Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 17, 2009 6:01 AM

Mar 2009
Great EP, especially loved how Juiz pwned the trio at the end xD

Jun 17, 2009 6:31 AM

Aug 2008
WOOW...

Loved this episode!!
Jun 17, 2009 9:17 AM
Apr 2009
Vipey said:
TWENTY THOUSAND NAKED MOTHA FUCKERS ON A BOAT

LOL! hahahaha XD ~ My thoughts exactly
Jun 17, 2009 6:42 PM

Sep 2007
Aside from the obligatory HOLY SHIT AWESOME EPISODE comment, I also want the OST.
Jun 17, 2009 7:33 PM

Jun 2007
So give an Emo kid unlimited power and money and he'll probably blow up the world... note taken.

Also
Vipey said:

Lmao!

Jun 18, 2009 12:14 AM

May 2008
Enchant said:

At first, I seriously thought Juiz was the woman that brought up the empty bottle of wine to them. She really does sound similar to Juiz (and I thought she was in control of the supercomputer), though..when Akira asked Mononobe if Juiz worked there, he did not reply. He called Juiz after introducing Yuuki and asked her to have a bottle of wine delivered, but of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's her in person.
(Other than those four present in the room and Juiz (and the other selecao), how many other people know about Noblesse Oblige?)

Mononobe later specifies that Juiz is the supercomputer/machines in that room. If she truly is an advanced AI system that would add up to those objects that were being moved away when Mononobe & Akira arrived as well as the time. (though it isn't clear the time they arrived, how much time they spent talking and the time between that as Akira left.)

The time on Yuuki's watch and the time Selecao #12 made his move has about 28 minutes in between. So he/she could have requested Juiz to be moved ahead of time.

Looking at those screenshots reminded me once again of Tsuji's claim of still having the 10 billion that he originally started with. If you look at the balance of No. 12, moving Juiz to a hidden location is the first request he has made. And if we add the cost of this order to his balance, we get 10 billion.

Could it be that upon joining with Mononobe and Yuuki, Tsuji did not reveal his own number? After all, No. 12 does not necessarily need to be the supporter, maybe he just agreed to work with the group closest to achieving victory because he wanted to be aware of their plans so that he could sabotage them early on.

Though I do love the Juiz = Supporter theory, she fits the job description extremely well.
Jun 18, 2009 6:11 AM

Jan 2008
Holy shit, next episode NOW!!!
Jun 19, 2009 1:07 PM

Feb 2009
is anyone having trouble with gg subs and fate subs watching? I've downloaded it acouple of times and every version i get is majorly delayed and not working properly.
"The Greatest Lovers Were Murderers First"
Jun 19, 2009 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, lots of naked dudes running around.
Jun 19, 2009 5:08 PM

Nov 2007
That was a vast improvement, getting back in to the same rhythm it was in originally before it started the decline, it's going to be really interesting seeing how Takizawa is going to get past this and to discover how exactly he was betrayed.
Jun 20, 2009 4:32 AM
Jul 2008
Wow i like the way the NEETS run out ^^
Jun 26, 2009 6:03 PM
Aug 2008
This was a good episode, things are coming together. Hopefully episode 11 brings some closer. I can't wait until November for the first movie! :(
Jul 5, 2009 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
This is getting more and more interesting..

Jul 9, 2009 12:31 PM
Jun 2008
Yay! Brazil \o/

Indeed, this series is the best of the season.

It's a pity that it will end...
Jul 11, 2009 10:45 PM

Dec 2007
I am extremely wanting to know who exactly is Number 12 at the end because I have a feeling that person may be Supporter. Also, I have a feeling that Juiz could be Number 12 plus the Supporter. It was interesting episode since I learned the truth about the game and Careless Monday.
Jul 24, 2009 5:54 AM

Sep 2008
That episode was awesome! 8D I wonder how that guy in pink kept his phone though when he didn't use ANY of his money? I thought the Supporter would kill him if he didn't try to play the game? And hah, Mononobe was outwitted. But now I reeeealllyyy want to know who No. XII is... For some reason I thought that Mononobe was the one who'd have fired the missiles at Japan but guess not.

One more episode to go~
Aug 7, 2009 2:03 AM

Jul 2008
I want the reason why Takizawa erased his memories. They left us hanging, even though everyone else, including Micchon knows. It has to come out in the last episode. And those guys got messed up by Juiz and/or No. 12 and/or the Support and/or Ato Saizou. Shit's gotten crazy.
Aug 14, 2009 9:04 PM

Aug 2006
Good ep. If Saizo is indeed still alive and is number 12 / the supporter, then the big question is what does he have up his sleeve and what are his true intentions? I do think that's likely the case though, as the empty wine bottle and moving Juiz right at the same instant seems like a little bit more than could be done by one of the normal Selacao.
Aug 31, 2009 2:09 PM

Jan 2008
You guys realise we watched almost twenty minutes of exposition?

