Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 6, 2019 7:50 AM

Oct 2013
The main question I would ask is... why Ed didn't use those spectacular skills while battling Scar or Slicer who were threats to his and Al's lives, but used them freely to catch a thief?
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Jan 8, 2019 8:03 PM

Jun 2015
edward x winry has began
Jan 17, 2019 5:26 AM

Oct 2015
Can't say I was too fond of the way the show tried to establish Winry's maturity by making everyone else incompetent. It felt artificial rather than organic. But I guess clichés aren't that out of ordinary when we're talking about shounen.

2.5/5
Auron_Jan 17, 2019 6:13 AM
Apr 1, 2019 1:31 AM

May 2016
Their stopover at Automatown sure was a surprising and amusing one because not only did Winry gather inspiration for improving Ed's Automail and a newfound determination, they also witnessed the miracle of life in a place where mechanical attachments are pretty much all the rage.

May 3, 2019 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Didn't really feel much about it, but got to see a side of winry, that was good
Aug 14, 2019 1:02 PM
Aug 2019
It was a light episode. They still don't know of Hughes death.
Nov 2, 2019 3:09 PM

Nov 2017
This episode is more relatable to me and has a bigger emotional impact now that I'm an uncle. Like, Tokimi-damn the birth of a child is a beautiful thing
Nov 4, 2019 7:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fortunaly the childbirth went well, great episode.
Feb 13, 2020 4:43 AM
Apr 2018
I kinda hated this ep: Paninya was annoying, Winry opening the watch (seriously, WHY???)... Now that I think about it, it was quite boring imo.
Mar 16, 2020 1:57 PM

Feb 2020
winry really shone in this episode! and there was a good balance of comedic and dramatic moments
Jun 10, 2020 6:40 PM
Jul 2009
Winry is so cute when she's being a nerd <3
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 28, 2020 5:25 AM

May 2020
One of the weaker episodes so far. Some funny moments and a good Ed/Winry scene at the end. Everything else felt more like filler although it was also part of the manga. Looking forward to next episode and the introduction of two new characters!

Ahenshihael said:
DeathfireD said:
It's not that we doubt the series as a whole. It's more like we're surprised/mad that the first quarter of it is utter garbage.

No its not. Even the worst episode 2 beats everything in FMA1.
I'm reading the manga and watching both adaptations simultaneously and although I prefer Brotherhood so far, FMA1 has its strengths as well. That FMA2 is superior in every regard is YOUR opinion, not a fact. The problem that some people have with your statements is that you don't seem to realize there's a difference between those two.

Ahenshihael said:
AtomicNerd said:
Constructive criticisms or comparisons where FMA > FMA Brotherhood doesn't seem welcomed here. Which is a shame, since I thought this was a place for discussion.
WHAT constructive criticism? Such thing never happened in FMA:B threads till now. ;
There has been constructive criticism in the threads that I read so far. In most cases, you swoop in afterwards and tell them that they are plain wrong. Again, YOUR opinion. That does not make the criticism any less constructive.

robbydesu said:
And news flash! People are entitled to have their own opinion no matter what it is or however extreme it may seem to be for others. This also applies to how people are entitled to have their own taste and preferences in anime. Just because an individual doesn't like something or he/she doesn't think something is funny, doesn't mean that it'll be the same with others.
I completely agree with you. Sadly you only used this logic to defend Fai and not others' valid opinions against Fai calling them wrong and stupid. Maybe something to think about...

Ahenshihael said:
magelet said:
What you have to realize Atomic, is that the reason why some of us (Fai especially) get so worked up over the FMA:B vs FMA1 comparisons, is that we feel like people are just dismissing FMA:B without giving it a chance because they keep comparing it to FMA1. And that frustrates us because we really think FMA:B is an amazing series so far.
Not to mention that we(I) just dont want to see people obnoxiously comparing 52 episode series they saw ~Y years ago to 11 episodes of newly airing anime, just for the sake of nostalgic nitpicking AND THEN getting pissed that someone compared their fma1 to manga in similar obnoxious manner.
FMA:B is an amazing series so far, no questions there. And from what I heard much of the later episodes of FMA1 are completely different from the manga, so it's not logical to directly compare both adaptations. However, I think a comparison between episodes covering roughly the same story elements, e.g. comparing Lior arc (Ep3 BH vs. Ep1-2 FMA), is fair and justified. Ultimately, which story or art style you prefer comes down to personal preference.

