Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2009 3:17 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THE END!!

So complicating, the evil side controlling the colonies... (Nerval and Leopard, the father and the son)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 29, 2009 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
do you mind posting a link to the RAW episode? thanks
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2009 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
Going to miss "I Have Control."

Also Vocaloid :<
Jun 29, 2009 11:18 PM

Nov 2007
kaminakun said:

Here you go!
http://up.b9dm.com/lz/10466.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 30, 2009 2:09 PM

Mar 2008
tsubasalover said:
kaminakun said:

Here you go!
http://up.b9dm.com/lz/10466.html

Thank you ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2009 2:57 PM

Feb 2008
Hatsune Miku lmao

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 30, 2009 8:27 PM

Jul 2008
So everyone including Nerval survives =.= it's almost look like there aren't really any bad sides to begin with except for the other Leopard^^ I would like to see the fight between Nami and Kagura but it's a shame they jump right into the part where Kagura defeat her but oh well :)
Jul 1, 2009 7:02 PM

Mar 2008
the ending was kinda rushed IMO ... I was somehow expecting more than just a Gunbuster kick to end the show ><
Jul 3, 2009 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
What a boring ending. There was so much deus ex that I lost count. Well, whatever. There was so much wrong with this show, that I just don't dare list it all. That said, it was entertaining in a sad way and the cgi was way too goregous.

4/10...
Jul 4, 2009 12:54 AM

Dec 2007
rush ending sucks
but i lolz at this
GrumpyFeloJul 4, 2009 1:02 AM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 4, 2009 5:13 AM

Aug 2008
Rushed ending. Maybe if instead of that baseball filler around ep9 they sliced the stuff in this ep into two eps it would have been better. Well anyway..

noteDhero said:
There was so much wrong with this show, that I just don't dare list it all. That said, it was entertaining in a sad way and the cgi was way too goregous.
I give it a 7/10 as it managed to make me look forward to the next ep by the time of the second half of the show.
Jul 4, 2009 5:31 AM

Apr 2009
I was a bit lost in the end, but it made me laugh in the end.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 4, 2009 6:23 AM

Oct 2007
It just happened to have a beginning and it just happened to have an ending.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 4, 2009 6:39 AM

Nov 2008
I liked the show a lot. But major cliff-hangers and Nerval isn't a bad guy anymore all of a sudden?
Jul 4, 2009 8:37 AM

Jan 2008
Confusing and poorly written to the last episode. But, I will miss the sexiest spacesuits in anime history.
Jul 4, 2009 9:58 AM

Feb 2009
How easily it is to turn against your ally. I mean they all think of saving Nami that willingly turned evil and never gave a second thought about Leopard knowing about that the blades they put on him are cursed.

Another thing is that I wonder why only Aleida and Honoka never aged for the past 50 years while the others got older.

I will definitely miss Leopard's evil laugh.
Jul 4, 2009 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:

1) XD
2) Honoka was a artificially made weapon, so I guess her appearance isn't made to age. Don't know about Kagura though...
3) Yes ^^
Jul 4, 2009 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
Well, the ending did feel a bit rushed but it was good enough. I'm going to miss watching this really.
Jul 4, 2009 4:41 PM

Oct 2008
Despite all its flaws i still give it an 8 mainly because i was excited for each episode released, the latter half was far better then the first though
Jul 5, 2009 4:40 AM

Mar 2008
The final episode is kick-ass for me! (the battles and the unity of former foes)

It was one of the most lively episodes that I have really enjoyed.

Sure it was kinda rushed but I don't care at all just as long as I was entertained so much 'till the end. (at least for me)

(But the baseball episode could have been excluded at all to ensure plot holes are covered and flaws are lessened. XD I was wondering if there are plots here though ^_^')

I was glad that I followed this series anyways. ^_^

I wonder if they would make an alternate universe of this as another series for Sora Kake Girl the way they did to Mai-HiME? ^_^' (Or an extra OVA perhaps?)

It's been a fun ride to the space along this series.

I gave it a 10/10 for many reasons that's unnecessary for anyone to know. ^_^
BlueZJul 5, 2009 4:45 AM
Jul 5, 2009 7:17 AM

May 2008
Crappy closure.

They never explained us what exactly happened 50 years ago and what was that "prince of darkness" -_-

Despite the flaws it was an entertaining show, dunno if I should give 6/10 or 7/10.
Jul 6, 2009 10:16 PM

Jun 2008
Sora Kake was lulz worthy if you ask me. I did like the first half of the show more than the rest because it was focused more in Leopard and Itsuki. I didn't care much about Akiha.

I understand that the ending was rushed and it would've been better if they would've added a few more minutes to tie things up a bit. At any rate, it's not like we were supposed be expect a well made ending/conclusion for this show seeing where it's coming from. I had plenty of fun thanks to amazing Leopardo. It gets a 7/10 from me.
Jul 12, 2009 7:53 AM
Aug 2008
Soulstrider said:
Crappy closure.

