Forum Settings
Forums

Last anime you watched >>> Rate + Mini-Review/Thoughts

New
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »
Jul 6, 2011 6:43 AM
May 2010
Grave of the Fireflies
What. The. F**k. This is as every bit as depressing as people described. As the end credits roll, the sorrow I hadn't feel for the past hour and a half crashed in like the sudden bombardment of the air raids themselves. The ending meant so much, concluding the message the movie represents, connecting with the very first scene in the film to complete the masterpiece. There is no happy ending for you, the main character. You f-ed up. And in the big world where everyone moves on, you're just another kid who f-ed up. Too bad.

Depressing, yet not over exaggerated. 9/10.
Jul 6, 2011 10:51 AM

Nov 2009
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

I'm not into magical girl series a lot. Before Madoka, I had only watched some episodes of Tokyo Mew Mew, which I dropped quite early since I didn't find it very interesting.

I'm not sure why I even decided to watch this series, but I'm glad I did. I'm trying to think anything bad about it, but only thing would probably the art, which I'm not a big fan of, though it wasn't bad either. I'll still give it a 10 because that's just how much I enjoyed it.
Nov 23, 2011 6:09 PM

Jul 2008
i watch 3 anime these last few days
- ponyo
finly i watch that .... not mayazaki best but i see what he want to make . a real kids movie, japan start to forget that anime for kids and the animetion so great, but the plot was normal and the charchter was the best things in the movies not to comblix but so real "i fel i know all how in these film"
must see "8 // 10"

- MS gundam 0079
how an anime from 1979 make me love it that mach! these anime age very will but not in the animetion , the art is so cheep i know it from the 70's but can't thy use i don't know a ruler lots of line don't use ruler to make thim make the not to mach straight and to mach stock footage you will see lots of secen repeted alot -__-, but the story so strong and hold up for today standers and char is one of the best vilins you will ever see, amaro start as whiny charcher thin become better and better, see it for the story not the animetions

muse see for all mecha fans 9 // 10

- cat soup
? ? ? O__O
!!! =___=
i have no idea what i just saw
wierdest anime ever, rely i watch lots of wierd anime these is the wierdst
and i watch exiel saga
must be understand 7 // 10

i know these old topic but it great to be forgaten
Nov 23, 2011 7:39 PM

Aug 2010
I just finished Ikoku no Meiro Croisee and I really enjoyed it. It's got great atmosphere and interesting characters. It made me laugh and it had me making that "Dawwww" noise whenever something particularly cute happened. Not to mention the fact that they clearly did a lot of research into 19th century paris, everything looks wonderful. On the whole, very enjoyable, 9/10.
Nov 23, 2011 7:48 PM
Jul 2011
I just finished Haibane Renmei about 5 minutes ago, so this post was a very interesting coincidence.
My Score: 9
Tiny Review: This anime knows how to draw you in. I have nothing bad to say about it at all except that maybe the first half was a little too slow. Even then however, I was completely absorbed in every episode, which provided a lot of subtle world-building and character development. It asks a lot of big and ambitious questions, but it does something much better than merely answer them. This anime admits that there are no answers to those questions, and chooses to analyze the plight of the characters faced with these questions. The beauty of the show is that you don't really notice when the themes are introduced because of how subtly it is all played out. This goes in the short-list of anime to re-watch before I die. Truly a wonderful anime.

Now that I finished writing that, and got my thoughts in order, I think a 10 would be more appropriate.
Nov 23, 2011 9:00 PM

Aug 2011
Itazura na Kiss, finished about a week ago. I actually enjoyed it very much, and was very mindfucked when I found out that It Started with a Kiss, the Taiwanese drama, was based off of this anime. Irie was a mofo until the very end, but I absolutely loved Kotoko. She was really interesting to watch, with all of her antics. I loved seeing Irie and Kotoko moments, and I liked all of the "drama" that tried to tear them apart. Overall, 8/10, but I am VERY close to giving it a 9.
Nov 23, 2011 10:35 PM

Feb 2010
Ouran High School Host Club- Honestly, i was a bit disappointed. With popular it is and how high it is rated, i was expecting more. It was very funny and goofy, but the parody-ness got old for me, and there were times i was craving the drama of a real shoujo anime, not OHSHC's fake parody drama. The music was good but forgettable, and the art was good but forgettable, so I'm left with a "good" anime. I give it a 7.
Nov 24, 2011 10:49 AM

Jul 2011
No. 6

8/10! It was worth watching and pretty interesting. I've always been a fan of futuristic/dystopian plots. I loved Nezumi's character ^_^ The graphics were nice, too, especially in the OP.

