Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2010 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
This is going nicely and I can't wait for the Grand Finale!
Oh boy, What kind of stunt are they going to pull off?
Oct 15, 2010 1:58 PM
Jul 2010
xephemeroptera said:
didn't expect to love this ep as much as I did =)
psychological character exploration is awesome

QFT

I loved the way this made me think about myself and what purpose I find in life. It also gave us a nice insight on the characters' minds and past.

Also, it seems like the Human Complement Project (or whatever it's called) is something that has to do with uniting everyone's mind so people can complement each other weaknesses. It's an interesting idea but my opinion is that it should have remained only an idea.

The only complaint I have is the excessive re-use of footage from other episodes. At some situations they used the same footage and just talked differently. I didn't like that. Maybe their budget was low...
Nov 9, 2010 7:27 AM
Jul 2009
I love it
I'm one of those "crazy" eva fans that absolutely adores the last 2 episodes
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Nov 9, 2010 1:11 PM

Feb 2010
I can haz mind f**k? What the hell was that?!

Now I have a huge headache. Great. Thanks.
Nov 17, 2010 4:21 PM

Feb 2010
cantius said:
well that was a waste of time.

why u trollin' bro :s
LUL
Nov 17, 2010 6:35 PM

Jun 2009
one-more-time said:
cantius said:
well that was a waste of time.

why u trollin' bro :s

LOL, expressing your opinion isn't trolling.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 19, 2010 5:03 PM

Jul 2010
Trippy as hell, and somewhat disappointing. Psychological, yes, but tedious. They definitely could've packed more action into this episode. I wonder how the final episode's gonna wrap everything up?
Jan 1, 2011 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
Pretentious bullcrap, a lot of psychobabble, what sense could be made out of it could have been reduced to a five minute ep. I thought the frozen scenes and repetition of the same frames in previous eps were annoying but this... time definately wasted.

Not sure whether to roll my eyes or sigh after watching...
Jan 15, 2011 8:43 PM

Jul 2010
Lol i was going crazy watching this episode..
Feb 15, 2011 1:17 AM

Aug 2010
Too much forced DEEPness.
SkyFeb 15, 2011 1:45 AM
Feb 24, 2011 12:37 AM

Sep 2009
Love love love love.

Only negative aspects were the recycling of nearly every piece of animation, and a hardcore lack of Penguins in Shinji's mind.
Mar 16, 2011 3:43 PM
Jul 2009
Uh, this doesn't make any sanse at all anymore...

The anime started out as a pretty simple mecha fighting series, which I didn't like. Then it started to focus more on the characters, and less on the fighting part (I guess), which I kinda liked. But from there it went downhill and now it makes no sense at all...
May 8, 2011 10:28 PM

Oct 2008
So strange.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 15, 2011 4:04 AM
Dec 2010
yare yare , This "I'm me in your mind, im lonely, i'm hated , im blah blah blah" is not the best part of this anime i can tell :-/
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jun 2, 2011 7:09 PM

Aug 2010
I remember the first time a saw this with my pal and his words were "Welcome to the mind rape" at that time i agree with him because i didn't get much of what was going on (it really is difficult to keep up with this) but i have to say that episode 25-26 is the real evangelion

The longing for love, being accepted, being with someone...all of that things depict what a human is or at least part of our very existence, cause we only exist when we coexist with others (filosophy yeah i know..)
Jul 5, 2011 10:27 PM

Feb 2010
Ive never watched anything as taxing on my mind as this episode.
Total MindFuck at its finest.

Finally im unable to understand most of it...
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was such a horrible mindfu*k that I could barely stand it(I guess that's the point of it being a mindfu*k to start with). I probably spent 40 mins on 20 mins episode and I'm even kinda' sleepy. I agree that this may be the real Evangelion, because it differs too much from the other episodes. I feel like these 20 minutes were more important than it might seems at first. I just hope next episode is not so confusing or I don't know what my thoughts on the anime will be. I'll probably score it tomorrow, though.
I finally realized how good the ED actually is. It felt so nice after all I saw...
p.s. I feel like watching some bullshit after this depressing mindfu*king anime. Something mindless like Hidan no Aria.
Aug 31, 2011 4:10 PM

Feb 2010
RangFlash said:
I loved this episode. It was directed in a very strange and memorable way. The psycho babble was not really babble in my opinion, because it made sense when compared to the rest of the show.

