Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2009 12:09 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol at the end. li probably changed time to mess up with her schedule with the time card.
Aug 2, 2009 9:20 PM

Jun 2007
nope, time just kept going normally, she just got confused ^^

the voices were funny when time slowed things up :3
and I couldnt help but to think of tinkerbell when I saw sakura.. :O
Aug 5, 2011 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
It really bugs me that she didn't used shadow .When they said that they had to do something so the card won't see them I instantly thought of shadow I can't really tell if it's just me or that would have worked :/
Oct 10, 2011 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
moniilove said:
It really bugs me that she didn't used shadow .When they said that they had to do something so the card won't see them I instantly thought of shadow I can't really tell if it's just me or that would have worked :/

The writers probably just wanted to have Li be relevant to the proceedings and I think that was a wise move. Can't wait to learn more about him.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 28, 2012 5:14 AM

May 2012
Endless Eight, light version.
Jan 29, 2013 9:52 PM
Dec 2009
I feel your pain Kero. I feel your pain...>.<
Mar 4, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2008
Lol Kero, we've all been there. Now Li has some cards, oh snap. I also would hate Groundhog day.
Mar 15, 2013 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
Arandelix said:

LOL
Sep 18, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2012
If the person who transforms the card keeps it... wait, I can't remember who kept the THUNDER card some episodes back, but I'm sure Sakura did, despite Li transforming it.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Oct 11, 2013 12:57 AM

Aug 2012
very good episode!! I laughed so hard when she went all slow motion xD
Oct 15, 2013 1:11 PM

Sep 2010
UnculturedWhitey said:
If the person who transforms the card keeps it... wait, I can't remember who kept the THUNDER card some episodes back, but I'm sure Sakura did, despite Li transforming it.

Yeah, Sakura kept it, and I thought the same thing when I saw this episode. Shouldn't Thunder have gone to Li?
Mar 10, 2014 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
moniilove said:

I assume they didn't use The Shadow card for the same reason using FLY didn't work. As Li pointed out, they had to approach the clock tower in a thoroughly un-magical fashion in order not to be detected. It was only after The Time card realized they were there and had used The Shield card to prevent themselves from going back in time that it ran and was able to be captured.

mlvxciMar 10, 2014 4:05 PM
Mar 10, 2014 4:02 PM

Mar 2014
UnculturedWhitey said:

At first I thought this was an inconsistency but a quick look on the CCS wikia tells me it's not. Li can use magic aside from the Clow Cards - the thunder attack he uses is called Raitei Shourai!, which he channels through magic slips of paper called "jufu".

More info on his abilities here:
http://ccs.wikia.com/wiki/Syaoran_Li#Powers_and_Abilities
http://ccs.wikia.com/wiki/Raitei_Shourai!

That said, I think the writers could have been a LOT clearer on explaining Li's powers, as it's certainly not apparent in the show yet that he has magical abilities Sakura can't perform, perhaps except for more acute sensitivity to the Clow Cards.
May 7, 2014 10:42 AM
Nov 2013
Owh no Sakura! double check your schedule.
Sep 10, 2014 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
Nice card.
Oct 10, 2014 7:40 AM

Jun 2012
This one was one of my favorite episodes when I first saw the series, and it still is. Too bad Li got to keep it in the end (his face of victory lol).

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jun 5, 2015 8:35 AM
May 2015
Yes yes yes! At last Syaoran got a claw card, I was waiting for this episode. Hope he will collect more cards. It seems Syaoran isn't actually a rival, he helps Sakura lot for trapping cards.
eklaJun 5, 2015 8:41 AM
Aug 16, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2012
Arandelix said:

Insta remind, yup.
Their voices when Time slowed down the, uh, time, were great xD
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Nov 22, 2015 7:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
[quote=insan3Bhaalspawn]
moniilove said:It really bugs me that she didn't used shadow .When they said that they had to do something so the card won't see them I instantly thought of shadow I can't really tell if it's just me or that would have worked :/
The writers probably just wanted to have Li be relevant to the proceedings and I think that was a wise move. Can't wait to learn more about him.

The thing with Shadow card is it doesn't protect everyone, it only benefits Sakura. Shield card protected Sakura and her friends from the time magic. This let Xi get his moment and have the card despite Sakura sealing it. Can't let Sakura have all the glory.