On the downside, it should have been a lot longer than just 11 episodes. The ending was slightly rushed, but I cried nonetheless >< And I could do without the shounen-ai tones.. x;
Nov 24, 2011 11:04 AM
Jul 2011
kingaroo said:
No. 6

8/10! It was worth watching and pretty interesting.

Disagree. I regret watching this anime.

kingaroo said:
On the downside, it should have been a lot longer than just 11 episodes.

Agree. I'm sure it could have been something so much better if it didn't have as many restrictions. (That first episode was amazing).

kingaroo said:
And I could do without the shounen-ai tones.. x;

Disagree. I am not a fan of yaoi, but I felt that their gayness for each other added some depth and intrigue to their relationship (as opposed to the regular "FRIENDSHIP!" that gets thrown around). I would go as far to say that it was the best part of the show, and the only reason I kept watching it all the way to the end.

BTW it was a little more explicit than "tones" ;)
Nov 25, 2011 3:12 PM

Jun 2008
Ponyo - 8/10

A super cute, adorable, magical movie aimed at children. Heart-warming, enjoyable, colorful, not boring nor annoying. Sure, visuals > story, but it's good nevertheless. Even though I'm not a Ghibli fan, I really liked it.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Nov 25, 2011 3:19 PM
Nov 2011
Rin : Daughters of Mnemosyne.

I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

The plot was very original and riveting, i really loved it. i love the whole idea of changing time frames every episode.
The protagonist, Rin, was just plain badass. i also quite liked the main "villain", Apos, which is always a good sign of a good anime.

I just found this to be an awesome watch. not very long, so quite bearable even if you're not so into it.
Nov 25, 2011 3:47 PM

Mar 2009
Ocha-Ken: 9

The episodes were short but enjoyable and I liked the design of the animals. It was a relaxing watch too.
Nov 27, 2011 12:49 AM

Dec 2010
Legend of the galactic heroes. 9/10

Great storytelling with compelling and diverse characters. The narrator mentions times and dates a lot of times but I don't even keep track of that on the back of my head. The show isn't subtle and a lot of the content in the show is from dialogue so it's easy to watch. Best parts were the characters interpretations of democracy vs autocracy/what a politician does/human character behavior.

Criticisms
*It was great but characters muse too much sometimes. A metaphor was in every other episode.
*Although the space battles/strategies were besides the point of the anime you're just gonna have to accept the battles for the sake of storytelling. You can tell what's going on, but not really why the characters are commanding their ships that way though I've read somewhere LOGH spaceships best resembles navy battles which I don't know much about or care about it.
Nov 28, 2011 2:34 AM

Mar 2009
Double-J: 3/10

It was lame. There was only maybe one or close to one funny moment. Besides that, it was crap. The only good thing was the ED... and luckily the episodes were short.
Nov 28, 2011 6:31 AM

Jun 2011
Steins;Gate

Overall: 10

Steins;Gate is just an insane roller coaster from start to finish (well,
. On top of giving us an insane story, great characters, and pretty good art, they managed to slip a few morals in there, such as the one that humans are not ready for the power of god for they will destroy themselves with it. I absolutely loved every part of it, and I'm waiting anxiously for the upcoming movie.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Nov 28, 2011 8:59 AM

Feb 2011
Last Exile: 8

Episodes: 26

Nice story, well character development, ships are always welcome, and nice atmosfere during all the serie. Dio is really good character and all of them are ok!

I recommend it, it's more near a 9 than a 7.
Nov 28, 2011 11:33 AM

Mar 2011
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai : 5/10

While the beginning was promising, the rest of the series kinda fall apart. Every episode was less interesting than the previous. The characters and their problems, with each episode became less real and important. As a result the "dramatic" aspects of the series felt too forced and in the end it was more funny than serious. Overall a great disappointment for me.
Nov 28, 2011 12:18 PM
Feb 2011
Aria the Origination/The Whole Aria Franchise

7.5 - 7.9/10

Some serious potential, I will admit. However characters like President Aria could not be wiped from the face of the earth fast enough. That sort of high-pitched/expressive voice acting.. I don't know. It didn't fit so well with the feel of the show. The show could've taken itself less seriously and just been about floating around Neo-Venezia meeting the townspeople (without the cats mostly) and I would've given it an 8 easy. And my favorite character Akatsuki the Salamander was sort of reduced to... well, less than he could've been, and he was awesome. OST was awesome as well.
002173Nov 28, 2011 12:23 PM
Jan 25, 2012 10:19 PM

Jun 2008
Onii-sama e - 7/10

Enjoyable melodrama galore filled with unstable girls.