I agree with what u said the problem was that it was a bit too long.
Sheepshaman.png
Nov 22, 2011 4:11 AM

Jul 2009
Really DEEP episode! K-PAX IS SHIT!

+pic related

Nov 27, 2011 8:21 PM

Mar 2010
The reason I didn't end up enjoying this episode was that it was just jam packed and left for you to sort out and understand the psyche of the characters. But, in doing that, it feels like was just too much to take in about just ONE single character (besides the fact that we already knew what the characters were like around episode 17). It was just a cluster of psychological talk and not much power behind it. It's hard to explain, besides that. Not too impressed, but I hope the next episode takes us somewhere. Looking forward to the next!
Feb 5, 2012 9:34 AM
Nov 2009
wow. this episode is seriously mind torturing me. please no more =.="
Mar 11, 2012 10:42 AM

Jan 2012
The last two episodes do wrap everything up in a sense. They go deep down into the each characters psyche and perform a fantastic psychoanalysis...unfortunately the budget then ran out. I'm rewatching this and i realized that there really was no way that Anno could have left the series on this sort of note...thank god for EoE. Even so, these last two episodes do in fact wrap up the series and provide a conclusion...EVA's plot comes second when it comes to it's characters.
Mar 12, 2012 4:34 AM

Jun 2011
This is one anime that makes less sense the more I watch it.
Mar 27, 2012 3:21 AM
Jul 2018
Aside from the character background covering, all the rest was worthless. Worst ep so far for me.
May 10, 2012 8:13 PM

Jun 2011
I didn't really find it too confusing. They portrayed everything successfully and got what they wanted to do done. But then they made it more complicated and drawn out. What could have been a really cool episode ended up falling short imo. I think Ergo Proxy did this sort of thing much better.
Jun 6, 2012 5:54 AM

Mar 2008
For me this wasn't much of a mindfuck, seen 'worse' (or better).
So uhm... is it all taking place in Shinji's mind?
mhm only 1 episode to go..
Jun 18, 2012 12:38 AM

Feb 2012
This episode explored some interesting concepts, but was extremely boring. It was interesting for about five minutes, and then it got old. I don’t think I ever want to watch this episode ever again for the rest of my life.
Jul 12, 2012 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
I felt that Touji Suzuhara should have been in this episode. He is the fourth child and he did survive when his entry plug was crushed. Did he not make that much of an impact with the other people involved with Evangelion?
Jul 13, 2012 12:18 PM

Jul 2010
worst episode of the series by far. wanted to fall asleep half of the time.

Jul 24, 2012 10:17 PM

Jun 2012
Was rather boring to sit through, but it also was rather thought provoking.

It made me come to a realization about myself; sometimes the things I tell myself I want aren't what I truly want.

Also, the themes of the "me" in other peoples minds really got to me. I thought it was an interesting philosophy that there is a different "me" which exists in others perceptions.

This was a really deep episode.
LarasoJul 24, 2012 10:20 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Aug 15, 2012 9:56 AM
Jul 2012
I have no clue what the fuck is going on. At first I thought shinji was being a badass detective, then at the end I was so lost and my mind has been completely raped
Aug 18, 2012 12:02 PM

Feb 2009
?????????????????????????

I don't even think Gainax knew what the hell they were doing when they made this episode.
Sep 13, 2012 4:33 PM
Oct 2011
while the last two episodes do have a THEMATIC conclusion to them i still think they feel quite anti-climatic i personally like end of eva better because it combines both a thematic conclusion and a more climatic feeling ending

also if you watch these episodes after end of eva you will notice a couple of VERY brief scenes from the movie in them
Sep 14, 2012 5:14 PM

Aug 2011
aoio said:
The first 24 episodes were the filler. 25-26 are Evangelion.

Interesting thought...
Dec 10, 2012 11:20 AM

May 2012
What a depressing/melodramatic episode, this tbh doesn't fit in the story, it would be okey if it was like a short fragment but to dedicate a whole episode to it...

But okey up to the final episode of this season, lets hope they finish it off proper with at least a proper action fight or something similar thrilling!
Dec 15, 2012 9:49 PM

Aug 2012
I started spacing out close to the beginning, and I don't think I retained anything from this episode.
Jan 11, 2013 8:11 PM

Apr 2012
I am not really sure how to feel about this episode. In general, I have enjoyed the psychological elements of this series and this episode certainly focused on those rather heavily. What was great about this episode was getting further insight into the minds of the main characters and seeing how they all share similar fears.

