Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much as expected. They get married and Haruto becomes a chef. Also get a cameo of a teenage Fuuka. Personally would have much preferred that it was a dream sequence of Haruto's and they wouldn't have gotten back together but oh well. At least this crap is over.
Feb 7, 2014 10:12 AM
Dec 2013
Thank god it's over. And now that it's finally dead can anyone come up with fanfic ideas?
Feb 7, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
Link please!!!
Feb 7, 2014 10:20 AM
Dec 2013
Read it raw at mangabird. I wonder if the ova is gonna expand itself
Feb 7, 2014 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
Ok, I will wait for the Translation.
Feb 7, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
GODDAMMIT SEO, I was expecting that shit, but you just ruin the ending for me by placing that f....ing helmet in the restaurant. I mean will Haruto move on from his lost love, Kazama, at some point)
I was ok with dragging this manga too long and some of those pointless filler chapters, but come on, that is not acceptable.
Bittersweet ending for me, that gave me a complete bad taste.
Thank god, Yuzuki beat Haruto to it and came up with the name for their kid, otherwise we all know who the poor kid would have been named after.
Anyway, I am just gonna pretend it ended right after the wedding, since all I cared about was seeing Yuzuki and Haruto together; chef thing would have been a plus, but it was ruin.
This manga got a 4/10 from me.
jose21Feb 7, 2014 12:09 PM
Feb 7, 2014 11:56 AM
Dec 2013
Any fanfic ideas for them?
Feb 7, 2014 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
Welp goodbye KNIM. You won't be missed unfortunately.

Even on their marriage day she calls him Haruto-kun. Seems a little funny.

And really with the Kazama thing? Man he had a massive crush on him.
hyperknees91Feb 7, 2014 12:10 PM
Feb 7, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
hyperknees91 said:

I guess deep inside she knows that his heart is already filled with someone else *cough*Kazama*cough*
jose21Feb 7, 2014 12:17 PM
Feb 7, 2014 12:20 PM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

I guess deep inside she knows that his heart is already filled with someone else.

I guess either she thinks his heart is with asuka or its an error. But if its asuka then I have no idea anymore. Heck, maybe in Fuuka we'll see a panel of her giving haruto a kiss from out of nowhere.

Anyway, I'm glad this manga is over. Right now the only two mangas I am excited for over the weekends are the breaker new waves and girls of the wilds. Fuuka I'll just trash with you guys. I'm a amazed the guys at red hawk scans have different opinions than us.
Feb 7, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2013
Yes, I am more excited about our discussions about Fūka than the manga itself. :D
Feb 7, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2011
Finally, this shit is over after all these years. Half & Half returns soon while Fuka is making its debut. Well, they get married...but who didn't see that coming?

3/10. Terrible series.
Feb 7, 2014 12:32 PM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Yes, I am more excited about our discussions about Fūka than the manga itself. :D

I AM SO EXCITED FOR TRASHING THIS MANGA!!!!! I know it will be long but I hope it'll be unpredictable enough to be about 50 issues or possibly 89. I hope during this Seo is making those anagami ss versions. I know he wants to.

Btw, if you're a mob boss trashing their wedding, who do you want to be in your gang?
Feb 7, 2014 12:35 PM

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

I guess deep inside she knows that his heart is already filled with someone else.

I guess either she thinks his heart is with asuka or its an error. But if its asuka then I have no idea anymore. Heck, maybe in Fuuka we'll see a panel of her giving haruto a kiss from out of nowhere.

Anyway, I'm glad this manga is over. Right now the only two mangas I am excited for over the weekends are the breaker new waves and girls of the wilds. Fuuka I'll just trash with you guys. I'm a amazed the guys at red hawk scans have different opinions than us.

LOL, Asuka, seriously, I wish. That is obviously Kazama.
Feb 7, 2014 12:37 PM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

LOL, Asuka, seriously, I wish. That is obviously Kazama.