+ Wonderful art and animation
+ Interesting characters
+ Nice music
+ It's relaxing and dreamy, but sometimes becomes crazy.

- Tragically underdeveloped. Things were introduced, but never got elaborated properly. Some parts of the story didn't really make sense.
- Too many repeating sequences of the character's movements, and tons of pointless shots focusing on trains and birds.

Jan 25, 2012 10:41 PM

Jan 2012
Chaos;head.

5/10

Major disappointment. The plot seemed okay in the beginning, with an interesting main character, but later landslided to a disaster. The plot just twisted to the point of nonsense. Convoluted with near to useless characters and unnecessarily confusing concepts, this anime was an overall disappoinment.

Plot-2/5
Characters-3.5/5
Music/sound-2/5
Visuals-3/5 (cool di-swords)
smakeyJan 25, 2012 10:46 PM
Jan 25, 2012 10:45 PM

Aug 2011
Darker than Black

9/10

Flippin' good. Love the setting of it, really reminds me of Durarara. The action part also reminds me of FMA Brotherhood, my favourite anime of all time. Hei is an amazingly well developed character, and so are many of the supporting characters. This anime does not hesitate to kill people off, which is a plus.

The episodic nature of DTB did get to me, but it wasn't that much of a negative part. I wish more questions could've been answered, about the whole "gate" stuff.

Ending was pretty good. I am not going to watch Ryuusei no Gemini because I have heard that it ruins the whole series. I am content with the ending of DTB season 1 and do not want it to get messed up by season 2. I also love Hei and Yin as a pairing, and wish to see more of them (as I understand, there is almost no Yin in season 2).
Jan 25, 2012 10:48 PM

Mar 2009
Kimi to Boku - 7

A few episodes were boring. Most of the characters were boring but somehow the series was decent. I think that female character shouldn't even have been in the series at all.
Jan 25, 2012 11:01 PM

Jul 2007
Eve no Jikan 8/10

Finally after 4 years, I've finished this. It was a really nice series, but was limited due to only having 6 episodes. I would have really enjoyed more episodes built around Rikuo and his robot, Sammy. Still, it was an interesting and, at some points, moving series.
May 20, 2012 2:30 AM
May 2010
Bump, man...

Another - 11 of 12 Episodes Seen
Since I have not seen the last episode of the series yet (still waiting patiently for Taka), this should not be considered as an official review (hence me not submitting this to the anime page itself) but rather a reflection of the series so far, as I have a few things I would like to sound out. This review is spoiler-free.

First off, there were a number of people who compared this to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - boy leaves the urban jungle for the countryside/village, only to encounter rumors about dark pasts and disturbing tales. Bad things happen. But in honesty, it's like comparing Cardcaptor Sakura to Sailormoon, Pokemon to Digimon, or Clannad to Kanon. True, both have similar foundations laid out for the plot that is to come, but the idea and the very design of both series are practically fire and ice.

When I first heard that Another might just be another Higurashi, I was stoked. I've been waiting for another Higurashi/Madoka Magica for a long time, a shock factor-filled anime with characters I'd have to endure watching being slaughtered in unspeakable manners, making me feeling more sympathetic than horrified or disturbed. That's the thing Another lacked - characters I could CARE about.

What constantly annoys me throughout the series is Kouichi's type of character - the protagonist. Not just any protagonist. He's the protagonist you would play in a JRPG visual novel game, a blank state. There would be almost no personality imbued into the character, because that character would be you, thus the personality will be imagined by you, the player, and be input it into the protagonist imaginatively. Sure, they gave a little backstory about Kouichi's mum as well, but other than that, the only depth anyone has in the series is the girl with the eyepatch (won't name her here), and even she felt like a generic tragic shoujo remniscent of Enma Ai.

Another example of this is the people who die in this series (yes, people do die in this series; it's not a spoiler, it's obvious) have no sufficient screentime. I could barely remember their names when I watched Episode 11 after only laying off watching the anime for one mere week. The other main characters, at least, I could remember due to their numerous appearances, but the others were practically there to be slaughtered Final Destination style.

And it wasn't just the names. The victims, too, don't have much personalities or backstories to go about. A good horror story would be terrifying when we see the characters die because they are characters we CARE about. Being shaken by the gruesome scenes in Saw is not being terrified or disturbing. That's just being grossed out. The reason I love Higurashi so much was not the gruesome deaths. It's because the writer made me care about Mion, Rika, Rena, etc. with the slice-of-life comedy elements added into the mix. Concern about the characters' wellfare - that's the golden honey Another failed to threw into the ingredients.