They never explained us what exactly happened 50 years ago and what was that "prince of darkness" -_-

Despite the flaws it was an entertaining show, dunno if I should give 6/10 or 7/10.

I could have lived with that if they had made the paper with a message in the diner hook up to a resolution.

I think "prince of darkness" was just rhetoric rather than something plot-significant. Basically, the whole show was not going to stand up to any kind of logical analysis, so ... I just relaxed and watched the eye candy.
Jul 20, 2009 5:56 AM

Apr 2008
a fine ending ... 8/10 overall

Jul 25, 2009 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
I'd like to watch all twenty-six episodes on one go before I finalize a score, but I'm leaning towards 8/10. I thought the show was brilliant up until the late teens and then it began to sputter and pivotal moments were msised in the form of big let downs. Overall though it was highly entertaining, had a good soundtrack, and had Leopard.
Aug 5, 2009 3:10 AM

Jan 2008
what?? that's it?? (that what i had in mind after finishing it =_=)
but i still wounder.. what was that mark on Akiha cheek when she kicked leopard??
i know it was the same one for the box.. but why was it there .. doesn't make any sense..
and i really feel sorry for nami.. i think they neglect her so much.. and they wonder why she is like that?? but hope she get some life philosophy from tetsuji XD

well i hope there is an OVA something like sifr from my otome.. to look into what happend 50 yrs ago..

Aug 7, 2009 1:04 PM

Jan 2008
despite leaving a few things unclosed and other things not explained, it was entertaining and never really had a dull moment. i would have liked to see dark leopard and nami have more fun but oh well. looking at maybe a 7/10
Aug 11, 2009 11:17 AM

Dec 2008
I expected more from the ending
but all in one this show was entertaining and addictive for me
In my opinion this show could last 50 eps

What I not liked was tyipcal for Sunrise - too many characters

7/10
Aug 12, 2009 3:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I have concluded that the entire series was a parody, so I give a high rating of 7/10....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 4, 2009 6:20 PM

Mar 2008
MIKU Period
Sep 26, 2009 9:50 PM

May 2007
I feel like crying on Nami's part. So mistreated TT_TT. I guess I'd feel better if they killed her off and didn't give her the depressing ending where she was pretty much abandoned by everyone, but I guess I'd still be sad. Yep, I'm gonna lose some sleep tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sep 28, 2010 1:06 PM
Jul 2009
Alls well that ends well, it was alot more entertaining then I had first thought. I passed this series up at first, it just didn't seem that serious for anything. But My second time on this was more relaxed and not taken by more interesting series. With a more laxed and chew by the minute additude made the show more enderable, and the ending acts were more enjoyable to watch then some series that I'd put behind this one.
Also I think this is the first series I've seen a glimps of that Mikuru char, for what, it seriously not even an official apperence or even an add gimik. If that brain colony was using it as a voice synthesiser it would have been interesting.
edit- before I forget, one last thing, is about Nami; I get and don't get this char entirely, if I had to compare, I'd put her on the same place as Haruhi, she just seemed tired of the same thing, and wanted to make a place for her self, but got tired of the people that looked at her, and couldn't stand them anymore. But Nami, was really an enemy more to her self then even thoughs she thought that were. She just couldn't come to accept anyone or anything anymore and led her self to her downfall.
Markr24Sep 28, 2010 1:37 PM
Dec 29, 2010 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
Ending was hugely rushed.

It was pretty laughable how everyone turned on leopard in an instant, but then Kazane came off as a complete bitch through the whole series pretty much so i guess it isn't totally surprising. Given how she treated leopard like a slave and expected him to follow her orders, it wouldn't have been surprising for him to turn against her on his own even.

The ending was pretty unsatisfying too. Leopard defeats evil leopard and then "let's go home." What then? Does Leopard stay there? Does Akiha wander space with him? Do the destroy Leopard anyway?

Overall a good series, but the ending kind of brought it down a point.
Feb 5, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
I'm happy that sister did not get forgiven

decent anime overall 7/10
Sep 13, 2011 9:13 AM

Jun 2011
Nice ending IMO. The Brain colonies (Benkei, Xanthippe & Nerval) join forces with humanity to defeat Evil Leopard. Luckily Leopard did not sacrifice himself or this will be another Code Geass ending look-a-alike.

At the end, they all helped Leopard to rebuilt his colony parts but then works together to destroy it again, which is quite ironic. Just love Leopard's decision to shoot his own father without hesitation. Nerval's face was priceless. But the Ebil Leopard is destroyed so that's OK for me.

Wonder what will happen to Nami though. Don't tell me she will be joining Tsutsuji & Benkei in their quest to make their own empire?

