oda's first death in the current timeline. Another thing he set himself up perfectly for.
Jul 16, 2009 6:10 AM

Apr 2009
wtf, what if Ace really dies T______________________________________________T
Jul 16, 2009 6:31 AM

Apr 2009
Oh my god... Wow !! Just, What a chapter... Awesome !!
Really a declaration that left you stunned !! Oda really is the best for that !!

But... What with the Marines and their "true meaning of Ace meeting his end here" !?! Would they have done the same if Ace didn't become a pirate ?! Do they execute every "sinner" child ?! Wth ! Their first reason was much more convincing ...
Jul 16, 2009 7:00 AM

Oct 2008
Chronowarp said:
I like how one person actually voted that they disliked this chapter. What a joke lol. This is One Piece history people! HISTORY!!!

Absolutely correct...

Amazing...but It is sad that they are not brothers

BTW if Garp is the Grandfather of Ace and Lufy it means that they are cousin??
oblow20Jul 16, 2009 7:17 AM
Jul 16, 2009 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
WTF!
I..WHAT!?
AWESOME!

Jul 16, 2009 7:49 AM

May 2007
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! :OOOO

Omg, this is absolutely epic. Who would have thought Roger had children!? And more than that, it's Ace?! So how are Luffy and Ace related anyway? Same mother? This arc is just getting better and better... Shichibukai and Marine Admirals are at the execution site... Whitebeard has yet to show up. x__x'

Gah... Gol D Roger was executed and thus began a new era of piracy... is his son going to be through the same thing? :X

Jul 16, 2009 7:57 AM

Jan 2008
vindemon64 said:
And really? A pregnancy that long? Even as far as One Piece goes, I'm just a taaaad bit skeptical about that. Though I guess that could help explain Ace's narcoleptic problems. Though both Luffy and Garp have that problem too. I dunno.

As pointed out on the first page, the record for longest pregnancy was just over 17 months, and in the world of One Piece, it's possible to exaggerate that more. That may have been part of the research Oda did.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 16, 2009 8:09 AM

Apr 2009
still chocked here o.o
damn it ..one week is soo loong
they shud release 5 chapters weekly o.o
Jul 16, 2009 8:20 AM

Jul 2007
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME :3
Lol At Ace father.... I cant wait for next chapter
Jul 16, 2009 8:25 AM

May 2009
Am I the only one who isn't feeling the "epic" everyone's talking about?
So Ace is Roger's son, cool.
Jul 16, 2009 8:31 AM

Nov 2007
I'm I the only one who hated it? I mean this chapter completely changes Luffy and Ace's relationship. They are not brothers, yet they look so alike... There something about Ace being Roger's son that doesnt click...

Dissapointed for the first time by Oda and One Piece.
Jul 16, 2009 8:36 AM

Feb 2009
Holy Shit!
Re-read the chapter and...GARP IS AN ASSHOLE!!
Roger Fucking trusted you!
You BASTARD!

Jul 16, 2009 8:51 AM

Sep 2008
lol 20 months for pregnancy. great chapter !
Jul 16, 2009 8:54 AM

May 2007
Td99 said:
Holy Shit!
Re-read the chapter and...GARP IS AN ASSHOLE!!
Roger Fucking trusted you!
You BASTARD!

True, you definitely bring up a good point. Lost in the revelation of Ace's father is the fact that Garp sold out the information. But if you do remember, the WG did know that Roger had a son...via the Cipher Pol information connections. So maybe Garp didn't really sell him out, but Sengoku put two and two together and by some other method we were not shown yet, came up with the conclusion.

amdx said:
I'm I the only one who hated it? I mean this chapter completely changes Luffy and Ace's relationship. They are not brothers, yet they look so alike... There something about Ace being Roger's son that doesnt click...

I think that's why One Piece is really great. I mean, did anyone honestly expect this to happen? Sure, people might be put off by the fact that Luffy and Ace are not blood brothers, but c'mon, since when does blood have to define who you think of as a brother. Apparently, this chapter insinuated that Ace knew all along his father was Roger and Luffy's father (from chapter 525) was Dragon, but he still considered Luffy his brother.

Also, there is still the remote possibility that Dragon and Roger could be brothers (meaning Garp had two sons), making Luffy and Ace cousins, but I doubt that.
Jul 16, 2009 9:02 AM

Jun 2007
amdx said:

Yea because the only way they could have a strong connection is by blood. Forget about all those years they lived together as children who cares about stuff like that. Even with this connection they are still brothers. As with many series blood isn't that important.

And don't blame Garp too much Td99
Yea Garp isn't helping Ace, but when they were kids, Garp took good care of them. He raised them hoping to turn them into strong powerful marines. It was on their own accord that Ace and Luffy turned to a life of piracy. Garp is not to blame. He's just a guy doing his job, and judging by this chapter, that hurts him more then he lets on.
Jul 16, 2009 9:15 AM

Aug 2007
Omg. I can't breath.
Jul 16, 2009 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
Now that was unexpected Oo wth happened?
One Piece keeps getting better and better :D
Jul 16, 2009 9:58 AM

Sep 2008
Great development!!
Jul 16, 2009 10:31 AM

May 2008
I KNEW ACE WASNT HIS REAL BOTHER. For some reason there was always this thought about it. btw wouldnt they think that luffy is also gold roger's?
Jul 16, 2009 10:31 AM

Jun 2009
Finally I understood why Ace is a Portgas!!!!.
He isn't Luffy's brother!!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

37 by xDeusEJRx »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.