The main source of this problem came from the writers trying too hard to insert smart references and deconstructional elements into the series. The deaths are amazingly well-drawn and well-sequenced. The body count has never been as epic since Friday the 13th (the original, not the rerape). The shocks and thrills were still kinda weak in comparison to Higurashi, but on its own, they were still pretty entertaining and enjoyable (reason I haven't dropped it, yet). But, 12 episodes might be too little space for the writers to squeeze both the smarts and the love (for the characters) into one series. It's the same problem Joss Whedon faced when writing Cabin in the Woods, and even that was more fun than Another. If anything gratifying, Another simply has a good mystery going on, even though that's due to the truth being hid behind smoke and mirrors (rather than behind a puzzle of logic like the old episodes of Detective Conan). But even that, I could not forgive, because I never really forgave Conan before for sacrificing character development in exchange for tough mysteries, on occasions.

Still, there is the last episode. Would all the character development that were never there be explained it all away neatly and perfectly in an unexpected wham! episode in the end? I'm cynical about it, but who knows? But as of now...

5/10
May 20, 2012 10:28 PM

Apr 2012
Durarara!!

The first half of Durarara was well-paced, exciting, and a pure joy to watch. The changing of perspectives between epiosdes added to the excitement and fun I had while watching the series. The latter half of the series, however, was definitely not as strong. The story became more linear and seemed to drag out a bit towards the end. I think it was around episode 15 or 16 when I began to lose some of my interest. Some questions and plot points were left hanging at the end of the series, but I find this understandable because the series was adapted from a still ongoing light novel series.

Despite it's flaws, I have a lot of love for Durarara. The unique music, modern setting in Ikekuburo, sharp and clean art style, and diverse and likable cast of characters all appeal to me greatly. I guess I would call the series a personal favorite of mine.

Overall I would give it a 8/10.
May 21, 2012 4:31 AM

Jul 2011
Ano Hana- 7/10

This series had potential to be great. However, 11 episodes just wasn't enough for this show to have any impact with me for their characters/ situations. It was good, but wasn't as dramatic as some said it was. Nonetheless, a decent series..
May 21, 2012 4:44 AM
May 2009
Keroro Gunsou - Season 1.

Can't rate the Japanese Dub only the TVB Cantonese Dub.

Dubbing 9/10. Some of my favourite voice actors from the Hong kong Industry.
Comedy 10/10 - Some brilliant moments. Alot of Sunrise Related parodies. Even evangelion.

Characters 9/10 - Some Characters are awesome, Giroro and the girl, Natsumi have a fun to watch relationship going on. Momoka on the other hand is quite annoying, due to her split personality. But she is enjoyable at times. The Keroro Group are also filled with interesting characters.

Overall 9/10. Brilliant, and the dubbing work, is good I am sure some parts have been removed. But No idea what has been removed, since the english dubs for the Japanese dubs are not complete.
May 21, 2012 5:08 AM

Oct 2010
itazura na kiss 10/10

i started it without any expectations, found both of teh main characters annoying as hell for half of the anime but i managed to get to that "half of the anime" part because it got me addicted and got me wanting to see more
probably the best romance story with an awesome ending imo, definitely need more animes like that
lots of music -
May 21, 2012 5:39 AM
Sep 2011
*Dance in the vampire Bund*
9/10

-To be honest, I had low expectations going in to it but I ended up absolutely loving it. It featured some of the most gorgeous artwork I've seen in an anime series in some time, as well as a very enjoyable and catchy ost and a lot of memorable characters. This anime has given me a whole new perspective on vampire stories, something that I'd never cared much about.

Here's a pros & cons list for the peoples!

*PROS
• Stunning visuals
• Beautifully haunting ost
• likeable/memorable characters
• A stylish twist on an old formula
• Romance lovers will definitely get their fill!

*CONS
• Loli alert!( only if you're not okay with that)
• Some characters did not have the development I'd hoped for
• Way too short(12)
May 21, 2012 6:54 AM

Aug 2011
Durarara! - 10/10(Enjoyment)

Story 8/10
I had high expectations for it, but it's better than I expected it to be. Even though it gets weaker towards the end which i assume is the addition of original story to get a better closure for the series. 8/10 because it spread out and major story arcs that I can't be bothered with even though everything does link together.

