Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2009 5:14 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now the series is finally over. It turns out Nouhime's gun shot didn't hit Oichi due to a mysterious power. In the meantime, Mitsuhide and Kojuurou got action time. Mitsuhide plays dirty and points his weapon at Ranmaru who is on his side. Kojuurou end up beating Mitsuhide(but saved Ranmaru) and leave him to burnt in the fire.

Masamune and Yukimura both use their power to blow out the enemy as if they are nothing. Meanwhile, Nouhime is now dead and Oichi proceed to fight Nobunaga. Nobunaga shoot her which end up killing her. Before she hits the ground, Masamune and Yukimura barge in. The fight between Masamune, Yukimura and Nobunaga was good. Nobunaga has quite great skills and could have kill Masamune, just then Tadakatsu arrives to help which turns out he's alive^^ but he was defeated by Nobunaga. At the end, Masamune and Yukimura combine their strength and defeat Nobunaga :D Well, i think the end turn out to be pretty good^^ the war between different forces still continue(Shingen vs Kenshin and Masamune vs Yukimura) but it's all good ^_^
ShanaFlameJun 17, 2009 6:15 PM
Jun 21, 2009 11:12 PM

Apr 2007
NICE ENDING. How Mitsuhide died made me laugh and be disturbed at the same time. He def beat Mikami's (Death Note) Sakujogasm. Mitsuhide had a crazy deathgasm LOL.

When all the character that appeared ONCE came on I was so happy! I hope they come back next season! Also moar Yukimura and Date fanservice. >_>

Jun 23, 2009 8:10 AM

May 2008
its funny how the last episode's subs came out first

Anyways even though this show is a bit unrealistic i really enjoyed it , wouldnt mind a second season hehe

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 23, 2009 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
lolz so things went back as they were?
cuz it seemed as if nothing happened XD
o wells wonder if the second season will be bout the 7th demon king?
Jun 24, 2009 5:52 PM

Mar 2009
Good ending.

it was too unrealistic though like getting superpowers out of nowhere and beating hundreds of men like they are nothing lol.

There is a second season coming up but is there any story left though?
Jul 5, 2009 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
YAY! Now I'm sad that I finished it..
It wasn't bad. I thought there was going to be a loooong fight but I was wrong. In the end nothing really changed.
PandaPuff said:
NICE ENDING. How Mitsuhide died made me laugh and be disturbed at the same time. He def beat Mikami's (Death Note) Sakujogasm. Mitsuhide had a crazy deathgasm LOL.

When all the character that appeared ONCE came on I was so happy! I hope they come back next season! Also moar Yukimura and Date fanservice. >_>

Yeah Mitsuhide's death XD and more fanservice XD
I'm going to watch the second season
I'm guessing it's pretty much going to be the first season with a different enemy or something
Jul 5, 2009 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
that was.....EPIC. Was expected though i guess. Well actually i thought they were gonna leave a cliff hanger for the dvd ep with Nobunaga. Seems i predicted that wrong. Well entertaining ending either way.

Really enjoyed this series overall though, it had some brilliant animation, some great characters, insane fights, but also tatics, clever ideas, character growth and such. Was suprised by some of the things this series actually did. Had it's funny moments too. Was also just plain fun. 8/10

I'm curious what the dvd ep will be, maybe their duel? who knows. Can't wait to see, even if it's out next year :( Also the second season of course, I have no idea what it will be about though.
Jul 5, 2009 3:19 AM

Aug 2008
velcom said:
I'm curious what the dvd ep will be, maybe their duel? who knows. Can't wait to see, even if it's out next year :( Also the second season of course, I have no idea what it will be about though.
Theres plenty more game material if I'm not mistaken... With some of the characters introduced in the parts of this ep (look up some of the games openings, such as Sengoku Basara: Battle Heroes for PSP), though I don't think thats next in the series...

As for the episode itself, its one of the better endings that I have seen... Wraps everything up, while also introducing the next season.
Jul 5, 2009 3:24 AM

Sep 2008
llamaben said:
velcom said:
Theres plenty more game material if I'm not mistaken... With some of the characters introduced in the parts of this ep (look up some of the games openings, such as Sengoku Basara: Battle Heroes for PSP), though I don't think thats next in the series...

oh ok cool, i haven't played the games so i would have no idea :/
Jul 5, 2009 7:11 AM

Feb 2009
Well how's that for an epic ending? Allow me to say "Holy Shit!!". That was just pumped up action throughout the entire ep, and I loved every second of it. This show easily gets 9/10 and I'm really looking forward to the next season, its bound to be awesome.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jul 5, 2009 9:10 AM