Fuck this show.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 16, 2009 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
Beatnik said:
I don't get what you're saying by exposition?
Sep 29, 2009 8:43 AM

Jan 2008
HooHiraiBunny said:
Beatnik said:
I don't get what you're saying by exposition?

Dictionary definitions of 'exposition':

writing or speech primarily intended to convey information or to explain; a detailed statement or explanation; explanatory treatise: The students prepared expositions on familiar essay topics.

(in a play, novel, etc.) dialogue, description, etc., that gives the audience or reader the background of the characters and the present situation.

In anime, exposition is that character who has the most dialogue and basically gives a ton of information, it's really un-natural because people in real life obviously dont speak like that, information comes out in fits and spurts in reality. Although most works of entertainment arent going for uber-realism, they get around exposition by making the viewer learn things of the story via methods like flashbacks, character actions, 'show-dont-tell' camera direction, or dialogue that doesnt spell everything out to the viewer. Basically anyone with sense or taste hates exposition, viewers hate it because it treats them like idiots and writers hate it because its a sign of laziness.

Episode 10 of Higashi no Eden is 99% exposition. Absolutely awful. We spend the entire episode listening to a character explain the entire plot. That's not storytelling, that's one lazy-ass-writer right there.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 2, 2009 12:23 AM

Aug 2009
great episode!
and the truth has been told.
chiquit0621Oct 2, 2009 12:30 AM

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Oct 28, 2009 11:33 PM

Aug 2008
Vipey said:

noteDhero said:
I liked this episode. A lot. Though I feel like my brain hasn't processed a lot of this episode since I'm terrible with remembering numbers, so just knowing which Selecao is which number is difficult for me.
Pretty much this.
Desirio said:
Seleçao is a nickname for the Brazil national football team. :) ("the selected ones", in this case to join one of the strongest national footbal team of the world)

I can't remember whether anyone mentioned it or not, I'll drop it here for the ones who missed it.
Whoa, I wonder how I overlooked that detail O_O You're right!

I liked this episode, gave a lot of answers and lots of questions too. I want to know more!

Nov 9, 2009 2:56 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, And, I think this so called exposition was necessary. I've never had my memory wiped, but if I had the chance to find out my past in one sitting, i'd take it. Besides, Akira's been learning bits and pieces of his past throughout the show, so I wouldn't call it necessarily lazy writing.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2009 10:20 PM

Apr 2008
Fabrice said:
Wow,great episode if i must say^^ Akira meets up with Mononobe and they talk in the helicopter. Mononobe introduced Yuuki(Seleção 10) to Akira when they entered a building. But the ending was pretty good.

selecao no1 is the one watching Akira at white house but well said he is unique person and escapes by juiz help from police .He's watching in red car and wearing a ring (look at ep1 and 10).Akira dosen't know that.
Jan 23, 2010 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
Desirio said:
Seleçao is a nickname for the Brazil national football team. :) ("the selected ones", in this case to join one of the strongest national footbal team of the world)

I can't remember whether anyone mentioned it or not, I'll drop it here for the ones who missed it.

So, Mr. Outside is really a Roman Abramovich who
1. has lots of money to invest in his 11-men team
2. has full control on team selection
3. has a manager as his 12th man in the team
4. and this manager has little say in team strategy
5. since the 11 players have the last say in how they want to play the game
6. so long as they fulfill the Boss' expectations for the team.

but then again, he does not believe in frequent manager switches, and is a fan of Battle Royale. well.
Mar 11, 2010 2:38 AM

Apr 2009
So we know the identity of Mr. Outside. Ato Saizo, nice pun indeed.
I loved how the "camera" was a little unstable when they were in the helicopter :)

Whoa, so much revealed.
Wasabi said:
Like someone else said... Juiz could be #12 herself... and the Supporter. The failsafe to keep all the Selecao in check. I lol'd at the NEET army but why show up now? Did pre-memory-wiped Takizawa forsee something like this happening and timed the arrival of the NEETs?

Exactly what I'm thinking - both about Juiz being #12 (not sure about the Supporter, I think getting to keep his money and not getting killed would make that punk guy the Supporter, but we'll see about this.) and Takizawa timing the NEET invasion beforehand.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 9, 2010 10:22 PM

Jan 2009
NEET invasion wtf!?

Next ep is gonna be crazy.

Apr 13, 2010 12:14 AM

Jan 2010
Arg, they didn't tell us why he erased his memories...
Aug 13, 2010 2:59 PM

Jan 2010
were the neets transformed into monkeys or something?lol

am i the only one that finds all this series pretty damn boring?
i mean it's interesting but they talk too much,and the action is almost 0

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 15, 2010 6:02 PM
Nov 2009
kie_ said:
CONFUSING.....

^this and wait. The woman that gave him the empty champagne bottle, was that JUIZ or who the hell is Juiz is she a robot or a human I'm confused as hell lol. Atleast we know he is a good guy. Well that wasn't unexpected though.
Aug 19, 2010 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
Selecao no.12 is still a mystery.. or is he the one inside Juiz system also (wearing a bonnet)
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 28, 2010 9:19 AM

Dec 2010
Is it absolutely horrifying of me to wish for a break in pacing, with a light-hearted summer mystery episode watermelon-splitting and a little romanticizing ? What!? Romanticizing is a word!? Awesome.