Characters 9/10
I love the primary main character :3
Love all the main characters except 1. Hate 1 of the supporting character that has a close relationship with 1 of the main character that I like. I love the character, but I hate his decision on that. WHY? Also, some things in this story is a bit gross for me x_x

There are things that I really really like about this series and things that I cannot see myself ever liking it. Love the anime, read the spoilers and summaries about my favourite characters. But I doubt I will be reading the original story(I know there are translations for it).

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
May 24, 2012 2:30 PM

Jan 2009
Duel Masters 4/10
A mysterious organization is interested in fledging duellist Shobu Kirifuda's ability to bring Duel Master creatures to life. With the support of his friends, Shobu duels with passion, discipline, and heart as he strives to be like his father and become the next Kaijudo master.

It's like yu-gi-oh yet not as dramatic and has more comedic moments. If you are looking for a card battle show that has lots of comedic moments, makes fun of itself and is not too serious or dramatic this is the show for you. If not watch yu-gi-oh.

trzr23

24 of 39 people found this review helpful
Other reviews by this user Add to favorites
26 of 26 episodes seen
Overall Rating: 5

Overall 5
Story 5
Animation 5
Sound 5
Character 5
Enjoyment 5

Duel Masters

This will be a “PROs and CONs” review. This is not my usual style, but I feel that this is the best way to judge this anime.

[ PROs and CONs REVIEW ]

PROS:

+If you’re aged 12 or below, then you might actually like this anime.

+If you prefer Cartoon Network and Disney type cartoons over actual anime, then this is a real treat. The 3D creature animations are cool.

+The actual Duel Masters Trading Card Game isn’t half bad. I bought a few packs and played it with my friends around 7 years back. It’s pretty entertaining if you understand the concept.

+Dubbing is, to an extent, well done in English. No idea about the JAP version.

+The comedy is at a passable level and you find yourself laughing with AND at the show.

+And of course, if you’re already a fan of the Duel Masters TDC, then you can’t go wrong with this anime.

CONS:

-If you like Yu-Gi-Oh, then you’re going to absolutely LOATHE this anime, because Duel Masters is, at the end of the day, a Yu-Gi-Oh rip off.

-The animation is dreadful. Normal movements are terribly done and the character design is a disaster.

- The OP and ED are just plain weird. The lyrics of the OP:
Who’s that kid with the spiky hair? SHOBU!
Flaming hand up in the air…SHOBU!
Creatures battle in the zone…SHOBU!
Win& take the trophy home…SHOBU!
Duel with your cards… (Fire)
Play from your heart… (Water)
DUELMASTERS X 4
THE BATTLEZONE

-Once you’re done o_Oing at the lyrics, you will realize what sort of anime you are dealing with. The background score is not impressive either.

-As if the Duel Masters game weren’t hard enough to understand already, the animation studio further confuses the viewer by having matches that contradict the basic rules of the game. For example, a guy can have only five shields, but in the duel that happens in the 2nd episode, a guy gets five extra shields out of nowhere. And no explanation is provided. The way they contradict themselves is epic.

-Hearing “Ikke, Bolshack Dragon!” over and over again is just as annoying as “Team Rocket’s blasting off again!”(Pokemon. Duh?)

-Character development? What’s that?

-You know what, I can’t take it anymore. I’m ending this review right here.
This anime FAILs.

The Bottom-Line:
Unless you love the Trading Card Game (which I doubt you have even heard of), please do not go anywhere near this anime. If you want to watch a card battle game which doesn’t attempt to promote the game cheaply, then stay safe and go for Yu-Gi-Oh.

show less
reportI found this review Helpful Not Helpful
Nov 21, 2007
OtakuFreak

47 of 84 people found this review helpful
26 episodes
Overall Rating: 3

Overall 3
Story 3
Animation 8
Sound 5
Character 5
Enjoyment 5

Well, it's been a while since I wrote a review and so far I've only wrote reviews about animes I like. Today I felt like talking about an anime that I didn't like. That anime is called Duel Masters. Yes, Duel Masters. This Mediocre version of Kazuki Takahashi's Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters is completely horrible. This show makes Beyblade look good. Seriously.

Okay let me break it down to you. In Japan they have many franchises that are usually based on Animes, now they're starting to do the opposite making Franchies into Anime. It completely sucks. I mean it, it's really bad. Every time I hear that there is an anime based on a board game it makes me feel all kinds of bad. The only Anime's in my opinon that made a sucess in this field is Yu-Gi-Oh! and Hikaru No Go. Since Yu-Gi-Oh! was becoming popular those bastards had to make this monster of a show so that they can benifit with more trading cards. The story doesn't make any sense what so ever. It's a very bad remake of the Trading Card game we all know.