Check out outlast dr trager and you'll wish that'll be kazama's hell
Feb 7, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
Wow! I'm so happy! Finally this shit is over. I was a bit hoping that this last chapter will at least surprise me in a good way... but I see that Seo truly gave this up.
3/10
Feb 7, 2014 1:28 PM
Dec 2013
Yep, this just felt unoriginal. Seriously, only the father gets the moment? What about before the big wedding? What about asuka and haruto's interactions and buildup? What about that husband of yuzuki's dimwitted neighbor? Where is he? And what ever happened to rin's slave. There was even no mention of him being with rin at all. Fujikawa didn't serve much then being that childish boyfriend. Where the hell is that douchbag narumi? Did Akari dump him a year later? I hope so cause he was a a douche. And what shiho? She only appeared less in Tokyo and got lack of development? What about thAt job hunting girl nagato and that red headed lesbo? Where the hell did they even go? Did that lesbian found her one true love? Was it asuka? Was it nagato? Anybody? If you created thise characters then you have to give them enough screen time and development whether if it is good or bad. ah Screw it. I'm just glad this manga is gone.

I know I'll hate Fuuka and I will enjoy trashing it with you guys.

I hope the anagami ss version come soon
Feb 7, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
Yep, this just felt unoriginal. Seriously, only the father gets the moment? What about before the big wedding? What about asuka and haruto's interactions and buildup? What about that husband of yuzuki's dimwitted neighbor? Where is he? And what ever happened to rin's slave. There was even no mention of him being with rin at all. Fujikawa didn't serve much then being that childish boyfriend. Where the hell is that douchbag narumi? Did Akari dump him a year later? I hope so cause he was a a douche. And what shiho? She only appeared less in Tokyo and got lack of development? What about thAt job hunting girl nagato and that red headed lesbo? Where the hell did they even go? Did that lesbian found her one true love? Was it asuka? Was it nagato? Anybody? If you created thise characters then you have to give them enough screen time and development whether if it is good or bad. ah Screw it. I'm just glad this manga is gone.

I know I'll hate Fuuka and I will enjoy trashing it with you guys.

I hope the anagami ss version come soon

Just one word: Seo

I'll enjoy trashing it with you too lol. Now I can't wait for it to come.
Feb 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Oct 2013
Spider,

If you want to know what happened to Nagato you should just wait for the spin-off.
Feb 7, 2014 2:02 PM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Spider,

If you want to know what happened to Nagato you should just wait for the spin-off.

And since this is the last chapter I'll give you a list of people who are missing:

Kenichi

Red haired lesbian

Neighbor lady's husband

And now for the people who had lack of development:

Aoi

Fujikawa

Shiho

Narumi

What the fuck just happened? Are we gonna get extras? Are we gonna have spinoffs? How would song jae gu and queen even handle their LDR? I know it'll be better written but in two different areas something would most likely happen
Feb 7, 2014 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
Could be safe to call this another kind of VK ending.
I mean we got Haruto and Yuzuki together, but we got Kazama's figure strongly present in Haruto's life. That's weird, you think it would be the girl, but no is Haruto who still stuck with him. Yuzuki you are just a rebound for Haruto. Lucky you Asuka.
Feb 7, 2014 2:54 PM

Oct 2009
I finally caught up on the manga. I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. No clue how on I'm going to score this.
Feb 7, 2014 2:57 PM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
I mean we got Haruto and Yuzuki together, but we got Kazama's figure strongly present in Haruto's life. That's weird, you think it would be the girl, but no is Haruto who still stuck with him. Yuzuki you are just a rebound for Haruto. Lucky you Asuka.

By girl you mean Fuuka right?
Feb 7, 2014 3:36 PM

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:

By girl you mean Fuuka right?

No, I am just making fun that normally a girl would be stuck an unable to forget her boyfriend, but in this case Haruto, another guy, is the one that is unable to forget his ....................... That why I add as well that Yuzuki is a rebound, since Haruto's heart belongs to *cough*Kazama*cough* and she got him only cause her rival *cough*kazama*cough* died.
Feb 7, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
How is it called, when the mc is taken away from his lover by another man? Netori?
Feb 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2012
Behemoth11 said:
How is it called, when the mc is taken away from his lover by another man? Netori?

This might be the first time something like this has happen, so I am not sure how to even call this. I guess KNIMrare or SEOrare should be the appropriate new term.