noteDhero said:
It's strange to me that people who say "Don't compare FMA to FMA:B or the manga" do the same thing, in often the same breath. I also find it weird that people on that side believe that everyone who feels like the show is rushed is immediately comparing it to the first series and not looking at the show by itself. We are totally capable as functioning humans to say "This was not done as well as it was done here," and be looking at them based on their merits as separate shows.

Moreover I think it's ridiculous to say that because you liked one show means you won't like the other. These things aren't mutually exclusive. People can like parts of one show and a like parts of another.

The problem is when people get into extremes and start talking about the majority as though it is some infallible God.
Finally something worth quoting! My thoughts exactly. I don't base my judgement solely on how closely the anime follows the manga. I want to be entertained and if the anime does a better job at it than the manga or another adaptation, I welcome the change. That doesn't take anything away from my enjoyment of the original manga, it just adds to the quality of the animated version.

Also, what's the deal with "if you don't like X in Brotherhood, then you don't like the manga". There's a difference between not liking something and thinking that it could've been even better with certain adjustments. On top of that, reading a manga and watching an animated series are two pair of shoes for me. Some things only have to be hinted at or expressed in one frame in a manga whereas an animated version might have to extend on it to make it more accessible or appealing to the viewer.

As a last point, I realize that most of these quotes were written more than 10 years ago and that the relevant people may never read my comments here. Still, couldn't help myself... ;)
Aug 16, 2020 9:32 AM
Jul 2020
Episode was aight nothing mesmerizing
Sep 12, 2020 1:43 AM
Oct 2018
Pointless lame episode.
Nov 2, 2020 1:22 PM

Aug 2017
Nothing major happened except Edward x Winry scenes. Meh. 3/5
NurguburuNov 2, 2020 1:26 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 10, 2020 4:02 AM

Jul 2017
I loved Winry in this episode a lot, she even did a good job helping deliver that baby. The Don't Forget 3 Oct 11 scene was also nicely done here.
Feb 5, 2021 6:10 AM

Jul 2019
Al likes pregnant women and I am not shocked at all
Feb 12, 2021 4:52 AM

Jul 2020
good episode >:'3
May 6, 2021 12:58 AM
Apr 2021
Many seem to be hating on this episode in this forum. However, this is not only a wholesome episode that gives Winry some focus, but also was one of the episodes that sold me on to the show when I first watched it nearly an year ago.
Jun 9, 2021 4:20 AM
Feb 2021
Surprisingly I'm quite new to this show, and it's just as I expected with character introductions and build-ups, hope to see some epic stuff in the later parts of this series for sure.
Jun 27, 2021 11:43 PM

Jun 2021
''the anime episode we watched maybe we forget in few days.but the experiences when we are watching remain with in us.''

this episode is fine.next episode edward brothers remember their past and meet up with their master.looking forward to next episode.
Dec 8, 2021 10:32 AM
Nov 2020
To everyone that claims that this is a bad episode...it's a mirror to episode 10, and is a good counter to the depression of the weaponized cuteness.
Feb 15, 2022 4:15 PM

Feb 2021
FINALLY, an episode I'd consider good. Winry's actually a decent character when the plot needs her to be and the comedy wasn't abused like it normally is
Feb 15, 2022 4:19 PM