Jul 2008
Mitsuhide was just crazy made me lol XD rofl what a scene it was! XD

Gah I love this ending and the anime all in it! 8/10
Jul 5, 2009 9:55 AM
May 2008
Can't really say I'm disappointed with how it ended since I had no expectations but I think overall the ending was poorly done. Mainly due to the super enhanced abilities that come from nowhere (and completely unexplained) and there was next to nothing in story and character development (I guess this show wasn't really meant for that though). I suppose while it lasted it was some mindless fun... but I can't imagine how a second season is possible since there doesn't appear to be any "story" left. 5/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 5, 2009 10:08 AM

Apr 2009
A tad bit disappointing, I was hoping for a more epic ending for the Devil King. This felt a bit rushed and an easier victory than I thought it would be. I guess as a consolation prize Ichi died so hey.

Overall I'd give the series a 6/10. The voice acting was wonderful, the animation & action great, and the music pretty decent. The story was a little bland and there wasn't much depth in it or the characters, however I still liked a number of the characters. It was an entertaining series, a great one at times, so I'd definitely be up for a second season if they go ahead with it.

Certainly much better than I'd of expect of a show with a character whose horse has tailpipes and handlebars.
Jul 5, 2009 10:24 AM

May 2009
Good ending and I'm happy that there'll be a second season!

This anime has been a blast and I've really enjoyed it. Awesome fights, some epic scenes, likkable characters and overall great animation and sound/soundtrack.

8/10
Jul 5, 2009 1:12 PM

May 2008
Felt a bit rushed and I miss the insanity of the 2 first eps.

Still with such a great level of awesomeness it deserves 8/10
Jul 5, 2009 1:56 PM

Nov 2007
a little rushed but still good. glad kenji and the others finally reappeared but would of liked more out of them. the demon kings army should of put up more of a fight to. was cool how he killed honda but kinda sucked he went down wit h that 1 last attack. 8/10 for the awesomeness and looking forward to a 2nd season.
Jul 5, 2009 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
Fan-frigging-tastic! The fights were unbelievable, Norio Wakamato gave a tour de force performance, and we a couple cool, new characters were introduced. My only regret is that Nouhime was taken out so easily by Ichi. Would've loved to see her minigun again in the final battles.

Loved this last episode and I'm now fully back on board for a 2nd season!
Jul 5, 2009 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Ok episode. I'm just heavily disappointed that Norio Wakamoto had to die and practically everyone else but the midget got to live. The beginning and the end were the best the show had to offer, but the middle was kind of bad.

5/10
Jul 5, 2009 6:20 PM

Jan 2008
Seriously, I haven't enjoyed myself that much watching a show in a long time.

I know it's not a masterpiece in all aspects, but for me the overall impact was phenomenal. I don't care if the plot lagged a bit, or if some things were ridiculous.....taking it as a pure bad-ass action show is all I wanted from it, and in that respect it delivered.

I'm fucking pumped for season 2. This ranks for me as one of the most EPIC anime I have ever seen.

\m/
Jul 5, 2009 8:08 PM

Nov 2007
Completely-overblown-hyper-adrenaline-everyone-comes-into-the-fray-battle? That's exactly what I've been expecting from the end of season 1 and thats what they delivered. Damn good end to this awesome series. Season 2 here we go!

One thing though... Nouhime did NOT deserve to die like that >_>, not by Ichi of all people. Can someone with game knowledge please explain what was the deal with Ichi's dark spirit power(?)
Jul 6, 2009 4:21 AM

Jan 2009
Made of epic win! That was so awesome. Tengen Toppa final fights came to mind from explosions, except of the medieval setting. Oda was one of the ruthless guy. Ichi's dark spirit power was strange though. Great ending, up for season 2
Jul 6, 2009 9:55 AM

Aug 2007
Epic ending. I enjoyed the season quite a bit. Definitely looking forward to the next.

8/10

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jul 6, 2009 11:46 AM

Jan 2009
yoyo, as I am lazy (oh yes I am : D), I will not bother reading Anything at all so far in this thread : D
Except for maybe
WinterNightsFall said:
Epic ending. I enjoyed the season quite a bit. Definitely looking forward to the next.