MC's girl gets stolen = Netorare
MC steals somebody else's girl = Netori
MC(guy) gets stolen by another guy = only in KNIM and in SEO's head.
jose21Feb 7, 2014 4:29 PM
Feb 7, 2014 4:18 PM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:

Well since this manga is over, how would you put song jae gu in the KNIM world? The guy can still have the same history and characterization but in detal how would you retell his events in middle school through adulthood? How would he first meet yuzuki, rin, kazama, asuka, and the rest? That red head piece of shit can also play a role on the Hiroshima arc, the tokyo arc, and so on. How would you be able to do this?
Feb 7, 2014 6:38 PM
Dec 2013
It's incredible how nobody had that one big moment besides the father. Why doesn't Seo give something for rin to say? Why hasn't asuka say anything to haruto? I mean she's the ex. Doesn't she have anything to say? Nothing from nanami who was always there for haruto? What about aku his big sister? Nothing from the friends? Is that all you have us Seo? You barely gave us any development shown to the characters and all they got to show for in the finale is nothing? Really? Are you for real? Ugh, what just happened to him?
Feb 8, 2014 4:47 AM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
This manga is shit.

Scoring it 8\10 only because of the first 170 chapters which were pretty good.
Feb 8, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2010
Kinda expected this ending but, I've beenr eading this series for such a long time, can't bring myself to hate it.
Feb 8, 2014 4:59 AM

Dec 2013
Daiki: Daddy Daddy! Whose helmet is that?

Haruto: Ehh? Oh, Dad's best buddy who tries to steal your mom away.

Daiki: ... Seriously Dad??...
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 8, 2014 5:02 AM

Nov 2012
Let's see,
Haruto was willing to let go of Yuzuki a few chapters ago and even seemed to have move on quite easily, but has kept that helmet all this time. Come on that's true love. His love for his fallen hero knows no bounds.
jose21Feb 8, 2014 5:06 AM
Feb 8, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2011
I'll miss all the ragefest each week.
Oh well, Nisekoi and TWGOK will be excellent substitutes.
Feb 8, 2014 5:13 AM

Oct 2012
Rinji- said:
Kinda expected this ending but, I've beenr eading this series for such a long time, can't bring myself to hate it.

Me too, I know the story took too long to come to an end, but I couldn't hate this manga. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the last chapter and the ending in general because it's what I had been expecting for long and I couldn't see it ending another way.

I understand people think it's crap and don't like it, but I personally really liked it. To be frank, I'm sort of sad that its over. But I'm relieved because its a happy ending, the same kind that in Suzuka, even if it took way more time to reach it...
It looks clearly that it's not to everyone's liking but it's mine and I assume it :p

Now I'm expecting something even better with Half & Half (Seo has the possibility to make something quite epic with it , and I hope it'll be) , and also his new work Fuuka, which 1st chapter looks quite promising ^^
Feb 8, 2014 5:14 AM

Aug 2012
Loved it. Don't care if everybody hated it, it introduced me to wonderful world of manga. Many emotions up and down in this manga, but I don't regret one bit of it. Thanks kimi no iru machi.
Feb 8, 2014 5:25 AM
Apr 2008
Predictable and really disappointed how the manga end up
Damn...5/10
Feb 8, 2014 5:25 AM

Oct 2013
I don't know why some people are upset about it. It's a beautiful chapter and good conclusion for the manga. They achieved their dreams, have children and everyone is happy.
The drama before was indeed unnessecary, but I still like this series.

And one last time:

Fuck you Kazama!
Feb 8, 2014 5:26 AM
Feb 2012
And it's finally over.

At least he became a chef. That's something I guess. Fuck the rest, though. Seo ruined the story long ago, both story-wise and in the art department. Glad it's over.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 8, 2014 5:31 AM

Nov 2012
Behemoth11 said:
I don't know why some people are upset about it. It's a beautiful chapter and good conclusion for the manga. They achieved their dreams, have children and everyone is happy.

And one last time:

Fuck you Kazama!

That's exactly why I am so upset.
Feb 8, 2014 5:36 AM

Apr 2009
Finally it is over.
2/10
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 8, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
My eyes are bleeding. Fuck this.
Feb 8, 2014 5:39 AM

Aug 2008
Epic ending. Tied up all loose ends.

Or not.
Fast track to wedding, job success, no backstory on support cast.
Kazama is the winner.
Feb 8, 2014 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, so its finally the end..