The characters are completely puzzling, the show is like Bo-bo-bo Bo-bo-Bo, makes no sense. The character development is very crude, many types of charaters are mixed together and some don't even clash with each other. Also there is no magical feeling in any of their personality. This show was basically intened for kids. Also what messed me up was the American version of this Anime. The character are like those people from Gaia Online, they're crude, spam alot more then the people on 4Chan, and do the things they do for no appernt reason. It's all bogus. The show just frustrates me alot. In other words just switch the channel. Please....you aren't missing anything interesting. show less
Jul 18, 2010
roriconfan

16 of 55 people found this review helpful
26 of 26 episodes seen
Overall Rating: 2

Overall 2
Story 3
Animation 4
Sound 4
Character 2
Enjoyment 1

Before watching Duel Masters, I thought the worst game –based anime ever was Pokemon. But not anymore…

Anime based on some product are made solely to advertise it and start an addiction to its possible consumers (usually nerdy kids with loaded parents). As such, most game –based anime are quite lame, with childish scenario and carton characters being just an excuse to shovel us flashy techniques or strategies of the soon-to-follow game. As if that isn’t enough of a scam, Duel Masters fails to do even that. It has a lame scenario, pathetic characters AND terrible advertising of the homonymous card game.

ART & SOUND SECTION: 4/10
Very simply drawn 2D characters are placed next to medium made 3D models of the card monsters. The result is terrible! Almost all characters are un-imaginary drawn and end up being boring and negligible. At least Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh had a sense of style and dressed their characters in trendy fashion to boost a bit their shallow presence. But not here. The characters give off a feeling of being a bunch of kits losers. Plus, not only the 2D doesn’t stick with the 3D, but also there is no point at doing that, since the monsters are just for show. They do not interact with the “real world” of the characters (as it was done in later episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh). As for the sound department, it is simply a bunch of screaming idiots yelling “BUY THIS GAME! IT’S LAME, BUT BUY IT ANYWAY”!

STORY SECTION: 3/10
The protagonist and almost everyone else in the story plan on becoming the best Duel Masters in the world. So, they pretty much waste their lives playing a card game with a bunch of weird looking kids and are finally pitted against a powerful organization which plans to rule the world (through the card game of course!).

Sounds like the story was written for AND by 5 year-olds. Seriously, the much similar Yu-Gi-Oh story is a masterpiece compared to this crap.

CHARACTER SECTION: 2/10
There is a nerdy bunch of kids who care more about a card game, than, let’s say, finding a job or getting laid, and a bunch of costumed weirdos who control the world with cards. The protagonist is a kid who tries to better itself in the game and the top villain is a cool-looking kid who got crazy over too much card power… That’s it. Boink!

VALUE SECTION: 1/10
Value your money and stay away from this pathetic example of awful anime… AND the game, for the same manner. It’s just a pathetic Magic the Gathering rip-off.

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 1/10
Go watch Pokemon instead. And imagine that I HATE Pokemon.

VERDICT: 2.5/10
The accused is found … GUILTY! … For being a complete ass.

SUGGESTION LIST

This series is equally as pathetic as:
B-Densetsu! Battle Bedaman. Playing with marbles was never so boring.

This series is worse than:
Pokemon, YuGiOh, Beyblade, Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go. These series also advertise games but they are bearable half the time. show less
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
May 24, 2012 7:15 PM

May 2012
B Gata H Kei- finished today
Nice animation, good music. Characters un-dubbed voices fit them well.
Good: Funny, likeable characters, not unpleasant or overbearing on the topic of sex, which is one of the main focuses of the story.
Bad- Yamada seems hopeless and made me frustrated sometimes because she wouldn't stop thinking about sex. The story also went fast and skipped about a years worth of time in the show. Also, the ending didn't feel complete because Yamada never confessed her love or made her relationship with kosuda.
May 24, 2012 7:57 PM

May 2009
Last Exile 6/10 - Interesting setting and good leads, but it feels like they tried to cram too much into just 26 episodes. Would work better as a 52 episode series, as it is characterization can be lacking outside the leads, the universe seems shallow and motivations are very basic. On the plus side the animation and action scenes are great.

Green Green 1/10 - I couldn't even watch a full episode to put this on my list, it was too terrible. Obnoxious fan service, the female character seem to be common female stereotypes (shy girl, tough anti-male female) and the two 'main' characters are both annoying in their own way. Whoever the lead girl is (forget her name) just randomly tackles the lead and seems like an obessive stalker type (well, speaking of stalkers there are the 3 pervert guys who have nothing better to do than glare at women and apparently get multiple sets of blisters from jacking off) and the lead is your generic dorky/shy harem lead.