8/10
since it happened to be on-screen while writing : o
anyway I can say I kinda agree with that, since the ending was pretty much everything I'd have wanted from this anime : )
Especially the "final battle"-scene, with Yukimura and Masamune facing off against Nobunaga, that was.. how to put it.. pure epic? sounds pretty lame, but quite accurate xD
OosranJul 6, 2009 2:44 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 6, 2009 2:01 PM

Apr 2007
Not a bad ending, but this show still gets a 5/10 from me.
With how disappointing this has been I'm not sure if I'll watch the second season :/
MonochromeOct 9, 2009 10:57 PM
Jul 7, 2009 5:50 AM

Aug 2008
Great start, great end. The middle was bad enough for me to give it a 6, but me being a history/Sengoku fag and all, I had to give it at least a 7. It took them FOREVER to show Chousakabe(the anchor riding,wave surfing dude in purple) and Mouri(the dude in green) again since episode 1, and more than half the series to show Toshiie and Matsu again.

At least I'm pretty certain season 2
zStorm_DukezJul 7, 2009 5:54 AM
Jul 7, 2009 6:44 AM

Jan 2008
Hahah, fuck that was epic win.
Looking foward to the ova and second season. Gave this an 8 but consider it as a high 8.
Jul 8, 2009 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
Mitsuhide was amusing enough for me to LOL. M thing. It amused me that they executed it like that.

The ending was something to be expected of (after defeating Nobunaga, the warring states were at war again).
Jul 9, 2009 6:25 AM

Nov 2007
kinda rushed a bit, but i didn't expect much so ehh. also majorly confusing introducing random characters at the end there, but since there's a confirmed second season idc.

bit of a letdown, but i'm chalking that up to the long wait between watching 10 and finishing! (waited for ep 11 subs to surface before watching ep 12.)
Jul 10, 2009 5:10 AM

Feb 2009
It all went a little too easy if you ask me, but it didn't bother me because this anime's been pretty darn awesome. I want moarrrr.
Jul 11, 2009 1:39 AM
Jan 2009
9/10 for me, I liked it soo much for what it is.
Alot of chips in the shoulder, but what the hey!! it's just plain epic!!

I'm glad i actually decided to watch this.

can't wait for OVA and S2!!

I-WANT-MORE-ENNGGRISHII!!

SHIT! SO CRAZY!!
Jul 11, 2009 2:13 AM

Jun 2008
Yukimura and Masamune defeat Nobunaga in a hot-blooded boss fight? No complaints with that. Mitsuhide probably has the funniest anime death scene in recent memory, and Date's quotes were too much this episode "LOVIN' IT!". Good animation, Great voice acting, Amusing over the top moments: 7/10
I'll be back for more hilarious Engrish catchphrases next season.
Jul 11, 2009 1:40 PM

Feb 2009
Ichi finally died in the end, though what she pulled on Nouhime was cool...and yet, at the same time, I can only wonder what it was and how it came about.

The episode was definitely rushed and I actually wanted the archer kid to die. He's a kid, sure, but on the battlefield, you're still an enemy.

I didn't like how everybody came rushing when basically the fight was already over (plus, it was reserved to Date and Yukimura) so it would have been nicer if they arrived earlier and actually did more. Additionally, some of them who were introduced in the beginning (generals) never got any air time except for a few seconds in the beginning and a few seconds at the end of the series.

All right series. I gave it a seven but it might be brought down to a six if I think harder on it.
Jul 20, 2009 12:54 AM

Apr 2007
A good end I guess to a decent show. It slumped during the middle after an awesome start, but overall I'm not disappointed I sat through the whole show, despite having other series I like more sitting on the back-burner.

Though it's nice to sit back and enjoy a simple action show from time to time. Sure it wasn't too deep, but I was entertained for the most part. And I still love those first two episodes, can't stress that enough.
Jul 20, 2009 7:59 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode. I liked it. They shown the other regional leaders this late. Wow.
I give the series a 9/10
Jul 22, 2009 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't like how Nobunaga Oda died. He died so easily and in a really cheesy way.
He deserves better.
Jul 23, 2009 1:18 PM

Apr 2009
WHY IS THIS SHOW SO GREAT!? I really want to see season 2, now. This was one of the greatest animes ive ever seen. Its definately going into my top favorites.
Im pumped for Season 2. PUT YA GUNZ ON!
Jul 23, 2009 11:04 PM

Oct 2008
Second season.. I like that!!