Endless 8 comment xD
Nice one, Arandelix.

Feb 5, 2017 3:35 AM
Jan 2017
moniilove said:
That would've been hard without a source of light to cast the shadow and I don't know of a way they could've projected it all the way up the clocktower.
Henshin!
Sep 23, 2017 5:18 AM

Dec 2016
I was ok playing the recorder at school, I eventually became the drummer for the school band.

Groundhog day, well at least she was able to pass the recorder test because of it.

Ah that's the costume that was featured last week but was not worn.

Syaoran got the card this time, oh well.
Nov 20, 2017 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
The Time Card is really naughty, I appreciate Sakura's ability to defeat it, she has a little penance. He has shown them, even with a little snout, how much he is even better than Sakura. Interesting is the new secret discovered on Clow's cards. Very cute Sakura's new design, which uses the bow to the detriment of tails. Cute new dress created by Tomoyo that reminds a lot of a fairy tale.
Apr 7, 2018 6:52 PM

Sep 2017
Syaoran finally got his card.The time slowdown was LOL. I hope Syaoran visits Sakura's home atleast once.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 1, 2018 6:13 AM

May 2016
Dai-San no Bakudan: Bites Za Dusto!

Sakura having to go through the same recorder test thrice would've been a nightmare if that happened for me because I was never good at instruments even with practice. Being aware that you're trapped groundhog day loop and having to go halfway through it multiple times must be tough too.

Because of his lightning talismans, Li got the card this time much to Sakura's shock. At least they don't have to go through that recorder test thrice now.

Jan 13, 2019 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
so li was able to obtain the time card...we till don't know why is he after the clow cards
Jun 24, 2019 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
Xiaolang's a cocky little asshole. I'd like to punch the smirk right off his face.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 21, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
Oh I loved this episode so much! The Time Card is a strong one for sure, and Sakura was able to defeat it :) The slowmotion scene made me laugh. I also admire Sakuras persistance to pass her music exam. Well, Li-kun is here to stay and I can't wait to see more of him!
May 23, 2020 7:10 PM

May 2019
Finally a really cool card appears, I hope there will be more like that in the future.

Shaoran is fucking awesome, if I had seen this anime a couple of years ago he would surely be my profile picture.

Apr 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Aug 2018
Can Keroberos' sight even get worse?.. I mean, with how he's magical creature and stuff..
I like these scenarios a lot.. When hero gets to relive one day again and again.. Or stuff like that.. I'm really fond of this topic.. ;P Nice to see even a bit of this..
I'm not really sure, what for collecting cards is needed.. And is it important or not if we don't collect all, but some others would be collected by some random people like Li here.. I don't care too much about him, previous episode was fine without him, really, and I think I more dislike than like him at this point.. Not too much dislike, though - he's whatever, I guess.. I'll try to write less about him from now, though.. Unless I'll start liking him for some reason.. Because why really write again and again about some whatever thing.. I'd rather write about things I enjoyed, not all the time about same little annoying thing.. So that's last time I write about him, unless he changes in better or worse way, really..
Apr 23, 2021 1:24 PM

Nov 2015
Syaroan becomes an incredibly well written character. He start as a little brat but he evolves into a great characters. Him, Sakura, and Tomoyo make a very strong trio.
May 26, 2021 8:38 PM

Jun 2014
So, Li got the card this time. He certainly enjoyed rubbing that in her face, lol.

Jun 28, 2021 11:37 PM

Jan 2021
Poor kero…!!T-T
Apr 15, 2022 11:24 PM

Oct 2021
Who never lost a save before right lol

Time was a cool powerful card. Interesting to see that the Shield card can block not only physical attacks but also card powers.
May 7, 2023 6:57 AM
Jul 2017
introducing the concept of whoever defeats a card is the owner. That's going to get spicy as different people get different cards 
Sep 5, 2023 12:25 AM

May 2013
The timeloop was set up decently well. I guessed that that was what the episode was going for when Kero-chan saved his game the second time.
Feb 27, 5:45 PM
Jul 2022
the backstory was cool and i love Tomoya's mom as a character so far she steals every scene she's in

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.