Come on, don't fail me now, EOTE!
Dec 29, 2010 1:33 AM

Aug 2010
werr-y said:
Arg, they didn't tell us why he erased his memories...
SAD, but i hope they do in the next episode...
Jan 28, 2011 8:36 AM

Dec 2010
Can't help but feel bad for Akira,finally the truth is told, gotta say though i didn't expect it to be thrown out there like that but i guess considering the pace of the series and the length it only makes sense, can't wait for the final episode.
Jan 28, 2011 8:36 AM

Dec 2010
Can't help but feel bad for Akira,finally the truth is told, gotta say though i didn't expect it to be thrown out there like that but i guess considering the pace of the series and the length it only makes sense, can't wait for the final episode.
Feb 20, 2011 11:00 PM

Jul 2010
o god thats a lot of info. and i want to know how he got betrayed fully, what they mean "they wanted somthing bigger"?

Feb 23, 2011 3:34 PM

Dec 2008
Naked NEET army was pure WIN!! LMAO!!
I am SO glad that the supporter told them that a winner had not been decided yet, and to continue playing the game as Mr. Outside ordered!
Mar 30, 2011 7:44 AM

Oct 2009
LOL, a boat filled with a ton of raging naked men.

Lot of explaining this ep. And hehe we finally see Juiz's face. Also I love Saki.
Jun 3, 2011 8:08 PM
Mar 2010
Although the overall attacks are making more sense, it also left me slightly confused. So, the NEETs are going to help Takizawa? I had thought the NEETs were already released (that random guy meeting his wife- did he escape or something?) Also why was Takizawa betrayed by everyone? Did they mention this already? I'm interested to know what will be accomplished in this last episode and the movie.
Jun 3, 2011 8:18 PM
Mar 2010
gameoffreak8 said:
I am extremely wanting to know who exactly is Number 12 at the end because I have a feeling that person may be Supporter. Also, I have a feeling that Juiz could be Number 12 plus the Supporter. It was interesting episode since I learned the truth about the game and Careless Monday.

I guess this would be why Pantsu believed there were 11 selecaos- he didn't count Juiz because she wasn't brought into the game the same way as the others. She wouldn't be accounted for. Though, I had believed Juiz was a supercomputer or something, not a person.
Oct 26, 2011 7:57 AM

Feb 2009
Fantastic episode. The agenda of the other selecao is revealed as well as the plan to launch missiles at Japan (which I intially thought wa Akira's plan) so that they can be the saviors of the country. All Akira wanted was to prevent this and got back-stabbed. I guess he's just a good guy with bad luck.

Mr. 12 must be Mr. Outside himself, I guess he is the only one who could prevent this. I also eagerly wait for the reason why those naked NEETs appeared all of a sudden!
Nov 24, 2011 2:00 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty dam good episode. I am still kind of confused though... but I guess that is what I get for browsing through the internet while watching Anime. -o-
May 28, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
damn awesome episode O__O

i think the reason why Takizawa erased he's memories is not only to forget those who betrayed him, but also lure the other Selaco in the same building, and once they reveal who he really was, he would put his plan into motion from there on.

though how the hell was did No.12 knew any of this?? is he supposed to be "The Outsider" ?!?!?!?!?! O______O

i think Juiz is the girl that prepared the Champagne XD

i guess Takizawa wanted to stop the other Selaco plans from happening, and what did Saki tell about "bringing more missles than ever"?!

man only 1 episode left!!!

i wish they made this as long as Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex.

what about the other Selaco??? could it be on the movies as well?!?!!
Jun 22, 2012 1:29 AM

Jan 2012
Finally, so many things explained. NEETS running out of containers lol. Pretty decent episode. Looking forward to last.

Sep 1, 2012 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
...Mind blown once again. :P

One more episode to go!
Dec 18, 2012 5:51 PM

May 2012
Woh amazing episode! Shit is going to get down in the next episode! And as bonus we finally had a look how Juiz looked like. But dafuq that boat with all those NEETs why did it came back to that place? Well great episode up to the final episode of this season!
Mar 5, 2013 11:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I love all the political talks and people's ideals of how to save the country. Of course, I agree with Akira though that they're approaching it in the wrong way. How did that other guy even become a Selecao? o_o he doesn't even seem to care about saving Japan or anything. And woow, number 12 = supporter = Mr.Outside? WUT. Man I love this show. I can't make any predictions whatsoever. One more episode ><
May 27, 2013 8:48 AM
Aug 2012
why does that computer look like a giant engine the holes most definatly look like cylinders for pistons
Jun 7, 2013 11:59 PM

Mar 2013
ok my theory and im betting alot on this:
outside was pantsu or or its a program and joice what they all recived from pantsu
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.