Oda Clan

Looking forward to second season!^^
Jul 31, 2009 9:13 AM

Mar 2008
Epic ending just as expected~ Can't wait for the OVA and 2nd season.
I'm gonna miss Date-sama. How I love that guy XD
And I'm gonna miss the OP. OST was epic as well~
Jul 31, 2009 9:15 AM

Jan 2009
darkglows said:
Epic ending just as expected~ Can't wait for the OVA and 2nd season.
I'm gonna miss Date-sama. How I love that guy XD
And I'm gonna miss the OP. OST was epic as well~

yeah Date was awesome, especially with his Engrish : D
anyone knows if there's a date set for the second season yet? I noticed at least the ova is dated already.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 8, 2009 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
So she had a mysterious power, well the way they defeated him wasn't as epic as what I was expecting but that's fine. Second season should be fun although it's some time next year.
Aug 25, 2009 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
Overall I enjoyed it. Great fights, art, animation, and characters each had their own unique thing about them. Very over the top. Too many japanese names was overwhelming at times so much I had to keep the character page open and check back sometimes. Looking forward to the second season and hope it has a better story (doubtful though).
Sep 2, 2009 9:16 AM

Oct 2008
I LOVE the ending! And I will absolutely watch the second season :) Too bad not all the episodes were that exciting...

Mitsuhide's death was spectacular, but he was almost my favourite character! I hope he's not dead and comes back in the second season mwahaha xD

Only a vampire can love you forever.
Sep 10, 2009 2:37 AM

Feb 2008
Evil SOB is finaly dead.
SOB is dead (?) long, long live SOB!
Sep 18, 2009 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
This anime was pure greatness, it gave me my action scene for every episode and all of them were greatness. The main boss was a fuckin g who could actually be taken seriously rather than some punk bitch that most animes give main bosses. He was so much of a g that it took 2.5 other g characters just to kill him. Date Masamune (the dragon guy i believe) was a super g. this anime had too many characters of high g-ness, but thats a good thing. this anime has become my favorite over all that i have seen. im actually having trouble finding another anime to watch due to its lack of greatness. if you have a suggestion of another great anime let me know cuz im bored now that i finished sengoku basara.
Oct 3, 2009 6:20 PM

Feb 2008
Mitsuhide's death.
R.I.P. TTwTT
I loved it though.
That's just so crazy of me though...xD
I guess I love Mitsuhide after all...especially with his deathgasm, I was lawl-ing xD
But I still love it. xD
And OMG! D:
Nobunaga killed Ichi!
The bastard! D< (but he's dead, so good for him xD)
Ichi! D:
I was hoping she'd go yandere at his brother, but in the end she didn't. Damn it xD
Love Noto Mamiko ♥ teehee♪ I'm absolutely straight xD just can't help being a fangirl...x'3
Well, finally I've finish this series! ='D
Can't believe it took me forever to... >_<
Can't wait for the OVA and 2nd season! Wewt! x'3 (I hope they'll get abingdon to sing for their OP/ED again; same with Dustz :'3)

Oct 7, 2009 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
the demon king is defeated, but the war continues
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 9, 2009 10:11 PM

Apr 2009
Nobunaga learned with Dante(devil may cry) how to shot and don't run out of bullets XD

Good ending,but not "GREEEEAT OH MI GODI!" so it gets a 6/10 from me. =]
Nov 16, 2009 7:09 PM

Apr 2007
Meh. There was nothing about this series that made it stand out from all the average animes.
Jan 15, 2010 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
OHH MY, THAT WAS OUT OF THE WORLD EPICNESS. IT WAS A DECENT ENDING. I LOVED HOW ALL OF THEM SHOWED POWERS THAT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD, OOHH MAN, POWERS, POWERS, AND MORE POWERS!

Okay, so that Grim Reaper was gay. Sucks to be him. Good to see Oda die, although I will miss him since he was a great villain. Also, I wouldn't question how did Nouhime die because this show is about powers that is out of my league, lol.

It's also good to see them back. Fighting for te land without Oda and his dictatorship. Tiger of Kai and War God, Yukimura and Masamune, yum very nice indeed.

I'd give this a 7/10. Now, I want a second season. :3 More powers please. >:D
Jan 25, 2010 4:20 AM

Aug 2008
Really enjoyed this series. Havin' Wakamoto as a villain really made it for me. Epic voice that man has.

Date and Yukimura were awesome. I loved all the interactions between Kenshin and Kasuga. Knew that both Kenshin and the Tiger of Kai Takeda would be alrite. Was good to see them fighting at the end :D.

One thing that had me absolutely rollin' though was Mitsuhide's gasmin' at bein' slashed and killed. Jeez. That bloke was mental. :B

Will be watchin' the second season when it comes out. For more OYAKATASAMA! YUKIMURA! moments. Loved it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

57 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 10 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 3, 2009

43 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

48 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 21, 2009

45 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Sengoku BASARA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chimp - May 19, 2009

53 by sharosharo »»
Apr 19, 3:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.