Texhnolyze 10/10 - Utterly amazing. The bleakest and darkest setting and storyline i've ever seen. The cit of lux is meticulously detailed visually in all it's decrepit splendor, the atmosphere is overwhelming, the plot is very complex and told in a minimalistic, yet realistic way that begs another watch. Characters are incredibly sympathetic for how ugly their lives are, and by the end it provokes questions about human nature without explicitly stating them.

Mirai Nikki (2/26) 7/10 - Pretty decent so far, though none of the characters grab me yet, yuno just seems defined by her obsession with Amano (who I don't find really annoying) though the dairy thing has been used to a degree as creative as say, death note nor has the battle been as brutal as say, battle royale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2012 11:54 PM

Feb 2010
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode

Quite the interesting show.
9/10

The story revolves around a average boy named Senkawa and a galactic investigator named Birdy. Senkawa finds himself in front of one of Birdy's punches killing him on the spot. Birdy takes action for her mistake and saves Senkawa, not by bringing him back to life but by putting his soul inside her body. Now Senkawa can continue to live freely but because they share the same body and they both have important stuff to do, they often finding themselves trying to be in two places at once.

The story picks up fast, hard, and aggressive. I was able to sit through all 12 episodes in one sitting. Season 2 started off strong but fell off half way through and left me wanting more. In my opinion its worth watching.
May 25, 2012 2:29 AM
May 2012
another [10/10]
- this series give me chills down my spines. this is also one of my best series last season. another catches my attention because of one of the main characters unusual appearance. misaki mei, for the first time i thought about her, is a ghost. but as the series progresses, i finally understand what the story says.. for those who love mystery horror animes. try watching another.
May 25, 2012 5:37 AM

Jul 2009
The latest anime I completed was Fate/Zero the first season. It was absolutely amazing. I don't know why I never picked it up sooner. Stunning visuals, thrilling action, and amazing character design. Every episode was so gripping and I never got bored once. I've also caught up with the currently airing second season, which is also amazing and things are getting even more serious. I look forward to every new episode. :D Rated it 9/10.
May 25, 2012 5:54 AM

Dec 2011
Pandora Hearts - 6/10
Quite disappointed of this.. boring fights.. characters're... ugh
May 25, 2012 7:33 PM

Aug 2009
corbenic said:
Requiem for the Phantom
In the beginning it is dull, generic and somewhat pretentious - in short, crap.
In fact, I was very close to just dropping it after 2 episodes. But I gave it a chance, and it turned out it gets better later on, and ultimately is a series worth watching.
So, if you're disappointed with how it begins, bear with it for at least 5-6 episodes.
Haven't decided on the rating yet, either 7 or 8.

I've really tried. Watched it till episode 8. I couldn't take how boring it was and had to drop it :'D

The last one I've completed was Air, I think.
That's just a beautiful story 10/10 I loved it.
May 28, 2012 7:06 AM

May 2012
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! *I forgert the episode number ~_~
when there is a nephew of the Misaki's boss that beautiful and popular around man who was in maid-latte, I think Takumi will love her too. but after a while, I was wondering why Takumi didn't respond to her temptation. evidently, the nephew of Misaki's boss is a BOY! what the.. --"
that is why he was embarrassed when unintentionally saw Misaki is changed
May 28, 2012 10:11 AM

Sep 2010
Tsunderie said:
Pandora Hearts - 6/10
Quite disappointed of this.. boring fights.. characters're... ugh

Manga is leagues better than the anime plus the art is very beautiful. Your missing a great story full of mind fucks.

Fate/Zero 2 9/10 - leagues better than the first half which was mostly talk and walking or sitting around with wine in hand. Finally some action in here.

Kuroko no Basket 9/10 I love it so far and sports is one of my least favorite genres, but the character and plot is really interesting. Kuroko reminds me of myself we are silent creepers we pop out of nowhere. xD

Yurumates 3D or whatever the hell its called from this season 4/10 I find it stupid I'm only completing it cause it is short.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 29, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2008
Tokyo Godfathers - 6/10

Children + Losers + Satoshi Kon = automatically awesome, for most people.

As overrated, bland, lazy, slow, and pseudo-artistic as Millennium Actress. Supposed to be deep, funny and touching, it left me absolutely unimpressed and quite bored.
The comedy is overused, the drama is sappy, the characters are generic and fail to be sympathetic. Even though the animation is decent, the CG and character design are very mediocre.
Not a horrible movie, but neither remarkable or interesting in any way. It tries hard (or not hard enough, who knows) to create a solid, lively, moving story, but is actually extremely common, poor, and full of unrealistic, cliché moments. Last but not least, the obvious happy ending, cheesy beyond words. Oh well, I guess it matched my hopes and expectations, which were quite low. In fact, I only watched it because there was nothing else on tv.