I started reading this years ago, when the setting was still in their high school and I loved that part.. but once they moved to Tokyo the story seriously went downhill and I only occasionally caught up with the latest chapter.

Still kind of feels nostalgic that a manga that accompanied you over a couple of years ends.

6/10

PS: Haruto should've just chosen Shiho ages ago
Feb 8, 2014 5:49 AM

Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:

And one last time:

Fuck you Kazama!

Yeah I agree Behemoth1.

I know and respect people's opinion on the series but being predictable doesn't necessarily make it bad. I think it was a heartfelt chapter and a good conclusion although not as touching as the previous reunion chapter.

The series has had its negative points still overall a good one where I enjoy most of it.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 8, 2014 5:54 AM

Aug 2008
Benphyre said:
Behemoth11 said:

And one last time:

Fuck you Kazama!

Yeah I agree Behemoth1.

I know and respect people's opinion on the series but being predictable doesn't necessarily make it bad. I think it was a heartfelt chapter and a good conclusion although not as touching as the previous reunion chapter.

The series has had its negative points still overall a good one where I enjoy most of it.

Well not that it was predictable, it was just too abrupt for my taste. Plus it made the whole job hunting arc and break up seem pointless if he was going to end up with a chef job anyway. It just begs the question...why didn't Haruto just take the job back then?

Now to be fair at least he learned marketing skills from his company he worked in (probably). But still it just feels like we were toyed around with for no reason. I think if this ending came 50-60 chapters ago no one would care.
Feb 8, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
hyperknees91 said:

Well not that it was predictable, it was just too abrupt for my taste. Plus it made the whole job hunting arc and break up seem pointless if he was going to end up with a chef job anyway. It just begs the question...why didn't Haruto just take the job back then?

Now to be fair at least he learned marketing skills from his company he worked in (probably). But still it just feels like we were toyed around with for no reason. I think if this ending came 50-60 chapters ago no one would care.

Yeah sadly and surely that was one of the negative sides of the series. Which is why I rated the series 6/10.

That part got me wondering as well, why quit the job now when he should quit before the break up? I figured it could just be a plot device so Yuzuki could wait for him.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 8, 2014 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
The good parts of this series still leave fond memories in my mind. It started decent, then it became great, then Tokyo it went down a little, but I still liked it all the way through until Haruto got together with Yuzuki. 8/10 for that.
The pointless fillers were horrible - post getting back together with Yuzuki, the manga was mediocre, giving little to no entertainment and the situations just kept getting more and more stupid. The mini arcs were not very well done as well, pretty average. Those parts, while pointless still provided entertainment value and I would give it 5/10. The very last arc where they broke up was okay, but time skip made it seem simply lazy. At least it got a sweet ending.

6.5/10 overall from me (Rounded down to 6), carried by the first half. Second half was mediocre.
ClawViperFeb 15, 2015 12:56 PM
Feb 8, 2014 6:12 AM
Jul 2012
Oh well finally the series ended 9/10 considering this is what I want in this type of manga but this ending was crap. Don't stall out a manga just to rush the ending Seo.
Feb 8, 2014 6:56 AM

Jul 2012
Wow can't believe its ended seo put us through a lot of shit over the years but I'm not gonna lie its gonna be weird not to have this manga coming out every week. Well the biggest thing that ticked me off was about how haruto instantly got his restaurant at the end when the story was going on a complete tangent away from his cooking interests so I was thinking that was REALLY should a been emphasized more in this whole series
Feb 8, 2014 7:02 AM

Oct 2013
That thing with his job isn't bothering me. As Takashi said it, Haruto had already a good job and worked hard. But I think it's because of that, that he was able to acquire the used knowledge and experience to do something like that.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there a better english translation of this manga?

Reshiram_IX - Apr 17

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 132 Discussion

belarion - Apr 21, 2011

22 by Mohan_Raj3 »»
Mar 19, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechDragon - Jun 21, 2011

113 by uruna117 »»
Jan 20, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 259 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

outkastfox - Jan 26, 2014

1089 by DarkHumor04 »»
May 28, 2023 4:09 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 253 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viesiu - Nov 23, 2013

61 by psyche-K »»
Sep 28, 2022 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.