What was not great about this episode was the pacing. It really dragged in certain places mainly because it felt like they just kept belaboring the same point. I think they definitely could have condensed the content here without affecting the elements that were great about this episode.
Jan 17, 2013 12:44 PM

Mar 2009
I've re-watched this episode again and I find myself asking the same question-was it really necessary? It was interesting getting inside the main character's heads but it felt like it detracted from the main storyline.
Feb 25, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't mind it.
Everyone is just down on themselves and depressed.
Mar 17, 2013 6:33 PM
Apr 2012
I agree that this episode was a bit boring to watch but at least it made sense for the most part. Which can't be said about the last few episodes. HOWEVER, what the fuck is this?? What happened to the story and the 10000000000000 questions left unanswered?
Mar 20, 2013 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
i didnt like it. I liked the psychological aspect of this series, but they just tried too hard in this episode. felt repetitive and yet hurt my head because it was said in a way that was suppose to sound confusing. Definitely didnt feel like the second to last episode to the series. all of these problems to all these characters just pop up out of nowhere, and none of them have an intense plot line to finish off the series. I had to delete my words last episode review saying it seemed to be derailing, but, derailed. Idk if I want the headache of the last ep right now. man, how could gainax have gone so wrong the second half
Apr 17, 2013 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
Least interesting episode of the series imo. Random episode is random.
May 10, 2013 11:30 AM

Feb 2012
Wow this was heavy episode. A lot of characters viewpoints.

Thoughts from Episode 25

Think this episode however was kind of useful but it could been even better. Still it was good for Psychological viewpoint. I like how they went to characters mind inside telling stories. each and showing Shinji what each characters felt in life and why they become who they are.

But in the end everyone's reason is same they wanted to be praised and lovef by everyone this includes: Misato, Rei, Shinji, and Asuka. It was nice to see their stories told in interrogation room. But what they ment that Shinji wished for world with nothiingless and only despression. Was this created how he felt when no one didn't praise him or save him.

And did Misato really wanted to show Shinji her dirty site. When she was with Kaji I don't know but this episode was so mind game stuff. Well other point was no one wants to be left alone in the dark. And seeing those bullet shots and Misato lying there was like same stuff that happened with Akagi and Rei.

So did they know forget ADAM and Angels. And next episode is same speaking stuff probably... To the final episode. Hope it will clear some things.
MixxuMay 10, 2013 11:43 AM
May 21, 2013 4:48 AM
May 2012
truly mind fcking episode
Ezsence
Jun 2, 2013 12:54 AM
Jul 2018

Shinji wishes for the world to be destroyed.
That was he as before when his father abandoned him.
Jun 2, 2013 8:50 AM

Oct 2008
i'm not sure about everyone else but that was a pretty interesting episode
Jun 2, 2013 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
Alright too much mind fuck....I'm starting to wonder though what the real central issue of the anime is, I thought it was the Evas and the Angels...but they have dedicated a serious amount of the show to the character's own problems, and to be honest, IMO I think it should have been something to have been resolved awhile back, not at the second to last or now I'm even fearing the final episode of the show.

As a side note, I'm wondering if the Monogatari series (Bake-, Nisei-, Neko-) took notes from this episode, considering the Monogatari series resembles this episode's format so damn much.
Venom900Jun 2, 2013 2:55 PM

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 11, 2013 4:51 PM

Jan 2012
ThreePercent said:
I started spacing out close to the beginning, and I don't think I retained anything from this episode.

Pretty much the last 6 episodes right there.
Jun 24, 2013 2:04 PM
May 2013
I couldn't understand almost anything form this episode, I think I will try to understand NGE after I will study the human psychology

I'm glad I've watched The end of Evangelion before, because this episode is making a lot more sense now.
Jun 24, 2013 9:44 PM
Jun 2013
I found this episode to be extremely unexpected compared to the rest of the series. After finishing the series I lost the sense of "wow" that I experienced during the first 24 episodes. After watching End of Eva, I came back and re watched the last two again. I can say without understanding, the episodes are a stretch to claim love for. By now though I have a better respect for their initial wishes in the direction. One of my favorite anime.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

813 by BitBitt »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

343 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 15, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

195 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 15, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

188 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
May 8, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

152 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 8, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.