Feb 2021
This was also better than 2003's version of this by a lot. There still were a few conveniences that bothered me a little, and also how was Ed so powerful in the beginning tryna catch that girl? If he was always like that why didn't he use that kind of strength against the dude in the 5th lab or Scar?
May 6, 2022 6:23 AM
Apr 2022
As Edward, Alphonse, and Winry arrive in Rush
Valley, Edward's state alchemist pocket watch is stolen by a pickpocket named Paninya, who has automail legs. After tracking her down, Winry asks her automail's creator, Dominic LeCoulte, to let her be his apprentice, but is swiftly declined.
As Winry convinces Paninya to stop being a pickpocket and return the pocket watch, she peeks in it and finds the date the Elric brothers burned down their house carved inside.
Meanwhile, one of the residents is having a baby, and since they are unable to travel to a hospital in the poor weather, Winry decides to deliver the baby. Following a successful birth, Winry asks again to be an apprentice, and Dominic directs her to another mechanic where she can study to become a better automail engineer. With that,
Edward and Alphonse continue onwards to
Dublith.
Jul 2, 2022 5:50 AM
Jan 2015
this was a pointless episode
Aug 12, 2022 5:15 AM
May 2020
the most amazing episode so far
Aug 21, 2022 11:42 PM
Apr 2021
nadnel said:
the most amazing episode so far
Glad to see a positive comment on the episode, given how so many dismiss it. This was my favorite when I first watched. Winry gets some focus and development and there is some nice worldbuilding on automail. Plus the humor was amusing.
Sep 7, 2022 12:14 PM
Aug 2020
It was a fun episode where we see mostly Winry's motivations and her character.
Sep 22, 2022 2:58 PM

Aug 2022
Winry is a badass! Not a fan of rushing character development episodes, but it still emphasized Winry's courage and determination. I hope we get to see her again soon.
LavenderHazeSep 22, 2022 3:28 PM
๐“˜ ๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ผ.

Oct 12, 2022 4:11 AM
Jun 2022
-------------------
Oct 15, 2022 2:12 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty good episode
Followed the manga mostly .
removed two or three things I wished they would have added , but oh well.
Either way , this was mostly a " how and why " episode.
Showed why and how the brother came to be how they are.
with Ed seeing the Truth .
then Roy meeting the brothers
Ed vowing to take 1 year to recover and him consequently being able to transmute without Circles thanks to him having seen "IT" ( and Al not remembering).
And finally Ed's Exam to become a state alchemist , where he promtly attacked Bradly who told him he still doesn't know the world xD.
Thus showing how the fuhrur gave Ed an "ironic" name : the FullMetal Alchemist.

Next week , they goin' to Liore/Reole ~

oh , and the score was pretty darn awesome. Akira Senju delivers !!
Oct 15, 2022 5:43 PM
Oct 2022
Bad cartoon, only for kids.not not good
Feb 8, 2023 10:57 AM

Mar 2022
This was honestly a more light hearted episode, a lot of funny moments especially the tall Ed moment that had me in stitches. Plenty of character development between Ed and Winry especially on Winry's part because we find out why Ed had the pocket watch shut with alchemy. The delivering the baby sequence was amazing and very well handled. And we even got introduced to a couple of new characters there. Looks Scar is a wanted fugitive of the posters are anything to give off and I get the feeling Ed's gonna be running into Gluttony soon cuz we saw his poster as well. 
Jun 10, 2023 6:24 AM
May 2023
i think i'm starting to get why this show is so loved after these last few episodes. it manages to tell an engaging story while feeling very human, and these little moments really bring everything to life. winry's obsession with all the automail, the childbirth, and during the funeral the previous episode.

man i'm excited for more
Aug 30, 2023 12:25 PM
Jan 2022
Winry for girlboss of the decade awards please and thanks. I love how emotionally vulnerable and intelligent she is and how she will take others experiences and use them to fuel her own ambitions and goals. Ed is such a deeply tragic character however he is written so lucky because of his companionships with Winry and Alfonse- it was also sweet how he stuck his neck out to try and help get Wintry an apprenticeship with the old fella
Nov 4, 2023 10:21 AM
Jan 2020
ep 11- episodio bom NOTA 7
Jan 24, 2:20 PM
Jan 2024
alright story but couldn't Ed use his alchemy to travel to city and bring a doc there?
Mar 29, 3:57 AM

Jan 2021
I like how even though Ed is an alchemist, he realizes that there are things that are beyond the alchemist's ability and only in God's power. His conversation with Winry also had depth and meaning for both of them. I always love their interactions :")

But seriously, Ed's determination is really cool. He doesn't give himself room to cry or grieve, with all the regrets and pain he carries, he continues to fuel himself to move forward. Admirable, really.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» Whatโ€™s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.