May 30, 2012 10:03 AM

May 2012
Mawaru Penguindrum

9/10

- I think this series was excellent. Sure, it took a while to actually get the anime started, but beyond that everything runs smoothly. The character's back stories were also interesting. We get to see why the characters behave the way they ado. And quite frankly, this anime is pretty depressing.

May 30, 2012 10:08 AM

Oct 2010
Bakemonogatari

7/10

Overrated, but very good visuals and decent stories (some better than others). Soundtrack was also very enjoyable, but I feel like a lot of the anime's strengths didn't reach me, because I watched it with subbed. Therefore missing some of the wordplay and witty dialogue I hear so much praise about. However I must agree that I never thought watching people sitting around and talking for 20 minutes per episode would ever be this entertaining.
May 30, 2012 10:42 AM

Feb 2010
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
8/10

So if you were put your typical harem in a blender with mechas you get Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari

Usualy I just watch harem animes when I'm bored and need something to do but the main protagonist of this anime; Kenshi, is not like other harem protagonists. Instead of embracing the boobs and foreplay he actually tries to avoid it as much as possible that way he can get what needs to be done, done which makes the story easy to fall into. The show starts off a bit slow but with 45 minutes per episode they were able to keep the story strong and progressing without having to rush. The art is well done and the voice over is superb. Its easy to fall in love with the cast and characters as the character development for this anime is strong and progressive. The story is strong and plot twists lurk around every corner so you will never be able to predict whats going to happen next.

All in all its a worth watching anime, its a shame not many people actually know about it.
Oct 31, 2014 11:58 AM
May 2010
Raised from the dead.

Aku no Hana
8/10

Wow. Didn't see this coming when I first picked it up.

Now, although it's not "the most amazing, life-changing experience I've ever had," I had a pretty enjoyable time. It's nice to just relax once in a while as you watch an anime that makes you feel bad about yourself, about humanity, about the emptiness of your existence, about the emptiness of the conventional social order. That kind of stuff. In short, it's a "feel-bad" anime, and I love it.

The pacing can be a problem sometimes, and I wouldn't blame people for calling such realism as "hipster realism", especially when you have a walking scene that drags out for five whole minutes with no dialogue, but the subtle decaying of the town can be noticeable if you pay enough attention, and it gives a metaphoric representation between the protagonist and the "shit-face people" of the town, because as the anime progresses, our protagonist slowly descends further into decadence, and it's just such an intriguing to watch as you watch the train wreck unfolds.

Can't wait for the follow-up "second part". Looks like it's going to head deeper down the barrow of despair.
Oct 31, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Hajime no Ippo
8/10
Sports classic, 'nuff said. I liked it even if it didn't reach my expectations of being the best sports anime.
Oct 31, 2014 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
Fatma94 said:
Engaged to the Unidentified
5/10
Was really funny at first until they shifted the attention to Benio's loli complex. It started to get really repetitive and boring. Wish they focused more on the romance between the MC's instead.

Agreed with all of that. Benio's imouto complex jokes were so bad.
Oct 31, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2014
Last one I finished? Gekkan Shojo Nozaki Kun.

6/10. Good Animation and one good character that's it. No plot which is ok cuz SoL but they just drew Manga and went to school which was boring as fuck, horrible unfunny comedy, and everyone is dumb except Seo. Also it's girly as fuck.
xDarkraiOct 31, 2014 4:17 PM
Oct 31, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2014
Aria The Animation 10/10

An amazing SoL anime with an outstanding cast of characters. all the characters are amazing and easy to like, it's impossible to hate any of them. The OST is just beautiful, truly amazing, especially the OP song. The animation is nice and smooth.
The MC is an adorable loving character, you just can't get enough of her.
OkashiOct 31, 2014 4:16 PM
Oct 31, 2014 4:57 PM

Mar 2011
Shadow Star Narutaru - 3/10

The plot was literally all over the place. The last two episodes were pretty fucked up, but had almost no correlation with the 11 episodes before. I liked the idea and I've heard the manga is much better, so I may pick up that.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 9 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you track anime milestons?

zombie_pegasus - 7 hours ago

12 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - Apr 26

23 by Spunkert »»
16 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

64 by CosmicDebris-San »»
26 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by LostSpectre »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.