And up until now I still don't understand a word Sakura said without Akiha's translation. I guess that's how geniuses are.

Overall, nice anime. Gonna give it 8/10
Jan 26, 2013 12:08 PM

May 2012
Well it finally ended, I must say I was disappointed I had a bit to much expectations when I first saw this anime and read it's synopsis... Although it was rather a interesting concept the story could have been progressed way better, the lack of proper interest to the viewer was quite sad as many times I just lost interest in this anime and would've normally dropped this one long ago.

Either way the final buildup was somewhere decent and in general the art, concept and animations where quite nice in the end everything ended good so in general it ain't a bad anime but they sure could have put more work on the whole interest of the story!

What I still can't figure out is the random Baseball filer that they put in between a quite important part and just didn't follow up on anything with the main story.

So yea I was a bit disappointed but it was still a nice watch 5/10

Lol @ Hatsune Miku appearance on the ending credits!
May 18, 2013 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Time to stop that Leopard bastard~

Aww I feel sorry for poor Nami this episode. It almost feels like she's being manipulated. Anyways, 5/10 on this. Nothing special imo
Oct 3, 2014 8:34 PM

Feb 2013
The one thing this anime lacked: more Takane!

It will be remaining in my favorites (8/10). Action, comedy, fanservice... all of it is just right. All-around very fun anime to watch... again :D

On the story... while it isn't particularly "deep" or anything, I think it makes sense for the show. Nerval was created to be the "perfect" colony... he just went about it the wrong way is all.
Jun 27, 2016 5:33 AM

Nov 2009
aoikishu said:
Nerval isn't a bad guy anymore all of a sudden?

Nerval is the kind of AI who takes over the world for mankind's own good - he just goes too far in doing what he was supposed to do.
When he heard Nami and Tsutsuji, his allies, advising him to become an evil overlord, he realized he must have went too far at some point. He will probably rampage again sometime in the future, when he thinks up some new idea of utopia.

aoikishu said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
2) Another thing is that I wonder why only Aleida and Honoka never aged for the past 50 years while the others got older.

2) Honoka was a artificially made weapon, so I guess her appearance isn't made to age. Don't know about Kagura though...

Shishidou family might be all test tube babies. Notice how the current generation does not have any parents, only a whole lot of super-powerful sisters?
That would explain why they describe Kagura vaguely as "ancestor".

Or maybe Nerval did something to her. He's supposed to be very smart, right?

Ruri-san said:
Wonder what will happen to Nami though. Don't tell me she will be joining Tsutsuji & Benkei in their quest to make their own empire?

They need another girl before it can become a harem anime.
Jul 30, 2019 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
BurntJelly said:

On the story... while it isn't particularly "deep" or anything, I think it makes sense for the show.

Depends on what you consider to be deep. This show does carry a message, you know: it encourages the audience to step out of their boxes (comfort zones?) and live their lives to the fullest, on their own terms, with all the risks that such decision entails. Besides this, it also promotes peaceful resolutions (no enemies were killed in the end, besides the evil Leopard who was unapproachable by other, less drastic means; the only thing I'm concerned about is the fate of Nerval's boxes, since the colony was blown up - maybe a hint at Hiroshima/Nagasaki victims, whose lives were the unfortunate cost of peace?), friendship (remember the "Let's be friends, let's be friends!" robot?) and finding one's place in the society (as Nami repeatedly fails to accomplish, unlike Akiha, who in the end finds a way to be useful, albeit on her own terms - by saving Leopard rather than destroying him, as she was ordered, thus again supporting the idea of friendship, peace and independence on others/self-fulfilment). I'm sure there could be more dug out, but let's not make this any longer and duller.^^

And as to why I rated the show 5/10 despite all of the above - well, I didn't really like it. It had too much fan service, too many deus ex machinas, and too many elements I don't really look for in anime (space, space shuttles, robots - huh, mecha in general).

CurseDestiny said:
I was a bit lost in the end, but it made me laugh in the end.

But yeah, the humour ocassionally did hit the spot, and the characters turned out mostly okay, so I can't hate on the show either.^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo Episode 8 Discussion

Modrzew - Mar 9, 2009

39 by mirocj »»
Mar 8, 2022 7:40 AM

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion

Siva - Mar 30, 2009

21 by KurokamiPhantom »»
Jan 22, 2022 8:31 PM

» Questen about Honoka

Leafa_SAO1 - Mar 9, 2021

1 by 1ncognit0 »»
Aug 14, 2021 1:35 AM

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo Episode 6 Discussion

id - Feb 9, 2009

33 by removed-user »»
Jul 26, 2019 8:47 AM

Poll: » Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo Episode 7 Discussion

gameoffreak8 - Mar 11, 2009

15 by EratiK »»
Sep 12, 2018 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.